Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

@Nysha sorry to hear about your health issues but hopefully things will move in a more positive way. Knowledge is power. Keep us updated and know we are here for you, at least virtually.

Those are my thoughts too, said better than I could. 

• Love 8

If any of you are interested, there’s a website called Thought Catalog.  There are several stories posted about the Duggars. (If you type, Thought Catalog Duggar, into your search bar, you’ll find the articles.) Once you open the links, you can click on anything underlined, and that will lead you to other articles.  I just wanted to make you aware in case anyone is interested in going down the rabbit hole regarding the Duggars and their twisted beliefs.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Looks like you had a great festive time @iwantcookies.

About a decade ago, I read a novel about reincarnation entitled, My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares. Some quotes in the novel stuck with me so much I put them in my phone to save. I was compelled to look up that phone note today and share with anyone that may be struggling with grief right now.

"There is a pattern to it. Your death is the shadow of your life. If you have strong and loving attachments in your life, you will cohere to your community of souls. You will probably come back to life quickly and among your own people........................

If you are distant and misanthropic, selfish or cruel, you will find yourself alone in life and death. You'll die into nothingness and come back among strangers or very occasionally among enemies. And you'll stay alone and at odds until you don't want it any more. It takes a long time and a lot of effort to find any kind of community, much less a desired one. As I see it, this effort is both the penance and the rehabilitation. You will come back, but it takes awhile. You will remain among strangers until you've made yourself some kind of family. It won't happen until you want it to.

I don't know about heaven and hell, and I haven't met God yet. But I have to admire the design."

“Love who you love while you have them. That's all you can do. Let them go when you must.”-

• Love 8
On 12/13/2021 at 4:15 PM, Nysha said:

Health update - Friday I had an appointment with the neurologist who confirmed I have Small Vessel Disease and am showing small signs of dementia. She is making an appointment with a neuro-psychiatrist to develop a baseline, plus has ordered a CT angiogram and a MRI with contrast. Plus she wants me to see an endocrinologist because extremely low vitamin D can also cause dementia.

I have an appointment to talk to HR this week. My next neuro appointment is in March and I will probably hire a lawyer to help me navigate any legal changes, especially with work.

Anyway, I've decided there is no sense freaking out b/c that's not going to change what has or will happen. The doctor gave me a diet plan that is mainly fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, with very little meat, salt, sugar, and fat except olive oil and avocados. Studies have shown it works to slow down and/or reduce dementia, so that's positive.

So sorry to hear about your health issues. But I am glad you have a good attitude and are being proactive about the things you can change. You are allowed to feel however you feel about it. Thank you for sharing with us.

• Love 10

I’m at the emergency vet right now. Sometime yesterday evening/night Blake hurt himself. I’m hoping it’s just a broken paw and not a stroke. I don’t know if he fell wrong or if Cosmo stepped on him while I was working in the office. He did eat his food which is a good sign. 

• Love 2

We are back. Things are not looking good for my little bundle of attitude Blake. They ran the tests, his sodium levels are off the charts. They gave him fluids. 

I made the decision not to hospitalize him. I brought him home to watch Christmas movies and cuddle. I have him wrapped in blankets and the mini heater on to keep him warm. The said that I could come back to the emergency vet if I needed to euthanize him and didn’t want to drive to see my primary vet. 

76AD01B9-79FF-48BA-B545-963C99E49B7B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

We are back. Things are not looking good for my little bundle of attitude Blake. They ran the tests, his sodium levels are off the charts. They gave him fluids. 

I made the decision not to hospitalize him. I brought him home to watch Christmas movies and cuddle. I have him wrapped in blankets and the mini heater on to keep him warm. The said that I could come back to the emergency vet if I needed to euthanize him and didn’t want to drive to see my primary vet. 

76AD01B9-79FF-48BA-B545-963C99E49B7B.jpeg

Aww. He does look content with you! I’m so sorry he’s having problems. My beloved cat is now 17/18 (from a shelter so exact age is unknown) and she had a full on seizure a couple weeks ago. It was so scary to see 😢. Apparently seizures are not uncommon in elderly cats. What did the vet say about Blake’s prognosis?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Aww. He does look content with you! I’m so sorry he’s having problems. My beloved cat is now 17/18 (from a shelter so exact age is unknown) and she had a full on seizure a couple weeks ago. It was so scary to see 😢. Apparently seizures are not uncommon in elderly cats. What did the vet say about Blake’s prognosis?

His sodium levels are way through the roof which they think can be due to a neurological issue, which is effecting the muscles and why he couldn’t put weight on that leg. 

I originally thought it was a broken paw because he seemed fine otherwise. 

51 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

His sodium levels are way through the roof which they think can be due to a neurological issue, which is effecting the muscles and why he couldn’t put weight on that leg. 

I originally thought it was a broken paw because he seemed fine otherwise. 

Mine has trouble gaining weight too. She only weighs 6 lbs. I’ll ask my vet if she tested her sodium levels when she was last seen. Mine also takes a small amount of steroids every other day to reduce stomach inflammation. I hope Blake feels better!

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Mine has trouble gaining weight too. She only weighs 6 lbs. I’ll ask my vet if she tested her sodium levels when she was last seen. Mine also takes a small amount of steroids every other day to reduce stomach inflammation. I hope Blake feels better!

@Cinnabon he doesn’t have trouble gaining weight, he couldn’t walk properly on the leg which is why I thought it was a broken paw. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

NO BOARDS ON BOARDS!

I still have no idea what that meant. 

OBVIOUSLY you failed to read all bazillion pages!

I still worry to this day that I’m breaking one of these rules and about to get in trouble!  

• LOL 12