Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Hope seemed to have time to get new hi-lites for her hair and some new makeup. Surely, like most women, she carries a mirror in her handbag. I do - regular and mini magnifying one. If her neck is itchy, she can also look in any bathroom mirror to see what the problem is - i.e. insect bite. She certainly has been flippy to everyone. People do know what happened the last time she was around Dr. Rolf. And someone should take a look at that USB stick.

Jennifer sure likes her chalky lip colours. Please please get some new lipsticks Jennifer. You look washed out and sick.

Bye, Lucas. Til your next short visit.

At least Gabi changed from that jumpsuit.  Surely Julie would be hooked up to all sorts of machines and wouldn't have many visitors for the first few days of her transplant. And no, Gabi as the donor person, would not be invited a few hours after recovery.

Did like Kate and Gabi together - Gabi needs a friend.

Why the rush for Eli to get married, Julie? Will Lani's dress be out of style if they waited a few weeks? If she is still in the hospital, they can livestream the event or have someone use Periscope or some other videoing.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Wouldn't you still be the same person you are even if you can't remember?

Not necessarily.  Head injuries definitely can change a person's personality. 

But personality wasn't the reason he was an asshole, his decisions were and decisions/choices are often informed by knowledge and experiences.  Just as he changed back in the 80s when he learned all of what he didn't know.

So I think it makes total sense that people who knew and loved him for decades would basically write off the past six months or so.  Hailey doesn't have that experience so she might hold a grudge. It'd make sense if she were cautious.  That might interesting but she's not so...yeah.

Clearly they want this over for the next story.  Kind of like the way they wrapped up Stefan and Gabi's antagonistic marriage and moved them into a loving one so they could kill him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I like Lucas and I wish the show cared enough about him to make him a regular and give him a decent story but on this show that isn't necessarily a good thing since all the other storylines are terrible as well. Lucas is strangely better off in these short stints where he's actually being used.

• Love 5

I have more thoughts on today's episode.

The scenes between Jack and Abe make me long for having Sheri Anderson on the staff or someone who knows history.  Jack may regret how the election went down but even if it had been the most honorable campaign,  there are good reasons why he'd want to move away from politics. The scenes were the perfect and easy opportunity for him to point out to Abe that political Jack has always been the worst Jack.  Political Jack was an entitled ass.  Political Jack raped Kayla.  Political Jack was who he was created to be by the serial killing senator.  Jack didn't start growing until he moved away from politics and found his own passion.  For that reason, of course a Jack with memories would not want anything to do with politics even if Abe turned him down. Including that motivation could have changed those scenes from perfunctory to feeling well rounded.

I liked Kate and Gabi's scenes. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Since when does amnesia change a person's basic personality? Is Jack going to apologize to Hailey?

I'm sure he'd like to apologize to Hailey if she ever crosses his path again, lol. Jack was always complicated and full of conflicting urges and emotions. In DOOL lore, Jennifer made him realize he was as equally good as bad. I don't see anything contrary to what I remember as the old Jack now, but time will tell. 

• Love 4

Look we don’t need to have Haley back. 

Although it’s funny for months they said she was the best nurse in the history of time (“ghost of Florence Nightingale, sit your ass down”) and she’s been absent in all these recent medical crises. 

They should have keep Lucas and Chloe on canvas either together or Chloe with Rex and Lucas involved in Kate, Will, and Sonny’s lives. Show tends to forget some of us are Lucas fans from damn near early 90s and Kate deserves a child/support and he has a very likable laidback way about him that would work in scenes with Will, Brady, Hortons bunch. And Chloe with Rex would have been a slam dunk. 

@Frozendiva I think Gabi didn’t change the jumpsuit but threw a boxy blazer (Stefan’s?) over it. I didn’t hate the jumpsuit since her body looked amazing in it and I knew I’d never be able to pull it off. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Kate was shot in the belly, fell into a grave, was covered up, dug herself out, walked to the hospital, almost died so that they were on the verge of taking her heart, and here she is walking around the hospital.

This! Just a day or two before, she received a gut shot and was declared brain dead and now she is out of the hospital and running around town. I need some of Dr Rolf’s serum!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Avenging Gabi is the only reason I'm still watching this show.  I don't give two shakes for any of the other characters.  I'm looking forward to her wreaking havoc on Lani's life.  Hoping it's pure soapy goodness!

• Love 7
On 10/17/2019 at 7:47 AM, Katy M said:

This is probably why there should be no diversity on TV.  If all the people in this story were white, the scene could have played out exactly the same and nobody would be calling racism, while nothing actually changed.  And, yes, I'm being tongue-in-cheek, in that I don't think that TV and movies should be monochromatic.  But, if people are going to complain when POC are killed, or commit crimes, or are put into uncomfortable situations, it does almost seem like that would be the easiest way of dealing with it.  Because there was nothing meant to be racist about that at all.  It was two characters who hate each other hating on each other.

Once again, it is the sight of a black woman on her knees begging.  Sure, maybe it wasn't meant to be racist, but it totally came off as racist.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:06 AM, QueenSerena said:

Remember the previews for the story where JJ shot Theo, and everyone thought it would be a Black Lives Matter-centric story? Then it ended with the African American victim and his family apologizing to the white cop who shot him? That's my lasting impression of Ron's attempt at writing for characters of color. And yes, I know that JJ did not shoot Theo with any kind of malice. That story was just bungled in so many ways, imo.

Do not get me started on that story.  It was just so--ugh.  JJ shot Theo and then Abe ended up apologizing to JJ.  That -- see, I'm about to launch into a rant.  I'm just going to stop myself.  Then, Ron had a full book of excuses on why that story didn't work out.  He knew he couldn't write that story.  He shouldn't have even attempted it.  I thought I read somewhere that Ron said he doesn't like to write for the black characters because he doesn't know how to write for them.  Hire black writers.  Even then, he would probably bungle that.  The man is gay and look at the stories he writes for the gay characters.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:06 AM, QueenSerena said:

This will always be my position on the pairing - there was no there there. I just feel nothing in these scenes. That's not to say Camila isn't doing a great job, because she is, I just can't bring myself to care about a 5-minute "great love" who happens to be a rapist that sent his "soulmate" to prison & maybe rendered her unable to have kids. I dunno, for some reason that just wasn't working for me. 🙃

Right, there was no there there.  I can't even say if the Gabi actress is doing a good job because I feel nothing.  I just do not care.  Oh, wait a minute.  I roll my eyes a lot.  Is that a feeling?

Now, because of this "great love", we have to suffer through the 5092nd Gabi revenge plot.  Oh, that's going to be so much fun.

• Love 4

Ciara's sweater is fugly.  It looks like she cut up a bear rug and dyed it pink.

Notice how Sarah keeps holding her belly?

Damn, those birds were obnoxious.  It's Fall, show, not Spring.

Why would Eric run frantically into the house to ask Sarah how she's feeling about Kristen being in the house?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

The man is gay and look at the stories he writes for the gay characters.

I'm glad someone else said it, because I've definitely been thinking it for a while now. And I know one of the show's executive producers has been problematic in that regard, and that may play a role here. But I've been so less than impressed.... 🙁

• Love 2

I love how the Hortons practically throw a party in the hospital waiting room that they might get Stefan's heart but now Lani wants to take the potential problems with Julie's heart convo "somewhere private."

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Geez, Hope, if you keep going at your neck, get a mirror to see what is affecting you or see a doctor! Even ask Ciara to check it out. Surely she can move your hair out of the way for 30 seconds.

Why would you want the Stefano painting?

Ben, maybe play a long con with your sister. If you do think something is still off, keep her closer as your enemy.

Lani, do you feel bad for shooting Stefan? Let's see, you have had affairs with two of Gabi's previous boyfriends, you have treated her a bit like crap. It's not your words but your actions that matter and maybe you need to do some soul-searching before you start your starter marriage with Eli. Still have zero idea what the two of you see in each other.

Sarah, can you be a little less obvious? Eventually you will start to show and folks will know that you are preggers. Tell everyone and let the chips fall as they may. Do you want Eric? Do you want Xander? Do you expect that Eric will run to you in that you are knocked up and has to make an honest woman out of you? You are 30 plus years old, you are a doctor, you are not poor, and you can co-parent as adults. I'd probably prefer Xander than sappy Eric, but if Nicole walks away, you get the prize!

• Love 7

OK - Kayla needs to stop being a doctor now.  Since WHEN does a doctor discuss a patient's treatment options with the family without the express consent of the patient?  She hasn't even told Julie what her options are and she's discussing them with Eli and Lani and wants to discuss them with Hope (while Gabi listens)?  Julie is not incapacitated and I would assume that Doug is her health care power of attorney if she was so NONE of those people need to be consulted - in fact Kayla is prohibited from telling them.  Show gets it right that Julie coulAd not get a transplant unless it is directed and then blows it by having Kayla tell EVERYONE EVERYTHING about the case.

And I agree with all the posters above - Sarah and subtlety do not belong in the same sentence!

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I still love Xander. He’s got a charming roguish bad boy thing. I love how devoted he is to Sarah, yet is still scheming . He needs to remain grey.

If he can keep this energy Xarah could work I just don't think it will last very long. It never does...

• Love 4
On 10/17/2019 at 1:26 AM, Petunia13 said:

I get Brady is so stupid that an iceberg wedge could be a contender for CEO or replacement of his duties but Ciara had the work ethic of a gnat and was fired from part time waitressing at an unbusy Pub (Roman said in the few months she worked there she showed up for her shifts a handful of times and usually didn’t even call) and is uneducated. 

Also I hate to be rude or tacky but has Ciara gained weight? Her face and body looks fuller. 

Eric was definitely being an insensitive asshole and it twisted the knife. Just help her to a chair and get her some food or juice then keep it movin. No need to bring up the good times, how you wish it would’ve been different, how much you guys cared, ect. 

What drunk driver is arrested days after the incident and charged for it? Um the breathalyzer doesn’t work hours after let alone days. You mean to tell me he went to a cop shop and demanded to be charged with drunk driving when they can’t use a breathalyzer or field sobriety test evidence in court at that point? And they concurred that would be fine take to trial and not only that he admitted he almost hit a woman? Again no evidence and beyond preposterous a non schizophrenic would do that but okay Show. 

I see Ben is still an entitled asshole.

I wouldn’t eat a random pizza some stranger man shoved in my face then ran away. Then again I’m not a fan of eating things that could be laced with pubes or Roofies. I probably would have shoved it back and told him fuck you or my room mate Rafe keeps guns in the house. 

Ciara and weight: I was thinking the same thing. She is by no means fat of course, I should be so fat! but it does look like she is very much "fuller". I  believe she has gained weight, she looks very sturdy, or as my husband says, a big farm girl who's able to do the job. Especially when she was near her scrawny, sickly (sorry but Hope just looks terrible these past couple of years, it's not her age but she doesn't look well, and her her is really really badly "styled". mother. 

• Love 4
On 10/17/2019 at 10:20 PM, Frozendiva said:

Hope seemed to have time to get new hi-lites for her hair and some new makeup. Surely, like most women, she carries a mirror in her handbag. I do - regular and mini magnifying one. If her neck is itchy, she can also look in any bathroom mirror to see what the problem is - i.e. insect bite. She certainly has been flippy to everyone. People do know what happened the last time she was around Dr. Rolf. And someone should take a look at that USB stick.

Jennifer sure likes her chalky lip colours. Please please get some new lipsticks Jennifer. You look washed out and sick.

Bye, Lucas. Til your next short visit.

At least Gabi changed from that jumpsuit.  Surely Julie would be hooked up to all sorts of machines and wouldn't have many visitors for the first few days of her transplant. And no, Gabi as the donor person, would not be invited a few hours after recovery.

Did like Kate and Gabi together - Gabi needs a friend.

Why the rush for Eli to get married, Julie? Will Lani's dress be out of style if they waited a few weeks? If she is still in the hospital, they can livestream the event or have someone use Periscope or some other videoing.

I thought by holding her neck she was trying to convey pain. But who can tell with this womans "acting"! Also, Good lord, get a real haircut Hope, your what 60? That flip crap with wings you are wearing does your emaciated face no favors. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I still love Xander. He’s got a charming roguish bad boy thing. I love how devoted he is to Sarah, yet is still scheming . He needs to remain grey.

Yes, I really loved the banter between him and her, with Sarah shooting him looks and telling him to shut up while he eggs her on. That was classic soap stuff and it really worked for me, much more than him standing around quietly begging her to think of him as a nice guy. If the writers let the characters be who they already are, and they naturally fall in love, that can really work.

I find it really telling though that out of all of the relationships we've seen lately where a decent girl falls in love with a horrible guy, like Gabi and Stefan or especially Ciara and Ben, the only couple that has sort of worked for me is Sarah and Xander. Probably because Sarah isn't running around defending her man's character. She fully knows he's dangerous and done terrible things, but she can't help being drawn to him and it seems like we're finally genuinely seeing a new side of Xander that is softer.

I realize that does sound a little bit like Ciara and Ben and Gabi and Stefan as well, but it really didn't work in those two cases. It's kind of working here. I just think they have to be really careful about where they go with this relationship. I don't want to dislike Xander. He's been one of the few bright spots in the show these last few years. He's a scoundrel, but I think he deserves a little bit of love and I would enjoy seeing Sarah compromise herself a little for him.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

My opinon is a bit of an outlier, I guess, but I'm enjoying Hope more since her encounter with Dr. Rolf than I have in years.  I never liked Princess Gina or any of the storylines connected to her and The Pawn, ever, but right now, in these early stages with what I guess is Hope's confusion, I'm enjoying her storyline.

For me, Hope has been a calcified character for more years than I can count, certainly since Bo left.  While I initially liked Aiden, even in that storyline, at least for me, KA seemed pretty stilted and lifeless.  Then, the horrible way Show used and abused the Aiden character made that storyline impossible for me to root for.  To make matters even worse, Show then saddled Hope with Rafe, the human equivalent of Ambien.

I don't know how long it's going to last, but right now, I'm interested in seeing what's going on with Hope and I haven't felt that way in a long long time.

It sure beats the hell out of watching Sarah be all herky jerky about her pregnancy, Eric whisperlusting, Nicole anguished yet again, crazy as a loon Kristen and wishing Ciara would accidentally superglue her mouth shut.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

I thought by holding her neck she was trying to convey pain. But who can tell with this womans "acting"! Also, Good lord, get a real haircut Hope, your what 60? That flip crap with wings you are wearing does your emaciated face no favors. 

It could be a mosquito bite or a giant pimple growing!

• LOL 3

@Frozendiva I owe you an apology. Upon rewatch I noticed Gabi’s new black outfit and little cape. I thought that was a fabulous touch to how she’s mourning and kinda “witchy”. 

@msrachelj I def notice a difference from a few months ago to now. Ciara’s cheekbones used to stand out and now her face is rounder without that definition and her body was more lanky. I don’t think she looks worse or anything. I know these actors have a lot of pressure. The ones who play Will and Sonny have spoken candidly on it. And I high hate it as just a normal person being told stuff about my weight or size as a compliment or by strangers asked about it. 

I think Rolf planted some chip in Hope which makes Gina (hence the scapel) and that’s why she keeps scratching her neck. The poor bastard used a 1.0 or Hewlett Packard version though and that’s why she’s glitching and not full Gina. Maybe she needs to be placed in a bag of rice and then she’ll be at 100% instead of this tentative quirky shit. 

@DisneyBoy I agree Xander always needs to be a gray hat. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I think Rolf planted some chip in Hope which makes Gina (hence the scapel) and that’s why she keeps scratching her neck. The poor bastard used a 1.0 or Hewlett Packard version though and that’s why she’s glitching and not full Gina. Maybe she needs to be placed in a bag of rice and then she’ll be at 100% instead of this tentative quirky shit. 

HAHAHAHA!  

That's a great idea!  Then Ron C. would probably have us watching Hope try to extricate herself from the bag of rice for the next 4 months until she was rescued by Ben.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, boes said:

My opinon is a bit of an outlier, I guess, but I'm enjoying Hope more since her encounter with Dr. Rolf than I have in years.  I never liked Princess Gina or any of the storylines connected to her and The Pawn, ever, but right now, in these early stages with what I guess is Hope's confusion, I'm enjoying her storyline.

Same. It's honestly the story I'm most interested in right now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/19/2019 at 11:24 AM, boes said:

Eric whisperlusting

Ha! I think you just coined a new classic.

I think it's interesting that over the course of several writing regimes, we continue to see Nicole and Xander forced to interact even though they hate each other. I remember when Xander first turned evil, thinking that we would not see any story for them in the long-term. But now it seems every time Xander comes back he still has some business with Nicole. I kind of like that, because the actors have great chemistry and play off each other very well. And I like those kinds of long-term rivalries that can exist in soaps.

Gabi's hair looks really nice even when straightened. I wonder what products they use because it's always so shiny and looks so thick and well-nourished.

I really enjoyed the early morning lighting in the DiMansion during the scenes of Hope stealing the portrait. I haven't seen the set lit like that before and it was very effective. I'm sure this Princess Gina storyline is going to suck horribly but at least this opening chapter is kind of mysterious and fun. It kind of reminds me a little bit of the Abigail/Gabby storyline. I really liked that first reveal where we saw Abigail in costume with the jacket going up the stairs to the bedroom.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ha! I think you just coined a new classic.

I think it's interesting that over the course of several writing regimes, we continue to see Nicole and Xander forced to interact even though they hate each other. I remember when Xander first turned evil, thinking that we would not see any story for them in the long-term. But now it seems every time Xander comes back he still has some business with Nicole. I kind of like that, because the actors have great chemistry and play off each other very well. And I like those kinds of long-term rivalries that can exist in soaps.

Gabi's hair looks really nice even when straightened. I wonder what products they use because it's always so shiny and looks so thick and well-nourished.

I really enjoyed the early morning Lighting in the DiMera Mansion during the scenes of Hope stealing the portrait. I haven't seen the set lit like that before and it was very effective. I'm sure this Princess Gina storyline is going to suck horribly but at least this opening chapter is kind of mysterious and fun. It kind of reminds me a little bit of the Abigail/Gabby storyline. I really liked that first reveal where we saw Abigail in costume with the jacket going up the stairs to the bedroom.

Then it ends up being just as terrible with questionable consent thrown into the mix..... I guess throwing Hope into the backburner and bringing her out for family scenes is too much to ask. Having her around Doug/Julie has been the most I enjoyed her in ages.

• Love 2

I totally agree. When I started watching again in 2012, Hope was in the background but she was a cheerful character who popped into the Town Square and had conversations with Marlena and John and handled police problems and generally was just a normal person. Nothing about Hope's life has been normal the last few years, and it doesn't look like it's about to get any better. As annoying as Jennifer has been, to me anyways, at least she hasn't had a bunch of really bad romances. Daniel was bad but Eric was fine and a slow burn and thankfully not oversold...

Wow. Am I really saying I prefer Jennifer's storylines these last five years to Hope's? I think I need to sit down.

There was something interesting about seeing Hope screw up and have to keep the secret of what she did to Stefano, and the way that that impacted her life....but it didn't seem to have any lasting impact on her or on people's opinions of her, so I don't think it was worth it. Ultimately I'm still in upset that they put squibs on Joe and filmed him getting shot in cold blood like that when he was struggling just to come to work and remember his lines. It wasn't a very dignified ending, and they could have written any number of ways for Stefano to vanish.

But getting back to Hope, I definitely hated the Rafe relationship and I hated how they destroyed Aiden, and in truth I didn't really enjoy Bo's return either...her being Commissioner was a joke, and everybody having to come to her defense over Stefano was mega irritating. And Hope hasn't even done anything to make it up to all of these people! They risked their jobs and travelled around the world and did all this crazy stuff and has she even baked anybody brownies? Plus Ciara has been painful to watch. So I'm really struggling here to think of a single Hope-related thing that I enjoyed. Oh wait - I liked when she went and sat with Victor during Caroline's Memorial.

Jennifer meanwhile has been a complete busy body/pain in the ass. Her butting into JJ and Paige's relationship, her demonizing Theresa, her total lack of awareness of Abigail the Headcase and perpetual propping of her, her relationship with Daniel obviously...all of that was awful. But I did enjoy Jennifer as an addict, and I wish they'd actually given the story a bit more screen time. But the glimpses we had of it were pretty good, and I liked the surprise twist of her and Eric getting together, though they should have never been engaged.

Jennifer and Jack has been annoying even though I do see more of a spark in her now.

...so does that one good Jeneric subplot mean Jennifer has entertained me more than Hope? I'm shook. I'm not going to think about this anymore.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I totally agree. When I started watching again in 2012, Hope was in the background but she was a cheerful character who popped into the Town Square and had conversations with Marlena and John and handled police problems and generally was just a normal person. Nothing about Hope's life has been normal the last few years, and it doesn't look like it's about to get any better. As annoying as Jennifer has been, to me anyways, at least she hasn't had a bunch of really bad romances. Daniel was bad but Eric was fine and a slow burn and thankfully not oversold...

Wow. Am I really saying I prefer Jennifer's storylines these last five years to Hope's? I think I need to sit down.

There was something interesting about seeing Hope screw up and have to keep the secret of what she did to Stefano, and the way that that impacted her life....but it didn't seem to have any lasting impact on her or on people's opinions of her, so I don't think it was worth it. Ultimately I'm still in upset that they put squibs on Joe and filmed him getting shot in cold blood like that when he was struggling just to come to work and remember his lines. It wasn't a very dignified ending, and they could have written any number of ways for Stefano to vanish.

But getting back to Hope, I definitely hated the Rafe relationship and I hated how they destroyed Aiden, and in truth I didn't really enjoy Bo's return either...her being Commissioner was a joke, and everybody having to come to her defense over Stefano was mega irritating. And Hope hasn't even done anything to make it up to all of these people! They risked their jobs and travelled around the world and did all this crazy stuff and has she even baked anybody brownies? Plus Ciara has been painful to watch. So I'm really struggling here to think of a single Hope-related thing that I enjoyed. Oh wait - I liked when she went and sat with Victor during Caroline's Memorial.

Jennifer meanwhile has been a complete busy body/pain in the ass. Her butting into JJ and Paige's relationship, her demonizing Theresa, her total lack of awareness of Abigail the Headcase and perpetual propping of her, her relationship with Daniel obviously...all of that was awful. But I did enjoy Jennifer as an addict, and I wish they'd actually given the story a bit more screen time. But the glimpses we had of it were pretty good, and I liked the surprise twist of her and Eric getting together, though they should have never been engaged.

Jennifer and Jack has been annoying even though I do see more of a spark in her now.

...so does that one good Jeneric subplot mean Jennifer has entertained me more than Hope? I'm shook. I'm not going to think about this anymore.

Eh its not as if Jennifer didn't have legit reasons here.  She was a bitch to Jennifer since day 1 (which the show never really established as to why) who was trying to be nice to her. Also didn't help that she threatened to send JJ to jail if he didn't get her drugs etc.  

• Love 1
On 10/20/2019 at 8:44 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I totally agree. When I started watching again in 2012, Hope was in the background but she was a cheerful character who popped into the Town Square and had conversations with Marlena and John and handled police problems and generally was just a normal 5person. Nothing about Hope's life has been normal the last few years, and it doesn't look like it's about to get any better. As annoying as Jennifer has been, to me anyways, at least she hasn't had a bunch of really bad romances. Daniel was bad but Eric was fine and a slow burn and thankfully not oversold...

Stefano should have succumbed to a disease which left him bedridden .But Before that he Could have summoned the characters whose liveS he affected like Marlena,Hope ,Ana , KaTe ,Abe,Steve and Roman to the mansion for 1 on 1 conversation .

Would have been a decent way to provide some closure . 

I thought Hope vowing to protect Chad   in order to somewhat make up for what she did to Stefano was nonsense . It was  Supposed to be Andre promising Stefano that he will protect Chad ,Peter     Theo and EJ's kids as a way of redeeming himself in Stefano's eyes afterall  ,Andre murdered Renee and Benjy plus he was the Cause of Lexie's death.

SteFano and andre being BFFs during Andre's 2015 return Made no sense because during the brady /dimera storyline in 2007 , stefano disowned andre after he killed Benjy and tried to kill EJ .Stefano even teamed up with Bo and Steve and Hope to capture AnDre. 

Andre's " loyalty" to Chad Should have been motivated by his vow to Stefano and allowed Andre to retain his dark edge when he takeS over Stefano's crime ring and becomes the new DiMera to fear While Chad and Peter get the legitimate businesses.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
On 10/18/2019 at 12:38 PM, norahs99 said:

Avenging Gabi is the only reason I'm still watching this show.  I don't give two shakes for any of the other characters.  I'm looking forward to her wreaking havoc on Lani's life.  Hoping it's pure soapy goodness!

Yet Gabi will lose again and end up in tears as the Horton crime family wins get again.

• Love 4

I don't understand what Sarah is accomplishing by planning on leaving town without telling anybody, including her mother, that she's pregnant.  Is she planning on staying away for the rest of her life and never telling anybody that she had a baby?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Yet Gabi will lose again and end up in tears as the Horton crime family wins get again.

Well, maybe Gabi needs to stop doing things that will make her end up in tears. Cause and effect.

• Love 6

I totally forgot about Hope's promise to protect Chad. I wonder if that'll ever come up again.

(Secretly I'm afraid that whole stupid storyline about Stefano wanting the house some dead relative left for Abigail in Ireland might get dredged back up. May we never hear about it or Summer again.)

I was yelling at my television today for Nicole to just tell Eric about the baby. It would probably work out in her favour anyway. Once Eric knows that Sarah kept the secret from him, he would probably be more pissed off with Sarah than with Nicole. I just wish they were doing a better job of justifying Nicole's silence here. I mean it's not like she's wrong to think that Eric's fresh feelings for Sarah could bubble up to the surface. He was sleeping with her just a few weeks ago. And he is back with Nicole in some way out of loyalty. On the other hand, he obviously does love her passionately, so especially after all of the mistakes her lies have caused in the past, Nicole should just tell him what she knows and avoid any problems. Hopefully they won't milk this for very long.

I'm really enjoying the silent scenes of Hope moving the portrait into a little Warehouse. It's a nice set too. Did part of it used to be Kristen's Warehouse from 2 years ago?

I'm sure the storyline is only going to get worse of course but at least the creepy little build-up is fun. I think it was a mistake for them to actually show Hope with all the Princess Gina necklaces in that trailer a few weeks ago. If they hadn't done that, we would be completely or mostly in the dark about what was going on with her.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
On 10/16/2019 at 12:19 AM, TenaciousWarrior said:

Nicole opening the envelope and possibly keeping the news from Eric is the first REAL Nicole thing I’ve seen her do since she’s been back. Welcome back, Nicole!

How about Nicole slamming Kristen into the wall at the police station?  

I for one want Nicole to continue to be morally better than her past.  Is it impossible to have her be a heroine with an edge.  I for one do not like the scheming Nicole.  

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I for one want Nicole to continue to be morally better than her past.  Is it impossible to have her be a heroine with an edge.  I for one do not like the scheming Nicole.  

Nicole has never been a heroine so that would be out of character. She is a schemers that’s makes bad decisions but should know better when history repeats itself. Perhaps she would tell Eric the truth but there is more conflict if she does keep quiet.

• Love 1

Look objectively speaking that scene with Lani on her knees was bad optics. Period. But I blame the writers more than Gabi, I mean that will happen in soaps they make the characters of color be dead wrong and hard to root for(which Lani & Gabi kinda are right now; not saying it will stay that way forever),and even though I'm team Gabi I still want Lani and Eli to have a good wedding and be happy. Now Julie on the other hand gets absolutely no sympathy from me she can rot. End of story. They do need more writers of color because if they keep on like this things could get ugly. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah Theresa really turned on the charm for Jen didn't she?

I miss her.

I never understood what the point of it was I mean I don't care that she hated Jennifer but at least have it make some sense.  It seemed they wanted to make a rivalry between these two over Daniel at one point.... 

I rather have seen her being bitchy to Kayla(which she was and makes more sense to me) and would've been a good use of history if it was because Shane was there more for Kayla/Stephanie after Steve died than her and Kim. Would've been a nice character driven storyline even if it I had to be reminded of the horror that was Shayla.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, A.J. said:

How about Nicole slamming Kristen into the wall at the police station?  

In today's soap: Yes yes it is! 

It shouldn't be but for some reason they think heroine= saint with no personality. and Vixen= edgy and full of life. They don't write the male characters any better either. It also makes a lot of the stories they do write lacking even more than they already do because of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I never understood what the point of it was I mean I don't care that she hated Jennifer but at least have it make some sense.  It seemed they wanted to make a rivalry between these two over Daniel at one point.... 

I rather have seen her being bitchy to Kayla(which she was and makes more sense to me) and would've been a good use of history if it was because Shane was there more for Kayla/Stephanie after Steve died than her and Kim. Would've been a nice character driven storyline even if it I had to be reminded of the horror that was Shayla.

Yeah, but in her defense, Jenn was particularly hateable during that period.  She was insufferable, paired with Salem's Saint Daniel, and the way she propped up that yapping, entitled, slap happy shrew of a daughter made it even worse. 

The only thing missing with those two harpies, patrolling Salem and the hospital, pouncing on everyone they deemed unworthy were broomsticks fitted for flight.

Disliking "Jenny" and Abigail was Theresa's best quality for a while.

Damn, this is making me miss Anne. ...

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, boes said:

Yeah, but in her defense, Jenn was particularly hateable during that period.  She was insufferable, paired with Salem's Saint Daniel, and the way she propped up that yapping, entitled, slap happy shrew of a daughter made it even worse. 

The only thing missing with those two harpies, patrolling Salem and the hospital, pouncing on everyone they deemed unworthy were broomsticks fitted for flight.

Disliking "Jenny" and Abigail was Theresa's best quality for a while.

Damn, this is making me miss Anne. ...

Eh I don't care at least give a backstory like if it was about Eve or something and it wasn't. A bitch for the sake of being a bitch doesn't really work with me and that's all Theresa was.

It would've made more sense if Abby/Theresa were rivals though over Chad or something.  

I did like Anne she at least made sense. I do think they should've done more with Lucas/Anne 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, CanaryFan98 said:

Eh I don't care at least give a backstory like if it was about Eve or something and it wasn't. A bitch for the sake of being a bitch doesn't really work with me and that's all Theresa was.

It would've made more sense if Abby/Theresa were rivals though over Chad or something.  

I did like Anne she at least made sense. I do think they should've done more with Lucas/Anne 

Different strokes, it sure worked for me.  Jenn was on her from Day 1, as was Abby, and they both made sure to point out Theresa's flaws every chance they got.  To be fair, Theresa had a lot of them, but so did they.

Abby, in particular, did even less work than Theresa, unless you count all the effort it took for in climbing Mt. EJ that day in the shower.  I'm still surprised she didn't come at him with grappling hooks.

Ahhh, those were the days.....

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

Look objectively speaking that scene with Lani on her knees was bad optics. Period. But I blame the writers more than Gabi, I mean that will happen in soaps they make the characters of color be dead wrong and hard to root for(which Lani & Gabi kinda are right now; not saying it will stay that way forever),and even though I'm team Gabi I still want Lani and Eli to have a good wedding and be happy. Now Julie on the other hand gets absolutely no sympathy from me she can rot. End of story. They do need more writers of color because if they keep on like this things could get ugly. 

I was horrified and so disappointed with DAYS after that Lani/Gabi scene.  I had to stop and delete that episode right away.  I don't see Lani under any circumstances agreeing to that nonsense.  Shame on who ever green-lit that rubbish.   

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't understand what Sarah is accomplishing by planning on leaving town without telling anybody, including her mother, that she's pregnant.  Is she planning on staying away for the rest of her life and never telling anybody that she had a baby?

I am confused about this too. Unless Sarah plans to mess with the timeline of her pregnancy or pretend she’s adopted the baby, someone is bound to find out sooner or later.

• LOL 3
12 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Is Kayla the worst doctor or what? I could hear the baby’s heartbeat loudly and she says “I can’t hear the heartbeat.  Whoops, now I found it.” 

And is Kayla now the heart doctor, brain doctor and gynecologist all wrapped up in one?

Not to mention the Chief of Staff.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

Different strokes, it sure worked for me.  Jenn was on her from Day 1, as was Abby, and they both made sure to point out Theresa's flaws every chance they got.  To be fair, Theresa had a lot of them, but so did they.

Abby, in particular, did even less work than Theresa, unless you count all the effort it took for in climbing Mt. EJ that day in the shower.  I'm still surprised she didn't come at him with grappling hooks.

Ahhh, those were the days.....

Except Jennifer wasn't a bitch to her from Day 1 Theresa was they gave  no real reason as to why they just wanted to drive home she was Sami Jr(as they even got Sami to say she saw herself in her) but without the reason behind how she got to that point.  Regardless Theresa worked best as an unapologetic bitch the minute they defanged her and stuck her with a kid was when it went downhill for her.

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I hate to admit it, but cheeky Xander amuses me.  He is being so charming to Sarah, she cant resist.  I look forward to their 'date" to the wedding.  

If they can retain that with Xander and make Sarah slightly less obnoxious it could actually work despite Days efforts to ruin it.. when a pairing works on this show its by accident.

31 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Is Kayla the worst doctor or what? I could hear the baby’s heartbeat loudly and she says “I can’t hear the heartbeat.  Whoops, now I found it.” 

And is Kayla now the heart doctor, brain doctor and gynecologist all wrapped up in one?

Now would be a good time to have brought back Mike course he's a Horton male so he doesn't matter much.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1