Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Arianna ever move into the DiMansion when her mother moved in there?

I believe so. When Stefan and Gabi were locked in the secret tunnels, Sonny had to go back to the mansion to get Arianna's bathing suit. I'm assuming the kid didn't carry that around in some overnight bag to occasionally visit her mother at the DiMansion.

I'm sorry about all the assumptions I made about Rafe and the funeral. I hadn't seen that he actually showed up for it until I watch the episode later on. 

Thank you for bringing me up to speed on the soy milk situation too 🙂

I agree that this latest move by Gabi is a little over-the-top and unforgivable. Ron has pushed Gabi into severe crazy nut job mode. It would be so nice if she was just faking Lani out to make her look paranoid, similar to how Gabi tried to gaslight Abigail. But I don't think that Ron especially cares about maintaining any character's Integrity if he can use them in a cheap stunt designed to grab the viewer's attention for 10 seconds. Did you guys see that DOOL promo where they actually added in the sound of an explosion after mentioning that Gabi could cause Julie's heart to explode? Talk about campy and embarrassing.

• Love 6

Speaking of Ari moving into the mansion shouldn't there have been more concern from Will/Sonny or others especially Will's side of the family for moving into the Dimera mansion? I know the Dimeras aren't scary as the show wants me to think they still are but Will/Sonny seemed outraged over Jordan but not so much over Benny Boy(who actually strangled Will to death) or Stefan who raped their cousin Abigail, gave Steve a bionic eye that Stefan could booby trap etc. I think the show dropped an opportunity there then again we'd be seeing more of Will/Sonny so not sure if that would be a good thing either.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Speaking of Ari moving into the mansion shouldn't there have been more concern from Will/Sonny or others especially Will's side of the family for moving into the Dimera mansion? I know the Dimeras aren't scary as the show wants me to think they still are but Will/Sonny seemed outraged over Jordan but not so much over Benny Boy(who actually strangled Will to death) or Stefan who raped their cousin Abigail, gave Steve a bionic eye that Stefan could booby trap etc. I think the show dropped an opportunity there then again we'd be seeing more of Will/Sonny so not sure if that would be a good thing either.

Well, I would very much prefer to see more of them but it's fine if we disagree there.

Because absolutely, yes, it's pure bullshit that they (and their families) didn't get to react to those happenings. Will was fearful of having his mom and siblings move into that mansion, but we don't get to see how he reacted to having his daughter spend time there? At least I'm assuming she'd be there half the time, and then at the Kiriakis mansion the other half. I'm still perplexed that Will & Sonny are apparently just fine with Ben, but not Jordan now because they found out she yelled at Ari, when Ben literally ruined their lives for years. There's absolutely no semblance of there being anything character-driven here, it's just plot plot plot plot ploooooooooooootttttttttttttt. 🙄 Whew, but I do feel better for getting that out of my system lol.

• Love 9

@boes, I rather liked the dinner with Marlena, John, Ciara, and Ben. As a mental health patient, he continues to show that he is stable, rational, and trying to reconnect with his family. Am I his biggest supporter - no.

I do doubt that Gabi's magical pacemaker app does anything at all. Julie's heart racing probably had to do with the new pacemaker working properly. Lani being threatened by Gabi? Seriously?

Haley should not be speaking to Rafe about his condition with Jordan present. That would be a violation of doctor-patient confidentiality. Jordan's brain injury should preclude her having a fast recovery. She wouldn't be out of Bayview within a few weeks. How would she suspect that Rafe had been poisoned unless she knew something about it - and wondered how Ciara didn't get poisoned? You put the cupcakes in the fridge and you don't let anyone near them.

Princess Gina's room is very sad looking. Does she really think that as some sort of royalty, that she can run Salem?

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Well, I would very much prefer to see more of them but it's fine if we disagree there.

Because absolutely, yes, it's pure bullshit that they (and their families) didn't get to react to those happenings. Will was fearful of having his mom and siblings move into that mansion, but we don't get to see how he reacted to having his daughter spend time there? At least I'm assuming she'd be there half the time, and then at the Kiriakis mansion the other half. I'm still perplexed that Will & Sonny are apparently just fine with Ben, but not Jordan now because they found out she yelled at Ari, when Ben literally ruined their lives for years. There's absolutely no semblance of there being anything character-driven here, it's just plot plot plot plot ploooooooooooootttttttttttttt. 🙄 Whew, but I do feel better for getting that out of my system lol.

I wouldn't mind Will/Sonny having airtime if I thought Freddie/Chandler would put more effort into their scenes they don't(to me at least) so I rather they give that airtime to actors who are more willing to do so. CM especially who smirks and looks like he's laughing at inappropriate times for all the disdain fans had towards Guy Wilson at least he tried. Freddie just seems rather limited but I like his scenes with Judi/Wally though. It takes away from a lot of their scenes when they do this. Will should always be uneasy around Ben and yet his reactions don't show it to me.

Will/Sonny should also have more concern and outrage over Ari being around Stefan etc and yet nothing... granted I think the show intentionally makes Wilson as bland as possible so they seem "sanitized" which is an entirely different issue.

• Love 5

Ah shit. Ciara is nauseated, dizzy, starving and she and Ben keep gushing over baby Ben and fussing over him. Ciara’s pregnant 😱 

As a smoker I find it amusing smoking is a sign someone is Evil. I don’t feel like a dangerous woman.

It would be hilarious if Gabi made Lani jump through all these hoops to keep her from using the app to mess with Julie’s heart, then finally Gabi pushes the button on the device anyhow to kill her but rick rolls her instead. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297dc37ecdc8890a8209

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, boes said:

But none of that, NONE of it was as bad as ...... a cigarette!  Hope smoked a cigarette AND THEN, ground it out with her stiletto!  What IS this place, a home for savages?  A cigarette got smoked in Salem, ohthehorror.

Wait til they find out that Abigail is smoking it up in Paris. Maybe her family and the rest of Salem will think that her murderous split personalities are back.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:07 PM, tribeca said:

Julie’s pacemaker is booby trapped.  Gabi has an app on her phone that can control Julie’s heart.   I can’t believe I am typing this 😂 

A pacemaker-boobytrap app is only slightly less ridiculous than a satellite that downloads a new personality into someone's brain, but for Gabi to go to these lengths seems out of character -- but the writers clearly want Bad Gabi on the canvas, so I think we're stuck out here in Contrivanceville.

• Love 6

Only Rafe could be poisoned with a lethal dose and only get dizzy and gas. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d0b0dee1e33252b492

If that doesn’t he isn’t one of us I don’t know what will. Me, I’m allergic to penicillin and get hives and exhausted just by eating something that was cross contaminated with blue cheese. I’m not some kind of cockroach bore being though. 

Hilarious PG is still obsessed with bland John. Show has nothing to do with Jarlena except give them crazy obsessed interlopers or medical crises (just like their grandson Will!) or have them eat at restaurants. Princess Gina wants to rule Salem? Well the mayoral seat is technically empty. Have at it Weirdo. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, boes said:

Wow, that was some horrific stuff we had to sit through today, wasn't it?  

It's one thing to have a mad scientist running around Salem, or see Hope's brain go on the fritz and a tiara go on her head.  It's deeply unsettling to see Rafe poisoned by what I can only assume was Jordan slipping some of her extra botox into the cake mix, not to mention Julie's heart tap dancing to a disco beat.  

But none of that, NONE of it was as bad as ...... a cigarette!  Hope smoked a cigarette AND THEN, ground it out with her stiletto!  What IS this place, a home for savages?  A cigarette got smoked in Salem, ohthehorror.

Thankfully, though, we can rest easy knowing that Salem's top head shrinker and her hubby had a really nice dinner with a serial killer who also has killer abs, and his lady lub, Ciara.  People can say a lot of things about Ben, but nobody can EVER accuse him of smoking.

And Salem's moral compass is safe for another day.  

Omg! That was a good one.

• Love 5

Arianna was ahead of Will & Sonny, who both then caught up to her with John & Marlena.  Yes, still not a good idea to let a younger child get out of view.

Edited by K-9
  • Love 3

The J&M, and Hope scenes were just bad. Are we really going to have to  watch Hope lusting after a senior citizen? Sorry, but John's casanova days are over. That baton has been passed over to his idiot son.

10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Immediately. Do not pass go. Hate this corny shit. Brain chips/injection/whatever are so 1990s.

Agree. Time to come up with something new.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Only Rafe could be poisoned with a lethal dose and only get dizzy and gas. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d0b0dee1e33252b492

If that doesn’t he isn’t one of us I don’t know what will. Me, I’m allergic to penicillin and get hives and exhausted just by eating something that was cross contaminated with blue cheese. 

Oh my I thought I was the only one that happened to 

1 hour ago, Sidney said:

The J&M, and Hope scenes were just bad. Are we really going to have to  watch Hope lusting after a senior citizen? Sorry, but John's casanova days are over. That baton has been passed over to his idiot son.

No Brady has Kristin.  John gets Gina.  One crazy per person. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Arianna was ahead of Will & Sonny, who both then caught up to her with John & Marlena.  Yes, still not a good idea to let a younger child get out of view.

It happens.  

Plus Salem is such a safe little town. What could possibly happen?

I don’t think I would be too happy if my grandparents went out to dinner with someone who tired to kill me.  I can be spiteful. 

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

If that doesn’t he isn’t one of us I don’t know what will. Me, I’m allergic to penicillin and get hives and exhausted just by eating something that was cross contaminated with blue cheese. I’m not some kind of cockroach bore being though. 

Hilarious PG is still obsessed with bland John. Show has nothing to do with Jarlena except give them crazy obsessed interlopers or medical crises (just like their grandson Will!) or have them eat at restaurants. Princess Gina wants to rule Salem? Well the mayoral seat is technically empty. Have at it Weirdo. 

You pointed out why Jarlena do nothing for me as a couple. They need the interlopers to be interesting etc beyond that they're just based on sex (to me at least).  Yes every couple has an interloper but I feel like Jarlena is defined by that more than their actual relationship which doesn't have much of a personality to it. Jack/Jennifer at least had banter and opposing personalities. Same with Bo/Hope, Steve/Kayla etc. 

If they wanted to give John/Marlena a story they should've been front and center when it came to dealing with a bratty Claire... they work best in family scenes.

• Love 4

I really didn't like Ben/JJ having scenes granted JJ at least had the good fortune of being unconscious but its like that whole sequence was to have Ben as a hero. I'll hurl if JJ thanks him(he can thank him but still hate him right?)... 

I didn't mind the JJ/Jordan interaction up until that point though where Jordan talks about her medical training etc and JJ says you are a physical therapist which amused me. I could've gone with something between them friendship or otherwise if Jordan wasn't a one note psycho and JJ wasn't a one note nice guy loser.

I was just glad that JJ got some screen time and was smart enough to try and get David out of there.  Sadly a 100 LB crazy can knock him out with a notebook.  

I also want to spray some ‘Princess B Gone’ air freshener.  That story is campy.  

But my biggest ire is for Evol!Gabi and the largest revenge plot.  CB was heartbreaking with her tears on the bed.  And now she’s got some contrived melodrama that could be foiled by someone putting an X-ray vest over Julie while some else wrestles the phone from Gabi?   Weak. Sauce.  

On a bright note:  Salem’s brain was lended to Rafe and he figured out the mystery poisoner in about 2 seconds.  Jordan’s free days are numbered.  Again.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If they wanted to give John/Marlena a story they should've been front and center when it came to dealing with a bratty Claire... they work best in family scenes.

John and Marlena are really good in family scenes.  They should primarily have scenes with family/friends and then have their over-the-top lovey moments. Overly lovey dovey isn't something I normally look for in a couple but I think John and Marlena fans seem to dig them so it's a win win. I can enjoy them in family scenes and I can FF their lovey dovey stuff.

But what's so frustrating about the interloper stuff is that it's almost the same thing we had six months ago with Diana, including the fantasy of John and Gina kissing while Marlena looked.

I think Jack must still be suffering for a bit of amnesia.  Otherwise, I can't figure out why he'd continue to refer to The Spectator as "your paper" when talking to Jennifer.  Technically, it is Jennifer and Adrienne's paper right now but for the past 30 years, it has also been his paper or at least his place of work when he was alive. It's very much a part of his identity to the point that I think he'd start calling it "our paper" or at the very least "the paper."

I know it's nitpicky but I don't buy that he'd be distanced from it.

• Love 5

Surely Doc noticed that Hope has been wearing her hair differently and has darker lipstick on. And being snooty with the sparkling wine. Yeah, it's not the nice $150 a bottle stuff, but even $10 bubbly isn't *that* bad. No idea why Princess Gina is being resurrected. Is there some sort of masterpiece painting hidden in the Stefano DiMera portrait? Lusting after John when there is a nice hot man named Xander in the area?

Is the abode where Gina sits on her cheap throne across the hall from the loft where the kids stayed?

Am surprised that Rafe hasn't encouraged Ben to sign up for the Salem PD! He did do the right thing by talking to Rafe privately and helped him put 2 and 2 together. The Salem Brain has been found in time for Halloween!  I thought Jordan clonked JJ with a cast iron frying pan at first. Get outta Dodge girl and don't stop off at Ciara's - the first place the cops will look. Will and Sonny mentioning Ari's being yelled at by Jordan put the rest of the pieces together. I don't get why Haley could get the vial tested and so quickly - that would be something the Salem PD would do.

Jack, you could serve Ginger Ale or 7 Up or something instead of sparkling apple cider. I would do the Gina impression of uck at that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Today's show was like a box of chocolates - and most of those chocolates turn out to have that ugh-looks-like-earwax-filling.  Not so good....

Going by Ciara's jacket, when did she get a job as an organ grinder's monkey?  Did she bump Brady from that position?

So what's worse?  Trick or treating and letting your kid run so far ahead of you that she can exchange tiara tips with a long in the tooth Princess Gina, or deliberately taking your kid trick or treating to a 3 time serial killer's house who would have been a 4 time serial killer with YOU as Number 4?  I can only surmise Ben and Ciara must have been giving out the full sized candy bars.

So Show is trying to re-ignite all the sexual passion that it thinks John and Princess Gina were known for, and Show has decided to do it at the point in John's life where he has to be in bed by 10 and can no long do his "Who Farted" face because now everyone knows it's always been him?  And "Princess Gina" walking around town in her tiara and that dress with old kitchen tea towels sewed to the front makes Jordan, Ben, and Dr. Rolf seem like the normal ones?  Yep, nobody will suspect a THING.

Come rain, come shine, be it Halloween or Christmas or a reunion with a parent, you can always count on little Arianna to show the exact same amount of utter disinterest.  The kid is a born thespian, isn't she?

Yep, that sure was a gripping episode.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, boes said:

So Show is trying to re-ignite all the sexual passion that it thinks John and Princess Gina were known for, and Show has decided to do it at the point in John's life where he has to be in bed by 10 and can no long do his "Who Farted" face because now everyone knows it's always been him? 

I like John, a.k.a. RoJohn, but this is too funny. That said, this is also the same show that got such backlash over John/Gina or Hope [whomever the hell she was then!] that their ickfest coupling resulted in the show doing one hell of a hasty retcon when Hope became knocked up, somehow making Bo a candidate for Daddy when he was really not in the offing... (I recall a poll, maybe from SOD, asking who the father is, John or Stefano, and the viewers were NOT having it either way...then hello, said retcon!)

So, sure! Let's go there AGAIN! I'm SURE the viewers will adore it now. That, or Ken Corday secretly wants out of the game and has told ol' Ronnie to make these "stories" as unwatchable as humanly possible.

If that is the case, Ron is doing a bang-up job! Yessiree!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, K-9 said:

To be fair, John and Marlena live in the penthouse, so theirs is the only apartment on that floor, with a private elevator. So letting Ari run ahead isn't that big of a deal.

• Love 5

Xander continues to amuse me 🙂 Strutting around in his loincloth, needling Eric while munching on candy, and I think Sarah secretly enjoys Xander too.   I am glad little David is OK, but I'm beginning to wonder if Jordan is really his biological Mother?  Maybe she kidnapped him from someone?  Just a thought I had. 

• Love 8

Was Xander dressed for Halloween, or is that just his normal lounge wear?

"It was the candy, Xander, not you."  I laughed out loud at that line.

Arianne looks great in that Sandy costume.

Are Ciara and Ben going to wind up raising David?

"How could I have been so stupid?" Don't beat yourself up, Rafe, embrace who you are.

"How's Rafe? "Alive, unlike my husband."

"Eli, you found him!" Uh, no Ben found him.  But Eli was sure quick to take credit.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I am so over Gabi being vindictive.  It’s not a good look.  

ETA:

1)Bless Xander and his complete lack of propriety. 

2) Ari Z. looked awesome in that outfit from Grease.   

Edited by SueB
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Are Ciara and Ben going to wind up raising David?

Gag me.

33 minutes ago, SueB said:

I am so over Gabi being vindictive.

I mean, don't get me wrong, CB is great at it and it can be fun, but it gets old SO quick. Plus, they literally just did it. Get a new idea, Ron!

I agree with everyone that AZ looked awesome as Sandy. I'm sorry but her short hair is terrible lol.

The Xander/Eric scenes were really fun. I like their stupid rivalry. Today though I was kinda just hoping this was a different kind of show and they'd just hook up.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

The JJ/Ben scenes were kind of unintentionally hilarious with Ben yelling at him while he was supposedly unconscious. However at least JJ didn't seem to like him so that was good to see. 

JJ/Gabi were in the same space and they didn't acknowledge one another? (or did i miss it?)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Show, how could you put Xander in one of Susan's ratty old wigs? Shameful. You ruined his Tarzan outfit. Nicole and Eric were cute, but I couldn't figure out who Holly was supposed to be. An airline stewardess?

I love Halloween episodes when we get to see the cast dress up, so I'm glad some of the adults were taking their kids out trick-r-treating. I wonder if Ron sees the irony in KA putting on a tiara and being compared to a little girl playing dress-up? That's exactly how this Gina Returns story feels and we're only 5 minutes into it.

I don't think KA is doing the full British accent she used to. I wonder if she realized she just can't manage it without sounding insanely bad, or someone actually gave her the note that they didn't want her to do the full accent. The Gina I remember from the 90s always had a posh accent. This new one sounds like she's half given up on it. I guess it's better than her going full throttle and just sounding terrible 24/7.

Gina hasn't been around since like 1998, so I wonder how much time the Show is going to spend actually bothering to catch her up on who everyone is. Will was still a child back then nevermind out and openly gay AND with a daughter, Sonny wasn't even in town, Maggie wasn't married to Victor and Sami was living large. I'm guessing we're going to skip all over that, though, in favour of dozens of scenes of Gina just mooning over John. It all sounds so boring that Rolfe might have to bring me back from the dead. Didn't we already have enough of this earlier this year with Leo's mother?

I've reached my limit with these "let's railroad characters to make Ben look good!" plots. Jordan's plan doesn't make any freaking sense. Why would Ben out of the blue poison his girlfriend? Why would he supposedly do this at a party he was barely invited to, using cupcakes he didn't even bake himself? Why would he do this when Ciara constantly defends him to everybody in town and the two never so much as argue over which mascara they're going to share?

Why would Jordan risk attempting this after just having narrowly escaped a mental institution and in the process nearly lost custody of her son? And if she hates Ben so much and believes him to be this monster, why not just off Ben? Killing Ciara will, at best, have Ben locked up for the rest of his life. But he's been locked up before and still broken free. If you expect me to believe Jordan loves Ben, and she was desperate enough to kill her beloved mother and her unborn child to save them from a terrible life, why would Jordan use half-measures against Ben? Ciara is only dating Ben (yes I realize at this point she's pregnant from all of the not-so-subtle she has to eat everything in sight scenes) so there's no reason Ciara won't break up with him and move on. Jordan killing her mother was a kind of an act of love. But Jordan doesn't love Ciara. So why kill her, when killing Ben would save him from himself permanently? If the point is that she still feels too much empathy towards Ben to actually kill him, what's the alternative - going around killing every girl that Ben possibly displays interest in, just to "save" them and prove Ben is still crazy?

....this story makes no fucking sense!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 13

For a few minutes I really thought Ben killed Jordan. 

Usually do not nitpick but a big guy like Rafe I doubt all he ate all day was a cupcake.  

Eric my love leave Sarah alone. It’s none of your business who she dates.  

Gabis plan is stupid. The plot is stupid. She is very entertaining. 

I still wish Lani would fight back.    

I am with Zander and can’t wait for this wedding. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean, don't get me wrong, CB is great at it and it can be fun, but it gets old SO quick. Plus, they literally just did it. Get a new idea, Ron!

I can already tell it's wearing thin for me a bit (though I'm still kinda cool with it), they could use CB's talent for far better!! I just keep thinking how none of this would've happened if they had left Stefan ALONE! Like Stabi(at least to my knowledge) was/is pretty popular and CB & BB had A TON OF CHEMISTRY SO WHY KILL HIM OFF AND MAKE LANI OF ALL PEOPLE DO IT LIKE UGH!!!! I don't like Lani nearly as much as I like Gabi, in fact I dislike her alot but I feel for her even if only a little.......

• Love 4

Before Xander turned in to Tarzan Boy I thought he was channeling Freddie Mercury with that wig. For a brief second.

I too don't get Jordan's big plan. None makes any sense. All she has to do is move to another city and not see or contact Ben ever again. Easy.  If she indeed has a significant brain injury, it is not going to heal within a few weeks. She will most likely be affected by it for the rest of her life. How did she get to Ben's cottage? Walking? Taking Rafe's car? Did she run from the mansion to the park in her heels? Will she go after anyone Ben has any contact with or falls in love with/has a relationship? She is not equipped to make any sort of mental health diagnosis for him. He may still be evil and could possibly kill again. So can anyone, really.

Nicole looked good in her Grease costume.

Lani, why are you letting Gabi blackmail you? Her plan is really stupid. Surely someone else can delete the App/steal her phone and remove it. Problem solved.

Sarah, have you even bothered to pack a suitcase?

Why bring the baby to the hospital? He didn't really seem to like any of the cast. Get me out of this stupid storyline!

• Love 4
On 10/29/2019 at 1:05 AM, Petunia13 said:

It would be hilarious if Gabi made Lani jump through all these hoops to keep her from using the app to mess with Julie’s heart, then finally Gabi pushes the button on the device anyhow to kill her but rick rolls her instead. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297dc37ecdc8890a8209

1907232831_Galaxybrainaf.jpg.f89de0ecb1b2df08af7267c5518fb533.jpg 

Galaxy Brain af 

Still 100 times better than what the writers came up with  🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Gina hasn't been around since like 1998, so I wonder how much time the

Princess Gina was back again, after 1998,  for that brief storyline (though it was so stupid it FELT like it went on forever) in 2012 when John and Hope went to Alamania to retrieve a marriage certificate from when they had gotten married as Princess Gina and the Pawn.  They wanted to file for divorce and could only do it there - the storyline was even more boring than it sounds.  They - John and Hope - agreed to let Stefano put them under mind control again as Princess Gina and the Pawn so they could retrieve some sort of jeweled egg for Stefano - see how stupid this was??  Anyhoosways, what seemed an interminable time later, John, who Stefano didn't successfully brainwash, brought Hope out of her Princess Gina persona and they went back to Salem where everyone apparently then forgot that John and Hope were still married to each other.  Princess Gina was long past her sell-by date even then and she's pretty long in the tooth for this return.

Gosh golly gee and whiz, but isn't the lub Ben has for Ciara just EPIC?  It's like no love ever before in the entire recorded history of love between a lunatic and a lunkhead.  Marlena is such a peachy keen, jim dandy head shrinker, too, because it's totally a sign of mental stability that Ben says, and apparently believes, that ONLY Ciara and Ciara ALONE keep him sane.  Yep, totally sane.  I guess if she ever breaks up with him and he starts buying necties by the bulk, then it will be Ciara's fault that he's gone off the rails.  I tell you, it's hard to keep up with what a sooper dooper hero Ben is these days, saving people left and right, being a charming dinner companion with Doc and John, bestest uncle that ever lived, whataguy, whataguy.  And now that he's getting the chance to be close to David, the image of him teaching David how to tie his first necktie warms the cockles of my withered heart.  

It's like "The Waltons", except with serial killers, of course.

Umm, Eric, seems to me you need to keep your eyes above waist level when talking to Xander, okay?  This Tarzan doesn't swing on that vine, remember?

By the way, did you see the cheap ass candy Xander was giving out at the Mansion?  

Now I have to go and light a candle to St. Ben.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

@boes, it is unfortunate that the show kept Ben on as a character. The actor could have played his doppelganger or twin or whatever, and it wouldn't be this mess. He can't live for the love of Ciara - they may not make it to their 50th anniversary.

• Love 7
On 10/25/2019 at 7:40 PM, boes said:

It's so good to see you back!

Thanks. 😀

On 10/26/2019 at 10:35 PM, ByaNose said:

I will say an app for a pace maker is a new one for daytime. I guess that is the big storyline that’s never happened before that they were promoting. Thanks again.

Apparently the app storyline idea isn't totally impossible.

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2019/10/28/ron-carlivati-reveals-how-dick-cheney-inspired-julies-heart-storyline-on-days-of-our-lives

On 10/28/2019 at 12:30 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

I thought Jordan and Rafe had chemistry in their original run and yes it would be preferable for this to be revisited especially if he's going to have a love interest I rather have it be her than Hope. I mean I don't hate Jordan but I don't like her enough to want better for her either...

Jordan and Rafe were, literally, 2 of the first characters I saw when I first started watching again in 2014,  And I was so annoyed when he cheated on her with Kate, as I liked their chemistry.

------------------

Sorry, still catching up here, so skimmed over some posts.  But I do have a question. 

Has Princess Gina always been a "brainwashed" Hope?  Or were they at some point 2 different people?  And if 2 different people, where is the real Princess Gina now?

• Love 4

Another stupid thing.  Are we really supposed to think Jordan was carrying a 1-year old baby in that infant carrier with only one arm (not to mention, do people actually carry a child that age with a blanket over them)?  And still had the strength to shove (knock, whatever she did) Ciara without putting him down?  Is she training in a weight lifting competition in her spare time?  And then she took off running yet Ben couldn't catch her within 20 feet?  She's either got superhero strength or Ben is really slow.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Has Princess Gina always been a "brainwashed" Hope?  Or were they at some point 2 different people?  And if 2 different people, where is the real Princess Gina now?

There was also a "real" Princess Gina - mother of Greta.  She died while impersonating Hope when Shawn Douglas was still in high school.  (It was some really stupid plot that somehow involved every adult in Salem attending the "Last Blast" dance at the high school.)

• LOL 4
42 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

There was also a "real" Princess Gina - mother of Greta.  She died while impersonating Hope when Shawn Douglas was still in high school.  (It was some really stupid plot that somehow involved every adult in Salem attending the "Last Blast" dance at the high school.)

Thanks.  I guess I wasn't watching as regularly though the "last blast" years as I thought I was. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Thanks.  I guess I wasn't watching as regularly though the "last blast" years as I thought I was. 

The real princess Gina is dead. Actually Shawn D killed her while she was in Salem impersonating Hope.  Back then the real princess Gina kidnapped Hope and Stefano as revenge. She actually resigned that she would live the rest of her life as Hope. 

She actually got over John, was fine with having him as a friend, she had Greta in town, and because Greta and Hope had a mother/daughter relationship Gina was able to keep Greta close. She also fell in love with and married Bo. Shawn D killed her on her wedding night. 

As crazy as the " Gina saga" got I did love that portion of it and found KA to be her best when playing the real Princess Gina.

The only thing that would excite me about this retread is if Greta came back. 

• Love 4