Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Cabana

• Start Topic

Walnutqueen used to post here pretty regularly, but I haven't seen her anywhere on the forums.

She was a outspoken with a big heart for animals and hilarious.  She seems to have disappeared. 

I just miss her even if I only know her from the internet.

• Love 5

Chrissy Teigen was on some HW wish lists here. It is reported this morning that she lost her infant son, Jack, prior to birth because of excessive bleeding. She posted some heartbreaking photos on IG and Twitter, including one of her cradling him.

4 hours ago, suomi said:

Chrissy Teigen was on some HW wish lists here. It is reported this morning that she lost her infant son, Jack, prior to birth because of excessive bleeding. She posted some heartbreaking photos on IG and Twitter, including one of her cradling him.

I feel so so sorry for her and her husband for  what they are going thru.

Chrissie posted an essay on Medium.

“I’m not sure I’ll ever forget the experience,” Ms. Teigen wrote. “My mom, John and I each held him and said our own private goodbyes, mom sobbing through Thai prayer. I asked the nurses to show me his hands and feet and I kissed them over and over and over again.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/27/style/chrissy-teigen-pregnancy-loss-essay.html?action=click&module=Features&pgtype=Homepage

Edited by suomi

Which city should I binge next? I've watch BH from the beginning. I gave up on NJ when Teresa came back from Prison. I binged NY last fall and am so disappointed with how this season is turning out.

I feel like OC would be too much (too many seasons). What about Dallas or Atlanta?

16 minutes ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Which city should I binge next? I've watch BH from the beginning. I gave up on NJ when Teresa came back from Prison. I binged NY last fall and am so disappointed with how this season is turning out.

I feel like OC would be too much (too many seasons). What about Dallas or Atlanta?

If you like the HW’s I would suggest RHOSLC. One lady on there, Jen, has a lot of legal trouble that will play out a la Erika. She is more of a firecracker though and it should bring drama. They are about ready to drop the next season in Sept when this legal thing will hit the fan. 
   Dallas was OK, but LeAnn could be very annoying in the first few seasons. I gave up on Atlanta and DC. Have you watched things on other venues? The Crown is good on Netflix and Ted Lasso is good on Apple. If you like a good cop show try Bosch on Amazon. It has many seasons, but they are very good seasons and each are different altho you get to know the characters. It’s Star Titus Welliver is a great guy IRL. He is humble and interacts with his fans regularly. It’s based on the Michael Connelly books. 
Happy Viewing. 

Just now, Mindthinkr said:

If you like the HW’s I would suggest RHOSLC. One lady on there, Jen, has a lot of legal trouble that will play out a la Erika. She is more of a firecracker though and it should bring drama. They are about ready to drop the next season in Sept when this legal thing will hit the fan. 
   Dallas was OK, but LeAnn could be very annoying in the first few seasons. I gave up on Atlanta and DC. Have you watched things on other venues? The Crown is good on Netflix and Ted Lasso is good on Apple. If you like a good cop show try Bosch on Amazon. It has many seasons, but they are very good seasons and each are different altho you get to know the characters. It’s Star Titus Welliver is a great guy IRL. He is humble and interacts with his fans regularly. It’s based on the Michael Connelly books. 
Happy Viewing. 

Thanks! Yes, I've read all the Bosch books, but didn't really get into the series. I'll give it another shot, since I heard they wrapped up the series. The Crown is definitely on my list. My husband and I are watching Outlander together, so I may try to convince him to do that one next. 

• Love 1
On 8/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Thanks! Yes, I've read all the Bosch books, but didn't really get into the series. I'll give it another shot, since I heard they wrapped up the series. The Crown is definitely on my list. My husband and I are watching Outlander together, so I may try to convince him to do that one next. 

Oh my husband & I loved Outlander! Have you seen Vikings? Another great one. As far as housewives, I've never seen Dallas so can't speak to that, & Atlanta is okay, but I just recently started binging Potomac & am enjoying it. I used to like Miami too when it was on. And there was another on for a short time that I loved but can't recall the name of the city. Was it DC? I was so disappointed when they cancelled it...

• Love 1
9 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

Oh my husband & I loved Outlander! Have you seen Vikings? Another great one. As far as housewives, I've never seen Dallas so can't speak to that, & Atlanta is okay, but I just recently started binging Potomac & am enjoying it. I used to like Miami too when it was on. And there was another on for a short time that I loved but can't recall the name of the city. Was it DC? I was so disappointed when they cancelled it...

DC was on one season. I really liked it and was sad it didn’t make a second season. 

Miami is being revived and they are currently filming a new season 😀

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

DC was on one season. I really liked it and was sad it didn’t make a second season. 

Miami is being revived and they are currently filming a new season 😀

How long has it been since Miami been on? 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I like Leah but I hope they don't bring back Larsa Pippen.

From Wikipedia:

In November 2020, The Real Housewives executive producer Andy Cohen said that there were talks to return the show for a fourth season on the streaming service Peacock.[13] In February 2021, the series was confirmed to be making a return.[14][15] Shortly after the announcement previous cast members Joanna Krupa and Lea Black both stated that they were not interested in appearing on the new season.[16]

After some speculation, original cast members Adriana de Moura, Marysol Patton, Lisa Hochstein, Alexia Echevarria, and Larsa Pippen confirmed their return to the show in May and July of 2021.[17]

Julia Lemigova, Kiki Barth, Guerdy Abraira, Dr. Nicole Martin are all rumored to be joining the cast after being seen filming alongside original cast members on several occasions.[18]

Edited by PDXlulu
  • Useful 4

Responding here since my reply is eyebrow specific. 

1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

I have recently started using Black Castor Oil on my eye brows to make them grow back in better. Age makes them thin out, plus my light hair color always made them a kind of translucent non color. Eyelashes are thickened and grow better too with the black castor oil. I got a small 2oz bottle of Organic Jamaican Black Castor oil on amazon that should last me a lifetime because you only need a few drops rubbed in at night. I have noticed a definite difference in a short time. Also they are coming in with color and not so translucent anymore. 

Girl, I've tried castor oil, GrandeBrow, Revitabrow, something from the brow threader I used to go to, nothing worked for me. :( I have heard of folks who've had great luck with everything I mentioned though. Someone suggested Rogaine to me, but I don't know if that's safe for the eye area. I had beautiful brows when I was younger and thought the hairs would always grow back. They may or may not. Be careful ladies!

• Love 4
On 11/21/2021 at 2:04 PM, RealHousewife said:

Responding here since my reply is eyebrow specific. 

Girl, I've tried castor oil, GrandeBrow, Revitabrow, something from the brow threader I used to go to, nothing worked for me. :( I have heard of folks who've had great luck with everything I mentioned though. Someone suggested Rogaine to me, but I don't know if that's safe for the eye area. I had beautiful brows when I was younger and thought the hairs would always grow back. They may or may not. Be careful ladies!

While waiting in the checkout at TJMaxx, I saw a bottle of Jamaican Black Castor Oil on the shelf, the day after this discussion. It clearly didn't belong on that shelf, but it was so weird that it was there. I bought it, and will try it. I've pretty much resigned myself to ruined brows, but I'll give this a go.

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thanks for the report @Avaleigh  I’ll be excited to see it air knowing you were behind a pillar trying to listen in. 

Lol it's not everyday that I get to watch the filming of a show I've been watching for over a decade. I had to at least try to listen even if it did require getting a little ribbing from my coworkers. 

Is it bad that I also came in on my day off? Because...yeah. (Technically I switched days with one of my colleagues but still.)

Another thing worth mentioning---a lot goes into filming a simple lunch scene. Three cameras plus they needed a table that was easy to shoot around even though it meant that they couldn't use one of the better tables in the restaurant. 

They also have to post a sign in the front of the restaurant to alert other guests about filiming just in case they don't want to be on camera. 

Also, the "talent" are in constant communication with production. It made me think about the time Dorit was late for that dinner with Teddi. Using today as an example (assuming the way they shot the scene today was standard) no way Dorit wouldn't have been in communication with production and no way would the timeline for her arrival have been that broad. They gave us a precise timeline and completely stuck to it.

• Useful 13
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thanks for the report @Avaleigh  I’ll be excited to see it air knowing you were behind a pillar trying to listen in. 

@Avaleigh, you deserve a Primetimer Merit Badge! Good work in the field, fantastic behind the scenes intel...a great story to tell your baby when he or she is older and asks what the HW crap was all about, lol!! 

• Love 12
On 1/5/2022 at 10:06 PM, Avaleigh said:

Sutton was very sweet. She comes across as warm, friendly and genuine. Again, not exactly what I was expecting. My feelings on her prior to this were mixed but now I really like her and want to root for her to have the most positive experience possible for as long as she's on the show.

Rinna was very polite and professional. She's nice enough, but I wouldn't call her warm. She didn't take off her sunglasses until she sat down at the table and immediately put them on at the table before it was time for them to leave. She was very quiet with staff and production until Sutton arrived. Then she became animated and lively. It was like seeing someone who has an on/off switch. Very interesting. 

Aw I think Sutton comes across very sweet on RH, so I'm happy to hear she was very sweet IRL.

Also not surprised Rinna becomes more animated on camera. She's been acting for decades, and I think a part of her looks at Housewives as a soap gig. 

Thanks so much for sharing with all of us! I would have been pretty starstruck. 

• Love 10
On 1/5/2022 at 11:06 PM, Avaleigh said:

Omg you guys, Rinna and Sutton came to the hotel where I work! They had lunch there today and filmed a scene. 

First off, everyone involved with production was super nice. Not what I was expecting at all. They went out of their way to be polite and courteous to the staff. I think I was expecting pushy and abrasive behavior and it was the total opposite. 

Sutton was very sweet. She comes across as warm, friendly and genuine. Again, not exactly what I was expecting. My feelings on her prior to this were mixed but now I really like her and want to root for her to have the most positive experience possible for as long as she's on the show.

Rinna was very polite and professional. She's nice enough, but I wouldn't call her warm. She didn't take off her sunglasses until she sat down at the table and immediately put them on at the table before it was time for them to leave. She was very quiet with staff and production until Sutton arrived. Then she became animated and lively. It was like seeing someone who has an on/off switch. Very interesting. 

Fashion wise, Rinna was in a bright pink/red long sleeved top and extra long tight red pants. I think the belt might have been Louis Vuitton not sure. Sutton's clothes weren't as memorable because Rinna was wearing such a look-at-me outfit. 

We knew yesterday that two Housewives were coming but we didn't know which two. I was standing in the restaurant as Rinna entered the lobby. She was practically a football field away from me but I still spotted her instantly, partially because she was wearing her "iconic" short hairstyle. Also, she is absolutely *tiny*. I'm currently dealing with some post pregnancy weight gain and felt absolutely huge in comparison to her. (Encountering her made me totally skip having one of the pastries that are available for hotel employees lol.)

I'm also unashamed to admit that I did my best to eavesdrop on the conversation at the table, but there was too much action in the restaurant particularly the bar for me to hear what they were saying. Also, I didn't want to stare like a lunatic so I had to settle for low key placing myself behind a pillar while I "checked" my phone. I'd catch a word here or there but not enough to say what was happening in the scene. I did hear Rinna say that they should "totally hang out" with someone but couldn't tell who. There was also some talk of a "misunderstanding" tii but I have no idea what the context was. Also, every bit of conversation I heard was from Rinna because she really projects when she speaks. 

After awhile of trying to listen I had to go back to doing my actual job lol.

Anyway, this brings my total of encounters with BH housewives up to 7. Kind of a fun way to start the year so thought I would share.

On 1/7/2022 at 1:15 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Thank you Avaleigh, great reporting! I'm excited that you got to see them film. I appreciate hearing how it works, and am pleasantly surprised that everyone was nice!

I hope when it airs, they got a shot of you hiding behind the pillar, lol!

My absolute favorite thing about the public scenes in Housewives and other similar reality shows is watching for the shocked reactions of the patrons in the background when they inevitably start screeching at each other. It would be an instant classic if you happened to peer out from behind the pillar with some type of shocked reaction—wide eyes, mouth agape.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 1/14/2022 at 9:55 AM, JenE4 said:

My absolute favorite thing about the public scenes in Housewives and other similar reality shows is watching for the shocked reactions of the patrons in the background when they inevitably start screeching at each other. It would be an instant classic if you happened to peer out from behind the pillar with some type of shocked reaction—wide eyes, mouth agape.

Really? I can't imagine why anyone would be shocked by this subdued, reserved bunch. 

GhTx.gif

erika-girardi-crying1.jpg

tumblr_o1yfuf9nid1rlafseo1_400.gifv

tumblr_pzm08ntu2O1us4qppo1_500.gifv

LFy5.gif

giphy.gif

alllison_dubois_psychic.gif

rhobh-lisa-rinna.gif

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Oooof! 

That's really bad. 

I click the "multi-quote" button on someone's post, and I get the little "Quote 1 Post" pop-up box, then when I go to another page, the box re-appears.

Thank you!

• Love 3
On 1/18/2022 at 7:39 PM, RealHousewife said:

Really? I can't imagine why anyone would be shocked by this subdued, reserved bunch. 

GhTx.gif

erika-girardi-crying1.jpg

tumblr_o1yfuf9nid1rlafseo1_400.gifv

tumblr_pzm08ntu2O1us4qppo1_500.gifv

LFy5.gif

giphy.gif

alllison_dubois_psychic.gif

rhobh-lisa-rinna.gif

There are so many gifs to use here, but those would take up, at least, ten more pages.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Amazon movies: the murder of Nicole Browm Simpson- skanky media whores present: The morally corrupt Faye Resnick and Kris Jenner. I hate to think these two used the murder  their god friend to further their careers (and their horrible daughters careers.) 

ETA: this movie is really horrible. 

Edited by JD5166
  • Love 7
On 1/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, Avaleigh said:

Omg you guys, Rinna and Sutton came to the hotel where I work! They had lunch there today and filmed a scene. 

First off, everyone involved with production was super nice. Not what I was expecting at all. They went out of their way to be polite and courteous to the staff. I think I was expecting pushy and abrasive behavior and it was the total opposite. 

Fashion wise, Rinna was in a bright pink/red long sleeved top and extra long tight red pants. I think the belt might have been Louis Vuitton not sure. Sutton's clothes weren't as memorable because Rinna was wearing such a look-at-me outfit. 

We knew yesterday that two Housewives were coming but we didn't know which two. I was standing in the restaurant as Rinna entered the lobby. She was practically a football field away from me but I still spotted her instantly, partially because she was wearing her "iconic" short hairstyle. Also, she is absolutely *tiny*. I'm currently dealing with some post pregnancy weight gain and felt absolutely huge in comparison to her. (Encountering her made me totally skip having one of the pastries that are available for hotel employees lol.)

I'm also unashamed to admit that I did my best to eavesdrop on the conversation at the table, but there was too much action in the restaurant particularly the bar for me to hear what they were saying. Also, I didn't want to stare like a lunatic so I had to settle for low key placing myself behind a pillar while I "checked" my phone. I'd catch a word here or there but not enough to say what was happening in the scene. I did hear Rinna say that they should "totally hang out" with someone but couldn't tell who. There was also some talk of a "misunderstanding" tii but I have no idea what the context was. Also, every bit of conversation I heard was from Rinna because she really projects when she speaks. 

After awhile of trying to listen I had to go back to doing my actual job lol.

Anyway, this brings my total of encounters with BH housewives up to 7. Kind of a fun way to start the year so thought I would share.

@Avaleigh Was the lunch scene with Sutton and Lisa in the last episode Rosè Colored Glasses the same one that you saw filmed? Lisa also mentioned another meeting (maybe a brunch) that she filmed with Sutton that wasn’t shown so I wondered if it could be that one as well. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, glowbug said:

@Avaleigh Was the lunch scene with Sutton and Lisa in the last episode Rosè Colored Glasses the same one that you saw filmed? Lisa also mentioned another meeting (maybe a brunch) that she filmed with Sutton that wasn’t shown so I wondered if it could be that one as well. 

Yes! I wasn't sure if I should post my follow up here or in the episode thread. 

Not sure if people care about timelines or not but this scene was filmed on January 5th. Also, even though there was only about five (less?) minutes of screen time, production was there way before and way after. Plus Sutton and Rinna were at the table for about 90 minutes not counting the filming they did of their entrances and exits.

Rinna may have ordered the steak frites but she barely ate it. 

The pillar I was standing behind is visible in several shots. Also, the people sitting at the bar and hightop table were employees and/or friends/spouses of employees. There were guests in the restaurant too but they were in the other areas of the restaurant. 

I'm very curious to know if the never-before-scene will have any additional footage because they filmed so much. Like, they took close up shots of food preparation, cocktails being made, the patio garden, etc. 

Also, they chose a table that staff don't really see as a "good" table because it's near a work station and near the kitchen but production felt that the lighting was good and that they could move the cameras more easily. 

Edited by Avaleigh
Punctuation
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 11
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

@Avaleigh Thanks for the behind the scenes info. Amazing that it takes so long to get so little screen time. The fillers (scene shots, food and drink bits) must be in case they have extra time to fill in between the real conversations. 

They've actually filmed at this property before just not in the restaurant. I can't remember if it was season 1 or 2 (I think it was 2). Remember when Taylor had an event where she invited all of the ladies except LVP? It was filmed in the same hotel but it was downstairs in one of the banquet reception rooms.

I remember being annoyed that I couldn't sneak down to check it out. (I worked in a different department.) This definitely made up for that. The hotel had been closed for remodeling for a few years before the episode filmed, so it's cool for employees that the hotel is back to getting fun stuff like this.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Avaleigh said:

The hotel had been closed for remodeling for a few years before the episode filmed, so it's cool for employees that the hotel is back to getting fun stuff like this.

Thanks for the inside dish, Avaleigh (and belated congratulations on your baby!) 

• Love 8

In the news business, that extra footage is used to cover jump cuts. Especially handy when editors use footage out of order, or use only portions of someone's sentences. For example, if they use the first and last sentence of a lengthy comment, the viewer can see the stop and start visually. There's a visual jump. That annoying jump is where the editors insert the shot of a drink or a waiter.

• Useful 11

Not sure where to ask this, since it is related to the show but not any one person or episode. I missed the whole twenty-teens era of this show—watched the beginning years and tuned back in during the long days of COVID. But where did the term “Fox Force Five” come from that I keep seeing? Did the girls call themselves this, or is this something made up on this board? I’ve gathered this girl gang includes Kyle, Dorit, Rinna, and Erika—but who is, or was, the fifth person? Was it Van Der Pump (before they apparently turned on her) or someone else? I started watching again after VDP left, but I’ve gathered enough from the show and the boards that apparently she got into a big fight with Kyle or something and they all conspired to get her off the show? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2022 at 2:45 AM, JenE4 said:

Not sure where to ask this, since it is related to the show but not any one person or episode. I missed the whole twenty-teens era of this show—watched the beginning years and tuned back in during the long days of COVID. But where did the term “Fox Force Five” come from that I keep seeing? Did the girls call themselves this, or is this something made up on this board? I’ve gathered this girl gang includes Kyle, Dorit, Rinna, and Erika—but who is, or was, the fifth person? Was it Van Der Pump (before they apparently turned on her) or someone else? I started watching again after VDP left, but I’ve gathered enough from the show and the boards that apparently she got into a big fight with Kyle or something and they all conspired to get her off the show? 

Thank you for asking, because I've wondered about this for a long time, too, and I have actually watched the show from season 1! I haven't been on SM (twitter and instagram), though, so maybe that's why I've missed it. I also used to not open the links that lead to people's social media because I wasn't interested. I started out late 😄

On 9/12/2022 at 3:21 AM, Wicked said:

Teddi is the 5th, they posted a pic on instagram with all their pinkies connected calling themselves the Fox Force Five

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPIFxrtsOJP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This was on Kyle's instagram, but it doesn't mention FF5, so now I'm not sure if I remembered correctly

From Dorit's page:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJQ_c-HcqP/

Thanks for explaining!

And to add: where does the 'Fox' come from? Is it to do with a tv channel? I know it's a Bravo tv series, but I don't know much else, I'm not from the States. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Glama said:

And to add: where does the 'Fox' come from? Is it to do with a tv channel? I know it's a Bravo tv series, but I don't know much else, I'm not from the States. 

Not sure if this article is accurate or not.

https://www.distractify.com/p/who-are-the-fox-force-five-rhobh

I do think they made a pact with each other and the devil off camera when they were at the chateau in Paris promising to always have each other’s backs.

• Useful 5