Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I really hate these rushed departures for actors. Claire gets offered a job in South Africa and decides to move there the same freaking day? Like, how?? Where is she gonna live, with Theo and JJ? Who's buying her last-minute same-day plane ticket? What time even is the flight? Is she gonna make Belle and Shawn pack up all of her things and send them to her? And why aren't Belle and Shawn asking her all these questions?? I know they do this a lot when a character exits, but I just don't see why they can't keep the actors around for a few more episodes to somewhat address these things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Only if EJ is throwing barware when he calls Sami a bitch. Gotta have barware for the full Sonny Corinthos effect!

He did throw barware. Towards the fireplace below Stefano's potrait.

Maybe Claire should have stayed in town another day. It sounds like the job that she got with Theo is the same kind of job that EJ wants to offer to Johnny.

I like Johnny. He was always my favorite of Sami's kids. I loved him even more being pissed at serial killer who strangled his brother. Allie sounded dimwitted when she defended that Ben isn't like that anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

So the bride wore black, the groom had to hop off his crutches to propose, and they didn't need a marriage license or anything? Maybe Abe can arrange for the annulment to be voided or have some retroactive license drawn up. At least some family showed up.

Claire, you can probably find a similar job in Chicago or Miami or LA or wherever. Theo and JJ will have to arrange some sort of work visa for you. Otherwise, you are a tourist for a bit and need to contact South African immigration. But you are young, your music career is non existent and this is an oppotunity for you. And you are away from Ciara! The show does write folks off but maybe they should give a 2 week notice type thing to make proper travel arrangements. A same day plane ticket would cost a fortune. No one needs to go to South Africa that fast. She can work from Salem for a few weeks til all the proper arrangements are made.

Johnny, be a bit more creative with sampling Chanel's sweet bits. Eww. Wait til you find out that Chanel is also interested in your sister. Awkward.

Nicole looked rough today. Understandable. At least she and EJ had a semi mature conversation today. Nicole made a terrible mistake that cost her dearly and I think EJ recognized that. Nicole has changed over the years. Maybe she'll revert back to her mischevious self.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He did throw barware. Towards the fireplace below Stefano's potrait.

Maybe Claire should have stayed in town another day. It sounds like the job that she got with Theo is the same kind of job that EJ wants to offer to Johnny.

I like Johnny. He was always my favorite of Sami's kids. I loved him even more being pissed at serial killer who strangled his brother. Allie sounded dimwitted when she defended that Ben isn't like that anymore.

Ah. I only saw pieces of the episode. That explains why I missed such a crucial detail. Sonny would be proud!

• LOL 7
9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So, no one bothers with marriage licenses these days?  Did they just cross out Theo's name and put Ben's?

I’m even wondering if her and Ben were even divorced. Everyone in Salem hated the idea…did they fake the quickie divorce..cuz even in Salem time..this couldn’t happen  so fast
so yes..they just used white out and a sharpie to remove Theo, put in angel Ben!! Or pasted a fortune from a cookie ..”Ben/Ciara..married!!”

so riDickulous!

However, happy to not have to endure a full on wedding! Thank you writers. Now..please move on..honeymoon off screen please? 
asking too much?

• Love 5

Johnny seems to have no idea what's going on his own family, but he facetimed Chad last week?

He doesn't know what Henry looks like, doesn't even know he was born first before Allie? Didn't know Ben isn't crazy anymore and married his cousin Ciara before?  Or even the entire time Ben/Will were in jail together, Johnny never spoke to Will about that time?

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Will's murder was terrifying as well and the callous way that Ben put him in a garbage bag and dumped him at his apartment like he was nothing knowing that his young daughter could find her beloved daddy says who Ben really was. 

Then, he went home and had passionate sex with Abigail after killing Will.. Even Abigail commented on how awesome he was in their afterglow. So murder was a turn on for Ben, if that is not sick then I don't know what is.. 

BUT HE HAS A MENATL ILLNESS SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR ANY OF THIS YOU IDIOT! (tm Ron)

• LOL 9
47 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Johnny seems to have no idea what's going on his own family, but he facetimed Chad last week?

He doesn't know what Henry looks like, doesn't even know he was born first before Allie? Didn't know Ben isn't crazy anymore and married his cousin Ciara before?  Or even the entire time Ben/Will were in jail together, Johnny never spoke to Will about that time?

Maybe Johnny is smart and blocked all this crazy shit out! 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

BUT HE HAS A MENATL ILLNESS SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR ANY OF THIS YOU IDIOT! (tm Ron)

And Doc has cured him!! So he’s doubly not responsible..for anyone. Anything, including himself!

But he’ll certainly take control over every single relationship/ thing going on on Salem! He’s so 😎😱

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Color me impressed that Nicole and EJ got to have and intelligent conversation about his split with Sami, and their history together was even acknowledged in an insightful way.  

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Nicole looked rough today. Understandable. At least she and EJ had a semi mature conversation today. Nicole made a terrible mistake that cost her dearly and I think EJ recognized that. Nicole has changed over the years. Maybe she'll revert back to her mischevious self.

It may just be due to how AZ has grown so much as an actress over the years, but did anyone else sense the chemistry between Nicole and EJ? In their longest scene together since EJ returned to Salem, I sensed something zinging between them. It seemed to hover a bit underneath their scene. Just me?

• Love 16
20 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Supposedly Victor got a judge to push through a quickie annulment.

Ohhh Grandpa Vic…well a mont or two, he was sitting poolside, probably still there..maybe his phone fell in the pool and it never went through 

I need to see Victor ASAP!

I hope he’s pissed that Ciara used him, only to get remarried to cool ass Ben!

this showwww!! Nooooooo!!!

2 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

It may just be due to how AZ has grown so much as an actress over the years, but did anyone else sense the chemistry between Nicole and EJ? In their longest scene together since EJ returned to Salem, I sensed something zinging between them. It seemed to hover a bit underneath their scene. Just me?

Nope ! It was there!! Hoping it happens!

• Love 4
On 8/20/2021 at 6:23 PM, peachmangosteen said:

It doesn't feel the same to me because I don't see TPTB doing everything they can to prop Ava, ruining multiple characters to bulid her up, not allowing anyone to still hate her/question her without being made to look wrong for it, etc. But also, Ava gotta go lol. She's only worth being around if she's bad anyway.

I hope they let Johnny hate Ben. I know they won't though.

Thanks for posting that.  I still blame the writers for what they did to the Ben character.  And really what they've done to make all the other characters prop him up. Some should still be upset that Ciara fell in love with him. 

On 8/20/2021 at 8:57 PM, tribeca said:

I wasn’t watching when Ava was first on and killed all those people.  I do wonder if part of it is the actor playing Ava is a better actor. 
  I am no fan of Ben.    When he was dating Abigail he was possessive with a hint of anger always always present.  He represents a type of man I can stand.  Then he started killing    
   Paiges murder was terrifying to me.  
When he started dating Ciara he acted the same way he did with Abigail.  The fact that everyone worships him makes it worse.  
   As a fan of the show there are characters I like better than others.   At least the other characters there is a bit of suspense in the stories.  There was not doubt Ciara and Ben would get back together.  

I'll always hate that Josh Griffith made Days so dark during his tenue, which included making Ben a serial killer. Ben could have had a dark controlling streak, without needing to become a murderer.  I wish they'd retconned that when they did the "skip a year" thing.

• Love 8

I think if they just made Ben abusive without the murder(like he hits his GFs, controls them) I think he could've been salvaged especially when you factor in that Clyde was his father and the cycle of abuse.  Instead they take it too far with these characters.

Claire didn't need to be a psycho they could've just had her be this insecure desperate girl who craved attention because her parents barely gave it to her and hardly provided a stable life when they broke up all the time.

This show has these characters do these awful things and walk it back as if its nothing. Sure this show has had rapists etc that were redeemed but it took years and those who were hurt by it didn't forget about it overnight either.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

EJ must have been hanging out with Victor too much. I didn’t like him calling Sami a Slut and whore.

I really really I mean REALLY am not a fan of slut, whore, and especially the ..I can’t even say/write it..the C U next Tuesday.  Sometimes it’s just true..with other characters, as well 
However, I  think he’s very hurt, she’s up to her old schemes, not that he’s a great guy, by any means, and he gave her every opportunity to come clean. She just couldn’t/refused to do it. So in my head, who cares what he calls her at this point. Sami has her faults, and many think EJ is so evil with the “rape” of Sami…but there again, she chose to be with this guy..after all that and more!

I’m not condoning his behavior, maybe defending him a little, but Sami , after all these years, still cannot behave like an adult. Yep, we heard she took care of him all these years, nursing him back to health…but did she really..or did she just pay some home nurses? coordinating that IS work, though This was all off screen, so we never saw it!
Never cared for EJAMI..just never saw what everyone saw in them. A love story..I think not.

• Love 6
On 8/20/2021 at 4:33 PM, Panopticon said:

It seems like Sydney has been de-aged, or rather not aged up along with her siblings. She should be less than 2 years younger than the twins (so an adult), but Sami emphasized that Sydney went to boarding school, not college, and that Sami was alone with grumpy EJ before she came back to Salem to hang with Allie and Lucas. Must be one of those year-round soap opera boarding schools! 

I could of sworn that Sami said Sydney was in college, or she used the word "school" as an exchange for college. It was when EJ was trying to convince her to stay in Salem permanently. They were making the point that all the kids were grown and out of the house. 

College would match up age wise since she is only two years younger than the twins. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I really really I mean REALLY am not a fan of slut, whore, and especially the ..I can’t even say/write it..the C U next Tuesday.  Sometimes it’s just true..with other characters, as well 
However, I  think he’s very hurt, she’s up to her old schemes, not that he’s a great guy, by any means, and he gave her every opportunity to come clean. She just couldn’t/refused to do it. So in my head, who cares what he calls her at this point. Sami has her faults, and many think EJ is so evil with the “rape” of Sami…but there again, she chose to be with this guy..after all that and more!

I’m not condoning his behavior, maybe defending him a little, but Sami , after all these years, still cannot behave like an adult. Yep, we heard she took care of him all these years, nursing him back to health…but did she really..or did she just pay some home nurses? coordinating that IS work, though This was all off screen, so we never saw it!
Never cared for EJAMI..just never saw what everyone saw in them. A love story..I think not.

Ejami is so gross on so many levels and I never understood why Sami even had another child for EJ.  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Ejami is so gross on so many levels and I never understood why Sami even had another child for EJ.  

Because she was/IS seriously in love with him 🙄

I don’t  understand Ej, or Sami’s attraction to each other. They’re both pretty fucked up, but that doesn’t explain both of their crap and why they would see anything remotely attractive about the other.

it needs to end

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Chellfairy said:

I don’t  understand Ej, or Sami’s attraction to each other. Their both pretty fucked up, but that doesn’t explain it 

It was exhausting watching them constantly fight over their children.   They did some pretty nasty things to each other.  That type of dysfunction is not appealing to watch.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I don’t  understand Ej, or Sami’s attraction to each other. They’re both pretty fucked up, but that doesn’t explain both of their crap and why they would see anything remotely attractive about the other.

it needs to end

It might just be me, but I feel like with the below pairings, the female half is not allowed to be her true self, that she has to neuter her natural instincts to "fit in" and earn/keep the love of the male half:

EJ & Sami

Eric & Nicole

I guess that's why I always felt the best pairing for these characters were/are:

EJ & Nicole;  Sami & Lucas.  I feel both the male and female partner were clear eyed about who the other was and accepted it.

As for Eric?  I never felt any of his romantic partners was a great fit. Should have kept him as celibate Father Eric Brady.  (Though I do love a good de-frocking story [see: Sunset Beach] - just not with Eric).

• Love 8
9 hours ago, norcalgal said:

It might just be me, but I feel like with the below pairings, the female half is not allowed to be her true self, that she has to neuter her natural instincts to "fit in" and earn/keep the love of the male half:

EJ & Sami

Eric & Nicole

I guess that's why I always felt the best pairing for these characters were/are:

EJ & Nicole;  Sami & Lucas.  I feel both the male and female partner were clear eyed about who the other was and accepted it.

As for Eric?  I never felt any of his romantic partners was a great fit. Should have kept him as celibate Father Eric Brady.  (Though I do love a good de-frocking story [see: Sunset Beach] - just not with Eric).

Exactly! 
EJ and Nicole were good back in the day. Sami and Lucas never had a fair shot..due to Sami wanting *hotter*..or someone else’s man..wrirters, etc, but they would/can definitely be happy and have a real family together..even though the kids are grown, they’re now grandparents. It’s just too bad the show won’t go there.

Never liked this Eric. I did like the 1st one..who’s long moved on to better things, but heck..that was 20 yrs ago. So, nope, Eric is best left off the show.

and maybe I need to watch Sunset Beach. I’ve been looking for a new distraction

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I feel like it's worse because of EJami's history.  And I also hate it because I feel like it's writers indulging in their misogyny under the guise of being "edgy."

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

and maybe I need to watch Sunset Beach. I’ve been looking for a new distraction

Hoooboy - not only was that a de-frocking, it involved family members! I can't recall the priest's name (Miguel?) but his sister-in-law Gabby was married to his brother Ricardo.

• Love 1

Was EJ ever declared dead?

Are we supposed to like EJ? Is there anybody in town who likes him?

"Remind me again, when was the last time Justin won a case."  LOL!

Ron made sure all of the guys got their shirts off today.

• Love 4

I didn’t watch all of today’s ep. interrupted by political news. 

Anyhow…Was it addressed where Xander’s moola from Sami went??

I don’t remember anyone taking it from him when Protecter Bro-Brady Black went over there and saw it.

• Love 1

I watched live for some stupid reason and it was torture being unable to FFWD all the CIN crap. WTF do we have to be subjected to CIN flashbacks of their fantasies?? It's bad enough we've been tortured these last few months with flashbacks of their "love story" but now we have to sit through their stupid fantasy flashbacks too?? I swear the only thing CIN ever do is fuck, talk about their love, get kidnapped, or have a close brush with death. I assume when it's time for VK to bounce again, one of these fools will get kidnapped to facilitate her latest exit. 

Jack is a complete idiot. I hate that he treats Gwen like she's a vulnerable teenager who needs her daddy to protect her. When the truth comes out about his precious little girl, everyone (Abby, Steve, Julie, etc) needs to call him out on his stupidity and call him a gullible fool. I hope they really tear into him. I can't stand Jack right now (and he's my favorite!).

Tripp: Allie is just not that into you. He's as blind as his stupid uncle Jack.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Tripp: Allie is just not that into you. He's as blind as his stupid uncle Jack.

It's starting to get hard to watch. They need to drop Tripp tbh. He doesn't work as they're using him now and I doubt they have any idea how he would work.

• Love 11

I feel so bad for the actor playing Tripp.   I really think he could be a good "good guy" (because we do need one or two on a soap), but they have paired him with an absolute drip.  Is it the actress or the character?   I just don't care for Allie because she's just not interesting.

Edited by sas616
  • Love 15
45 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

EJ: When was the last time Justin won a case?
Xander: Yeah, he lost a custody case, to your wife. Who isn't even a lawyer.

OK show, sometimes you provide.

Those scenes with EJ & Xander going at each other, were making me chuckle...2 bad guys trying to "out-bad" each other :)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

Jack is a complete idiot. I hate that he treats Gwen like she's a vulnerable teenager who needs her daddy to protect her. When the truth comes out about his precious little girl, everyone (Abby, Steve, Julie, etc) needs to call him out on his stupidity and call him a gullible fool. I hope they really tear into him. I can't stand Jack right now (and he's my favorite!).

Hear!  Hear!  Hear!  Not only do I hope they read him for filth, I hope they make him GROVEL to be a part of their life again. Or, they can choose to just cut him out of their life completely - full stop.  Sort of a "you made your bed, now lie in it" thing.   (Although it'd be a bit sad for Thomas & Charlotte if they never get to know their only living grandfather as they grow up). 

Edited by norcalgal
typo "if" not "fi"
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Regarding Tripp…..

The sad thing is LA can play edgy. Tripp had an edge to him. When he first appeared. At this point Tripp is too watered down. Way too nice and bland. Even nice people can have a little sass to them. 

You are so right and the problem is that the writers of today no longer know how to write for good guys anymore.  Look at how boring and weak  Shawn-Douglas is and it is why Belle is always looking for action elsewhere...

• Love 6
7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Hoooboy - not only was that a de-frocking, it involved family members! I can't recall the priest's name (Miguel?) but his sister-in-law Gabby was married to his brother Ricardo.

Antonio and yes I actually thought Antonio/Gabi were hot I was kind of hoping he would leave the priesthood for her. 

23 hours ago, norcalgal said:

EJ & Sami

Eric & Nicole

I disagree about Lucas accepting Sami sure he knows who he's dealing with but he had issues with her schemes etc like EJ.

I think the only person that truly accepted her was Brandon and he only left her largely because of the paternity switch with Theo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Antonio and yes I actually thought Antonio/Gabi were hot I was kind of hoping he would leave the priesthood for her. 

I disagree about Lucas accepting Sami sure he knows who he's dealing with but he had issues with her schemes etc like EJ.

I think the only person that truly accepted her was Brandon and he only left her largely because of the paternity switch with Theo.

I actually think EJ accepted Sami as she was even more so than Lucas and Brandon.  The EJ/Sami dynamic was very interesting with lots of potential to be a dark supercouple before he raped her.. Once he violated her that way, I was off the Ejamie train and never looked back..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3