Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

I think it should be okay,once a character dies, for the actor to return from time to time as a guest on Talking Dead. Seriously, considering how many idiots they've brought on for no reason whatsoever, why not give us an occasional visit by Shane, or Dale, or.. anybody except Brillip. This would give us the best of both worlds.

They could kill off Abe and Eugene, but they could still have them on the show a few more times.

Unfortunately, they missed a golden opportunity to have Gareth eat them.

Think of how many jokes they could have made about "Michael Cutlets."

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7

I watched again this morning, because I'm posting while I live watch and I can miss things. I have to say, the funniest moment for me was when they were discussing who would win a Rick-Abraham brawl, and McDermitt says Rick has "old man strength" and then starts talking about the power in his grey beard. It was so freaking hilarious, but then I got a bit defensive of my Rick. I'm all, "Hey, he's not old! He's been under a lot of stress. If you'd ever met Lori, you'd know. Then he's gotta deal with Carl and his pudding needs. It's a lot, okay? Cut him a break". 

Never EVER discount old man strength.  Abraham may be stronger, but Rick is tougher.  Abraham would take the early lead in a fight, but Rick would outlast him.

• Love 3

I think it should be okay,once a character dies, for the actor to return from time to time as a guest on Talking Dead.

I would be fine with that, as long as the actor is still a fan. At a con last month (possibly in Atlanta?) they had some panels with old characters and I read that a few of them stopped watching the show and haven't been aware of what was happening. So I would find that to be a pretty useless guest. 

I was curious as to how old the three of them were because I never really considered Andy/Rick to be 'old man' though the beard this season is showing that a bit more. I was actually surprised that Josh was in his late 30s, and that Cudlitz is 50. In a fight, I think Abraham could overpower Rick, but Rick is pretty brutal. He managed to get Tyrese down, though it's shown recently that Tyrese is a bit of a baby sometimes...

• Love 4
I was actually surprised that Josh was in his late 30s, and that Cudlitz is 50.

The latter just shocks me. I would have easily pegged him as a decade younger. I must not be very good at judging ages. I thought Rooker was a lot younger than he was well. 

Abe has gotten knocked down in one punch by Glenn.

Rick has decisively taken down both Tyreese and Merle.

Besides Brillip, the only person who ever came close to beating him was Shane, and Shane still lost. 

(Unless you count Rick ending up with Lori and Carl as losing. Hmmm...)

Also, Aquaman could totally beat up Eugene.

Because he has power over mullets.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 6

I'd be willing to be Rick's experience in takedowns exceeds Abraham's by far.  :)

At first read, I'm thinking Yes! Me too! I would be willing to be Rick's experience in takedowns!

But now I see you meant something else.

• Love 8

If the guy who played Dale was on there I'd be tempted to call in and start asking questions about Frank Darabont, just to see the looks on everyone's faces.

I think we can all picture the look on Jeffrey DeMunn's face.

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 12

At first read, I'm thinking Yes! Me too! I would be willing to be Rick's experience in takedowns!

But now I see you meant something else.

You need to ask yourself, do you prefer your jugular vein inside your neck or would you like to feel it ripped out by Rick's teeth?  That's a take down I can do without experiencing myself.  Now if the choice is he's going to throw me on a bed  . . . let's just say there had better be some serious showering and grooming for either character before that would happen.  At this point, they have to be covered in all kinds of nastiness, some of it crawling.  

dff921bbba50b6ca1e816a244fbdcea590c88065

Now if the choice is he's going to throw me on a bed  . . . let's just say there had better be some serious showering and grooming for either character before that would happen.  At this point, they have to be covered in all kinds of nastiness, some of it crawling.  

But I might be dead tomorrow.

If I have to die of something...well....

• Love 4

Now if the choice is he's going to throw me on a bed  . . . let's just say there had better be some serious showering and grooming for either character before that would happen.  At this point, they have to be covered in all kinds of nastiness, some of it crawling.

Given that Michonne was salvaging an electric razor for Rick and telling him his face was losing the battle BEFORE they lost the prison and their rain barrels and showers, yeah, I'd say a shower and a delousing are probably in order.

• Love 1

Dale was at Walker Stalker con in Atlanta and he talked about Frank Darabont. He would make an excellent panelist  in that respect, not so much if you want to talk Walking Dead, he's one of the ones that does not watch the show or keep up. He was funny but he pictures they've all taken the winnebago and found a nice field of fruit trees and they're living peaceful and happy lives. Andrea also doesn't keep up with the show, she says because the people are her friends and she doesn't want to watch them die.

And any time anyone starts feeling frisky on this show I start imaging how much they must stink. Yes, very serious washing up. Probably why I didn't want Daryl and Beth hooking up when they got drunk and burned down a house, he went over to a corner and peed...yeah not a big turn on for me. 

Edited by nachomama
  • Love 1
I agree any returning actors should be expected to be familiar with the show.  But I also think any completely random guests ought to do the same thing, and we've seen far too many who didn't.

Amen to that. Some I can think of seem like they've seen commercials and posts on the internet and that's about it. 

• Love 2

I get the feeling that Marilyn Manson or Matt Jones could have watched every episode multiple times and still come up with no useful contributions. Hell, I hadn't seen an episode since Carol got voted off the island and I still figured out the people at Terminus were cannibals well before the end of the season premiere! How does someone miss that detail?

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 4
I agree any returning actors should be expected to be familiar with the show.  But I also think any completely random guests ought to do the same thing, and we've seen far too many who didn't.

Amen to that. Some I can think of seem like they've seen commercials and posts on the internet and that's about it. 

Maron on IFC did an episode about Marc Maron appearing on Talking Dead with zero knowledge of The Walking Dead. The other guest "superfan" was Michael Ian Black. It made me like Chris Hardwick even more—I like people who can make fun of themselves.

• Love 1

I recall Dominic Monighan bowing out as a guest because he hadn't had time to watch. I wish more celebs would follow suit.

When the Dominic Monaghan thing happened, I snarked, "Is this the new 'I'm leaving politics to spend more time with my family'?" But in hindsight, I greatly appreciate the attempt to model appropriate behavior.

• Love 4

If the show is live I have no idea how they're not at the very least watching it on a prompter somewhere. I'm sure they watch ahead, like studying. If you are truly a fan of the show, having missed 1 episode does not a terrible guest make. I like Dominic Monaghan and he could fill in gaps. Now if you're just appearing as a favor for somebody and you've never watched a single episode or you wanna promote your wildlife show, which most of these guests don't really pitch their stuff, then yes, please do stay home. 

I need to hunt up the Marc Maron show cuz I like him and I'd still watch if he knew anything about the show or not but the fact that he spoofed it makes me love him all the more. 

Maron on IFC did an episode about Marc Maron appearing on Talking Dead with zero knowledge of The Walking Dead. The other guest "superfan" was Michael Ian Black. It made me like Chris Hardwick even more—I like people who can make fun of themselves.

I need to hunt up the Marc Maron show cuz I like him and I'd still watch if he knew anything about the show or not but the fact that he spoofed it makes me love him all the more. 

I posted the link where you can watch the entire episode for free at IFC.com until 12/27/14.

I saw YNB say on Twitter that she felt left out after CM Punk was announced. Maybe AM had something else going on.

I found it surprising when Alanna Masterson was mentioned for this upcoming episode. The previews feature Daryl and Carol and we can reasonably expect to see Beth and likely Noah, with it being hospital-centric, but it wouldn't it their usual bottle-episode pattern to include scenes with Tara and the BustedDCorBust gang.

She'd be a good guest the next time that group is featured.

• Love 1

She'd be a good guest the next time that group is featured.

Yes, and I hope whenever she guests--on TTD or anywhere else---that they don't use half the time asking about her brother. I always feel bad for someone when that happens.

• Love 1

I hope whenever [Alanna Masterson] guests--on TTD or anywhere else---that they don't use half the time asking about her brother. I always feel bad for someone when that happens.

Brothers, plural. Danny Masterson (Steven Hyde on That ’70s Show) and Christopher Masterson (eldest brother Francis on Malcolm in the Middle) are her half brothers.

• Love 1

I love Yvette's detailed notes.

CM Punk? The first guest on this show that I have no idea who that is.

He is a professional wrestler who is a great guest.

Why do people keep trying to sell Shane when these characters are nothing like him?

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3