Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

Oh please, Carol unnecessarily murdered those two people which is why she had to drag and burn them in secret.

Are you talking about Karen and David at the prison? She was trying to stop the disease I thought. 

• Love 4

Are you talking about Karen and David at the prison? She was trying to stop the disease I thought. 

Carol was wrong and lacked basic knowledge about how virus are transmitted to think that sick people locked in a cell could spread a disease that was already in the population. Carol murdered those people for no reason.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I bet ABC wishes they had thought of Talking Lost now that CM Punk has mentioned it...

From craft services to the producers - Nobody knew what was going on at that show.  They would end up needing stretchers to wheel out the people who tried to make sense out of that quagmire. 

• Love 2

I was surprised that YNB didn't remember Tom Sawyer was Lizzie's book. That was burned into my brain.

I missed about 5-10 minutes and when I checked it turned out it was all Bethyl vs. Caryl. Miracles happen!

Edited by Pete Martell

And I thought I was the only weirdo paying attention to that.  In a literary sense, fire frequently represents change.

I loved how YNB picked up on it and made the comparison to what it meant literally and figuratively. This is the type of celeb-fan I like.

She was.

Carol was wrong and lacked basic knowledge about how virus are transmitted to think that sick people locked in a cell could spread a disease that was already in the population. Carol murdered those people for no reason.

This has been discussed to hell and back on both the episode threads and the Carol thread. The clip was replayed tonight to tie in with the fire theme. I am team Carol myself.

Edited by HalcyonDays
Edited to remove last line.
  • Love 12

You know it's a good episode of talking dead when it flies by and I wanted to keep going for at least a couple more hours. Yet again, Yvette was informed and informative, funny and sweet and had great chemistry with Chris and the other two guests. And she looked terrific too. CM Punk was good and the actor who played Noah had some thoughtful contributions about his character, was clearly a fan of the show and had some good one-liners. If I wasn't worried about too much of a good thing, I would be lobbying for YNB to have A permanent spot on the couch as a guest.

Edited by Iguana
  • Love 8

The big miss for YNB was forgetting Tom Sawyer belonges to Lizzie. They hammered that home a couple times over the last season or so.

Doublecheck those notes lady! I do enjoy her though.

Lol at "hey, I got a new katana for ya!"

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 5

Brothers, plural. Danny Masterson (Steven Hyde on That ’70s Show) and Christopher Masterson (eldest brother Francis on Malcolm in the Middle) are her half brothers.

Wow, I had no idea that Danny and Christopher were related although now I think about it there is a strong resemblance. Of course, I never knew the actors real names. I am not sure that I see that resemblance in Alanna though.

It is so cool that CM Punk and Yvette have become friends since their first co-appearances on TD. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

It is so cool that CM Punk and Yvette have become friends since their first co-appearances on TD.

Agreed. Seems like an unlikely duo, but totally adorable. She mentioned before too that he had bought her all the graphic novels so she could compare more. 

YNB is one of my favourite people and I hate the fact that she's getting hate over her comments. Always good to see that she can take it and let it roll off her back, but she's by far the most well-informed guest the show has ever had. 

• Love 3

CM Punk makes very intelligent comments and makes a great guest duo with Yvette. He is also really really hot if you ask me.

he was quite the ladies man when he was still wrestling. He even admits that he wasn't a good boyfriend but no woman hated him after they were done. He has slowed down in recent years and is now married to active female wrestler. So kudos to him.

In YNB and CM Punk's defense, it was TTD that prompted the "shipping" conversation. First, with that viewer poll about being sad about Daryl and Carol not hooking up  and then Hardwick asking YNB her opinion. But for the show stirring it up, I don't think it would have even come up.

• Love 2

In YNB and CM Punk's defense, it was TTD that prompted the "shipping" conversation. First, with that viewer poll about being sad about Daryl and Carol not hooking up and then Hardwick asking YNB her opinion. But for the show stirring it up, I don't think it would have even come up.

yeah, I don't know whether Hardwick scripts the polls or his questions, but I felt like throwing something at him with those.

Let the ships sink!

Edited by lulee
  • Love 2

And...I still don't give a shit about shipping. If people want to ship, let them ship. Some people like a little romance in their shows. Some people think that some of the characters should be logically linking up. It's not serious enough for me the complain about every time shipping comes up on the aftershow. There is barely any show on tv where a fair amount of shipping from the audience doesn't exist. The aftershow would be foolish to just ignore it.

• Love 2

I have a feeling that the shipping was addressed, and prompted by TPTB to be discussed, specifically because of fans who have gone overboard and brought their shipping preferences to real life, tweeting actors and show runners regarding how they feel.  I know MMB has gotten a lot of hate tweets from Bethyl fans, and I'm sure EK has gotten some hurtful tweets as well.  As has YVB and SG.  It's gone from something cute that fans do in their own minds on their own time to actually affecting real lives.  So yes, they are probably trying to shut down the most lucid fans (there's no hope for the most insane ones, I'm afraid).

• Love 2

And...I still don't give a shit about shipping. If people want to ship, let them ship. Some people like a little romance in their shows. Some people think that some of the characters should be logically linking up. It's not serious enough for me the complain about every time shipping comes up on the aftershow. There is barely any show on tv where a fair amount of shipping from the audience doesn't exist. The aftershow would be foolish to just ignore it.

I don't expect them to ignore it, but I think it is derailing when this stuff pops up every time they are in an episode. When Carol has to murder her adopted daughter after said child killed her own sister, I'm not thinking, "Caryl, take me away!" And having Talking Dead turn into a symposium on the inappropriateness of "Bethyl" when Beth wasn't even in this past episode takes away from what I most want to see - discussion of the specific episode. 

That's why I said I don't want to see YNB and CM Punk in the mid-season finale. If something big happens, I don't want to tune in and hear more talk about who should win Daryl's heart, or his groin, or whatever.

• Love 3

To be fair, the writers and Kirkman were wrong and lacked basic knowledge about how viruses are transmitted to think that the entire population of the world could be infected with the zombie virus simultaneously (or at least within a matter of mere weeks.)  There are not enough "bioweapon distribution systems" and smart bombs and drones in existence to make that happen. I think we have to assume epidemiology works differently in the WD universe.

• Love 3

So I started watching it again this morning, before my kids got up, and I have to say my favorite part of the episode was when Chris asked CM Punk what he thought of Noah initially. And CMP was like - "Hated him". And he went on to explain that he has a very hard time trusting new people on this show, it takes a lot for him to warm up to them. And Chris says, "You know you're not IN the group, right?" I just died. Because that's exactly how I (and I'm sure other die hard fans) operate - like I'm a member of CDB myself. Too funny. 

• Love 11

Sonequa is eight months pregnant? Damn. She looks great.

Happy B-day, Chris.

Christian is lovely. She looks like an old fashion movie star with her hair style.

Edited by SimoneS

I assume she'll be killed off this season for that reason. Poor Sasha....but yay for Sonequa

I thought the same when I first heard she was pregnant (back at comic con I believe) but the fact that she is so tiny and if they continue filming the group split up, they can easily get away with it on the show without mentioning it. 

I have a hard time with the idea that Tyreese is holding onto his humanity by not killing.  I don't consider Rick to be less of a human being because he chewed out a bad guy's throat.  I think Carl's love for his father and his baby sister stand testament to his humanity.  Michonne's willingness to shake off her isolation speaks to hers.  I think the group has done one hell of a job hanging onto their humanity while killing the shit out of everyone who screws with them.  Get over yourself, Tyreese.

• Love 2