Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Wining And Dining

• Start Topic

Yes. I totally agree, and I find it repulsive that Eileen and Rinna find it so funny to openly make fun of her. Saying she's so "weird" and "crazy." I don't respect that behavior at all. But, if I've not made it clear enough across the board, I'm completely never okay with mocking or attacking people for reasons that they either have no or little control over and while drinking is literally voluntarily, there should be a suspicion of addiction and/or mental illness in this case...suspicion enough to show empathy or at least avoidance. I'm hoping Eileen and Rinna's reaction was at least in self-preservation..meaning they were embarrassed (with the wine being thrown and hearing Brandi's "compliments") and wanted to just laugh and make the focus on Brandi. And, yes, they weren't screaming or hitting Brandi, so it could have been worse.

But, I still don't like their comments on tv like that or to Brandi's face. It's not entertainment to see someone spiraling down so far. This and Scary Island and Taylor's suitcase episode and Taylor's husband's suicide....when is enough, enough? I don't have fun watching. I watch to keep up with these people whom I've watched since day one, and with that, mostly I feel sympathy and sadness. Fame and money. Dangerous. There will always be someone to laugh and find joy in another's misery. Looking at you, Eileen and Rinna. Get off the soaps, wake up, and join life.

Depression + watching these "shows" = misery

I agree that Brandi is ill and needs help although, what I suspect she is ill with is very hard to treat. However, I don't blame Lisa R and Eileen for their reaction. They aren't professionals and don't have a real understanding of her pathology. Her behavior is shocking to them and sometimes humor is the way people deal with discomfort.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 4

Well, just to add my 2 cents worth...  Really tired of Brandi antics.  Wine throwing, crass comments ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME, her whole "victim" business.. The list goes on and on.  Seriously.  Stop already.

Love Yo's Malibu mansion!  And we got to see that ginormous clearglassed refrigerator again.  LOVE THAT THING! I'm curious about that doofus hairdo of Yo's. Her short hair looks good.  Even with the platinum.  MY hairstyle is just about the same as hers and I couldn't put it in a ponytail IF I TRIED.  What's with that little ponytail she does all the frickin' time? She can't blow dry her hair? She throws a fancy dinner party and looks like she could care less.  And everyone tells her she looks beautiful???  She looks like crap!

• Love 3

I am alos sick of everyone feeling sorry for "poor Brandi". She is hardly the first woman to have been dumped by a man. Most of those women don't have the luxury of being dumped for a woman of means. Many of them struggle financially (I mean REALLY struggle, not Brandi's distored version of struggle) on top of the pain.

It's really irritating when Brandi and Yolanda spout the "poor single mother" tripe to describe themselves.  Um, no.  Poor single mothers are women with no financial support, no fathers in the picture, and who struggle to buy groceries and clothes for their kids.  They are not divorced wives of super-rich or relatavely rich men who pay child support and alimony, and in Yolanda's case, give her a settlement upon divorce that other rich people could envy.

Brandi could move to Calabasas and live like a queen if she were really struggling in LA, and Yo already lives like a queen, so they both need to STFU about their lives of destitution and despair as single mothers.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 12

However, I think all the Villa Rosa labels that flank the front gate, the front door and the entry rug are too much!

I think Lisa did that so if Ken goes out to walk the dogs, he will be able to find his way home and won't get lost. :)

• Love 19

You sure must be kidding or being sarcastic. Brandi has bragged about the footbal player, the boy toy from Australia? she has commented about her multiple scapades , I have even lost count, this woman will get under anything that moves. I read another blog that write about her podcast and the way Brand brags about her sexual scapades as an almost daily event is pathetic.

In the famous words of Phaedra, if it quaks like a duck and walks like a duck .......

And don't forget about the random moving guy a couple of episodes back who she was bragging about bedding and claimed he was hung like a horse...  

• Love 4

I don't like slut-shaming either, jinjer. But in order for it to be shaming, the one being talked about needs to feel shamed.  And the way Brandi talks and writes about her sex life, I don't think she is.  Nor do I think she should be, if that's the way she is happy to roll.

From Wiki: (I've bolded all the things I think apply to Brandi and of which Brandi appears to be proud.)

Slut or slattern is a term applied to an individual who is considered to have loose sexual morals or who is sexually promiscuous. The accepted denotative meaning is a sexually promiscuous woman [2] or "a woman of a low or loose character; a bold or impudent girl; a hussy, jade".[3] These definitions identify a slut as a person of low charactera person who lacks the ability or chooses not to exercise a power of discernment to order their affairs, similar to terms used for men, such as a cad, rake, or womanizer. The adjective "slutty" carries a similar connotation, but can be applied both to people and to clothing and accessories, such as Halloween costumes.[4]

The term is generally pejorative and most often used as an insult, sexual slur or offensive term of disparagement (slut shaming).[1][5] It can also be used to mean "dirty or slovenly".[5] The derogatory power of the term derives both from its denotative meaning of a promiscuous woman, but also from its historical and regional connotations or alternate meanings that identify a slut as a dirty or unkempt person.

The lack of a comparably popular term for men highlights the double standard in societal expectations between males and females.[6] However, in recent times, there have been attempts to "reclaim" the word, while some individuals embrace the title as a source of pride.[7][8]

ETA:  To keep this on topic I would use any number of examples that she provided on this episode or any other to qualify the bolding.  I mean, if she's rarely embarrassed or ashamed of her behavior how can she be shamed?

But she is bothered by her actions because people comment on them in a negative way. Jeff proved that last night on WWHL when he joked about just those things she has talked, blogged, pod cast and written about herself. She pretends to own the behavior but heaven forbid anyone else comment on it.

• Love 3
I thought about that too. Of course we knew the wine throw was coming. And Eileen had on the hat, then took it off and her hair was, as you say, uncommonly limp and dull. Then after the wine throw she put her hat back on.

Is it possible that she was having a bad (limp and dull) hair day and that's why she had the hat on in the first place? I don't recall at what point she took it off, but maybe she realized she shouldn't be wearing a hat at the table or something. I just don't think it was staged, not from Eileen's end. She had tears in her eyes and looked genuinely upset. I thought she was shocked and also trying to hold back her anger. 

When she was asked on WWHL if she was sorry for throwing the wine at Eileen she said, yeah she was sorry she wasted the wine.

Wow, what a bitch. Not that it would excuse her behavior, but it's not as if Eileen and Brandi were even in a fight! She was pestering the poor woman, and then decided to up the ante by throwing alcohol at her. Does she really think it's cute to act like a straight up bitch about it? You are in your 40s, not your teens! Damn. 

• Love 13

A lot of the newer washers are front loading and don't look much different from dryers, so one wouldn't automatically know.

I'm not sure if your comment was edited, but when I quoted it I thought I read statements from you about Lisa Rinna talking about how she'd have been over the table if Brandi had thrown wine at her.  I just wondered how she's living in a glass house if she said what she'd do in the situation.

I don't think Brandi is getting an "edit".  She is exhibiting horrible behavior and it's being shown.

I don't technically mean "edit" per say....I think she is probably the one being shown in the bad light this season...meaning they really are not holding back as per her behavior in the edit room.

Well, just to add my 2 cents worth...  Really tired of Brandi antics.  Wine throwing, crass comments ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME, her whole "victim" business.. The list goes on and on.  Seriously.  Stop already.

Love Yo's Malibu mansion!  And we got to see that ginormous clearglassed refrigerator again.  LOVE THAT THING! I'm curious about that doofus hairdo of Yo's. Her short hair looks good.  Even with the platinum.  MY hairstyle is just about the same as hers and I couldn't put it in a ponytail IF I TRIED.  What's with that little ponytail she does all the frickin' time? She can't blow dry her hair? She throws a fancy dinner party and looks like she could care less.  And everyone tells her she looks beautiful???  She looks like crap!

:) Yolanda's fridge thanked Lisar on tweeter:

YolandasFridge  

Hey @lisarinna. Thanks for chilling out with me. #RHOBH

• Love 10
And the thing is if you treat the situation that happened as Brandi is doing, and even take her version as gospel, then you are making the cheating/leaving aspect something he is continuing to do to you.  Which is pathetic.  And I suspect again something Brandi enjoys.  It is the only thing that makes her "relevant" and bolds her own name in said columns.  And gets her on this show, sells her books, puts her on Celebrity Apprentice etc.*  But she also is wallowing in this act of betrayal.  It should be "he cheated on me and left me" but the way she really straps herself to the cross makes it seem that it is some kind of ongoing act she cannot move on from.

I totally agree with you. Not only did Eddie cheat on her, but apparently JR did as well. I wouldn't be surprised if she announces some other BF cheated on her as well. She loves it because it makes her look like the sad little victim, and she thinks it will excuse her bad behavior. She thinks people will say - "Oh, but look at all she's been through. Is it any wonder she's that way?" Poor, poor Brandi. 

• Love 2

But she is bothered by her actions because people comment on them in a negative way. Jeff proved that last night on WWHL when he joked about just those things she has talked, blogged, pod cast and written about herself. She pretends to own the behavior but heaven forbid anyone else comment on it.

She also wildly speculated on WWHL that Tom from VPR is gay.

That comment came during the ridiculous penis game Andy had her and Jeff playing.

Luckily for Tom, the ensuing fuck-and-awe over her wine throwing and meltdown have apparently overshadowed that little nugget from the self-proclaimed "Truth Cannon."

So, Brandi can lob out her speculations about someone's sexuality (someone who wasn't even being discussed, someone she was not asked to speculate about, and someone who, to my knowledge, have never really publicly made a statement about his sexual orientation but is, by the show, presumably heterosexual), but if someone DARES to touch on something about HER self-professed STD, the gloves are off?

Oh, fuck you, Brandi Glanville.  Shove your "truth cannon" up your ass and have a stadium full of seats.  

I really wish somebody would shove her into Ken and Lisa's moat so that the swans could attack her.  What a ghastly woman she is.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 18

I don't care if Brandi has sex 100 times a day with 100 different guys. Promiscuity does not determine individual morality and neither does having or not having HPV. What gets me is that she is mean and repeats the same mistakes, then banks on apologizing later. While I disagree with Lisa that Brandi "went on a calculated campaign to destroy her", she did plant a lot of bitchy little seeds and treated Lisa badly over petty nonsense about Scheana that IMO could have been hashed out in 10 minutes. Now she and her attention ploys are making the Fosters look bad by association; Yolanda will be pissed and Brandi will "come back at her" per Adrienne, Joyce, Taylor, Lisa, and anyone else I may have forgotten (I don't count Kim and Kyle since they did start the shenanigans on Game Night).

She also acts like unfaithfulness is the only truly unforgivable sin. Maybe it's all BS for the show -- it probably is. But the way she still calls Scheana a homewrecking whore who knew she was pregnant and still carried on with Eddie...I dunno, it really pisses me off. I've got little love for Scheana but it's not hard to surmise that Eddie, who is a professional actor, told her he and Brandi had a paper marriage that he was going to dissolve immediately because they had both been unhappy for years, and that they agreed to hold off on the divorce until after they had the baby for publicity reasons. Or maybe Scheana was a fame whore and fucked him to get on TV. I don't know or care. She was 22, she messed up, she moved on and is married to someone who seems like a relatively stable guy who is no Eddie in looks or financial status, which suggests to me that she may have learned more than Brandi about sex and dating in L.A.

I will stop harping on this point, I promise, but Brandi's cruel streak and non-stop overly affected edgy banter have blown up tenfold since her first season. There's a manic, desperate edge to her that kind of freaks me out like 2008 Britney Spears. I see her being hospitalized for "exhaustion" in Malibu pretty soon.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 13

And don't forget about the random moving guy a couple of episodes back who she was bragging about bedding and claimed he was hung like a horse...  

*****smacking forehead******

I knew I forgot someone, too many to name , I wonder if all that bragging is true or if she really is that easy.  

I should feel bad for the guy, he was only 23 , but I am sure that he appreciates the bragging that Brandi made and I am sure it would boost his conofidence. On the other hand is a lot of pressure for other guys coming after because if you were a guy and had a one night stand, you surely would want to do  your best, imagine Brandi broadcasting for the nation,

Pseudo Friend: So Brandi, how it was last night?

Brandi: it sucked, they guy lasted 30 seconds and his tiny little dick was shorter than my middle finger.

He could never show his face again.

• Love 1

There were a few things I really liked about this episode:

1. I enjoyed Yolanda's comments about how her daughter's mistake broke a bit of her trust and how she felt vulnerable. Mind you, I don't like Yolanda at all but I thought it captured well how a parent feels about their children when they're out there in the world free to make any number of mistakes. I also appreciated her use of the word "shame" in regards to driving under the influence. It may have come out of the mouth of one of the more judgmental women but it's relatable and one of the few times I was interested in what she was saying.

2. I love Yolanda's fridge ... and Lisa in it!

3. Scripted or not scripted, I love the way Eileen's husband responded when Eileen was telling him about the wine throwing incident. Instead of amping up the drama like so many other husbands, he said that Brandi liked her and shrugged it off. For the same reason, I loved Eileen and Lisa's conversation about it at Yolanda's house where they didn't condone it but they also didn't get all shriek-y about it. 

4. Kim looks pretty good. She's hardly ever on but when I do see her I think she looks a lot healthier. I don't care who the person is, I'll never root against them when it comes to battling addiction.

The only thing I didn't like was Brandi. She's not even entertaining. She is just cringe-worthy. I don't hate her. I feel embarrassed for her and pity. If Andy is keen on her being in a series, fine, but she doesn't belong on this one. Her presence is discordant. 

• Love 9

On Celebrity Apprentice, Brandi threw a pie in someone's (Kenya? I wasn't really paying attention) face. I wonder if she liked the reaction she got and it morphed into throwing drinks in people's faces? Hopefully she realizes that she isn't getting a good reaction now and drops it as her go-to move.

2 small things I found funny: Lisa R barking like a seal at Eileen at the first dinner, and Yolanda and Kyle clutching their pearls over the thrown drink when Yo told Kyle about it. You know if Brandi had thrown it at Lisa V, they would have been cackling with glee like evil witches.

As awful as Brandi's behavior was at Yo's house, I doubt it was any different than usual. I wonder why everyone seems to suddenly be embarrassed by it. Is it because of Lisa R and Eileen? Or was it Babyface? I thought he actually handled The situation well.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 3
I also appreciated her use of the word "shame" in regards to driving under the influence. It may have come out of the mouth of one of the more judgmental women but it's relatable and one of the few times I was interested in what she was saying.

I would have appreciated it more if Bella actually seemed like she felt any shame.  Instead, we see her getting made up for a photo shoot and looking for apartments her daddy could buy for her in NY.  I didn't see or hear a word of shame from Bella.

• Love 6

I enjoyed Eileen and Lisa R on last night's show. I hope they don't change too drastically in the coming months (years?)

I still dislike Kyle intensely. She is clearly jealous of Lisa V and likes to see people question Lisa's loyalty/friendship, etc. I was glad Lisa made a comment to Kyle at Yolanda's dinner party. I don't remember what the comment was, but it was after Kyle said Lisa V was at fault, too. Lisa's continued friendship with Kyle proves Lisa isn't as strong and difficult as they say she is. Me? I wouldn't even look in Kyle's direction after all her two-faced behavior.

Yolanda is silly, isn't she? I'm beginning to dislike her more than Kyle (and Brandi). I love her house, though, and it is one of the reasons I tune in every week.

I thought Yolanda bringing up Pump again was petty. She would be a difficult friend to have.

I thought it was weird that David looked at Yolanda the second Brandi sat on his lap, instead of gently removing her by standing up. I've always had the impression he's a little attracted to her in that "she'd be easy" way.

The wine toss was very weird. I also thought Eileen had been crying and I'm disappointed the build up to it was edited out.

Someone upthread compared Brandi's wine toss to a child pulling the hair of a child he/she likes. I see it that way, too. I had a friend who did things like that when she felt threatened - the more uncomfortable her "target" would get, the more she'd act out because she didn't know how to end the situation. I'm not saying what Brandi did was okay, it was despicable, but I think she had complex feelings about Eileen (jealousy, admiration, excitement), but wasn't getting any real attention from Eileen and wanted a way to get a rise out of her.

Brandi's behavior toward Kenny and Nikki was uncalled for and I hated that they all indulged her with laughter and singing. Why doesn't anyone just turn a back to her and pretend she isn't there?

Speaking of Kenny Edmonds, I was surprised the women didn't seem to know who he is. Surely they're all old enough to know him? Or are they that far removed from Black culture? I guess I answered my own question...

Lisa Rinna's "If that's not white rash, I don't know what is" was brilliant. Not just the words, but the way she said it. I watched the linked clip and I'm pretty sure they edited out Lisa's conversation about also being one step from white trash because the line wouldn't have been as funny (or insulting).

Wasn't there a promo for the season with

Lisa R screaming at someone to stay away from her husband? I assumed it was Lisa R screaming at Brandi, but it could also been Eileen. If I'm right about the promo, I'm kind of looking forward to the women really seeing what Brandi is capable of.

Edited by slade3
  • Love 1
As awful as Brandi's behavior was at Yo's house, I doubt it was any different than usual. I wonder why everyone seems to suddenly be embarrassed by it. Is it because of Lisa R and Eileen?

Lisa and Eileen are new to her behavior (if they are to be believed that they didn't watch any past episodes).  But I think it's more because of Babyface and his wife, who are not part of this show and who were both insulted and probably grossed out by Brandi.  I'm sure David was cringing inside, and Yolanda should have been since they were all their guests.

• Love 4

Did whoever named the show think he/she was spelling Wining and Dining?  Because Winning and Dining is not the same thing, and doesn't even rhyme.  I have no problem letting poor spelling/grammar slide in the general population, but I hold the media to a higher standard.  They are being paid to get it right, dammit!

ETA:  Please don't think I was referring to our lovely moderator!  It's spelled that way on Bravo's website.

Edited by Wouldofshouldof
  • Love 1

Everything about Yo and David's dinner parties looks beautiful and very uncomfortable. I always feel like there's a timer somewhere that marks the time you are allowed to have appetizers, then dinner, then polite conversation about preapproved topics such as lemons and how famous David is, followed by sitting silently as David plays piano, then coats and out the door. I always imagine a timer rings and everybody rushes to the next station.

• Love 23

Anyone catch Bambi slyly sneaking the mangled tennis ball off the kitchen island?  I love that dog!

I thought Eileen was crying after the wine toss, but wine in the eyes could have caused the same effect.

Prior to David's embarrassing Brandi, I thought she was having a fairly normal conversation with Babyface.

Brandi is mixing alcohol and pills.  No way was the slurring at lunch caused by two glasses of wine.

• Love 3

Everything about Yo and David's dinner parties looks beautiful and very uncomfortable. I always feel like there's a timer somewhere that marks the time you are allowed to have appetizers, then dinner, then polite conversation about preapproved topics such as lemons and how famous David is, followed by sitting silently as David plays piano, then coats and out the door. I always imagine a timer rings and everybody rushes to the next station.

YES! Me too! Sort of like those neighborhood dinners where you move from house to house. "Oops, time's up, put down your drinks and head to the table!"

• Love 2

I love the moat, too.  However, I think all the Villa Rosa labels that flank the front gate, the front door and the entry rug are too much!

The front of Lisa's home looks like a commercial building due to all the glass and signage. 

I really love Kyle's dog. First so nice to see dogs not dressed up like Lord Fauntleroy. Secondly, nice to see the larger breeds get featured and some love. 

I still can't get over my ick factor from seeing people sitting not only on kitchen counters but also having their bare ass naked nasty feet resting in the sink. WTF?!?! That is just nasty to me! 

• Love 7

I was reprimanded for just describing another reality figure as being slutty (not a slut). Just sayin'. (Personally, I'm cool with the slutty if the parties involved are down with it.)

Bella at the editorial shoot - stunning.

YolandasFridge 
Hey @lisarinna. Thanks for chilling out with me. #RHOBH

Hah, that's great. As was the scene.

LOL! Whether the guests are ready to leave or not, I imagine at the end of the evening that a directive is given to release the hounds a la Montgomery Burns of The Simpsons.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 7

I think Brandi is auditioning for her own show. The Bravo Brandi unfiltered show. She doesn't belong with there other women. And frankly, I first started watching these shows more as a voyeur and a spyglass into their lives. The fights are not fun viewing for me. I like Kyle and her family and dogs. I like Yolanda and her anxiety over her daughters DUI. I like Lisa's running a business in a grand life style. 

Brandi does not entertain me. It is all for show.

I think that the reason you always see the girls talking about an "incident" is because they are told, by production, to preface their conversation. To voice a recap. Doesn't bother me.

• Love 5

Rewatching the wine throwing scene, I notice it's afternoon/daylight when they sit down. It's dark by the time they finish, and Brandi's probably had a lot to drink by then. I didn't see it being staged at all. Eileen took her hat off and fluffed her hair because (to me) she's been sitting there for hours and was probably getting hot under the lights of the cameras. As Eileen said, Brandi just didn't "get it" that she's not going to re-enact a scene at the dinner table.

And what was with Brandi applying makeup at the table? And after it's over and Brandi just sits there and says nothing. Nothing. Oh, she is SO the Cheater Police. She needs to let it go and "move on" as they are all so famous for saying. I wish they'd stop with that phrase because no one ever does it.

• Love 10

The more we talk about Brandi and fill pages here at previouslytv and other reality web sites, the more she will be on the show unfortunately. :(   Oh, how I wish it was opposite day and it worked in the other direction!

Eileen was waaayyy to nice in "forgiving" her. But i guess if she didn't it would drag on and on like the Lisa/Brandi saga. Sigh....

And Yolanda is just too awkward for words.  She hasn't spoken in two years?! Really?!

She now coddles her other daughter after the DUI. And she continues to fawn over David.

What saved it for me: 

* Yolanda's house porn. What beauty!

*Babyface singing.  His music is the backdrop of soo many memories!

• Love 3
And what was with Brandi applying makeup at the table? And after it's over and Brandi just sits there and says nothing. Nothing.

Yea, I was annoyed by the fact that she didn't apologize immediately, but waited until the next day. I mean, this would never happen, but if *I* were the one to throw a drink in someone's face, I would realize right away that I fucked up and start begging forgiveness. 

• Love 5

Wow. For people like Yo and David who know all the heavy hitters in the music biz, why the hell would David agree to let Brandi in his house to insult Babyface like that?  They sat there and did nothing. As soon as she started her shit at the dinner table, they should have pulled her aside and told her to STFU or go home. Does Brandi have some real juicy dirt on them or what ?   Yo's scolding Brandi like she's a 2 yr. old and telling her to behave is vomit worthy. I guess it's ok for Yo to treat Brandi like a child but when Lisa did it, not acceptable. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13

From the recap:

"While Bella models for Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine, Yolanda explains how she banned her daughter from her phone and social media for three weeks because of her DUI. Is it sad that my first thought upon hearing that was, "Wow, that's harsh"?"

And see for me, I saw her shopping for a 2BR apartment in NYC for Bella and I thought "Oh, I guess that's her punishment? She doesn't get a 3BR?"

• Love 5

Anyone catch Bambi slyly sneaking the mangled tennis ball off the kitchen island?  I love that dog!

I thought Eileen was crying after the wine toss, but wine in the eyes could have caused the same effect.

Prior to David's embarrassing Brandi, I thought she was having a fairly normal conversation with Babyface.

Brandi is mixing alcohol and pills.  No way was the slurring at lunch caused by two glasses of wine.

Yes to the bold!  That was probably the best part of the episode.  The dog must do it a lot, because they just continued their conversation as if nothing happened. Too cute!

Eileen does say in her blog that at first she was shocked and tried to brush it off, but she did start crying out of humiliation.  I think there was probably some anger, too.  I know I've cried when I get really angry, because the emotions can sometimes be hard to keep in.  It's either cry or go ballistic.   

• Love 8

The speculation whether Brandi's behavior guarantees her a spot on the show or not is interesting. It's obvious from some of Bravo's other programming that they have no problem exploiting ugly behavior for ratings, but I do think they should be mindful of each of the shows' DNA (IMO). OC: Over the hill trophy wives living beyond their means; NY -- sophisticated rich women, usually with accomplishments. ATL (and I admit I haven't watched this one but from recaps and media coverage) poseurs and hot messes from the jump; BH: wealthy to super-rich, luxury and house porn with added cachet of "celebrities."

Sure they've all had their share of "feuds" and catfights, but IMO Brandi is dragging down the "stature" of this show at this point. Maybe she wants her own show; this is my first exposure to her since I bailed on BH after season 1 and came back for Rinna and Davidson.  At this point she doesn't really bring anything new to the party, so it's time to re-focus the show. Too soon to tell how Rinna and Davidson are going to fare, but man I'd rather watch them than watch Brandi immolate herself. Second hand embarassment is not entertaining to me. And at least the actresses do a better job of making production-dictated conversations seem natural.

• Love 4

I boycotted season 4 because I had no interest in The Brandi Show. I happily returned for season 5 because I wanted to see Eileen Davidson, and because it was obvious Ms. Glanville would be getting a less-than-stellar edit this time. She no longer has the Vanderpump muscle behind her and it really shows.

This. Lisa V. is really the big fish on the show, and Brandi really burned a far too important bridge when their friendship went sour. Brandi has no storyline w/o her friendship with Lisa, and if she continues to get drunk all the time and alienate everyone, that's the only sliver of hope I can see where she might be shown the door. I don't think so, though. Andy and TPTB seem to like that she brings the drama.

• Love 6

Well, looks like Bella is on the mend with Yolanda because hey, she modeled something!  The way to Yo's heart.  I did think Bella looked incredible.  Did she do something different? Nose job?

Brandi is just an idiot.  She's foul mouthed, not funny, trashy, slutty, etc.  

I love Lisa Rinna. 

• Love 4

Sure they've all had their share of "feuds" and catfights, but IMO Brandi is dragging down the "stature" of this show at this point. Maybe she wants her own show; this is my first exposure to her since I bailed on BH after season 1 and came back for Rinna and Davidson.  At this point she doesn't really bring anything new to the party, so it's time to re-focus the show. Too soon to tell how Rinna and Davidson are going to fare, but man I'd rather watch them than watch Brandi immolate herself. Second hand embarassment is not entertaining to me. And at least the actresses do a better job of making production-dictated conversations seem natural.

I agree. Brandi was really popular in her first and second season, and then she just imploded. It feels like the producers still see her as the buzzed-about new castmate and NYT bestselling author, and ignore her downfall. But to me, she's turning into Taylor 2.0 - unstable, drinking a lot, not fitting in... And of course Taylor was let go. So maybe.....

• Love 5
Eileen does say in her blog that at first she was shocked and tried to brush it off, but she did start crying out of humiliation.  I think there was probably some anger, too.  I know I've cried when I get really angry, because the emotions can sometimes be hard to keep in.  It's either cry or go ballistic.

Same here. If I'm super angry, but trying to hold it in, I'll start to cry.It's kind of embarrassing, and then feeling like that makes me cry even more. I felt really badly for Eileen in that scene. She did a great job keeping herself composed. 

• Love 11

Not really she brought the professional athlete to the finale last year-she was dating him.  She has talked and written a book about all the guys she has dated since her divorce and she has supposedly been dating JR for four years and been a free agent for five.  She wrote in her book she dated a guy that did some real damage to her rejuved vag and that is while she was on the show. She wrote about banging an NBA guy on the hood of his car. Is it really slut shaming when someone calls themselves a slut, writes about her unbridled sexuality and makes money off it?

Yes it is.  There is nothing wrong with a single woman dating.  

• Love 5

Yes it is.  There is nothing wrong with a single woman dating.  

Of course not.  But when someone talks about sex constantly to the point where she asks the host of a dinner party why he's holding his fingers in a way that resembles "fingerbanging" I have absolutely no problem with anyone "slut shaming" her.  

From the recap:

"While Bella models for Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine, Yolanda explains how she banned her daughter from her phone and social media for three weeks because of her DUI. Is it sad that my first thought upon hearing that was, "Wow, that's harsh"?"

And see for me, I saw her shopping for a 2BR apartment in NYC for Bella and I thought "Oh, I guess that's her punishment? She doesn't get a 3BR?"

I kind of expected Yolanda to say, "Well, Beverly HIlls Lifestyle Magazine isn't exactly Guess or Victoria's Secret, but Bella's got her own style than Gigi..."

• Love 7

First of all, I'm over the scorned wife shit. I get it - being cheated on sucks. Being betrayed and left for another woman must be unspeakably awful. But she acts like she is the first, or only, person to be cheated on. Sadly, it's a phenomena that happens daily, so quit dragging the damn storyline out and acting like you're some spokeswoman for the jilted, and have the right to cast judgment on everyone else's relationships. 

I love this! Being cheated on DOES suck. This, and being female, are the only two things I will ever share with Brandi. And I sure as hell don't want her as my spokesperson.

• Love 4

A side note regarding Bella: she's been modeling on the runways in Paris. Gigi hasn't, that I know of.

Ah, that's right.  I remember hearing that.  She looked stunning in this episode although the previous one I didn't think she was that pretty.

• Love 1

Gigi has walked for Chanel and a few other major fashion houses, Bella has not.

That's weird, guess I mis-remembered Yolanda posting back at Thanksgiving that Bella was modeling in Paris while Gigi and Anwar were the only kids home for the holiday.

• Love 1