Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

I also like that they've styled SH's hair the way Eileen often wore hers as Kristen -- for some reason, that helps me accept SH a little more easily.

Yes! I noticed that too.

• Love 1

She's been playing the role for long enough that at this point I think the producers have long since decided she's doing a good job as far as they're concerned.

But the hair is a direct reference to the era when Kristen and Brady were planning their wedding back in 2013. So it definitely give me those vibes. It helps, though, that this is the first time we've seen her calm and polite. She's usually so shrill and waving a gun around. The fact that she seems to have taken a chill pill definitely makes her seem more like Eileen's Kristen.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

"The chance of a lifetime.  CEO of Titan." There's a new CEO of Titan every month, Vic, that's not a lifetime.

LOL Right? But isn't that a daily change at this point rather than monthly?!?

It's the exact same revolving door at DiMeara.  ANY company that did this crap would have been out of business a LONG time ago.  I hate that the writers can't come up with any other plot involving business that doesn't hinge on who is going to be CEO.   

This is what I imagine the writer's whiteboard looking like:

Week 45:

1.  Kill someone.

2.  Someone new becomes CEO at Titan.

3.  Someone comes back from the dead.

4.  Random pregnancy, child stealing, child custody crap.

5.  Figure out some random plot to drag on until absolutely no one   cares anymore.

6. Tease the audiences with scraps of one plot they are actually interested in.

Week 46:

1.  Kill someone.

2.  Someone new becomes CEO at DiMeara.

3.  Someone comes back from the dead.

4.  Random pregnancy, child stealing, child custody crap.

5.  Figure out some random plot to drag on until absolutely no one cares anymore.

6. Tease the audiences with scraps of one plot they are actually interested in.

Repeat weeks 45 and 46 ad infinitum.

Edited by DaphneCat
I'm turning in to the writers - I can't complete anything.
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Amen!!!!  The business stories on Days have lost all momentum with the revolving door of who is CEO.

My wish list: Brady runs Titan, Sonny in 2nd command. Xander and Ciara as executives. 

Kate runs Dimera, Tony in 2nd command, Gabi runs Gabi chic and Counters Whilhemina. Chad handles overseas. Abe stays as Head of Communications. Throw Kristen a bone and let her head up something if needed. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

@boes I love you even more for adding Young Frankenstein to the party 🙂

Seriously, the best! More Young Frankenstein, please, we'll figure out how it relates to Show. 🤣 Like, here's Stefan once Rolf surely visited him after all...

giphy.gif

😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Seriously, the best! More Young Frankenstein, please, we'll figure out how it relates to Show. 🤣 Like, here's Stefan once Rolf surely visited him after all...

Right?!  During her DID BS storyline, I referred to Abigail as:

abby-something-abby-normal-makeameme-org-abby-something-abby-normal-53093992.png

Edited by RachelKM
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I thought Rolfe was pretty smoothe getting Nicole's interest piqued about the envelope. Nice as it is to have the actor back, I don't understand the logic of how he is or isn't able to bring people back to life, or the timeframes involved. Stefan, shot but rushed to the ER and still technically alive, was a lost cause...but Kate, who spent hours with a bullet in her gut and was buried alive and had to crawl out and stumble to the hospital before getting any kind of care, she could be saved? And why was it so easy for Vivian to come back to life like a year after getting shot and manage to return with her full memory intact? Tony as well came back without amnesia, while EJ couldn't seem to speak and Jack was a total amnesiac. Hun?!

He can actually bring anyone back to life no matter how long they've been dead.  He could bring Tom Horton back to life. Probably even if people who've been cremated.  He doesn't even have to know where the body is.  He can do it long distance. He can also ensure full memory and capabilities. He can probably take 20 years off your age, too. But, he does what he wants to who he wants because he can. I mean, come on, if you had that kind of power, don't act like you would use it completely capriciously.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Chloe got the staring role in a New York Opera. She has been gone a little over a month now. 

Tony was rescued by Dr. Rolf/ Kristen, when he was impaled ten years ago. He has been in a slow and painful recovery ever since.

Thank you @JBC344!  I need to find summaries somewhere, as I have no idea what happened to Holly and Claire or who David's father might be.

• Love 1

I love that Ciara barely finished a year of college, never showed any interest in business management, and was fired from the Brady Pub because she lacked the work ethic to even show up.  But now she's a business whiz impressing Victor with proposals. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Jesus, you'd want to give Ciara that much power? Can you imagine having her for a boss??

Well technically Brady and Victor gave her the power when they hired her. I see your point and agree, but part of me likes that we have a woman in the mix on the Kiriakes side even if it is Ciara. 

1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Thank you @JBC344!  I need to find summaries somewhere, as I have no idea what happened to Holly and Claire or who David's father might be.

Holly is currently with Nicole and Eric. When Kristen faked her death she reunited her with Nicole who she was holding captive. As Nicole's "reward" for "assisting" Kristen with posing as her she agreed to let Nicole raise Holly. In captivity of course.

Claire is currently in Bayview being treated for a mental breakdown. She tried to kill Ciara and Trip. 

Jordan hasn't revealed who David's father is yet. 

• Love 3

Thank you again, @JBC344!  I knew Claire was on her way to a breakdown and had tried to burn Ciara alive, but didn't know she tried to kill Tripp as well.  I came to really enjoy ORK as a disturbed Claire and hope she comes back some day.

Very glad to hear that little Holly wasn't killed off!

Hopefully the reveal of little David's father will be a good one.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Thank you again, @JBC344!  I knew Claire was on her way to a breakdown and had tried to burn Ciara alive, but didn't know she tried to kill Tripp as well.  I came to really enjoy ORK as a disturbed Claire and hope she comes back some day.

Very glad to hear that little Holly wasn't killed off!

Hopefully the reveal of little David's father will be a good one.

I'm trying to think of who David father will be because we know it will be someone who has connections to Salem lol.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I'm trying to think of who David father will be because we know it will be someone who has connections to Salem lol.

I hope it's not a Dimera. 

Maybe it's Joe or young Victor Kiriakis.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Harmony233 said:

I never even thought of the Dimera's I was  thinking along the lines of the lines of the Kiriakis.

I know he's dead now, but based on the number of his progeny, I would have to say that every time Stefano turned around, he must have impregnated someone. That kind of thing might be genetic.  John inherited it.  I refuse to accept the last retcon.  It's just too much.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

We all know John Black is always the daddy. 

I was glad Rafe stuck up for Jordan.  Even if she’s crazy it’s nice to have someone one her side.  

Eric does not to leave Sarah alone.  It’s obvious she’s still in love with him.  She can’t just turn that off.  Sure she did turn it off with her husband but this is Eric.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Amen!!!!  The business stories on Days have lost all momentum with the revolving door of who is CEO.

My wish list: Brady runs Titan, Sonny in 2nd command. Xander and Ciara as executives. 

Kate runs Dimera, Tony in 2nd command, Gabi runs Gabi chic and Counters Whilhemina. Chad handles overseas. Abe stays as Head of Communications. Throw Kristen a bone and let her head up something if needed. 

That and they don't have business sets either.. I mean all these movers and shakers in their living rooms.. my motto if you can't build a set for it forget the storyline.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

[Claire] tried to kill Ciara and Trip. 

Tried being the operative word. Because no one can fucking succeed in ridding my TV of Ciara, dammit!

Speaking of, the fuck is her outfit? I'm offended lol.

CB was fantastic yet again today. She's just slaying this story. Too bad it's a stupid story. Not to mention the fact that she has to do all of it in that hideous jumpsuit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, SnK said:

This Gabi stuff is pathetically bad

And you know in a few months Stefan will probably return and its like this never happened. 

4 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I love that Ciara barely finished a year of college, never showed any interest in business management, and was fired from the Brady Pub because she lacked the work ethic to even show up.  But now she's a business whiz impressing Victor with proposals. 

Its lame but I don't buy Gabi being in charge of a multimillion corporation either and yet I'm supposed to buy that. Or Sonny and Brady having a eye for business.

I don't think this is worse. I'm glad Ciara is doing something beyond Ben for a change but I wish they chose a different profession for her. I liked the idea of her wanting to be a shrink a few years ago(when VJ was playing her) she worked at Bayview etc. It would've been a good storyline to have Marlena be her mentor and fits in line with the Horton tradition of being healers.

I don't see the need for all these business stories when they don't even have the business sets to go with them.

• Love 3

I wouldn't eat a random pizza without expecting some sort of bill for it. Yeah, maybe someone ordered it and sent it to the wrong address. They could have taken it to the homeless shelter or the Horton Centre.

Not sure I believe the drunk dude almost hitting Ciara story. Maybe he got a few bucks to do so. Am surprised that the ginormous baby buggy can fit in to doors. And no sign of the dolly in the buggy. Ben, Jordan sure knows how to push your buttons. She is guilty of doing some stuff.

Nicole and Xander work well when they are a bit shady. However, all of this will blow up in everyone's face at some point. Eric will find out he is the daddy and he will probably blame Nicole and go to Sarah for a bit until everyone cools off and figures out the Eric and Sarah won't really work as a couple but can still co-parent. Sarah, you also probably make a lot more money than Eric and can give your kid a nice life at the mansion.

Hope this day is over and Gabi can change in to something else. The actress is doing a better job but she could easily have put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

Ciara, your skirt is too short for a business office. Another 2 or 3 inches of fabric, please. And no belly showing either.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Its lame but I don't buy Gabi being in charge of a multimillion corporation either and yet I'm supposed to buy that. Or Sonny and Brady having a eye for business.

Sonny and Brady are both laughable.  For that matter so was Chad. But at least Brady worked at Titan and Basic Black and Sonny ran a couple of businesses before heading up Titan and Chad worked under Kate.  

Ciara was hired last month. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

You forgot kidnappings. 🤔 @DaphneCat Which are probably the most prevalent besides “back from the dead.” 

You are right.  I also forgot random vendettas/hatred for absolutely stupid reasons and random obsessions over people. 

And after teasing us with a good story that never really goes anywhere the writers resolve it in the most unsatisfying way possible (see J and J getting back together.)  Think how great it would have been for all the viewers who actually remember history if they would have had months of Jack not wanting to like Jennifer/ resisting her at every turn/ yet somehow, being drawn in almost against his will.  It would have been an updated paralleling of their original history.  Think how satisfying it would have been for Jack to get his memory back only after he admitted he had developed feelings for Jennifer despite not wanting to.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

Sonny and Brady are both laughable.  For that matter so was Chad. But at least Brady worked at Titan and Basic Black and Sonny ran a couple of businesses before heading up Titan and Chad worked under Kate.  

Ciara was hired last month. 

I forgot about Sonny owning a couple of businesses they should've had him keep TBD or Java Cafe that was better suited for him than Titan or Basic Black.

I do agree its absurd that Ciara was fast tracked this quickly but these business stories are so terrible it really isn't that glaring to me at this point.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I forgot about Sonny owning a couple of businesses they should've had him keep TBD or Java Cafe that was better suited for him than Titan or Basic Black.

I do agree its absurd that Ciara was fast tracked this quickly but these business stories are so terrible it really isn't that glaring to me at this point.

Sonny was much better suited as a small business owner than corporate shark. He needs to go back to that. 

If they don't plan on bringing Chloe back have her sell her half of Doug's Place to Sonny. Not that I wish Julie on Sonny, but with Julie in recovery mode and Chloe gone somebody will need to run it. 

Or at least hire Sonny to oversee for the time being.  

• Love 6

Ben's grief about Stefan is just so touching, isn't it?  It shows what a highly evolved, empathetic person he's become since those......shall we call them, wardrobe malfunctions with neckties?  Oh, yes, he's practically a saint and martyr these days - oh, except for having Victor put a hit out on his sister.  I think it's just wunnerful, just wunnerful, that we get to see more of what a super duper heart he's got.  Too bad they're not transplanting HIS heart into Julie.

If the best Victor can come up with is that nitwit Ciara with a pickle for a brain to work at Titan, it's time he saw what he can get for it on E Bay.

I like Gabi, but her talk with God gave me the giggles.  Enough with the blubbering, dearie, wipe your nose and calm down.

That was too harsh of me about Gabi.  It's just that it feels like forever watching it onscreen but I guess it hasn't even been a full day yet.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I get Brady is so stupid that an iceberg wedge could be a contender for CEO or replacement of his duties but Ciara had the work ethic of a gnat and was fired from part time waitressing at an unbusy Pub (Roman said in the few months she worked there she showed up for her shifts a handful of times and usually didn’t even call) and is uneducated. 

Also I hate to be rude or tacky but has Ciara gained weight? Her face and body looks fuller. 

Eric was definitely being an insensitive asshole and it twisted the knife. Just help her to a chair and get her some food or juice then keep it movin. No need to bring up the good times, how you wish it would’ve been different, how much you guys cared, ect. 

What drunk driver is arrested days after the incident and charged for it? Um the breathalyzer doesn’t work hours after let alone days. You mean to tell me he went to a cop shop and demanded to be charged with drunk driving when they can’t use a breathalyzer or field sobriety test evidence in court at that point? And they concurred that would be fine take to trial and not only that he admitted he almost hit a woman? Again no evidence and beyond preposterous a non schizophrenic would do that but okay Show. 

I see Ben is still an entitled asshole.

I wouldn’t eat a random pizza some stranger man shoved in my face then ran away. Then again I’m not a fan of eating things that could be laced with pubes or Roofies. I probably would have shoved it back and told him fuck you or my room mate Rafe keeps guns in the house. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

What drunk driver is arrested days after the incident and charged for it? Um the breathalyzer doesn’t work hours after let alone days.

Rafe said the tire marks were matched to a car that had been impounded at a sobriety checkpoint.  So the drunk driving arrest happened while the driver was drunk and behind the wheel. Granted, how the tire tracks were matched is a mystery (why would they have reason to check the impounded car?), but the fact that the driver was drunk was established the night of.

• Love 2

I guess if a Horton Princess is threatened with harm vehicularly then all tires in town  must be checked and treads matched.

I still find it high key weird he admitted to almost running a random chick over.

And if he admitted he was drunk peeling out from Brady Pub and did fail at that checkpoint wouldn’t that mean Roman would be in deep caca since that would mean he was over served? I’m only saying this as a person with a Basset license. I know Show won’t even bother to touch on this real life fact.  

• Love 4
On 10/15/2019 at 8:43 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I think if Sal was a good, or even just decent, actress then that scene would have read that way to me but as everyone has already said, Sal is just so flat and boring and brought absolutely nothing to the scene so it just didn't have the oomph it needed to really be what it was supposed to be for me.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:34 PM, RachelKM said:

I tend to agree with you that there was nothing in the scene that seemed racist with regard to the characters themselves.  Gabi wasn't ordering a black woman to beg on her knees, she was ordering a woman who she despises for a myriad of reasons (nearly all initiated by Lani herself) but most significantly for shooting her husband to beg on her knees. 

And, yes, the fact that Gabi is also a woman of color and has never expressed anything like a racist or bigoted thought also cuts against the interpretation. It definitely would have been waaaay worse if it had been a white person and/or a person who has exhibited racist tendencies (though in that case, the racial issue might be the point and thus addressed).  However, the fact remains that, for many of us, having a black woman begging on her knees to another person, any person, is uncomfortable to watch on a deeper level than just the humiliation factor alone.

Fortunately for me, Sal is not a particularly compelling performer.  So I can't say was terribly put-off beyond passing discomfort with the idea.  Really, she looked more bored than humiliated.  But maybe I was projecting. 

So what if the Lani actress is not up to your standards of acting (I only see that complaint on this board so what does that say?).  It doesn't matter.  It is still not okay to see a black woman on her knees, begging for the heart of a white man to put into the old, racist white lady.  Horrible optics; tone deaf writing.  Ron obviously doesn't have any black writers or know any black people who would've told his ass "No" when he came up with that.  Hell, I wouldn't have played that.  I would've been like, "Nope.  Come up with something else."

11 hours ago, SnK said:

This Gabi stuff is pathetically bad

All of this for some great love that happened too damn fast.  I still don't understand.  They had a sex a couple of times and all of a sudden, they're in love?  Now, I'll admit my finger is on the fast forward button all the time, so I must've went right by when they realized they were in love.  Must've happened during one of their romps.  Either way, all of it just feels so unearned.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

So what if the Lani actress is not up to your standards of acting (I only see that complaint on this board so what does that say?).  It doesn't matter.  It is still not okay to see a black woman on her knees, begging for the heart of a white man to put into the old, racist white lady.  Horrible optics; tone deaf writing.  Ron obviously doesn't have any black writers or know any black people who would've told his ass "No" when he came up with that.  Hell, I wouldn't have played that.  I would've been like, "Nope.  Come up with something else."

This is probably why there should be no diversity on TV.  If all the people in this story were white, the scene could have played out exactly the same and nobody would be calling racism, while nothing actually changed.  And, yes, I'm being tongue-in-cheek, in that I don't think that TV and movies should be monochromatic.  But, if people are going to complain when POC are killed, or commit crimes, or are put into uncomfortable situations, it does almost seem like that would be the easiest way of dealing with it.  Because there was nothing meant to be racist about that at all.  It was two characters who hate each other hating on each other.

1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

All of this for some great love that happened too damn fast.  I still don't understand.  They had a sex a couple of times and all of a sudden, they're in love?  Now, I'll admit my finger is on the fast forward button all the time, so I must've went right by when they realized they were in love.  Must've happened during one of their romps.  Either way, all of it just feels so unearned.

That I completely agree with. Gabi and Stefan are disgusting and it was all about sex and greed until it wasn't.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Also I hate to be rude or tacky but has Ciara gained weight? Her face and body looks fuller. 

I've been thinking this too but refrained myself from mentioning it. Until now at least lol. For a bit, I actually wondered if she was pregnant.

I think it might be the absolutely hideous and unflattering clothes they put on her though.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I still don't understand.  They had a sex a couple of times and all of a sudden, they're in love?  Now, I'll admit my finger is on the fast forward button all the time, so I must've went right by when they realized they were in love.  Must've happened during one of their romps.  Either way, all of it just feels so unearned.

It is. I bet if he'd had the chance, Ron would have paired up Marlena and Stefano, in spite of their lengthy history. Let's just be grateful it never came to pass.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Ahhh okay - so the issue is that a person of color is demeaning themselves to help a white person who has said racist things. I can understand why that makes you uncomfortable and yes it's not ideal. But I think the emphasis was on the fact that Lani sees the good in Julie and believes her to be a decent person worth having a discussion with about racism. She's also her fiance's grandmother, so obviously she'll do anything she can to try and help the woman. I think it's more about Lani being a good girlfriend or good potential wife more than anything else.

For Ron's weak attempts to try to address inequalities between people of different ethnicities, I think he missed a really big opportunity with Lani and Julie: rather than Julie getting shot, they could have had Lani pick up on and grow increasingly uncomfortable with Julie's remarks about Gabi and then have her make Julie into her project. After all, what does Lani think about the fact that Eli's grandmother and her racism from decades ago basically kept Eli from getting to know his own father? That's an interesting subject to explore, especially once it's clear that Julie isn't some monster but rather a woman who doesn't always see things clearly. I would think Lani, as the incumbent family member, could take a look around at the dynamics and maybe want to change them and heal those old wounds.

If done sensitively, it would have made Lani "look good" which I know is pretty much all Ron is trying to do with the character anyways.

Then we would be spared hearing about how amazing she is for having sacrificed her dignity by begging for 2 seconds. Her gradually bringing Julie around to realize the gravity of her mistakes and the root of her racist fears would have fleshed Lani out into a much more interesting person....but soaps aren't written like that anymore.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

It is still not okay to see a black woman on her knees, begging for the heart of a white man to put into the old, racist white lady.  Horrible optics; tone deaf writing.  Ron obviously doesn't have any black writers or know any black people who would've told his ass "No" when he came up with that.  Hell, I wouldn't have played that.  I would've been like, "Nope.  Come up with something else."

Remember the previews for the story where JJ shot Theo, and everyone thought it would be a Black Lives Matter-centric story? Then it ended with the African American victim and his family apologizing to the white cop who shot him? That's my lasting impression of Ron's attempt at writing for characters of color. And yes, I know that JJ did not shoot Theo with any kind of malice. That story was just bungled in so many ways, imo.

4 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

This will always be my position on the pairing - there was no there there. I just feel nothing in these scenes. That's not to say Camila isn't doing a great job, because she is, I just can't bring myself to care about a 5-minute "great love" who happens to be a rapist that sent his "soulmate" to prison & maybe rendered her unable to have kids. I dunno, for some reason that just wasn't working for me. 🙃

• Love 7

I liked the Kate/Gabi's scenes and I want Kate to be a mentor/mother like figure because Gabi needs more of a support system and the actresses worked well together.

And I'm kind of enjoying watching Hope's quick personality changes--her "Why would I?" bewilderment when Abe mentioned that he knows Hope wants to see Julie followed by her confused "Of course I do" have been very well done.  I just wish I knew what Dr. Rolf's plans were.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Either way, all of it just feels so unearned.

I get the complaint to an extent but that feels like every current story in the show.  Anything I feel is approaching being 'earned' is built on the hard work of something that was done long ago.

So was Gabi and Stefan told with the proper build up?  Nope.  One of my main complaints about couples that I've posted about before. is that the show skips the build portion. But did I like watching them flirt and have sex for the short period they did?  Yep. Do I think CB is doing a good job?  Yep.  

• Love 3

Kate was shot in the belly, fell into a grave, was covered up, dug herself out, walked to the hospital, almost died so that they were on the verge of taking her heart, and here she is walking around the hospital.

Kate is going home?  Uh, just what home is that?

"I have Stefan DiMera's heart?" Story of how he got shot.  "He was shot?" "Yes, badly." Well, no shit, you have his heart.

Since when does amnesia change a person's basic personality? Is Jack going to apologize to Hailey?

Rolf is running around loose and Hope is acting strange and nobody is putting the two together?

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Since when does amnesia change a person's basic personality? Is Jack going to apologize to Hailey?

This.  They have been hand waving Jack's basic assholeness this entire story line.  First it was EVUL EVE who was somehow making Jack do those things, now it's "he was a different person."  Wouldn't you still be the same person you are even if you can't remember?  Are they trying to say that Jack has no basic decency?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I think if Failure was on canvas it would have been her appealing to Gabi for Stefan’s heart and asked to kneel and beg. And she’s a Caucasian JarJar.  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295844235c5a64aa29c9

^”shut up Abby” 

Except the show would never have her do that or any of the white Hortons. This is where the bad optics come in. If Lani begged and Jennifer, Hope etc were with her it wouldn't look nearly as bad but that's not the case here...

I'm a person of color and while I think the optics were terrible this whole storyline is contrived and given how death is so inconsequential on this show does anyone not think Stefan isn't returning as if none of this ever happened?!

• Love 3