Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

A co-worker and I were discussing What Not To Wear and I was telling her that almost all of the clothing gets tailored, like Stacy and Clinton recommend, which is why everything looks so good at the end of the show. She then proceeded to tell me about a friend of hers who is a larger size but always looks amazing because she gets everything tailored, even her jeans.There was an article where Jennifer Aniston says she even gets her t-shirts altered to fit perfectly. 

It really is worth the $.  I have had stuff tailored before and it fit so well!  They really need to bring that show back.  I never had a game plan when I shopped for clothes and never had exactly what I needed.  Once I started watching that show it helped get me focused on what I need and to branch out in color and style.  I always make a list after cleaning out my closet of what I need and it has helped tremendously.  I have heard Stacy and Clinton don't get along but someone needs to flash some $ at them and bring them back.  

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It really is worth the $.  I have had stuff tailored before and it fit so well!  They really need to bring that show back.  I never had a game plan when I shopped for clothes and never had exactly what I needed.  Once I started watching that show it helped get me focused on what I need and to branch out in color and style.  I always make a list after cleaning out my closet of what I need and it has helped tremendously.  I have heard Stacy and Clinton don't get along but someone needs to flash some $ at them and bring them back.  

If you saw some of the Qrap that CK hawks or has hawked on QVC, you would run, not walk, away from any advice of his.  (Epitome of do as I say, not as I line my pockets)  As for Stacy, I mostly liked her, though I thought she was a little too mean-girl.  I can totally believe that they didn't have much to do with each other outside of filming.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
Needed 2 tries to get it right.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Not digging Dorinda's hair.

Me neither.  But I am also ready for Dorinda to leave the show and never come back.  I used to like Carole although I thought she was incredibly boring.  Now I am glad her boring ass is gone.

• Love 7

Mother of dragons? Shut up Bethenny. Don't you dare ruin Game of Thrones with your self aggrandizing. You're not Daenerys who is trying to break the system. Bethenny is addicted to drunken sniping and conflict. Bitch, you are fucking Cersei Lannister if you are anyone. Poisonous, loyal to no one, and content to burn this franchise down.

Hell, they're all Cersei Lannister and the Mad King.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 18
46 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Mother of dragons? Shut up Bethenny. Don't you dare ruin Game of Thrones with your self aggrandizing. You're not Daenerys who is trying to break the system. Bethenny is addicted to drunken sniping and conflict. Bitch, you are fucking Cersei Lannister if you are anyone. Poisonous, loyal to no one, and content to burn this franchise down.

Bethenny is more the Shame Nun:

CrO3lgAUkAAOj3e.jpg

Or this guy:

CsWutO7VMAAxYhX.jpg

• Love 12

I don't know if anyone here watches Crazy Ex-girlfriend. There is a song from the first season that I think is so fitting for Housewives.

Like they ALL think they are so right, but fail to realize that their selfishness and toxicity is the cause of most of their issues with people.

• Love 6

How is the reunion still three parts without Luann? Her s/l was a good chunk of the season.

Not digging Dorinda's hair.

Me, neither, but I'm totally digging Sonja's.

Poor little Bethy, has to have her daddy take up for her.

Carole has quite the restraint, because if Skinnytwat shoved a phone in my face, said phone would be on the floor with a stiletto stuck in it.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, jaync said:

Poor little Bethy, has to have her daddy take up for her.

Carole has quite the restraint, because if Skinnytwat shoved a phone in my face, said phone would be on the floor with a stiletto stuck in it.

Meh, I’ll wait for the unedited version.  If he told her to let B answer 10 times then I’m okay with him going off on her.  He’s done it at other reunions as well.  Same with Carole having restraint, I’ll wait to see it in context.  Remember Carole after the election?  Cuz I happened to not vote for Trump too but I still wanted her to STFU and would have shoved more than a phone in her face.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

gain, why was Ramona wanting to change couches? If she said why, I sure didn’t hear it.

She was running to get to her seat and one of her boobs hit her in the face and she had a bruise.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Again, why was Ramona wanting to change couches? If she said why, I sure didn’t hear it.

She had a bruise on her face that was still visible on camera underneath her makeup.

1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

I refuse to have anything to do with GOT and I have no idea what you said but I agree 100% all of it, especially the part I did understand, Shut up Bethenny.

Basically GoT is a fictionalized version of the War of the Roses. They have various noble families jockeying for power and to become the ruler of this fictional country, Westeros. At this point in the series, nearly every eligible male noble is dead so it's the female nobles sniping, fighting, and murdering each other to become queen. Cersei is known for her wine, thinks she's the smartest person in the room, and has ruined her children with her selfishness.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I refuse to have anything to do with GOT and I have no idea what you said but I agree 100% all of it, especially the part I did understand, Shut up Bethenny.

Liked all the dresses except for Sonja's, go up a size woman. Liked b's dress if someone else had worn it, someone who was softer, kinder, had a better boob job and a bit more weight on their body. They all look pretty bad during the makeup sessions, unfiltered indeed is harsh. 

If you give it a try you might like it. I had reservations but I am hooked! Strong females, handsome men, gorgeous costumes and most important of all a great story.

41 minutes ago, jaync said:

Me, neither, but I'm totally digging Sonja's.

Me too, I love that over the top '60's bouffant hair. 

• Love 5

He’s done it at other reunions as well. 

But he's never told his pet to shut up, and she's always talking over others at the reunions. Hell, he's practically let her co-host.

Same with Carole having restraint, I’ll wait to see it in context.

Cool, but seeing Beth rage and tower over Carole is all I need to see. If she needed to make a point about texts or whatever, then she could've just as easily done so while keeping her bony ass seated.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Again, why was Ramona wanting to change couches? If she said why, I sure didn’t hear it.

If it’s anything other than sublimely ridiculous I’m going to be disappointed.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Because she had a bruise on her cheek that was showing up on camera.

She did not say what the bruise was from but my guess is an ill timed cosmetic procedure.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Wonder how Ramona got a bruise on her face? Falling down drunk?

Have you seen (in another thread) the Ramona photo checklist: she is almost always 3/4 view shot from her right side. The original seating would have had her being shot from the left. She's such a control freak I could see her having her team create a prosthetic injury thereby necessitating she be on the sofa where she is shot (in her perception) from her "good" angle. Yes, it's a stretch but then this is Ramona . . . 

This isn't the check list but on page 23 of Moaner's thread there are some images that show what I mean:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/835-ramona-singer-the-turtle-time-walk-of-shame/?page=23

Edited by SCS
kinky linky
  • Love 3
On 8/11/2018 at 1:53 PM, film noire said:

I love high waisted trousers; so glam.  I think Hepburn wore them best (and throughout her life) but many wore them well -- both Joan Bennet and Lisa von Cramm (German socialite) look stunning in them, I think -- and if she had reversed the colours (dark pants/light top) Carole would've looked elegant as well, imo.

trousers ginger.jpg

lisa von cramm.jpg

carole.jpg

Aw, now you’re all making me sad. These trousers are in my Top Designs I Love That Look LIke Crap On Me list. I’m a touch too short and curvy. To get them to fit in the thighs and the waist at the same time throws off the proportion on me and ends up making me like short and squat. Lots of billowy fabric looks often do that to me. Live and learn, maturity is knowing when a look just isn’t for you. But swoon, these, the classic Halston 1970s dress (I have to forgo anything that can’t include undergarments), and a 1920s flapper dress...oh how I dream.

I don’t like Carole, but I do appreciate she gets daring with fashion. I’m such a fashion girl myself and so many of the housewives aren’t very creative about clothes. It’s nice to see someone who has that model-like build take advantage of it to try some kooky stuff. I usually don’t think she pulls it off, but at least she tries.

• Love 6

i actually really like B’s dress. The only two dresses I just don’t care For are Tinsley’s because it looks like a costume and carol’s because it looks like she’s trussed up.

• Love 5
On 8/15/2018 at 3:33 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Do these high waisted pants look good on a petite person or do they overwhelm them? I’m assuming one wears them with heels of some sort. 

I’ve seen them on more petite people (like 5’4” or so) and it look good.  I think a lot comes down to your proportions (and yes, wear a heel).  If you have a long torso then I think it works better than someone with a short torso.  I have a short torso and I’m 5’10” so I just look like someone’s grandpa with their pants tucked up in their armpits if I try to wear high waisted stuff.  When I sit down, I swear that my boobs are on the waistband (and it isn’t gravity being mean to me!). 

Just watched the reunion preview...  Ugh. I hate Sonja’s hairstyle. Not a fan of Dorinda’s either. It will be interesting to see how it goes. Andy does get irritated when they all start shouting at each other and not letting people answer questions so I figure his minor blow up is due to that. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The only response I can make to this fabulous post:

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

Watching clips of the reunion on YouTube, it looks like the sloppiest coordinated takedown effort I've seen on these shows, which is disappointing for a lot of reasons. If Carole was the mastermind, and I'm assuming she was...she's terrible at this, which she'd probably see as a badge of honor. 

The clips and preview do make me wish she'd stuck around and Bethenny had left. It'd be interesting to see how long her little alliance could last. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Ramona’s goes after Bethenny in reunion clip - and Andy sticks up for her, as usual...

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/16/ramona-singer-thinks-bethenny-was-opportunistic-at-bobby-zarins-funeral/

Andy: "Good, and I'm glad she did,  I wanted to see that".

That was his takeaway from Bobby's funeral.  So disrespectful.

Made me want to vomit. What a fucking asshole. 

I honestly hate him.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Made me want to vomit. What a fucking asshole. 

I honestly hate him.

Andy and Bethenny seem to share a certain brand of scumbaggery.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Andy and Bethenny seem to share a certain brand of scumbaggery.

They are sickening in their desire for being "celebrity".

So gross.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Comments like that make me think Jill might be back at least a friend next season. 

I wouldn’t be surprised. Jill wanted the Bravo cameras at Bobby’s funeral? She sooooooo wants back on this show.

My prediction: Jill is back full time and LuAnn, for the rehab stunt and Megan Kelly interview, gets demoted to “friend of.”

• Love 9

I think Carole, Dorinda and Ramona are pretty resentful of Bethenny but Carole is the only one articulating it well. Ramona gets into her histrionics and the argument is lost before its started. Dorinda I understand being annoyed about the Nutcracker but that's not her primary issue with Bethenny.

I think the most irritating part of the previews is listening to Bethenny talk about attending Bobby's funeral like she's accepting an award.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

I think Carole, Dorinda and Ramona are pretty resentful of Bethenny but Carole is the only one articulating it well. Ramona gets into her histrionics and the argument is lost before its started. Dorinda I understand being annoyed about the Nutcracker but that's not her primary issue with Bethenny.

I think the most irritating part of the previews is listening to Bethenny talk about attending Bobby's funeral like she's accepting an award.

I think Ramona is straight up jealous of Bethenny, and it manifests with outward dislike.  Carole initially found some comraderie with her, and then that evolved (or devolved, depending on your bent) into mostly apathy.  It's that apathy that triggers Bethenny imo.  It's hard to judge Dorinda's issue with Bethenny for me.  I think their agendas are perhaps similar; wanting to control the narrative and be recognized for all things good.  Dorinda doesn't like Beth's delivery system.

That'll be 5 cents please.

lucy the doctor is in.jpg

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Carole initially found some comraderie with her, and then that evolved (or devolved, depending on your bent) into mostly apathy.  It's that apathy that triggers Bethenny imo. 

That'll be 5 cents please.

lucy the doctor is in.jpg

True - Carole’s love or Carole’s distress would both work - almost anything but apathy.

Love your Lucy pic!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3

Great reunion clip!   

Jill obviously wanted Bravo and the cameras at Bobby's funeral or she wouldn't have called to invite them. According to Andy, Bravo wanted to film Bethenny and Jill talking and Bethenny accommodated them.  Ramona and Dorinda sounded like they were annoyed at Bravo for not being consulted (or filmed). 

And then there was Carole.  She said nothing and just sat there with a puss on.   I want to know why and I hope we find out at the reunion. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Reminds me of this...

HA! That makes me think of a close family friend, a very successful psychiatrist with zero awareness of her own passive-aggressive approach toward people she’s jealous of or threatened by - cracks us up to watch her in action.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I hope (if the rumours about him being a sexual harasser are true) that Cohen ends up in the trash can of media history asap.

My WTF moment in that clip: Ramona and Dorinda saying they would've liked to have been told the cameras would be recording, and then this gem from Bethenny:  "It was none of your business... (cross talk) They were there to film me."  

Bobby's funeral = Bethenny's photo-op. So lost in herself, even a dead man can't stop her from finding the camera...."I'm ready for my close-up, Mr DeMille..."

gloria.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I think Ramona is straight up jealous of Bethenny, and it manifests with outward dislike.  Carole initially found some comraderie with her, and then that evolved (or devolved, depending on your bent) into mostly apathy.  It's that apathy that triggers Bethenny imo.  It's hard to judge Dorinda's issue with Bethenny for me.  I think their agendas are perhaps similar; wanting to control the narrative and be recognized for all things good.  Dorinda doesn't like Beth's delivery system.

I truly believe Ramona is so taken with herself she doesn't understand feelings of jealousy. I DO think she's openly resentful of Bethenny, who was able to return to RH to promote her business and get another spinoff without having to show much of an interior life. And I do think Carole tried to use apathy as a tool - I really think she was done with Bethenny but tried to make her reflections with other cast members seem like she wanted some sort of reconciliation.

Dorinda, to me, has absolutely had it with Sonja, Lu and Bethenny. Sonja's delusions of grandeur would absolutely make me snap in two if I had to deal with her IRL. Luann received support from Dorinda on the show when the cast pretended that Lu believed herself to be a recovering alcoholic; Lu repaid Dorinda by admonishing Dorinda's behavior in Colombia. Bethenny went out drinking with Dorinda, sent Dorinda to her room then invited her out for dinner. While Dorinda is responsible for her own behavior, Bethenny seemed to seriously enjoy telling her how much of a drunk Dorinda was. I also think Dorinda likes to be recognized for the kind things she does, like making a big fuss for everyone at Christmas. What does Bethenny do? States that her skinnygirl Christmas parties are now a "tradition" and that she puts the B in Berkshires. It's like she cannot allow anyone to have one thing they're good at (unless she needs an ally; in that case Luann is a Broadway-level star and Sonja is Donna Karan).

**I may actually need another session at your booth @SuprSuprElevated because clearly I am off the rails with how much I thought I give these people** 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, film noire said:

I hope (if the rumours about him being a sexual harasser are true) that Cohen ends up in the trash can of media history asap.

My WTF moment in that clip: Ramona and Dorinda saying they would've liked to have been told the cameras would be recording, and then this gem from Bethenny:  "It was none of your business... (cross talk) They were there to film me."  

Bobby's funeral = Bethenny's photo-op. So lost in herself, even a dead man can't stop her from finding the camera...."I'm ready for my close-up, Mr DeMille..."

gloria.jpg

Really. That part of the clip is just horrible! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, film noire said:

A good friend of mine worked on Bethenny's talk show with her and also worked at Bravo with Andy when he was on his way up (they still see each other socially and I've seen Andy in his Insta stories)

He loved working with Bethenny and (I think I've mentioned before) she worked her ass off to get him and the other crew members new jobs quickly when her show got canned. I asked him for his thoughts on Andy and, while he personally didn't have much to say about the sexual harassment rumors, he said these words when describing him: "Brutal." "Cut throat." "Don't fuck with him." He also said he wouldn't work with him again in a million years.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Really. That part of the clip is just horrible! 

I didn't think so.  I loved it!

Bravo and Jill set it up and Bethenny did her job.    It had nothing to do with Ramona.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Wow, I had no idea that BF posted that.  Not sure how I missed it, as I do follow her on Instagram. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What does that last part with all of the symbols mean? Am I the only one who doesn’t understand what this means and why you post them?