Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

I like this Paul Thompson person. 

That was not a great sneak peek.

It is cool that Chris shared his cake with the audience.

But he stuck his finger in the piece he cut for lady who came up to ask a question. That was vile. 

I was very disappointed that the lady wasted a question just to ask Rosita about "fashion" in the ZA. So stupid.

Now for something really shallow. I wish that executive producer Denise Huth would get some dental work. The mechanics of her mouth are like a train wreck I can't stop staring at.

• Love 3

I don't know that you can trust word choice that much but Sonequa word choice didn't seem hedge about the pregnancy being written in.  Her manner did, but that could also indicate that she's squirming over not revealing a story point related to a pregnancy.

See Christian and Sonequa agree with me about the lack of sex being strange.

Not so strange to me. But then I've always linked sex to hygiene, and the lack of the latter would cause me to think twice about the former.

Happy Birthday, Chris! BUT....streetwalking and stripping are not tghe same thing! That said, Streetwalking Dead would be an awesome spin-off!

After last week's this was a bit of a let down.

• Love 1

I loved how YNB picked up on it and made the comparison to what it meant literally and figuratively. This is the type of celeb-fan I like.

I know she's got a lot going on with care of her father, but I think I'd like Yvette to get hired on by TWD in a story editor capacity. She knows this show forwards and backwards on both literal and symbolic levels, and I suspect her prep for an episode of the aftershow is more comprehensive than what the writers go through before penning an actual episode.

• Love 3

Gotta love the caller whose question was for Sonequa: 'If you were Beth, would you trust Dawn?' Don't ask her a question about her own character or a situation she's in. Ask her a hypothetical about Beth, with whom Sasha hasn't shared a scene in, what, the better part of a year? Just seemed really odd to me. Like saying 'I don't really care about your character, let's talk about my fave!'

• Love 5

I know that this will make me seem like a horrible person, but I was not happy with Chris spending the first 5 minutes talking about SMG's pregnancy.  I want show talk!  I do agree that she looks fabulous though...

And yes, Chris protested far too much that just because there would be a surprise guest that doesn't mean someone is getting killed off in the next episode.  Ugh, Chris, have your even watched the Talking Dead?  It so means it.

• Love 2

I know she's got a lot going on with care of her father, but I think I'd like Yvette to get hired on by TWD in a story editor capacity. She knows this show forwards and backwards on both literal and symbolic levels, and I suspect her prep for an episode of the aftershow is more comprehensive than what the writers go through before penning an actual episode.

I would agree if she hadn't totally forgotten that Lizzie loved Tom Sawyer. I think YNB is like many fans, myself included - she is interested in certain material and as a result forgets some fairly basic things. I think YNB is more interested in the romantic elements of the show, which is true of a lot of fans. 

And yes, Chris protested far too much that just because there would be a surprise guest that doesn't mean someone is getting killed off in the next episode.  Ugh, Chris, have your even watched the Talking Dead?  It so means it.

I think they have made this less obvious in the last few years, but I'm still skeptical.

I was very disappointed that the lady wasted a question just to ask Rosita about "fashion" in the ZA. So stupid.

And I was also super annoyed by Christian Serratos's answer - that those stupid daisy dukes WERE the best choice for the ZA. She has got to be out of her mind. Yes, it's less clothing for walkers to grab onto - but you're also leaving your skin more exposed to bites, bugs, the elements, etc. 

Overall, not my favorite cast guest. I am liking her alright on the show, but the actress didn't seem to have much of interest to say. 

I thought SMG looked absolutely amazing for being 8 months pregnant, and I love her as a guest because she seems super down to earth and fun. 

• Love 1

I know that this will make me seem like a horrible person, but I was not happy with Chris spending the first 5 minutes talking about SMG's pregnancy.  I want show talk!  I do agree that she looks fabulous though...

It actually doesn't mean that. For the past few season, they seem to aware of this issue so they make sure to not just have actors set up for Talking Dead on their death episode. This is also not the first time Chris has tried to stress this. He and the show are aware of this issue. He's addressing it.

• Love 1

And I was also super annoyed by Christian Serratos's answer - that those stupid daisy dukes WERE the best choice for the ZA. She has got to be out of her mind. Yes, it's less clothing for walkers to grab onto - but you're also leaving your skin more exposed to bites, bugs, the elements, etc. 

See, I was the opposite there, because I was happy she defended the choice! I live in Atlanta, and you cannot GET me to wear the amount of clothes these people are sporting, except for maybe two months out of the entire year! It is not only wickedly hot, but damp...all the time! I cringe and thank the powers that be that there is not yet smell-o-vision every time Tyreese appears! That said, they could all learn a lesson about layering.

• Love 4

See, I was the opposite there, because I was happy she defended the choice! I live in Atlanta, and you cannot GET me to wear the amount of clothes these people are sporting, except for maybe two months out of the entire year! It is not only wickedly hot, but damp...all the time! I cringe and thank the powers that be that there is not yet smell-o-vision every time Tyreese appears! That said, they could all learn a lesson about layering.

That's understandable, but the show is set in a place where I imagine bug spray is hard to find, as is sunscreen.  And they also have walkers who might try to bite.  I wish the abilities of the walkers was better spelled out, because sometimes they move fast, sometimes slow.  Sometimes they seem stymied by small obstacles, sometimes not, etc.  I guess it's up to the writers if a character happens upon a fast moving walker with good reflexes and a strong grip, or if they meet up with a slow moving one who just stumbles around until the character either runs away or finishes the walker off.

Wasn't there something in the first season where Jim (I think it was) had been bitten and as he got closer to death he seemed to get flashes of pictures and a buzzing noise?  That led me to wonder if the show was going to go the route of the walkers forming a hive mind where each individual may not be very smart at all, but as they gathered closer together their tiny amount of brain power started giving them more intelligence.  Now that would be terrifying.  We'd be seeing the newer, more able walkers going after the people while the lesser walkers gathered close by in a circle to prevent anyone from getting away.

• Love 2

I spent about half of my adult life in FL. I would definitely rather sweat a bit than have my bare skin exposed. Even though it's not much, jeans are going to give you SOME layer of protection against bites, bugs, injuries, etc. I do agree that some of them seem to have TOO much clothing on, though. How Tyrese doesn't pass out daily with that damn wool cap on his head, I'll never know. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4

Bugs frequently show a preference for one person over another; this drives my wife nuts, because we can be standing side-by-side out in the yard and she will get 8-10 bites to my one or none. A large part of it is how much you sweat, because the ammonia and other compounds in sweat are what mosquitoes and other insects hone in on.

So you have a balancing act in outdoor wardrobe: wear enough to protect you from insects, the elements and the environment (I'd hate to see Rosita have to run those Daisy Dukes through a briar patch), while NOT wearing so much you sweat too much - which can be just as bad or worse:

• Increased attraction to insects, as stated above.
  • Body odor.
  • Dehydration - you have to put back all that water that comes out, and we've already seen them having occasional issues with finding a dependable clean water supply.
  • Electrolyte imbalance- it is possible to sweat out so much salt, your body can't absorb what water you can find to drink.

Like anything else - trade-offs.

• Love 2

Tompkins was on the show before, right? I remember not caring for him. He was OK here. I liked that he let Sonequa and Christian have the floor and just added some dry observations of his own (like how pathetic/weird it is that every walker Gabriel meets is someone he once knew). I also liked his outfit, which reminded me of something one of Samantha's uncles would have worn on Bewitched.

I appreciated getting to see the case have so much time to talk about the show and their characters, which often isn't the cast on TD, but poor Christian was all but gasping for words more than once. There were long dead spots that Hardwick seemed uneasy about. I think her best answer was the one about being so happy to get to go fishing. I liked that. 

Sonequa is just a delight. The perfect antidote to the messy writing for Sasha. I'm glad she was there for this episode of any.

• Love 3

He is supposed to be on this season. It was mentioned somewhere. I doubt it'll be for the MSF, though. He would probably go on with another cast member, like with AL or NR, I would think, and not someone like Kirkman, but then it's possible if filming is over.

Yes, Talking Dead is live. CR as a child actor can only do so much, though, which is one of the reasons why I think they said he'd be on TD next season (which is now this season) when they weren't filming TWD. So, yes, he could be the mystery guest for this episode, but I just assumed they'd probably pair him up with his "dad" and maybe wait until the season finale and actually advertise him or even keep him for a two-guest only couch to give him a little more focus. IIRC they advertised AL and didn't pull the "mystery guest" setup for him.

My guess is maybe the Dawn actress? Her character could maybe use some additional insight from the actress.

My guess for the mystery guest for this Sunday's Talking Dead is Chad Coleman -- since he seems to have another full-time job filming 'The Expanse' and it films in Toronto.  I'm not the only one that thinks this is a possibility, per the link below.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/chad-coleman-joins-cast-of-new-syfy-tv-series-the-expanse-might-this-signal-the-fate-of-his-walking-dead-character-20141121

• Love 1

He was just on a few episodes ago, wasn't he? So I don't know if he'll be on again so soon (same for EK), which is why I went for Dawn, who will have been on a few episodes by then. But who knows?

I want Kegan Michael Key to be funny, and they're supposed to be sad about Beth.

Kirkman saying it's hard to figure out when it's time for a character to go--obviously so, because sometimes he gets it reeeeely wrong.

Edited by BrokenRemote

Damn, what did Key say that they had to mute?

Dang, re watched a few times and can't read his lips. They must be on at least a few second delay, huh?

Yeah, Rick hit Lamsin, and you thought 'it's on'. Then there was 50 minutes of talking...

( I don't usually care if it's not wall-to-wall action, but this just struck me as funny.)

Edited by BrokenRemote

OMG they are playing up the tragedy without the least little bit of sarcasm, lol.

Because while Beth might not be popular on this forum (which has a a few regular posters), she has a ton of fans across the Internet and in the non-online audience. These people care that she is dead so of course, they are going to talk about it. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

I'm sort of odd myself to even comment, but some of these people video-ing in are kind of odd.  Not just the ones who are trying either.

Chris, no one tops Marilyn Manson because he was unscripted.

Edited by raven
  • Love 1

KMK was the PERFECT choice for this episode, but why must Kirkman be involved in every shocking death episode? He is such a smug douchebag...

And why must he say "you know" with every sentence???

• Love 2

As much as I didn't care for Emily Kinney as an actress, I am tearing up watching her cry. I remember when she, Scott Wilson, and Lauren Cohan were on together. You could tell how close they were, and I know it's gotta be hard to say goodbye to all that. I grew up acting; lots of community theater and travelling shows. I performed in a touring production of a Christmas Carol when I was 13 and 14. We were gone for 8 weeks and you're with these people day in and day out. They really do become your family and the show becomes your life. It's a really big adjustment when it's all just over. And that was only two months. These people have been doing it for years. I totally empathize with her. EK really seems like a sweet young lady. I just feel she was in a bit over her head.

• Love 10

I'm feeling for Emily. She's lost her job and her makeshift family. It must suck for the actors to only find out a week or two before they get killed off. And yes, she's really pretty.

I feel bad about it, but I kind of love that they are making Kirkman sit there and listen to her cry over her losing her job on his birthday.

• Love 18