Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I enjoyed today's show:  the scenes between Sami & Nicole & Rafe were great, like a ping-pong match & Rafe caught in the middle.  Then the show-down between Lucas & EJ...that was great!  And then Sami racing in to see EJ with a letter-opener to Lucas's chest, Lucas was not going to let EJ towering over him, scare him.  And Gabi up to her usual tricks & plotting.  And interesting that Jake mentioned knowing Ava's cousin, Angelo Vitali, will he end up using his mob ties to help Gabi?  I got a big kick out of watching the 'back & forth" between various characters.

• Love 11

Ben is really wimpy with his twisted angle. 

are the police even looking for Ciara?

Rafe seems more interested In Ex’s lovelives.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

It's like encouraging a mental illness. Theo looks horrible. Worse than Ben taking her to a cabin to just jog her memories, telling her to go at end of yesterday and he gave up.

It's not a mental illness.  And no, he doesn't look worse than Ben restraining her multiple times.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Shut up EJ. Don't call Lucas a simp. Why don't you go cry to Chad about how much it sucks to be cheated on. 

Shut up Sami. You think Nicole's not allowed to be mad? You just yelled at EJ for being hypocritical about cheating with Abby.

Shut up Rafe. Not that you really said anything, I just don't like you.

Shut up Ava. Let Gabi and stupid Jake move out to some crappy apartment. It's not your damn house anyway.

Shut up Jake. Of course you'd think kidnapping is romantic. I hate you so much. You and Ben deserve each other.

Shut up Gabi. Philip has been nothing but awesome to you and you want to kick him out and put stupid Jake in control?

Shut up Ciara. Just hike down until you get some cell service and leave stupid Ben to die. 

Shut up Ben. I hate you more than stupid Jake.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7

So Ben hurt his ankle so bad by Ciara knocking him over? And she stuck him on a stool instead of the more comfortable bed? Especially if you have a foot injury? Of course the car didn't start. Flooding the engine will cause that.

Rafe probably enjoyed being the buffer between Sami and Nicole. Nicole behaved in a mature manner, realizing that revenge didn't feel very satisfying. Yeah, Sami would show up and shoot first and ask questions later. She didn't think that Nicole would try to get even for her very public takedown? Sami was over the top. Both women were in the same boat. Take it up with Lucas for fishing the letter out of the fireplace and setting the chain in motion.

Good for EJ for asking Harold to pack up Sami's things. His holding the letter opener to Lucas was a little weak. He can do so much more without something so cliche.

Will Uncle Angelo be making an appearance soon since Jake mentioned him and the mob ties? Ava, why do you care if Gabi and Jake move out? The house is not yours. Going to Nicole's was not the best idea and seeing Rafe being a friend to her will most likely trigger her jealousy. 

Gabi, Philip is not going to go gently in to that good old File 13 cabinet. You and Jake are not that devious.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Burying someone alive isn’t being portrayed as romance, is it?

Agreed.  But Turner Classic Movies spent a week having intelligent discussions about how movies of the past portrayed women and people of color in a disrespectful manner, and how those movies fit into a modern discourse...and all of those movies were fiction. 

So there are some circumstances under which it’s OK to kidnap someone?  I did not know that.  

I’m not saying that characters shouldn’t engage in criminal behaviors on this fictional Show but to portray it as romance feels irresponsible and outdated.  

At least Lani got to take those idiots, Allie and Claire, down to the station.  I don’t think I’ve ever cheered that hard for Lani before.  

Hmmm…TCM did have that discussion, but I’d be very disappointed if /when, or will stop playing the old movies . For me, it’s an important part of history and should be played. For instance , Hattie McDaniel played the roles she played and I  remember her in an interview basically saying, who the F cares..I’m making a living , and getting millions off of these roles. She was the first black woman to get an Oscar, for GWTW. It was unfortunate, at that time, she could not accept the Oscar  on stage, but those were the times and she had no problem with it We can’t erase history, therefore, trying to “cancel” movies, that don’t coincide with the culture of today is ridiculous. These are important, great films, that only show the history of what was going on, fiction and real world, and  important, that’s how AA’s were treated back then.

I agree. Good to see Claire and Allie taken down to the station..but please.. They won’t face any consequences!
And  the SPD can’t figure out where Ben took Ciara, (not surprised) but come on!! They don’t need Airheads’ ClaireBear and Allie to “confess “ and tell them . Even Theo should be able to figure that one out.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, auchic said:

Shut up EJ. Don't call Lucas a simp. Why don't you go cry to Chad about how much it sucks to be cheated on. 

Shut up Sami. You think Nicole's not allowed to be mad? You just yelled at EJ for being hypocritical about cheating with Abby.

Shut up Rafe. Not that you really said anything, I just don't like you.

Shut up Ava. Let Gabi and stupid Jake move out to some crappy apartment. It's not your damn house anyway.

Shut up Jake. Of course you'd think kidnapping is romantic. I hate you so much. You and Ben deserve each other.

Shut up Gabi. Philip has been nothing but awesome to you and you want to kick him out and put stupid Jake in control?

Shut up Ciara. Just hike down until you get some cell service and leave stupid Ben to die. 

Shut up Ben. I hate you more than stupid Jake.

❤️👏🥂🥂👏❤️

• Love 2
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I had to watch some of the Ciara/Ben scenes because I got live before the end and for fuck's sake they are completely unwatchable. The acting is atrocious and their personalities are just odious to the max. GAH!

It’s like watching two underwear models trying to act their way out of a wet paper sack.  Honestly, though, there are days when I can sit through some of their scenes but today was not one of those days.  

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It's not a mental illness.  And no, he doesn't look worse than Ben restraining her multiple times.

Theo may be misguided at the moment but the actor currently playing him has really grown in me, as he imbues Theo with a concern for his lifelong friend that feels like a little ray of hope for humanity.  The Theo bashing boggles my mind.  

For as much as I like to snark on Lucas, I was proud of him for standing up to EJ.  I still kinda wish EJ had stabbed him in the gut with that letter opener. 

Way to ruin a perfectly good showdown between Nicole and Sami by having Rafe be in the scenes.  But I was pleasantly surprised with how they had Nicole rationally explain to Sami how this could have been avoided, rather than just having the two of them screaming and clawing at each other through the entirety of the confrontation.

Please have Ava go back to her dastardly ways when she realizes Rafe is in lurve with Nicole.  This kindly version of Ava has been a total bore.  

• Love 12
22 hours ago, MsTree said:

The kidnapping is not to hold her hostage, but trying to spark a memory. And since the cabin is where they first fell in love, that's the destination. Otherwise, there no other way she was about to go up there voluntarily.

It's fiction...and remember, burying someone alive is also not socially acceptable. LOL!

So what if she wouldn't go there voluntarily. That's not really a valid excuse to kidnapping. I'll try and set aside that Ben is a serial killer and say that, it must really suck to be so in love with someone and have it taken away like that (his victims' loved ones understand that feeling) but I might have some more sympathy for him if he handled it like a grown up, instead of breaking the law and showing he's not as "healed" as the show likes to claim he is.

Of course, it's fiction but viewers can still have lines in the sand they don't like to see characters cross, especially the ones we're told we should root for. And, as enchantingmonkey mentioned, the burying someone alive example isn't great because even that isn't necessarily considered socially acceptable on a soap (at least back in the day.) Sure, some people may have ended up liking characters like Vivian who pulled stuff like that, but the show didn't say their actions were right, or romantic, and they weren't propped to infinity.

11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Theo said he knows if she regains her memory she'd leave him.

So tying her down with marriage would stop that. He wants to lock her down, marry her, keep her from Salem, just so she doesn't get her rightful full memories of Ben.

It's like encouraging a mental illness. Theo looks horrible. Worse than Ben taking her to a cabin to just jog her memories, telling her to go at end of yesterday and he gave up. 

6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Exactly. Ciara having memory loss is not a mental illness and Theo is not worse than Ben. Both are in love with a woman (a horrible woman) who, under certain circumstances, can't love them back. You may find it objectionable that Theo doesn't want Ciara to get her memory back, but IMO it's an understandable desire, and more importantly, unlike Ben he's not trying to force Ciara to do something she doesn't want. Ben kidnapped Ciara. He doesn't get brownie points because, after she physically injures him, he so magnanimously, says she can leave. I guess it would be one thing if we knew for sure Ben would never physically harm her, but him lunging at her with a syringe says otherwise. 

Theo, meanwhile, didn't cause this situation. He didn't cause Ciara's amnesia (Ben and his past actions actually did.) He simply fell back in love with an old girlfriend. Sure, she's married with memory loss, but she's aware of both those details and, with no force from Theo, decided she didn't want those memories of being married to a serial killer back and that she didn't want to be married anymore. Theo's done nothing to force her hand. He's not trying to keep her away from her family. He's trying to keep her from Salem? They're in Salem right now. He was fine (if a little anxious) with her going to see Ben alone. He didn't keep her shackled to his side. Do you think he was planning on taking tips from Ben and isolating her in South Africa and keeping her there forever? He lives in South Africa and was going back there, with or without her, but she wanted to go with him. When Ciara was having trouble divorcing Ben, Theo was the one who suggested pumping the brakes and Ciara would have none of it. Yes, Theo may seem to think that getting married might give their relationship more of a fighting chance if she regains her memories, but he's not doing anything underhanded. Theo and Ciara are both aware of the situation with her memory. It's their choice to make whether to take their chances and get married. It's not Ben's choice. Or Allie's. Or Claire's.

I wanted to snatch both Claire and Allie baldheaded yesterday. Claire was a smug jerk and Allie a dim-witted (sometimes smug) idiot. I know that Cin is supposed to be the root-for-couple and, so, we were supposed to be cheering Allie and Claire on as warriors for true love, but they were just horrible. I don't know what they were aiming for with that stare down between them as they got arrested, but they looked like two cult members who didn't have a brain to share between them. And, most likely, nothing is going to happen to them but how selfish of Allie to risk jail when she's got a young son at home, just so she could keep her cousin from getting married (newsflash geniuses, divorce does exist.)

• Love 11

I enjoyed the Lucas and EJ scenes. EJ is such a scummy weasel and I'm so glad Lucas laid some truths on him and stood up to him. I do call bullshit on Lucas not being willing to call a spade a spade and say that EJ raped Sami. Of all the characters on this show, he would be the first one to call it that. I know they gave him an excuse of not wanting to say it because of what happened with Allie, but I don't feel like that really flies. I'm worried they're trying to sugarcoat what happened between them.

On any other show, I might give them the benefit of the doubt, but with RC, I feel it's deliberate. He goes to the rape well WAY too many times, and when he's called on it acts like it couldn't be rape if the character is male and/or it wasn't some violent incident with someone holding somebody down. When Allie and Sami discussed her past rape, but only brought up the first one, I thought they only focused on that because of the plot point of Allie trying to shoot Tripp plus they might have saving it for later drama with Allie and/or Johnny finding out about it, but now I'm not sure if that was the reason.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Burying someone alive isn’t being portrayed as romance, is it?

I never said it was romantic. It was just an analogy.

Turner Classic Movies spent a week having intelligent discussions about how movies of the past portrayed women and people of color in a disrespectful manner, and how those movies fit into a modern discourse...and all of those movies were fiction. 

Days is a soap opera, and according to many, the word 'intelligent' is not synonymous with one writer in particular.

So there are some circumstances under which it’s OK to kidnap someone?  I did not know that.

Yes, it's one of the many circumstances used to bring couples together on soaps.

I’m not saying that characters shouldn’t engage in criminal behaviors on this fictional Show but to portray it as romance feels irresponsible and outdated.

Criminal behaviors, kidnapping, blackmailing, murder, etc....all part of the soap world. Outdated and irresponsibility play no role. It's been that way for 50-60 years, and I doubt it'll change anytime soon.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

So what if she wouldn't go there voluntarily. That's not really a valid excuse to kidnapping. I'll try and set aside that Ben is a serial killer and say that, it must really suck to be so in love with someone and have it taken away like that (his victims' loved ones understand that feeling) but I might have some more sympathy for him if he handled it like a grown up, instead of breaking the law and showing he's not as "healed" as the show likes to claim he is.

Of course, it's fiction but viewers can still have lines in the sand they don't like to see characters cross, especially the ones we're told we should root for. And, as enchantingmonkey mentioned, the burying someone alive example isn't great because even that isn't necessarily considered socially acceptable on a soap (at least back in the day.) Sure, some people may have ended up liking characters like Vivian who pulled stuff like that, but the show didn't say their actions were right, or romantic, and they weren't propped to infinity.

IMO, it's not a kidnapping in the true sense of the word, since Ciara is not being held as a hostage for ransom. Ciara is stubborn and Ben knows this. It was the only way he knew to jog her memory. Ciara (before she flooded the car) was free to go at any time.

As for my analogy, let's face it, most things that happen on a soap opera are not socially acceptable anyway...romantic or otherwise.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, MsTree said:

.Yes, it's one of the many circumstances used to bring couples together on soaps.

Criminal behaviors, kidnapping, blackmailing, murder, etc....all part of the soap world. Outdated and irresponsibility play no role. It's been that way for 50-60 years, and I doubt it'll change anytime soon.

That doesn't make it okay, soap or not.

And, people are allowed to think it's gross, and say so. Just a soap doesn't really feel like a good justification IMO. Plus, I think it's actually gotten way worse lately. Ben the serial killer, I don't believe, would have been the young male lead, back in the day.

15 minutes ago, MsTree said:

IMO, it's not a kidnapping in the true sense of the word, since Ciara is not being held as a hostage for ransom. Ciara is stubborn and Ben knows this. It was the only way he knew to jog her memory. Ciara (before she flooded the car) was free to go at any time.

As for my analogy, let's face it, most things that happen on a soap opera are not socially acceptable anyway...romantic or otherwise.

It's kidnapping. Not all kidnapping involves a ransom. It doesn't matter that he wants to jog her memory. It's not his right to take someone against their will, even if his motive is supposedly well-intentioned.

There's a difference - to me anyway - between normal soap "socially unacceptable" stuff: like adultery, lying, even murder (depending in the reason) and stuff like rape, serial killing, a serial killer kidnapping someone, etc.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

That doesn't make it okay, soap or not.

And, people are allowed to think it's gross, and say so. Just a soap doesn't really feel like a good justification IMO. Plus, I think it's actually gotten way worse lately. Ben the serial killer, I don't believe, would have been the young male lead, back in the day.

It's kidnapping. Not all kidnapping involves a ransom. It doesn't matter that he wants to jog her memory. It's not his right to take someone against their will, even if his motive is supposedly well-intentioned.

There's a difference - to me anyway - between normal soap "socially unacceptable" stuff: like adultery, lying, even murder (depending in the reason) and stuff like rape, serial killing, a serial killer kidnapping someone, etc.

Agree to disagree. IMO, none of it affects me or how I conduct my everyday life. For me, it's pure escapism. I watch soaps like I would any fictionalized movie or drama, and take it all with a grain of salt.

And for any cartoon watchers out there, Daffy Duck really needs to stop dropping anvils on Bugs Bunny. Never acceptable. 😜

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Agree to disagree. IMO, none of it affects me or how I conduct my everyday life. For me, it's pure escapism. I watch soaps like I would any fictionalized movie or drama, and take it all with a grain of salt.

And for any cartoon watchers out there, Daffy Duck really needs to stop dropping anvils on Bugs Bunny. Never acceptable. 😜

That's great. I'm pretty sure the people who hate Ben and think his actions are disgusting aren't letting it affect their every day life just because we're commenting about it on a message board.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Ciara has been kidnapped a lot of times, and bad things have happened to her. As much as I dislike this current version of Ciara, no one who loves her should have been okay with her being kidnapped again. It's a dumb storyline and really quite offensive.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So Ben hurt his ankle so bad by Ciara knocking him over? And she stuck him on a stool instead of the more comfortable bed? Especially if you have a foot injury? Of course the car didn't start. Flooding the engine will cause that.

Rafe probably enjoyed being the buffer between Sami and Nicole. Nicole behaved in a mature manner, realizing that revenge didn't feel very satisfying. Yeah, Sami would show up and shoot first and ask questions later. She didn't think that Nicole would try to get even for her very public takedown? Sami was over the top. Both women were in the same boat. Take it up with Lucas for fishing the letter out of the fireplace and setting the chain in motion.

Good for EJ for asking Harold to pack up Sami's things. His holding the letter opener to Lucas was a little weak. He can do so much more without something so cliche.

Will Uncle Angelo be making an appearance soon since Jake mentioned him and the mob ties? Ava, why do you care if Gabi and Jake move out? The house is not yours. Going to Nicole's was not the best idea and seeing Rafe being a friend to her will most likely trigger her jealousy. 

Gabi, Philip is not going to go gently in to that good old File 13 cabinet. You and Jake are not that devious.

How old was that car anyway? I haven’t flooded an engine in forever!
Actress is so bad, she is really not showing she is scared of Ben. It feels like a lovers spat. 
Sami, while I live Allison Sweeney, really is a terrible person. Always quick to get into a physical altercation ( how old are you? Get some therapy!) Always lying.. don’t blame EJ for throwing her out. Get out of that shitty marriage. Agree Nicole was acting mature & had valid points. Sami acts like a spoiled, nasty bulling child. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Ben the serial killer, I don't believe, would have been the young male lead, back in the day.

He might have been, I mean rapists were made into romantic leads, but there would have been an actual redemption for him and characters would still be allowed to think he sucks. 

I'm still thinking about how bad the Ben/Ciara scenes I saw yesterday were. VK is worse than RSW at this point tbh. Just absolutely terrible acting and Ciara is just a useless, horrible character. I really wish VK would get a primetime gig on a hit show so we wouldn't have to deal with her anymore lol.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, rcc said:

Why the hell does Lucas love Sami! Damn her. She is so hateful to him.

Seriously. I kept screaming at him to MOVE ON lol. I love Sami/Lucas but Sami just isn't worth this. She loves EJ's bitch ass for some reason so let her be miserable and let Lucas finally find someone who actually loves him first. Ugh!

Phillip is everything to me. Him and Chloe were acting so strangely today but in like a really fun way. Like, were they on coke lol? Anyway, Phillip is perfection, whether JKJ is doing his weird acting or not.

I legitimately do not remember anything else that happened. Oh wait, Jake and Gabi were on, but I fast forwarded. I can't stand them anymore.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Phillip is everything to me. Him and Chloe were acting so strangely today but in like a really fun way. Like, were they on coke lol? Anyway, Phillip is perfection, whether JKJ is doing his weird acting or not.

Philip is like the only reason I watch anymore. He was really weird, starting that fight with Chloe over Brady, but he smartened up and they were pretty cute at the end. 

Lucas deserves better.

EJ was ice fucking cold; I don't like him but damn it was fun watching him these last couple days. With Sami gone, I hope he goes back to being irrelevant (wishful thinking...).

34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I legitimately do not remember anything else that happened. Oh wait, Jake and Gabi were on, but I fast forwarded. I can't stand them anymore.

Good for you, because stupid Jake was the GODDAMNED WORST today. I absolutely HATE that disgusting chauvinistic bastard SO MUCH. 🤬🤬🤬

• Love 8

This is why I have never cared for Lumi other than my hatred of Sami the relationship is so one sided. I personally don't get what Lucas sees in Sami I mean I could understand it early on in their relationship but now? I don't see it plus he doesn't accept the real her either which is rather awful. EJ does as long as he isn't screwed over though which makes sense its not like he wants her to be a decent person etc.

Plus Lucas should have a love interest that actually wants him back which is why I hated when they got rid of Sheryl they had chem and she only wanted him. 

• Love 3

I agree. Lucas needs to move on.

But not because I feel bad for him that Sami doesn't love him. Sami has been carrying his homeless/jobless whiny, angry puffed up character since they were teenagers. She runs into plots/makes things happen while Lucas tags along to carry her bags. In their scheming heydey, Sami was always took lead and he needed her to get any real scheming done. Or he had to run to Kate to do it for him.

I don't care if he is a Horton. I don't care if he is Kate's son. I don't care if he a sibling to other characters that I like and love. 

IMO, He is a character that could have been written off like so many other in the 90s and 00's and I would have never, ever missed him. He has always been a pointless character to me. He should move closer to Will in Arizona and I would be thrilled

• Love 2
12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He might have been, I mean rapists were made into romantic leads, but there would have been an actual redemption for him and characters would still be allowed to think he sucks. 

I'm still thinking about how bad the Ben/Ciara scenes I saw yesterday were. VK is worse than RSW at this point tbh. Just absolutely terrible acting and Ciara is just a useless, horrible character. I really wish VK would get a primetime gig on a hit show so we wouldn't have to deal with her anymore lol.

Can’t stand CIN. They suck . My wish is that they would do a spin-off ..prime time, and get them both the hell  off DAYS  for good! CIN lovers would be over the edge with gleeful-nessl, so would I! Then I wouldn’t be forced to FF half of the show since it’s all about them. They take up too much time with horrible acting/ story line!

Plus, since they’re so wonderful, it’d be great for them in terms of making loads of $$$$!!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Loved JKJ and NB today. 

Jake & Gabs SUCK! I unfortunately did watch their scenes…all about taking down Philip and how Jake now wants to be CEO of Titan instead of Gabs!! Very shocked she seemed ok with it in the end.

I just hope Philip pays attention enough to bust open her(their) scam,  instead of being too smitten with Chloe! I’m in no mood for the BROE interference!

Hoping Gabi and Fake Stefan are too involved with themselves and fuck themselves over instead. 

• Love 4

Wow, ANOTHER romantic kidnapping! 

Too bad Kidnapp Kabin is currently occupied.

Then we got the absolute delight of Gabi and Jake.  He's quite the catch, isn't he?

giphy.gif

What a guy, whatAguy!  She's almost as lucky as he is.

Does the romance in Salem never stop??  Catch me before I swoon.

Philip and Chloe, those two were good.  How on earth did that get past the writing staff??

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

@boes, Jake is quite the catch. Like a mutant goldfish or a half-eaten fish that ends up on the hook. Why does he want any sort of CEO job, and why so sexist in not having a woman as his boss? Ugh.

The gears are starting to turn in Ava's mind. Yeah, she behaved as a compassionate, sympathetic friend but the flashbacks of Nicole telling her that Rafe has a knight in shining armour rescuer complex started turning when she saw the zeroness of Rafe giving some suppot to his friend. And ask for a job? Text her or call and leave a message. I'm happy that Nicole passed on the dinner invitation. Bring her some takeout or order something she'd like and let her have a day of space.

Gabi installed some software to track Philip's keystrokes? The IT folks won't find it?

Lucas, why do you put up with being treated worse than a dog by Sami? He doesn't even get any biscuits for his tricks! She is not going to choose you. Ever. She has shown you she is an immature spoiled brat and semi bully. And then she begs EJ for forgiveness. Uh, let the man be mad for a bit. Wonder who kidnapped her - the Vitali family, EJ, Kristen?????

Chloe, are there any other options for you beside Philip or Brady?

• Love 10
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wish I could find my ticket for this train.  I really want like JKJ but it feels like he’s doing some kind awful Jack Nicholson impersonation in most of his scenes. 

Did Gabi’s Dastardly Key Reader know that Philip had left the office, or was that just a coincidence?  Does it contain Stefano’s essence?  Does it know what it’s like to be human?  

Victor is probably the biggest misogynist in Salem, USA.  Gabi’s plan to become CEO of TITAN makes her sound like an idiot.  

I thought today was another good one for Dan Feuerriegel.  His eyes ached with a pained anger during the Sami/EJ scenes.  

Accidentally spoiled myself on Sami being kidnapped but I thought today was August 10th, so I ended up being surprised, regardless.  Maybe her kidnapper just wants her to recall a forgotten memory, so it will be totes socially acceptable.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

Ciara starts to remember! Me: grabs vomit bucket.

Theo's line about finding Ciara before "Ben moves her too far away from him" was pretty telling. He knows his time is limited and he was trying to get married before she remembered something. I know there was a lot of back and forth about his intentions earlier in this thread, but it's not a great look from him.

Lani? Shut up. Paulina could solve the mystery of the disappearing Ciara 110 times faster than the Salem PD.

• Love 10

If anyone wants to join me, I'm sitting at a small table over in the corner, smiling over Ciara finally remembering.  If you don't want others to see you, and shame you, feel free to wear a disguise. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Ciara starts to remember! Me: grabs vomit bucket.

Theo's line about finding Ciara before "Ben moves her too far away from him" was pretty telling. He knows his time is limited and he was trying to get married before she remembered something. I know there was a lot of back and forth about his intentions earlier in this thread, but it's not a great look from him.

Lani? Shut up. Paulina could solve the mystery of the disappearing Ciara 110 times faster than the Salem PD.

Yes, i’ve been saying it all along Theo is no angel in all of this he has been afraid since the beginning that Ciara  was going to remember the truth and he’d be SOL. 

1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Why did Tripp answer the door in a towel if he didn't want to be seen in a towel?

Ciara's amnesia made her forget the existence of General Tso's chicken?

Thought the same thing. My, the poor little rich girl must be awfully sheltered when it comes to takeout food if she doesn’t know what General Tso is😳

This  actress just seems to get worse. I said nothing for a moment that she was afraid of or hated Ben. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, buffynut said:

If anyone wants to join me, I'm sitting at a small table over in the corner, smiling over Ciara finally remembering.  If you don't want others to see you, and shame you, feel free to wear a disguise. 😉

I’m here! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Lani was a royal bitch to Paulina today. I wish she’d go away permenantly.

She was awful. I thought Theo might want a say in rejecting the reward money!

This vitriol has got to be leading up to 

Spoiler

Paulina being Lani’s mother  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Why would Paulina offer up some reward money? The stupid Salemites should remember the cabin from all the other times. People are creatures of habit.

Now Tripp is in a towel? Geez, doesn't anyone just not answer the door to folks that drop by unnanounced or call first? I get Chanel wanting to help her friend and partner.

Belle, you can probably figure out where Ciara is. Allie and Claire aren't really suited for prison or a holding cell.

Theo, you did not give off a good look today. 'Before Ben takes her too far from him'. Really? Ciara has her own free will and if she does get her memory back and she does not want to be with her husband and chooses you, then you won her heart fair and square. He sounded like he wanted to put a spell on her to keep her in love with him. Doesn't happen. Have no idea what the rush to get married was for - to get her a visa for South Africa?

I liked Lani's dress but she behaved badly. Eli, this is your real wife.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, buffynut said:

The weird thing for me was that for as much as I dislike the storyline, I actually got goosebumps when Ciara had that memory flash.  Maybe my brain has been trained to have certain reactions after watching soaps for all of these years.  

I thought Victoria Konefal was good today.  She made me chuckle a time or two.  RSW was his usual robotic self.  

Can Those Writers! just send Claire to Statesville for a misdemeanor, and throw away the key?  It’s a shame what they’ve done to the character.  I don’t necessarily want Allie gone, too, but I feel like I probably won’t miss her.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes, i’ve been saying it all along Theo is no angel in all of this he has been afraid since the beginning that Ciara  was going to remember the truth and he’d be SOL. 

Yeah, he's not keen on her getting her memory back. So what? It's not like he's trying to keep that a secret. And, again, he's done nothing nefarious to stop her from getting her memory back. He didn't trick her. She's been rushing the wedding all on her own.

Hallelujah! The serial killer's kidnapping plot has worked - as there was ever really any doubt. Ignoring someone's wishes over and over again has finally paid off. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. 

God, Allie sucks! She's told she could actually be facing prison time and the only thing she can think to say is to tell Tripp to look out for Henry! That's your job, you stupid moron! Imagine putting some person who you barely know - and their love life - ahead of your child.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

28 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Belle, you can probably figure out where Ciara is. Allie and Claire aren't really suited for prison or a holding cell.

Henry the Blanket or even the twins could figure out where Ben took Ciara - THERE ARE ONLY TWO PLACES ANYONE EVER GOES - Kidnap Kabin or the Hideout Motel.  The Salem PD really are incredibly stupid aren't they?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Henry the Blanket or even the twins could figure out where Ben took Ciara - THERE ARE ONLY TWO PLACES ANYONE EVER GOES - Kidnap Kabin or the Hideout Motel.  The Salem PD really are incredibly stupid aren't they?

This! My eyes rolled out of my head when Belle said Shawn had been searching all night. Though maybe I can give Shawn the benefit of the doubt (well, sort of) that he suspects where Ben could have taken her, but doesn't want to go there because he's inexplicably team Ben, but that doesn't explain why everyone else was acting completely clueless. I would have paid good money to see Eli and Belle ask the dumb-dumb twins where Ben could have taken Ciara, and after they smugly stonewall them, Eli finally gets a clue and was like "Oh yeah, the cabin. He practically lives there. Where else would he have taken her?" To see the smug looks fall from Claire and Allie's faces would have been awesome.

• Love 5