Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Wining And Dining

• Start Topic

Lisa and Brandi have lunch.  Brandi still demands an apology and says that her and Lisa are so similar.  Lisa doesn't take well to it.  One thing I'll give Lisa, Ken was really supportive of Brandi and he probably took her 'betrayal' worse than Lisa.

• Love 10

Lisa's house is to die for.

Tired of seeing Brandi's boobs (TH with the white dress). I don't see how Brandi can insist on an apology from Lisa. If she really wants to have a friendship with Lisa you would think she would just give in and apologize. I am so tired of the Lisa/Brandi fight so nothing more to add there. I guess this is now irrelevant since Lisa did end up apologizing.

Loved Yolanda's blue striped tank.

• Love 2

ITA with the whole apology thing.  Just move on for cryin' out loud!  What I DID find interesting is that it appears that Brandi throws a drink on Eileen while the group is having dinner.  WTF did Eileen DO???

And seriously, if you do that to someone you've JUST MET, what the frick do you do to people you KNOW? Take a dump on their foot perhaps??

• Love 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Brandi say in the First Look episode something along the lines that she was upset because Ken turned his back on her while she & Lisa were having issues some time ago?  Sounded like she expected Ken to remain friends with her even if she & Lisa were having problems.  That's rather delusional of Brandi (if I understood her correctly.)  I think she was so shocked that Lisa apologized about Scheana, she didn't know what to do next.  Honestly though, I've forgotten most of what they're mad about, but I think Lisa is smart to tread lightly when going forward with her relationship with Brandi.

Loved Yolanda's blue striped tank.

I like seeing her in anything other than white!  She sure owns a lot of white shirts and pants! 

• Love 2

ITA with the whole apology thing.  Just move on for cryin' out loud!  What I DID find interesting is that it appears that Brandi throws a drink on Eileen while the group is having dinner.  WTF did Eileen DO???

And seriously, if you do that to someone you've JUST MET, what the frick do you do to people you KNOW? Take a dump on their foot perhaps??

That was just weird, because it didn't look like they were yelling or having some huge blow up at the time.

Lisa and Brandi have lunch.  Brandi still demands an apology and says that her and Lisa are so similar.  Lisa doesn't take well to it.  One thing I'll give Lisa, Ken was really supportive of Brandi and he probably took her 'betrayal' worse than Lisa.

The editors sure agree too. One thing I've noticed this year is that the flashbacks, previously clips before the show starts, and next times at the end, tend to repeat the negative sides of conversations for Brandi this season. This is one of the ways that they give a bad edit to an out of favor housewife. They keep reminding the viewer of how bad she is. After Lisa states "he defended you when you didn't deserve defending" (I'm phrasing) and  then showing Ken defending Brandi against the lawsuit issue suggests that the editors see her as making that whole story up.

• Love 2

It seems like Brandi throws the drink at Eileen while Eileen is discussing the fact that she and Vince starting dating while married to other people. It seems like Brandi is now the defender of all cheated on spouses. Or of housewives desperately trying to be relevant. 

I like Eileen. I'm not sure she knew what she was getting into with that loon.

• Love 4

I think the editors are giving a fairly balanced edit this year between Brandi and Lisa.  Brandi said last year at the reunion what her gripes were against Lisa.  They included "getting dumped," and Scheanna.  She also discussed Lisa treating her differently on camera (mothering her - scolding her about her drinking) and off camera (drinking with her after hours without expressing the same concern).  In the lunch scene, she brings up the whole "being dumped" at a difficult time in her life.  I was surprised to hear Brandi admit to going through a period of having a problem with drinking.

They are also acknowledging Ken's allegiance to Brandi on camera.  But they are also showing Ken being a grump/grumbler about the other HWs this year.  And they are giving Lisa plenty of oppt. to get her "side" of the story out, but they are also showing her "strategizing" a little - with the star event and Pump openings - and not inviting people, and then having Ken complain about people not congratulating her.

I wonder if Eileen were brought in as a challenge to Lisa V.'s top dog position.

• Love 2

She also discussed Lisa treating her differently on camera (mothering her - scolding her about her drinking) and off camera (drinking with her after hours without expressing the same concern). 

jinjer You bring up a very interesting point. In this particular "first look" Brandi said something to Lisa about how their personalities were similar, and Lisa was quick to disagree. I wonder if Lisa is less proper off camera? Maybe she fits in with Brandi and the VR gang more than I thought!

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 1

I think hanging around clubs/bars especially in the 80s that Ken and Lisa are quite familiar with the party scene and probably love to have a good time.  I don't think Lisa is shocked by Brandi's off color language as much as the others are because she has heard a lot of bawdiness in her line of business.

Brandi is the crudest of the lot because she doesn't always say things as a joke. She's crude a lot in life. Lisa uses crudity to joke (My pussy's pink, I have a pink pussy, do you want to see).  But she is smart to keep other off color language off camera for the most part, so we don't know if she every speaks crudely for the heck of it too.  I kind of doubt she does.  OTOH, Ken I would think has a colorful vocabulary if the occasion warrants.  

• Love 5

In the clip of Brandi tossing her drink on Eileen (after the first look clip), it sounded like Brandi said "Since Lisa won't do it..." (Something to that affect) so I think she was probably doing something "silly" that will go over like a lead balloon...as usual...

Edited by BodhiGurl
  • Love 2

jinjer You bring up a very interesting point. In this particular "first look" Brandi said something to Lisa about how their personalities were similar, and Lisa was quick to disagree. I wonder if Lisa is less proper off camera? Maybe she fits in with Brandi and the VR gang more than I thought!

After Lisa said they were very different, Brandi then corrected what she meant and said that they have similar sense of humors.

• Love 1

Of course I could be wrong but after seeing more of the scene from the 'first look', Brandi throwing a drink at Eileen isn't as dramatic as it was implied in the 'this season' on RHBH portrayed it to be.

• Love 1

Brandi smiled after she revealed Adrienne's surrogacy as well, although in either scene you can't rule out editing. With Adrienne's situation, my read of her smiling reaction was that it was a calculated and premeditated move, like "yeah I finally got the chance to say it!" From the little that I've seen of the wine throw, my preliminary read is drunkenness and calculated opportunism. I dunno maybe Brandi sees red when in the presence of "other women," but I wonder if the wine toss at Eileen was more Brandi setting out to do something dramatic on camera to spice things up.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

Jinjer, I don't think so but I will admit that I've considered the possibility. I basically feel like this is going to be similar to Aviva's leg ending up on the floor during that party. When I first saw that trailer all sorts of wild thoughts went through my head and then when I finally saw the episode it felt like a desperate attempt by Aviva to grab some much wanted attention. The wine throwing move seems like a similar move on Brandi's part.

Edited because I was replying to Jinjer not Quinn.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 2

Brandi may have smugly smiled after revealing Adrienne's surrogacy, but she was not smiling at all during her confrontation with Paul and Adrienne at Mauricio's event. I don't think I've ever seen her smile during actual heated confrontations, so I am inclined to think this is some weird inappropriate "joke" that is, yes, ultimately meant to get her attention.

Because I am a total nerd, I went back and re-watched the trailer and, yes, there is wonky editing there. If you look closely at the women's outfits, the part where Eileen says, "Don't call me a homewrecker" is a completely different scene than when Brandi throws wine at her, but they edit it to make it look like the same scene. I am also now wondering if Brandi's TH of, "She sleeps around and tries to steal men" is actually about Schaena or someone other than Eileen.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 3

Brandi's reaction after she threw the drink in Eileen's face is irrelevant. Eileen's reaction tells me this was not something she was expecting, thus the shocked reaction. 

That said, if Brandi didn't have her consent before, then it is more of Brandi trying to stay relevant by doing shocking things. Aa always, at the expense of her co-workers. 

• Love 2

Brandi may have smugly smiled after revealing Adrienne's surrogacy, but she was not smiling at all during her confrontation with Paul and Adrienne at Mauricio's event. I don't think I've ever seen her smile during actual heated confrontations, so I am inclined to think this is some weird inappropriate "joke" that is, yes, ultimately meant to get her attention.

Because I am a total nerd, I went back and re-watched the trailer and, yes, there is wonky editing there. If you look closely at the women's outfits, the part where Eileen says, "Don't call me a homewrecker" is a completely different scene than when Brandi throws wine at her, but they edit it to make it look like the same scene. I am also now wondering if Brandi's TH of, "She sleeps around and tries to steal men" is actually about Schaena or someone other than Eileen.

NIce catch.  Nah, I don't think you're a nerd.  If you've been watching the housewives for any period of time you learn not take any of the editor monkeys at face value and there's sort of a feeling of satisfaction if you catch it before it's actually aired.

• Love 2

I was trying to figure out why Brandi, other than the obvious fameho expectations, would go after Eileen with throwing the wine in her face.  I then found this-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Morrow%C2'> .  A self-described best friend of Eddie Cibrian, this man is also a co-star with Eileen on The Young and the Restless.  Since he and Eddie have been best buds for years my guess is Brandi had already heard the Eileen and Vince story.  I know during their divorce Josh and his wife continued to remain friends with Eddie much to Brandi's chagrin.

• Love 1
Brandi and Lisa Vanderpump address their shaky relationship over lunch. Elsewhere, trust issues plague Yolanda; Eileen and Brandi trade marriage stories, but their get-together soon turns ugly; and Yolanda hosts a dinner party.
I know during their divorce Josh and his wife continued to remain friends with Eddie much to Brandi's chagrin.

Also IIRC isn't Josh one of the people who claimed that Brandi first hooked up with Eddie back when he was still together with Julianne Harris an actress who was also on The Young and the Restless?

• Love 1

Also IIRC isn't Josh one of the people who claimed that Brandi first hooked up with Eddie back when he was still together with Julianne Harris an actress who was also on The Young and the Restless?

Again I find it one of those less than coincidental moments on this show.  Brandi has finely tuned radar when it comes to who has been with who and who worked with who in the industry.  There is just no way she won't find a way to work these connections into some reason to dislike Eileen. 

• Love 2

Bravo has a sneak peak at the wine throwing on their website, and it looks like Brandi is trying to get Elieen to act out a scene from the show, she keeps laughing it off saying she can't. Brandi tells her to do it or she will throw her wine at her and elieen is laughing with the other ladies thinking she is joking. Nope that dumb c u next tuesday does it. 

I don't call women that word ever, but it seems to fit with Brandi.

• Love 1

Ew, ew ew ew ewwwww.  Brandi drinks from the glass and THEN throws the leftovers in Eileen's face.  Do these chicks get hazard pay?  Hazmat suits?  At the very least, workmen's comp if and when Eileen breaks out in watery blisters all over her face and neck?  Ew.

• Love 9

So does Brandi think that she's allowed to pull this shit because Tamra got away with it once upon a time? 

Trash is a nice way of describing Brandi. 

How is that allowed? If I did that to a co-worker I'd probably be suspended at the very least. I find it so offensive that she's getting away with this sort of behavior.

• Love 9

Reminiscent of Brandi's treatment of Joyce. I realize that the full edit could be more forgiving, but based only on the clip linked to above...

Wow to that clip. Brandi comes across as such a bully. First of all, giving Eileen $40 to enact a scene from Days? Wow. How offensive. Then despite Eileen's protests, she keeps goading her on for her own amusement. I disagree with Eileen. It's not that Brandi "didn't get it." Brandi's a grown woman, she gets it. She just doesn't care that she's treated Eileen like a "trained seal".

Since Brandi is poor* and a single mother her feelings are more important than anyone else's. Shame on all of us for not realizing this by now.

* meaning makes poor financial decisions

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 4

Eileen could have been an exotic dancer in that clip and the way that Brandi behaved would still have been offensive IMHO. (BTW does this not count as a preview? It has to be spoiler tagged?) I guess I'll tag just in case.

Throwing the money like that after Eileen made it clear that she had no interest in being put on the spot in such a way was so rude,

I don't understand why Brandi thinks that she gets to force the new girl to dance to whatever tune she wants. She is such a hateful and insecure woman and it couldn't be more clear to me that she feels threatened to varying degrees by every single woman on this franchise with the possible exception of Kim. 

Eileen has made a nice life for herself, she's already making more than Brandi via the show, she's had a smooth entry into the group so far very different than Brandi's back then, she has a good looking husband, etc. Brandi seems to resent happy people so I think it's only a matter of time before we see her criticizing Eileen in other areas of her life. Brandi is a classic hater and I don't think it's going to be fun to watch unless Brandi ends up getting told about herself by the other women not to mention I hope that Brandi ends up getting eviscerated on social media this season. Stuff like the above clip is *not* okay and I want Bravo to send that message rather than cash in on it. 

Meanwhile people who don't watch this show are cheering Brandi on over at Celebrity Apprentice. Life can be terribly unfair sometimes and I think there are other housewives who would have been more deserving of an opportunity like that. Oh well. Hopefully she'll reveal her true colors on that show too because so many of these people seem like they have no idea of what she's all about.

• Love 9

Brandi is such a stupid lush. You ARE acting like the scorned woman police, you dumb bitch.  Mind your own business and keep chugging that wine.  In a few years you will be nothing and living off of Leann Rimes's money.   At least Eileen doesn't stumble around drunk and with a tampon string blowing in the wind.  

The whole wine throwing incident had better be the beginning of the end of this nasty c-nt.  I can't believe she did that.  The other women need to band together and start refusing to film with her.  She will stop at nothing to stay on this show--does she still have fans?!  If someone is actually a fan of this bitch, I am openly judging that person.   Only garbage could like this woman (looking at you, Yolanda).

Edited by JacqaloonLaurita
  • Love 16

The whole wine throwing incident had better be the beginning of the end of this nasty c-nt. I can't believe she did that. The other women need to band together and start refusing to film with her. She will stop at nothing to stay on this show--does she still have fans?! If someone is actually a fan of this bitch, I am openly judging that person. Only garbage could like this woman (looking at you, Yolanda).

I think Yo might be starting to question how far her loyalty to Brandi will extend. I have never heard her talk about Brandi in the manner in which she did tonight. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

I am not a "Fandi" (Fan + Brandi) BUT the women retelling it act as though they truly had NO idea why as if they weren't right there.  I really believe that she got caught up in the soap opera moment and lost her mind for a second!  As more proof, she had just thrown money at Eileen to do it moments earlier too! 

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 4

I'm sure all of Brandi's behavior can be blamed on Lisa Vanderpump. Or Eddie. Or Leann. Or Haters of poor single Mothers.

Eileen has my eternal admiration for not giving that bitch what she deserved.

• Love 21

You know, I never understood the psychology behind stalkers who love a celebrity so much that they end up killing them. But it became crystal clear, tonight. I was seriously afraid for Eileen when Brandi was apologizing for being a creepy fucking weirdo at Yo's dinner party. Brandi is such a deranged loser. Watching her guzzle 18 bottles of Pinot Grigio just makes me sad.

Much as I can't stand the trashy loser, I laughed out loud during this exchange.

Brandi [kissing up to LVP]: "Those earrings are gorgeous"

Kyle: "Oh, thank you!"

LVP giving Kyle the side-eye and thinking to herself, "WTF??"

• Love 12

I really believe that she got caught up in the soap opera moment and lost her mind for a second!

I don't care if she allegedly temporarily lost her mind, throwing any kind of liquid at someone is just stupid and gross.

I've been a soap fan my entire life and I've watched both Days and Y&R for many years, so I can imagine losing my brain power if I met Eileen Davidson. However, I still wouldn't be throwing 40 bucks at her, demanding she reenact a scene from either show and then tossing a drink at her. Because I'm not an idiot like Brandi.

• Love 18

Lawd No!  Brandi sat on David's lap.  Its ova y'all.  She knows better than some mess like that.  You know that Yolanda don't play with the King like that.  I cannot wait for the showdown.

I love Babyface and I enjoy the after dinner piano playing at the Foster abode.  I hate that Brandi screwed up that song.  UGH.  Where is the petition to get her off this show?

Just once I wish someone would say to Brandi: The door is over there, please see yourself out.

Amen.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 13

Worse than her behavior with the throwing of the glass was her juvenile "I'm so naughty" behavior at Yo's house. To be completely transparent, I used to be like that too...pouncing on every double entendre, saying things for shock value... WHEN I WAS SIXTEEN. Good god, woman. Grow the fuck up.

• Love 17

Look, I'm the farthest thing from a prude. I have a filthy mouth and a dirty sense of humor but Brandi is a disgusting pig.

My jaw was on the floor at least three times tonight.

I didn't think she could top the wine in the face with the ladies but by god she lowered the bar to hell with finger banging.

Fix it Jesus.

Edited by Jack Terrier
  • Love 21

So, next week we have Kyle crying over a kid going to school and Eileen talking about one of her step sons going away and how hard it's going to be. Sigh.... Clarification for people who watch RHNJ. Going away as in to school, not to, you know, the other place.

• Love 17

I'm exhausted just watching Brandi. I could not be around her. The other Lisa has her number. I predict there comes a showdown and Lisa exposes the emperor with no clothes that everyone is afraid to mention.

• Love 4

I am so mad at Brandi that I almost threw a shoe at my TV, she is a POS , who acts like that? A drunk psycho that is who.

I am also mad at Yolanda, she is the queen of etiquette and manners, she should have never put Eileen in the position to have to deal with Brandi the next day, it was clear that Eileen was so uncomfortable and only accepted her apologies because you can't fight crazy, but yolanda as a hostess should have rescind Brandi's invitation to her house. She should have called brandi and let her know that her drunken behavior was inexcusable and that she was not going to make Eileen feel uncomfortable on her first visit to her house.

Yolanda admonishing her as if she was a naughty 3 year old got on my last nerve. Yolanda deserves that Brandi embarrassed her in front of her beloved guest, she deserved that Brandi almost ruined her party.

How do these women contain themselves in front of this lunatic is beyond me, I would have called the police or at least whooped her behind. Ughhhhhhhh

Edited by Wendy
  • Love 11