Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Wining And Dining

• Start Topic

It seems Brandi is obsessed or annoyed with anything that anyone has, that she doesn't have herself. It comes off as a "How dare they have that!" attitude.

Brandi can't grow hair because she once mentioned how she loves having it pulled during sex. I guess by the lack of hair that she has, Brandi is having a lot of sex. And, a lot of guys are running around with sores in their pubic area and their mouths.

Looking at Joyce's husband's Instagram and other social media pages, it appears Joyce and Lisa are very close and are having a wonderful time in each other's company. I bet this kills Brandi. She probably thought she was going to get rid of this "bitch" (her words, not mine) before Lisa gets close to her. Brandi's game backfired and instead, she is on the outs whereas Joyce and Lisa are BFFs. 

I have never cared for Brandi. I saw her for what she was after watching her during the first season.

I am not clear as to why Lisa is okay with being friends or at least being cordial to YoFo after what YoFo accused Ken of.  Lisa made it clear that her friendship with Brandi is not what it was before. Rightfully so, as Brandi crossed the line with her behavior. My issue is, if Brandi had the kind of status or money that Yolanda has - who only has money and status because of who she is married to - would Lisa treat her differently? YoFo definitely crossed the line and she never fully apologized for her actions yet, Lisa is throwing air kisses to YoFo while Brandi gets pushed away by her and Ken as she tries to get close to them. I am glad Brandi is withering in the corner, crying her eyes out at home, and drinking herself to oblivion because of her lost friendship with Lisa and Ken. Who the hell cares? I sure don't.  She created that on her own, but it really seems to show that Lisa treats those with money as a lot more tolerable than those who are not in the same income bracket as her and YoFo.

Ken at least goes to Brandi's house-he won't set foot on the Foster estate.  Lisa has done a pretty good job going after Yolanda in her blogs.  They just won't ever be friends.  According to Lisa she loves Yolanda's children so she makes an effort.

The tweets happened after they stopped filming for the season, by which time they were done. Or at least Lisa said they were done when filming wrapped.  It sounded like she meant it, so I believe that Brandi is trying to taunt her with these tweets. 

Kyle will be next (she is already going after her) and I don't think it will be pretty. 

I don't think Brandi has ever stopped going after Kyle.  Last year she tried to say Kyle was the source of the bankruptcy rumor about Lisa and Ken-something Kyle vehemently denied.

Here is where I see the problem-Kim's first season she called all the other women including her sister phonies.  Brandi has always thought she was the phony buster and now she and Kim can set their sights on those they consider phony.  Why Yolanda gets a pass I don't know but the two of them rubbing their room temperature IQs together will be dangerous.   

However, I don't think we will see any of the downward spiral for a couple of weeks.  Kyle and Yolanda need to get their kids off to college before the spite Olympics begin.  I think Kyle and Brandi also travel to Calgary for an event.  Maybe it doesn't make the cut.

• Love 5

Jennifer (the recovering addict) is in Tuesday's episode with Kim and Brandi watching LuAnn and Eddie's reality show. 

I may have the wrong Jennifer because I thought Jennifer's last name was Gimenez.

I think you may be right, I could not remember her last name and took a guess! LOL

• Love 2

I'm not saying that would happen if the cast banded together against Brandi coming back. or refusing to film with her.  However, I could see why the housewives wouldn't do that, due to what happened on DC.

The BH HWs need to stop reacting to Brandi, not reacting to her takes away any power she has on the show. When Brandi acts out all they need to do is roll their eyes and shake their heads then turn and walk away, that leaves Brandi out in the cold without pissing off TPTB. LOL

I meant more like people expressing dislike for Andy himself for not weighing in and agreeing that Brandi is awful, toxic and needs to go. I'm sure you're right though and that even pestering on social media won't be enough. Brandi has to shoot herself in both feet first via production somehow. She's assaulted co-workers, she's broken the fourth wall, she's been involved with a fake lawsuit with a co-worker, she's revealed salaries, she's frequently drunk while she's at "work", she gets a ton of negative commentary on social media, she's said and done wildly inappropriate things on and off camera, tampon string, etc. Considering the above list, I feel like it's going to take something impossibly serious to convince them to fire Brandi at this point.   

The less her name, Brandi, is mentioned on sites like this and FB, the more likely Andy is to fire her. The more we talk about her, the more we Google her the more likely she is to stay on the show, the same for any HW.

Kim "I think will do anything to maintain and secure Brandi's support"  wrote an incredibly simple blog and failed to have any condemnation of Brandi's behavior at the dinner party.  Apparently Brandi is just Brandi and that is how she rolls.

Kim loves that Brandi is now seen as the drunk/pill popper, not her.

I am not clear as to why Lisa is okay with being friends or at least being cordial to YoFo after what YoFo accused Ken of.  Lisa made it clear that her friendship with Brandi is not what it was before. Rightfully so, as Brandi crossed the line with her behavior. My issue is, if Brandi had the kind of status or money that Yolanda has - who only has money and status because of who she is married to - would Lisa treat her differently? YoFo definitely crossed the line and she never fully apologized for her actions yet, Lisa is throwing air kisses to YoFo while Brandi gets pushed away by her and Ken as she tries to get close to them. I am glad Brandi is withering in the corner, crying her eyes out at home, and drinking herself to oblivion because of her lost friendship with Lisa and Ken. Who the hell cares? I sure don't.  She created that on her own, but it really seems to show that Lisa treats those with money as a lot more tolerable than those who are not in the same income bracket as her and YoFo.

I think Lisa is cordial with Yolanda because she knows it ticks Brandi off and drives Yolanda nuts as well. LOL

• Love 4

Yolanda is selling her house and they will be buying another one… Mauricio is a realtor. 

Mystery solved.

Although he does not have the listing for her/their Malibu house he may get to sell them a new BH house! LOL

What I don't get is why some of these women seem to forget that HAIR GROWS.  You can have a full head of hair, long hair, with a little patience.

Not me! Even if you have a good head of hair as a young woman, doesn't guarantee a full head in your 40s and beyond.  When my hair reaches a certain length, it seems to stop growing.  Looks straggly, it's awful. I think this is Brandi's problem.  In addition, she's probably got a crappy diet and stress. My problem is genetics.  Yay.

Here's a pic of Brandi without extensions.

http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/FFN_BoardwalkEmpire_AFP_090713_51200686.jpg These next two you can totally tell where her natural hair ends and the ext. begin.

http://i2.wp.com/radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/brandi1.jpg?fit=551%2C9999

http://cdn3-www.realitytea.com/assets/uploads/2013/11/brandi-glanville1.jpg

• Love 3

Yolanda is selling her house and they will be buying another one… Mauricio is a realtor.

Mystery solved.

Yea, part of the myth that Lisa created. Anyone still believe that Lisa saying this at the S3 reunion didn't harm K & M's reputation for the long haul, even though she later said it wasn't true? It lasts until this day and will always be part of the narrative. For this I dislike Lisa the most. She was horrible to say something that she knew not to be true.

For the record, Yo put her house on the market LAST YEAR. She was very clear at that time that she would not be using Mauricio at all. She said she wanted to use a Malibu Realtor, who was more knowledgeable about that market.

Imagine that. K&M being nice to Yo, inviting her on their big boat, and yet she didnt even give them her listing. They must be slipping.

Just as a side note, Yo has always been nice to Mo. This was discussed at length on TWoP because it was completely different from the way she treated Kyle. She was on Mauricio's side during that Moroccan dinner in S3, and she took to her blog after Lisa made the accusation against Mauricio to say that she adored him and always had. She said that he seemed to be nothing but a hard worker who deserved all of the great success that was coming his way. This is at the same time she was slamming away at Kyle in the same blog. She has always liked him and been nice to him. The change is with regard to the way Yo is acting towards Kyle.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13

Yea, part of the myth that Lisa created. Anyone still believe that Lisa saying this at the S3 reunion didn't harm K & M's reputation for the long haul, even though she later said it wasn't true? It lasts until this day and will always be part of the narrative. For this I dislike Lisa the most. She was horrible to say something that she knew not to be true.

For the record, Yo put her house on the market LAST YEAR. She was very clear at that time that she would not be using Mauricio at all. She said she wanted to use a Malibu Realtor, who was more knowledgeable about that market.

Imagine that. K&M being nice to Yo, inviting her on their big boat, and yet she didnt even give them her listing. They must be slipping.

Just as a side note, Yo has always been nice to Mo. This was discussed at length on TWoP because it was completely different from the way she treated Kyle. She was on Mauricio's side during that Moroccan dinner in S3, and she took to her blog after Lisa made the accusation against Mauricio to say that she adored him and always had. She said that he seemed to be nothing but a hard worker who deserved all of the great success that was coming his way. This is at the same time she was slamming away at Kyle in the same blog. She has always liked him and been nice to him. The change is with regard to the way Yo is acting towards Kyle.

Lisa did not start that "myth" about Mauricio being friends with someone in hopes of getting a listing/sale, that was started season 1 by viewers on Bravo's MB, bloggers and other MB sites after the Camille/Kyle fight. Obviously, it has not done any damage to his reputation as he is a top RE Broker not just in BH, but also in California, the entire country and is now branching out into Mexico.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 9

Not me! Even if you have a good head of hair as a young woman, doesn't guarantee a full head in your 40s and beyond. When my hair reaches a certain length, it seems to stop growing. Looks straggly, it's awful. I think this is Brandi's problem. In addition, she's probably got a crappy diet and stress. My problem is genetics. Yay.

Yep; my hair stop grows about 2 inches below my shoulders ; I tried for years -even in my teens- to get it longer than that and it just doesn't. Plus it's thin so anything longer than a classic bob makes it look straggly.

• Love 2

I have always been blessed with very thick hair. And I've always worn it long or medium length (just past shoulders). But...now that I'm well into my 40's and am trying to grow it longer again (has been medium for a really long time) I see that it still looks nice but is much stragglier (?) on the ends than it ever used to be. The ends look dry and straggly and I spray some of that oil spray on to make it look shinier/healthy. What a bummer. It's also getting a lot thinner up by my scalp. So sad. So I really envy Kyle's healthy mane of hair and think it looks beautiful on her. She does not need to cut and layer it any time soon.

Kim's hair really bothers me. She would look so much prettier in a honey blonde/dark blonde shade. The color she has is so harsh and totally washes her out and ages her a lot. Plus the length and style doesn't work on her. It does for Kyle but not Kim. On Kim's it TOO long and I think makes her look older. She should cut six inches off, wear it medium length-and darken it a lot.

Lisa Rinna's hair is gorgeous. I wish I could wear that style but it wouldn't work on my face shape.

• Love 4

Lisa did not start that "myth" about Mauricio being friends with someone in hopes of getting a listing/sale, that was started season 1 by viewers on Bravo's MB, bloggers and other MB sites after the Camille/Kyle fight. Obviously, it has not done any damage to his reputation as he is a top RE Broker not just in BH, but also in California, the entire country and is now branching out into Mexico.

Lisa is the one to give it legs.  When people refer to Mauricio as a "user", they are doing so based on things that Lisa said, IMO.  I read all the Bravo blogs and I never heard anyone say it with any conviction until after Lisa did.  Suddenly folks were going back and re-looking at S1 and saying they should have seen it all along. I am not saying that no one was making the accusation, but it didn't become mainstream until Lisa. 

Certainly it might not have hurt his business, which I am sure is a relief.  It doesn't have to hurt your business to hurt your reputation when you are on a reality show. How the public views you is a huge deal, which Lisa knows better than anyone else.  I have never seen any HW more carefully cultivate and manage her TV persona than Lisa does (and she is smart to do it). 

Lisa is still pissed at Brandi over the bankruptcy statements (although strangely enough she hasn't mentioned the magazine scandal or being pissed about that. Probably the less said the better there) which in no way harmed Lisa's reputation. No one could ever make the claim that they hurt Lisa's business in any manner, although Lisa tried to portray it as though it might (silly beyond words),  nor do I think it made any of her fans look at her differently. Even still, Lisa doesn't like it. The comments that Lisa made about Kyle did hurt her standing among the public in a huge way and continues to do so still. 

• Love 9

Lisa is the one to give it legs.  When people refer to Mauricio as a "user", they are doing so based on things that Lisa said, IMO.  I read all the Bravo blogs and I never heard anyone say it with any conviction until after Lisa did.  Suddenly folks were going back and re-looking at S1 and saying they should have seen it all along. I am not saying that no one was making the accusation, but it didn't become mainstream until Lisa. 

Certainly it might not have hurt his business, which I am sure is a relief.  It doesn't have to hurt your business to hurt your reputation when you are on a reality show. How the public views you is a huge deal, which Lisa knows better than anyone else.  I have never seen any HW more carefully cultivate and manage her TV persona than Lisa does (and she is smart to do it). 

Lisa is still pissed at Brandi over the bankruptcy statements (although strangely enough she hasn't mentioned the magazine scandal or being pissed about that. Probably the less said the better there) which in no way harmed Lisa's reputation. No one could ever make the claim that they hurt Lisa's business in any manner, although Lisa tried to portray it as though it might (silly beyond words),  nor do I think it made any of her fans look at her differently. Even still, Lisa doesn't like it. The comments that Lisa made about Kyle did hurt her standing among the public in a huge way and continues to do so still. 

Lisa comments to and about Kyle hurt her no more than Kyle's comments to and about Lisa.  LOL It is the nature of the show.

• Love 1

Lisa is the one to give it legs.  

This.  While I believe it was Camille that first put the idea out there, it wasn't until Lisa, the fan favorite started talking about it that it grew real legs.

LOL.  You just nailed why I was agreeing with both sides of the discussion.

I think this is what happened in the Brandi/Adrienne dust up.  At the time, Brandi was a fan favorite and many people could only see the rich meanie Adrienne suing the poor single mom.  Now that everyone knows to what levels Brandi will sink to hurt people, I wonder if things would have worked out differently for Adrienne if A.) Brandi wasn't a close friend of Lisa, another fan favorite and B.) if Adrienne had handled Brandi like Eileen handled Brandi.

• Love 5

This.  While I believe it was Camille that first put the idea out there, it wasn't until Lisa, the fan favorite started talking about it that it grew real legs.

LOL.  You just nailed why I was agreeing with both sides of the discussion.

I think this is what happened in the Brandi/Adrienne dust up.  At the time, Brandi was a fan favorite and many people could only see the rich meanie Adrienne suing the poor single mom.  Now that everyone knows to what levels Brandi will sink to hurt people, I wonder if things would have worked out differently for Adrienne if A.) Brandi wasn't a close friend of Lisa, another fan favorite and B.) if Adrienne had handled Brandi like Eileen handled Brandi.

Yes, as I remember it, folks didn't much believe the things that Camille inferred, or outright said about K&M. Andy called her the most hated HW, and I believe this was almost entirely based upon how she was treating them (although there were other elements in her personality that were easy to not like). Hence the hiring of the hotshot PR folks and a complete personality change in S2. She could say whatever she wanted, but no one believed her. Lisa, on the other hand is going to be believed because she is the popular girl. That she can say it and wait an entire year to disavow it is the real shame. 

Your question about the Adrienne/Brandi deal will always be one of the great mysteries.  While we cannot know for sure, I feel certain that if Lisa hadn't been banging the drums in Brandi's favor, things would have been different.  Maybe it's just what I want to believe, but I cannot imagine that an audience made up primarily of woman would have been OK with what Brandi had done to Adrienne, had Lisa not been backing her up so forcefully. One of Lisa's favorite lines during that whole thing was about a rich, powerful woman using that power to ruin someone who had far fewer resources.  It was a power narrative because Lisa herself was a rich, powerful woman. She was in a unique position to give her opinion on such things, and as such, she was believed. In many ways I think that Lisa did as much to make Adrienne look bad as Brandi herself did. 

• Love 7

For me, it was Mauricio himself who planted that belief that he's willing to suck up to anyone and everyone for the sake of his business.  It was his discussion with Kyle when she told him about her fight with Camille (did she tell him she called Camille a "fucking liar"?).  But even more so, it was the way he sucked up to Camille during the 20's party that told me everything I needed to know about what Mauricio would do for his business.

• Love 5

To me there is nothing that Adrienne could have done to turn the situation around that happened during season three, yeah maybe she made it worse by how she handled it but she was already on the road to ruin because she pissed off the wrong person (Lisa) and Lisa had a powerful Leviathan (Brandi) at her disposal.  I am not saying that Lisa was behind most or all of Brandi's atrocious acts against Adrienne, I waffle on that point, but I think that Brandi did what she did to please her new benefactress, maintain relevance and also because she's an all-around vile person.

I think that with both Adrienne and Brandi's downfalls, it was not just a single act -  Adrienne using legal intimidation to respond to Brandi revealing personal information about her / her family, or Brandi throwing wine in Eileen's face, rather it's a matter of the ground being softened.  The ground was softened in Adrienne case due to what happened during season two and its reunion and the media reporting that Adrienne accused Paul of being abusive in her divorce papers.  The ground was softened in Brandi's case due to Brandi "losing her audience" by falling out with Lisa and numerous other antics on and off the show that demonstrated that she creates her own problems and relationship failures and is not the perpetual victim that she tries to portray herself as.

I am willing to bet that if Eileen was a cast member during season three, Brandi would have totally gotten away with targeting Eileen.  It would have been totally turned around on Eileen that she should accept that there are crazy soap fans out there, she signed up to be on a reality show and getting wine thrown in is not unprecedented and she should have known that discussing getting together with her current husband while they were both married to other people is something that should not be done in Brandi's presence even though Brandi brought it up - regardless, the onus was on Eileen to shut the topic down.  I am pretty sure that Brandi would do her part by  tweeting, blogging and doing interviews suggesting that Eileen is a horrible person who did awful things to her but will then be sketchy on the specifics of the horrible things that Eileen did to her.  Then one of Brandi's enterprising fans would find some way to tie it in to Eddie and / or LeAnn, something along the lines of a few days before the wine toss LeAnn tweeted a happy family picture of "Brandi's sons" which is apparently not just inappropriate but LeAnn's one and only motive was to taunt Brandi and Brandi can't be blamed for losing it every now and again because she has to deal with the odious LeAnn and Eddie who apparently still wants Brandi despite the fact that he screwed around on her and then divorced her.

Anyhoo, had Eileen been part of the season three cast, she would have probably been run off the show after one season.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 3

I guess I'm missing something here because I don't remember Camille saying that Mauricio was friends only to get business or was a user.  She was mad at Kyle and sent her a text stating she and Kelsey would no longer do business with Mauricio because of Kyle.  At the time, I thought it was all pettiness on Camille's part and the viewers saw through it.

What Lisa said was a direct hit on Mauricio's character and was proven to be untrue.

I don't think one can compare Eileen's incident with Brandi with Adrienne's.  Reacting to getting wine thrown in your face is far different than someone revealing personal information about your children and then falsely accusing someone of suing you.

• Love 9

For me, it was Mauricio himself who planted that belief that he's willing to suck up to anyone and everyone for the sake of his business.  It was his discussion with Kyle when she told him about her fight with Camille (did she tell him she called Camille a "fucking liar"?).  But even more so, it was the way he sucked up to Camille during the 20's party that told me everything I needed to know about what Mauricio would do for his business.

What did he do/say that confirmed "what Mauricio would do for his business"?  Did he throw Kyle under the bus? Talk poorly about her? Tell Camille his wife was nuts and to please ignore her?  Did he offer to eat Camille's lady parts? What did he do that was so shocking as to reveal poor character? He asked nothing of Kyle, he said when he learned the news that he would just have to try and find a way to repair the relationship. Himself. Isn't that what any person would do if their boss was pissed off (in this situation Camille was absolutely his boss.  He said once that she was one of his biggest clients). I am in sales and I can assure you, when posed with losing huge business, you work to find a way to save that business. Sucking up to clients is pretty much par for the course.  Is it shocking to learn that this does indeed go on all the time (although I don't think he did it)? Does that make someone a horrible person? A user? Someone who is just nice to people in general because it might turn into $$ signs? I just cannot fathom what folks saw wrong in the way that Mauricio handled it all. I also don't remember many folks having a hard time with it until after Lisa said what she did. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13

As a viewer, I remember thinking that Mauricio's reaction to the Kyle vs. Camille thing was odd and I thought he did seem tweaked that they were losing business over it. I didn't feel like Mauricio was acknowledging that it was understandable for Kyle to have been so frustrated with Camille when Camille was indeed truly awful that first season. I felt he seemed almost frustrated or disappointed with Kyle and seemed more concerned about losing the business than about the way Kyle was being treated by this woman on camera for this new show they were all doing. It's been a long time since I've seen the episode, I admit, but I don't recall Mauricio being particularly supportive.

I also definitely remember people bringing it up on the TWoP boards and the comments section on the Bravo blogs well before Lisa ever went there. As for the idea of Lisa giving it all extra validation--I suppose that's fair enough. They all know how this show works, they're all on to promote this and that, so to make a comment that indicates you feel used by one of your co-stars and their spouse--IMO Lisa had to have known what she was doing and how many people would take the comments as absolute fact. Still, at the end of the day, do I think that Kyle and Mauricio are losing money because of a comment Lisa Vanderpump once made on a reunion show? Not really. I just can't imagine that the people who are buying and selling houses via The Agency are taking this woman's comments into account. Obviously that doesn't make it okay that Lisa did it of course, I'm just responding to people who think that Kyle is somehow in the wrong for putting it behind her and not continuing to fixate on it when it comes to her damaged "friendship" with Lisa.

• Love 3

What did he do/say that confirmed "what Mauricio would do for his business"?  Did he throw Kyle under the bus? Talk poorly about her? Tell Camille his wife was nuts and to please ignore her?  Did he offer to eat Camille's lady parts? What did he do that was so shocking as to reveal poor character? He asked nothing of Kyle, he said when he learned the news that he would just have to try and find a way to repair the relationship. Himself. Isn't that what any person would do if their boss was pissed off (in this situation Camille was absolutely his boss.  He said once that she was one of his biggest clients). I am in sales and I can assure you, when posed with losing huge business, you work to find a way to save that business. Sucking up to clients is pretty much par for the course.  Is it shocking to learn that this does indeed go on all the time (although I don't think he did it)? Does that make someone a horrible person? A user? Someone who is just nice to people in general because it might turn into $$ signs? I just cannot fathom what folks saw wrong in the way that Mauricio handled it all. I also don't remember many folks having a hard time with it until after Lisa said what she did. 

No, it doesn't make someone a horrible person or user, nor is it the least bit shocking.  It just makes them a suck-up who is willing to suck up to anyone for their business, even someone whose wife is fighting against and calling a fucking liar.  And I formed that impression of Mauricio during the Camille fight, not based on anything Lisa said later.

• Love 4

To me there is nothing that Adrienne could have done to turn the situation around that happened during season three, yeah maybe she made it worse by how she handled it but she was already on the road to ruin because she pissed off the wrong person (Lisa) and Lisa had a powerful Leviathan (Brandi) at her disposal.  I am not saying that Lisa was behind most or all of Brandi's atrocious acts against Adrienne, I waffle on that point, but I think that Brandi did what she did to please her new benefactress, maintain relevance and also because she's an all-around vile person.

I think that with both Adrienne and Brandi's downfalls, it was not just a single act -  Adrienne using legal intimidation to respond to Brandi revealing personal information about her / her family, or Brandi throwing wine in Eileen's face, rather it's a matter of the ground being softened.  The ground was softened in Adrienne case due to what happened during season two and its reunion and the media reporting that Adrienne accused Paul of being abusive in her divorce papers.  The ground was softened in Brandi's case due to Brandi "losing her audience" by falling out with Lisa and numerous other antics on and off the show that demonstrated that she creates her own problems and relationship failures and is not the perpetual victim that she tries to portray herself as.

I am willing to bet that if Eileen was a cast member during season three, Brandi would have totally gotten away with targeting Eileen.  It would have been totally turned around on Eileen that she should accept that there are crazy soap fans out there, she signed up to be on a reality show and getting wine thrown in is not unprecedented and she should have known that discussing getting together with her current husband while they were both married to other people is something that should not be done in Brandi's presence even though Brandi brought it up - regardless, the onus was on Eileen to shut the topic down.  I am pretty sure that Brandi would do her part by  tweeting, blogging and doing interviews suggesting that Eileen is a horrible person who did awful things to her but will then be sketchy on the specifics of the horrible things that Eileen did to her.  Then one of Brandi's enterprising fans would find some way to tie it in to Eddie and / or LeAnn, something along the lines of a few days before the wine toss LeAnn tweeted a happy family picture of "Brandi's sons" which is apparently not just inappropriate but LeAnn's one and only motive was to taunt Brandi and Brandi can't be blamed for losing it every now and again because she has to deal with the odious LeAnn and Eddie who apparently still wants Brandi despite the fact that he screwed around on her and then divorced her.

Anyhoo, had Eileen been part of the season three cast, she would have probably been run off the show after one season.

I think Brandi was very good at playing the "poor cheated on single mother victim" act and that at 1 point or another, each HW has fallen for her act as have so many viewers her first 2 seasons. What was Kyle's excuse for believing Brandi last season, or Yolanda's excuse for backing Brandi for 3 seasons now? Lisa is not some Svengali, with some mythical power over the other women, controlling them and making them do/say things they would never do/say otherwise. Lisa fell for Brandi's "act" just like Kyle and Yolanda have, no more, no less.

As a viewer, I remember thinking that Mauricio's reaction to the Kyle vs. Camille thing was odd and I thought he did seem tweaked that they were losing business over it. I didn't feel like Mauricio was acknowledging that it was understandable for Kyle to have been so frustrated with Camille when Camille was indeed truly awful that first season. I felt he seemed almost frustrated or disappointed with Kyle and seemed more concerned about losing the business than about the way Kyle was being treated by this woman on camera for this new show they were all doing. It's been a long time since I've seen the episode, I admit, but I don't recall Mauricio being particularly supportive.

I also definitely remember people bringing it up on the TWoP boards and the comments section on the Bravo blogs well before Lisa ever went there. As for the idea of Lisa giving it all extra validation--I suppose that's fair enough. They all know how this show works, they're all on to promote this and that, so to make a comment that indicates you feel used by one of your co-stars and their spouse--IMO Lisa had to have known what she was doing and how many people would take the comments as absolute fact. Still, at the end of the day, do I think that Kyle and Mauricio are losing money because of a comment Lisa Vanderpump once made on a reunion show? Not really. I just can't imagine that the people who are buying and selling houses via The Agency are taking this woman's comments into account. Obviously that doesn't make it okay that Lisa did it of course, I'm just responding to people who think that Kyle is somehow in the wrong for putting it behind her and not continuing to fixate on it when it comes to her damaged "friendship" with Lisa.

Again, this idea that what Lisa said about Mauricio hurt his business is wrong. Kyle has made it very clear that he is at the top of his profession not only locally or even state wide but on a national level. It can not be both, either he was damaged and sales fell or it had zero effect and sales rose, according to Kyle, they rose!

• Love 3

I think Brandi was very good at playing the "poor cheated on single mother victim" act and that at 1 point or another, each HW has fallen for her act as have so many viewers her first 2 seasons. What was Kyle's excuse for believing Brandi last season, or Yolanda's excuse for backing Brandi for 3 seasons now? Lisa is not some Svengali, with some mythical power over the other women, controlling them and making them do/say things they would never do/say otherwise. Lisa fell for Brandi's "act" just like Kyle and Yolanda have, no more, no less.

Again, this idea that what Lisa said about Mauricio hurt his business is wrong. Kyle has made it very clear that he is at the top of his profession not only locally or even state wide but on a national level. It can not be both, either he was damaged and sales fell or it had zero effect and sales rose, according to Kyle, they rose!

On this we are in complete agreement. Of course reputation can mean more than just business. I don't know if Lisa is aware of this or not, because she only seems to get upset about things that might hurt her business (more upset about someone thinking that she filed bankruptcy it seems right now than someone thinking she would be the kind of gal to do the magazine thing). Some folks get upset when their character is questioned, even if it doesn't harm them financially.

• Love 3

Was Lisa's old comment brought up in this episode or something? I don't recall the Umanskys being all that put out about it at the time, but if they were, it seems to be water under the bridge now.

• Love 4

Mauricio succeeded in spite of Lisa's comments.  Lisa has apologized the Umanskys have forgiven.  Forever engraved in the minds of many is Lisa and Ken will attack another's career if they feel slighted.  How do we know who didn't sign with Mauricio  because they were swayed by Lisa's comments?  We don't. To excuse Lisa's behavior because Mauricio's sales rose  and say it has had zero effect is impossible to gauge. 

I think the only reason I even care about the comment anymore is I am hoping Lisa will stop with the digs.  She has had her opportunities with both Yolanda and Kyle to discuss her issues and concerns and elected instead to move on.  I like the Lisa that sat down with Brandi and told Brandi where their relationship stood.

• Love 5

On this we are in complete agreement. Of course reputation can mean more than just business. I don't know if Lisa is aware of this or not, because she only seems to get upset about things that might hurt her business (more upset about someone thinking that she filed bankruptcy it seems right now than someone thinking she would be the kind of gal to do the magazine thing). Some folks get upset when their character is questioned, even if it doesn't harm them financially.

I think most people can differentiate between ones opinion, saying that a person is friendly mainly to sell something to/for you, and a stated fact about your financial history, you filed for BK! The first is just an opinion and nothing concrete/fact, just a personal feeling so to speak. The latter is supposed to be based in fact, that someone could not manage their money/bills and had to contemplate going belly up in a business, restaurants, that is forever on shaky ground.  Selling a story to a tabloid would/could be seen as someone digging up dirt on you and profiting $$ from it, almost as bad as the BK lie but no where near as mild as the being nice to sell you® house. And, Yes, Mauricio was within his rights, as was Kyle, to expect an apology from Lisa/Ken, which they got, but there was no damage done to them other than hurt feelings. Now had Lisa said that Mauricio was a thief or that his Brokerage business was close to BK, that would be a different story altogether IMO. That type of story can cause financial ruin as could the story Brandi told at the reunion and on twitter that Lisa serves alcoholic drinks after hours at her bars, SUR/VB. That could have brought in the zoning people, the inspection department and the alcohol license people, which did happen to Lisa/Ken/partners after Brandi made that claim. I do not know if her comments lead to that or not but the timing is suspect IMO.

• Love 3

I guess I'm missing something here because I don't remember Camille saying that Mauricio was friends only to get business or was a user.  She was mad at Kyle and sent her a text stating she and Kelsey would no longer do business with Mauricio because of Kyle.  At the time, I thought it was all pettiness on Camille's part and the viewers saw through it.

What Lisa said was a direct hit on Mauricio's character and was proven to be untrue.

I don't think one can compare Eileen's incident with Brandi with Adrienne's.  Reacting to getting wine thrown in your face is far different than someone revealing personal information about your children and then falsely accusing someone of suing you.

This is what I just don't buy. What Lisa said was a direct hit on Kyle's character as a friend. But it had nothing to do with Mauricio's character as a business man. I don't think there is a single person out there who at the time was contemplating doing business with Mauricio who saw his willingness to befriend and suck up as a liability. That is exactly what they would expect of someone that they were trusting with their listing. It might make them second guess whether or not Kyle was a true friend, but in no way would it hurt Mauricio as a business man.

And I will also jump aboard and say that my feelings about Mauricio cultivating friendships for the sake of his business have been out there since season 1. And, I don't think that is a horrible thing. I think denying that this is the way sales works - especially in high end real estate - is much more offensive than pretending that he is somehow hurt by what a woman on a reality show (It's not like these are ratings bonanzas in comparison to other primetime television) said about him cultivating friendships for the sake of his business.

If anything, I would want to list my home with the guy who will befriend millionaires and billionaires to get their listing. It means a higher profit for me as his client.

ETA: Now if Lisa had backed up Kim's claims that Kyle and Mauricio "stole her goddamn house" I could see that being a direct attack on him as a businessman.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6

Mauricio succeeded in spite of Lisa's comments.  Lisa has apologized the Umanskys have forgiven.  Forever engraved in the minds of many is Lisa and Ken will attack another's career if they feel slighted.  How do we know who didn't sign with Mauricio  because they were swayed by Lisa's comments?  We don't. To excuse Lisa's behavior because Mauricio's sales rose  and say it has had zero effect is impossible to gauge. 

I think the only reason I even care about the comment anymore is I am hoping Lisa will stop with the digs.  She has had her opportunities with both Yolanda and Kyle to discuss her issues and concerns and elected instead to move on.  I like the Lisa that sat down with Brandi and told Brandi where their relationship stood.

LOL, stopping the digs would cost her the Bravo HW job! They are all guilty of it, Kyle with the "Lisa holds a grudge", which shows she herself can not let go, Yolanda with "Lisa isn't a good/real friend because she did not invite me" and Brandi with the "I love Lisa but she made me do/say it" acts. Lisa does bring up her disagreements with the others because they bring it up but as always.....it is all Lisa's fault! Hold them all to the same standard and do not get mad at Lisa or now Eileen because they are each smarter than the rest of them combined!

• Love 6

This is what I just don't buy. What Lisa said was a direct hit on Kyle's character as a friend. But it had nothing to do with Mauricio's character as a business man. I don't think there is a single person out there who at the time was contemplating doing business with Mauricio who saw his willingness to befriend and suck up as a liability. That is exactly what they would expect of someone that they were trusting with their listing. It might make them second guess whether or not Kyle was a true friend, but in no way would it hurt Mauricio as a business man.

And I will also jump aboard and say that my feelings about Mauricio cultivating friendships for the sake of his business have been out there since season 1. And, I don't think that is a horrible thing. I think denying that this is the way sales works - especially in high end real estate - is much more offensive than pretending that he is somehow hurt by what a woman on a reality show (It's not like these are ratings bonanzas in comparison to other primetime television) said about him cultivating friendships for the sake of his business.

If anything, I would want to list my home with the guy who will befriend millionaires and billionaires to get their listing. It means a higher profit for me as his client.

ETA: Now if Lisa had backed up Kim's claims that Kyle and Mauricio "stole her goddamn house" I could see that being a direct attack on him as a businessman.

I have to disagree.  It was a an attack on Mauricio's character.  At the reunion, Andy asked Lisa if her relationship with Kyle and Mauricio changed after Mauricio sold their house, Lisa responded that it did and that Ken felt the same way.  That was an attack on Mauricio as much as it was on Kyle.

Did it affect Mauricio's business?  Probably not.  But the point is that Lisa did try to damage Mauricio's reputation.  Did Brandi's statements about Lisa and Ken filing for bankruptcy affect their business?  Probably not but Lisa sure was sure upset about it.  Sounds like a double standard on Lisa's part.

• Love 5

A pedantic note about hair and hair growth: It's not that hair stops growing (because it doesn't), it's that at some point for some folks, it becomes hard to retain (healthy) length.

I have never cared for Brandi. I saw her for what she was after watching her during the first season.

Nor I. All of the traits that are on display now were on display in Brandi's first season. I think Game Night allowed a kind of patina of "poor Brandi" to develop but the drinking and pill popping, the inappropriate and close behavior on someone's husband, the getting drunk and married in Vegas (sans a license, I know, but she did it anyway) were all there even in her limited FOH role.

It was there her following season. It was there when she was interviewed by Anderson either last year or two years ago and said to him something like, "Oh, Lisa has a lot to say about Kyle" once her BFF status was set with Lisa. It was there when she went at Adrienne (so now surprise that she might out Lisa as owning furs--if Lisa even owns furs--is trippy considering that she outed something much more serious like surrogacy).

For all of the drama between Brandi, Eddie, and LeAnn (when soooo many people were falling over themselves to give Brandi a pass about getting into Twitter fights with LeAnn, claiming that she had a right to not be over the situation (how time flies and perspectives change)), Eddie pointed out in that one email how Brandi can't keep any friends (this after she accused Eddie of taking their mutual friends away) because of her own behavior.

And all of this happened when she was firmly entrenched in the "fan favorite" camp.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4

Very interesting conversation here, What happened first, the egg or the chicken?

What happened first? the posters comments about Mauricio being a sleezy guy who only befriends people who are potential customers and then ditches them or Lisa nailing this point time and time again until it has become one of those facts that we pull out of the hat time and time again when trying to slam Kyle?

One of Lisa's main MO during RHBH is how much she panders to the viewers and how carefully she crafts her image around our comments and perceptions. Lisa was firmly on Kyle's side during half of season 2 against Brandi, that was until she realized that Brandi was a nuts with a funny edge who would be her next pet project being that Cedric was gone, then Lisa turned her attention to Brandi. Once season 2 started airing Lisa very cunninly started using her blogs to write excuses for herself and to side with Brandi despite the fact that during the show they were barely speaking and Lisa was very much aware of Brandi/Cedric association, but if you read her blogs you would think that Lisa and Brandi were BFFs since the beginning of the season. Lisa was completely pandering to viewers on that one because by then the season had already wrapped and reunion time was coming and she needed Brandi firmly on her side.

Same with last season, we were not privvy to it, even though reading the gossip rags some posters here already knew about Brandi's tampon string incident, we already knew that this was a huge scandal with Brandi being drunk out of her mind and showing her string for the world to see, result? Lisa cleverly understood that this would be a huge hit to Brandi's popularity so she backed away from Brandi, isn't that one of the main complains of Brandi against Lisa?

Isn't it funny how Lisa promoted and repeated time and time again not only during the reunion but also at the beginning of the last season this unfounded lie about Mauricio only befriending potential clients? Lisa and Ken main allegiance is to money, they are business people, they are doing tghis show for the promotional opportunity, the only reason she chose Mauricio is because he is the top realtor in BH, that is it, she didn't chose him because he is Kyle's husband, she chose it because in that particular niche of huge houses Mauricio is the best. Listening to Lisa one would be tempted to think that Mauricio's only job was to befriend the RHBH to sell their houses, yet the amount of inventory that Mauricio has sold and that has made him the best realtor in BH are not based on the sale of Lisa or Adrienne's house. Lisa knows this but she drives the point home time and time again.

Speculation and unfounded rumor gossip about Mauricio's alleged infidelity made it to the show via Lisa, she claimed that it was the elephant in the room and needed to be addressed so being the great friend she is (never mind that during the previous reunion she has pretty much slammed Kyle and her husband as users and ranked Yolanda and Brandi as her only real friends on the show)  she made sure she gave Kyle a platform to "clear it up" (LOL, you have to give it to Lisa, she comes up with the most crafty excuses) , yet the incident of the tampon string never once crossed her lips, Brandi and Lisa and nobody else on the show for that matter have ever mentioned this incident, except Joyce at the reunion, wouldn't you think that an incident like this would be mentioned because that was indeed a huge elephant in the room? well, it was not on Lisa's rethoric last season at all yet Brand ialluded to it several times but never direclty as the reason why Lisa backed away . It is not until this season that Lisa has alluded to it, she now is finally making jokes about "something between Brandi's legs"

Lisa never says something that she doesn't mean, she sticks to her narrative, if you are her friend or should I say "allied" then you can get away with murder (remember Joyce?) , but if you are against her then she demands your head in a platter, just like right now in her blog she is pretending to be apalled at Yolanda for not reigning Brandi in, are you kidding me? talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Lisa has done and will do only the things that put her on a favorable light even if it affects others, she does it with grace and elegance, she jokes about things that she knows affect others but God forbids anybody "jokes" about her, there will be no forgiveness, there will be hell to pay.

• Love 9

I've no idea about the fur closet, but especially if they are family furs passed down, I'd personally feel sorry for Lisa if Brandi ever broadcast that she owns furs. I mean, if there's already a fur in existence in your family's possession, what are you supposed to do with it? Putting it in a far closet seems about the same or even more respectful than trashing it.

Of course, maybe it's a closet of furs made out of her hidden rabbit mill. ;)

I agree about it not being a particularly big deal if these furs are heirlooms or have some type of emotional significance.  If it's not a problem for Lisa, then Brandi has nothing to threaten her with.  Unless this is something that Lisa is hiding, where is Brandi's power? Lisa said it best: "folks who have secrets shouldn't come on a Reality TV show".  I wonder if this show will be on long enough for Lisa to regret making that statement? I think the deal here is that Brandi is taunting Lisa with the fact that this is another example of how she doesn't actually live the persona that she has created. Maybe Lisa joked to Brandi at some point that folks would be irritated to know that she had a big closet full of furs, so that part of the house tour for Bravo cameras was firmly off limits.  Who knows? Might be true, might not be. My experience with Brandi is that there is generally a grain of truth to what she says, she just molds it into what she needs it to be. 

I'm not a huge Animal Rights person (I do love animals), but I know several folks who are active in the cause, including my daughter. The ones I know would never - ever - be OK with someone who considers themselves a spokesperson and has received many accommodations and awards for this cause to be hiding a closet full of furs back home, regardless of whether they were an old family heirloom or not.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

Lisa has that pink fur robe/negligée hanging prominently in her closet. It's been in many scenes, including sweeping shots of the closet.

Lisa can also easily claim she bought her furs before she had a change of heart & became an activist. This one is easy to back out of. I'm more disgusted by BRANDI and her threats, honestly.

Brandi is textbook Borderline Personality Disorder and severe cases are dangerous. Blackmail, threats, violence, chaotic relationships, lack of coping methods, black & white thinking, etc. that's all Brandi

• Love 2

It seems Brandi is obsessed or annoyed with anything that anyone has, that she doesn't have herself. It comes off as a "How dare they have that!" attitude.

Brandi can't grow hair because she once mentioned how she loves having it pulled during sex. I guess by the lack of hair that she has, Brandi is having a lot of sex. And, a lot of guys are running around with sores in their pubic area and their mouths.

Looking at Joyce's husband's Instagram and other social media pages, it appears Joyce and Lisa are very close and are having a wonderful time in each other's company. I bet this kills Brandi. She probably thought she was going to get rid of this "bitch" (her words, not mine) before Lisa gets close to her. Brandi's game backfired and instead, she is on the outs whereas Joyce and Lisa are BFFs. 

I don't know it it's income bracket. It could be. it could also be Mohammed or the fact that Yo is married to a famous songwriter. But I wonder if it has more to do with the fact that money or not, Brandi is Trash. You could give her a billion dollars and she would still be trash.

I am not a Yoland fan, she is egotistical, not very bright, bossy and boring. But I wouldn' t be embarassed to invite her to a dinner party. Yeah, sure she might get in a dig at Lisa fo not being invited to something. But that is just social bullshit. Everyone rolls their eyes and moves on.

Brandi, OTOH should not be invited into anyone's home for any social event. Clearly she also shouldn't be invited to dinner at a restaruant. Bitch throws wine into someone's face and is vulgar and offensive in civilized company.

Unless one wants a friend to crawl around in an alley with, while drinking cheap wine out of a paper bag covered bottle,  Brandi just does not fit in.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 6

My comment was about whether I thought things would play out differently had Adrienne handled things more like Eileen did when Brandi revealed personal information about her family. I also opined that if Eileen was cast in season three and was targeted by Brandi, who was mega-popular at the time, that Eileen would not have come out as well. I was not addressing who was taken in by Brandi, but no need to worry because my fingertips are primed to type "lie down with dogs, get up with fleas," "ever hear the parable about The Farmer and the Viper," when Kyle and Yolanda get burned by Brandi, and with Yolanda I'm hoping that me or someone else comes up with some kind of snark reminding her that Brandi is a single mother, child-like and dog-like who brings Starbucks to homebound rich women and must be excused.
  • Love 2
No, it doesn't make someone a horrible person or user, nor is it the least bit shocking.  It just makes them a suck-up who is willing to suck up to anyone for their business, even someone whose wife is fighting against and calling a fucking liar.  And I formed that impression of Mauricio during the Camille fight, not based on anything Lisa said later.

Answering in the Kyle thread.

My comment was about whether I thought things would play out differently had Adrienne handled things more like Eileen did when Brandi revealed personal information about her family. I also opined that if Eileen was cast in season three and was targeted by Brandi, who was mega-popular at the time, that Eileen would not have come out as well. I was not addressing who was taken in by Brandi, but no need to worry because my fingertips are primed to type "lie down with dogs, get up with fleas," "ever hear the parable about The Farmer and the Viper," when Kyle and Yolanda get burned by Brandi, and with Yolanda I'm hoping that me or someone else comes up with some kind of snark reminding her that Brandi is a single mother, child-like and dog-like who brings Starbucks to homebound rich women and must be excused.

OK! I think you are correct, that Adrienne did not handle Brandi correctly but I don't think anyone knew just how wacked out she really is! Brandi figures out each HWs weak point, be it their egos, their family, their siblings, their insecurities, needing to mother, needing to mentor, whatever it is, Brandi will find it and exploit it to serve her if possible/allowed. She is a leach.

Brandi is textbook Borderline Personality Disorder and severe cases are dangerous. Blackmail, threats, violence, chaotic relationships, lack of coping methods, black & white thinking, etc. that's all Brandi

I agree with this and, unfortunately, I have firsthand experience. I read a book a few years ago called "Stop Walking on Eggshells" to help me deal with my sister. I remember a section that talks about intense fear of abandonment that really fits Brandi's treatment of Lisa, like begging for her friendship yet attacking and threatening her.

I know we shouldn't diagnose a person based on what we see on a tv show, but it's hard because I do see so many of the traits in Brandi. I think her off screen behavior fits as well. With my sister, I think being attractive made things worse because she gets more attention, plus people (especially guys) are more willing to put up with her or excuse her behavior. Borderlines can be incredibly charming and manipulative. Therapy is a start, as long as Brandi doesn't quit as soon as the therapist says something she doesn't like.

I didn't think Yo meant that she literally lost her voice. I took it more symbolically - as in the Lyme screwed up her head so badly that she couldn't say what she wanted to say. Which is BS, if you ask me. But now that her "voice" is back, we shall hold her to that. No more making excuses if you piss somebody off. 

I'm still not entirely sure I believe that JR cheated on her. In my mind, they had an open, on-off relationship. He finally got sick of her and moved on, maybe did it in a shitty way by just ceasing to call or return calls. And in her mind, they were still a "couple". But yea, I don't think they were ever a serious enough couple that he even COULD cheat on her. Bitch is delusional. 

That was my absolute favorite part of the episode - "I'm going to be young forever!" She's a hoot. 

What she actually said was "I'm going to be beautiful forever!" "Young" would have made me smile. "Beautiful" turned me off to her. Different strokes, I guess.

• Love 2

I immediately thought something was about to happen right before Brandi threw wine (about 20 cc of it) at Eileen. Brandi was shown furiously stroking bronzer over her forehead, chin and Restylane-stuffed cheeks. I mean, who does that?

"I'm ready for my closeup Mister DeMille"

closeup.gif

Two more cents to add to my other two-cents.  Something I had overlooked when I first saw this episode at the Royal couple (Fosters) home. When they all went out on the terrace for 'smores' and some were cheerfully roasting their marshmallows on a stick like little campers, I noticed that someone handed Mauricio a silver plate neatly stacked with 'pre-roasted' black marshmallows. How weird. Then there was the demonstration by Yolanda as she gyrated and danced like a sprite along the wall above the firepit. Obviously nobody could miss that.

I couldn't help but draw some comparisons to the rise and fall of great cultures like Rome and Babylon. Only this isn't an economic or political failure. These shows, these people and pop culture is more like a collective wave of moral decline.

Add "Let them eat cake" and you've got today's culture in a nutshell. I guess I'm not the only one who sees the parallels between the crumbling of once-great societies and today's unraveling in our own world.

• Love 2

"Just joking!" is getting very stale. She's going to need to come up with something a little more clever, but I don't think it's in her.

FozzyBear, I get the impression that Yolonda wants her daughters to each have their own place, their own independence. Preparing them for paying their own bills one day, maybe?

More like preparing their separate lairs to ensnare unsuspecting billionaires, just like dear old Mom.

• Love 3