Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: All Tea All Shade

• Start Topic

I agree with ramby. To Riley's credit she started to make a comment, thought better of it, and cut herself off. Kandi was the one who prompted her to continue.

I can't blame Cynthia for getting angry at Porsha for being late. Especially since Porsha didn't feel the need to apologize, provide an explanation, or call her to let her know she was running late. Man that whole segment was painful to watch.

• Love 8

Kandi is the perfect example of relationships by guilt. Reilly gets anything she wants, gets to do or say anything because Kandi feels guilty about raising her with no dad and had to work all the time. Her relationship with MJ is also based on guilt, as she feels guilty for making MJ work so hard, manage multiple jobs to raise her. I wish Kandi would get some counselling, I really think she could benefit from it. 

I'll say it again, why is Porsha on the show. I thought she got the heave ho from TPTB over the hair pulling incident at the reunion? Yet I seem to see her more this season than last. 

I realize that Kenya should not have had her hair pulled, but girlfriend needs to own her part. She acting like she was just sitting there quietly and big bad Porsha jumped her, when In fact, Kenya had been waiving that scepter around and yelling in Porsha's face with a bullhorn for hours. Not that it justifies Porsha's action, but Kenya did provoke her and she went to the reunion intending to provoke. 

I want to like Kenya, I don't think she is dumb, but I cannot stand it when she overacts in all her scenes. Like in the gardening center, instead of talking and walking, she erupts into this "oh the flora and nature" OTT speech. The does that kind of shit all.the.time. She is exhausting to watch. 

Blah blah Cynthia. Who cares about your damn allegience. I am waiting her her to pull out another friend contract to have Kenya sign. 

Nene needs to go away. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 11

If she plans on going to college then good for her and why should she be quiet about her college plans just because it might offend someone else who chooses to not attend college?

But Riley's intentions weren't to say "I'm going to college when I turn 18", her intentions were to say "18 year olds should be in college....WHY ARE YOU HERE?".  Otherwise she wouldn't have caught herself & tried to stop saying her shady statement.

What's wrong with her being biracial?  I don't have any problems with her, yet.

There's nothing wrong with being biracial.  However, there is something wrong with blaming your problems with getting along with other people on being biracial.  Perhaps people don't like you because you're a "loveable asshole"?  I could understand being 20 and below and having acceptance problems but if you're 41 and still saying "People don't like me cuz I'm biracial" the problem might be with you and your ways, not your racial mixture.  Mylittlepony from last season tried it, too.

• Love 12

my take on the matter...  Team Porsha.  She already knew there was going to be a bitchmatch before she got there and was prepared to fight.  She was reacting to Cynthia making it clear to everyone that she did not invite her or Nene to her party because she didn't like what Porsha had to say (which by the way was what we all were saying) and have not stopped blasting about it even after the party.  Porsha knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant luncheon and as far as we know she may have purposely been late just to prepare for the inevitable fight.

She wasn't wrong about it, Cynthia went in on her pretty quick and Porsha held her own with her.  After all, if what everyone is saying is true that they were both making sure they held a peach, they both had to make this bitchfest as exciting as they could (although it wasn't) and for me, Cynthia whos is at least a decade older than Porsha should have done what all you had said she should.  Just sit back and let Porsha rant.  However......

Cynthia knew she was wrong and she always fuss hardest when she's wrong. Pretty much like she did with Kandi.  Cynthia has been on this show long enough to know that when the other Hwives are asked their thoughts on the others, they will get pretty "real" with it.  If it is not addressed by the target Hwife, it just fades away.  However, Cynthia, trying to be relevant, took this "fued" straight down to a middle school level  and made herself look bad.

As for Porsha being dumb, I cannot get behind that.  She was smart enough to break free of a bad situation and actually parlay a place for herself on another show and in business.  What no one ever gives her credit for is she can size a person up very darn quick and has been on point with their character and attitude.  I also believe her unwillingness to deal with Kenya is what actually costed her the peach.  Yes she can say some pretty dumb crap out of her mouth but her actions say otherwise.  Cynthia on the otherhand seems to get dumber and dumber as the days go by.

Nene is so over all this mess and it shows. People dislike her arrogance but I see it as her being very proud of her accomplishments and she really has moved away from most of the drama going on right now.  I also believe she was bitchslapped with Cynthia's new nasty attitude.  I also believe she was deeply hurt by it as well.

Cynthia is just bugging me now.  She is sounding more and more like Kenya with her constant victimizing herself whenever she gets shade thrown her way.  She has looked down her nose at Porsha from the start and let's not forget she was the RUNTELLDAT queen that was reporting everything she heard to Kenya long before she and Nene parted ways.  Her attachment to Kenya started just when Nene was mostly in LA doing the two shows and I believe she craved someone to follow.  She wasn't exactly besties with anyone else in the group, really except Kenya who has expressed more than once how she feels about Cynthia.  She was first using Cynthia to get to Nene.  When that didn't work, she used Marlo and Cynthia to then go after Nene.

Kandi is her mother's daughter.  Like someone else said here, the bitch gene dd NOT skip a generation.  Kandi is the main reason for the mess between he mother and Todd.  I believe she loves Todd but in a dire situation, she would drop Todd like a rock.  She appears to have a very unnatural attachment to her mother to the point that she is a very willing participant in the constant bullying by her mother.  That is why she does absolutely nothing to stop the fued between her mother and her husband.  As for Riley, she probably resents the older girl taking away her mother from her (after all she is only 11) and has a fear that she may lose all the perks she has been given because her mother just doesn't set any bounderies either with her grandmother or her.  That's why she tried to thow some digs at Todd's daughter.  Also she probably has her grandmother in her ear 24/7 badmouthing Todd and warning her about losing her grip on her mother's pursestrings.

Kenya is a very vile and nasty piece of work.  But as most have stated she is smart.  She has wedged herself firmly into this franchise and have successfully downgrades one Hwife, added her bestie to the franchise, taken away her target's bestie (which wasn't at all very hard) and is now gunning for the other two Hwives in her way to being the "star" of this franchise.  She has worked hard as a demon to dethrone Nene.  I don't know if I can fully believe she had nothing to do with Apollo but I will say she was way too specific in what she wanted him to confess to.  She didn't say she wanted him to say they didn't have a thing, she only wanted him to say they didn't have it in LA.  That to me was telling.  Her track record is very easy to see that she has a history of dealing with married men.  I just don't believe she was suddenly an innocent here.  There was something happening but it just wasn't in LA.  As for her boohooing about the whole mess, I feel no sympathy for her.  She started this mess and it backfired on her.  And yes, the whole Porsha thing was her going "OC" over something that she had to know would happen. 

Was Porsha right in jumping up an pulling her hair?  No.  But go after a woman who is experiencing very raw emotions coming out of a nasty divorce that she was blindsided with and dealing with being called stupid and dumb by the twitterverse, trying to get her life back on track and then have someone who has been nothing but mean and nasty to her to now shove props in her face and openly question her fidelity to her now ex husband (who might I add was badmouthing her constantly), she should not have expected this woman not to snap.  So I cannot get behind her playing the victim like she was dragged and beaten on the street and left for dead.

I also cannot understand why she would even entertain the thought of Phaedra apologizing to her about the whole Apollo thing.  If she had not inserted herself into their affairs, we would not be discussing this.  Plus, she has threatened, fat shamed, tried to physically embarrass Phaedra ever since Phaedra said no to her proposal for the video.  Even before then, Kenya was calling the Nida's ignorant and stupid.  Just like she called Cynthia (her new bestie) ignorant and stupid.  Not mentioning that Kenya is doing the "Single White Female" thing, going after Nene.  The only two people who seem to know what kenya's really trying to do is Nene and Porsha.

Apollo...... That's all I have to say.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 16

I think Riley said what she said to hurt Kayla's feelings. Outside of going to school, it seems as if Riley spends her after school hours doing nothing. She expects money but doesn't want to work for it. She already has the mindset that money is the most important thing and I blame Kandi. Kandi has spoiled this child. I don't see Riley's behavior as typical teen. I don't think being rude and lazy is typical. She needs to earn the stuff she does have. And why the hell does she have TWO televisions in her room? Kandi is ridiculous. She lets both her mom and daughter bulldoze her.

I don't like Claudia. Her loveable asshole schtick is already on my nerves. I also hope Rickey Smiley stays off the screen. He's not funny to me.

I wish Kenya's aunt could moderate the reunions. She has the most sense of anyone on this show.

Whoever called Nene a struggle flapper still has me laughing.

• Love 4

Yes, so Kim can snatch that uglyass wig off of Nene's head.

Twice.  She'd have to use both hands to snatch the wig under the wig.  Must see tv.

Wow Riley....that college comment was ungracious. Even if you feel that way you don't say that in front of people.  Geez.  Kandi should take a step back and make sure she isn't raising a brat.

and

Between that wretch of a mother,and her spoiled brat daughter, Kandi is going to end up alone.

What the hell is an 11 year old doing weighing in on what an 18 year old should and shouldn't be doing.

And her little college crack should have gotten her sent to her room. That was meant to be nothing but a dig.

I don't really like any of these women. Come to think of it I can't think of any Housewife from any city that I like.

Nene was my favorite on season one but she's unrecognizable from that Nene though in every way. She looks different and her personality has completely changed.

I can't wait for her fall. I doubt she's invested in anything other than ugly size 14 shoes and gaudy purses for Greg to carry.

plus

I don't like Riley. She's been disrespectful on numerous occasions and Kandi just laughs it off. Such a brat. She acts like she's going to be enrolling at MIT when she'll probably end up at a local commuter college for two semesters before dropping out and working as an "intern" making $80,000 for Kandi Enterprises.

And Kandi, maybe you shouldn't have been so quick to make Todd sign a prenup if you wanted him to stay home all day and night to be your cuddle partner...

I was trying very hard to remember that this is a child we're talking about.  I've never liked Riley.  and I don't make a secret of the fact that I cannot stand undisciplined spur'led ass children.   But, I also need to keep in mind that that's entirely the fault of the parent(s) raising them.    Girl there are two flat screens and maid service in Riley's *apartment*,  being sent to her room is not a punishment lol.  Kandi needed to get her together in front of Kaela, because while it was disrespectful and snide of Riley to say, it was absolutely mind boggling for Kandi not to have fixed it on the spot.  Whatever other impressions Riley has grown up with, she now thinks it's okay to embarrass and humiliate her stepsister to make a point.   This was one of those times I wish I could teleport into my tv.  Oh you wanna be slick at the mouth?  Watch how fast you find out that I'm the rich bitch, you, are not.    For all she knows, Kaela's a verbal sniper, she better quit giving her ammunition because she has come by those thighs honestly.  Are ya'll sure she's only 11 though?  My raggedy memory seems to like that she was 9 or 10 when we first met Kandi.  In any event I could've sworn I've heard Kandi or Todd say they're five years apart.   Wouldn't that make her closer to 13 now?

But truly, if it had been anyone else besides Cynthia, Porsha would have apologized for being an hour late or she would have been a little more timely.  She just figures she can do that to Cynthia and not apologize because she doesn't think she has to respect Cynthia.  Porsha should have walked in apologizing, she didn't need to sit down to do it.   Her apology shouldn't have to do with whether or not she thinks she needs to be nice with someone, it should have to do with simple courtesy.  If you arrive an hour late, apologize because its the right thing to do.

Just because you think someone is calm and cool enough to not go off on you for being late is no reason not to walk in apologizing for being an hour late.  Kandi tries to pull that nonsense too, like if she just randomly shows up two hours late no one should say anything, and she should just hope that no one notices.  

Simply put, IMHO, you should apologize because you did something wrong, not based on whether or not you're cool with someone or if you think that they are going to go off on you for doing something wrong.  Showing up an hour late to a lunch you set up is wrong.

THIS x Pi.   And yeah, I get that it was producer driven but I hate it whenever somebody tries to justify their wrong.    It's demonstrative of:

I think Porsha would have done that to anyone at this point.  She acts like a teenager who's always gotten away with everything, and I think she's been emboldened further by physically attacking someone and getting applauded for it.  Almost makes me wish she'd stick around as a full "housewife" for a bit longer, at least until she runs up against someone who neither finds her cute nor thinks she'd be a useful pawn.  I feel like we should get to see that part of her story, and it's bound to happen at some point.  

That meeting with Todd's daughter and Riley - AWKWARD! Riley clearly has been top dog around there, and I think she's worried that Todd's style of parenting is going to cramp her style. What the hell does a pre-teen need $100/week for? Especially when it's clear her basic needs are being met. Future Mama Joyce, that one. And I really didn't like her dig at Todd's daughter (sorry, what's her name? Kayla?) about not going to college. I'm going to remember that, so Riley better have her ass enrolled right after high school. 

well if "all the kids at Riley's school.... " drive Range Rovers, they most certainly have $100 a week allowance for the gas alone.   Chile cheese, one percenter problems.  If you need me I'll be in the corner with swankie for disliking a child and calling her a not nice name even if only in my thought bubble.

I wonder if it's the other way...or at least a bit of a loop.  Riley complains about something- like having to do chores or getting an allowance she doesn't like- and Joyce picks it up as evidence in her campaign against Todd.  Didn't Joyce throw something like that out there last season?  

Nodding.  During the original accustomed to speech in the ranch house, MJ said that Riley confided her dislike for Todd in her.  One of the reasons MJ had stopped by, in addition to trashing Kandi's ring and generally being dismissive about being gifted a mortgage free house she neither owned nor wanted, was there to *cough* advocate on Riley's behalf.

• Love 8

Apollo is setting it up so that when he gets out and goes back to a life of crime, he can blame Phaedra.

My first thought was that he was consulting with the Real Divorce Lawyer of Atlanta so that Phaedra wouldn't be able to use him when she files for divorce.  But, I'm sure I give him too much credit.  You're absolutely right!

• Love 4
I'll say it again, why is Porsha on the show. I thought she got the heave ho from TPTB over the hair pulling incident at the reunion? Yet I seem to see her more this season than last.

I think what happened was they filmed with Porsha, like she was one of the HW's  and then decided to demote her to friend due to blog pressure because of the attack on Kenya.  

I think Riley is going to grow up to be a spoiled, entitled brat and that's all on Kandi.

There's nothing wrong with being biracial.  However, there is something wrong with blaming your problems with getting along with other people on being biracial.  Perhaps people don't like you because you're a "loveable asshole"?  I could understand being 20 and below and having acceptance problems but if you're 41 and still saying "People don't like me cuz I'm biracial" the problem might be with you and your ways, not your racial mixture.  Mylittlepony from last season tried it, too.

I didn't get that Claudia was blaming her problems NOW on being biracial.  I thought she said that they were issues when she was a child.  Honestly, I didn't even know she was biracial.  

I didn't get that Claudia was blaming her problems NOW on being biracial.  I thought she said that they were issues when she was a child.  Honestly, I didn't even know she was biracial.  

When Kenya said we're like vanilla and chocolate?  Girl, I legit giggled.   Like, are we really finna do this now?  Um, she's a brown girl, like you're a brown girl.  When she was talking and going over where we might've seen her and got to the Price is Right I snapped my fingers.  I was like, ah, the black girl from Price is Right.  Yes.    She doesn't bother me at all yet.  Which made me wonder how she and (the) Kenya (I've seen onscreen) are really friends.

Something makes me think Phae knew about Apollo's apology to Kenya or wasn't the least surprised because she was uber ready with her admission that she owes Kenya an apology also.   Like there wasn't even any processing time.   I'm not sure whether to like button that or sideye it.  lol.

• Love 1

I kind of like Nene becoming an after thought in all this.  One good thing about La Leakes going off to do her other craptastic projects is that we see far less of her somehow, so far. I hope that continues, and that when she does emerge, her impact is lessened. She's become like the Auntie Mame of Atlanta -- except bitter, arrogant, and draining, instead of fun, uplifting, and outrageous.  She's not even a good Greek chorus because she can't hide her holier and richer than thou attitude. 

Here's to hoping her THOT thing tanks.  Turning on her pal Cynthia, for the thinnest of reasons really, is so petty and mean-spirited. She's styling herself to look like a version of Josephine Baker -- dream on!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that the other ladies don't want to film with Nene anymore and that this is why she's left with Porsha.  I wouldn't mess with Porsha too much though, Nene -- she's a whole lot tougher than she looks and can be pretty quick and funny with a comeback.  And, really, aside from her various C-list gigs and stirring up trouble and telling us how fabulous she is in every respect, she's got nothing going on.  Her Atlanta home isn't interesting or unique in any way and Gregg is a drag. 

Phaedra has finally become the one with the real story going on.  I thought she was pretty great last night with her "I'll apologize to Kenya" iciness and her "Poor Kenya ... "  

• Love 3
well if "all the kids at Riley's school.... " drive Range Rovers, they most certainly have $100 a week allowance for the gas alone.   Chile cheese, one percenter problems.  If you need me I'll be in the corner with swankie for disliking a child and calling her a not nice name even if only in my thought bubble.

Well, who's driving these Range Rovers? Riley ain't old enough to drive! I'll probably have to go to the corner with you. Yes, it's Kandi who has allowed Riley to turn out this way, but that doesn't make it any easier to watch. I felt very badly for Kaela in that scene. 

• Love 4

Apollo is an entitled little bitch! Wait til his lawyer catalogs what each one of them contributed to the marriage.

Porsha needs to go away. For being a "friend of", she certainly has a lot of screen time.

Porsha didn't know she was demoted until press photos came out.

Is age off limits? These people have made fun of each other based on their God given looks, the way they speak, the way they dress, their height, size, mental capacity, and so on. I don't see why age is so objectionable, and I say that as someone who is on the far side of 30.

It's not off limits -- it's just silly.  Unless something prematurely takes someone's life, everyone will age.  Why make a dig about age when everyone will be in the same position?

My first thought was that he was consulting with the Real Divorce Lawyer of Atlanta so that Phaedra wouldn't be able to use him when she files for divorce.  But, I'm sure I give him too much credit.  You're absolutely right!

My ex (the judge) did the same thing to me, however...that lawyer may had not wanted to take Apollo's case because of Phaedra being a lawyer, they may have been on opposite sides of a case in the past.  I had a lot of that with my divorce.  I am sure that Phaedra will be well represented if need be.

Did I hear Apollo correctly when he said he would have to get a job at McDonalds? So what!  Part of rehabilitation thru the criminal justice system is getting a job, honest work making an honest dollar.  Would McDonalds even hire a felon to work the cash register? 

• Love 3

Well, who's driving these Range Rovers? Riley ain't old enough to drive! I'll probably have to go to the corner with you. Yes, it's Kandi who has allowed Riley to turn out this way, but that doesn't make it any easier to watch. I felt very badly for Kaela in that scene. 

Girl bring snacks, we're getting hungry.  Lol I was being snortastic.  I wish I would give my teenager an 80 thousand dollar car to drive.   This was part of what made me think she was older though, not that Riley's driving but if she's actually in a school that's grades 8-12, she certainly has schoolmates old enough to drive.

Mindrewinding to Todd saying he'll be gone a lot with work.  Then Kandi asks how long and he's like for the next 4 months.  Then Todd is all I don't know how you'd feel at home with a baby and I'm out on the road.  Ok.  a.  it takes 10 months to fully cook a baby, what's the problem?  b.  they did talk about it before they got married, she said she wanted another one like right now.  again, what's the problem?  c.  Kandi if you do choke on a chicken bone, the guy has already gotta have a job he damn sure ain't bout to get a dime from your estate, so I reiterate, the problem again, is what? 

• Love 5

Mindrewinding to Todd saying he'll be gone a lot with work.  Then Kandi asks how long and he's like for the next 4 months.  Then Todd is all I don't know how you'd feel at home with a baby and I'm out on the road.  Ok.  a.  it takes 10 months to fully cook a baby, what's the problem?  b.  they did talk about it before they got married, she said she wanted another one like right now.  again, what's the problem?  c.  Kandi if you do choke on a chicken bone, the guy has already gotta have a job he damn sure ain't bout to get a dime from your estate, so I reiterate, the problem again, is what?

Kandi wants it both ways and she can't have it both ways.  She wants Todd at home being up underneath her but she also wants to let him know that he ain't getting a dime should they part ways (by death or divorce).  So, Todd's staying on his grind by working stacking his own dimes for when they part (because they will part).

Same thing happened with Mariah & Nick (IMO): Mariah wanted Nick to stay at home up underneath her not working and Nick stayed on his grind (b/c they probably had a similar pre-nup where Nick gets little to nothing, whether death or divorce).  Now that Nick has his coins, he doesn't have to put up with Mariah and it's over.  The same will happen with Kandi and Todd.

• Love 8

^^ Pay me little to no attention.  Just realized I'm sitting here trying to make sense outta crazy.   Done now.  :D

p.s. Nick lasted longer than I expected but *word on the street* is he cheated.  Mimi don't do dat.    Sorry cooks, I'm done being messy off topic!

• Love 3

But Porsha was the one who was rude from the get-go. Cynthia mentioned Porsha was late - it was at that point that Porsha should say, "OMG I'm so sorry, here is why I was late, etc." Instead, Porsha was all, "Well, I'm glad you could wait." with a snotty smile. Porsha clearly thought she was being cute/funny and clearly couldn't wait to joke about it with Nene. That was when Cynthia started digging into her for needing to apologize.

I just can't with Porsha. I feel genuine hatred for her. Just like with Kelly Bensimon. To me, these two are the worst specimens in Housewives history - because they represent that rare combination of being genuinely mean spirited while also being incredibly dumb while also pretending to be nice people who are the victims of others. It is such a maddening combination.

Really? I don't find Porsha mean spirited at all. Kenya with the booty pads and Nene with the loud braying every other minute I find mean spirited. Porsha is a dumb girl who you enjoy doing dumb girl things with. Porsha's your brunch girl, your gossip girl, your happy hour girl. She's not...anything else. Absolutely selfish, and self centered, but I don't see anything hateful about her at all.

• Love 7

Kandi is the perfect example of relationships by guilt. Reilly gets anything she wants, gets to do or say anything because Kandi feels guilty about raising her with no dad and had to work all the time. Her relationship with MJ is also based on guilt, as she feels guilty for making MJ work so hard, manage multiple jobs to raise her. I wish Kandi would get some counselling, I really think she could benefit from it.

I realize that Kenya should not have had her hair pulled, but girlfriend needs to own her part. She acting like she was just sitting there quietly and big bad Porsha jumped her, when In fact, Kenya had been waiving that scepter around and yelling in Porsha's face with a bullhorn for hours. Not that it justifies Porsha's action, but Kenya did provoke her and she went to the reunion intending to provoke.

I want to like Kenya, I don't think she is dumb, but I cannot stand it when she overacts in all her scenes. Like in the gardening center, instead of talking and walking, she erupts into this "oh the flora and nature" OTT speech. The does that kind of shit all.the.time. She is exhausting to watch.

Blah blah Cynthia. Who cares about your damn allegience. I am waiting her her to pull out another friend contract to have Kenya sign.

Nene needs to go away.

She didn't. She was hired for the season just like everybody else. She wasn't demoted to "Friend of" until the season had already finished filming.

I still find the "Friend of" weird as hell. I guess it means different things for different girls.

Edited by cooksdelight

But truly, if it had been anyone else besides Cynthia, Porsha would have apologized for being an hour late or she would have been a little more timely.  She just figures she can do that to Cynthia and not apologize because she doesn't think she has to respect Cynthia.  Porsha should have walked in apologizing, she didn't need to sit down to do it.   Her apology shouldn't have to do with whether or not she thinks she needs to be nice with someone, it should have to do with simple courtesy.  If you arrive an hour late, apologize because its the right thing to do.

Just because you think someone is calm and cool enough to not go off on you for being late is no reason not to walk in apologizing for being an hour late.  Kandi tries to pull that nonsense too, like if she just randomly shows up two hours late no one should say anything, and she should just hope that no one notices.  

Simply put, IMHO, you should apologize because you did something wrong, not based on whether or not you're cool with someone or if you think that they are going to go off on you for doing something wrong.  Showing up an hour late to a lunch you set up is wrong.

This is the type of shit that makes me say, "I just can't!" when it comes to Porsha.  I know this woman-child is dumber than dirt, but does one really need to be book smart to show someone a little bit of simple courtesy?  If someone was an hour late for a lunch she set up, it would take every ounce of self-control I had not to get up and leave, Bravo cameras and contracts be damned.  Does she not know how to use a cell phone to call or text?  Porsha, you're actually glad that "[someone] could wait?!" (emphasis mine).  Bitch, who in the fuck are you--other than some marginally talented, fiscally irresponsible moron with no intellectual curiosity who thought she hit the jackpot when she married a controlling creep?  How is it that that some of the most ig'nent (too stupid to just be plain ignorant) people can sometimes be the most pretentious?  

And, Cynthia?  Hush, boo!  You ain't about that life so quit trying to act like that last slice of pizza no one else wanted named Evilyn Lozado because you're coming across more fake than your considerable wig collection.  I would be more impressed if Cynthia's  newly found "street cred" was directed at that grifter she married, who's still hoping that his "How Can I Be Down?" conference fame will lead to getting a peach for himself.  I won't even touch on how he's able to fix his mouth to ask her to invest in yet another business venture and she has yet to go upside his head with a cast iron skillet and later plead temporary insanity.

Appollo- "Even though I've signed an iron-clad prenup, my trifling ass is headed to jail for 8 years, leaving my wife to provide for our two children, I deserve a cash settlement".

I'm also curious about the terms of the Nidas' prenuptial agreement.  Is there some special clause that states that if Apalling ever gets locked up again that Fakedra agrees to keep him in the lifestyle to which he's become accustomed [to]?  Or, is he simply calling in his markers in advance in exchange for the promise of spousal privilege?  The comments he made during their argument last week came across as thinly veiled threats to me, i.e., "You better hook me up--or else--because I ain't coming home to some apartment and no car!"

I guess the better question for me is why do I keep being surprised that an asshole keeps acting like a complete asshole?

• Love 5

If this season is going to be the "Kenya Apology Tour", I'm out.  Girl acts like she has done nothing but be as sweet as a peach in the summer.  Arrgh! I think she's always overacting and the "victim" mentality is just getting tired.

Kandi and her family are all about the same to me.  Mama Joyce is awful, Kandi is awful and Riley is working on being awful.  They should be happy together because nobody else is gonna want to hang with them.  Let's hope Kandi keeps making those coins, because if she falls short, the other two are gonna be really upset with her.

Is that Randy lawyer guy the ONLY attorney in Atlanta besides Phaedra?

• Love 7

Apollo is really dumber than a load of laundry, isn't he?  I'm sure Phaedra drew up an ironclad pre-nup so good luck wringing any water out of that stone.  

I could not believe Appollo actually thinks he shouldn't have to work when he gets out of jail b/c The Man took all his ill-gotten money from him.

Yes, that's the real-life plan. Kandi really should have reminded production that she and Todd had already announced to people after attending Kayla's graduation that she was moving to Atlanta to attend college. Their scripted storyline for this season to set up Kayla and Riley as rivals is just too over-the-top fake. I've seen far too many photos of them on trips and outings together, they look like they get along just fine.

Shame on Kandi and Todd for allowing their daughters to be protrayed this way. They may think "Oh, it's just play-acting for TV" but their friends might not realize that.

When this scene played out, I was starting to wonder if I had a senior moment and had imagined someone saying Kayla was going to college in ATL!

• Love 3

If this season is going to be the "Kenya Apology Tour", I'm out.  Girl acts like she has done nothing but be as sweet as a peach in the summer.  Arrgh! I think she's always overacting and the "victim" mentality is just getting tired.

Really? I don't find Porsha mean spirited at all. Kenya with the booty pads 

Thanks for the reminder. I almost forgot how ridiculous and mean-spirited Kenya was during donkey booty fitness tape gate. I feel like I need a refresher course for all Kenya's prior acts of fuckery. I guess I should've watched prior season but I can't bring myself to watch HW re-runs unless they are of the 'classic' variety e.g. Scary Island. 

Lisa Vanderpump be damned, I think Kenya is most definitely the 1st chess player that the HW franchises has ever seen. I think she sets up situations (and makes sure to gets receipt - i.e. sends emails return receipt requested and keeps all text and voice messages) and lets the HWs hang themselves due to their known poor impulse control. Case in point - Nene at that so called charity gala. Sent the moose an invitation that Kenya can show that she opens but fails to state that Nene would be an honoree who will be required to give a speech. It's brilliant in its simplicity. What Nene and the others fail to realize is that if they killed her with kindness (use the advice Kenya's aunt is giving her) that Kenya would most likely have been fired for lack of interest or storyline or at the very least been marginalized and on the cusp. Meaning if Nene had walked up and said a few lovely words, Kenya would have been neutralized and Nene would not have looked the fool at that event and gotten into it with Peter, which likely wouldn't have had her calling him a bitch later on and led to the fallout with Cynthia.

WOW at Apollo saying that he loved Pha but despised her. Such an ugly thing to say. Also, odds are when he gets out, he is likely to go back to his criminal ways. How the fuck you gonna be off to prison in a few weeks for a long ass stint and sit up in a lawyers office talking about how on release you don't want to be in a half way house, working at McDonalds and forced to go back to committing crimes?!? There is something so wrong with that picture.

Something tells me that Kandi already filled in Pha on Apollo's confession way before they filmed that scene. Good that Phae said she needed to apologize to Kenya but will she?

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 3

1) I love, love, love the new Cynthia. It's about time. Now she just needs to kick peter to the curb.

2) I also think the awkward scene with Kayla, Todd, Riley, and Kandi was all BS. In real life I don't think they girls have an issue with each other at all.

They don't know each other well. But that doesn't equal having and issue with a person.

3) Re Apollo, Phaedra brought all this on herself. And she does owe Kenya an apology. Because even if she did believe Apollo about Kenya. She -- being the church going woman she claims to be -- still didn't have to respond by calling Kenya a whore every time she could.

4) Porsha can leave now. She adds nothing

5) Bye to Nene, too

6) Don't think I'll EVER care one iota about Claudia.....I'm done with her and she's only been on two weeks.

To me, it's just such a fabrication that she's on the show. And...it just. so. happens. that she moved to Atlanta, AND knows Kenya AND now she's on the show. UGH!

7) That Porsha/Kenya fight was more than just hair pulling. There was pushing and shoving and Porsha ended up on the floor. That's a lot more than hair pulling.  In years gone buy, when someone pulled Kim's wig -- THAT was hair pulling. What Porsha did clearly qualifies as an attack.. The Kenya hate is so irrational that people can't see that?

Edited by selhars
  • Love 8
To me, it's just such a fabrication that she's on the show. And...it just. so. happens. that she moved to Atlanta, AND knows Kenya AND now she's on the show. UGH!

No more of a fabrication than Kenya being on the show; she lives in LA.  

• Love 3

she feels guilty for making MJ work so hard, manage multiple jobs to raise her.

Kandi didn't make Joyce do anything. Joyce is Kandi's mother; it's her obligation to support her minor children. Kandi's dad not being in the picture (right?) isn't Kandi's fault. I am certain Joyce talks all kinds of "boo hoo I had to work so hard, that's why I'm entitled to a 7 bedroom house and a maid to clean it" mess, but all but the 1% work to keep food on the table. It's part of parenting. Joyce hasn't supported Kandi since Kandi was 17; it's not appropriate for her to play that card, although I'm sure she does.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 8

Something makes me think Phae knew about Apollo's apology to Kenya or wasn't the least surprised because she was uber ready with her admission that she owes Kenya an apology also.   Like there wasn't even any processing time.   I'm not sure whether to like button that or sideye it.  lol.

I wrote the same thing in the "First Look" thread. Seriously bad acting. She deserves a Razzie award for the "Poor Kenya" line alone.

Q re: Apollo. If Phaedra doesn't give him the "cash settlement" he wants, can he simply refuse to divorce her? He mentioned something like a non-contested divorce, and I'm wondering if that's about divorcing someone in prison.

I'm 100% convinced that Porsha wasn't wearing a headpiece, but that she didn't know how to put on a necklace without adult supervision.

I legit snickered in my office. I wasn't ready!

I just can't with Porsha. I feel genuine hatred for her. Just like with Kelly Bensimon. To me, these two are the worst specimens in Housewives history - because they represent that rare combination of being genuinely mean spirited while also being incredibly dumb while also pretending to be nice people who are the victims of others. It is such a maddening combination.

You have said all that I feel about Porsha (and Kelly Bensimon). To hear Porsha tell it, she doesn't do anything; it's everyone else who is the problem.

Phaedra should have just gone to a sperm bank and called it a day.

Nope. Because then she would never have had the satisfaction about throwing it in someone's face that they don't have a huzzzzbin

• Love 5

Q re: Apollo. If Phaedra doesn't give him the "cash settlement" he wants, can he simply refuse to divorce her? He mentioned something like a non-contested divorce, and I'm wondering if that's about divorcing someone in prison.

Yes, it is. I know someone whose husband went to prison for attempted murder and witness intimidation. She divorced him while he was there and there wasn't a thing he could do about it. Believe me, if he could have escaped and come after her to stop her, he would have. I'm guessing Phaedra has an ironclad prenup, because she knew what kind of person she was marrying. Since any and all assets Apollo has will go toward settling his restitution, that entire scene with the attorney was useless. Even the attorney seemed to be in the dark about why he was there.

Even if they did manage to dig up some money that Apollo contributed during their marriage, it's already spoken for. He is just as dumb as they come. He really thinks he's going to waltz out of there, get back into his Mercedes and drive off to Buckhead.

• Love 7

And I took Riley's momentary lapse as her forgetting her lines. And Kandi had to prompt her so she'd remember what it was she was supposed to say.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!  It's their storyline.   Riley, Kalya, etc. are being paid for the show.   Same with Mama Joyce.  They are all playing characters.  There little about reality TV that is actually unscripted.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 5

Yes, it is. I know someone whose husband went to prison for attempted murder and witness intimidation. She divorced him while he was there and there wasn't a thing he could do about it. Believe me, if he could have escaped and come after her to stop her, he would have. I'm guessing Phaedra has an ironclad prenup, because she knew what kind of person she was marrying. Since any and all assets Apollo has will go toward settling his restitution, that entire scene with the attorney was useless. Even the attorney seemed to be in the dark about why he was there.

Got it. Thanks. Apollo talking about his money was reminiscent of when he defended going to strip clubs and dropping thousands of his money, he kept saying. He just doesn't get it. He stole money, he was caught, and now he's broke and in debt for life. Crime doesn't pay, kids!

• Love 3

WOW at Apollo saying that he loved Pha but despised her. Such an ugly thing to say. Also, odds are when he gets out, he is likely to go back to his criminal ways. How the fuck you gonna be off to prison in a few weeks for a long ass stint and sit up in a lawyers office talking about how on release you don't want to be in a half way house, working at McDonalds and forced to go back to committing crimes?!? There is something so wrong with that picture.

Something tells me that Kandi already filled in Pha on Apollo's confession way before they filmed that scene. Good that Phae said she needed to apologize to Kenya but will she?

He only verbalized what the audience saw for themselves months ago, particularly at Dylan's "naming" ceremony and in Mexico.  A man who leaves his wife sitting outside their hotel room (looking like Miss Jane Pittman) at 2 a.m. to go party, calls her vile names and basically tells her she can find another way to get home clearly despises his wife.  He couldn't even hide his hostility toward her even if he wanted to.  Now that the grits have hit the pan, the kid gloves are off.

There's nothing more entitled than a sociopathic felon who complains about the money "the Man" took from him--as if if that money was his.  He refuses to acknowledge that he acquired his ill-gotten gains with money stolen from hard-working retirees and by stealing other people's identities.  I would bet dollars to donuts that Appalling will receive numerous marriage proposals while he's doing his bid, and will either before he is released.  After all, doesn't the DOC typically require a returning citizen to have a stable address before his release?  Given the rapid speed in which Appalling started committing crimes after his release from prison (and despite being visible on a highly successful "reality" show), he will make sure that he has a mark in place.  His mark--new wife--will ensure that he won't have to work at McDonald's and will ensure he has a place to lay his head once he's done with the halfway house.

• Love 9

This tells me that Todd may be already having second thoughts about this marriage.  Who could blame him with the abuse he and his family have taken from Joyce and Kandi's nonchalance  about it.  I think maybe he's starting to see a side of Kandi he didn't see before they were married.

This was exactly what I was thinking. He probably realizes that the realationship is not strong enough to hold up to Mama  Joyce and to that brat Riley. There is something seriously wrrong with Kandi, IMO. It's one thing to love your mother in spite of her issues,, but Kandi is off the charts defensive of the crazy, vile bitch. She is clearly fine with her daughter growing up to be a bitch as well. Run Todd. Run fast and far.

The other thing I got out of last night is true Porsha hate. I have long thought she was a moron and boring, but last night I went to full on hate. An hour late and bitch doesn't only not apologize she actually adds an insult by saying Cynthia had nothing  else to do? Stupid little moron needs to get completely out of the show. She really adds nothing anyway and nothing could ever top the Underground Railroad sutpidity anyway. Just go.

• Love 11

I still find the "Friend of" weird as hell. I guess it means different things for different girls.

I think "Friend of" in Bravo terms means less money and less of a chance of being on the show in the next season. Basically the equivalent of being demoted in any regular job.

I also hope Rickey Smiley stays off the screen. He's not funny to me.

I used to feel this way about Rickey Smiley too until I saw this: http://youtu.be/LW4jtwwJNaU

Edited by cooksdelight
OC original quote removed.

Porsha has been trash from jump but it was truly on display last night. Whoever said that she's a professional victim was right. Let her tell it, everyone has hurt Porsha from Cordell to Kenya to Cynthia. Boo hoo. Nothing worse than a bitch that can't admit she's a bitch. I was cheering new and improved Cynthia on last night. Miss Long Chin, be gone! 

• Love 11

I will have to watch it again but I'm curious to take another look at the dinner that Cynthia cooked for Peter. It did look like straight up bowtie pasta -- enhanced with huge wine glasses, of course, and white!

She made vegetables and shrimp to go on the pasta.

Both Cynthia and Porsha are much better supporting players, they should not be the sole players in a scene together.

• Love 2

This was exactly what I was thinking. He probably realizes that the realationship is not strong enough to hold up to Mama  Joyce and to that brat Riley. There is something seriously wrrong with Kandi, IMO. It's one thing to love your mother in spite of her issues,, but Kandi is off the charts defensive of the crazy, vile bitch. She is clearly fine with her daughter growing up to be a bitch as well. Run Todd. Run fast and far.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few women like Kandi--highly successful when it comes to their careers but notorious for making stupid choices when it comes to relationships.  They say they want a partner who treats them well and that they don't want to be alone.  Yet, they pathologically put up all kinds of emotional and physical barriers that all but guarantee that they will end up alone. It's clear that Kandi brought all kinds of emotional baggage into her relationship with Todd, as well as excess baggage (Mama Joyce) and that she refuses to set appropriate boundaries.

Mama Joyce is nothing but a soulless cypher who is an emotional black hole of nothingness and a drain on the senses and pocketbook.  Evidently, Kandi is used to it because she refuses to do anything to break away from that prison of guilt that Mama Joyce thrives on.  What was the point of that therapy session last season especially if Kandi refuses to do anything differently?  What is she going to do next?  Produce another semi-autobiographical play complete with a scene of matricide?

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to wonder if the late A.J. was a better match for Kandi after all?

• Love 6

Claudia has a more legitimate reason to be in Atlanta than Kenya did/does: Claudia's JOB is in Atlanta.

Kenya moved there to be in a fake relationship with the Gucci wearing tow truck driver.

Actually for kicks and giggles Nene or Porsha should throw a party and invite Walter, since Walter was allegedly such good friends with the rest of the guys.

• Love 4

Apollo is really dumber than a load of laundry, isn't he?

My laundry takes offense with being compared to Apollo.   He is nothing but a con man, apparently.  The day he became a parent he lost the right to be too important and prideful to work behind the counter at Mickey D's, season ticket holder or not.   

Thank God he and Porsha never hooked up and procreated.  She is basically harmless but when you make Paris Hilton look like a fucking genius . . . girl.   And I am sick to death of these hos rolling up an hour late like it's nothing.  It's rude and there is absolutely no excuse. 

I've always liked Kandi but she needs to get her house in order.  Moving that beast Mama Joyce in down the street is a HUGE mistake.  And letting Riley sit in and participate on Kaela's rules?  Hell no.   As other posters have said, Riley is well on her way to being a spoiled brat if Kandi doesn't check that.   Todd seems like a nice man and he does come across as intelligent so don't mess it up, Kandi.

I don't mind Cynthia although I'm not about to take anyone seriously who married Peter. 

Nene?  Why is she on this show?  She's clearly too good and she has very little interaction with the other hos.  She can take several dozen seats with her remark that Phaedra doesn't owe Kenya an apology.  Oh yes she does.  It doesn't matter to me that Apollo lied, Phaedra still perpetuated the lie by telling everyone what Apollo said and calling Kenya a whore. 

Whoever said that Kenya's aunt Lori should be moderating the reunions, I love you.  That would be perfect.  She doesn't seem to put up with any b.s.

I'm meh about Claudia right now.  She seemed to be trying awful hard last night. 

• Love 6

Here's to hoping her THOT thing tanks.  Turning on her pal Cynthia, for the thinnest of reasons really, is so petty and mean-spirited.

That wasn't Nene - it was Porsha. Nene didn't even know what the term meant. Nene went in on Kenya, but said nothing about Cynthia at all in that moment.

• Love 1
WOW at Apollo saying that he loved Pha but despised her. Such an ugly thing to say.

"I despise everything about her, but I still love her". Do what now? How does that work exactly? I can see saying there are things your spouse does that you hate, but you still love them. But how on earth can you despise EVERYTHING about them, and still love them? That fool makes no sense. 

• Love 5

NYCFree -- Thank you setting me straight on the menu.  Happy to hear it.  Looked like such a sad little plate of pasta. 

lovetowrite73--Thank you for the correction.  I was listening without watching and didn't recognize the voices. 

As for Cynthia being furious with Porsha for making her wait an hour without warning, I wonder sometimes if the HWs end up even angrier with one another because they can't take their fury out on the producers and the crew. 

Cynthia did look sideswiped by the delay.  Porsha seemed pretty confident -- I gather she was doing as told.  Or being an ass -- or both.  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 1