Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: All Tea All Shade

• Start Topic

Riley was giving me Mama Joyce in a training bra feels with that one liner!

Not just that line – the cocked head, the half drawl half snarling delivery, even the way she moved (or didn’t move) her mouth... slap a Prince Valiant wig on her and call it done.  (Just kidding – there’s time to redeem herself.  Except I suspect things won’t change.  You teach people how to treat you, and Riley has had a front row seat at her grandmother’s knee to how you “handle” Kandi.)

It will be very interesting to see Kandi's reaction if/when Joyce goes at Todd while his daughter is present, and if she rises to it.  Because Kandi, we know, is all about how much respect you owe your parent, and guess what, Todd is that girl's parent, so Kandi should be prepared for her to defend him just as strongly as Kandi does her idiot mother.

Can't really tell much about Todd's daughter yet, though it would amuse me if she inquired sweetly if Joyce was "okay?  I mean, she's taking her medications correctly?"

Edited by kassa
  • Love 7

The only one who's thirsty enough to appear on this show.

Speaking of which... Nene's talking heads were hard to watch. OMG, it was like watching some old tired flapper from the 1920s wanting to break into talkies.

She looked like a reject from a Boardwalk Empire casting call. 

• Love 8

Todd must really love Kandi to put up with this.  Joyce has disrespected his mother, his job, his character, and (I strongly suspect) his daughter.  Joyce is motivated by one thing and one thing only: Kandi's money.  She would rather have Kandi miserable and alone if it means less competition for the access to the bank accounts.  She is a miserable, horrible woman and I have no doubt that she is poisoning Riley, too.  Kandi is blind and I think she'll end up alone.

• Love 10

Porsha didn't know she was demoted until press photos came out.

It's not off limits -- it's just silly. Unless something prematurely takes someone's life, everyone will age. Why make a dig about age when everyone will be in the same position?

Exactly. Not everyone will be thought of as ugly or as having a low iq, overweight, or FAT KNEES (omg!?!!!), etc. in their lifetime, but each person will be each age up until they die.

• Love 1

This is the type of shit that makes me say, "I just can't!" when it comes to Porsha.  I know this woman-child is dumber than dirt, but does one really need to be book smart to show someone a little bit of simple courtesy?  If someone was an hour late for a lunch she set up, it would take every ounce of self-control I had not to get up and leave, Bravo cameras and contracts be damned.  Does she not know how to use a cell phone to call or text?  Porsha, you're actually glad that "[someone] could wait?!" (emphasis mine).  Bitch, who in the fuck are you--other than some marginally talented, fiscally irresponsible moron with no intellectual curiosity who thought she hit the jackpot when she married a controlling creep?  How is it that that some of the most ig'nent (too stupid to just be plain ignorant) people can sometimes be the most pretentious?  

And, Cynthia?  Hush, boo!  You ain't about that life so quit trying to act like that last slice of pizza no one else wanted named Evilyn Lozado because you're coming across more fake than your considerable wig collection.  I would be more impressed if Cynthia's  newly found "street cred" was directed at that grifter she married, who's still hoping that his "How Can I Be Down?" conference fame will lead to getting a peach for himself.  I won't even touch on how he's able to fix his mouth to ask her to invest in yet another business venture and she has yet to go upside his head with a cast iron skillet and later plead temporary insanity.

I'm also curious about the terms of the Nidas' prenuptial agreement.  Is there some special clause that states that if Apalling ever gets locked up again that Fakedra agrees to keep him in the lifestyle to which he's become accustomed [to]?  Or, is he simply calling in his markers in advance in exchange for the promise of spousal privilege?  The comments he made during their argument last week came across as thinly veiled threats to me, i.e., "You better hook me up--or else--because I ain't coming home to some apartment and no car!"

I guess the better question for me is why do I keep being surprised that an asshole keeps acting like a complete asshole?

Cynthia got to the restaurant at 15 minutes after the hour and Porsha arrived at 15 minutes to the hour, there was a 30 minute gap, not an hour as Cynthia tried to sell it. Production made sure to keep showing the clock and that alone makes me suspect it was all producer driven. Most likely, the producers told Cynthia 1 time and Porsha another time, a trick they have been called out on several times on different HW shows. Either that or they told Cynthia to wait and blast Porsha while telling Porsha to take her time and then blast Cynthia when she gets there. LOL

Todd must really love Kandi to put up with this.  Joyce has disrespected his mother, his job, his character, and (I strongly suspect) his daughter.  Joyce is motivated by one thing and one thing only: Kandi's money.  She would rather have Kandi miserable and alone if it means less competition for the access to the bank accounts.  She is a miserable, horrible woman and I have no doubt that she is poisoning Riley, too.  Kandi is blind and I think she'll end up alone.

Joyce was nasty to/about Todd's daughter the day of the wedding and Riley saw/heard it and broke down in tears because her GM was so nasty. Joyce is a very bitter, nasty, piece of trash that loves causing others pain.

• Love 5

Cynthia got to the restaurant at 15 minutes after the hour and Porsha arrived at 15 minutes to the hour, there was a 30 minute gap, not an hour as Cynthia tried to sell it. Production made sure to keep showing the clock and that alone makes me suspect it was all producer driven. Most likely, the producers told Cynthia 1 time and Porsha another time, a trick they have been called out on several times on different HW shows. Either that or they told Cynthia to wait and blast Porsha while telling Porsha to take her time and then blast Cynthia when she gets there. LOL

Joyce was nasty to/about Todd's daughter the day of the wedding and Riley saw/heard it and broke down in tears because her GM was so nasty. Joyce is a very bitter, nasty, piece of trash that loves causing others pain.

I have to ask how you know that it was only 30 minutes?  If it was by the clock, that seems like a production effect.  Cynthia said that she was an hour late, and it wasn't like Porsha denied it, so it doesn't seem like a producer trick.  Cynthia also said that Porsha had called her to set up the meeting, so it makes it sound like there was some communication with Porsha as to the time.

But was there something else said/done that makes you believe that it was only a 30 minute gap?

I went to college right out of high school, and I wish I had taken a year or two off to figure out what it was I really wanted to do, and to explore different paths before going to college.  I think college is a much better experience if you can study something that you have a passion for or an interest in.  But going to college just to go may not be the wisest idea.  Maybe Kayla will do some exploring in the fashion industry, and maybe she will like it, and can see how college can fit into helping her with that, or she will not like it and then she can look at something else without having wasted her time on classes she won't use and doesn't need.

I wish I had taken a year of two off as well; however, it would have been WWIII if I had done so because Mrs. Smith would not have allowed it.

I think its different for people who don't have to go to school like Kayla.  She has the opportunity to take courses that interest her instead of taking courses toward degrees that provide a paycheck after college.  If she is interested in owning a boutique, then business courses are a must.  Now, she has a mentor that can give her real world exposure, but those college courses can help round out her knowledge.  The other reason for going to college is to build a business/social network.  She is new to Atlanta and college is a great way to find and build life long friendships.

A friend's daughter took a year off and she's bored out of her mind.  Her friends are away at college, having fun while she's hanging around with 60-year-olds at the restoration village where she's working and she's too young to go to bars and too old to hang out with the kids back in high school.  A 'gap year' is great if you're Prince William and you're building giraffe habitats in Africa or studying Chaucer in England but if you're home sitting around fighting with your stepsister, you end up like … Ashlee on RHoNJ or heaven forbid, the Curtin girls.  

My brother has six kids and his attitude is, I'll pay for college or a trade school (cosmetology, mechanics etc.) but if you want to sit around, then you've declared you're an adult and you'll be paying your own bills.  And if they STILL couldn't figure out what they wanted to do, he was more than happy to march them down to the military recruiters office.  Which, by the way, is not a bad idea for kids who don't know what they want. 

If Kayla was MY daughter, I'd tell her to go over to the local community college and look into taking business courses, art courses, fashion design courses and computer courses and then she can easily find work at a local retail store to get a feel for the industry.  College may not be for everybody, but it's difficult to believe she graduated from high school in New York and could still act like she had no idea what was coming next besides earning $30,000 a season as a bit player for RHoA. 

And maybe if Kandi had a business degree, she wouldn't have gotten financially outsmarted by that cow Kim.

• Love 9

Cynthia is getting on my last nerve. She doesn't have an original thought in her head.

Cynthia is the most beautiful housewife out of all of the franchises but I just don't get the outfits that she wears. Her clothes look cheap and appear to be something that you could buy in the clearance section at Ross. She is too old to wear baseball caps and little girl braids. Kandi has more style today than Cynthia.

Edited by Showthyme
  • Love 2

I have to ask how you know that it was only 30 minutes?  If it was by the clock, that seems like a production effect.  Cynthia said that she was an hour late, and it wasn't like Porsha denied it, so it doesn't seem like a producer trick.  Cynthia also said that Porsha had called her to set up the meeting, so it makes it sound like there was some communication with Porsha as to the time.

But was there something else said/done that makes you believe that it was only a 30 minute gap?

It looked like the restaurant clock. They clearly showed it on the episode. Cynthia could have said an hour for effect, I would not put it past her. She was fighting to keep her slot on the show just as Porsha was. Although Porsha did not deny it, she also did not confirm it either but looked a little surprised so I really believe that this was a producer staged scene and both women knew it. Oh and no other customer (aka/production crew members) got up and left after finishing their lunches! LOL

Edited by WireWrap

It looked like the restaurant clock. They clearly showed it on the episode. Cynthia could have said an hour for effect, I would not put it past her. She was fighting to keep her slot on the show just as Porsha was. Although Porsha did not deny it, she also did not confirm it either but looked a little surprised so I really believe that this was a producer staged scene and both women knew it. Oh and no other customer (aka/production crew members) got up and left after finishing their lunches! LOL

I don't know, I wouldn't trust the restaurant clock footage.  Because that sounds like a very classic producer trick.  Film a woman walking in, and then cut to the clock.  It appears to be the time the woman showed up, but the clock footage has been edited in.  I would have fewer questions if they filmed Cynthia walking in under a clock and then Porsha walking in under the clock, but I think its easy to simply splice in clock footage.  

In this situation, I would believe Cynthia before I would believe random clock footage.  And Porsha has shown up late to other events, by a few hours to Nene's weekend IIRC, so its not hard to believe that she thought it would be cute for her to show up an hour late.

Porsha had her hackles up, so I can't help but think that if she didn't think she was an hour late she would have said something.  Porsha can be very defensive, and if she thought she was only 15 minutes or even half an hour late, she would have said something, IMO.  And Cynthia said that this was a meeting that Porsha set up, so the time would have very likely been communicated between the two of them.

And even beyond that, even if she thought she was only 30 minutes late, thats still pretty unacceptable to keep someone waiting half an hour for you, and so Porsha should have still apologized.  Even though I think Cynthia was right and she was an hour late.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 1

I don't know, I wouldn't trust the restaurant clock footage.  Because that sounds like a very classic producer trick.  Film a woman walking in, and then cut to the clock.  It appears to be the time the woman showed up, but the clock footage has been edited in.  I would have fewer questions if they filmed Cynthia walking in under a clock and then Porsha walking in under the clock, but I think its easy to simply splice in clock footage.  

In this situation, I would believe Cynthia before I would believe random clock footage.  And Porsha has shown up late to other events, by a few hours to Nene's weekend IIRC, so its not hard to believe that she thought it would be cute for her to show up an hour late.

Porsha had her hackles up, so I can't help but think that if she didn't think she was an hour late she would have said something.  Porsha can be very defensive, and if she thought she was only 15 minutes or even half an hour late, she would have said something, IMO.  And Cynthia said that this was a meeting that Porsha set up, so the time would have very likely been communicated between the two of them.

The meetings, party invites and stuff like that are arranged by the producers not the HWs. They need to find a restaurant/site that will allow filming, then they need to get signed waivers from everyone on the staff and also anyone that is to be filmed outside the cast and crew. Most likely, everyone we saw, except the staff, were members of the production crew! Porsha did not set up this meeting, the Producers did and they were the ones to set the time. Think back to the PJ party that Nene "hosted", Kenya was late, Nene blew up and the fight happened. Kenya said that the producers knew before hand that she would be late to the party.....seems they forgot to tell Nene to up the drama! Doing that is an old production trick that they have used across the boards on all of the HW shows no matter the city. LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Help a poster out. What is this THOT that is being mentioned? Is it from the episode or something else? I have only watched a little bit of this week's episode.

I copied this explanation from Kenya's Bravo blog, I did not know the meaning either!   THOT - "an acronym meaning “those hos over there.”"

I copied this explanation from Kenya's Bravo blog, I did not know the meaning either!   THOT - "an acronym meaning “those hos over there.”"

Apparently it's actually "That Ho Over There".  I only learned of this a couple of months ago, guess I'm getting old.

A friend's daughter took a year off and she's bored out of her mind. Her friends are away at college, having fun while she's hanging around with 60-year-olds at the restoration village where she's working and she's too young to go to bars and too old to hang out with the kids back in high school. A 'gap year' is great if you're Prince William and you're building giraffe habitats in Africa or studying Chaucer in England but if you're home sitting around fighting with your stepsister, you end up like … Ashlee on RHoNJ or heaven forbid, the Curtin girls.

My brother has six kids and his attitude is, I'll pay for college or a trade school (cosmetology, mechanics etc.) but if you want to sit around, then you've declared you're an adult and you'll be paying your own bills. And if they STILL couldn't figure out what they wanted to do, he was more than happy to march them down to the military recruiters office. Which, by the way, is not a bad idea for kids who don't know what they want.

If Kayla was MY daughter, I'd tell her to go over to the local community college and look into taking business courses, art courses, fashion design courses and computer courses and then she can easily find work at a local retail store to get a feel for the industry. College may not be for everybody, but it's difficult to believe she graduated from high school in New York and could still act like she had no idea what was coming next besides earning $30,000 a season as a bit player for RHoA.

And maybe if Kandi had a business degree, she wouldn't have gotten financially outsmarted by that cow Kim.

I think it depends on family goals. I took college courses for 8 years, all successfully, but have never been expected to work. I only had advanced education because I liked learning and achieving in an academic environment. I've had others think that's snotty or just plain odd that my father has been creating a home and family for me, but I know I do best at home. IF Riley wants to go to college, I think Kandi will pay for it. But, I know nothing of Kaela's grades or goals. How did she do in high school? Is she dating? I think that if the whole family is okay with the children being there, well, why not?

Todd must really love Kandi to put up with this. Joyce has disrespected his mother, his job, his character, and (I strongly suspect) his daughter. Joyce is motivated by one thing and one thing only: Kandi's money. She would rather have Kandi miserable and alone if it means less competition for the access to the bank accounts. She is a miserable, horrible woman and I have no doubt that she is poisoning Riley, too. Kandi is blind and I think she'll end up alone.

What else would expect from MJ.? During the wedding special, she said she could care less about Kaela, with Riley in the room. Edited by Chrissytd

Besides, it's obvious that Cynthia don't ever act like that. She's been doing this new Kenya Nene Bitch Personality and it is so dry.

I don't know. Cynthia is definitely off her game this season -- weight, wardrobe and wig-wise -- but I have to believe you don't succeed in the modeling industry and hang out with the types of people she has and not gotten your bitch game up. I just think she was trying to keep it low-key and let the nicer side show. I think now she's like, fuck it, I'm telling bitches off. But poor thing is out of practice. That medical condition of hers jacked e'rything up! 

In this kind of confrontations usually the one who can keep the cool head is the one who wins and it pains me to say this because I dislike Porsha so much but in this scene, it was obvious to me that despite arriving late, the one who lost it with the pissy attitude was Cynthia.

I hated that she was punching down with Porsha. I wanted her to be cool about it, although I would have liked her sass if she had been ya know, articulate or something. She won Bravo though, because through it all the camera stayed on Cynthia and we heard every word of her (admittedly struggling) read, while Porsha was noise in the background because she barely got on-camera time in the back-and-forth of that argument.

I just can't with Porsha. I feel genuine hatred for her. Just like with Kelly Bensimon. To me, these two are the worst specimens in Housewives history - because they represent that rare combination of being genuinely mean spirited while also being incredibly dumb while also pretending to be nice people who are the victims of others. It is such a maddening combination.

Bingo. Like I say about some of these neighbors in my co-op who are always coming for me, mean and stupid is a bad combination. Porsha can just have a seat talking shit about Cynthia being a bad-ass now. I didn't hear PORSHA popping a lot of shit when she was busy playing mild-mannered dutiful gold-digger, err, wife to Cordell.

I could not figure out if Kayla was surprised by the cameras being there and that was the reason for her being awkward there or the fact that she knew she was there for a story line for Todd.

Nah, she was miked up for the scene which means they knew about the cameras before even going in the door. It was also not new to her because she was in the wedding. Plus Todd no doubt talked to her about the cameras being up when they got back and asked if she were ready.

When Kenya said we're like vanilla and chocolate?  Girl, I legit giggled.   Like, are we really finna do this now?  Um, she's a brown girl, like you're a brown girl.

Something makes me think Phae knew about Apollo's apology to Kenya or wasn't the least surprised because she was uber ready with her admission that she owes Kenya an apology also.   Like there wasn't even any processing time.   I'm not sure whether to like button that or sideye it.  lol.

Yeah, I had to hit the side eye on that vanilla/chocolate comment too! And thanks for bringing that up, I meant to make that comment that Phaedra was not selling that scene at. all.  She hit that face twist, but we've all seen it before when she's given information and is about to lie. Unfortunately for her there were no bees around and she ain't have no breast pump to work with.

And this is week 3-for-3 in Phaedra doing her version of  "my four beautiful daughters." Did we see this much of Ayden and Dylan last season? I think she's keeping them front and center for sympathy, really. Poor, poor Phaedra, left behind by that awful husband she gave a second chance to! With those beautiful boys who won't know their father. Poor Phaedra. (My ass.) She was in it up to her neck with him for years even before his "unfortunate incarceration", even while he was being arrested under multiple aliases. She really needs to stop with this revisionist history; she knows who she married.

I don't make a secret of the fact that I cannot stand undisciplined spur'led ass children.

This right here? Is why you and me, us never part, Makidada. ..

A man who leaves his wife sitting outside their hotel room (looking like Miss Jane Pittman) at 2 a.m. to go party

Do. Not. Resuscitate.

• Love 11

Help a poster out. What is this THOT that is being mentioned? Is it from the episode or something else? I have only watched a little bit of this week's episode.

I never heard of it before, either, but then again, I hang with a better class of people than Porsha does.
  • Love 2

I hated that she was punching down with Porsha.. I wanted her to be cool about it, although I would have liked her sass if she had been ya know, articulate or something. She won Bravo though, because through it all the camera stayed on Cynthia and we heard every word of her (admittedly struggling) read, while Porsha was noise in the background because she barely got on-camera time in the back-and-forth of that argument.

That's it exactly. She knows Porsha's MO. She has no respect for other people's time. And her fighting style is to be the shrillest, shriekiest, yapping chihuahua in the room. Instead of trying to match that, I wish Cynthia had maintained her composure.

• Love 4

I don't know. Cynthia is definitely off her game this season -- weight, wardrobe and wig-wise -- but I have to believe you don't succeed in the modeling industry and hang out with the types of people she has and not gotten your bitch game up. I just think she was trying to keep it low-key and let the nicer side show. I think now she's like, fuck it, I'm telling bitches off. But poor thing is out of practice. That medical condition of hers jacked e'rything up! 

She needs to practice her reads in front of the mirror like Phaedra.

• Love 5

I think it depends on family goals. I took college courses for 8 years, all successfully, but have never been expected to work. I only had advanced education because I liked learning and achieving in an academic environment. I've had others think that's snotty or just plain odd that my father has been creating a home and family for me, but I know I do best at home. IF Riley wants to go to college, I think Kandi will pay for it. But, I know nothing of Kaela's grades or goals. How did she do in high school? Is she dating? I think that if the whole family is okay with the children being there, well, why not?

I mean this with respect, so please don't take it the wrong way.  I don't think its snotty that your parents are helping you.  I have parents who can be super helpful too.  However, being out on my own did so much for me.  I struggled, but that struggle helped me understand how able I was, how much depth and power I have.   I think some struggle is good for a person, but your ability to struggle and succeed in spite of struggling will teach you so much about yourself and give you so much pride. Working and paying my own bills empowered me, doing all of that while in college helped me to respect myself and my abilities.  It's hard to explain, but it has helped to shape who I am and has given me an enormous amount of self confidence.  It isn't anything anyone can pay for or give to you, but its priceless.

I surely don't know the specifics of your situation, but those are just my thoughts. 

• Love 7

Finally watched the episode... 

When Claudia said that she's conquered Europe, I had to quickly check with all my friends. All of whom, like me, have only just heard of her in this past week because of RHOA. 

The Cynthia / Porsha fight sounded like my kids (aged 5 & 3) when they start their nonsensical arguing. 

Is Apollo hoping to find a way around the pre-nup? And instead of trying to blame the government for taking everything from him, maybe he should blame himself for taking it all from the people who earned it in the first place. He already had a chance to walk out of prison into a good situation and he messed that up, having to start over and work in McDonalds this time is no-one's fault but his own. 

Porsha and the THOT business, seriously hypocritical. I used to like Porsha but she's really grating on me these days. 

And did I really hear Riley say that she didn't want an allowance because it would limit her money?! Spoilt brat territory has been entered. 

• Love 2
And even beyond that, even if she thought she was only 30 minutes late, thats still pretty unacceptable to keep someone waiting half an hour for you, and so Porsha should have still apologized.

Agreed. Especially when (are you ready for a dose of your own medicine, Porsha?) - what does SHE have to do all day???

• Love 4

When Claudia said that she's conquered Europe, I had to quickly check with all my friends. All of whom, like me, have only just heard of her in this past week because of RHOA.

Yup. Me, too. I don't watch 'The Price is Right', so this is my first time laying eyes on Claudia Jordan.

I had the same record scratch moment watching RHoBH, when Lisa Rinna referred to Yolanda Foster as a "supermodel" from the 90s. I watched every episode of Fashion File in the 1990s and subscribed to 'Vogue'. I do not recall seeing Yolanda on any runways, editorials, or advertising campaigns.

• Love 3

A really big part of being a parent is teaching your children how to get along with and respect others. That includes your stepsister. It includes everyone, really.

Kandi and Todd should have spoken to the girls about how they will treat each other. Not how they should, how they will. These are the rules, this is our house, and you follow the basic rules of treating each other kindly. I have five siblings, and it was a wonderful learning experience.

Riley and Kaela are lucky to have one another now, and they should be made aware of that fact. Stick together, girls! Each one can learn so much from the other. 

• Love 4

Maybe I need to be checked in to the Bravo Home for the Criminally Skeptical, but I'm just not buying the whole Apollogy Tour--and especially not the reaction to it.  This is basically a guy who's never admitted to doing anything wrong, despite the fact that he was tried, convicted, and incarcerated.  So this is the one thing he's owning up to?  It's just not credible.  And what's even less credible is how everybody immediately jumps on the bandwagon, most particularly Phaedra, who goes from "Kenya is the Antichrist whore" to such sincere Christian regret, zero to sixty in ten seconds.

My theory, to the extent that I have one, is that this show wouldn't have been filmable with everybody hating on Kenya.  So to me it seems likely that Apollo was given some kind of incentive (money?) to say--in front of the cameras--that he was lying, whether he was or not, and everyone else was encouraged to hop on board.  How else would it have been even remotely credible for Phaedra and Kenya to go to each other's lunches, parties, spa days, etc.?  That apology makes the show feasible again.

• Love 5

Maybe I need to be checked in to the Bravo Home for the Criminally Skeptical, but I'm just not buying the whole Apollogy Tour--and especially not the reaction to it. This is basically a guy who's never admitted to doing anything wrong, despite the fact that he was tried, convicted, and incarcerated. So this is the one thing he's owning up to? It's just not credible. And what's even less credible is how everybody immediately jumps on the bandwagon, most particularly Phaedra, who goes from "Kenya is the Antichrist whore" to such sincere Christian regret, zero to sixty in ten seconds.

My theory, to the extent that I have one, is that this show wouldn't have been filmable with everybody hating on Kenya. So to me it seems likely that Apollo was given some kind of incentive (money?) to say--in front of the cameras--that he was lying, whether he was or not, and everyone else was encouraged to hop on board. How else would it have been even remotely credible for Phaedra and Kenya to go to each other's lunches, parties, spa days, etc.? That apology makes the show feasible again.

Ita with your theory. I also think Porsha refused to play along with it and that is why her role got reduced.

Maybe I need to be checked in to the Bravo Home for the Criminally Skeptical, but I'm just not buying the whole Apollogy Tour--and especially not the reaction to it.  This is basically a guy who's never admitted to doing anything wrong, despite the fact that he was tried, convicted, and incarcerated.  So this is the one thing he's owning up to?  It's just not credible.  And what's even less credible is how everybody immediately jumps on the bandwagon, most particularly Phaedra, who goes from "Kenya is the Antichrist whore" to such sincere Christian regret, zero to sixty in ten seconds.

My theory, to the extent that I have one, is that this show wouldn't have been filmable with everybody hating on Kenya.  So to me it seems likely that Apollo was given some kind of incentive (money?) to say--in front of the cameras--that he was lying, whether he was or not, and everyone else was encouraged to hop on board.  How else would it have been even remotely credible for Phaedra and Kenya to go to each other's lunches, parties, spa days, etc.?  That apology makes the show feasible again.

I actually think if anyone put Apollo up to apologizing and fully admitting to lying it was Phaedra.  When Apollo made his initial admission in Mexico, that was nothing Phaedra could do to stop it.  Prior to that, she had been going all over Atlanta and telling people that Kenya had been offering Apollo oral sex.  I highly suspect that Phaedra knew that Kenya had never offered Apollo anything, which is part of the reason she refused to talk to her in Savannah.  So Kenya got Apollo to admit to it while the cameras were rolling in Mexico and Phaedra couldn't stop him.

Once Apollo made that admission in Mexico, the question becomes, what did Phaedra know, and when.  Phaedra said she saw text messages from Kenya offering Apollo oral sex, which would mean that if Apollo lied then she was lying because no text messages offering oral sex were ever sent.  But, if Phaedra can convince Apollo to say he lied to Phaedra on camera, then Phaedra has plausible deniability.  Instead of being an active participant in spreading lies about Kenya, she becomes another innocent victim of Apollo's.  Which is how she has been desperately trying to paint herself every time she gets a second.  But nothing about her reads innocent victim to me.

The women have gone on trips to Savannah and Mexico even though everyone was under the impression that Kenya offered Apollo sex, and it looked like Phaedra hated Kenya.  So, I don't think production has a problem with them all hating her and still filming.

Someone upthread said, and I agree that Phaedra deserves a Razzie for her terrible acting in trying to deny she knew anything.  

As for Porsha, I think she lost her peach for being boring, and not really have a storyline or a place on the show.  I think she and Cynthia were on the bubble last season, and perhaps her attack on Kenya pushed her to getting fired.  I get the impression that everyone has seen Porsha get fired for being boring, and they are all turning up the drama a notch. 

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 2

I don't know if Phaedra actually apologizes to Kenya or not, but if she does, it seems that Kenya doesn't accept it judging by the previews and "Mr. Chocolate"-gate. 

Edited by swankie
Most likely, everyone we saw, except the staff, were members of the production crew!

Wasn't Todd a background diner in some early RHOA scene?  I think some eagle eyed viewers saw him in a repeat.

• Love 1

I think this is exactly the problem with Apollo's lies.  No matter that he has admitted to lying, there will always be people out there who believe it.  It's the reason what he did was so insidious.  I have no doubt he lied, simply because that is what the man does. He lies.

Last season, Kenya pretty much got Apollo to admit that he was, in part, lying.  She has shown proof that she wasn't even in L.A. when he claims all of this happened. But, once something like this is out there, it's really hard to reel it back in. I think he confessed because he knew it would end up hurting Phaedra, which seems to be his top priority right now.

• Love 7

"Love, despise. Jovial, juvial. Same thing, whatever."

- Apollo

How to Spot Psychopaths: Speech Patterns Give Them Away

It's a thing*. For real.

*I'm not saying that every person who uses language in unusual ways is a psychopath. But having been married to and divorcing a juvial man myself -- one who decided that jeopardized and endangered could be combined into a word of his own making--enjeoparded--I started listening to people closely. I also watch a lot of Discovery ID.

My favorite criminal on that channel was a woman who killed two of her husbands and attempted to kill her daughter but was caught because her psycho brain made her say/spell antifreeze as antifree. No matter what, she couldn't get the word right. I'm always fascinated by people who don't hear what everyone else hears, especially when it's not an English-as-a-second-language issue.

• Love 3

My favorite criminal on that channel was a woman who killed two of her husbands and attempted to kill her daughter but was caught because her psycho brain made her say/spell antifreeze as antifree. No matter what, she couldn't get the word right. I'm always fascinated by people who don't hear what everyone else hears, especially when it's not an English-as-a-second-language issue.

OMG!  I saw that ep.  The woman's mother took her side over her own granddaughter. I think it really showed how psychopaths are very good at convincing people that they are the wronged and innocent party.  This seems to be the path Apollo is on right now.  The man took my money!  How am I gonna live when I get out of the pokey?  Poor, poor Apollo. Phaedra made him pay some bills, what was he supposed to do????  

Him whining about being forced to pay one mortgage payment was especially laughable, considering he had admitted to paying thousands a night at the strip clubs.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 2
Did we see this much of Ayden and Dylan last season? I think she's keeping them front and center for sympathy, really.

I think we did see this much of them. Maybe we're seeing more of Dylan because he's no longer an infant and ... infants are boring (sorry!), plus sleep schedules, etc. But Ayden has always been (adorably) around. His birth was filmed.

But having been married to and divorcing a juvial man myself -- one who decided that jeopardized and endangered could be combined into a word of his own making--enjeoparded

LAWD. That hurts each and every one of my feelings. [Phaedra voice]Fix it, Jesus![/Phaedra voice].

• Love 2

I wish Kenya had asked Apollo if Phaedra knew the situation and accusations were a lie. I doubt the truth would be told, but I'd liked to have heard what his response would have been.

I would also be interesting to see Kenya's response if the answer was NO, Phaedra did not know the truth!

• Love 1

I wish Kenya had asked Apollo if Phaedra knew the situation and accusations were a lie. I doubt the truth would be told, but I'd liked to have heard what his response would have been.

I would also be interesting to see Kenya's response if the answer was NO, Phaedra did not know the truth!

Would it matter? I wouldn't trust a damn thing Apollo said about Phaedra.

And, I don't even LIKE Phaedra. She's a big huge dummy for marrying that idiot in the first place.

• Love 2

I couldn't bring myself to care about Cynthia and Porsha's mess. Porsha was wrong for her refusal to apologize. Cynthia looked silly trying to turn up. The only time I've ever felt a fight on this show might get serious is when Sheree was involved. When she asked dude "Who Gon Check Me, Boo?" Well, I'll just say I knew it would NOT be him. I never thought NeNe would be the one to check Sheree either. Marlo, on the other hand, might have been the one. Sheree and Marlo's argument actually frightened me because I felt that actual laying of hands might take place. No hair pulling. A real damn fight. With blood and all that.

Having looked at it again, the article I linked to earlier didn't have all the info that made me think of Apollo's easy contradiction regarding his love for Phaedra, even as he despised her. Doesn't matter, I guess, because this isn't the psycho forum (even though I believe in my heart that all the HoWives shows are rampant with personality disorders and con artists). But I really wanted to point anyone with an interest to info that explained certain people's need to misuse/create/misunderstand language. It's not always about education or lack of it. Sometimes it's about brain chemistry.

I did find this that made me think of Mr. Nida:

CONTRADICTING THEMSELVES

The telling sign of a Socio-Psychopath is that they often contradict themselves in the same sentence. Toy rally saw it in the video when case was questioned by police. She was asked if she had Jose Baez;s number. She said she didn’t. Then when questioned later, she voluneteerd that she had Baez’ cell number. This is a HUGE RED FLAG!\Researchers are discovering
that this contradiction you see so often in their speech patterns has a lot to do with the
particular way their brain is wired.

More Ways to Spot Juvial People

Not the most scientific piece, but I'll dig until I find a more reputable source. I have a bad habit of collecting info about this sort of thing. I've learned a lot in my recent quest to have a peaceful life. No matter how good looking they are, or how juvial or perfect in their physicality on a sector of the time scale they appear to be, do NOT let them in. And if I sound like I'm talking about vampires....well, in a way, I am.

• Love 4

Wasn't Todd a background diner in some early RHOA scene?  I think some eagle eyed viewers saw him in a repeat.

I haven't gone back to look but I believe it was either in Season 3 or 4 when Kandi was meeting with a woman in a coffee show/restaurant about her Bedroom Kandi line. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny that.

I haven't gone back to look but I believe it was either in Season 3 or 4 when Kandi was meeting with a woman in a coffee show/restaurant about her Bedroom Kandi line. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny that.

Yes - that's right. Kandi was having a business meeting in a restaurant with the Bedroom Kandi partner, and they were looking at the sex toys, which were all out on the table. The did a quick closeup of a couple looking bemused, and one of them was Todd. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 1

Did we see this much of Ayden and Dylan last season? I think she's keeping them front and center for sympathy, really.

I think we did see this much of them. Maybe we're seeing more of Dylan because he's no longer an infant and ... infants are boring (sorry!), plus sleep schedules, etc. But Ayden has always been (adorably) around. His birth was filmed.

Yes, his birth was filmed and yes, they existed - but they were not in every episode as the focus of the scene. I know it's only been three so far, but it's the first three, and every one. If they're the focus of her scenes in the next episode, my mind will be made up that it's entirely for sympathy. From those types, you know, inclined to give it to her because, won't someone think of the children! Personally I hope she gets her too-slick donkey booty caught up in her lies and tricks. But that's just me.

• Love 3

Wow Riley....that college comment was ungracious. Even if you feel that way you don't say that in front of people.  Geez.  Kandi should take a step back and make sure she isn't raising a brat.

This. I teach children of upper middle-class, well-educated parents who value college, social and political awareness, and charitable community service, so I was sad to see Riley behaving as if she has zero manners and no empathy towards others. I realize that Kandi didn't grow up in an environment that promoted these ideals, but I thought she'd have Riley in a school where she was surrounded by people who did. Very sad. Riley behaved like a mean-spirited and hateful brat.

• Love 4