Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Wining And Dining

• Start Topic

I agree with others about loving this episode. I can't stand Brandi at this point, but I will admit that I can stand her being around if her presence becomes a vehicle for the other, saner women forming a united front concerning her insanity. This feels like the "normal" world to me - a world where mature adults take a look at the crackpot in the corner and scratch their heads and wonder, "How do we make sense of this?" Kind of like how Sonja handled Kelly Bensimon in her first season of RHoNY. Imagine how much different Season 3 would have been if Adrienne had not taken the bait, had not consulted her lawyers and had not sent Bernie the PR machine into action - if she had kept calm, not given Brandi any ammunition and had instead held Brandi to firm task like Eileen did. It reminds me of watching the DC cast deal with the Salahi's. For some reason, I can deal with crazy when it is actually being dealt with as crazy (as opposed to provoking heightened levels of even further crazy). Suddenly, RHoBH has gone from being "The Brandi Show" to the "Let's All Acknowledge Brandi's Descent Into CooCooCrazy Land Show," and for some reason I can actually deal with the latter.

All that said, let me officially add my voice to the choir: Brandi needs to get axed from this show!

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 12

I don't think Brandi has a mental illness.  I think she's manipulative and would love for people to defend her actions with mental illness so she could absolve herself of the responsibility for them.

In fact, I think doing just that does a disservice to people who actually DO have mental issues.

She is well aware what she's doing/done is wrong. Hence her apologies to Eileen and her ass kissing with Lisa V.  I'm not about to let her off the hook by giving her any kind of sympathy for a "drinking" or "drugging" problem.  She's just a straight up manipulative bitch.

• Love 10

I agree with others about loving this episode. I can't stand Brandi at this point, but I will admit that I can stand her being around if her presence becomes a vehicle for the other, saner women forming a united front concerning her insanity. This feels like the "normal" world to me - a world where mature adults take a look at the crackpot in the corner and scratch their heads and wonder, "How do we make sense of this?" Kind of like how Sonja handled Kelly Bensimon in her first season of RHoNY. Imagine how much different Season 3 would have been if Adrienne had not taken the bait, had not consulted her lawyers and had not sent Bernie the PR machine into action - if she had kept calm, not given Brandi any ammunition and had instead held Brandi to firm task like Eileen did. It reminds me of watching the DC cast deal with the Salahi's. For some reason, I can deal with crazy when it is actually being dealt with as crazy (as opposed to provoking heightened levels of even further crazy). Suddenly, RHoBH has gone from being "The Brandi Show" to the "Let's All Acknowledge Brandi's Descent Into CooCooCrazy Land Show," and for some reason I can actually deal with the latter.

All that said, let me officially add my voice to the choir: Brandi needs to get axed from this show!

Yes, yes yes! That's why I love Lisa R and Elieen , they acted as anyone one of us would when confronted by a lunatic. I guess the others housewives are desensitized to the crazy. Loved it.

Brandi needs to learn sexual desire is something almost all of us have, along with hunger , elimination and the need for sleep. It really is a boring topic . It speaks to her level of intelligence and sophistication that sex seems to be her only interest.

• Love 8

This episode is on again right now.  Are the guys who are helping out at Bella's photoshoot the same ones who stayed at LisaV's place in Palm Springs?

ETA: A day later.  The Palm Springs episode is on.  I'm pretty sure the sycophants are the same guys.

Edited by erikdepressant

Personally I think that Brandi really does have some weird anxiety issues.  In a way, the things she does almost--not quite, but almost--reminds me of me when I'm in a social situation and in a state of extreme discomfort.

The difference is that I have a therapist, don't self medicate with booze and benzos, and do give a shit about other people's feelings.

I don't like Yolanda, but I would have kicked Brandi's ass right out the door.  That was an awfully uncomfortable party, and Brandi was the one who made it so.

• Love 6

Omg Kyle was channeling Mary Katherine Galligher when she put the napkin over her face. Or as Mary would say " sometimes when I get nervous I put my fingers under my arm pits and then i smell them" superstar !!

LOL! Kyle was having major douche chills! When that happens to me, my natural instinct is to cover my face with the collar of my top, or make a hair curtain. It's the closest I can get to making myself disappear.

• Love 4

Oh, I'm convinced that Brandi was planning the wine throw all along. She really wanted Eileen to get into her Days character so she could role play with her and planned to throw the wine during "the act", but since Eileen didn't take the bait Brandi threw wine on her anyway.

Yes, Brandi got a two-fer -- the attention and humiliating Eileen. Mission accomplished. However, now that everyone's onto her they can show her the door by not playing into her nonsense.

It can be done.

This really makes sense. A hellavu lot more sense that I was transported back to DOOL or I'm such a fan. I know when I'm a fan of someone I get the irrisitable urge to throw a drink in their face.

• Love 7

I'm also sort of confused as to why Brandi thinks that her cutesy-poo flirty behavior is going to work on Yo's 'King'.  Yolanda is a hypocrite in her own way, but I can't see her letting that go.  If Brandi is stupid enough to think that Yo will let that shit slide in any way, shape or form, I think she's in for a rude awakening.  

Also, the crap she was pulling with Babyface and his wife was equally repellent.  Who does this? I guess Brandi.  

I used to like her.  So gross.

• Love 4

Well, for Brandi to think Eileen is boring means nothing to me. It's for the viewers to decide and as a viewer I've come to the conclusion that not only is she not boring but someone I want to see more of.

• Love 9

There are nutty soap fans out there - someone referenced a Susan Lucci story earlier in this thread, and other people who have played soap villains tell tales about people accosting them in stores -- but superfan or not, Brandi should know better.  She was married to an actor; she's lived in LA for quite a while; and she was an Elite model before that, supposedly working for designers like Chanel and Armani; having traveled in the circles that she has, Brandi has to know how to act around celebrities - maybe even around normal, civilized people, too.  That superfan bit is BS and wearing really, really thin.  

Edited by harrie
  • Love 4

I wish instead of the necklace without a bag or box, Brandi had given Eileen something funny having to do with wine...like a spill proof sippy cup for wine made for adults. I mean, Eileen doesn't need anything but a reason to smile with Brandi.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 1

I used to like her.  So gross.

Haydensterling, I used to like her too - but I am mostly just quoting you so I can let you know how much I love your handle! One of my all time favorite character actors who starred in some of my favorite noir films!

• Love 3

The funny thing about it is that Brandi was married to a soap actor. Plus she's been part of The Real Housewives franchise for a few years which is also known to have fanatical fans.

So if Brandi is to be believed, back when she was in high school she watched Days of Our Lives and got very invested in the character Eileen played. Fast forward twenty five years later, after modeling in Europe, living in Los Angeles, being married to an actor, being a lightening rod cast member on a reality TV show, she meets Eileen Davidson and gets so caught up in her two decades old superfandom that she throws wine on Eileen Davidson because of Eileen's character's on-screen shenanigans back in the 1990s. Yeah I totally buy that.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 7

It seems like it would be pretty easy for the cast (excluding Kim) to ice Brandi out, both at the reunion and next season. They could decide as a cast to not give her any attention, and when required by production to film scenes with her they can present a united front and not give her the satisfaction of a reaction.

Every reaction just solidifies her "career" on this show. Put a stop to it.

The wild card is Yolanda, but a little bit of fence mending by Lisa and Mohammed may help.

I don't think Yolanda will turn her back on Brandi because she revealed too much personal/private info to Brandi. and she knows that Brandi will spill all of it! She has already told some of it, IMO, the Krupa/fish smell story came from Yolanda not Mohammad and that Brandi said it on WWHL is giving Yolanda nightmares about anything else she shared with Brandi! Yolanda will stay by Brandi's side until the show ends or she is fired/replaced. Kim loves that someone else is now seen as the alcoholic/addict instead of her.

• Love 5

The funny thing about it is that Brandi was married to a soap actor. Plus she's been part of The Real Housewives franchise for a few years which is also known to have fanatical fans.

So if Brandi is to be believed, back when she was in high school she watched Days of Our Lives and got very invested in the character Eileen played. Fast forward twenty five years later, after modeling in Europe, living in Los Angeles, being married to an actor, being a lightening rod cast member on a reality TV show, she meets Eileen Davidson and gets so caught up in her two decades old superfandom that she throws wine on Eileen Davidson because of Eileen's character's on-screen shenanigans back in the 1990s. Yeah I totally buy that.

I am not saying Brandi wasn't in high school when Eileen first played on DOOL, Brandi just would have been 21 years old.  Brandi has lied so much about her modeling days and who she met while she was modeling (remember the Cedric lie) I just kind of assume someone needs to do some fact checking and then I think. . . .who cares. 

• Love 5

It seems like the most logical housewife deathmatch would be Brandi vs Ramona....cocktails at 10 paces.

That would be interesting.  Brandi would win.  Now, I think Sonja vs. Brandi would also be interesting in which Sonja might squeak out a win. 

I would also like to see:

OC- Tamra vs. Brandi.  Winner:  Tamra.  Especially if there is alcohol involved..

NJ- Theresa vs. Brandi.  Winner: Theresa. Because she's Theresa.

Miami- Joanna vs. Brandi.  Winner: Joanna because she's mad at Brandi because of the the Mohammad Hadid thing.

DC- Brandi vs. Cat.  Winner: Cat.  I think she's a secret spy a la Elizabeth Jennings (The Americans) who can kill with her bare hands. 

Atlanta- Brandi vs. Porsha.  Winner: Porsha.  She's already proven she can throw down. 

Melbourne- I didn't watch it long enough.

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 2

Wow, I finally saw the ending. Babyface JOKINGLY says he'll sing a song about finger banging and Brandi gets gleeful. "Oh please make a song about finger banging! I would love that!" as if he offered to sing a song about her sons or something else precious to her. Is this chick for real?? She and everyone else have a chance to listen to some beautiful, impromptu piano/guitar music by very highly-regarded musicians and she wants lyrics about finger banging incorporated? She truly is just demented. Kyle said it perfectly, "why did you have to ruin a beautiful moment?" (or something similar)

David looked very uncomfortable when she plopped in his lap. She has a bad case of emotional stunting/arrested development. She's stuck at age 17.

• Love 8

I'd like to see how Brandi would fare against Nene (Atlanta) after making herself at home in Greg's lap. I think the only parts of this episode that I'd like to re watch are the parts with Kyle's dogs and LisaR standing in Yo's refrig. And, possibly Yo's Forest Gump rundown of available drinks - lemon champagne, lemon martinis, lemon pledge..

• Love 12

I've been trying to think of an equivalent situation to the wine throw and reasons given for it. All I could come up with was if I met the cast of Supernatural while I was hammered, I could maybe, probably not but MAYBE, AT MOST, see myself pretending to get a phone call from Lucifer or telling them to go bug Death again and tell him to resurrect my dear departed faves. If karaoke was involved there would be a somewhat increased chance of embarrassing myself (but I suppose that's always the case). And I'd get a hug and a picture with Misha Collins whether he wanted to or not, IDGAF. I'd do that sober.

However, I would not be throwing holy water or salt at them. I can't comprehend that. I am weird, I LIKE weird...but Brandi crossed the line into creepy.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

I wish instead of the necklace without a bag or box, Brandi had given Eileen something funny having to do with wine...like a spill proof sippy cup for wine made for adults. I mean, Eileen doesn't need anything but a reason to smile with Brandi.

That would be a gift for Brandi.  Perhaps a helmet with face guard would be appropriate for anyone dining with Brandi.

• Love 4

I was hoping Eileen would have casually tossed that necklace in the pool as they walked back. Yolonda's pool boy would find it, think it was hers and return it, then Yo would think David had been entertaining someone while she was away in Spain. Oh, the storyline that could have developed!

• Love 12

It's not just the women from Atlanta who would go to town on Brandi for pulling shit like that.

Imagine Brandi sitting on Romain's lap?(Husband of Joanna.) Or Mario's lap? Both Joe's? The husbands of both Heathers? (Especially Heather T.) Adriana? Some of those scenarios seem almost scary.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 5

I've been trying to think of an equivalent situation to the wine throw and reasons given for it. All I could come up with was if I met the cast of Supernatural while I was hammered, I could maybe, probably not but MAYBE, AT MOST, see myself pretending to get a phone call from Lucifer or telling them to go bug Death again and tell him to resurrect my dear departed faves. If karaoke was involved there would be a somewhat increased chance of embarrassing myself (but I suppose that's always the case). And I'd get a hug and a picture with Misha Collins, IDGAF. I'd do that sober.

However, I would not be throwing holy water or salt at them. I can't comprehend that. I am weird, I LIKE weird...but Brandi crossed the line into creepy.

Unless someone is known for drink tossing, I don't think there's anyway that it could occur to me to do that to them.

ITA that Brandi was planning on the wine toss from the get-go and was disappointed that Eileen wouldn't slip into character for her.

• Love 1

I just noticed the man in the recording area with Babyface and David is a jeweler-presumably one or others or both.  Is it possible in addition to Babyface and his bride, Brandi went for jab at the jeweler as well with her comments?

I too have to go with Eileen giving Brandi an elbow in the pool-except Brandi really, really wanted that.. . it would  have been nirvana for her if she could have had half the party in the pool.  All that attention directed at her.

• Love 2

I just noticed the man in the recording area with Babyface and David is a jeweler-presumably one or others or both.  Is it possible in addition to Babyface and his bride, Brandi went for jab at the jeweler as well with her comments?

I too have to go with Eileen giving Brandi an elbow in the pool-except Brandi really, really wanted that.. . it would  have been nirvana for her if she could have had half the party in the pool.  All that attention directed at her.

As much pleasure/joy pushing Brandi into the pool would have been for Eileen and for most of us, the viewers, it would have only given Brandi 1 more thing to cry "victim" about! LOL

• Love 6
As much pleasure/joy pushing Brandi into the pool would have been for Eileen and for most of us, the viewers, it would have only given Brandi 1 more thing to cry "victim" about! LOL

I agree, this is why I posted that I wished that Brandi had fallen into the pool after she asked Eileen, "So, we're good?" I know that pushing Brandi in she would have cried and made people sympathize with her so I'm glad that Eileen didn't give in to the temptation. And my would it have been tempting. There are a few women (all on other RH franchises) where I think that they very well might have. 

That being said, would it really have been so wrong for TPTB/God/Karma/Whatever/whoever-the-fuck-is-in-control--

would it have been so wrong for some sort of force to trip her up and make her drunk ass responsible for her own face splat into the pool? A wobbly shoe, a gust of wind, a crack in the pavement, anything, just so long as Brandi knows that she can't blame anyone else for why she's feeling silly and embarrassed on camera. Is it terrible that I basically feel something like this would have been just?

For the people who are keeping up and following Brandi on social media--please tell me that she's been getting served all over the place since this episode aired? Also, has she responded to any tweets or anything where she's giving an indication that she thinks her behavior is somehow okay/harmless/understandable? Are people ripping her up for WWHL? Anyone who is following her this week and is willing to update me on the madness will have my everlasting devotion, I promise. ;-p

• Love 4

I agree, this is why I posted that I wished that Brandi had fallen into the pool after she asked Eileen, "So, we're good?" I know that pushing Brandi in she would have cried and made people sympathize with her so I'm glad that Eileen didn't give in to the temptation. And my would it have been tempting. There are a few women (all on other RH franchises) where I think that they very well might have. 

That being said, would it really have been so wrong for TPTB/God/Karma/Whatever/whoever-the-fuck-is-in-control--

would it have been so wrong for some sort of force to trip her up and make her drunk ass responsible for her own face splat into the pool? A wobbly shoe, a gust of wind, a crack in the pavement, anything, just so long as Brandi knows that she can't blame anyone else for why she's feeling silly and embarrassed on camera. Is it terrible that I basically feel something like this would have been just?

For the people who are keeping up and following Brandi on social media--please tell me that she's been getting served all over the place since this episode aired? Also, has she responded to any tweets or anything where she's giving an indication that she thinks her behavior is somehow okay/harmless/understandable? Are people ripping her up for WWHL? Anyone who is following her this week and is willing to update me on the madness will have my everlasting devotion, I promise. ;-p

Her brother in law fell and has been in the ICU and she is advertising boots.

• Love 1

I think there was a lot more to that scene of King David telling Brandi that Babyface is married. I'll bet much ended up on the editing floor.

My first thought was that Mrs. Babyface gave King a look like "WTF?"  Mrs. Babyface was hard to see from each camera angle.  I just saw King's eyes go from her to Brandi, back and forth - then thy King spoke.  Then Brandi whines "I know, I know!" like my teen does.

• Love 7

I believe Brandi's issue with Eileen is she is boring.

I don't find Eileen the least bit boring but I suppose a whack job like Brandi would find someone who acts like an adult 'boring.'

Brandi isn't very interesting if you ask me. Acting out doesn't equal interesting. Not in my book. Brandi isn't particularly funny, she doesn't have any actual skills, she doesn't have a business or something like that. She's only 'known' because she of her divorce and then getting on this show.

Also? I'm tired of her flashing those vein-y boobs of hers.

• Love 6

That episode where Kyle & Yo go to Spain is on right now.  During Brandi's meeting about sponsors with the CEO of PodcastOne she says, "They might look at me in the press or whatever they're reading and be like, "Oh we just don't want to associate with this person because [...]" I'm crazy."  (The [...] was a brief interjection from the CEO).

Soooo... I think if LisaR and Eileen want to call her crazy and ice her out because of it, they get a pass.

• Love 4

Brandi gets to sit on all the husbands, drape her arms around them, flirt and say, you love me, kiss them on the lips, because, as the scorned woman, she would never sleep with a married man. You can take that to the bank. So, Brandi can do anything inappropriate and uncomfortable with you spouse because Brandi is am safe. Wouldn't you want a safe woman to be draped all over your husband ???

• Love 7

What is one supposed to do if they have veins showing near or on their boobs? Always cover up because one's thin skin is so offensive? Sorry, but someone's skin qualities don't offend me.

I'm sorry...I just don't see why everyone has to be perfect all over their entire body and if they're not put on a mumu.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 5

That episode where Kyle & Yo go to Spain is on right now.  

I just watched it, in entirely, for the first time.  These two things stood out for me.

1.) Kyle packing new, dark wash jeans - tags still on - to wear on a yacht pissed me right off. LOL. We had someone park their new, dark washed jeans-clad ass on a white seat cushion on our boat (sadly, not a yacht) and wrecked the cushion.  It was night time, the air was humid and we didn't notice the ass shaped stain til the next morning.  Dark jeans or high heels on a boat are just barbaric, people.

2.) Yolanda has a pool. And I assume she's jumped off a yacht before.  Didn't she know not to practically jump on Kyle's head?  I've caught that scene a couple times while channel surfing and it always makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Look how close they come to colliding in the underwater shot. Broken necks aren't funny. Even on vacation.

I realize I'm neurotic. Perhaps I could've had a career in soaps.

• Love 7

Has anyone seen the BI that a Real Housewife is sitting on a sex tape?  When I saw this, I immediately thought of Brandi, but maybe not as I'm not sure how that might affect custody of her kids.  If anyone wants to check the link, it's http://blindgossip.com/?p=68634#more-68634 .  Another site used the words 'accompanying tabloid drama', which made me think that was a subtle shout out that the HW who made it is on RHoBH.

Sorry I couldn't make that look fancier, I'm not up to par on previously's board tech yet!  Also, if this is on the wrong board, please let me know?  I wasn't quite sure where to put it.  Thanks!

Edited by haydensterling
  • Love 1

I just finally watched the episode (but I've been reading everyone's comments since day 1).

It really was cringe worthy.

First- lol at Il Fornaio lunch w Lisa. I actually like it, it's nice enough, but it's an Italian restaurant chain. Brandi was overdressed. Lisa too.

Everything has been said about Brandi, there's really not much to add except I do think that Nikki threw David a look, which prompted the "he's married" comment and her ring looked to be around 2ct from what I can tell. I'm sure it's beautiful. Brandi is a pig. I was thoroughly amused at Babyface's facial expression and reaction to Brandi. He was so turned off.

Speaking of turned off, King David DEFINITELY was none too pleased when she sat on his lap and Yolanda looked like a fool doing her "carefree" thing at the party.

• Love 6

Has anyone seen the BI that a Real Housewife is sitting on a sex tape?  When I saw this, I immediately thought of Brandi, but maybe not as I'm not sure how that might affect custody of her kids.  If anyone wants to check the link, it's http://blindgossip.com/?p=68634#more-68634 .  Another site used the words 'accompanying tabloid drama', which made me think that was a subtle shout out that the HW who made it is on RHoBH.

Sorry I couldn't make that look fancier, I'm not up to par on previously's board tech yet!  Also, if this is on the wrong board, please let me know?  I wasn't quite sure where to put it.  Thanks!

I don't think it is Brandi.  I would assume it is a single woman but my guesses would be Sonja Morgan, Claudia Jordan or if it is a married woman Adrianna from RHOM.  She is kind of all about how hot she is.

• Love 2

I don't think it is Brandi.  I would assume it is a single woman but my guesses would be Sonja Morgan, Claudia Jordan or if it is a married woman Adrianna from RHOM.  She is kind of all about how hot she is.

Don't discount Porsha from Atlanta!  Brandi is making money right now, so I'd be surprised if it were her right now.  Claudia Jordan has been yammering on about losing a laptop - that's always a sign that picts or a sex tape is about to be unloaded.

• Love 7

zoeysmom, yeah, you're probably right.  I mean, I think that releasing a sex tape would not look good to a judge in terms of custody, as I said, but this is the only RH franchise I watch!  

jinjer, I haven't any idea about the other HW's, and so I picked Brandi by default.  Which doesn't speak very highly to my opinion of her, I suppose.  I just see her as trying so hard to stay relevant that it felt like a logical next step.  That sounds so mean of me, but ach.  I think you're right that someone worried about a stolen laptop is probably a good sign that they may be the one who was looking to make money off of a sex tape.

Brandi, Brandi, Brandi.

eta what jinjer clarified.

Edited by haydensterling

What is one supposed to do if they have veins showing near or on their boobs? Always cover up because one's thin skin is so offensive? Sorry, but someone's skin qualities don't offend me.

Not offended by veiny breasts either.  Unless they belong to Brandi.  Because EVERYTHING about Brandi offends me.

The cast of Vanderpump Rules spent the night on your boat, and you didn't notice them?

LOL. Oy. The only ones I'd invite aboard from VPR would be Lisa's chef or sommelier. At least they'd bring a decent dish to pass and a good bottle of wine. 

• Love 5

My money is on Claudia or Porsha (who has been rumored to sell her "escort" services to wealthy international sugar daddies.

Does every dinner party at the Fosters end with a sing a long?

I'm surprised that there was no mention of Mindy Weiss, her friend the party planner. She is the event planner to the stars and has done some of the biggest weddings. It was interesting to see how Yo went from "I normally do everything myself" to hiring one of the top event planners (and not one of her assistants, as is often the case) in LA to do a small dinner party. You know, so she can relax. Wonder what happened to the butler from her first season.

• Love 4

My money is on Claudia or Porsha (who has been rumored to sell her "escort" services to wealthy international sugar daddies.

Does every dinner party at the Fosters end with a sing a long?

I'm surprised that there was no mention of Mindy Weiss, her friend the party planner. She is the event planner to the stars and has done some of the biggest weddings. It was interesting to see how Yo went from "I normally do everything myself" to hiring one of the top event planners (and not one of her assistants, as is often the case) in LA to do a small dinner party. You know, so she can relax. Wonder what happened to the butler from her first season.

Over on the Yolanda thread there is a link to Mindy.  I think people were upset they didn't mention Mindy full name.   Her work is gorgeous.  After seeing the details in Mindy's work I think Yolanda might want to back off on her party design.

Apparently, it is what all the guests live for the great sing along.  Yolanda seems to enjoy it.

• Love 1

I just don't see why everyone has to be perfect all over their entire body and if they're not put on a mumu.

For gosh sakes no one has to be perfect or otherwise walk around in a mumu. I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm tired of watching Brandi's boobs falling out of all her outfits. She can show cleavage without falling out of her dress, blouse or whatever.

• Love 9

Apparently, it is what all the guests live for the great sing along.  Yolanda seems to enjoy it.

I think a sing a long could be fun and memorable with David Foster at the helm IF it unfolded organically.  None of this "lets all pull a chair around into a big circle and look/feel uncomfortable until the time Yolanda dismisses everyone for the night."  It's just weird.

• Love 7