Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Wining And Dining

• Start Topic

I have no doubt that Brandi would take Eddie back in a heartbeat. She is narcissitic and loved the image he/they projected. Brandi is very shallow and she just wants again to be on the arm of a hot Hollywood actor. Not to mention, and this part I really get, he is the father of her boys. Of course she wishes that family unit stayed together. Note to Brandi though: inviting outside parties into your marital bedroom likely wasn't the best idea to keep your marriage intact.

I also don't believe that Eddie married Leann strictly for money. I think he really fell for her. And it was a bonus that she has money and they can live nicely without worrying.

Brandi is stuck in a bad place now. To save face she will only allow herself to be with an insanely hot AND rich guy. She needs/wants to stick it to Eddie and Leann and show the world that she wins in the end. Unfortunately I don't see a normal, stable guy staying with her for more than a few months. She's just too messed up.

• Love 7

From Eileen's blog:

She threw the wine because she's a fan? I've interacted with literally thousands of fans over the years, and none of them have ever done that to me. Or was the toss more about how my husband and I met? I'm still not sure. I'm confused. Brandi told us all at the time that it was because she is a Days fan, yet during her interview, she said it was also about my husband and me? For someone who doesn't want to be judged and just wants people to move on with their lives, she seems to be a little lacking in both areas.

I think this is well put and spot on. I'm glad that Eileen added that she won't ever be able to trust her now. When Brandi said, "So we're good?" after giving her the necklace I just wanted Brandi to fall into the pool at that point. Yeah, the woman is totally going to be cool with you after you threw wine in her face because you said I'm sawwy and gave her an old necklace.

• Love 12

I hear you. I keep it pretty simple too, besides coming here to chat and connect and see what other folks think. And I definitely would not be able to handle what these women are up to and have been on this show. Not at this stage of life. And, in general, I think it's best not to mock and exploit people with issues and problems--glass houses! Just that, between you and me (I love your name, by the way), these cast members are raking it in and hoping for snark and impact, I think. If they don't create a splash there tends to be a problem for them on the show.

But I do get your point and think as a rule it's probably best not to confuse any of these tv show characters with actual human beings dealing with various issues and forms of heartache. This show is like that fungal infection one contracts from swimming pool locker rooms -- It's seductive, insidious, and hard to eliminate from the system. Bravo's gotten the formula down to a science.

Have to say too that I'm curious to see how Eileen's Super Fans and Super Fans in general react to being likened to out of control, wine throwing Brandi. Super fans tend to show up at the various Soap Opera conventions and such. She may need to walk her comments back down.

Thank you. You're right. I just am really hurting, and it's becoming too hard to watch all this. Living is tough enough.

• Love 6
Have to love Brandi and her "not that I'm the scorned-woman police ..." In the immortal words of Bette Davis, "But you are, Blanche, you are!" snip

I wish she would use another line from Bette Davis, "You're a vile little bitch!"

• Love 4

Have to say too that I'm curious to see how Eileen's Super Fans and Super Fans in general react to being likened to out of control, wine throwing Brandi. Super fans tend to show up at the various Soap Opera conventions and such.  She may need to walk her comments back down. 

In Eileen's defense, she does say in her blog that she has been around many fans and that none of them have ever behaved the way Brandi did.  Honestly, I don't think Eileen was buying the whole "I'm such a fan and got caught up in the moment" crap Brandi was trying to sell.  She just humored her to get the apology over and done.  Based upon Brandi's talking head, the wine throw had nothing to do with being a "fan" of Eileen or DOOL.  It was all about Eileen's infidelity.

ETA:  Ugh, posted before I read Avaleigh's post.  Great minds, I guess. :)

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 3

It's understandable. I just don't respect it or think it's right. But, I'm very sensitive, and I rarely spend time with people. I wouldn't be able to handle any of what all these women are doing by being on this show.

Honestly, I get that. My hackles always go up the moment I hear "crazy!" or any kind of implication of mental disorder.  I've always felt that it is an insult to people who have real disorders and don't behave the way Brandi behaves.  However, I just felt like at that moment, I couldn't blame them entirely.  It did seem as though they were really trying to understand her behavior, as opposed to just trashing her completely.  In a weird way, they seemed to be a bit....kind, I guess?

Me? I think Brandi is just a horrible person.  Sometimes, people are just miserable and feel the need to make everyone else around them miserable.  No mental disorder, just who they are.  

• Love 9

Thank you. You're right. I just am really hurting, and it's becoming too hard to watch all this. Living is tough enough.

Hope you feel better, truly.  Hang in there.  One thing I do like about all these women, past or present, is that they seem intent on getting what they can out of this. That's a good thing.  Being used and chewed up are one thing but these women have found a way to make it work for them ... The ones who are trodden, that is, although who those trodden are really I guess I don't know.  And these boards are a great resource -- even a  place to talk about stuff that's off show. The Cabana or some such.  

Forgot to add that one of several reasons I watch this crap is that I'm always left feeling grateful for the live I have and that situation doesn't always feel swell.  Money, hair, planes, stuff, fancy houses etc etc etc ... There's something really comforting, to me at least, in knowing that I've got my privacy and the considerable comforts of a simple life. 

I also noticed in watching this bilge a second time that Lisa V did really tell Brandi out loud that she didn't think she could be the friend anymore that Brandi wanted her to be.  Lisa said it loud and clear. 

• Love 5

I just don't have the interest to check Brandi's Twitter, but RealityTea says-

After the show Brandi Tweeted,  “People @JLJeffLewis & I were joking!We are good friends !I turned around cuz I couldn’t stop laughing we wanted to fool Andy! #wefooledandy.”

OK, Brandi, so dat means you made a total fool of me cuz I actually kinda/sorta defended you, cuz I thought Jeff Lewis making fun of you having an STD was low of him?  Really, Brandi?  Oy, ya know, I really didn't wanna be part of the Brandi haters, but now I officially am.  Actually, I just wanna ignore Brandi completely, but Satan Andy & the other horrible producers keep fuckin' shoving her at us.  Blech, just blech.

And ya know why else I can't stand ya now, Brandi?  Cuz you're making me agree with Kyle, who I utterly detest.  I can never forgive either you, Brandi, or witchie poo Carlton for making me do dat.

• Love 5

After the show Brandi Tweeted,  “People @JLJeffLewis & I were joking!We are good friends !I turned around cuz I couldn’t stop laughing we wanted to fool Andy! #wefooledandy.”

OK, Brandi, so dat means you made a total fool of me cuz I actually kinda/sorta defended you, cuz I thought Jeff Lewis making fun of you having an STD was low of him?  Really, Brandi?  Oy, ya know, I really didn't wanna be part of the Brandi haters, but now I officially am.  Actually, I just wanna ignore Brandi completely, but Satan Andy & the other horrible producers keep fuckin' shoving her at us.  Blech, just blech.

She is full of crap.  She might have thought it was a joke, but Jeff did not seem to be in on it.  There is no way he was acting.  I think Jeff was out of line, but he may have thought it was okay because they were friends.  I dunno, but no way Jeff was pretending.

And ya know why else I can't stand ya now, Brandi?  Cuz you're making me agree with Kyle, who I utterly detest.  I can never forgive either you, Brandi, or witchie poo Carlton for making me do dat.

Word.

• Love 5
I watched WWH last night and several references were made to what a disaster the show the night before was, which was the Brandi show. Andy even said he had no idea what was happening on that show.

Dang! I didn't DVR it because my husband was watching something and he would have made a comment about me recording that show, which he does not at all understand my watching. But I lurve Jeff Lewis and figured a show with him and Brandi would be a hot mess, but totally amusing.

Does anyone else read this thread title at first glance as "Whining and Dining"?

At first it was "Winning and Dining" which for some reason was even easier to mis-read as "Whining". I hadn't yet watched the episode but Brandi is such a whiner I figured that made sense.

• Love 3

Nicolle Wallace was on WWH and Andy was trying to get her to spill the beans on all the rumors about back stage fighting between Whoopie and Rosie O'Donnell on the View. Nicolle said she thought the two women respected each other and she had watched WWH the night before so she knew Andy would understand how things don't always go smoothly on live tv. Andy said he did understand and the previous night on WWH was a disaster.

• Love 2

And ya know why else I can't stand ya now, Brandi?  Cuz you're making me agree with Kyle, who I utterly detest.  I can never forgive either you, Brandi, or witchie poo Carlton for making me do dat.

Welcome aboard, Scoobs! ;)

• Love 3
There was no evidence that I could see that Brandi was flirting with Babyface...

Normally I would agree with this, but after watching the scene again, I have a different feeling about what went down. I firmly believe that skanky Brandi had crossed the line. But, Babyface asked the crew to make sure the scene didn't make it to air. Babyface seemed very embarrassed at Brandi's behavior. He might have gestured to David that he was uncomfortable with Brandi's behavior and David put Brandi on blast. Another thought is that, Brandi did cross the line somehow, and Babyface asked that the scene be edited out out of respect to his wife. Babyface is not John Doe or Taylor Armstrong. He is somebody. He may have mentioned to the crew he was a guest and didn't expect his wife to be disrespected and doesn't want her to be further embarrassed by having that scene air. TPTB made sure to please him.

To the poster who mentioned how it is disrespectful for Lisa and Eileen to call out Brandi's behavior by calling her "crazy" and whatnot, especially if Brandi is mentally ill, I just want to point out that I don't give a flying fuck about Brandi and what her supposed mental or addiction issues may be. That bitch has had no problem putting others on blast and twisting lies to suit her agenda. Where was Brandi's respect for that poor soul who committed suicide and dared to cause Brandi to be late to a movie premiere two years ago? Brandi had no sympathy or care in the world for that man's poor mental issues. It was all about Brandi. She made it clear that people who commit suicide don't garner sympathy from her, regardless if they have mental issues. With that, I don't give a fuck about Brandi and I welcome the breath of fresh air that Lisa R. and Eileen are bringing to this show. If they call her "crazy" or "whacko", they are being too damn kind and classy because I can list a whole slew of adjectives that would best describe that filthy, scummy, smelling-looking Brandi.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12

IMO what Eddie gets from LeAnn, aside from financial security, is access and exposure. If they do a red carpet, not only will they get photographed, it will probably be published somewhere. Plus swag, hospitality suites - it wouldn't surprise me if he gets comped clothes for public appearances. And keeping in the public eye is key in Hollywood. He's a handsome man so he's got that going for him, but it's out of sight out of mind here -- unless you're married to someone famous. Brandi will never be able to offer him that to the extent that LeAnn can.

• Love 3

Nicolle Wallace was on WWH and Andy was trying to get her to spill the beans on all the rumors about back stage fighting between Whoopie and Rosie O'Donnell on the View. Nicolle said she thought the two women respected each other and she had watched WWH the night before so she knew Andy would understand how things don't always go smoothly on live tv. Andy said he did understand and the previous night on WWH was a disaster.

Thanks for the update.  Maybe Andy can see first hand what a delight it is to have Brandi take the helm of his show and explain how  the show had essentially three minutes of dead air Tuesday night? Brandi's antics of throwing wine and getting drunk and being hideously inappropriate can backfire.  There have been so many instances of Brandi trying to be a comedienne and they have fallen flat you would think Andy would limit his exposure.  One thing that bugs the hell out of me is when Brandi cozies up to a married old men, be it Ken or Andy's dad and treats them like a pet.  Andy should have more respect for his parents.  When she is in the presence of age similar men she then attacks their physical looks or makes barfing noises (Paul and Mauricio) . Vince can expect an attack at anytime.   I am still trying to figure out why Andy had her back on so quickly-we haven't had Kim, Lisar or Eileen on yet. 

• Love 9

I am still trying to figure out why Andy had her back on so quickly-we haven't had Kim, Lisar or Eileen on yet. 

She was in NYC to promote the Celebrity Apprentice premier.  She was killing 2 birds with one stone.  And Andy loves her. 

• Love 2

See I can actually buy Brandi and Eddie being in love and "the one" for each other. This is not a complement. They have both always struck me as immature, narcesestic assholes. I can easily buy that they had a deeply shallow connection that involved lots of high school level game playing and that they loved it! From Leanne's reality show it looked like Eddie is with her for her money and because she is desperate enough to grovel at his feel 24/7. End of story. He barley notices her, let alone loves her. So imagine Brandi and Eddie are going along doing their thing, being in love in the grossest possible way, except Eddie is starting to get it before Brandi. "It" being that they're both rapidly approaching middle age and stardom isn't coming. They aren't likely to ever rise much above the life of a middle class (by BH standards) working actor. There are no private planes and Malibu compounds in the future and Eddie will have to spend the rest of his life making guest appearances on NCIS just to pay for what they have. Now this is actually a great life that most people would love, but Eddie is a greedy, selfish douche (Hey that's why Brandi loves him so) and along comes this golden ticket wrapped up in blond stupid just perfect for Eddue's game and he went for the brass ring. I think from Brandi's point of view it was out of the blue and traumatic. Not the cheating (I'm sure she knew he was cheating), but the leaving. I don't think she expected him to ever actually leave their little love nest of emotional abuse.

I signed up for an account on PreviouslyTV just so I could like this comment. This might be the most spectacular insight I've read online in months about anything.

• Love 4
She was in NYC to promote the Celebrity Apprentice premier.  She was killing 2 birds with one stone.  And Andy loves her.

Yup, and I'm wondering why he luvs her so damn much.  I just figured it's cuz she always tries to get attention & cause conflict & dama, whether she's on the show or off.  So he figures it will always lead to bigger ratings for any of his shows. This is a big part of why Andy digs her so much.  But I bet she's also willing to be a puppet for any fake shit he or the other producers direct her to do.  For all we know, the wine-throwing crap could have been the idea of Satan Andy or one of his sycophants.  And Brandi was merely following orders.

Now don't get me wrong.  Whether she was directed to throw wine at Eileen (and Jeff) or it was her own idea doesn't matter.  She ultimately has to answer for her ridiculous behavior & can't shift the blame to anyone else or babble her usual "I'm not perfect" crapola.  Nobody's gonna buy it anymore.

The big prob for Brandi is she's seeming so freakin' unbalanced & so untrustworthy, who in the fuckety fuck is gonna film anything with her?  Er, it's kinda like trying to trust someone you work with who has screwed you over 8 billion times.  If you're forced to work with someone so untrustworthy, you do it if you have to.  But anyone with an ounce of sense would avoid such a person at all costs.  

Hmmm, I guess that explains why Kim doesn't seem bothered by Brandi.  She's mostly seemed sensible & rather sweet this season.  But when Kim talked about Brandi in her TH in this ep, she was babbling such nonsense, I thought she was hittin' the booze & pills again.  Ah, poor Kim.  You seem like you're doin' well, Kim.  Do yourself a favor, hun & stay the fuck away from Brandi.

I'm still baffled as to why Yo keeps defending Brandi soooo relentlessly.  I bet if the king told her to keep Brandi away from him, Yo would change her tune on Brandi lickety split.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Have to love Brandi and her "not that I'm the scorned-woman police ..."  

Well, love is a strong word.

When she is in the presence of age similar men she then attacks their physical looks or makes barfing noises (Paul and Mauricio) . Vince can expect an attack at anytime.   I am still trying to figure out why Andy had her back on so quickly-we haven't had Kim, Lisar or Eileen on yet. 

She did that to Joyce's husband, Michael, too.  Didn't she call him short and fat?

• Love 11

Well, love is a strong word.

She did that to Joyce's husband, Michael, too.  Didn't she call him short and fat?

She did and I thought Michael was darling and he was over 6'0'.  I think what Brandi resented about Michael is he is rich, powerful, intelligent, adores his wife and would not take any of her nonsense.

• Love 15

I don't know if Brandi has some sort of mental illness.  She may well have but this I know for sure.  Money and fame is an aphrodisiac and she got a taste of both when she married Eddie.  The money went away and the only way to to stay somewhat relevant was to talk about how she was scorned by her husband.  Then she got the 'role' on RHBH.  She has no interesting story.  She has nothing but the story of how her husband left her.  She again got a taste of the money she lost when she and Eddie divorced.  So, in order to keep that money coming in (from the show and the books), she has had to morph herself into keeping relevant.  She does what she thinks will keep her relevant.  She twists and embellishes the truth.  She says the inappropriate.  She does things that 'shock' and crosses lines because her behavior is what is making her money.

Yes, she is that desperate.  What other 'talent' does she have to support herself?  It worked out for her with many viewers (not me) for a while but it starts to get old and people start to see through her.  She can pretend all she wants but it's pretty obvious that she's an unhappy person.  She drinks to get courage and as a coping device.  Yeah, she is 'crazy' in the sense that the word is commonly used.  I'm not offended when others use the word because I understand what they mean.

The viewers as well as the other housewives have become tired of it.  She's just another fame and money whore.  I truly feel sorry for her children, just as I feel sorry for Teresa Guidice's kids.  These are the ones who wind up paying the most for their mother's aphrodisiac.

• Love 9

I knew I forgot to mention something! What the feezy with whipping out some bubblegum jewelry out of your purse with no gift box, gift bag, gift anything to go with it?? It's like Lenny from Good Times who held watches in his coat that he boosted from the store down the street!  "My name is Lenny, if you got any, you ain't worth a penny!" Every time I think this girl can't get any lower.....smh...

I wonder if Brandi gave the gift unwrapped figuring Eileen would have to put it on.  If it was in a box or bag, Eileen could have left it in it.  Of course, Eileen didn't wear it, she palmed it and then maybe tossed or dropped it somewhere.  Scene kinda reminded me of Kyle and evil gift to Carlton nonsense from last season.

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm of the train of thought that Brandi is not mentally ill, nor is she an addict.  In my opinion, though, she is mentally stunted (in that "arrested development" way) at about ...oh age 17. Not to mention a narcissist and an attention whore to the Nth degree.  While she used to make semi-entertaining television, she is now just painful and sad to watch.  I hope that this season is her last. 

Agreed.  I mean, I get that it's sad when your kids leave the nest.  But she is going to be an HOUR away from home.  Um, people who work in NYC and live in Jersey or CT travel upwards of TWO HOURS every day each way just to get between work and home.  Like, get some perspective Kyle.  I could see if she was moving across the country like Gigi and Bella but....an hour?  Yep, Kyle's dramatic waterworks are getting the side-eye from me.

I do, however, agree that Kyle looks really great this season and I love her dogs!  

I agree with the above quote. I don't think that Brandi has any kind of chemical imbalance or mental illness. As far as I know, she is still functional and able to live her life. Do I know for sure? Of course not. I am just adding my personal opinion into the mix. I don't see Brandi as being helpless in her behavior. Instead, I see Brandi as being cunning and doing what works for her. I see a spoiled, immature woman who has been conditioned to believe that she can get away with anything by whining and manipulating her way out of it. Brandi does what she wants when she wants, and blames Eddie, Leann, or being a single mother. I believe that Brandi knew that she shouldn't have thrown a glass of wine at Eileen, but her desire for drama, attention, and relevance trumped Eileen's feelings. The prodding of the producers along with the volatile mix of Xanax and wine may have had something to do with it. (And if Brandi really combines the two like she claims, I'm surprised she remembers half of what she does.)

Poor Eileen. I would've been embarrassed as well. And Brandi uses the incident to further shame Eileen for her "cheating" ten years ago? This may be producer-driven, but I don't think that Eileen was in on it. Brandi apologized only because she felt anxious/nervous at Yolanda's, not out of any concern for Eileen's feelings. This was made clear when she apologized not to Eileen, but for "wasting wine" on WWHL. Pulling a random unwrapped necklace out of her bag was just strange. Is this the way that people apologize in Beverly Hills? I wonder if Eileen will drown it in a cup of holy water.

I certainly don't blame Eileen and Lisa R. for their comments regarding Brandi. I thought that they were more than kind, considering what took place. Eileen handled the incident with true class and was very gracious when accepting Brandi's apology.

Yolanda has gotten passive-aggressive toasting down to an art form. An "A" for effort in trying to make this non-event feud worthy.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with Brandi having sex, talking about it, or writing about it in her book. And I agree with many that Kyle is looking gorgeous!

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 6

I'm all for single women having as much sex as they want. You only live once! But...writing a book about those exploits is icky. That book will be around forever somewhere. It's just so low class but then so is Brandi. I guess it was her only way to make $$ though since there is nothing else interesting about her.

Brandi has and will expose her boys to way too much, too soon and it's sad. I also have to wonder what Gigi and Bella have been exposed to with Mohammed as a father. Shivers.....

• Love 2

I have always found Lisa Rinna to be obnoxious, and I think I still do, but I think I love her after watching the clip on Bravo of her calling Brandi white trash to her face. (I actually cringed when lisa said it in the talking head b/c I don't like that term, but was less bothered when I realized she called Brandi and herself white trash that same night) I loved that she wasn't taking any of Brandis lame excuses and that she was defending Eileen. Not sure why that clip was edited out of the episode.

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Love 3

From Eileen's blog:

I think this is well put and spot on. I'm glad that Eileen added that she won't ever be able to trust her now. When Brandi said, "So we're good?" after giving her the necklace I just wanted Brandi to fall into the pool at that point. Yeah, the woman is totally going to be cool with you after you threw wine in her face because you said I'm sawwy and gave her an old necklace.

Well that does it. Eileen is entirely too rational and intelligent to be on this show,  Brandi is such a loser. "So were good?". Yeah bitch, as soon as you drop dead we're great. I mean you did drag that cheap piece of metal out of the bottom of your purse and hand it to me. How could I possibly stay mad after that?

It never ceases to amaze me how Brandi thinks all she has to do is either offer an excuse, or a phony apology and all will be well. Do people really function like that in real life?

Because I must just be a grudge bearing raging bitch, but you throw wine, or anything else in my face we are just never, ever, going to be friends. If you start throwing out a bunch of  potentially embarrasing stories about me as you did with LIsa, whether they are true or not, you are no longer my friend and never will be again. Period. And if I am angry at one of my sisters, I may say all kinds of things about her, but if you say something awful about  her then guess what? She and I will make up, because blood is thicker than water, and she and I have a history, and I freakin' love her even when I hate her. But I will not forget that you trashed my sister.

Llife is too short to waste your time with toxic people. If it is someone I must occasionally cross paths with, neighbor, co-worker, or friend of a friend, etc. I will be polite. I will say hi, how's it going, can you believe this weather?  But I never, ever forget.          

• Love 15
I certainly don't blame Eileen and Lisa R. for their comments regarding Brandi. I thought that they were more than kind, considering what took place. Eileen handled the incident with true class and was very gracious when accepting Brandi's apology.

"Crazy" is the least offensive word they could have used, in my opinion. In Brandi's case it's like shorthand for "She's a huge mess and dangerous, stay as far from her as possible." I really admired Eileen in the apology scenes. She kept her cool and showed her class, all the while making it clear that she and Brandi won't be pinky swearing anytime soon.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 9

I know Brandi isn't smart but I wonder how she feels about the fact that she is a large part of why viewers want to root for Eileen. Not to take anything away from Eileen being funny, charming, and interesting on her own, she is, but that Brandi has given viewers additional incentive to be pro-Eileen and anti-Brandi.

Even though Brandi received her fair share of criticism from her treatment of Joyce last season I feel like some part of Brandi thinks that she "won" their little feud because she's still on the show and Joyce isn't. Brandi got away with insulting Joyce left and right and seemed to think her behavior was cute. Certain viewers liked lines like "Sochi's calling" and I think there was stuff that people were focusing on with Joyce that unfortunately derailed the criticism and conversation surrounding Brandi's bullying tactics and casual (or some could argue quite blatant) racism.

Brandi should have been eviscerated during that reunion but more attention was paid to other issues instead and IMO it's because producers don't want viewers to hate the "truth cannon" completely because they see her as serving a very necessary function for the show.

I feel like Brandi was threatened by Eileen and that this is what caused her to try to humiliate her just as she tried to humiliate Joyce (and Marissa come to that.) Brandi learned nothing from the Joyce conflict because she felt justified in her behavior and this feeling was validated from people like Yolanda, Lisa, Ken, and even Andy.

It doesn't seem like Andy even thought it was that big of a deal that Brandi made it clear on WWHL that she isn't a bit sorry that she threw the wine on Eileen. He gave her the naughty girl face but seemed more amused than anything else so I thought that was unfortunate.

• Love 10

It seems like it would be pretty easy for the cast (excluding Kim) to ice Brandi out, both at the reunion and next season. They could decide as a cast to not give her any attention, and when required by production to film scenes with her they can present a united front and not give her the satisfaction of a reaction.

Every reaction just solidifies her "career" on this show. Put a stop to it.

The wild card is Yolanda, but a little bit of fence mending by Lisa and Mohammed may help.

• Love 3

It seems like it would be pretty easy for the cast (excluding Kim) to ice Brandi out, both at the reunion and next season.

The wild card is Yolanda, but a little bit of fence mending by Lisa and Mohammed may help.

I agree. But the big but(t) in the room is Andy Cohen.  In his twisted and greedy peabrain, he probably thinks that Housewives are a dime a dozen but there'is only one Brandi Glanville.  And he apparently likes her and knows she's good for rating$.

I'd like to think that if Lisa and Kyle went to Andy and told him that they'll quit if he doesn't ax her but I don't trust that Andy would do such a thing.  And I'm not sure if Kyle or Lisa are willing to take that risk. 

I'd like to see Brandi gone and replaced with another polarizing, yet a lot less so, character.

• Love 2

Well, I'm not sure Andy cares that much about Brandi, but I do think he's not someone who appreciates the ultimatum of firing her or else they'll quit.

Plus, if they quit and they've signed a contract for x amount of years, then they'd be subject to paying a penalty.

That's why a full cast ice-out may be more productive.

• Love 3

I'd like to think that if Lisa and Kyle went to Andy and told him that they'll quit if he doesn't ax her but I don't trust that Andy would do such a thing.  And I'm not sure if Kyle or Lisa are willing to take that risk.

I can just imagine the backlash if Kyle or Lisa did something like that and it worked. Those that hate Kyle would be all about calling her a mean girl bully and those that hate Lisa would be all over her being a manipulative mastermind. The outrage would be so loud that people would probably forget how much they hate Brandi. Or, it would prove Brandi's victimhood. I agree with the above poster that icing Brandi out is probably the safest bet for any of the women. The potential backlash - including threat of lawsuit - would be way too great for either Lisa or Kyle. Not to mention they would both have to deal with being called unprofessional for trying to pull a Jill Zarin and call the shots for production. 

• Love 7

I do think to a certain degree part of the cast is trying to give Brandi the cold shoulder but like a raging case of herpes she is all over anyone that will get her camera time.  At Kyle's BBQ it was uncomfortable her pursuit of Ken and Lisa.  Needless to say the housewarming party and the impromptu pruning of Lisa's tree guaranteed camera time.

I believe Brandi's issue with Eileen is she is boring.  Much like Tamra Barney on RHOC, she and Brandi, because they have no other source of income, have appointed themselves "professional attention whores", and anyone on the show who is underperforming they attack. It serves a duo purpose it gets the attention whore more camera time and the less reactionary HW gets called out for being boring.  Brandi's has tweeted that Eileen is "desperate to stay relevant". 

• Love 3

It seems like it would be pretty easy for the cast (excluding Kim) to ice Brandi out, both at the reunion and next season. They could decide as a cast to not give her any attention, and when required by production to film scenes with her they can present a united front and not give her the satisfaction of a reaction.

Brandi will just throw wine on them when they ignore her so she can be the center of attention again.  That's what she did to Eileen.  Eileen wasn't even talking to her when Brandi threw the wine.  Eileen and Lisa R. were taking, Eileen was turned away from Brandi, and Brandi kept mumbling under her breath how she wanted to throw wine at Eileen.  Finally, she threw it and then all attention flipped back to Brandi.

Or, as zoeysmom said, Brandi would chase you around at parties and rip branches off your tree or ask to lick your pussy.  Anything for camera time and a reaction.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 9

I do think to a certain degree part of the cast is trying to give Brandi the cold shoulder but like a raging case of herpes she is all over anyone that will get her camera time.  At Kyle's BBQ it was uncomfortable her pursuit of Ken and Lisa.  Needless to say the housewarming party and the impromptu pruning of Lisa's tree guaranteed camera time.

I believe Brandi's issue with Eileen is she is boring.  Much like Tamra Barney on RHOC, she and Brandi, because they have no other source of income, have appointed themselves "professional attention whores", and anyone on the show who is underperforming they attack. It serves a duo purpose it gets the attention whore more camera time and the less reactionary HW gets called out for being boring.  Brandi's has tweeted that Eileen is "desperate to stay relevant". 

I could totally buy this. But, I don't think even Tamra directly attacked on the first meeting. Even with Gretchen, Tamra pretended to be her friend to her face while trashing her behind her back. She didn't stage a frontal attack until she had ammunition. Gretchen didn't even find out the degree to which Tamra hated her until sometime after filming and Tamra came at her full force at the reunion.

I never thought I would ever say this, but maybe Brandi should take some pointers from Tamra on the best way to be the show's number 1 shit stirrer.

• Love 2

2.  Isn't that unhygienic?

Do you mean it's unhygienic to have a walk-in refrigerator or that it's unhygienic to have Lisa R. in it? I kid! (I think...)

3.  I'd be sort of annoyed if my significant other shrugged off a wacko throwing wine in my face.

For me it's about context and location. He had cameras on him so ranting and raving about Brandi wasn't going to do anything other than provide Bravo with a nice bit of drama. It seems clear that Eileen isn't really looking to stoop down to Brandi's level which is why she accepted the apology at the party and moved on, saving her thoughts for Lisa R. and her TH. Her husband followed suit. They are either more savvy or have more self-restraint or both. Not giving Brandi your time or emotional energy is the best way to combat her so I did find her husband's response perfect given that.

• Love 7

I do think to a certain degree part of the cast is trying to give Brandi the cold shoulder but like a raging case of herpes she is all over anyone that will get her camera time. At Kyle's BBQ it was uncomfortable her pursuit of Ken and Lisa. Needless to say the housewarming party and the impromptu pruning of Lisa's tree guaranteed camera time.

I believe Brandi's issue with Eileen is she is boring. Much like Tamra Barney on RHOC, she and Brandi, because they have no other source of income, have appointed themselves "professional attention whores", and anyone on the show who is underperforming they attack. It serves a duo purpose it gets the attention whore more camera time and the less reactionary HW gets called out for being boring. Brandi's has tweeted that Eileen is "desperate to stay relevant".

Well I did see on a link posted here , where Brandi says Elieen is boring and wears weird shoes. How is that for a well thought out critique ? Have you heard the expression when you only have a hammer you see the whole world as a nail? Well Brandi only has being a drunken lunatic on her resume so that's what she brings, over and over again ad neasum. She has nothing else to bring to the table.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 3

Brandi will just throw wine on them when they ignore her so she can be the center of attention again.  That's what she did to Eileen.  Eileen wasn't even talking to her when Brandi threw the wine.  Eileen and Lisa R. were taking, Eileen was turned away from Brandi, and Brandi kept mumbling under her breath how she wanted to throw wine at Eileen.  Finally, she threw it and then all attention flipped back to Brandi.

Oh, I'm convinced that Brandi was planning the wine throw all along. She really wanted Eileen to get into her Days character so she could role play with her and planned to throw the wine during "the act", but since Eileen didn't take the bait Brandi threw wine on her anyway.

Yes, Brandi got a two-fer -- the attention and humiliating Eileen. Mission accomplished. However, now that everyone's onto her they can show her the door by not playing into her nonsense.

It can be done.

• Love 9

Really?? That was her mantra about Joyce last season. She's said the same thing about Camille, Adrienne and Taylor. Projection, much?

For me it's about context and location. [Vincent Van Patten] had cameras on him so ranting and raving about Brandi wasn't going to do anything other than provide Bravo with a nice bit of drama. It seems clear that Eileen isn't really looking to stoop down to Brandi's level which is why she accepted the apology at the party and moved on, saving her thoughts for Lisa R. and her TH. Her husband followed suit. They are either more savvy or have more self-restraint or both. Not giving Brandi your time or emotional energy is the best way to combat her so I did find her husband's response perfect given that.

Plus if he has any awareness of past seasons he knows that Brandi is particularly fond of playing the card that the big mean, man is treating her dainty, single mother self badly and that's so unfair, x-ref Mauricio, Paul Nassif and Michael Ohoven.
  • Love 11

I know Brandi isn't smart but I wonder how she feels about the fact that she is a large part of why viewers want to root for Eileen. Not to take anything away from Eileen being funny, charming, and interesting on her own, she is, but that Brandi has given viewers additional incentive to be pro-Eileen and anti-Brandi.

Even though Brandi received her fair share of criticism from her treatment of Joyce last season I feel like some part of Brandi thinks that she "won" their little feud because she's still on the show and Joyce isn't. Brandi got away with insulting Joyce left and right and seemed to think her behavior was cute. Certain viewers liked lines like "Sochi's calling" and I think there was stuff that people were focusing on with Joyce that unfortunately derailed the criticism and conversation surrounding Brandi's bullying tactics and casual (or some could argue quite blatant) racism.

Brandi should have been eviscerated during that reunion but more attention was paid to other issues instead and IMO it's because producers don't want viewers to hate the "truth cannon" completely because they see her as serving a very necessary function for the show.

I feel like Brandi was threatened by Eileen and that this is what caused her to try to humiliate her just as she tried to humiliate Joyce (and Marissa come to that.) Brandi learned nothing from the Joyce conflict because she felt justified in her behavior and this feeling was validated from people like Yolanda, Lisa, Ken, and even Andy.

It doesn't seem like Andy even thought it was that big of a deal that Brandi made it clear on WWHL that she isn't a bit sorry that she threw the wine on Eileen. He gave her the naughty girl face but seemed more amused than anything else so I thought that was unfortunate.

Get out of my head;)

I agree with this whole post. Very well said.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

And regarding Kim applauding Brandi for apologizing to Eileen -- of course to Kim, Brandi has really grown as a person because Kim doesn't apologize for anything -- with or without a piece of crap necklace.

• Love 9

I could totally buy this. But, I don't think even Tamra directly attacked on the first meeting. Even with Gretchen, Tamra pretended to be her friend to her face while trashing her behind her back. She didn't stage a frontal attack until she had ammunition. Gretchen didn't even find out the degree to which Tamra hated her until sometime after filming and Tamra came at her full force at the reunion.

I never thought I would ever say this, but maybe Brandi should take some pointers from Tamra on the best way to be the show's number 1 shit stirrer.

Tamra had a bad year last year.  She got caught one too many times holding the spoon in the pot.  Tamra needs to go back to ShitStirringUniv for some refresher courses.  Tamra got beat by a rookie, Shannon and the veteran sat back and became the "voice of reason".   

I think Brandi is trying to ensure that Eileen doesn't become RHOBH's Shannon.

• Love 6

I wish Eileen had refused the necklace if only because you know Brandi is THAT.GIRL who will follow her around and complain that she's not wearing it every time she sees her.

ETA: I think Alexia is going to college in Arizona, so no, not an hour away. Not far by plane, sure, but she's not going down the road on the 405.

Edited by rubyred
  • Love 1

Oh, I'm convinced that Brandi was planning the wine throw all along. She really wanted Eileen to get into her Days character so she could role play with her and planned to throw the wine during "the act", but since Eileen didn't take the bait Brandi threw wine on her anyway.

Yes, Brandi got a two-fer -- the attention and humiliating Eileen. Mission accomplished. However, now that everyone's onto her they can show her the door by not playing into her nonsense.

It can be done.

msblossom -- That's how I read it too.  She would have figured out a way and a reason to throw the wine in ED's face regardless.   The other ladies may not care for Brandi anymore but they know they need her on the show given the way Bravo now presents all of these HWs shows.  Every franchise has its own whacko, crazy making, rabble rousing vixen -- Brandi just happens to be BH's.  Without one I get the feeling the network doesn't think these programs can survive. 

• Love 3

Really?? That was her mantra about Joyce last season. She's said the same thing about Camille, Adrienne and Taylor. Projection, much?

Plus if he has any awareness of past seasons he knows that Brandi is particularly fond of playing the card that the big mean, man is treating her dainty, single mother self badly and that's so unfair, x-ref Mauricio, Paul Nassif and Michael Ohoven.

IMO Brandi always leads with her sexuality and she just can't conceive that all the guys are not falling for her or want/desire to be with her .

She plays her card way too many times and if a guy doesn't care for her then she immidiately goes in attack mode.

Paul Nassif didn't fall for it and he was on point when he treated her like he did after she revealed a secret that affected his children, he might have made up with her just to spite Adrienne but after that they have remain cordially distant. Mauricio had the gall to confront her about the lawsuit and stated that she deserved it if that was the case for revealing information that was private, Brandi would have loved for Mauricio to flirt with her and "protect" her but Mauricio has always kept his distance with Brandi, even when Kyle was trying to move forward with her. Brandi wept about who she was defenseless and single as if that made any difference. Michael Ohoven dared to defend his wife and didn't let Brandi railroad her in his presence so she went for the yugular by attacking his looks and weight. Another one who didn't fall for her poor dansel in distress act.  

The one who was dumb enough was Ken, he really seemed to enjoy the attention that Brandi paid to him, even when he looked like a fool. David doesn't seem confortable around Brandi so I am positive that he will not be the new Ken.

I am curious about how Brandi's relations with VVP and HH are going to develop.

• Love 6