Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Wining And Dining

• Start Topic

I forgot about the upcoming Lisa R freak out(stay away from my husband). Now I can't wait to see who she talking to.

I agree with Motorcitymom65,

Brandi has pretty much kept her flirting down to old man Ken, with Lisa's blessing. So I almost don't think LisaR is screaming at her. Maybe it will turn out to be just some stranger, like when Kyle lost her mind and almost cut a bitch at her white party a few seasons ago.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

I agree on both points.  One caveat about Eileen. I think I detect a tiny bit of crazy. Which, sometimes can be a good thing.  A fun thing!  She's not easily ruffled and is clearly a work horse.  But remember what she said about soap stars?  That they have to be a little neurotic?  She's on 2 soaps and now RHONY.  Married 3 times to soap stars/actors.  And the hair.  Lots of tossing, fluffing, touching.  Past, personal experience makes me give anyone that tosses their hair that much a side eye.  (I've decided this was my issue with Joyce, too. LOL.  It seems to me there's always a certain personality trait that goes along with the hair tossing. )  I like her but am afraid of how far Bravo is going to go to expose her neuroses.  I think she's a party girl, too, but hopefully she can keep that in check especially while being filmed.

That said, imo, she and Rinna are good for this franchise.  They've updated it with their style and together I think they're funny and not vicious.  Plus, their husbands are kind of hot if you like that craggy, middle aged, easy going type.  I do!

Lol, what does the hair flipping mean, please tell me! I have long curly hair and a habit of flipping/shaking it out to make sure it hasn't gone totally flat on top. What would that tell you about me, I don't want to seem like a psycho! As for Eileen's 3 marriages, is it the number or the fact that they were actors? To me the number seems unremarkable in LA, and the actor part, well, she married some guys she met at work. But I want to know what the subtext is, I'm missing something, ha!

I like what you said about LisaR and Eileen updating the show with their style. They are a lot more loose in their style, but still look fab. Lots of training on that front from being in front of the camera I guess. But it is fun to see, it's more current, in contrast with Lisa V's Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter realness and Kim's desperate yellow Witch Mountain weave, both teetering on too-high heels. Yolanda has great style, as a professional model/wife, although her personality is kind of mannequin-like. I've always liked Kyle's style but she's definitely upped her game this year.

• Love 3

Well, just to add my 2 cents worth...  Really tired of Brandi antics.  Wine throwing, crass comments ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME, her whole "victim" business.. The list goes on and on.  Seriously.  Stop already.

Love Yo's Malibu mansion!  And we got to see that ginormous clearglassed refrigerator again.  LOVE THAT THING! I'm curious about that doofus hairdo of Yo's. Her short hair looks good.  Even with the platinum.  MY hairstyle is just about the same as hers and I couldn't put it in a ponytail IF I TRIED.  What's with that little ponytail she does all the frickin' time? She can't blow dry her hair? She throws a fancy dinner party and looks like she could care less.  And everyone tells her she looks beautiful???  She looks like crap!

Thank you!  That dumb ass attempt a ponytail really annoys me, I have a friend who does the same thing and it looks terrible!  No one with chin length hair should attempt to put it into a ponytail unless you are going working out and/or at the beach or otherwise doing something sweaty.  It's a terrible hairstyle, if you even want to call it that...drives me nuts!

• Love 1

Lol, what does the hair flipping mean, please tell me! I have long curly hair and a habit of flipping/shaking it out to make sure it hasn't gone totally flat on top. What would that tell you about me, I don't want to seem like a psycho! As for Eileen's 3 marriages, is it the number or the fact that they were actors? To me the number seems unremarkable in LA, and the actor part, well, she married some guys she met at work. But I want to know what the subtext is, I'm missing something, ha!

I like what you said about LisaR and Eileen updating the show with their style. They are a lot more loose in their style, but still look fab. Lots of training on that front from being in front of the camera I guess. But it is fun to see, it's more current, in contrast with Lisa V's Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter realness and Kim's desperate yellow Witch Mountain weave, both teetering on too-high heels. Yolanda has great style, as a professional model/wife, although her personality is kind of mannequin-like. I've always liked Kyle's style but she's definitely upped her game this year.

Oh I want to know too;)

I have very long wavy hair too. And I uasully wear it up unless out to dinner or drinks with hubby and friends. So when its down I flip it or fluff it. I think its a bad habit but I still do it.

My husband hates when I put it up in a bun (think of Carrie on King of Queens) so I try to hold off putting it up till I get home lol.

I don't think I'm a pysco.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

Oh I want to know too;)

I have very long wavy hair too. And I uasully wear it up unless out to dinner or drinks with hubby and friends. So when its down I flip it or fluff it. I think its a bad habit but I still do it.

My husband hates when I put it up in a bun (think of Carrie on King of Queens) so I try to hold off putting it up till I get home lol.

I don't think I'm a pysco.

Count me in as well, I am also a hair flipper and fluffer.  But I fully admit that I'm a hair narcissist.  I have good hair.  It's my thing.

I usually am quick to recognize these traits in other people but I haven't noticed this with Eileen.  Joyce, on the other hand....

• Love 2

But do you sort of throw your head back dramatically at the same time?  :-) One really odd example of Eileen's hair tossing is when Brandi is apologizing outside Yolanda's on the chaise. If you can, rewatch it.  She does it a lot but this was the most...odd.  Anyway, off the top of my head (heh) I know 4 hair toucher/flipper/tosser/fluffers who do it a lot and usually with the dramatic head throw.  That number doesn't include Joyce.  These are IRL people.  And they're all a little neurotic with big, healthy egos.  I can't explain without video tape.  LOL. I don't think all who fluff and flip are like this, but now it's sort of something I pay attention to. 

As for the marriages?  She said that it's necessary to be neurotic if you're on a soap opera and here she is on 3, if you include RHONY and she's been married 3 times to soap opera actors.  That's a lot of neurotic under one roof!  But it seems to be working for her when it comes to VVP.  I hope it stays that way but the percentage of marriages that are still together after gigs on these shows isn't great. From what I've seen I think they're terrific together.

• Love 4

I apologize to all the flippers/tossers/fluffers who claim not to be (mm hmm) a little bit crazy and those who willfully admit they are.  However,  I rescind that apology if you do it in kitchens or restaurants. 

Also look for more of Eileen's flipping in the scene with LIsa R and Brandi talking in the yard.  Just my opinion, but she looks a little wasted there, too.  Or maybe that's marshmallow buzz.  I know the feeling.

• Love 1

But do you sort of throw your head back dramatically at the same time?  :-) One really odd example of Eileen's hair tossing is when Brandi is apologizing outside Yolanda's on the chaise. If you can, rewatch it.  She does it a lot but this was the most...odd.  Anyway, off the top of my head (heh) I know 4 hair toucher/flipper/tosser/fluffers who do it a lot and usually with the dramatic head throw.  That number doesn't include Joyce.  These are IRL people.  And they're all a little neurotic with big, healthy egos.  I can't explain without video tape.  LOL. I don't think all who fluff and flip are like this, but now it's sort of something I pay attention to. 

Phew I'm safe then, no head toss! ;) Actually now that I think about it I try to fluff and flip on the downlow. Hmm. Never mind, haven't had enough coffee to figure out what that means.

One thing I forgot to mention about Brandi: she's a trifling trick who I consistently FF or mute for all the myriad reasons people have shared upthread. But let me just add, for her to claim to be so torn up about losing a Z-list actor like Eddie Cibrian, like they were freaking Burton/Taylor and this was a love for the ages, give me strength.

• Love 3

I apologize to all the flippers/tossers/fluffers who claim not to be (mm hmm) a little bit crazy and those who willfully admit they are. However, I rescind that apology if you do it in kitchens or restaurants.

Also look for more of Eileen's flipping in the scene with LIsa R and Brandi talking in the yard. Just my opinion, but she looks a little wasted there, too. Or maybe that's marshmallow buzz. I know the feeling.

Lol! OK I accept your apology. I guess. Still not crazy.... Got that, not crazy!
  • Love 1

Actually now that I think about it I try to fluff and flip on the downlow.

Oh I see. You're one of those....

But let me just add, for her to claim to be so torn up about losing a Z-list actor like Eddie Cibrian, like they were freaking Burton/Taylor and this was a love for the ages, give me strength.

LOL.  Exactly.  I saw him on an episode of whatever show he used to be on.  It must have been his last appearance because he was dead on a gurney.  I must say, he is a fine looking man - even dead - and I think that's part of the reason Brandi keeps her pain so alive.  She needs to remind herself and everyone else that she was at one time capable of landing a hottie like that who earned $60K per week.

• Love 2

See I can actually buy Brandi and Eddie being in love and "the one" for each other. This is not a complement. They have both always struck me as immature, narcesestic assholes. I can easily buy that they had a deeply shallow connection that involved lots of high school level game playing and that they loved it! From Leanne's reality show it looked like Eddie is with her for her money and because she is desperate enough to grovel at his feel 24/7. End of story. He barley notices her, let alone loves her. So imagine Brandi and Eddie are going along doing their thing, being in love in the grossest possible way, except Eddie is starting to get it before Brandi. "It" being that they're both rapidly approaching middle age and stardom isn't coming. They aren't likely to ever rise much above the life of a middle class (by BH standards) working actor. There are no private planes and Malibu compounds in the future and Eddie will have to spend the rest of his life making guest appearances on NCIS just to pay for what they have. Now this is actually a great life that most people would love, but Eddie is a greedy, selfish douche (Hey that's why Brandi loves him so) and along comes this golden ticket wrapped up in blond stupid just perfect for Eddue's game and he went for the brass ring. I think from Brandi's point of view it was out of the blue and traumatic. Not the cheating (I'm sure she knew he was cheating), but the leaving. I don't think she expected him to ever actually leave their little love nest of emotional abuse.

• Love 7

I apologize to all the flippers/tossers/fluffers who claim not to be (mm hmm) a little bit crazy and those who willfully admit they are.  However,  I rescind that apology if you do it in kitchens or restaurants. 

Also look for more of Eileen's flipping in the scene with LIsa R and Brandi talking in the yard.  Just my opinion, but she looks a little wasted there, too.  Or maybe that's marshmallow buzz.  I know the feeling.

We should probably never have a meal together.  :)

• Love 2

I have Bipolar Disorder and honestly from what I've seen of her, I really don't think Brandi has it. Then again, we don't see her 24/7 so who knows? On WWHL, she said she takes Lexapro every morning and has Xanax for when her anxiety really acts up. Usually when you're Bipolar, you're on at least two things just for the depression/mania and then can be on something for ADHD (which is a fun byproduct of BD), or for anxiety, or for panic disorder. 

Bipolar can be really awful (and has been in the past for me) but I'm now managing to live my life with it. I was diagnosed 8 years ago and can recognize the signs of both a depressive episode and a manic episode so I try to eliminate triggers but there are times when I can't control it no matter what I do or how many meds I take so I just take it as it comes. And yes, you can life a regular, full life with Bipolar you just have to work pretty hard at it. 

/jumping off my mental health soapbox and no, I'm not an expert just someone with the disorder so I thought I'd add my two cents. 

Anyway as for the episode, I still cannot get over Babyface singing about finger banging. Between RHOBH and Vanderpump Rules, if you had a "bang" counter, it would be up in the millions by now. Jeez. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 9

I am actually speechless about the wine throwing.

I have no idea what would possess someone to do that....super fan or not.  Her apology was bullshit as well as her explanations for why she did it.  But I am totally feeling Eileen.  She handled it exactly the way I would have.  She let Brandi know immediately it was not ok and out of line and then accepted her half assed apology knowing full well she will never get to know Brandi better than she does right now.  Brandi shot herself in the foot with that one.  Regardless of their filming together or not, Eileen will always keep her at an arms length now.  Good job, Brandi.

• Love 10

Regardless of their filming together or not, Eileen will always keep her at an arms length now.  Good job, Brandi.

And in full view of witnesses.  It was funny when Brandi was leading Eileen out to the yard to apologize and Eileen said something about Brandi walking 'further and further' away from the house.  Like she was afraid to be alone with her. 

There should be a rule when you go anywhere with Brandi, like there is at a pool.  "Never swim alone.  Always use the buddy system."

• Love 6

I think Eileen is naturally funny. When Brandi is explaining during her "apology" scene that she wanted Eileen to go into her character Eileen just kind of tilts her head a little and asks "Um, why?" 

Kim's desperate yellow Witch Mountain weave

There aren't many things I find myself defending Kim over but I do believe that is her real hair. Brandi even made a comment about it this episode IIRC and said that the Richards sisters have great hair. I thought Kim looked better in this episode than she has in a while.

So imagine Brandi and Eddie are going along doing their thing, being in love in the grossest possible way, except Eddie is starting to get it before Brandi. "It" being that they're both rapidly approaching middle age and stardom isn't coming. They aren't likely to ever rise much above the life of a middle class (by BH standards) working actor. There are no private planes and Malibu compounds in the future and Eddie will have to spend the rest of his life making guest appearances on NCIS just to pay for what they have. Now this is actually a great life that most people would love, but Eddie is a greedy, selfish douche (Hey that's why Brandi loves him so) and along comes this golden ticket wrapped up in blond stupid just perfect for Eddue's game and he went for the brass ring. I think from Brandi's point of view it was out of the blue and traumatic. Not the cheating (I'm sure she knew he was cheating), but the leaving. I don't think she expected him to ever actually leave their little love nest of emotional abuse.

This sounds about right to me. 

I'll also add that I suspect some part of Brandi still wishes that she could get Eddie back even if she insists that she's over it. Now that she's making money on her own I feel like part of her is wondering what might have been if say she'd had these opportunities prior to Eddie meeting Leann. 

I can't stand Kate Gosselin but I thought it was a bit rich for Brandi to call her out and say what would Kate do if she wasn't on a show screaming at her children or something along those lines. I'm thinking, what would Brandi be doing if the Leann/Eddie thing had never happened? I certainly can't see her having the book deals and even when she was introduced on her first season of RHBH the Eddie/Leann connection was immediately made and commented on. 

I am actually speechless about the wine throwing.

If she isn't taken to task at the reunion for all of this shit I think I will seriously be done with this show. If the producers feel that the show needs a Brandi type then I think they should give some other woman a try at this point. (Although the show really doesn't *need* a Brandi type anyway IMO.) It might feel like attending her own funeral at first for Brandi Jill Zarin but I think it'll be better for her in the long run to take some time to get the help she so clearly needs. Maybe she can wash up on Celebrity Rehab at some point or some other show if she thinks that reality TV is the only thing she's good for. 

• Love 2

That was actually a pretty good episode. 

As much as I can't stand Yo with her "I lost my voice for 2 years" (are we STILL talking about the fucking lyme disease?!?!) and her dig at Lisa for not inviting her to the opening of PUMP, I actually like the fact that she's making Bella pay for her own attorney fees.  I thought that we may be spared the obligatory David Foster Dinner Party Sing-A-Long. No such luck. 

I absolutely ADORE Eileen.  I love her.  Let me count the ways--1.) she didn't lose her shit when Brandi threw the wine. She acted like an adult and expressed her displeasure and moved along, 2.) she looked stunning when she and Vince were sitting on their balcony, 3.) she accepted Brandi's apology gracefully, 4.)  when Brandi said, "I went home and cried", she responded, "Good."  Hee. 

Lisar getting in Yo's fridge was hysterical.  Love her too. 

I don't think there's anything I care less about than Kyle's kids going away to school. I. Don't. Care.  Not an ounce.  By the look of next week's previews, I'm going to be doing A LOT of fast forwarding.

So...what in the fuck is wrong with Brandi? For real. The wine throwing, telling Nicki her ring was too small ( I thought Nicki was going to claw Brandi's eyes out!), "finger banging", sitting on David's lap.  She is out of control.  And WHY does she have to drag her "houseguest/hairstylist" everywhere? Good lord.  And, dude?  Brandi's hair at Yo's dinner party was NOT a good advertisement or your skills. Just sayin'. 

• Love 7

Have to love Brandi and her "not that I'm the scorned-woman police ..."  In the immortal words of Bette Davis, "But you are, Blanche, you are!"  Enough already with the cheating fixation!  Keep your beverages out of other people's faces and mind your own damn business.  

Yolanda and David's dinner parties are always, always cringe-worthy events.  Yolanda from the head-up looks pretty rough this season.  Too much sun, too much fun --something has her look not working.  Her cool, Malibu model outfits aren't working either.  Those boy trousers looked terrible on her.  So agree that the Foster get-togethers seem like very tense, stilted events.  Her habit of always being seated next to the King reminds me of old classics like "The Lion in Winter" and "Beckett."   The supreme monarchs seated next to one another, looking down on the lesser nobles and keeping score.

Lemon martinis, champagne with lemon, margaritas, etc.  How about a nice Scotch on the rocks?  Or a good Coca-Cola?

It seems pretty clear that we're about to launch into another story line involving too much drinking, drugs perhaps, and uninformed talk about manic depression and other conditions. Brandi's just another Bravo mess, being paid to bring on the drama and the yuck factor because the show is becoming increasingly repetitive and dull.  Loved how calm and classy Baby guy was in pointing out to Brandi that she was projecting her own misery onto him and his wife and their situation.  That's how you do it.   He managed to express concern and compassion for her while making it perfectly clear that that conversation was finished and he'd had enough of her rudeness.  His wife gets points too for staying out of it and managing to look above it all and vaguely amused. 

The first woman to break free from this idea that you can't see your child go off to college without engaging in a lot of bad acting gets the door prize.   I truly believe that these gals now think that they HAVE to engage in these waterworks or we'll think them bad, unfeeling mothers.  Enough already!

• Love 6

I have Bipolar Disorder and honestly from what I've seen of her, I really don't think Brandi has it. Then again, we don't see her 24/7 so who knows? On WWHL, she said she takes Lexapro every morning and has Xanax for when her anxiety really acts up. Usually when you're Bipolar, you're on at least two things just for the depression/mania and then can be on something for ADHD (which is a fun byproduct of BD), or for anxiety, or for panic disorder. 

Bipolar can be really awful (and has been in the past for me) but I'm now managing to live my life with it. I was diagnosed 8 years ago and can recognize the signs of both a depressive episode and a manic episode so I try to eliminate triggers but there are times when I can't control it no matter what I do or how many meds I take so I just take it as it comes. And yes, you can life a regular, full life with Bipolar you just have to work pretty hard at it. 

/jumping off my mental health soapbox and no, I'm not an expert just someone with the disorder so I thought I'd add my two cents. 

Anyway as for the episode, I still cannot get over Babyface singing about finger banging. Between RHOBH and Vanderpump Rules, if you had a "bang" counter, it would be up in the millions by now. Jeez. 

I'm with you too, Box, and as a fellow sufferer of this terrible condition I so agree -- or want to agree.  This will inflame but I feel I have to say it -- Brandi is really too absurdly dumb and lacking in self-awareness to be a true manic-depressive.  I think her real issue is that the show slips her bonuses to bring on the crazy and that she's drinking her ass off at these parties because she's alone in her love life and resents these other women for having secure relationships.

• Love 4
Have to love Brandi and her "not that I'm the scorned-woman police ..."  In the immortal words of Bette Davis, "But you are, Blanche, you are!"  Enough already with the cheating fixation!  Keep your beverages out of other people's faces and mind your own damn business.

Typically, when What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? is referenced in connection to RHBH it has something to do with the Richards sisters, so referencing it in connection to Brandi has kind of made my day. 

• Love 3

FozzyBear, I get the impression that Yolonda wants her daughters to each have their own place, their own independence. Preparing them for paying their own bills one day, maybe?

I actually think it's very poor preparation.  There are very few models who could afford to live in the apartments the Hadid girls have.  They are usually crammed into tiny little apartments and share bedrooms.  Gigi and Bella are being prepared to be socialites and/or trophy wives (by Yo), in my humble opinion.  I don't think Yolanda even realizes that she's guiding her girls down the same path she took, but the girls have family money and access to the finest education it can buy.  I don't understand why she limits them in this way.

Damn you, now I have to keep watching. You just may be on to something. How many more episodes must I endure? 

You are going to owe me a cheap necklace when this season is over.

Now that I quoted this, I've lost the context.  I think this was in reference to Lisa R. screaming to stay away from her husband.  I thought that clip implied Lisa R. was talking to Kim, and I've assumed that she means verbally - don't talk about my husband!  I guess we'll find out soon.

ETA -  I think the "thing" that Brandi does this season is come between Kyle and Kim during a mini-intervention/fight over Kim's substance abuse.  Kyle seemed to be running after Kim in the preview and Brandi looks to be blocking Kyle from following her.  Kyle raises her hand, Brandi grabs it and pushes Kyle back. Maybe.  Brandi should know better than to come between those two.  Blood will always be thicker than water.  Kim is a manipulating addict.

It's also very easy to misinterpret the situation when you're the outsider.  Adrienne really looked like she believed she needed to protect Kim in the limo.  In retrospect, I don't think Kyle was going to get physical, but in the heat of the moment, it's easy to get that impression.  I'm not defending Brandi (I can see her enabling an addict so she won't look like the only loser), but I'll wait until I see what goes down before I judge her. 

• Love 2

I'm with you too, Box, and as a fellow sufferer of this terrible condition I so agree -- or want to agree.  This will inflame but I feel I have to say it -- Brandi is really too absurdly dumb and lacking in self-awareness to be a true manic-depressive.  I think her real issue is that the show slips her bonuses to bring on the crazy and that she's drinking her ass off at these parties because she's alone in her love life and resents these other women for having secure relationships.

It's amazing how many of us there are out in the world and it really is a terrible condition, especially if it's left untreated. I think that if Brandi truly had it, the things we see on TV would be a lot more frightening than they are. Right now she's just drinking and saying shocking things just for shock value. I don't think there's a real problem like we saw with Kim and her addiction in earlier seasons. 

Re: the wine throwing incident, did anyone else notice that it looked like Eileen may have been crying? There were a couple of shots that looked like it was more than just wine in the eyes and that she may have gotten really upset about it. 

• Love 3

It's amazing how many of us there are out in the world and it really is a terrible condition, especially if it's left untreated. I think that if Brandi truly had it, the things we see on TV would be a lot more frightening than they are. Right now she's just drinking and saying shocking things just for shock value. I don't think there's a real problem like we saw with Kim and her addiction in earlier seasons.

Re: the wine throwing incident, did anyone else notice that it looked like Eileen may have been crying? There were a couple of shots that looked like it was more than just wine in the eyes and that she may have gotten really upset about it.

I apologize. I was thinking Borderline Personality Disorder, not Bipolar.

• Love 3

Let's get down to brass tacks shall we...Brandi would NEVER be invited to my house after her behavior at this party. What kind of fucking adult, drunk or not, blurts out "finger bang" at a dinner party. She is disgusting and if you think she wouldn't fuck David Foster or any of the other husbands to usurp the wife and spend the husband's money you're crazy.`The only disorder Brandi has is classlessness. If someone cared about her they'd advise her to take etiquette classes so she'd learn how to behave in public and to join AA stat.

LIsa and Brandi making pouty faces for the camera at lunch was hilarious. I guess I'd take better selfies if I'd practice that stuff in the mirror the way they clearly do.

Surprised no one mentioned Kyle trying to stir the pot between Lisa and Brandi. Give it up Kyle..you backed the wrong horse. 

People like Brandi are the reason celebrities live behind gates. 

Lisa's little dirty joke fell flat but no one noticed (or pretended not to).

Production was killing it with the clips during Lisa's scenes. 

• Love 6

I believe Brandi is behaving this way as a ploy to stay relevant. She realizes people are over her Lisa drama & most side with Lisa. She doesn't have an interesting story line so she has to create drama. The rest of the women have other jobs & wealth. She does not. This is her only real high paying gig. If she behaves poorly, people talk which keeps her getting recast.

Dang, it's hard to keep up with this thread.

I had posted way upthread that the drink toss was producer-driven, but I think you're onto something there, LoLo.  Brandi had to have known how much Eileen was going to get paid and sussed out pretty quickly that Eileen would be a fan favorite. Brandi won't get anymore airtime out of the LisaV feud.  I expect Brandi will start a feud with LisaR before the end of the season as well.  As long as Eileen and LisaR stay in the spotlight, Brandi will be able to talk shit about them (and stay relevant) long after the show gets canceled or she gets fired.

• Love 3

Yes she was.  After she put her hat back on.  She also said in her talking head that she was humiliated.  Which, in my view, is what's really wrong with what Brandi did.  Take away the super fan stuff and what she did was incredibly humiliating.  It's like daddy hitting mommy at the dinner table.  Lisa's reaction was spot on.  She looked appalled.

I don't know how you apologize for humiliating someone in that way.  Which is why Eileen will (rightfully so) keep Brandi as a very superficial kind of relationship now.  I don't think she will ever truly forgive Brandi for it.

Not to mention, her dig at Eileen in her talking head about her making her cheating romantic was unbelievable and such a shitty thing to say.  Eileen didn't romanticize what she did in any way and actually seemed quite contrite about what went down.   Which is why I think Brandi's apology was bullshit.  She's not sorry for what she did and will now look for an excuse to get pissed off at something Eileen did that is trivial so she can say she was right to throw a drink at her all along.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 10
I don’t blame David for calling out Brandi flirting with Babyface.

There was no evidence that I could see that Brandy was flirting with Babyface.  She was seated next to him at the table and was talking to him that 's all I saw.

She is disgusting and if you think she wouldn't fuck David Foster or any of the other husbands to usurp the wife and spend the husband's money you're crazy.

Also in all of Brandi's airtime and books, the one I read anyway, there has never been any mention of her dating or having sex with a married man.  Did I miss something?  If anything, especially this season, she's stated how proud she is to finally be making enough money to support herself in the style to which she would like to become accustomed. 

• Love 3

Have to love Brandi and her "not that I'm the scorned-woman police ..."  In the immortal words of Bette Davis, "But you are, Blanche, you are!"  Enough already with the cheating fixation!  Keep your beverages out of other people's faces and mind your own damn business.  

Yolanda and David's dinner parties are always, always cringe-worthy events.  Yolanda from the head-up looks pretty rough this season.  Too much sun, too much fun --something has her look not working.  Her cool, Malibu model outfits aren't working either.  Those boy trousers looked terrible on her.  So agree that the Foster get-togethers seem like very tense, stilted events.  Her habit of always being seated next to the King reminds me of old classics like "The Lion in Winter" and "Beckett."   The supreme monarchs seated next to one another, looking down on the lesser nobles and keeping score.

Lemon martinis, champagne with lemon, margaritas, etc.  How about a nice Scotch on the rocks?  Or a good Coca-Cola?

It seems pretty clear that we're about to launch into another story line involving too much drinking, drugs perhaps, and uninformed talk about manic depression and other conditions. Brandi's just another Bravo mess, being paid to bring on the drama and the yuck factor because the show is becoming increasingly repetitive and dull.  Loved how calm and classy Baby guy was in pointing out to Brandi that she was projecting her own misery onto him and his wife and their situation.  That's how you do it.   He managed to express concern and compassion for her while making it perfectly clear that that conversation was finished and he'd had enough of her rudeness.  His wife gets points too for staying out of it and managing to look above it all and vaguely amused. 

The first woman to break free from this idea that you can't see your child go off to college without engaging in a lot of bad acting gets the door prize.   I truly believe that these gals now think that they HAVE to engage in these waterworks or we'll think them bad, unfeeling mothers.  Enough already!

Kyle had this to say about her mini-meltdowns over Alexia leaving http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/kyle-richards/kyle-brandi-was-rude-and-offensive  Did anyone notice last week when Kyle, Mauricio and Portia were in the kitchen Kyle said something to the effect with Alexia leaving for college we are going from a family of six to three?  Maybe there is something to the middle child effect Dr. Phil spoke to David about.  She totally left out her middle daughter Sophia. 

Although I find the scenes boring with the going off to college kid scenes-I have to remind myself that I am watching a show about women with housewives as part of their title and I must endure the births, weddings, graduations and leaving home.  This particular producer of OC and BH, Douglas Ross, seems to put a lot of emphasis on the women and their children-especially when they move away.

To our Australian friend-Kyle's daughter Alexia goes to university about 8-9 hours driving time from Bel Air.  Kim's daughter is about 2 hours away if the traffic Gods are with you.

I love the hair discussion -last year including Friends of the Real Housewives there were only two RHBH who did not wear extensions-Kyle and Joyce.  This year with Yolanda cutting her hair and going extension free there are only three full fledged RH with extensions Lisa V, Kim and of course Brandi.  I love Eileen's hair-maybe because mine is similar albeit the colouring is not as spectacular.  I also noticed Kim got a boob job this episode.  I guess we were spared the surgery and recovery this time.

• Love 2

A few of us have touched on this in this thread and yes, Eileen definitely had tears in her eyes and her voice was emotional when she was walking Brandi through how absurd it is for Brandi to assume/pretend that Eileen deals with shit like this all day long in her real life. I was already outraged by the wine throwing but then seeing Eileen having to deal with this shit on camera and keep her cool all while wondering what she'd done to be in this position--it was horrible and I wanted to reach out to her. 

And really, what had Eileen done to suffer the wrath of Brandi? To me it sounds as if Eileen is guilty of having a successful decades long career, she makes more money than Brandi, she looks great and IMO better than Brandi who is at least a decade younger, she owns her own home, she has a good looking husband* that she's been with for over ten years,

*I didn't know that Vince was a nephew of Tim Van Patten. ETA:(I'm a big Sopranos fan so that was cool to find out.)

Also in all of Brandi's airtime and books, the one I read anyway, there has never been any mention of her dating or having sex with a married man.  Did I miss something?  If anything, especially this season, she's stated how proud she is to finally be making enough money to support herself in the style to which she would like to become accustomed.

Brandi might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but even she wouldn't be stupid/honest enough to admit in a book to dating or having sex with a married guy when her whole platform has been about being a victim of being cheated on.  

I think one of the reasons people think that Brandi is suspect when it comes to possibly having slept with a married man had to do with the whole Gerard Butler episode because both parties made it seem like very little information about the other was exchanged and that Gerard didn't so much as know Brandi's last name so it made me wonder if it's good enough for Brandi to simply refrain from enquiring about a person's situation so that she can give herself an out by saying I had no idea X person was married/in a relationship. There's also the repeated claim that Brandi and Eddie got together when he was still with and living with daytime actress Julianne Harris. I'm just not getting the vibe that Brandi is above being the so-called "other woman". 

I'm certainly not claiming for a moment that I know for a fact that Brandi has slept with a married man. Obviously I have no idea. Do I think though that she's capable of being a hypocrite about something like this? Totally. I also still don't understand why it was okay for Brandi to make out with married Carlton especially when we find out that Carlton didn't even want the info out there. I mean, this didn't sound like a situation where Carlton's husband was part of inviting Brandi into their marriage as Brandi supposedly did with other women while she was with Eddie. 

As far as whether or not I personally think that Brandi would have no problem being with a married man if he was willing to spend, spend, spend? I guess I just don't feel like I have any reason to think that Brandi would refrain from getting involved and I even think that she'd likely use her boys as an excuse for why she ended up being okay with getting involved with a married man. She'd claim it was for security and that she was thinking of a way to protect them. I so wouldn't put it past this woman to compare herself to Jackie Kennedy marrying Aristotle Onassis as a way to provide longterm protection for her children. 

Did anyone notice last week when Kyle, Mauricio and Portia were in the kitchen Kyle said something to the effect with Alexia leaving for college we are going from a family of six to three?  Maybe there is something to the middle child effect Dr. Phil spoke to David about.  She totally left out her middle daughter Sophia.

I did notice it but since Kyle had just made a comment a few seconds before about Sophia leaving in four years I think she was just acknowledging that there was going to be a long period where it will just be Kyle, Mauricio, and Portia. Sophia was the baby for a long time so Alexia has probably experienced a bit of middle child syndrome too. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 4

See I can actually buy Brandi and Eddie being in love and "the one" for each other. This is not a complement. They have both always struck me as immature, narcesestic assholes. I can easily buy that they had a deeply shallow connection that involved lots of high school level game playing and that they loved it! From Leanne's reality show it looked like Eddie is with her for her money and because she is desperate enough to grovel at his feel 24/7. End of story. He barley notices her, let alone loves her. So imagine Brandi and Eddie are going along doing their thing, being in love in the grossest possible way, except Eddie is starting to get it before Brandi. "It" being that they're both rapidly approaching middle age and stardom isn't coming. They aren't likely to ever rise much above the life of a middle class (by BH standards) working actor. There are no private planes and Malibu compounds in the future and Eddie will have to spend the rest of his life making guest appearances on NCIS just to pay for what they have. Now this is actually a great life that most people would love, but Eddie is a greedy, selfish douche (Hey that's why Brandi loves him so) and along comes this golden ticket wrapped up in blond stupid just perfect for Eddue's game and he went for the brass ring. I think from Brandi's point of view it was out of the blue and traumatic. Not the cheating (I'm sure she knew he was cheating), but the leaving. I don't think she expected him to ever actually leave their little love nest of emotional abuse.

I disagree with your assessment of LeAnn and Eddie. I am far from a LeAnn and Eddie shipper but the interaction that I've seen between them seems loving and fun, I will say that in some of their interviews they come off as trying too hard to sell their love story. Anyhoo, it's entirely believable that Eddie will eventually tire of LeAnn's crazy like he did Brandi's - although Brandi seems much more toxic than LeAnn, and if history repeats itself, he will bide his time with an affair or two until he finds another crazy, insecure and gullible woman to rescue him from his current crazy wife.

Eddie has been a working actor for several years and if you don't think that being a non-A List working actor can't be lucrative, take one look at Eileen and Vinnie's house. Eddie taking up with and eventually marrying LeAnn was not some big come up, the houses he lived in with Brandi are comparable to the houses he's lived in with LeAnn. The advantage of being married to LeAnn is that the responsibility of breadwinning and financing the family's lifestyle does not reside solely with one person.

Eddie Cibrian is most certainly a douche. He is definitely selfish but this man has taken up with two highly narcissistic (IMO) women so part of me thinks that he enjoys enabling crazy women, I bet he can be very loving and solicitous of his partner. I question him being characterized as materialistically greedy. Brandi instigated the greedy narrative - while claiming in court papers that Eddie made $60,000 a week, she was telling the tabloids that LeAnn was Eddie's sugar mama. To me the sugar mama accusation seems to me to be more of Brandi's prideful explanation for why Eddie left her for LeAnn.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 6

Damn you, now I have to keep watching. You just may be on to something. How many more episodes must I endure? 

You are going to owe me a cheap necklace when this season is over.

I knew I forgot to mention something! What the feezy with whipping out some bubblegum jewelry out of your purse with no gift box, gift bag, gift anything to go with it?? It's like Lenny from Good Times who held watches in his coat that he boosted from the store down the street!  "My name is Lenny, if you got any, you ain't worth a penny!" Every time I think this girl can't get any lower.....smh...

• Love 8

I can't say that Eddie went after LeeAnn for her money, but since I find her tragically unnattractive, I have always assumed it to be true. Much like I have a hard time believing that Dean, whatever his last name is, found Tori Spelling irresistable based on looks. While I understand that there are other things that attract people to one another, I guess I find both men so shallow that I have a hard time beleiving they would be attracted by anything  other than looks or money.

Having valiantly tried to sit through a couple of Eddie and LeeAnn shows my take away was that she is totally in love with him and that he really couldn't care less. If he does care about her he is an even worse actor than I thought.  

Edited by chlban
  • Love 8

I can't say that Eddie went after LeeAnn for her money, but since I find her tragically unnattractive, I have always assumed it to be true. Much like I have a hard time believing that Dean, whatever his last name is, found Tori Spelling irresistable based on looks. While I understand that there are other things that attract people to one another, I guess I find both men so shallow that I have a hard time beleiving they would be attracted by anything other than looks or money.

Having valiantly tried to sit through a couple of Eddie and LeeAnn shows my take away was that she is totally in love with him and that he really couldn't care less. If he does care about her he is an even worse actor than I thought.

Totally agree.

I can't be for sure if Eddie fell head over heals for LeAnn maybe did? But, I'm sure that money made easier to love her.

quinn I have to disagree, getting with LeAnn was a huuugge come up for Eddie.

I'm sure he and Brandi lived a pretty good life, but he hit the jackpot with Leann.

And I wouldn't compare Eileen and Eddie's career or money. Eddie has been in alot of short lived shows small parts in movies.

Eileen has been part of daytime for decades I'm sure that earned her a pretty big check.

• Love 5
Put on a brave face Kyle, be positive and wish your daughter well...save the sobs for later....don't give your kid the burden of worrying about your feelings.

I'm more than annoyed by her incessant crying over her daughter having the gall to wanna break free & go off to college.  Dat fuckin' Kyle is really pissing me off -- as usual.  Man, she is a selfish twat.  So what is it you want from your daughter, Kyle?  Do you want the girl permanently glued to you, to serve you as an indentured slave forever?  To live with you in Kyle-land, along with your Lady-sitter?  I notice this season more than ever, Mauricio is not around much.  Is he out busy selling houses or does he just wanna get away from Kyle's non-stop, insanely annoying nagging about not knowing how to make a sandwich or do the laundry?

Enough with the fuckin' crying, Kyle.  Enough!  Are ya trying to guilt the girl for attempting to have a life?  Are you so self-absorbed that you don't realize you're probably making her feel horrible.  Why not be glad the girl has some ambition?  No, dat ain't Kyle.  Can she ever see beyond her own shallow wants & needs?  Um, no.

• Love 1

Yes. I totally agree, and I find it repulsive that Eileen and Rinna find it so funny to openly make fun of her. Saying she's so "weird" and "crazy." I don't respect that behavior at all. But, if I've not made it clear enough across the board, I'm completely never okay with mocking or attacking people for reasons that they either have no or little control over and while drinking is literally voluntarily, there should be a suspicion of addiction and/or mental illness in this case...suspicion enough to show empathy or at least avoidance. I'm hoping Eileen and Rinna's reaction was at least in self-preservation..meaning they were embarrassed (with the wine being thrown and hearing Brandi's "compliments") and wanted to just laugh and make the focus on Brandi. And, yes, they weren't screaming or hitting Brandi, so it could have been worse.

But, I still don't like their comments on tv like that or to Brandi's face. It's not entertainment to see someone spiraling down so far. This and Scary Island and Taylor's suitcase episode and Taylor's husband's suicide....when is enough, enough? I don't have fun watching. I watch to keep up with these people whom I've watched since day one, and with that, mostly I feel sympathy and sadness. Fame and money. Dangerous. There will always be someone to laugh and find joy in another's misery. Looking at you, Eileen and Rinna. Get off the soaps, wake up, and join life.

Depression + watching these "shows" = misery

Oh my word, then I'd reccommend not watching.

I personally had no problem at all with the comments that Lisa and Eileen made about Brandi. She is a crazy, weird, attention-seeking lunatic.

Brandi is a sad, miserable, empty woman. She brings most of this on herself and she must really despise herself deep down. However, there is nothing that justifies her willful intention to humiliate Eileen, Joyce, and Adrienne.

• Love 23

I don't know that Eileen was crying for the reasons one might think.  Wine has alcohol in it, obviously, and Brandi threw that at her at a very short distance with a certain amount of verve.  That kind of thing going directly into your eye -- nasty.  Wine is also sticky and gross once it starts to dry.  It looked like Eileen's whole head had taken a mini-shower of it.  The other ladies didn't help either. Yolanda seemed to kind of start it with her "show us" thing, and then LisaR was also in on the joke, pretending to look into her wallet and all for cash.  Just a really uncomfortable scene for all of them.  I'm sure that ED doesn't want to do ANYTHING that's going to bring discredit to her main gigs.  

One of the things that I really don't care for about Brandi is that I think she thinks that this constant harping on cheating, infidelity, leaving marriages, etc, abandoning wives is going to curry favor with what she deems to be the middle-American, fly-over population.  It all feels very manipulative and cynical.  Pick a lane, child -- Are you going to be finger-banging," I'm sitting in his lap, Yolanda!" Brandi Glanville or the  poor put upon abandoned woman?  It's too bad for her in her personal life, outside of TV, I assume, that she doesn't seem to be able to reconcile the two in a way that might work for her.  Lots of women are bawdy, fun, salty and irreverent and lots of them have been dumped on but there's got to be some sliver of wit or class or smarts there to pull off the full combo package.  She just comes off as schizoid. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 4

Oh my word, then I'd reccommend not watching.

I personally had no problem at all with the comments that Lisa and Eileen made about Brandi. She is a crazy, weird, attention-seeking lunatic.

Brandi is a sad, miserable, empty woman. She brings most of this on herself and she must really despise herself deep down. However, there is nothing that justifies her willful intention to humiliate Eileen, Joyce, and Adrienne.

I agree.  I think their reaction was completely understandable.  It's easy to stand back and criticize what Lisa R and Eileen said, but I can't say I would rise above if I had a glass of wine thrown in my face.  And, honestly, I think Lisa and Eileen were pretty damn tame in what they said about Brandi.  They even came off as a bit sympathetic toward the way Brandi was behaving. I don't think I could have been that kind, quite honestly.

• Love 11

Totally agree.

I can't be for sure if Eddie fell head over heals for LeAnn maybe did? But, I'm sure that money made easier to love her.

quinn I have to disagree, getting with LeAnn was a huuugge come up for Eddie.

I'm sure he and Brandi lived a pretty good life, but he hit the jackpot with Leann.

And I wouldn't compare Eileen and Eddie's career or money. Eddie has been in alot of short lived shows small parts in movies.

Eileen has been part of daytime for decades I'm sure that earned her a pretty big check.

Eddie Cibrian started out in soaps and moved to primetime and worked steadily in primetime until a year or two ago. I doubt if Eileen has earned more than Eddie for a comparable period of time, rather Eileen and Vince are older and I suspect that they probably manage their financial affairs better than Eddie and Brandi did. From what I've seen of Brandi, she does not seem to be as huge of a spender as Teresa Giudice, but she does not seem to smart with money - on the show she said that she spent $40,000 in 2-3 months in temporary housing and moving expenses, and from a couple of anecdotes she shared, running up a big tab on Eddie's credit card seemed to be a weapon / form of revenge employed by Brandi, probably in response to Eddie coming back from a boys' weekend with lipstick smears on his collar.

If you're saying that getting with LeAnn was a huge come up for Eddie in the sense that he went from having a partner with high-end taste who brought no money into the household to a partner who could support herself along with him and his sons if he was experiencing a slump in his career, then yes I agree that LeAnn was a huge come up. My point is that Eddie did not go from living in a 5,000 square feet home and driving a Range Rover to a 15,000 square feet home and driving a Bentley when he got with LeAnn, Eddie's lifestyle did not change that much for the better when he got with LeAnn.

I don't think that LeAnn having money and earning power was inconsequential, nor do I think there is anything wrong with being attracted to someone who can support herself and make a good living. The distinction that I am trying to draw is that I don't see Eddie's attraction to LeAnn and her money as being comparable to a twenty-five year old Playmate who gets with Hugh Hefner or Anna Nicole Smith marrying an octogenarian oil tycoon, I see it as more an attorney who married an starving artist type, they split up and then the attorney coupled up with another attorney.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 3

It's understandable. I just don't respect it or think it's right. But, I'm very sensitive, and I rarely spend time with people. I wouldn't be able to handle any of what all these women are doing by being on this show.

It is what they get paid to do! Like it or not, it is part of their job to talk about each other during the show not just in their talking head segments. They all do it and neither Lisa R or Eileen know Brandi well enough to suspect some mental health issues or alcohol/pill addiction/misuse. For all we know, Brandi could be doing these nasty things just because she gets paid to do them, I would not put it past her at this point. IMO, she is desperate, really desperate, to do anything and everything in order to keep her Bravo paycheck coming in and that includes assaulting a co-worker by throwing wine in her face/eyes.

• Love 5

It's understandable. I just don't respect it or think it's right. But, I'm very sensitive, and I rarely spend time with people. I wouldn't be able to handle any of what all these women are doing by being on this show.

I hear you.  I keep it pretty simple too, besides coming here to chat and connect and see what other folks think.  And I definitely would not be able to handle what these women are up to and have been on this show.  Not at this stage of life.  And, in general, I think it's best not to mock and exploit people with issues and problems--glass houses!  Just that, between you and me (I love your name, by the way), these cast members are raking it in and hoping for snark and impact, I think.  If they don't  create a splash there tends to be a problem for them on the show. 

But I do get your point and think as a rule it's probably best not to confuse any of these tv show characters with actual human beings dealing with various issues and forms of heartache. This show is like that fungal infection one contracts from swimming pool locker rooms -- It's seductive, insidious, and hard to eliminate from the system.  Bravo's gotten the formula down to a science. 

Have to say too that I'm curious to see how Eileen's Super Fans and Super Fans in general react to being likened to out of control, wine throwing Brandi. Super fans tend to show up at the various Soap Opera conventions and such.  She may need to walk her comments back down. 

• Love 5

Eileen should have dropped that necklace in Brandi's wineglass.  At the very least throw it in the trash when she gets home.  It probably has bad voodoo vibes on it.

I just cannot stand Brandi.  She is just too toxic.  Hated to delete WWHL, because I adore Jeff Lewis, but I watch as little of Brandi as I can. 

• Love 3