Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't know who that is.  Only Drea I know of is from Mob Wives, and I don't see that similarity, do I?  lol

Drea was in the HBO series The Sopranos. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Hmm...I watched that.  Can't think of who it was.

She played the girlfriend of Michael Imperioli's (Christopher) character.  She met an unhappy end in the woods when they found out she'd been coerced by the FBI into informing on the "family" (as I remember it).

She was gorgeous.  It's a huge compliment to Barbara, but I don't see the resemblance.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

She played the girlfriend of Michael Imperioli's (Christopher) character.  She met an unhappy end in the woods when they found out she'd been coerced by the FBI into informing on the "family" (as I remember it).

She was gorgeous.  It's a huge compliment to Barbara, but I don't see the resemblance.

Oh of course!  Yes, I remember her.  

22 minutes ago, Real Housewife LI said:

And NOW she decides to come out with this...hmmm 🙄someone needed to get their name back in the press.

Or get back on her meds!! The whole thing sounds a little off!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Real Housewife LI said:

And NOW she decides to come out with this...hmmm 🙄someone needed to get their name back in the press.

Brother. Still badmouthing Bethenny, Kells? All of that sounds exactly like what she would say circa S3. Talk about growth...

• Love 7

I just heard on The View that Anthony Scaramucci’s wife is in talks to be on the NYC housewives. They don’t need another househo on this show. I like the group they have, they can stop showcasing Barbara. I hope this doesn’t happen. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Wait, what?? Lol. Yep, totally because she was on the cover of Shape. Go to sleep, Kelly.

“Andy doesn’t really like me that much — ’cause I’m like the real deal. Maybe he doesn’t like me because I was in Playboy — maybe he doesn’t like me because I got the cover of Shape,” she said.

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/10/real-housewives-of-new-york-nearly-ruined-kelly-bensimons-life/

Edited by divsc
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I remember a lot of suspicions and rumors going around when she was on the show. Didn't Kelly Dodd get into a big fight with her over it?

Yes, Kelly sent a text to Meghan telling her that Jim had a mistress. I remember reading the texts and thinking that Meghan already knew about the other woman and was trying to manage the situation.

There was a blind gossip item about it, in fact 2 with the second one solved and using their names, but that disappeared and the link is broken. 

There was also a person on the board who said that her friend was approached by Jim. He commented on her breasts and he invited her up to his hotel room when he was in Arizona.  He told her that he and Meghan were divorcing. She declined. Alot of Meghan fans on the board jumped all over her and called BS. I felt bad for her because I completely saw this as possible. I always thought he was a shit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Following up on @film noire's post about Sunny Hostin's run in with Betheme in the Hamptons.

The funny part (watching the 2nd video, in which Sunny originally told the story) is in the middle. Sunny says that Betheme sent her SkinnyGirl marguerita products  and the woman in the green dress (sorry, name escapes me) says "which is not good by the way, I don't love it".

Here's the link:

https://toofab.com/2019/06/13/sunny-hostin-bethenny-frankel-the-view-rhony/

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 10:14 PM, divsc said:

Sonja making the rare public appearance with her daughter. Wow, such similar facial structure.

https://realityblurb.com/2019/06/12/photo-rhonys-sonja-morgan-makes-rare-public-appearance-with-daughter-quincy-adams-morgan-read-all-about-her/

I don't dislike Sonja but her whole obsession with lineage around the Morgans and the Adams drives me a little nuts. We don't live in an aristocracy, Sonja, and in fact, IMO John Adams - who argued vociferously for democracy and against aristocracy - would be totally horrified by the way that Sonja thinks about her daughter's lineage. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 12

Jill Zarin's boyfriend has supposedly just purchased an engagement ring. She also just moved out of the apartment she shared with her Bobby. I always think it is interesting when people can move on so quickly (quickly in my eyes) after the love of their life dies. Bobby died less than 18 months ago and now Jill has the boyfriend and looks like she may be getting engaged. Some people just can't be alone, I guess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Pickles said:

Jill Zarin's boyfriend has supposedly just purchased an engagement ring. She also just moved out of the apartment she shared with her Bobby. I always think it is interesting when people can move on so quickly (quickly in my eyes) after the love of their life dies. Bobby died less than 18 months ago and now Jill has the boyfriend and looks like she may be getting engaged. Some people just can't be alone, I guess. 

Some people are not used to being alone. She was used to an active and happy marriage (until his time of illness). She only has years. Years she could be happy and go out and do things with someone special again. Or years she can be lonely and pine for Bobby. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Some people are not used to being alone. She was used to an active and happy marriage (until his time of illness). She only has years. Years she could be happy and go out and do things with someone special again. Or years she can be lonely and pine for Bobby. 

I understand what you are saying, but one can be alone and not be lonely and not be pining for someone. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I understand what you are saying, but one can be alone and not be lonely and not be pining for someone. 

Of course one can but that doesn’t mean Jill is a person who can.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I don't understand why this is reduced to an issue of whether someone can or cannot be alone.  Maybe she just found a man she loves and is acting on that desire, not fear of being alone.  Not all actions arise out of fear.  Do you honestly think that's the only reason people marry? I'm married, and I like my solitude better than just about anything.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I don't understand why this is reduced to an issue of whether someone can or cannot be alone.  Maybe she just found a man she loves and is acting on that desire, not fear of being alone.  Not all actions arise out of fear.  Do you honestly think that's the only reason people marry? I'm married, and I like my solitude better than just about anything.

Sorry if I got everyone in a tizz on here. Have a nice day!

• Love 3

I wonder where Sonja's daughter is going to college with her near perfect SAT score and her perfect lineage/legacy heritage.

Hmmmm.... wonder if she wants to be on the rowing team .... 

The problem is that if you can't be alone, there is a good chance you're not seeing your fiancé with clear eyes.  An inability to be alone leaves one vulnerable to the Brooks and the Dirty Johns (paging another Bravo show!) and you are apt to make bad decisions.  See also:  Luann, Danielle etc.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to marry Jill unless you're an incredible Beta personality willing to let Jill call ALL the shots.  She just seems so high maintenance.

• Love 15
(edited)

In that tennis scene this season with Jill and Luann, Jill told Luann, "I'm not meant to be alone." Which I actually found a little obnoxious the way she said it, because I think many of these women - Luann, Ramona, Sonja, Tinsley... don't want to be alone or single, like being in a relationship as much as they like/love the person who they are with, and probably don't feel like they are meant to be alone either. Yet they are. What makes Jill so special that she doesn't have to be?

And you could almost see Luann bristle a bit, but then gratuitously (is that the right word??) allow her to concede that Jill "deserved" this because of losing Bobby. "I'm happy for you, you really suffered." It struck me as a bit off at the time. In other words, Luann's immediate reaction isn't typically to be thrilled or happy for another woman who easily found another man. But since Jill lost her husband and suffered a little bit, Luann could begrudgingly allow her the happiness since she paid her dues. Something like that. Just if Jill hadn't lost her husband, I don't know if Luann could have choked a sincere "I'm so happy for you" out of her mouth. She kind of patted Jill on the leg, "You deserve it, you suffered," assuring herself at the same time that this made it "fair."

Jill seemed happy, but also a little pleased with herself about being able to "report" she was in an amazing relationship. She was a little too eager to brag on camera. She did the same thing in season 10, emailing Andy the day of the reunion, of course inserting herself into the mix, to tell him she was dating someone Ramona had gone out on some dates with. (Not sure if this is the same guy or not?) I feel like these women may fall in love, but they are also a little too eager to wield their new loves AND "happiness" as social weapons to compete/one up/flaunt to the other women. 

I just remember thinking at the time of that tennis scene, why is it okay for Jill to declare, I'm not meant to be alone - when she literally has never had to "find herself" or not have a man in her life. But around that same time, Tinsley voices her unhappiness about being alone at this stage of her adult life and has other women, and viewers, screeching at her, "You don't need a man!!" I think many of them deep down want to be in a relationship. 

The cynical part of me was like Jill probably planted that news item in Page 6 so now the guy  HAS to propose lol. (I don't really think that, but I wouldn't put anything past Jill either.)

Edited by divsc
  • Love 7

(Not sure if this is the same guy or not?) I feel like these women may fall in love, but they are also a little too eager to wield their new loves AND "happiness" as social weapons to compete/one up/flaunt to the other women. 

The ironic thing is that Ally appears to be alone and really hasn't seemed to have anyone through the entire series.  Anything on her love life?  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

The ironic thing is that Ally appears to be alone and really hasn't seemed to have anyone through the entire series.  Anything on her love life?  

She was a teenager for most of the time she was on the show. She did have a long term boyfriend a year or two ago but not sure if they are still dating because she has been in London getting a Masters in Fine Art. 

• Love 3
On 5/17/2019 at 9:08 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Barbara looks like Drea de Matteo. 

Barbara looks beautiful!  She needs to hire full-time the people who gave her that look!  What a HUGE difference! 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Pickles said:

I remember an old Phil Donahue show, remember him?  He had on a family who was  mad at the matriarch for re-marrying 6 months after the death of her husband. She stated when questioned about her speed in moving on, and I now use this quote a lot, “Well, he wasn’t gonna get any deader. No use waiting around.” 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
On 6/20/2019 at 1:51 PM, Mondrianyone said:

I’ve always felt / observed that the happier the marriage, the quicker the widow/er wants to re-hitch, because their time with  the departed was ... happy. 

(I personally am the survivor of a sh|t marriage and happy to be on my own. Lonely at times, sure, but in no mood to even think about being attached again.  Mileages and reasons vary extensively.  JMHO & experience.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 6/23/2019 at 10:22 PM, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I’ve always felt / observed that the happier the marriage, the quicker the widow/er wants to re-hitch, because their time with  the departed was ... happy. 

(I personally am the survivor of a sh|t marriage and happy to be on my own. Lonely at times, sure, but in no mood to even think about being attached again.  Mileages and reasons vary extensively.  JMHO & experience.)

I agree.  I was never legally married because, and after that I thought I move on quick, and then no.  Either way I went thru a horrible time, and came out the other side!   Y’all gotta do what you gotta do!!!

• Love 2