Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

Ok, this will be my last post on the matter. Most of the people who have responded here have had good points to make and thankfully most have been supportive. However, I feel like I have gone from just trying to give an update on the situation and possibly get a little support in a place that I have found to be a safe place to talk about this to defending myself for posting. This may not be the place to talk about this in one person's view, but a lot of other people have posted here about similar life problems, and I have posted here before about it. My main point in my last few posts has been that there are a couple of people here who are determined to prove me a liar. 

I am not looking for a therapist. I have posted here before about this and gotten a lot of support. I have also offered support to others on this board on this and other threads. I did not just appear a few days ago. I have been a part if this since the beginning, even if I did more lurking than posting. Small talk has always been a free form place where any topic was welcome and yes, some people do use it mostly to vent. I don't but I don't care if others do.  What I don't do is accuse people of lying or denigrate them. This is what I am objecting to. As far as the long posts, I have read many long posts. I have also skipped over them. No one has to read my posts. When I post something long it is because I am trying to give information in context and I do not assume everyone remembers everything I have ever posted. Please feel free to put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Anyone excited about the Olympics?  I watched a little of the opening ceremony this morning before work.  Very strange seeing the nearly empty stadium.  The first part of the ceremony was some weird interpretive dance stuff like they always do, but was most notable for mentioning those who died in the pandemic as well as commemorating the Israeli athletes murdered in Munich in '72.

I'm a little torn, though, because it seems like Japan is really being ravaged by COVID and it would probably have been better if the games had been cancelled.  And, we all know they weren't not because of the competition, but because of the money from sponsors.

Anyway, still looking forward to the gymnastics, track and field and the rest of it.  I'm a sucker for it.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Anyone excited about the Olympics?  I watched a little of the opening ceremony this morning before work.  Very strange seeing the nearly empty stadium.  The first part of the ceremony was some weird interpretive dance stuff like they always do, but was most notable for mentioning those who died in the pandemic as well as commemorating the Israeli athletes murdered in Munich in '72.

I'm a little torn, though, because it seems like Japan is really being ravaged by COVID and it would probably have been better if the games had been cancelled.  And, we all know they weren't not because of the competition, but because of the money from sponsors.

Anyway, still looking forward to the gymnastics, track and field and the rest of it.  I'm a sucker for it.

I know the Olympics have started mainly because I usually watch the local news on the channel that's our NBC affiliate. And those folks have to relentlessly promote the Olympics for years in advance because NBC has the deal to televise the Olympics. I'm not kidding.  For months in advance it's "Olympics, Olympics, Olympics" from every possible ridiculous angle, including stories about the venue, any links to our city/state, yada yada. It's actually generated a negative response in me. Then I have to get over myself and remember, hey, I might actually want to watch some of those events.  🤣

Although I'm sad about the pandemic's effects on the whole thing - including the postponement and Japan's surprisingly lagging response to the pandemic. I truly thought the Japanese would have done better than most industrialized nations at getting a vaccination program going.

• Love 7

I'm an Olympic junkie. Every four years in my childhood and every two years in my adulthood. Its the only times in my life when I truly miss the old TV Guide. Especially now that NBC has all these other stations. Gymnastics and diving are my favorite summer Olympic events.

• Love 11
(edited)
16 hours ago, zoomama said:

i sympathize but dont share much. thats why i am suckered in so often. i know my life is real and off the charts sometimes so why would i suspect someone else of lying. 

I didn't used to suspect people on the internet until one of the people outed here as a liar took part of my life story (from a different forum) and tried to use it to con people.  I'm much more cautious about sharing and a ton more sceptical now.  She's still around by the way.  The username simply changes. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, zenme said:

Maybe a small talk thread on a tv forum is not the best place to vent or share and expect reactions that IRL friends would have.  I consider myself a good friend IRL, and I care a great deal about the world and the people in it. So much so, that I don’t like to mire people down with my shit. I feel for your plight, jj, but realistically, and rationally,  a thread on a snark forum is not the resource for your particular need.
I say this with all good intentions. Virtual hugs.

This largely sums up my position.  I personally would not detail my life situation in this forum and those that choose to do so are exposing their lives to all sort of reactions.  It is not a controlled environment.

I have been burned by buying into the story of a fantasist on this thread and it was not a pleasant experience.  So, I don't choose to engage in situations in which I have no help to offer anyway.

There are kind, thoughtful and intelligent people here but we are anonymous strangers too.  We have to take people at face value here because it is either that or to ignore them.

• Love 24

I do enjoy the Olympics, but I believe they should have been postponed this year. I'm confused about how Japan makes money on this when the stadiums are empty. It seems to me they would lose money in this case. That said, I also love gymnastics, track & field and diving! It is amazing what these athletes can do! I hope they all stay healthy and don't catch the variant. 

My cat is so silly! He is super verbal and he yowls up to 10X (sounds like he's saying, "Helllooo?" every night when we shut the door. We don't let him sleep with us anymore. He wakes us up too much. He adapted quickly, but has to get his yowls out. Mr. BB is his favorite person in the world, so he also yowls whenever Mr. BB is in the shower or leaves the house. It's pretty hilarious. My neighbors probably think we torture him, when in reality, he rules the roost! Those new recliners we bought? After he walks across Mr. BB's computer a few too many times, guess who goes and sits in another chair, leaving the recliner for Midnight? You guessed it! 

Our granddaughters slept over last night (cousins to each other & bffs) and they'll likely sleep half the day away. They've been together for 2 weeks and haven't run out of things to talk about all night long! They are 12 and have been best buds since babyhood! 

Happy Friday to every Small Talker! 😊

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I think postponing or cancelling would have been the thing to do.  I'm still rather shocked they decided to proceed.  It's kind of taken the heart out of my interest in watching plus I'm finding as I get older it has too much of a been there done that feel.  

• Love 12

I'm feeling a bit more calm about the fire this morning.  It seems to be staying away from our direction, but the air is very smokey.  I spoke to a woman this morning that was allowed to leave her area in the fire's path, and her house is ok, but all the trees are gone.  It seems that the fire fighters are doing an admirable job at protecting structures.  I heard only one house and one shed was lost yesterday.  The forests are just burned sticks, but residences are being protected.  The county seems to have an evacuation plan in operation, and it seems to be running smoothly.  So now we just have to watch the smoke from all the thousands of acres of forest, and hope that this fire finally gets put out.  There are several more named fires burning in the state, so I don't know when we will see clear sky again.  But for today, at least, I feel safe at home.  This is so much different than the stories I heard from people in the Paradise fire in California a couple of years ago.  So far, no one has had to actually flee for their life.  The authorities here seem to have a much better plan.  Thanks for your good thoughts, and a good day to all.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Our granddaughters slept over last night (cousins to each other & bffs) and they'll likely sleep half the day away. They've been together for 2 weeks and haven't run out of things to talk about all night long! They are 12 and have been best buds since babyhood! 

Sounds like such a fun time! I bet you have enjoyed them. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

This.  It also seems like there are those who only come here to vent.  That's fine, but, when we don't know anything else about you but your troubles, it's hard to get a handle on who you are as a person when you've never shared anything else with us.  

We're not therapists, we not besties, we're people hanging out on the internet for a whole variety of reasons and, there are many better options than us if you need to vent.

3 hours ago, Absolom said:

I didn't used to suspect people on the internet until one of the people outed here as a liar took part of my life story (from a different forum) and tried to use it to con people.  I'm much more cautious about sharing and a ton more skeptical now.  She's still around by the way.  The username simply changes. 

I was naive when I first started in this forum and although I rarely shared tales of woe, I did share some details of my life. But a few posters shared enough of their lives, they revealed their identities. So I'm more vague now, when talking about myself. More so because of the lurkers we don't even know are there.

As far as getting support and advice, I get why this thread is used. So many folks with so many life experiences, that have great advice and wisdom to share. I came back during at the start of the pandemic and will embarrassingly admit ST helped me get through the beginning months. ST was also great when my extremely private kid was experiencing some serious medical issues. Just typing it out and hitting send gave me wee bit of release and your comments of support felt like a long distance warm hug.

When posting, I myself, will continue with a buyer beware mindset.

And I really would like to know if any dogs have been prescribed Prozac. Its been recommended that my grandpup start taking it.

• Love 17
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Sounds like such a fun time! I bet you have enjoyed them. 

I have enjoyed them, @Scarlett45 - they are so fun! 

@GeeGolly, IKWYM about being careful posting here (or anywhere on the internet). I don't reveal all, but I've been helped by Small Talkers, on several occasions. Things like hearing aids, glasses, various physical ailments, etc. and I love all the animal stories. Sometimes we share support when people are going through bad situations. I am amazed by the kindness, wisdom and humor found on this forum!

I don't know if it was prozac specifically, but my sister-in-law had a cat who had to take a daily anti-depressant. Is it difficult to get a pill down your dog? Dogs are easier than cats in that regard, in my experience. It seems like it would be worth a try, if your dog is having issues. 

Edited by BetyBee
Hit save too soon!
  • Love 10

@BetyBee, our little girl takes pills easily as long as they're given with some type of people food. My kid, her owner, is all for it, but values our input and is letting us decide since our schedules would make my husband and I the ones who would be dosing her.

• Love 2

My daughter's dog was on trazadone for anxiety.  It did help her reduce the anxiety but didn't eliminate it completely.  They use pill poppers and she gobbles them down. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Sharing personal stories, good or bad, is a personal choice. How readers receive the stories is personal too. So I'm not understanding why its 'wrong' to question details and 'right' to believe everything written.

As a therapist I have heard almost everything, so personally on here I give everyone the benefit of doubt initially. But when I decide not to, I decide not to. My choice. 

Kudos to everyone here who is so supportive and kudos to everyone here that respects their Spidey-Senses.

I don’t fall for BS easily anymore. I’ve not trusted a few posters’ stories in the past, and my intuition has been correct. I wish I were less cynical, but this is the world we live in. When we ask questions, please don’t be offended.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

My mom and I will be watching this evening. Looking forward to it!

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And I really would like to know if any dogs have been prescribed Prozac. Its been recommended that my grandpup start taking it.

Not for my dog, but years ago my aunt died of cancer quite young (late 40s). My grandma took her Yorkies. A couple years later Grandma needed back surgery, and while she was recuperating one of the dogs began obsessively chewing at her paws. We suppose she was afraid another owner would die. She was put on Prozac, and it helped, although at the time my mom (the caregiver) joked it should be for her instead of the dog. Once Grandma was able to move around again and the dog could see she wasn't dying, she was able to go off the meds. Hopefully that's at least a little helpful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I’m very excited about these Olympics. They usually give little to no coverage on the equestrian events. This year Bruce Springsteen’s daughter Jessica is riding for the USET. Instead of snippets of late night (3am) coverage, there will be live coverage and repeats in the mid afternoon. I believe a lot of this is due to the media attention she is getting. 
Obviously I love horses and will be there to watch with popcorn in hand. 

• Love 9

My best friend is a Canadian, she was shocked when she moved to Texas because she did not understand religion and Bible beaters at all! Consequently she is one of the greatest humans I have ever met, and the sole reason I’m raising my child without religion! When She’s old enough to understand it I will introduce it (I am Catholic) and until then I focus on good morals and zero “you’re a sinner and will burn in hell”.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m very excited about these Olympics. They usually give little to no coverage on the equestrian events. This year Bruce Springsteen’s daughter Jessica is riding for the USET. Instead of snippets of late night (3am) coverage, there will be live coverage and repeats in the mid afternoon. I believe a lot of this is due to the media attention she is getting. 

How did you find that? All I see being shown is soccer, I have not been watching just checking the schedule guide,  I have Dish Network. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The equestrian events are my favorite too. 

• Love 3

So I am watching tge opening ceremony, the parade of athletes,  and I wish the music was not so loud I can barely hear the announcers.  Also it may have been a mistake to have two flag bearers it looked like a couple of them were about to get in a fight as to who should be carrying their flag. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

So I am watching tge opening ceremony, the parade of athletes,  and I wish the music was not so loud I can barely hear the announcers.  Also it may have been a mistake to have two flag bearers it looked like a couple of them were about to get in a fight as to who should be carrying their flag. 

Yeah, I understand the thought behind having both a male and female flag bearer for each team, but the execution wasn't good.  They either need to invent some sort of flag holding device that the two can hold at the same time or alternate as the ceremony progresses.  I think that it was just really hard for two people of differing heights and sizes, with different lengths to their stride to both hold the flag at the same time while walking.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

My best friend is a Canadian, she was shocked when she moved to Texas because she did not understand religion and Bible beaters at all! Consequently she is one of the greatest humans I have ever met, and the sole reason I’m raising my child without religion! When She’s old enough to understand it I will introduce it (I am Catholic) and until then I focus on good morals and zero “you’re a sinner and will burn in hell”.

Interesting. I’ve never thought about Canada and religion. I should learn more about their history and religious makeup!  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I'm giggling - and decided that my forum friends here will get the joke. This summer I chipped in with some other folks to "adopt" for a year, an alpaca who lives on an alpaca farm in a Western US state.  Our alpaca is named - Felicity. So tonight I got an update email from the organizer of this venture, with the subject "Team Felicity." Having clicked over to my emails fresh from reading this forum, I cracked up when I saw the name. Our Felicity is doing well, looking good, and as far as I know her parents aren't trolling for hits on social media or eating burgers and drinking coffee in LA. Don't think there are any paps on her doorstep. 🤣

Is that Felicity or FeliciTea?

• LOL 8

Please send good thoughts and prayers to a friend of mine. She lost her stepfather.  Out of all my friends, she has lost more loved ones, family members, and friends, etc.  I hate that she has gone through so much! His death may have been preventable too, so I'm annoyed about it.  I try to think kindly towards people, but I just hate that she has to deal with this when she has so much on her plate. 

I guess some people can't help it, so RIP the stepfather. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

How did you find that? All I see being shown is soccer, I have not been watching just checking the schedule guide,  I have Dish Network. 

I googled Olympic schedule and they gave me a list of the days and the events on those days as well as the channels that they would be shown on. NBC also has a sports app (free) and it also gives schedules, reruns, results and information about what is happening. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I'm giggling - and decided that my forum friends here will get the joke. This summer I chipped in with some other folks to "adopt" for a year, an alpaca who lives on an alpaca farm in a Western US state.  Our alpaca is named - Felicity. So tonight I got an update email from the organizer of this venture, with the subject "Team Felicity." Having clicked over to my emails fresh from reading this forum, I cracked up when I saw the name. Our Felicity is doing well, looking good, and as far as I know her parents aren't trolling for hits on social media or eating burgers and drinking coffee in LA. Don't think there are any paps on her doorstep. 🤣 that’s too funny!

That’s too funny!

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, awaken said:

Interesting. I’ve never thought about Canada and religion. I should learn more about their history and religious makeup!  

Canadians come from a variety of religious traditions, but it is odd for Canadians to talk about religion publicly and downright rude to ask (unless the other person mentions that they went to church on the weekend or something). Anyone who comes up to a stranger asking if they're saved (or that question JillRod loves about "If you died tonight...") would be avoided as an utter kook.

The main Christian churches in Canada are Catholic, Anglican (I think the US calls it Episcopalian) and the United Church of Canada (formed when Methodists, Presbyterians and Congregationalists joined forces in the 1920s). The United Church is very liberal (pro LGBTQ+, started ordaining openly gay clergy in the 1980s). The Catholic Church is probably the most conservative, but far less conservative than the US Evangelicals. Evangelical churches are present in Canada, but they're still considered fairly fringe (except possibly in Western Canada) and don't have anywhere near the influence on politics that the Evangelical groups in the States do. All of the mainline churches have been suffering from declining attendance since the 90s.

Because of patterns of Immigration since the 70s, Canada is also home to many Muslims, Sikhs, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus and others. These temples, mosques etc are sometimes the target of vandalism and violence but are (thankfully) mostly accepted under Canada's general "you do you" culture.

A short version of the history is that religion in Canada mirrors the colonial fighting between French (Catholic) and English (Anglican and other mainline Protestants) with the English generally having the upper hand and the French fighting for their language (but also culture and religion). If you're into history, the battles between French and English will keep you busy for a long time! They started when the French established themselves in the early 1600s and are still going on (in a much more low key way) to this day. The other big, shameful, element of Canadian religious history is that all of the big 3 churches participated in the forced assimilation of indigenous children through the residential schools. This is a huge issue currently, as we have started to find the graves of the thousands of children who died there.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Useful 12
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

Please send good thoughts and prayers to a friend of mine. She lost her stepfather.  Out of all my friends, she has lost more loved ones, family members, and friends, etc.  I hate that she has gone through so much! His death may have been preventable too, so I'm annoyed about it.  I try to think kindly towards people, but I just hate that she has to deal with this when she has so much on her plate. 

I guess some people can't help it, so RIP the stepfather. 

I’m sorry for your friend’s loss.  I can relate to the strain of losing so many friends and family within a short time period.  I would never have believed it would happen like this.  I’m sending up prayers and positive thoughts for your friend’s comfort.  She’s lucky having a friend like you supporting her.  Bless you.  

• Love 8

@Temperance - How sad for your friend. I'm dealing with the aftermath of the death of a good friend, and I know the emotional toll when you believe that the person's health decline and death were preventable. I agree that your friend is fortunate that you are there for her.

@satrunrose - Thanks for the info about religion in Canada. As it happens, just yesterday I watched part of a YT video posted on the Fundie Fridays channel. It featured a young man who discussed his experience as a student at Liberty University and with conversion therapy. He's Canadian, and mentioned that there aren't nearly as many evangelical Christians in Canada as in the US - I got the idea from what he said, that they are rather rare. He grew up in that religion which is how he learned of Liberty U and decided to go to college there. 

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Which just goes to show that blindly following trends is not a good idea.  Those particular frames do not flatter Claire's face-at all.  They're too large for her bone structure and the lack of color does not enhance her already pale skin tone

^^ That statement in the Claire/Justin topic is so relatable for me. I have some glasses in a similar style that I really like. The earpieces are a deep rosy color and the front frames are clear. After I got them the pandemic hit; during that time I let my natural hair color grow out. After I went from dyed blonde to a nice silver/white head of hair? I look washed out as hell in those glasses.

I have two current pair of eyeglasses, and I think the style of the pale ones is the more flattering of the two as to shape, etc. But I have to remember to step up my makeup game when I wear them. I emphasize my eyes and mouth a little more than ordinary, so I don't look like a freakin' ghost! I've started shopping for a new pair of glasses which has that general style + colorful frames. I don't want to spend a small fortune, though, so it's going to be a process. . . 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6

I just caught snippets of the Opening Ceremony and whoever decided two people should hold one flagpole needs to be tarred, feathered and never allowed a position of authority again. The athletes did the best they could, but they looked like they were grappling over the pole because their gaits weren't in synch. 

43 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

But then the team demonstrated exactly why many consider Americans loud and obnoxious. SMH.

What happened? I missed it. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I just caught snippets of the Opening Ceremony and whoever decided two people should hold one flagpole needs to be tarred, feathered and never allowed a position of authority again. The athletes did the best they could, but they looked like they were grappling over the pole because their gaits weren't in synch. 

What happened? I missed it. 

Lots of screaming and preening for the cameras.

@GeeGolly I have used Prozac on my own dog and with many dogs when I worked in animal rescue. It worked really well at keeping the dogs from getting too heightened. 

I had a pet sitting business, and my partner swore trazadone worked better. I did take care of a lot of dogs who were on trazadone, and they were easy and mellow.  I have used trazadone for my dog for periods of short term stress, and I wasn’t really pleased with it. It’s like it had the opposite effect on her. In any case I am a big fan of head meds for pets.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Canadians come from a variety of religious traditions, but it is odd for Canadians to talk about religion publicly and downright rude to ask (unless the other person mentions that they went to church on the weekend or something). Anyone who comes up to a stranger asking if they're saved (or that question JillRod loves about "If you died tonight...") would be avoided as an utter kook.

The main Christian churches in Canada are Catholic, Anglican (I think the US calls it Episcopalian) and the United Church of Canada (formed when Methodists, Presbyterians and Congregationalists joined forces in the 1920s). The United Church is very liberal (pro LGBTQ+, started ordaining openly gay clergy in the 1980s). The Catholic Church is probably the most conservative, but far less conservative than the US Evangelicals. Evangelical churches are present in Canada, but they're still considered fairly fringe (except possibly in Western Canada) and don't have anywhere near the influence on politics that the Evangelical groups in the States do. All of the mainline churches have been suffering from declining attendance since the 90s.

Because of patterns of Immigration since the 70s, Canada is also home to many Muslims, Sikhs, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus and others. These temples, mosques etc are sometimes the target of vandalism and violence but are (thankfully) mostly accepted under Canada's general "you do you" culture.

A short version of the history is that religion in Canada mirrors the colonial fighting between French (Catholic) and English (Anglican and other mainline Protestants) with the English generally having the upper hand and the French fighting for their language (but also culture and religion). If you're into history, the battles between French and English will keep you busy for a long time! They started when the French established themselves in the early 1600s and are still going on (in a much more low key way) to this day. The other big, shameful, element of Canadian religious history is that all of the big 3 churches participated in the forced assimilation of indigenous children through the residential schools. This is a huge issue currently, as we have started to find the graves of the thousands of children who died there.

Thank you for the history lesson!  Very interesting- I didn’t know about most of that info. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

When I posted on Facebook that I got the vaccine, my ex said I hope you die from it.

I thought it ended amicably I guess not. 

Deleted the post and blocked him. 

Wow! You did the right thing, @iwantcookies! There is no excuse for that comment. 

• Love 5
(edited)

My apologies for veering into political territory with a previous post.

I'll edit my thoughts on the whole thing to simply say that whatever one's personal views on vaccines might be, I find it the very height of rudeness and disrespect, if one is coming to a large family gathering, where you absolutely know that the majority of the people who will be there are, in fact, very pro-vaccines/masks, etc, to make no mention of your unvaccinated status. There should be some awareness that this might be important information for THEM to know, even if you don't personally feel that it's a big deal.

I more or less assumed that they must have been vaccinated since they never gave us any warnings, never wore masks in the various places we met regardless of the signs requiring masks for the unvaccinated.

In addition, these were the two who actually had to fly in rather than driving. 

The very least they could have done, it seems, would be to let us know their status before spreading around all the hugs. 

Apparently there were a couple of people in our crowd who were aware of this, but it had taken a lot to get everyone together for my mother-in-law's interment, since some couldn't quite afford it without help, and others don't get along that well at the best of times, so no one wanted to throw a monkey-wrench into the cogs given that it was a really good time of closure and reminiscence.

I was especially livid given that my daughter and son-in-law had brought their three-year-old daughter with them, and no one gave any indication that she was getting exposed to unvaccinated family members who had flown in the previous day. How thoughtless can one be??

I'll shut up now. 

Hopefully this version meets standards.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 15

That's really horrible @Jynnan tonnix. And isn't you daughter pregnant?

My husband and I have gone back to masking up. Numbers in every state are rising and although we're all vaccinated, we don't trust all unvaccinated folks to wear masks. We've noticed more folks wearing masks this last week too. 

Some of the data is indicating that by October the pandemic will be in full swing again. It makes me tired, it makes me angry and it makes me sad.

• Love 17