Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Wining And Dining

• Start Topic

As far as the wine throw at Eileen, I have to wonder if Eileen's been living under a rock for the last few years.  If not she might have heard that Brandi's husband dumped her for LeeAnn Rimes and the battle has been epic ever since.  I couldn't believe my ears when Eileen started rattling off the romantic tale of how she and Vince were married to other people when they found each other and decided their marriage vows didn't mean squat.  I mean okay, whatever, not judging here but don't just lay it out there in front of Brandy.  It's like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

Actually, Eileen mentioned that to Brandi. It's not like she ignored Brandi's history. But what does any of that have to do with Brandi? People get cheated on everyday. It happens and unfortunately some more publicly than others. Eileen's story wasn't a secret. It made the rounds in the press back in the day. I'm betting super fan Brandi probably already knew all about it. Plus, for Eileen this is her romantic tale. She finally met the person she was meant to be with. It wasn't perfect but it's her story. Is Brandi going to run around the toss wine into the faces of all cheaters? She'd be wasting a lot of damn wine.

I could sit and watch Eileen and Lisa smack talk people all day long

I think I said it before, but the very first scene with these two way at the beginning of the season seemed very forced and fake. But lately, I think I do see a friendship and closeness there. Their scenes made the episode for me. Oh and Lisa climbing into that amazing refrigerator.

there was something about Eileen's reaction/retelling to others that rubbed me the wrong way.  Like she was some simpering historical belle of the south.  "Why, I have no IDEA why she threw all that wine at me. It was so horrible

I think she was pretty shocked and unhappy with that. I'll tell you what, I think if you get wine tossed into your face (or any drink really) you have the right to be upset. She didn't sound like a simpering historical belle of the South to me at all. She sounded like a woman who was confused over what the hell happened and what the hell is wrong with Brandi.

don't like slut-shaming either

I don't either. I don't care if a woman sleeps with every dude in Hollywood, I'm never using terms like slut or whore to describe her. If Brandi likes sex with a bunch of different people and likes to brag about it well then that's her choice. I wouldn't want to live like that but I'm not going to call her names. Men can act the same way and we hardly ever hear them being called names like that so I won't do it to a fellow woman. Even one who I think is a complete idiot.

I think there was a lot more to that scene of King David telling Brandi that Babyface is married. I'll bet much ended up on the editing floor.

• Love 8
I think there was a lot more to that scene of King David telling Brandi that Babyface is married. I'll bet much ended up on the editing floor.

I can't see why they'd cut out anything here to make it seem like David was calling out Brandi for no reason. That just seems so unlike Bravo. They're going to leave in the embarrassing ring comment but they're going to take out Brandi saying something that indicates that she's hitting on Babyface? I personally find that hard to believe.

• Love 2

Brandi sitting on David's lap shouldn't have offended Yo so much - I mean Yo just made a Mauricio sandwich on the yacht in Spain.

Brandi wasn't ok with Lisa mothering her ONLY on camera and didn't give a shit if Brandi was a drunken bum off camera.  Yo apparently does it on and off camera. 

After Brandi's dinner behavior, I guess we now know why Brandi wasn't upset with Yo's WWHL comments about Brandi being like a poorly trained dog needing discipline. And I appreciated Brandi's lack of anger/reaction on WWHL last night towards Lisa R.'s white trash comment.  Much better than mock-offense.  After reading this thread, I expected WWHL to be a disaster.  The show itself was good.  You can tell Brandi and Jeff get along well.  I think Brandi pulled the stunt as a stunt/joke, but that Jeff wasn't really in on it before hand but kind of realized quickly that she wasn't serious about it.  It fell very flat.  The after show they were comfortable and by the end were talking about going out afterward.  

I agree that she is mixing meds with alcohol and that is probably why she lost whatever little impulse control she exhibited her first season.  

• Love 2

I can't see why they'd cut out anything here to make it seem like David was calling out Brandi for no reason. That just seems so unlike Bravo.

It's just a one hour show. Hard to fit all those vulgar comments and shots of her drinking in one quick hour.

• Love 3
After Brandi's dinner behavior, I guess we now know why Brandi wasn't upset with Yo's WWHL comments about Brandi being like a poorly trained dog needing discipline. And I appreciated Brandi's lack of anger/reaction on WWHL last night towards Lisa R.'s white trash comment.  Much better than mock-offense.  After reading this thread, I expected WWHL to be a disaster.  The show itself was good.  You can tell Brandi and Jeff get along well.  I think Brandi pulled the stunt as a stunt/joke, but that Jeff wasn't really in on it before hand but kind of realized quickly that she wasn't serious about it.  It fell very flat.  The after show they were comfortable and by the end were talking about going out afterward.

The main reason that I'm skeptical of this interpretation is Jeff's silence on twitter so far. If it was a joke why was there no reveal? Why is Jeff leaving Brandi to explain her weird ass behavior if it really was a joke? Also, if Jeff wasn't in on it as you suggest then does that really qualify as a joke? I guess I fail to see the joke in somebody getting wine thrown on them and then acting pissed off and betrayed afterward. Jeff was wondering aloud about why he bothered to defend Brandi and I know that I've certainly had that sensation in the past. I can't imagine defending this woman and then getting wine in the face for making the effort. She is just the worst.

I also have to disagree as far as Brandi's appearance on WWHL not qualifying as a total disaster. She made a complete fool of herself and the comment about being sorry that she wasted alcohol completely disgusted me because it couldn't be more clear that she didn't think she did anything wrong and that what she did was fine because she thinks it makes for good TV. Saying that she needed to take five or whatever and creating dead air time? Who the hell does she think she is? She's also wallowing in denial over all of her fillers and procedures and that too is just embarrassing to watch. 

She had one good moment that night and that was basically when she said that Lisa Rinna was "justified" in making her comments about what trash Brandi is. At the same time, Brandi can acknowledge that Lisa is right to label Brandi that way but then at the same time she's shooting daggers at Jeff when he too agrees that Brandi is trash. 

• Love 10

I have to agree that I thought that David yelling down the table to Brandi that Babyface was married was rude and uncomfortable. And not just to Brandi, but more importantly to this nice mans wife. By calling attention to the fact that they were kind of focused on their own conversation, it made something that looked like routine dinner conversation look like something more. I completely agree that David might have been trying to "save" Babyface from any of Brandi's drunken rants, but there are many other more polite ways to change the conversation. It was just all kinds of awkward.

Bravo always gives us glimpses of drama to come, sometimes in very innocuous ways. Two things stood out to me the most, and both had to do with Brandi and married men. The first was David calling her out, which made it sound like there was a danger in her going further, and the second was Brandi sitting on David's lap. Despite what I read in another post above, David did not in any way look like he enjoyed this, and Yo certainly didn't. The fact that David immediately called out to Yo made that clear to me.

The funny thing is that this is all very new. Brandi has done many things, and been accused of many more, but never this. Yes, she has played along like she is flirting with Ken, but that has always been a big fucking joke. Ken has been around since Jesus was a baby, bad hip and all. All of her behavior with Ken has always been condoned by Lisa, who is well aware that Brandi would never be with the likes of old Ken, but more importantly, that Ken would never betray her.

I have heard Kyle say that Brandi does something horrible this season. Something far worse than she has ever done before. Is it possible they are setting up a story where Brandi is openly flirting with one of the married guys? Maybe Mauricio or Lisa R's man? There is a scene in the previews where Lisa R screams at someone to stay away from her husband. I wonder if this is where Bravo is taking us.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

The funny thing is that this is all very new. Brandi has done many things, and been accused of many more, but never this. Yes, she has played along like she is flirting with Ken, but that has always been a big fucking joke. Ken has been around since Jesus was a baby, bad hip and all. All of her behavior with Ken has always been condoned by Lisa, who is well aware that Brandi would never be with the likes of old Ken, but more importantly, that Ken would never betray her.

I agree, and I don't think what's goiing on, or what's new, is a mystery - it's her drinking. And I think the show is telling us this pretty clearly. If you re-watch last night's show, you'll see they keep showing Brandi take sip after sip of wine at the dinner with Eileen, as well as shot after shot of Brandi drinking at the dinner party at Yolanda's house. She's always been inappropriate and vulgar, but she gets worse when she drinks, and her drinking is getting more out of control.

• Love 5
I have heard Kyle say that Brandi does something horrible this season.

I don't remember her using the word "horrible", just that there was an incident during filming.  Who knows which one at this point.

• Love 1

It's ridiculous, but the longer I think about this episode, the more depressed I get. I'm not sure which depresses me the most:

It's all true; Brandi spontaneously did this. She's just that impulsive and inappropriate.

It's production-driven and we are being had.

The producers think this is what the audience wants.

I watched this and I may continue to watch this regardless of the ick factor.

• Love 3

I think Lisa R and Brandi are on decent terms.  She was on her podcast I think after filming ended - but don't quote me on that. So if Brandi flirts with Harry Hamlin to make Lisa R. flip out the way she did, then they must have made up.

Brandi seems to think she is on good terms with Yo also still, so David can't be too threatened by Brandi still.

She made a complete fool of herself and the comment about being sorry that she wasted alcohol.

They did a whole segment on Brandi apologizing and how now she apologizes preemptively and how she is always saying sorry.  

Brandi has moved on from the Eileen wine throwing incident, but I think the "not sorry" is probably more an omen about how their relationship continues throughout the rest of the season - like they probably don't have a relationship still, much less a good one.  I think if they had become friends, then Brandi would be saying sorry.  I think the whole wine comment last night could be more of, "You saw me say sorry on the show, I said sorry then, and that was months ago, we've moved on, had a ton more fights, can't stand each other, so I am not fucking saying sorry again and you can't make me." 

It's funny how Brandi is going on about how she loves Lisa V. still.  The writing is all over the wall this season that it is over.  Lisa is screaming it loud and clear, yet Brandi is still basically begging Lisa and Ken on WWHL to take her back. Pathetic.

• Love 5

I agree that she is mixing meds with alcohol and that is probably why she lost whatever little impulse control she exhibited her first season.

It was there even during her first season. Kim wasn't the only one slurring at game night. Also, Brandi was mixing Xanax and wine (or maybe champagne) when they were flying to Hawaii.

Once in Hawaii, she was all over Ken and someone had to fix her dress because the front threatened to slip and reveal more of her breast that was nearly exposed to begin with.

• Love 2

I am so mad at Brandi that I almost threw a shoe at my TV, she is a POS , who acts like that? A drunk psycho that is who.

I am also mad at Yolanda, she is the queen of etiquette and manners, she should have never put Eileen in the position to have to deal with Brandi the next day, it was clear that Eileen was so uncomfortable and only accepted her apologies because you can't fight crazy, but yolanda as a hostess should have rescind Brandi's invitation to her house. She should have called brandi and let her know that her drunken behavior was inexcusable and that she was not going to make Eileen feel uncomfortable on her first visit to her house.

Yolanda admonishing her as if she was a naughty 3 year old got on my last nerve. Yolanda deserves that Brandi embarrassed her in front of her beloved guest, she deserved that Brandi almost ruined her party.

How do these women contain themselves in front of this lunatic is beyond me, I would have called the police or at least whooped her behind. Ughhhhhhhh

Well, you know, it's not polite to rescind invitations. Not only that, the hostess could get a lot of backlash, like Kyle did when she uninvited Taylor.

Brandi deserves to be treated with the respect of proper etiquette.

NOT. Carry on, LOL.

ETA: the lack of outraged reaction, especially from Eileen, is one thing which makes me wonder if this whole scene was scripted.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1

I don't remember her using the word "horrible", just that there was an incident during filming.  Who knows which one at this point.

Yes, you are correct. I am paraphrasing. She basically said Brandi does something during filming that makes it impossible for them to ever be friends again. In her blog this week, Lisa V indicated that next week is when things really get crazy. Something about friendships altering dramatically.

• Love 3

I watch ABC soaps so I'm not familiar with Eileen (except to note that she was married for a few years to Jon Lindstrom - who I've always found appealing).  I've been consistently impressed with her so far.  She's down to earth for an actress, intelligent, kind, and rides a paddle board in the surf while making self-deprecating jokes about donuts. A true class act.

Hey, we all know she's making 3 quarters of a million bucks for getting wine thrown on her by a lunatic attention whore.  I figured the reason she cried with humiliation is that she realized what she had to do to earn it.  Not a nice feeling at all.

Edited by Reo
  • Love 4

I don't technically mean "edit" per say....I think she is probably the one being shown in the bad light this season...meaning they really are not holding back as per her behavior in the edit room.

I know what you meant.  Some reality shows do edit out things that would make someone look better or would give a balanced portrayal.  Brandi is doing some truly crazy, terrible things this season.  Editing wouldn't change anything.  She was rude at Yolanda's house.  She threw wine on someone.  In previews, I saw her pushing Kyle down some steps.  There is nothing else Bravo could show to nullify her bad behavior.

She also wildly speculated on WWHL that Tom from VPR is gay.

Brandi and Tom had a Twitter during the previous season's airings of VR and RHoBH.  She accused their story lines of being fake.  Tom said she was bad because VR was beating them in the ratings and that Brandi's face looked like a nose between two ass cheeks.

There were a few things I really liked about this episode:

2. I love Yolanda's fridge ... and Lisa in it!

3. Scripted or not scripted, I love the way Eileen's husband responded when Eileen was telling him about the wine throwing incident. Instead of amping up the drama like so many other husbands, he said that Brandi liked her and shrugged it off. For the same reason, I loved Eileen and Lisa's conversation about it at Yolanda's house where they didn't condone it but they also didn't get all shriek-y about it. 

2.  Isn't that unhygienic?

3.  I'd be sort of annoyed if my significant other shrugged off a wacko throwing wine in my face.

My DVR says "Wining and Dining"... I think it's supposed to refer to the wine throwing. As in "wine and dine."

I think there's a typo in the name of this thread.  Maybe it could be corrected to the proper name of the episode, Wining and Dining?  

My DVR says "Winning and Dining", but on Bravo's site it says "Wining" which was apparently the intended word.

• Love 1

Brandi pulling out the random necklace totally reminded me of the crazy Aunt from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation who wrapped up her cat as a gift. You know she just pulled some random piece of jewelry off her dresser.

Why isnt Bella just moving into Gigi's apartment? Did Gigi move out of the city? Two different two bedroom apartments for sisters in the same city is strange.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 7

This. Lisa V. is really the big fish on the show, and Brandi really burned a far too important bridge when their friendship went sour. Brandi has no storyline w/o her friendship with Lisa, and if she continues to get drunk all the time and alienate everyone, that's the only sliver of hope I can see where she might be shown the door. I don't think so, though. Andy and TPTB seem to like that she brings the drama.

I would argue that both Lisa V. and Kyle are the big fish - they open and close the opening montage.  I don't see how Brandi can stay on the show once she alienates both Lisa  and Kyle.

I'm sure Brandi thinks she was being classy by saying finger banging instead of finger fucking.

• Love 6

Brandi sitting on David's lap shouldn't have offended Yo so much - I mean Yo just made a Mauricio sandwich on the yacht in Spain.

Brandi wasn't ok with Lisa mothering her ONLY on camera and didn't give a shit if Brandi was a drunken bum off camera.  Yo apparently does it on and off camera. 

After Brandi's dinner behavior, I guess we now know why Brandi wasn't upset with Yo's WWHL comments about Brandi being like a poorly trained dog needing discipline. And I appreciated Brandi's lack of anger/reaction on WWHL last night towards Lisa R.'s white trash comment.  Much better than mock-offense.  After reading this thread, I expected WWHL to be a disaster.  The show itself was good.  You can tell Brandi and Jeff get along well.  I think Brandi pulled the stunt as a stunt/joke, but that Jeff wasn't really in on it before hand but kind of realized quickly that she wasn't serious about it.  It fell very flat.  The after show they were comfortable and by the end were talking about going out afterward.  

Yolanda would have been furious if Kyle made a David sandwich! Yolanda is a "do as I say, not as I do" type IMO.

Yolanda has said publicly that she does not see or speak to Brandi once filming for the season ends. She does not "mother" Brandi off camera or off season anymore than Lisa did but Lisa did at least see and talk to Brandi once filming was over.

IMO, Jeff was not in on Brandi's plot/plan because it was a self serving ploy by Brandi to garner viewer sympathy.

• Love 5

I'm sure Brandi thinks she was being classy by saying finger banging instead of finger fucking.

RedheadZombie, I kid you not, ginger ale just spewed onto my laptop. 

I don't know if there are any Downton Abbey fans over here but did anybody else think of Violet (The Dowager Countess) when Brandi said that she takes the "you're fucking crazy" comments as a compliment?

Also, I wanted to tell Lisa R and Eileen to not feel sorry for Brandi even if they do think that she has the mentality of a child. DON'T FALL FOR IT, LADIES! Seriously. Please don't feel sorry for Brandi. Please. She isn't a child and she is undeserving of anyone else's sympathy in my opinion. She's received sympathy from Lisa, Ken, Yolanda, Kim, Kyle, and even Eileen and Lisa R. Brandi is obviously unappreciative of the support she's been given so I say screw her and having any more sympathy for a person who is so obviously ungrateful for the opportunities that she's been given. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 8

On tonight's WWHL, Andy said he had no idea what happened last night (re: Brandi's meltdown). He and Jeff Lewis are good friends, so I think if it were a prank, he'd know by now (Jeff would've told him). Brandi was embarrassed by her antics (again), and was just saving face.

• Love 7

On tonight's WWHL, Andy said he had no idea what happened last night (re: Brandi's meltdown). He and Jeff Lewis are good friends, so I think if it were a prank, he'd know by now (Jeff would've told him). Brandi was embarrassed by her antics (again), and was just saving face.

"Just joking!" is getting very stale. She's going to need to come up with something a little more clever, but I don't think it's in her.

FozzyBear, I get the impression that Yolonda wants her daughters to each have their own place, their own independence. Preparing them for paying their own bills one day, maybe?

• Love 3

I still don't get Yo's cerulean top and frosted lilac pleated cropped slacks!?!

I usually like the way Yolanda looks but that outfit did her no favors.

Eileen is too good for this show.  She has too much class and normalcy to be subjected to Brandi's bullshit.

• Love 4

I agree LotusFlower.... Plus, didn't someone up thread say her daughter's college was only a short distance away?

Put on a brave face Kyle, be positive and wish your daughter well...save the sobs for later....don't give your kid the burden of worrying about your feelings.

My youngest (22) is about to go and live in France for a year. I want him to do it for his benefit but personally I don't want him to go because I'm going to miss him dreadfully! However, I'm not going to tell him that! The positives for him outweigh the negatives for me so I'm excited for him. Although, I have told him to not fall in love with a French girl (and marry and have babies and stay in France), unless she comes from a wealthy family who can pay for me to visit from Australia each year!

• Love 9

That is never, ever an excuse for any type of aggressive or violent behavior. Eileen never did anything to Brandi, she didn't even know this person until the show. It doesn't matter if she was privy to Brandi's history- if it's a trigger for Brandi then it is up to BRANDI to handle it in a mature and healthy way (e.g., "I was cheated on while married and this conversation is making me uncomfortable.").

My only comment here is that- Brandi brought up the conversation and questioned Eileen.  Eileen was then as compassionate in her words as she could possibly be.  She even used the word, 'horrific' in describing the experience.  She was not smug.

• Love 11

But Ramona gets to bring along her oar, to make up for the height/reach differential.

And when did Yolanda lose her voice for two years?  Is this some new ailment, or did I miss it somehow?  Either way, toasting your guests by taking the opportunity to kvetch at length yet again about all your illnesses is one more tip for her lifestyle show.  (And the more the maladies pile up, the more skeptical I'm getting about them.)

First, we were locked up in our house for 18 months with no visitors except Brandi, but apparently snuck out somehow to go to parties, Paris, etc. Now 18 months has turned into two years, and not only are we locked up, but we lost our voice. So, obviously, we couldn't have accused Ken of grabbing our arm, or Lisa of various things, nor done any TH's. Was someone doing voiceovers, or have I imagined that Yolanda has been attending events and actually talking for the last couple of seasons?

Oh, and she must have escaped to Kyle's house for a while, because I noticed a giant glass jar of lemons on Kyle's counter this week or last week.

I keep meaning to mention how awesome Eileen's house is. That aerial shot they did after Eileen and Vince were talking on one of their verandas about Brandi's wine tossing was breathtaking! The lovely color of the house, the verandas all over the back of the house, the rotunda, the view! Droooooooool! Now, that's what I want to see. To me, Yolanda's house pales in comparison.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 11

I think Brandi, who looks increasingly more cartoonish with each filler she puts in her face, still thinks she's some hot 18 year-old blonde who can get away with all the "finger banging" and other foul comments.  What she doesn't realize is when you are in your 40s (as I am), acting like you are 18 and just saying outrageous things makes you look incredibly foolish.  

And I would bet that Brandi has fucked many a married man in her time.  She just knows that her role as the scorned wife is the only reason she has a career.

• Love 17

Everything about Yo and David's dinner parties looks beautiful and very uncomfortable. I always feel like there's a timer somewhere that marks the time you are allowed to have appetizers, then dinner, then polite conversation about preapproved topics such as lemons and how famous David is, followed by sitting silently as David plays piano, then coats and out the door. I always imagine a timer rings and everybody rushes to the next station.

I was thinking the same thing. I read a bit about dinners during the 1800s and I wonder if Yo is trying to emulate that type of meal. It was all very proper with the expectation that the person you sat next to was the person you made conversation with through the entire meal. In many cases, like with Queen Victoria, one had to eat very quickly because once the hostess finished, your plate was whisked away. I thought David and Yolanda looked very silly sitting at the head of the table, overseeing everyone, smiling fakely and interrupting inappropriate conversations. I love their house and their table settings, but I would feel very self-conscious and tense under Yo's scrutiny. 

ETA: What an embarrassing typo! "Rash" instead of "trash". I also notice I left out the word "some". Lisa R said "If that's not some white trash, I don't know what is." The some makes it funny, I think.

Edited by slade3
  • Love 5

"First, we were locked up in our house for 18 months with no visitors except Brandi, but apparently snuck out somehow to go to parties, Paris, etc. Now 18 months has turned into two years, and not only are we locked up, but we lost our voice. So, obviously, we couldn't have accused Ken of grabbing our arm, or Lisa of various things, nor done any TH's. Was someone doing voiceovers, or have I imagined that Yolanda has been attending events and actually talking for the last couple of seasons?"

Attending events, planning events, going on international vacations, going on talk shows, getting "dolled up", riding horses, frolicking in bikinis (and looking good), remembering every single supposed slight against her, catering to "my love", "working" as the interior designer to one of Mo's palaces...

I don't have Lyme (just completely exhausted from waking up with a baby every night) and she's getting more out of life than I am. Please.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Love 9

I usually like the way Yolanda looks but that outfit did her no favors.

Eileen is too good for this show.  She has too much class and normalcy to be subjected to Brandi's bullshit.

I agree on both points.  One caveat about Eileen. I think I detect a tiny bit of crazy. Which, sometimes can be a good thing.  A fun thing!  She's not easily ruffled and is clearly a work horse.  But remember what she said about soap stars?  That they have to be a little neurotic?  She's on 2 soaps and now RHONY.  Married 3 times to soap stars/actors.  And the hair.  Lots of tossing, fluffing, touching.  Past, personal experience makes me give anyone that tosses their hair that much a side eye.  (I've decided this was my issue with Joyce, too. LOL.  It seems to me there's always a certain personality trait that goes along with the hair tossing. )  I like her but am afraid of how far Bravo is going to go to expose her neuroses.  I think she's a party girl, too, but hopefully she can keep that in check especially while being filmed.

That said, imo, she and Rinna are good for this franchise.  They've updated it with their style and together I think they're funny and not vicious.  Plus, their husbands are kind of hot if you like that craggy, middle aged, easy going type.  I do!

• Love 12

I loved with Eileen and Lisa R. ran out to talk about crazy Brandi. I'd join them in a heartbeat to get away from that table. They are the "fun girls" of this franchise and I hope Bravo doesn't ruin them for me. For all of us!

• Love 13

This show has helped me in a huge way. After seeing the back of so many women's heads looking like unkempt rat's nests I now take extra care each day to brush my hair thoroughly and check the back with a mirror! 

• Love 11

You're right.  She probably thought she was politely reining herself in by saying 'banging'.  And she got the extra points she thought she deserved when David and Kenny humored her with the song.  Ugh. I'd rather play Andy's 'Plead the Fifth' than sit around David's piano in a big, wide, awkward circle and listen to that AND be asked to join in.

I love my Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife.  Cue the piano crescendo.  Dumb.  Thanks, Brandi and Kim. 

• Love 9

And I would bet that Brandi has fucked many a married man in her time.  

Yes, just make things up about her now.

I agree on both points.  One caveat about Eileen. I think I detect a tiny bit of crazy. Which, sometimes can be a good thing.  A fun thing!  She's not easily ruffled and is clearly a work horse.  But remember what she said about soap stars?  That they have to be a little neurotic?  She's on 2 soaps and now RHONY.  Married 3 times to soap stars/actors.  And the hair.  Lots of tossing, fluffing, touching.  Past, personal experience makes me give anyone that tosses their hair that much a side eye.  (I've decided this was my issue with Joyce, too. LOL.  It seems to me there's always a certain personality trait that goes along with the hair tossing. )  I like her but am afraid of how far Bravo is going to go to expose her neuroses.  I think she's a party girl, too, but hopefully she can keep that in check especially while being filmed.

That said, imo, she and Rinna are good for this franchise.  They've updated it with their style and together I think they're funny and not vicious.  Plus, their husbands are kind of hot if you like that craggy, middle aged, easy going type.  I do!

Totally agree.  I think Lisa and Eileen have been really good additions.  I think if Eileen sticks around, Bravo will figure out what's going on with her.  

They already have found Lisa R's Achilles' heel -her daughters and her perkiness and her kiss upiness and probably whatever sets her off with the wine throw.

I think this weeks episode was fun to watch.  Brandi was OTT, she was crude and slurry drunk.  Reminiscent of Kim in the old days, like "Am I really witnessing this?" Asking Babyface about the ring is a rehash of an old joke of Joan Rivers.  But Babyface's WTF reactions was priceless. Her wine throw at Eileen was ridiculous/uncalled for/stupid/trashy/classless all of the above whatever.  (I think we are seeing the financial incentive as Brandi drank most of the wine before she did it) but the nice effect was seeing Lisa R and Eileen's responses/convo afterward. And Eileen's reaction to the wine throw was great - even better the next day when she responded to Brandi's apology.  She gave it the attention it deserved. 

But Eileen and Lisa R's additions have mixed up the show a lot.  Lisa V has come back leading the pack from the side.  Brandi v. Lisa V.?  Who cares?

• Love 4

This show has helped me in a huge way. After seeing the back of so many women's heads looking like unkempt rat's nests I now take extra care each day to brush my hair thoroughly and check the back with a mirror! 

Me, too! LOL.  And Eileen made me re-evaluate something I was doing in my make-up routine which made me scurry to my MAC counter.  I just made a post in Eileen's thread about how genius I think her make-up game is.

I think this weeks episode was fun to watch.  Brandi was OTT, she was crude and slurry drunk.  Reminiscent of Kim in the old days, like "Am I really witnessing this?" Asking Babyface about the ring is a rehash of an old joke of Joan Rivers.  But Babyface's WTF reactions was priceless. Her wine throw at Eileen was ridiculous/uncalled for/stupid/trashy/classless all of the above whatever.  (I think we are seeing the financial incentive as Brandi drank most of the wine before she did it) but the nice effect was seeing Lisa R and Eileen's responses/convo afterward. And Eileen's reaction to the wine throw was great - even better the next day when she responded to Brandi's apology.  She gave it the attention it deserved. 

It was everything.  I know some found it disturbing to watch and I get that.  Sometimes I would come away with disturbed feelings after watching Aviva vs. Heather and all the rest.  But we got a little bit of everything this week and I loved it. 

• Love 2

Actually, Eileen mentioned that to Brandi. It's not like she ignored Brandi's history. But what does any of that have to do with Brandi? People get cheated on everyday. It happens and unfortunately some more publicly than others. Eileen's story wasn't a secret. It made the rounds in the press back in the day. I'm betting super fan Brandi probably already knew all about it. Plus, for Eileen this is her romantic tale. She finally met the person she was meant to be with. It wasn't perfect but it's her story. Is Brandi going to run around the toss wine into the faces of all cheaters? She'd be wasting a lot of damn wine.

I think I said it before, but the very first scene with these two way at the beginning of the season seemed very forced and fake. But lately, I think I do see a friendship and closeness there. Their scenes made the episode for me. Oh and Lisa climbing into that amazing refrigerator.

I think she was pretty shocked and unhappy with that. I'll tell you what, I think if you get wine tossed into your face (or any drink really) you have the right to be upset. She didn't sound like a simpering historical belle of the South to me at all. She sounded like a woman who was confused over what the hell happened and what the hell is wrong with Brandi.

I don't either. I don't care if a woman sleeps with every dude in Hollywood, I'm never using terms like slut or whore to describe her. If Brandi likes sex with a bunch of different people and likes to brag about it well then that's her choice. I wouldn't want to live like that but I'm not going to call her names. Men can act the same way and we hardly ever hear them being called names like that so I won't do it to a fellow woman. Even one who I think is a complete idiot.

Yes of course Brandi knew exactly what she was asking, when she blurted out, "wasn't he married?"

She loves to share stuff that is none of her business.

Eileen, I'm sure didn't want to discuss that part, but she did it with class. I'm not defending cheating. But life and relationships are complicated and if Brandi ( Queen of all cheated upon women) didn't want to hear about Eileen's story then she should have just shut up. Brandi is not subtle. She wanted all of us to know Eileen started seeing her husband while he was married. Why? Well I guess so it can be about her as the only who was ever cheated on.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

Maybe Brandi thought that by painting Eileen as a cheating home-wrecker, it would lessen the spotlight on her dirty deeds and validate all of her whining about Eddie.

As Dr. Phil would say, "How's that workin' out for ya, Brandi?"

• Love 6

Brandi and Tom had a Twitter during the previous season's airings of VR and RHoBH.  She accused their story lines of being fake.  Tom said she was bad because VR was beating them in the ratings and that Brandi's face looked like a nose between two ass cheeks.

I loathe Brandi.  But no matter where ratings stand, anyone who is one of the scum that makes up VPR is at Brandi's level at his or her best in my eyes.  Those people are pathetic and disgusting in their sleep.  They can be working at the party that sees the wave that takes the entire cast out to sea.

I have to admit.  Put Jeff Lewis in the same sentence as Brandi, add Andy Cohen and the only end to that I want to hear is something about a missing jet in Asia.  Droned and otherwise unoccupied.

ETA:  My understanding is that Eileen is pretty nasty during the initial hook up with her current spouse.  But that is not for Brandi to decide in any other way than as an observer if true.    Plus didn't Brandi pretty much admit to having an affair with someone either married or involved (as in living with someone that Brandi knew about before she got involved?  Was it JR the first time around?  I just remember she really walked back from it when it was pointed out how hypocritical it was that Eddie was the spike in her heart that never stopped being driven but she could stick her tongue down some guy's throat while trying to be a human pretzel around his naked waist who she knew wasn't "free" of any attachments).

Edited by heebiejeebie
  • Love 4

Yes of course Brandi knew exactly what she was asking, when she blurted out, "wasn't he married?"

She loves to share stuff that is none of her business.

Eileen, I'm sure didn't want to discuss that part, but she did it with class.

Exactly.  This is what she did to Adrienne.  If only Adrienne had the same graceful response in the aftermath, so much attention wouldn't have been drawn to her 'secret'.

• Love 5

Maybe Brandi thought that by painting Eileen as a cheating home-wrecker, it would lessen the spotlight on her dirty deeds and validate all of her whining about Eddie.

As Dr. Phil would say, "How's that workin' out for ya, Brandi?"

What dirty deeds?  Like wine throwing?  Potty Mouth?  Fighting with Lisa?  Or other things?

Why? Well I guess so it can be about her as the only who was ever cheated on.

See this is what I don't get.  Yolanda was cheated on by Mohammed. Brandi is pointing out that Vince's wife was cheated on as well as Eileen's husband. So she is not claiming she is the ONLY one who was ever cheated on. 

She is a one trick pony with this infidelity shit. And her fixation on it is a huge problem for her and her interactions with other people - whoever is prescribing her meds should do a little talk therapy with her and tell her to let this stuff go, but unfortunately that's not how the mental health system in our country works. It is pathological with her. I can't believe that the people around her haven't told her to let it go. I am sure Yolanda, Lisa, her parents, and those hanger-on-er long-legged, beautiful women that she dragged around last season have all told her, "Let It Go." If Brandi were rational about it, she would have let it go by now.

• Love 5

If Brandi were rational about it, she would have let it go by now.

I think it would also take a man, who really cared for her, to make it go away, too.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  Something on my FB page the other day (don't judge) "someday someone is going to hug you so hard all your pieces will go back together again."  Or something.  But that's the gist and I get it.

But Brandi seems to need validation from a man and also as a nyah-nyah to Eddie & LeAnn.  This is why I don't think she'd settle for a nice guy with average looks.  He's got to be the whole package and she doesn't possess the qualities to attract that, imo.

The fact that the wine glass was almost empty is almost worse for me, ppl have said the wine glass wasn't full but GAH it's all backwash and saliva down there and wine ewwwwwwwwwwww germs bodily fluids and alcohol, gross.

Agreed. It's totally icky, Vicky.

• Love 9

What dirty deeds? Like wine throwing? Potty Mouth? Fighting with Lisa? Or other things?

See this is what I don't get. Yolanda was cheated on by Mohammed. Brandi is pointing out that Vince's wife was cheated on as well as Eileen's husband. So she is not claiming she is the ONLY one who was ever cheated on.

She is a one trick pony with this infidelity shit. And her fixation on it is a huge problem for her and her interactions with other people - whoever is prescribing her meds should do a little talk therapy with her and tell her to let this stuff go, but unfortunately that's not how the mental health system in our country works. It is pathological with her. I can't believe that the people around her haven't told her to let it go. I am sure Yolanda, Lisa, her parents, and those hanger-on-er long-legged, beautiful women that she dragged around last season have all told her, "Let It Go." If Brandi were rational about it, she would have let it go by now.

Brandi doesn't care about Eileen or Vince's ex it is how she feels.

In her TH when talking about the wine toss, she says something like "I don't know, maybe it happened because I just had to sit through her romantic story about cheating".

She loves the title of being poor cheated Brandi. I'm not sure why? If I had been through what she has been through with Eddie, I would want to be strong and not let Eddie or LeAnn occupy to much space in my head. Instead she revels in what was probably a very low point for her. And in my opinion talks about it like she thinks people can't understand what she has been through. A lot of people can understand. She is not the first or last woman cheated on.

I agree that she needs therapy.

Sorry, if I came off rude with the "my point is". I wasn't trying to be .

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

I liked it better when the title of this thread was "Winning and Dining". 'Winning' reminds me of Charlie Sheen, and Brandi is crazy and self-destructive and obsessed with sex- kind of like a female version of Charlie Sheen.

Edited for clarity

Edited by EVS
  • Love 7

I have to agree that I thought that David yelling down the table to Brandi that Babyface was married was rude and uncomfortable. And not just to Brandi, but more importantly to this nice mans wife. By calling attention to the fact that they were kind of focused on their own conversation, it made something that looked like routine dinner conversation look like something more. I completely agree that David might have been trying to "save" Babyface from any of Brandi's drunken rants, but there are many other more polite ways to change the conversation. It was just all kinds of awkward.

Bravo always gives us glimpses of drama to come, sometimes in very innocuous ways. Two things stood out to me the most, and both had to do with Brandi and married men. The first was David calling her out, which made it sound like there was a danger in her going further, and the second was Brandi sitting on David's lap. Despite what I read in another post above, David did not in any way look like he enjoyed this, and Yo certainly didn't. The fact that David immediately called out to Yo made that clear to me.

I have heard Kyle say that Brandi does something horrible this season. Something far worse than she has ever done before. Is it possible they are setting up a story where Brandi is openly flirting with one of the married guys? Maybe Mauricio or Lisa R's man? There is a scene in the previews where Lisa R screams at someone to stay away from her husband. I wonder if this is where Bravo is taking us.

Damn you, now I have to keep watching. You just may be on to something. How many more episodes must I endure? 

You are going to owe me a cheap necklace when this season is over.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 10

Brandi doesn't care about Eileen or Vince's ex it is how she feels.

In her TH when talking about the wine toss, she says something like "I don't know, maybe it happened because I just had to sit through her romantic story about cheating".

She loves the title of being poor cheated Brandi. I'm not sure why? If I had been through what she has been through with Eddie, I would want to be strong and not let Eddie or LeAnn occupy to much space in my head. Instead she revels in what was probably a very low point for her. And in my opinion talks about it like she thinks people can't understand what she has been through. A lot of people can understand. She is not the first or last woman cheated on.

I agree that she needs therapy.

Sorry, if I came off rude with the "my point is". I wasn't trying to be .

Brandi has made herself the self-appointed spokesperson for all cheated-on spouses.  It is so unhealthy.

And I agree Ryebread, that part of her healing will be having someone love her, but she is really still so damaged that I don't see that happening  - especially because she "needs" that whole package guy still to rub it in Eddie's face.  Such fucked-upedness.  She's a psychologist's dream (nightmare?).

ETA -  I think the "thing" that Brandi does this season is come between Kyle and Kim during a mini-intervention/fight over Kim's substance abuse.  Kyle seemed to be running after Kim in the preview and Brandi looks to be blocking Kyle from following her.  Kyle raises her hand, Brandi grabs it and pushes Kyle back. Maybe.  Brandi should know better than to come between those two.  Blood will always be thicker than water.  Kim is a manipulating addict.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 4
I noticed that, too, but what bothered me more was when she started crying and told her daughter that if she didn't like school, or being so far away, she could come back home.

I agree, but I got the impression Kyle was flashing back to a time when she herself wanted her mother to come and take her home, and she was told to suck it up.  She seemed to be reliving a trauma of her own.  She has given the impression that she was driving around town when she was underage to do so -- I can believe that she was sent to some remote movie set alone and left there with a studio sitter.

I don’t blame David for calling out Brandi flirting with Babyface.  Even if the conversation was perfectly benign, for all we know he and/or his wife had been shooting him pleas for help with their eyes, and David thought he was helping by trying to shift things with a little humor.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 5

Brandi has made herself the self-appointed spokesperson for all cheated-on spouses. It is so unhealthy.

And I agree Ryebread, that part of her healing will be having someone love her, but she is really still so damaged that I don't see that happening - especially because she "needs" that whole package guy still to rub it in Eddie's face. Such fucked-upedness. She's a psychologist's dream (nightmare?).

ETA - I think the "thing" that Brandi does this season is come between Kyle and Kim during a mini-intervention/fight over Kim's substance abuse. Kyle seemed to be running after Kim in the preview and Brandi looks to be blocking Kyle from following her. Kyle raises her hand, Brandi grabs it and pushes Kyle back. Maybe. Brandi should know better than to come between those two. Blood will always be thicker than water. Kim is a manipulating addict.

If that really is how it plays out, then I agree. It's not her place to put herself between family. But, "boundaries" is something that is a completely foreign concept to Brandi.

By the way, speaking as a psychologist- she is indeed a "dream" in that I really do find her fascinating enough to try and analyze/theorize what's going on with her but she is also a "nightmare" because personality disordered patients are really some of the most difficult & frustrating to treat.

• Love 5

She also wildly speculated on WWHL that Tom from VPR is gay.

That comment came during the ridiculous penis game Andy had her and Jeff playing.

Luckily for Tom, the ensuing fuck-and-awe over her wine throwing and meltdown have apparently overshadowed that little nugget from the self-proclaimed "Truth Cannon."

So, Brandi can lob out her speculations about someone's sexuality (someone who wasn't even being discussed, someone she was not asked to speculate about, and someone who, to my knowledge, have never really publicly made a statement about his sexual orientation but is, by the show, presumably heterosexual), but if someone DARES to touch on something about HER self-professed STD, the gloves are off?

Oh, fuck you, Brandi Glanville. Shove your "truth cannon" up your ass and have a stadium full of seats.

I really wish somebody would shove her into Ken and Lisa's moat so that the swans could attack her. What a ghastly woman she is.

Which Tom?

Didn't Brandi have a bout of depression one season? I think Yo helped with it? I just wonder about that...and her meds with the drinking?

I know firsthand that depression and drinking don't mix. Xanax and alcohol? Bad news.

• Love 2