Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

@CanaryFan98 -- like I said, FIERY, lol! Thanks so much -- I love it! 

Yes one of my fave JJ moments this is behind Pot Donuts of course which is still #1.

Really if the show wanted the audience to get into Jennifer vs Eve they should've resurrected JJ/Eve and have Jack walk in on it this time. Jennifer vs Eve over Jack is nice in theory but doesn't offer the same punch at least with KDP's version. Plus I felt their issues were more about JJ(or even Frankie) more than Jack at this point in time.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I realize this is a soap, but hearts (or any transplantable organ) go to the person that needs one and who is the most compatible match even if it is in another state. Just because someone dies in a hospital and there is a person that needs one in the same hospital, doesn't mean the heart will be a perfect match. 

That is the way it works generally as most donations are anonymous.  However, there is such a thing as a directed donation.  Directed donations are donations where the donating party chooses the recipient and "directs" the donation to that person.

It's more common with living donations (kidneys, bone marrow, partial liver).  But it is also permissible with a donation from a person who is dying.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I realize this is a soap, but hearts (or any transplantable organ) go to the person that needs one and who is the most compatible match even if it is in another state. Just because someone dies in a hospital and there is a person that needs one in the same hospital, doesn't mean the heart will be a perfect match. 

What @RachelKM said is absolutely correct.  you have the right to dispose of your loved ones organs as you see fit.  But, also, as far as the list go, geography will play a part.  If someone dies in New York, and you have two compatible people high up on the list and one is in NY and the other is in CA, the New Yorker will get it.

• Love 2

There are some legal limitations for donations.  The law recognizes that you are not obligated to donate organs and thus can restrict donations since you could just refuse altogether.  (People are really weird about donation of eyes.)

However, you cannot condition a donation on something expressly prohibited.  For instance, you cannot condition that organs go to people of specific race or not to a people because of race.  And you cannot receive economic compensation for an organ.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/12/2019 at 5:58 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I wouldn't mind any of those but the show is never going to write it. I do think KA can do more than what the show gives her. However the show won't let Hope go beyond that Bo (or Rafe) bubble which shows how limited this character is.  I liked her with Aiden because it showed that Hope can exist in a totally different type of pairing and he wasn't a Bo ripoff like Rafe is. I find it interesting most fans are accepting of the men in these supercouple pairings to move on but the women can't. Sure Jennifer was allowed to move on but people kept clamoring for Jack(except maybe when she was w/ Peter and MV was Jack). I don't think that would be the case with Jack.

I loved Patrick(the only Lockhart I liked) and I also thought Hope/Patrick were pretty hot. Unfortunately he went the way of all the other non Bo and Rafe love interests and became demonized never to be heard from again. However he could've easily been paired with Chloe, Nicole etc at the time and it would've been ok with me. Plus I always wanted JJ to meet him as he was older since he helped bring him into the world.

Turning Patrick into a DiMera goon again was dumb especially after he somewhat redeemed himself during the Melaswen debacle when he showed Andre DiMera the middlefinger. 

Not only did he have plenty of chemistry with Hope and Jen ,he had chemistry with Julie Pinson's version of Billie Reed. 

TIIC screwed him over . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

On what grounds was Andre released from prison?  He did kill Ted.

Marlena banging on the door reminded me of all the times Will and Sonny got interrupted.

So Nicole went to change into a Little Black Dress? Is she going to a cocktail party?

"Most of your experience was compiled by Andre when he was pretending to be you."

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

On what grounds was Andre released from prison?  He did kill Ted.

Kristen went to the police and I guess told them Tony killing Ted was self-defense. I'm not sure why her word alone just made them be like, "OK, you're free to go," but it is what it is lol.

So Nicole went to change into a Little Black Dress? Is she going to a cocktail party?

I thought it was a dress at first but it was actually a jumpsuit. Which honestly is worse.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

What the hell was with Marlena today?  Once she busted in on Eric and Nicole she stood there like a zombie just staring awkwardly at them. Then she proceeded to go into this diatribe about Sarah. 

What a nice birthday surprise. Your mom comes over to talk about your ex-girlfriend while your in the "honeymoon" stage of reuniting with your great love.

I honestly thought that Marlena would understand Eric's predicament better than most. Substitute Sarah and Roman and she can relate.

Hell if we are going to use Eric's birthday as a plot device, can we give a shout out to Sami?  Kate could of easily been on the phone with her when Roman came in the room.  

• Love 5

Marlena not liking Nicole makes sense to me because Nicole did dump Eric for $5 million way back and also Sydnapping.  I can see why she would think Sarah is a better option in comparison. Marlena liking Sarah for no real reason beyond that? Not so much.

• Love 2

I’d rather pick lint out of my belly button than watch Eric and Nicole attempt to be sexy. They are the epitome of boring.

Marlena has a reason not to like Nicole. Not only did she take $5 million to dump Eric and marry Lucas, but she stole Sami’s baby. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I know AZ isn’t old (she’s only 45) but she seemed too old for the supposedly sexy negligee scene with GV. Maybe, because the nighty was ugly in general but Nicole is getting a little long in the tooth for these scenes. 

• Love 3

What does it matter who Marlena likes.  Eric is a grown man. That apartment is to small for Marlena to have the conversation.  She’s to smart too so she probably did it for I don’t know reasons. 

Wasnt eric on the phone with Sami today?

i thought Nicole looked beautiful.  She made Eric smile.  That’s all I need.   

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, tribeca said:

What does it matter who Marlena likes.  Eric is a grown man. That apartment is to small for Marlena to have the conversation.  She’s to smart too so she probably did it for I don’t know reasons. 

Wasnt eric on the phone with Sami today?

i thought Nicole looked beautiful.  She made Eric smile.  That’s all I need.   

I liked that Nicole talked to Eric about what she overheard marlena saying about sarah.I mean I'm sure Nicole will become insecure when she finds out that Sarah is pregnant with Eric's baby.

• Love 2

I could not believe how bland Lani was on Friday during that showdown between her and Gabi in the hospital. When the writers give you that kind of awesome material and you don't even change your vocal inflections? What a waste.

Sal - your job was to show how annoyed your character was to be forced to beg, while also recognizing that Gabi's pain was motivating her unfair treatment of you. You totally failed on both counts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I could not believe how bland Lani was on Friday during that showdown between her and Gabi in the hospital. When the writers give you that kind of awesome material and you don't even change your vocal inflections? What a waste.

Sal - your job was to show how annoyed your character was to be forced to beg, while also recognizing that Gabi's pain was motivating her unfair treatment of you. You totally failed on both counts.

Maybe Sal was as disgusted over Lani having to beg as I was. Those scenes were cringeworthy written.

• Love 3

Today was pretty dull.  Not bad, just dull.  I guess it was mostly a set up for Fadda Eric to find out he's gonna be a Father, but THIS time, without all the trimmings.

Come to think of it, if he'd HAD the trimmings, we wouldn't be in this mess.

I'm very glad Show decided not to go any further with Nicole and Eric having sexay times.  I have this fear that when things start to get really hot and heavy, that's when Eric suggests they get out the Raggedy Ann and Andy costumes.  That boy just ain't right.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Nicole looked lovely today.

Marlena, you don't have to love the woman that your 40 plus year old son chooses. His life. You have also had your share of unfortunate relationships. And yeah, you should call before coming over to visit.

Xander, you have some nice little fantasies about Sarah Horton and Eric. The fact is both are adults and can co-parent. Does Sarah really want Eric - if Nicole was really dead, he would still carry her around in his heart. She can have the baby as she can afford to do so, the baby will have a lovely mansion to grow up in, and will have lots of love and support from both parents and maybe Xander too.

Nice to see Anna again. Now she can return the fake ring. There was a good point made about Tony's work experience mainly Andre's. Yep, Kate, you can run the company from your hospital room.

Dr. Rolf is a bit creepy and Hope is not herself.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Maybe Sal was as disgusted over Lani having to beg as I was. Those scenes were cringeworthy written.

I’m with you. Sal was probably like, “Really????”. Cringe worthy indeed. 

No Sal’s always been a bad actress and Lani is one of the blandest people ever. Now she’s also smug and seemingly had no career or interests other that hanging around the Hortons fetching their food and giving them ass pats. 

I don’t find Xander and his Sarah thing adverse. I actually have always like how funny he was with his quips and cheesy ways. I just don’t like how his every waking thought is of Sarah and he acts like his life would fucking end if she rejected him or moved away. 

I couldn’t care less if André gets a job or marries Anna. I high key find them weird. It was also stupid AF she tried to gift the Scrabble tile ring she bought herself to Roman. He totally was like “why did you ask me to meet you and waste my time?” Then like “what the fuck would I do with this QVC bauble?” I had to concur. 

Roman and Kate still have some nice chemistry. She is so cute. 

Rolf did a Get Out type hypnotism or brainwashing identity fuckshit on Hope, but with a rosary and a scapel instead of the tea cup. KA was horrible as Princess Gina in the Marlena in Heaven and Hell scenes after she was shot and as “Midnight Hope” so I’m not looking forward to this playing an alter or mental conflict crap. 

Marlena to Eric’s apartment was like Jen to JJs. Adult couple about to have sex then their mom bursts in. Hijinks! Are surprising adults with cakes on their bdays instead of gifts making a come back? I’m a server and have had 2 tables do this (with my help springing it. One brought a layer cake & super elaborate candle that when the top lit burst open with ten other candles ignited inside and spun) and witnessed maybe a dozen in other servers sections in just 2 weeks. 

This was last week but I agree with the poster that said Kayla was bitchy to Sarah unnecessarily when she yelled at her to she should answer her phone and shouted angrily to scrub in. It wasn’t like she took a long time getting to the hospital. Sometimes people shower or sleep or phones die even on Horton time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

No Sal’s always been a bad actress and Lani is one of the blandest people ever. Now she’s also smug and seemingly had no career or interests other that hanging around the Hortons fetching their food and giving them ass pats.

So much this.  Sal is just a very flat performer.  She really never convinces me of any strong emotion. 

It might be why I wasn't all that moved by those scenes. Yeah, I didn't like the idea of intentionally humiliating another person.  But that was based on the lines and Camila's blazing performance and Gabi's expressed intent. Sal's performance blunted the effect for me.

Also, while the optics of having a black woman on her knees begging are not good, Camila's performance was more riveting and thus held my attention more than the sight of Lani on her knees.  

Edited by RachelKM
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I didn’t see a problem with Gabi making Lani beg on her knees. The woman shot her husband and she’s deep in trauma and Gabi’s always been very impulsive and never been shy about her anger or desire for retaliation. Also they both are minorities so I didn’t get racial pings. 

I agree Sal did not hold her own in her scenes with CB who owned the rage and heartbreak and committed, while Sal seemed like she was discussing a misplaced iPhone or listening to an MLM pitch and knelt and asked like she was humoring some stranger, so they’d shut up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

But that's the perfect opportunity to show that.  The writers wrote that scene but at that point, it's up to the actors to interpret and deliver it. If she felt it was embarrassing or disgusting, there was room within those scenes to act it. But to give up? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

That comes down to actors using non verbal cues like touching a hand to their chest or maybe tearing up but keeping a stiff upper lip and strong shoulders or varying their vocal inflections and speed. KdP/Eve is actually really good at this, she’s done a lot with lines just by body language and tones. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298fbd91128f2df40963  

I actually do the same shit having worked in sales and now serving. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sal is just a bad actress.  No, let me correct that, she is not even an actress.  She's brings nothing, ever, to the role.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Atleast she is decent eye candy. 

She shouldnt even be on contract . 

She should be on Recurring status .

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I don’t find Xander and his Sarah thing adverse. I actually have always like how funny he was with his quips and cheesy ways. I just don’t like how his every waking thought is of Sarah and he acts like his life would fucking end if she rejected him or moved away. 

I think he might be desperately lonely, always operating without anyone in his corner, so that when he does form an attachment to someone, he gets invested in it beyond what any normal person would. I do wish they would get more to do/talk about, like a little side project for them to do together. Repetitive dialogue is the worst. 

• Love 8
On 10/11/2019 at 10:59 PM, boes said:

a boiled and hairless Brady

....boes. Yuck. Not cool. I mean, accurate, but yuck.

Have Julie, Kate and Stefan all been occupying the exact same hospital room these last few weeks?   *long sigh*

Show can't be that broke. Can it?

Didn't they used to have a spare hospital room set in storage...? I remember there being different rooms during the Yo Ling plague storyline...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RachelKM said:

So much this.  Sal is just a very flat performer.  She really never convinces me of any strong emotion. 

It might be why I wasn't all that moved by those scenes. Yeah, I didn't like the idea of intentionally humiliating another person.  But that was based on the lines and Camila's blazing performance and Gabi's expressed intent. Sal's performance blunted the effect for me.

Also, while the optics of having a black woman on her knees begging is not good, Camila's performance was more riveting and thus held my intention more than the sight of Lani on her knees.  

They're two people of color/minorities so I didn't see an issue there.

Sal absolutely dulled the impact of the scenes. Camilla was selling it from various angles and would have done even better with a stronger scene partner. Imagine, for a second, Deidre Hall in Sal's role. You know she would have made proud sanctimonious Marlena beg with the intensity of a thousand suns to convince Gabi to save her friend's life. She might have even gotten Camilla to cry in the midst of her hollow taunting. It would have been beautiful.

Hell, Lauren K did more emotional reacting during the (what felt like) five seconds she got to show Kate begging Viv not to kill her.

Sal got a whole episode. She bombed it.

Seriously if that was an audition tape... would you hire her?

Anyway, I loved seeing Eric getting some on his birthday. More Happy Ericole. Please. They've been apart and miserable for like six years now. Let them drool over each other and laugh for a few months okay? Please?

Marlena's hair and suit looked flattering today.

Weird how Roman and Kate still have chemistry. Sorry Josh but I kinda don't see your character turning heads at this point in his life. Yet there it is.

Hope is best when she's in supportive friend mode. Can't they just do that with her for a while? I'm sick of the last five years of her depressing melodrama. First the assassination of Aiden, the death of Bo and the murder of Stefano, then all the endless endless Rope crap, and now Gina playacting..? Lord have mercy.

As others have pointed out, the Gina schtick wore thin during the Halloween/near death scenes. Why make it an A plot? KA's accent and Gina posturing suck hard...can't they see that?

...now that I think of it, I'm kind of surprised they haven't revisited Hope and Rafe's break-up. Wasn't the impetus for that Rafe botching the baby Holly rescue scenario? I thought for sure as soon as Nicole and Holly were revealed to be alive, they'd be trying to push Rafe and Hope back together again. Don't get me wrong, I'm super super relieved it hasn't happened yet! I'm just kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop there. It'll be amazing if they have the guts to keep them apart for good. As long as Frenchie was around at least there was an obstacle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

At least Lani wasn’t stuck in that awful jumpsuit for days like Gabi.   

Kate and Roman were really good together.  Kate was funny with why didn’t Stefan try harder to live like her.  Poor Stefan the only person Dr Rolf didn’t want to help. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Also, while the optics of having a black woman on her knees begging is not good, Camila's performance was more riveting and thus held my intention more than the sight of Lani on her knees.

7 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I didn’t see a problem with Gabi making Lani beg on her knees. The woman shot her husband and she’s deep in trauma and Gabi’s always been very impulsive and never been shy about her anger or desire for retaliation. Also they both are minorities so I didn’t get racial pings.

9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

They're two people of color/minorities so I didn't see an issue there.

My mind went directly there.  I don't care if it was two minorities.  You still had a Black woman on her knees, begging.  That's not okay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, tribeca said:

At least Lani wasn’t stuck in that awful jumpsuit for days like Gabi.   

Right! In general, Lani has much better wardrobe than a lot of the other women. Probably just because they usually put her in basic stuff instead of making her wear cocktail dresses to work in the hospital or skin-tight jumpsuits on weekdays.

34 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

My mind went directly there.  I don't care if it was two minorities.  You still had a Black woman on her knees, begging.  That's not okay.

I think if Sal was a good, or even just decent, actress then that scene would have read that way to me but as everyone has already said, Sal is just so flat and boring and brought absolutely nothing to the scene so it just didn't have the oomph it needed to really be what it was supposed to be for me.

• Love 4

I think Dr. Rolf is one of my favorite characters because the actor is so superbly deadpan.  Nicole was understandably horrified at the thought of Rolf being Kristen's doctor but she played it off by agreeing with Rolf's surprise but then his dry response of "So was I" just upped the scene to comic gold.  He needs to be on full time because I could never get sick on Dr. Rolf appearing in scenes and easily pwning every character he meets :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I'm sorry to be dense here but I'm really going to need you guys to explain to me why it's so offensive to consider having a black woman kneel on the ground and beg another woman of colour to do her a favour? Isn't it just equally as demeaning no matter who is being told to get on their knees and beg...?

I know we don't live in post-racial times, but the only way I can imagine the situation seeming racist is if it was Gabi having to beg Julie for something after all of the years of her taunting and snide remarks focusing on Gabi's ethnicity. Gabi has never had any beef with Lani being black, or vice versa.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm sorry to be dense here but I'm really going to need you guys to explain to me why it's so offensive to consider having a black woman kneel on the ground and beg another woman of colour to do her a favour? Isn't it just equally as demeaning no matter who is being told to get on their knees and beg...?

I know we don't live in post-racial times, but the only way I can imagine the situation seeming racist is if it was Gabi having to beg Julie for something after all of the years of her taunting and snide remarks focusing on Gabi's ethnicity. Gabi has never had any beef with Lani being black, or vice versa.

I tend to agree with you that there was nothing in the scene that seemed racist with regard to the characters themselves.  Gabi wasn't ordering a black woman to beg on her knees, she was ordering a woman who she despises for a myriad of reasons (nearly all initiated by Lani herself) but most significantly for shooting her husband to beg on her knees. 

And, yes, the fact that Gabi is also a woman of color and has never expressed anything like a racist or bigoted thought also cuts against the interpretation. It definitely would have been waaaay worse if it had been a white person and/or a person who has exhibited racist tendencies (though in that case, the racial issue might be the point and thus addressed).  However, the fact remains that, for many of us, having a black woman begging on her knees to another person, any person, is uncomfortable to watch on a deeper level than just the humiliation factor alone.

Fortunately for me, Sal is not a particularly compelling performer.  So I can't say was terribly put-off beyond passing discomfort with the idea.  Really, she looked more bored than humiliated.  But maybe I was projecting. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Kate should feel privileged.  Vic was on his feet to visit her.

I absolutely loved Xander racing out of the mansion.

"The chance of a lifetime.  CEO of Titan." There's a new CEO of Titan every month, Vic, that's not a lifetime.

I wonder whom else Victor would offer the CEO job to if Kate declines it.  Sonny? Philip? Arianna?

Nicole is always such a sneak.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Today's episode was fun. I skipped the Sarah/Eric scenes though, of course, so that helped.

The Kristen/Xander scenes were weird because they were both acting and talking differently than they normally do but they were hilarious and I enjoyed them.

I'm with @kitmerlot1213 on loving the hell outta Dr. Rolf. He is just so fun. I actually enjoyed Nicole today because of him.

I kinda love Brady and he was adorable today. I don't hate this Brady/Kristen thing tbh.

• Love 4

I actually liked her with Aiden but they trashed it for Rafe/Hope.

I thought Aiden was trashed for the Bo/Hope reunion #10000 - PR returned for a month and then Bo died.

As others have pointed out, the Gina schtick wore thin during the Halloween/near death scenes. Why make it an A plot? KA's accent and Gina posturing suck hard...can't they see that?

As far as I'm concerned KA can barely manage to play Hope much less Gina. Going back to the Gina well is just lazy and again KA cannot play the role at all.

"The chance of a lifetime.  CEO of Titan." There's a new CEO of Titan every month, Vic, that's not a lifetime.

LOL Right? But isn't that a daily change at this point rather than monthly?!?

• Love 1

John & Marlena say to lunkhead Brady "you are such a good man"...Huh?!  I don't think I would use the word 'good" for him, more like dumb.  I like Nicole reverting to her old sneaky self, I don't care for the 'new" sappy Nicole.  Dr. Rolf's facial expressions were making me laugh.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, bannana said:

Sal is just a bad actress.  No, let me correct that, she is not even an actress.  She's brings nothing, ever, to the role.

While I think Lani sucks in general I do think if the show recasted the role with say Mishael Morgan I might feel slightly differently about her. This would also make the Gabi vs Lani thing pop to me as well.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

I thought Aiden was trashed for the Bo/Hope reunion #10000 - PR returned for a month and then Bo died.

Well I originally thought that myself at the time until they brought back Aiden for that lame twin story  after Bo died. Then Hope chose Aiden over Rafe then Hope found out Aiden lied about the whole thing and ended up with Rafe. Which is why I said he was trashed for Hope/Rafe as opposed to Bo/Hope. 

It would've been a far better story had Bo returned, crashed Hope/Aiden's wedding, Hope finds out Bo is dying. Aiden steps aside so Bo/Hope could share their last moments together. Bo then is able to go in peace because he knows that Hope/Ciara would be taken care of(we'd be spared the Bo blessed Rafe for Hope which means Hope is stuck with him scene). Hope/Aiden would've found their way back to each other,  Chase/Ciara would've been raised as siblings but he would've fallen for Claire, Rafe would've moved on with Kate or a returned Jordan(if we're going to be stuck with him). 

We would've been spared what did end up happening.

Instead Hope and Ciara were never the same on so many levels since. 

• Love 10

Has Brady ever been a 'good' man? He is with Kristen out of obligation. She is rich enough to afford a nice two or three bedroom condo or home, plus hire a nurse or personal physician to live with her.

Envelopes can be very tempting to open. Did like the Xander/Nicole interaction. Dr. Rolf continues to be his dry self - no laughing, no smiling, no sense of humour…..

Kate, you are very lucky that Victor got up from his chair to visit you. You being a flavor of the Titan month CEO? Victor doesn't trust Brady? Sometimes nepotism isn't the best thing?

Sarah, you can tell Eric that you are preggers. You are both adults and can work out a way for everyone to win. Unless Nicole does something hugely horrible, he probably won't dump her. You do not have to marry your baby daddy (see Brady above). It is the 21st century, you are a doctor, and can support your offspring.

• Love 5

I watched an episode last week and tried to watch today before the local news preempted it.  Just a few questions - is Chloe still on, and if not what happened to her?  How did Tony come back to life?  Did Dr. Rolf have him hidden away somewhere? 

Camila Banus is as glorious as ever.  I loooooved Gabi making whatsherface beg for Stefan's heart.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
spelling correctly is good
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I watched an episode last week and tried to watch today before the local news preempted it.  Just a few questions - is Chloe still on, and if not what happened to her?  How did Tony come back to life?  Did Dr. Rolf have him hidden away somewhere? 

Camila Banus is as glorious as ever.  I loooooved Gabi making whatsherface beg for Stefan's heart.

Chloe got the staring role in a New York Opera. She has been gone a little over a month now. 

Tony was rescued by Dr. Rolf/ Kristen, when he was impaled ten years ago. He has been in a slow and painful recovery ever since. 

I still don't understand the Kristen moving in situation. The mechanics of it still don't make any sense. Outside of the fact that both are rich enough to go in on a temporary place until the baby is born, they are also rich enough to have around the clock care. 

At first when Brady moved her in, I thought he was going to make a case of needing his family to help keep an eye on her and help him keep Kristen calm and that is why he would prefer they both stay in the mansion. But no, that wasn't it. Then we had Victor express that he doesn't want Kristen in his house regardless of if Brady is at Titan or not. So Kristen should be out automatically regardless. The Kiriakis mansion is not a hotel nor is it owned by various members, it is Victor's house. 

Not That I don't like the dynamic I just wished that they addressed some of the obvious logic against it. Next I'm waiting for Jordan to get hired as Kristen's personal nurse. Hell, her and David can move in as well. 

Just thinking about it and The Kiriakis mansion now has 11 cast members living there; Victor, Maggie, Justin, Adrienne, Sonny, Will, Brady, Sarah, Xander, Ari, and now Kristen. 

While the Dimera mansion has Gabi, Ari, and possibly Kate. 

• Love 4

@boes I love you even more for adding Young Frankenstein to the party :) 

Other than that, I thought the last two days were a little flat, although I do like watching Xander's antics. I also like that they've styled SH's hair the way Eileen often wore hers as Kristen -- for some reason, that helps me accept SH a little more easily. And another thing -- I have a hard time seeing Sarah as this noted surgeon capable of removing someone's beating heart when all I see her do is flail, be exasperated, and be so stupid regarding Eric's baby. 

• Love 8

Brady is so doomed. Doooooooomed! It hasn't even been one day and he's already locking eyes with Kristen in the living room. We all remember how little effort it took on Theresa's part to get horny Brady to fall back into bed with her even when he supposedly hated her and thought she was a cheap whore (and all but said it to her face). He'll be proposing marriage to Kristen within 48 hours.

I couldn't understand the extremely sedate response from John and Marlena regarding that whole Kristen situation. I guess I missed the episode last week where they first found out? But at this point, Kristen was holding a gun on Doc like less than two months ago. They've been down this road before with Brady letting her get too close on multiple occasions...him living with her is inviting more near-death experiences.

Why on Earth is he, CEO of Titan, running out to buy her vitamins? If I was Doc, I would have him committed to Bayview in 30 seconds flat. The filthy rich Kiriakis family can afford to send a maid or gopher to buy damn vitamins. And as you've all pointed out, Kristen's got plenty of money and resources.

...honestly, this would be more interesting if she was behind bars for all her recent crimes and pregnant. That's something we haven't seen before, and would raise the stakes without bending logic to the nth degree (beyond her even being pregnant in the first place).

I definitely side-eyed Victor's offer to Kate, even though I love seeing John Aniston upright and mobile. Can we please never do a CEO storyline again? They're all the same and they have no dramatic tension anymore.

Put me on Team Anna. There's no justifiable reason why Tony should work for the family company. He has none of the experience needed. He just survived what, a decade of recovery from death? And Anna is filthy rich and they're pushing 70 and she just wants to enjoy their time together? Go enjoy it!

I thought Rolfe was pretty smoothe getting Nicole's interest piqued about the envelope. Nice as it is to have the actor back, I don't understand the logic of how he is or isn't able to bring people back to life, or the timeframes involved. Stefan, shot but rushed to the ER and still technically alive, was a lost cause...but Kate, who spent hours with a bullet in her gut and was buried alive and had to crawl out and stumble to the hospital before getting any kind of care, she could be saved? And why was it so easy for Vivian to come back to life like a year after getting shot and manage to return with her full memory intact? Tony as well came back without amnesia, while EJ couldn't seem to speak and Jack was a total amnesiac. Hun?!

I kind of feel like Eric is purposefully leading Sarah on. It really bothered me watching him reach out and grab her by the arm. I hate it when guys on the show do that, and they do it a lot. I know it's a soap opera technique to raise the drama with physical intimacy, but it pisses me off. You'll never see women grabbing the men constantly and preventing them from walking away. Fine, Sarah was about to faint, I get that, but I still think he should keep his paws to himself. If he isn't dating Sarah he has no right to touch her until the moment she starts to collapse. I would have thought Eric would be so happy that Nicole is back in his life that he'd be acting a little bit more like Anna is with Tony. All this concern over Sarah is not the point. If you two were just sleeping together like a week ago, you should absolutely be keeping your distance from her and freezing her out. You're both adults. Walk away, draw a line in the sand and prioritize your relationship with Nicole. It shouldn't be that hard.

The more the show wants me to feel badly for Sarah, the more annoyed I get. This isn't the Sarah Show.

And she really needs to start divorce proceedings with Rex.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9