Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

See, I think I remember the real princess Gina dying. Didn't that happen on a balcony somewhere and Sean Douglas was clinging on for dear life or something? Was that the Last Blast party?

It was Bo and Gina's (Hope) reception at the Penthouse Grill. Gina was trying to kill Shawn D because he was the only person who knew she wasn't Hope. They struggled on the balcony, Gina went over and was killed. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, boes said:

Princess Gina was back again, after 1998,  for that brief storyline (though it was so stupid it FELT like it went on forever) in 2012 when John and Hope went to Alamania to retrieve a marriage certificate from when they had gotten married as Princess Gina and the Pawn.  They wanted to file for divorce and could only do it there - the storyline was even more boring than it sounds.  They - John and Hope - agreed to let Stefano put them under mind control again as Princess Gina and the Pawn so they could retrieve some sort of jeweled egg for Stefano - see how stupid this was??  Anyhoosways, what seemed an interminable time later, John, who Stefano didn't successfully brainwash, brought Hope out of her Princess Gina persona and they went back to Salem where everyone apparently then forgot that John and Hope were still married to each other. 

That brainwashing must have worked on me, since I was watching in 2012 but have absolutely no memory of this story!  It's for the best, really, as it does sound incredibly boring.

So far I'm not minding Princess Gina.  The last few writing regimes have not been kind to Hope and she had become a shell of her former self.  Watching her become so pathetic over Rafe and jealous over Sami was just awful.  That storyline bothered me more than when they made her a murderer. 

• Love 3

The only thing that I liked about the Princess Gina saga when it aired originally was Bo crying his heart out after sleeping with Princess Gina who was masquerading as Hope. He knew something was wrong. No other woman compared to Hope.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

The Halloween show was wacky & funny & bonkers all at the same time.  I loved Jordan & Claire as BFFs & doing the 'finger sizzle" 🙂 Marlena wearing the Hockey Mask & scaring the heck out of Will & Ciara!  And the whole scene with Rafe & Jordan was a Hoot.  And Claire killing her "Pop-Pop", lol.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

So I watch a lot of true crime shows on ID and am used to some too true crime recreations.  Still, some of the murders on today's show were a little too gruesome even for me (Haley and Will in particular).

However, it was great to see ORK again and Claire and Jordan's reign of terror was otherwise fun.  Psycho Marlena in her black zippered sweatshirt and Jean Jacket Ben were creepy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

So I watch a lot of true crime shows on ID and am used to some too true crime recreations.  Still, some of the murders on today's show were a little too gruesome even for me (Haley and Will in particular).

I have to agree. It was silly fun that I mostly enjoyed, but it was especially tough to watch Marlena strangle and then kick my poor Will! 😢 Please don't do that to me again, Show, lol.

• Love 6

Marlena disparaging a movie about a woman possessed by the devil.  That was funny.

Yeah, let the guy who was knocked unconscious go home.

That was a lot of blood.

She said some hateful things about my lemon bars.

"Why are you so strong, Grandma?"

Why would Ciara go running to John instead of to the police first?

"You weren't eligible, being in the bin and all."

Rafe just falls over.

"Where the hell is everybody?" Hey, it's Salem PD, they're probably all out doing non-cop things.

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

The real princess Gina is dead. Actually Shawn D killed her while she was in Salem impersonating Hope.  Back then the real princess Gina kidnapped Hope and Stefano as revenge. She actually resigned that she would live the rest of her life as Hope. 

She actually got over John, was fine with having him as a friend, she had Greta in town, and because Greta and Hope had a mother/daughter relationship Gina was able to keep Greta close. She also fell in love with and married Bo. Shawn D killed her on her wedding night. 

As crazy as the " Gina saga" got I did love that portion of it and found KA to be her best when playing the real Princess Gina.

The only thing that would excite me about this retread is if Greta came back. 

See if they brought Greta back she would be a decent interloper for Eric/Nicole because of past history. 

As for the Halloween episode I don't mind them as standalones the sad  part is they really aren't less cartoonish than the actual show these days..

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

2 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

it was especially tough to watch Marlena strangle and then kick my poor Will! 😢 Please don't do that to me again, Show, lol.

...yeah...see, I actually couldn't watch it. I had to look away. And here's why. Warning: long speech ahead. Yeah. I'm upset.

Ron C is a gay man, right? Then he, better than anyone else involved in the production behind the scenes, should know fully well that Will was back-burnered, made unlikable and graphically killed off to appease the homophobic portions of the audience and network executives. That's why Ron went out of his way when he first got this job to bring Will back and correct that past mistake. To try and make light of Will being choked out on screen again by repeating the exact same scene only this time having someone who loves him dearly be the one killing him off, during yet another period where the show seems to be back-burnering the character and downplaying his sexual identity, is really disgusting and plain wrong.

And for all of this to happen in an era where the character who murdered him, who is straight and constantly has his sexuality and his body displayed as an achievement, is not only being pushed into the foreground of this show, but also given a closer relationship with Will's grandmother than Will currently has...well, it shows an ignorance that I find really stupefying.

I get that this was a Halloween episode. I get that all the murders were "in fun". But I didn't have much fun with this episode. We just spent weeks watching Julie nearly die even though she's one of the senior cast members and probably doesn't have many years left on this show or on this Earth, and now we had to watch Maggie get murdered as well. Thankfully they cut away before Victor was killed because poor John Aniston already looks in such bad health I don't think we could bear to see him get hurt on camera. Ron doesn't seem to give a crap about what we can bear watching. Or what is respectful to ask of cast members who have been loyal to the program for decades and have earned the right not to act out their own executions.

I'll admit there were a few fun moments. I think Claire was the runaway star of the episode, especially in her fight with Maggie. It's such a shame Olivia isn't on the show anymore because she's found a way to mine her lines for humour and get a good rhythm going. She entertained me. The idea of making Marlena the Salem Stalker again complete with the hockey mask wasn't a bad one, but it was undercooked. We spent far too much time with Jordan who has already been the focus of the recent plotlines.

Overall, though, this was really morbid and graphic and not fun. I'm not saying every Halloween special that Ron creates has to have the same tone, but I remember enjoying the murders in the previous two Halloween episodes much more. It almost felt like Ron had listened to fans and would give them one episode a year where things would happen that would play into the discussions fans were still having AKA Serena and the stupid elephant and Paige getting back at JJ for being a hound dog. That kind of stuff is fun. The deaths were not especially brutal and it all felt a little bit like wish fulfilment.

I saw way more blood in this episode coming out of Haley's neck than I normally do when someone gets killed in a regular episode.

And it's no secret the show went out of its way to turn Jordan and Claire into psychos to prop up Ciara and Ben...and yet Ron writes an episode where they get to be even bigger psychos and at the end tease the possibility that Ben might still be dangerous. Ron really wants to have his cake and eat it too, doesn't he? I wouldn't put it past him to throw Ben under the bus after all of this propping and character assassination to suit a specific agenda. I don't think Ron will hesitate to make him a serial killer again. I do believe that Ben should probably be a serial killer again and get written off the show, because I haven't bought into him as a leading man or reformed bad guy. I just think it sucks that we're wasting all of this time trying to make something work that won't...and that in spite of the passion going into forcing his reformation into Stud Ben, it is very plausible that Ron wouldn't hesitate to make things go the other way and reduce him to a killer without hesitation.

Whatever. I'll stop ranting. I just found this episode really gross and it makes me not want to watch Ron's stupid show. Marlena strangling Will? How tone-deaf are you? Who would want to see that? Who had fun watching that? It wasn't played for laughs. That was horrible. And Chandler Massey's face going a little bit red as he tries to make it all seem real - I didn't want to see that. Ugh.

Isn't this the show that graphically killed off most of its veterans and in the process alienated so much of their audience that they had to pull a huge about face and pull a rabbit out of their ass and reveal that none of the characters had actually died just to keep from going off the air?

You've learned nothing, Days.

I was looking forward to this as being fun and campy but Ron has just proven to me how little taste he has. I guess I'm the fool for even thinking a harmless fun Halloween episode could be accomplished.

• Love 9

What I learned in this Halloween episode?  Do NOT mess with Maggie and her lemon squares!  Claire's "I hate your lemon squares, they make my glands hurt!"  was fabulous and I freeze framed the white board in Claire's hospital room:  "Breakfast of meds" was the first line--too damn funny.  I did appreciate that Claire finally got rid of Haley--well done :):)

And I loved Marlena's bringing her own pile of dead bodies for Claire and Jordan to bury--it's good that they were neat serial killers--and Claire's "I feel so validated" was damn funny as well.  The Charlie's Angels of Death did an excellent job 🙂

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ron C is a gay man, right? Then he, better than anyone else involved in the production behind the scenes, should know fully well that Will was back-burnered, made unlikable and graphically killed off to appease the homophobic portions of the audience and network executives. That's why Ron went out of his way when he first got this job to bring Will back and correct that past mistake.

I did not know that.  I remember at the time not liking Will because they had turned him against his mother in order to prop up the awful, horrible Abigail.  They also made him into a cheater which was so grossly out of character.   And GW's acting was pretty bad, too (but really no worse than Freddie Smith's was and is).  Still, I was horrified when I read the spoilers about him being killed off and then at how they did it.  It remains one of the most disturbing murder scenes I've seen on television. 

Anyway, had I known these decisions were made because of homophobes behind the scenes and not to prop up the producer's pet Kate Mansi (my assumption at the time) then I would have been much more forgiving of GW's acting and the direction they took with the character.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I did not know that.  I remember at the time not liking Will because they had turned him against his mother in order to prop up the awful, horrible Abigail.  They also made him into a cheater which was so grossly out of character.   And GW's acting was pretty bad, too (but really no worse than Freddie Smith's was and is).  Still, I was horrified when I read the spoilers about him being killed off and then at how they did it.  It remains one of the most disturbing murder scenes I've seen on television. 

Anyway, had I known these decisions were made because of homophobes behind the scenes and not to prop up the producer's pet Kate Mansi (my assumption at the time) then I would have been much more forgiving of GW's acting and the direction they took with the character.

Guy Wilson said that he and Freddie got hate mail, it opened his eyes to the homophobia in our country.  What really push the Homophobes over the edge was the sex scenes between Paul and Will. Notice how there were no more gay sex scenes after that.  Will was killed off, Sonny was written out, Gabi was brought back to regain custody of Arianna and Paul was MIA and used sporadically. Dena wanted to write him out but was forced to keep him..

Ben's bad dream due to bad cupcake indigestion?

It was nice to see Claire again and she and Jordan sure had a reign of terror. Where does one find the sexy nurse costumes in Salem or, er, Bayview?

So, bump off everyone they didn't like or who wronged them?

Marlena's serial killer story has been long-forgotten by me. She did well with adding her own bodies. Some of the scenes were a bit too graphic and too much blood - Haley, JJ. Will be strangled - again. Claire killing Pop-Pop and his wife - over her lemon bars? No one at the police station. Jordan giving Rafe the kiss of death.

And Ben waking up from his nightmare wondering if he did something to Jordan? Are we going to get the return of Ben as serial killer tease?

• Love 3

I know this episode was just tongue-in-cheek, but I wasn't entertained.  I was shocked when Haley and JJ were killed.   I turned it off when Marlena was strangling Will with a necktie.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Ben is a whole ass weirdo. In his dream he had his sister and young Claire in sexy nurse lingerie and and imagined an entire interlude of JJ and Haley rounding the bases to sex. Perv alert on Aisle You. 

Also would or does he know so much about the Salem Stalker era and who Tony and Andre are? 

I did like the goofiness and seeing OK/Claire and she and Jordan had wonderful chemistry. Their quips and the finger sizzle move was brilliant. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Does anyone else who watches WNBC out of NYC have problems with their recordings? Almost every day, it freezes and skips ahead a few seconds so that I lose part of a scene or two or 3. What the heck?!

It happens periodically on the west coast too. Try re-booting your DVR. That seems to clear up most issues.

• Love 5

Yeah, that was one weird episode. Normally you get the feeling that the actors are enjoying the camp, but this time only Claire and Jordan seemed all in. Did it ring any Buffy bells for anyone else? I think the Jordan/Claire duo reminded me of Darla and Drusilla. Just me? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I could see that. OT the actress who plays Dru, Juliet Landau is super nice IR one year she sent me birthday wishes on my Twitter. The actor who played Andrew in the Trio, Tom Lenk is also super nice we’ve joked around on social media and he’s friends w someone I’m friends w who lives in LA. I think this episode would have worked better if maybe it was Ben’s bad dream, then Marlena had a nightmare, and then JJ because it didn’t make sense Ben would know all that shit or imagining his sister in lingerie and dreaming about JJ having sex. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291d2c34dc84b2dbd2c0 

• Love 5

Fast forwarded the Halloween episodes. I just don't enjoy them anymore. Today though, Lani is still dressed for  yesterday with that thing on her head. Wow, does that look like a 5 year old slapped it together. 

• Love 2

That was weird camera work, with Abe talking to Lani off camera and Marilyn McCoo standing in the foreground,

I don't think Maggie's voice could go up any higher octave.

Yep. Stefano is alive.

I've never heard Ave Maria sung in English.

• Love 2

Why is Princess Gina pretending to be Hope?  I've been watching most of the show on fast-forward for over a week but I've been watching Dr Rolf's scenes, and I thought Gina was done with "being" Hope.  

I wonder if what Dr Rolf is doing to Hope/Gina is the precursor to whatever is going on with all of these references to Stefano being alive.  I'm assuming Dr Rolf has something more than Princess Gina up his sleeve.  

Gabi threatening to kill Julie isn't working for me at all, and I usually enjoy EvilGabi.  

Fun to see Marilyn McCoo.  I didn't watch DAYS back then but I loved watching Solid Gold back when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.  

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Sidney said:

This Gabi v.Lani is just plain stupid. How many months are we going to have to watch this?

Nobody is noticing how strange Hope is acting? My goodness. That horrible accent.

It really is. Despite Julie's health, there really are no "stakes" binding Lani's hands. 

There is no reason why she wouldn't tell Eli/Hope/Rafe/John, etc. The solution to this problem is literally taking the phone from Gabi. There is also no reason why Lani wouldn't tell Eli even if it was to "play along" with Gabi's threats to buy them more time on stopping her. The actual mechanics of this storyline make no sense. 

• Love 7

The build up to the Eli/Lani wedding drove home what blank slates these characters are and why this wedding is such a letdown.

Putting aside their K-Mart Budget.. Eli and Lani have had very little buildup etc to their story. Gabi hasn't been in their orbit in two years but now suddenly is involved.  At least Abby/Chad/Gabi makes more sense based on past history and she was in their orbit on a constant basis.

Soap Weddings used to be about families and friendships with a payoff and we didn't even see Lani's mom till this point? Valerie couldn't attend her own son's wedding because of an emergency(as a doctor at least that made sense but still..), no Sheila? 

I mean take John/Marlena's buildup to their 343th wedding. You had family members, a bachelorette and bachelor party, and references to their history as to how they got to this point.

You aren't getting any of that with these two because what relationship did they have? I mean we find out Eli had a mentor in the FBI but did we hear about this? Wouldn't it be nice if they delved into that relationship? Lani doesn't have any real friends and she's been on the show for years hell even Eli has Rafe. Now I'm supposed to care Gabi is breaking these two up? I mean on paper this story should be better than it is and yet as usual its not.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Why is Princess Gina pretending to be Hope?  I've been watching most of the show on fast-forward for over a week but I've been watching Dr Rolf's scenes, and I thought Gina was done with "being" Hope.  

I wonder if what Dr Rolf is doing to Hope/Gina is the precursor to whatever is going on with all of these references to Stefano being alive.  I'm assuming Dr Rolf has something more than Princess Gina up his sleeve.  

Gabi threatening to kill Julie isn't working for me at all, and I usually enjoy EvilGabi.  

Fun to see Marilyn McCoo.  I didn't watch DAYS back then but I loved watching Solid Gold back when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.  

That's the name of that of show! I wreaked my brain trying to remember the name. I loved that show.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Sidney said:

That's the name of that of show! I wreaked my brain trying to remember the name. I loved that show.

Solid Gold!  Filling up my life with music.  Solid gold, something something rhythm in my soul.  something something spinning gold. OK, I'm not going to win any money on a remember lyrics to old show theme songs game show.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

This Gabi v.Lani is just plain stupid. How many months are we going to have to watch this?

Nobody is noticing how strange Hope is acting? My goodness. That horrible accent.

Not to mention, the horrible acting, Kristian is just awful.. She was never a great actress but she had charisma, presence, beauty and chemistry with Peter as Bo..

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Not to mention, the horrible acting, Kristian is just awful.. She was never a great actress but she had charisma, presence, beauty and chemistry with Peter as Bo..

I liked KA on Melrose Place when she played Sydney's pimp but I never really saw her much on PT except when she was in that episode of Full House where she played a coworker of Danny's her and John Stamos were a whole lot of pretty...

6 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I liked KA on Melrose Place when she played Sydney's pimp but I never really saw her much on PT except when she was in that episode of Full House where she played a coworker of Danny's her and John Stamos were a whole lot of pretty...

I remember she was also on Model's inc playing the same evil character. She was very scary in that role.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, K-9 said:

Great Friday cliffhanger!  Can't wait for next week's episodes (I'm spoiler-free). 

I think they should have had it a few moments later with the officiant (Marlena, I guess?) saying "Do you Lani, take Eli, to be your lawfully wedded husband...." and then us all wondering whether she goes through with the dumping or not.

I actually liked the wedding buildup in this episode.  It wasn't really about Lani and Eli but I did like Jennifer, Maggie and Sarah mixing it up. I was also amused by Jack and Xander with Gina. Go ahead and shoot me, I'm not hating the Gina stuff yet. Her "seriously" when Marlena said that John couldn't make the wedding because he was away on business made me laugh.

The Gabi threatens Julie's heart is stupid but I enjoyed Camila anyway, especially when she "made" Julie's heart race and did a "who me" look when Lani looked at her.

And maybe a small thing only I like, I adored when Jack complimented Jennifer's word choice.  That's old school and it made me happy.

• Love 10

Been a long time since I've seen Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. He's Eli's mentor at the FBI? Seriously? Lani and Eli have actual friends who attended? Sheila would attend - it is possible that Valerie would have an emergency, but she would have booked the time off in advance and someone could cover for her.

Xander was probably all of us mentioning Hope's new lipstick. Surely, she hasn't forgotten all about it so quickly. At least he thought she was weird. It was also weird how she was completely overdressed for the wedding. And only perked up at the mention of John.

Now that she knows that Jenn has the flash drive, I wonder if she will try to retrieve it or at least mention to good old Rolf that she eavesdropped and heard that Jenn has the flash drive.

Lani is walking around town with either rollers or pincurls in her hair?

Didn't care for her dress but if one is tall and lanky it was all right. A little too summery for early November. Does Horton Square lend out space for occasions?

Gabi, you really shouldn't be playing with the pacemaker app so much. Enough weird heart rates and someone will get suspicious.

Sarah, you don't look like you have gained an ounce so either the zipper was stuck and Xander just happened by at the right moment.

• Love 5

Lani's mother has already impressed me with her talent more in her one episode than Lani has in her entire run on the show. Her rendition of Ave Maria, sung I assume a cappella on set as cameras were rolling for that one and only take, was more than solid. It was gold! Sorry. That was a dumb joke. But my point is I really liked her. I thought it was a bit Shady of Ron to have her point out how Marlena looks more beautiful than ever, when Marlena has clearly had work done and Tamara seems to have aged more naturally. When you know your actresses are going and getting procedures done, maybe don't have other characters comment on their appearance?

Whatever. I only turned in today out of total boredom. I'm still really pissed off about Marlena choking Will on Thursday. I can't believe I'm even writing that sentence.

I thought it was weird how Tamara, two seconds after showing up, feels the need to explain to Abe that she's sorry for never telling him they conceived a child together, immediately followed by Abe saying that they'd "already been through the subject". No, you haven't! You two haven't been on screen together in years, which the show did knowledge. Don't try to pretend now like you had some phone conversation off camera covering the huge reveal that she conceived your daughter. It never happened! It should have happened, but it never did! They managed to both address it and hand wave it in the same instance. That really annoyed me. That's the kind of plot line that would ordinarily play out for weeks on this show, and in one scene it's all resolved that Abe had a daughter he never knew about because his girlfriend never bothered to pick up the phone.

And now she's married to this other guy, who I'm glad the rest of you know but I don't. I liked that they made him one of Eli's mentors in the FBI, but again that just leaves me wanting to know more about him and wanting them to explore that subplot. There are so few people of colour on the show it would be great to see small guest spots for them, especially if it helps flesh out a couple as boring as Eli and Lani. I'm really hoping Tamara sticks around for a while, but I'm pretty sure she won't.

Sarah, Maggie and Xander make a fun trio. I know it shouldn't work, but it does.

Gina's Halloween costume with all the necklaces was completely nuts. Everybody should have been asking Hope what the hell was going on and immediately realizing she was Gina. I mean she basically had a giant pearl sign around her neck saying "I'm acting like princess Gina right now".

Now that you guys have pointed out that Gabi is acting like old school Kate, I totally see it and love it all the more.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

And now she's married to this other guy, who I'm glad the rest of you know but I don't.

They are married in real life and were in the Fifth Dimension together.

• Love 1

“Greetings! I come to you from the planet Earth, where most people have smart phones so they can use the video app to record threats or blackmail either covertly or openly and it’s includes time stamps or upload them live on social media.”

Ron, Corday, Salemites, “Wut? You mean you can can use an app to control bionic eyes remotely and human hearts but also record things? That aren’t weddings?!” 

People noticed Hope changed her lipstick color but not that she was dressed like Holly Golightly for a daytime wedding that even the bride was costumed like she was going to decorate a May Pole? 

How weird was Jen rushing up to the alter to fuss for a long time adjusting Lani’s train then furtively running back to her seat? My gf watching w me, who isn’t a Days viewer laughed at the awkwardness.

It’s not that Maggie voice is kinda high (I have a very high pitched Jennifer Tilly/Karen Walker voice myself) it’s that she often has this quavery or warbling twang to it, her daughter Sarah has it too. It makes them sound like they’re about to lose their shit a lot. 

This week was a little too boring for my liking. I hope next week they pump the gas on this jalopy. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Maybe I am thinking too much about this since it was really only a dream. Will is the one person Ben killed whose death didn’t take.   It already feels like Ben has replaced Will in marlena life.  She kills will in the dream.  Marlena approves of Ben killing. I don’t know some thing felt very off in that part of the story. 

Lani is so pretty and it was nice seeing them all help her getting ready.  Maggie giving her David Abraham’s receiving blanket was going to make her cry.  

Jennifer, Zander and I think Marlena (my John 😂) all seemed to notice Hope was acting strange. The only one she interacted with who didn’t notice was Jack who really needed to stop talking.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And now she's married to this other guy, who I'm glad the rest of you know but I don't. I liked that they made him one of Eli's mentors in the FBI, but again that just leaves me wanting to know more about him and wanting them to explore that subplot. There are so few people of colour on the show it would be great to see small guest spots for them, especially if it helps flesh out a couple as boring as Eli and Lani. I'm really hoping Tamara sticks around for a while, but I'm pretty sure she won't.

I didn't get the impression that Tamara is married to the character Billy Davis is playing, just that he was there as an invited guest of Eli's.

In real life, Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. are married, though, and have been since 1969, and they've been together even longer than that, from their 5th Dimension days.  That group had one great song, hit, after another during the late 60's and 70's.  I wish there had been the opportunity for them to do a duet.....the absolute BEST part of Lani's wedding were the guests!

• Love 9

Oh no, I realized the characters weren't supposed to be related in any way, it's more that I just didn't know anything about who Billy Davis Jr is. He sings too? Yeah then they totally should have had him singing. I kind of hope the wedding works out just so there can be some nice singing at the reception LOL.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I thought it was weird how Tamara, two seconds after showing up, feels the need to explain to Abe that she's sorry for never telling him they conceived a child together, immediately followed by Abe saying that they'd "already been through the subject". No, you haven't! You two haven't been on screen together in years, which the show did knowledge. Don't try to pretend now like you had some phone conversation off camera covering the huge reveal that she conceived your daughter. It never happened! It should have happened, but it never did! They managed to both address it and hand wave it in the same instance. That really annoyed me. That's the kind of plot line that would ordinarily play out for weeks on this show, and in one scene it's all resolved that Abe had a daughter he never knew about because his girlfriend never bothered to pick up the phone.

This is why I find nice guys on soaps losers these days because something like this happens and they are walked all over.. Abe should be pissed off that Tamara kept a child he never knew from him all these years. Its not like Abe is a bad guy either in fact by soap standards he's a saint(even RL standards) so why did Tamara keep it from him?

At least with Faye I understood it on some level because she was in an abusive relationship and was married etc. Tamara didn't have any of those things and just makes her as thoughtless and callous as her daughter(so that's where she gets it from?)

26 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh no, I realized the characters weren't supposed to be related in any way, it's more that I just didn't know anything about who Billy Davis Jr is. He sings too? Yeah then they totally should have had him singing. I kind of hope the wedding works out just so there can be some nice singing at the reception LOL.

Billy Davis Jr. co-founded the 5th Dimension, originally called the Versatiles in 1966, I think.  It was him and Marilyn McCoo, along with Florence La Rue,Lamonte McLemore, and Ronald Townson.  He and Marilyn became a couple and then married in 1969.  They all sang but I think Billy Davis and Marilyn McCoo were the primary vocalists.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This is why I find nice guys on soaps losers these days because something like this happens and they are walked all over.. Abe should be pissed off that Tamara kept a child he never knew from him all these years. Its not like Abe is a bad guy either in fact by soap standards he's a saint(even RL standards) so why did Tamara keep it from him?

At least with Faye I understood it on some level because she was in an abusive relationship and was married etc. Tamara didn't have any of those things and just makes her as thoughtless and callous as her daughter(so that's where she gets it from?)

This is why making her Abe's daughter never made any sense. If she had to be related she could of been a niece. They could of made her a long lost child of Theo Sr. 

We already had a long lost child for Abe and that is Brandon, who is a much better character, and mined for much more interesting storylines than Lani has been. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, JBC344 said:

This is why making her Abe's daughter never made any sense. If she had to be related she could of been a niece. They could of made her a long lost child of Theo Sr. 

We already had a long lost child for Abe and that is Brandon, who is a much better character, and mined for much more interesting storylines than Lani has been. 

I agree or she could've been a kid Lexie had that Abe never knew about(granted we don't need another retcon Dimera but I would've preferred it over another long lost kid of Abe's especially one as meh as Lani is.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Show ever say that Billy is married to Tamara?  I know he's married to her irl, but I don't recall Show saying they're married.

No relation character wise. 

• Love 1