Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

Why would Tinsley have to be out if this woman joins the cast?

Interesting how Jill Zarin was mentioned in the article. Hmmm ...... might have answered my first question.

So Ramona is the ‘one’ rumored to be trying to get rid of Tinsley. 

We’ve already seen Sonja fall off a horse.  Wasn’t nearly as exciting as LuLu on a camel.  

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Since it’s basically a rehash of Sonja’s complaints that started almost the second Tinsley joined the show I can’t imagine it would help secure anything. 

Except that ‘their fight’ article includes the Shahs, Dallas, whatever show Kelly Dodd is on, and Bravo plus RHONY.  

Storylines are not exactly original among the shows.  There is probably something about the number of ‘clicks’ in their contracts.  

I don’t know  🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Ellee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

That "fight" does feel a little staged. I mean how long ago did Tinsley move out? Say thank you for the housekeeper?

Those pics - Sonja is looking pretty rough. These women all need to lay off the booze. They put so much money and effort into looking youthful, which hey, all the power to them, me too. But then they undo all that work with so much alcohol. Puffy, bloated, all that dehydrating of the skin, the way it effects a good night's sleep and recovery, the extra empty calories. For a woman so determined to look young, alcohol is not her friend. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Ellee said:

Except that ‘their fight’ article includes the Shahs, Dallas, whatever show Kelly Dodd is on, and Bravo plus RHONY.  

Because they were all drunk in a van coming from the Bravo pride float. It’s not like they were filming for the show l, Kelly filmed it and put it on Insta because she is messy and loves drama.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, divsc said:

That "fight" does feel a little staged. I mean how long ago did Tinsley move out? Say thank you for the housekeeper?

Those pics - Sonja is looking pretty rough. These women all need to lay off the booze. They put so much money and effort into looking youthful, which hey, all the power to them, me too. But then they undo all that work with so much alcohol. Puffy, bloated, all that dehydrating of the skin, the way it effects a good night's sleep and recovery, the extra empty calories. For a woman so determined to look young, alcohol is not her friend. 

For all they do to 'look' young, I think their excessive drinking on the show may have more to do with 'feeling' young. I often get that same impression when I watch the OC women get excessively drunk and run around looking like grown fools.

• Love 4
On 7/1/2019 at 6:58 AM, divsc said:

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/01/potential-new-rhony-cast-members-deal-contingent-on-horses/?_ga=2.268989938.263081656.1560300211-1292344417.1555990657

We’re told veteran cast member Ramona Singer is trying to convince top horse owner Sheila Rosenblum to join the cast — hoping that she’ll replace rookie Tinsley Mortimer. But apparently there’s some horse trading going on.

Interesting article.  They need to do something to jazz this show up.  

I was struck at Teresa's picture at the bottom of that article.  She used to be kinda cute but man she effed up her face.

18 hours ago, Ellee said:

https://allaboutthetea.com/2019/07/01/sonja-morgan-and-tinsley-mortimer-fight/

So what do you think?  

A real fight?  Staged fight to get their Apples?

That was my 1st thought

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

If they wanted to stage a fight for relevancy, why not pick something new and low risk? How are they still having this fight over a year later?

No one was available to write their script???  They were lucky Kelly Dodd was filling in as the camera woman. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Did Ramona sell her business? Does she work at all anymore? She never talks about working, owning her own business, having her own money like she used to do all of the time.

• Love 2
On 7/1/2019 at 8:58 AM, divsc said:

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/01/potential-new-rhony-cast-members-deal-contingent-on-horses/?_ga=2.268989938.263081656.1560300211-1292344417.1555990657

We’re told veteran cast member Ramona Singer is trying to convince top horse owner Sheila Rosenblum to join the cast — hoping that she’ll replace rookie Tinsley Mortimer. But apparently there’s some horse trading going on.

Ramona only wants Sheila in the cast so she, Ramona, can social climb and hunt for men on Bravo's dime. Horse racing people have money. Ramona was pissed that Bethenny introduced that 60 year old guy in Miami to Tinsley and not Ramona even though Ramona already had her rum guy and Mario there. All of these women are single, except for Dorinda, and I think Ramona is trying to eliminate Tinsley as younger competition.*

*Bethenny is with Paul now , but she seems to cycle rapidly between guys. Who knows how long she'll stay with him.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is both pathetic and hilarious. 

Unsurprisingly, it was a polo match. In trying to not come across like the vain bossy tacky cow that she is, Ramona came across like a vain bossy tacky cow. I also think she's trying to stealthily move filming from fall and winter to spring and summer by adding Sheila.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Did Ramona sell her business? Does she work at all anymore? She never talks about working, owning her own business, having her own money like she used to do all of the time.

Seemed to me like no one was advertising like they have in the past.  The shows used to be one long advertising plug.  Well except for Lu and her Cabaret.  That was front and center. 

If that’s true, I would think that was a conscious decision.  Makes me wonder if Bethenny was really trying to sell Skinnygirl.  

(edited)

Did anyone watch the new episode of "unseen footage" that was on last night?  I have it on my DVR but didn't know if it was worth watching. My cable guide actually listed two of them and my DVR recorded both. One was at 8pm and the other at 9.

Edited by AnnA
23 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

It was the Bethenny breakdown ep with added captions/tidbits from the women and producers. 

Thanks.   I thought it was more than that.   They did a good one on BH  last year or the year before.  It turned out to be the best episode of an awful season. 

I sometimes listen to Radio Andy on Sirius.  The day after the Emmy award nominations were announced, Andy was very upset that the RHONY wasn't nominated for best candid reality show.  Seriously upset.

I like Andy (on the radio, not at the reunions) but I couldn't believe my ears.  He's seriously deluded.  There was a time  when such a nomination might have made sense (the show was somewhat novel early on) but these days?  Don't think so. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

My hubby was listening to Howard Stern earlier this week.  Howard said that Bravo approached his wife, Beth, to be on RHONY.

She declined.

Howard is an extremely private person and could never sanction this kind of exposure.  She might've been a good addition as she's very involved in North Shore Animal League and animal rescue.  The story line might've been too similar to VanderPump Dogs, but in any case, no, it's not happening.  But Howard says Beth was asked.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

So I'm just gonna leave this right here

Who is financing this little vanity project? In any case, it's far better than any track Luann has ever sung. 

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 9:48 PM, Rahul said:

Who is financing this little vanity project? In any case, it's far better than any track Luann has ever sung. 

Fiber One. Honestly, the song is a bop and much better than Luann's entire catalogue.

I've said before that Bravo needs to put all of these women together and tour them. Bravo's Barely Talented. Bravo's Got Talent? The question mark is intentional. There are a lot of Bravolebrities with 2 or 3 songs, but not an album. I think it would be a really fun tour. If the Countess and Friends tours and makes money, an all Bravo tour could too. Heck, the Try Guys have a 20 city tour.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Rahul said:

I liked it until I realized it was actually a commercial for Fiber One =(

Just leave it as a parody music video and it would have been fun but to try and shell out lousy diet bars at the end doesn't make any sense.  What the fudge does that video have to do with Fiber One bars?  I don't see the connection....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Rahul said:

Seriously.  Maybe the bar is super low, like LOW LOW, but way better than anything produced by or for the Countess.

2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I liked it until I realized it was actually a commercial for Fiber One =(

Just leave it as a parody music video and it would have been fun but to try and shell out lousy diet bars at the end doesn't make any sense.  What the fudge does that video have to do with Fiber One bars?  I don't see the connection....

That to ME makes it even funnier.  A commercial is head and shoulders better than the serious attempt by Lu.  That would sting a bit.

• Love 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I liked it! Is there something wrong with me? Melissa Gorga (if that’s who that is, on the far left of the above photo) is cute and charismatic.

Shouldn’t Sonja be promoting air conditioning, rather than Fiber One?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Ugh, no thanks, hard pass

Hard pass for me too.  And why in the world would Wendy want to do a RH show?!  She's got to be loaded and has her own thing going on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 7/29/2019 at 9:11 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Here. For. It! That was more fun than I was expecting, I actually enjoyed it, even as a Fiber One ad, LOL. The Bravolebrity tour/album idea is great, to whoever said that because I’ve already forgotten, LOL. (ETA: Great idea, @HunterHunted!)

Edited by link417
  • Love 6
On 7/1/2019 at 2:10 PM, Ellee said:

Why would Tinsley have to be out if this woman joins the cast?

That’s what I don’t get...we know Barbara isn’t coming back (just a hunch) why wouldn’t she take her place?

What about Lu?  IMO, if they are going to ditch someone, she should go.  She needs some privacy if she wants to be successful getting herself back together.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 2
On 7/5/2019 at 2:39 AM, HunterHunted said:

Unsurprisingly, it was a polo match. In trying to not come across like the vain bossy tacky cow that she is, Ramona came across like a vain bossy tacky cow. I also think she's trying to stealthily move filming from fall and winter to spring and summer by adding Sheila.

While I agree, she does absolutely come across like a tacky cow, the fact that NYT uses this as a gotcha headline is even more pathetic.  

Note the reference also to Devorah Rose, Tinsley’s enemy from her earlier reality show!  Don’t know how anyone takes her seriously.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

While I agree, she does absolutely come across like a tacky cow, the fact that NYT uses this as a gotcha headline is even more pathetic.  

Note the reference also to Devorah Rose, Tinsley’s enemy from her earlier reality show!  Don’t know how anyone takes her seriously.

Headlines are headlines. They've always been kind of clickbait-y. Headlines aren't written by the writers of the articles. Ramona should be no more exempt from this treatment than any politician, celebrity, or public figure. And the Gray Lady has made fun of plenty of those individuals. Why should Ramonster be exempt when they've dogged Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, Tinsley, Gavin McInnes, Snooki, Paris Hilton, and Devorah Rose?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Headlines are headlines. They've always been kind of clickbait-y. Headlines aren't written by the writers of the articles. Ramona should be no more exempt from this treatment than any politician, celebrity, or public figure. And the Gray Lady has made fun of plenty of those individuals. Why should Ramonster be exempt when they've dogged Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, Tinsley, Gavin McInnes, Snooki, Paris Hilton, and Devorah Rose?

This is why the NYTimes is not taken seriously anymore, the way it was 20+ years ago, that was my point.  A clickbait-y headline that a reality star in the NYTimes,taking 4 bites of caviar is tacky IMO.  Pathetic, tacky and ridiculous.  Again, that’s my opinion.

Sure, if they want a gossip section, whatever, but that headline was ridiculous.  Bet they would not have used that on certain celebrities, only reserved for the ones they don’t like.

• Love 4