Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I like Tripp but this storyline makes him look weak and jealous.    His last girlfriend tried to kill him a few times so his girlfriend having feelings for someone else should not bother him that much.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2021 at 1:25 AM, enchantingmonkey said:

The weird thing about Gabi is that she had become a mostly fun character, and it seemed Camila Banus had grown as an actress.  Then they sent her off, and she’s been mostly annoying since her return.  The scenes with Abigail and kidnapping Gwen were fun but the rest of it...not so much.  I hate that this plot to take over Titan makes her look like a moron.  

I appreciated Steve being kind to Ava.  I don’t see how holding a grudge against someone is beneficial in any way, shape or form.  It does feel like it came out of nowhere but I can fill in the blanks and say that Ava and Tripp have developed a strong relationship, and Tripp has conveyed that to Steve.  But, good grief, Ava revealed her living form because she wanted a relationship with Tripp and now they rarely share scene together.  Is it really that difficult for Those Writers! to remember their own storylines?

Please let Nicole get romantically involved with EJ or Xander while she’s on this break from Rafe.  He’s a wet blanket to every fiery female on the Show.  

Good grief, who is back from the dead now?  I’m not feeling like it’s Adrienne.  Did Bonnie kill someone while I wasn’t watching?  Oh, I’m so tempted to look at the Spoiler thread.  

Hooray, at all the bolder!! Problem with the Gabater is JAKE!!!!! I hope they fail miserably at the Titan shenanigans !

and

RAFE the BRICK is a wet blanket all around. Since day 1!  Would love Nicole and EJ!! Talk about a power couple! 
However, if that doesn’t happen..I think Nicole and Philip would be great..partly because of her being his former step mommy 😳😄, but mostly because she would help bring Gabi and fake-Stephan-the Jakester Dowwwnnn!! Philip needs a win and Nicole is smart & savvy enough  to do it!!

It won’t happen, 😤😩

so I’ll take Xander if not.🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish Johnny and Chanel could ditch Tripp/Allie or just Allie. I don't really hate Tripp he's just there. Allie is just awful.

I wish Tripp and Allie would both just disappear. They’re both useless and Allie makes Trip the weakest link. Allie ia jelly of Chanel AND Johnny. So is Tripp ! Their relationship is  “convenient” and so boring!!
Love, love, loving Johnny and Chanel. Hope they don’t bow down and give up because of the ignorance of Allie  and Trippie having problems with them dating!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 6

Good for Abby for giving Jack and Chad the cold shoulder. Jack talking to Abby on Chad's behalf? Abby should tell him off.

Both dumbasses just want to keep believing in Gwen. So stick with her.

EJ so obsessed with getting this 1 million back is bizarre.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish Johnny and Chanel could ditch Tripp/Allie or just Allie. I don't really hate Tripp he's just there. Allie is just awful.

I hate both and I find that Ron is getting in his own way by involving Tripp/Allie with Johnny and Chanel.  Johnny and Chanel just sparkle together.  Why doesn't he spend time building them up as a potential couple before making a triangle or a square.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

It is awkward finding out that your fraternal twin of sorts is dating your best friend. And even more awkward that you have unresolved feelings for said friend. Tripp deserves better. Maybe he can transfer to a nice California hospital and be rid of Allie. He should rightly wonder if she'd rather be with her friend.

The actor playing Johnny continues to shine. Wonder how long he will last on the show before being picked up by a CW type show.

So Calista wants $1 million? Really? One of Victor's goons can easily ship her off to parts unknown. Justin, read the room and see that your fiance is uncomfortable with this woman being around all of a sudden.

EJ, you really are cheap. Sami can't spend your money on getting rid of Nicole from Eric's life? Xander earned that payout. He and Gwen are not a good couple.

Chad, why don't you go to Boston to see Abs?

Nice to see Trask again.

• Love 9

I'm still on last week, but I don't see the appeal of Johnny and Chanel at all. I stopped watching last week just because I couldn't take any more of them. Ugh. Johnny is awful so far. I don't know if his over-the-top acting when meeting Paulina was intentional, bad writing, or bad acting, but it was the worst. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm still on last week, but I don't see the appeal of Johnny and Chanel at all. I stopped watching last week just because I couldn't take any more of them. Ugh. Johnny is awful so far. I don't know if his over-the-top acting when meeting Paulina was intentional, bad writing, or bad acting, but it was the worst. 

Actually, I think Johnny is one of the most stronger younger actor that this show has hire in a long time. Under Ron's writing it might not last. Let's hope the acting can overcome the writing. lol

• Love 10

Bad timing having Ciara & Ben going to New Orleans & how great it is going to be, while we are seeing the terrible images from New Orleans & areas around damaged by the Storm.  This is what happens when a show tapes so far in advance. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

This is what happens when a show tapes so far in advance. 

Even back in the day, this would have probably been an issue.  I know hurricanes can be predicted in advance but weeks in advance?

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

Good for Abby for giving Jack and Chad the cold shoulder. Jack talking to Abby on Chad's behalf? Abby should tell him off.

Both dumbasses just want to keep believing in Gwen. So stick with her.

You said it @Artsda!

EJ so obsessed with getting this 1 million back is bizarre.

Yeah, it's not like EJ has millions and millions of $$$ ya know?  Without Xander's one million, EJ could be living on the street!   🙄

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I do like that Abby is blowing off Chad but the fact that she's also blowing off her kids is kinda horrible. Par for the course with her though lol.

Can we fanwank that Abby hasn't seen the kids in person, but has seen them on Zoom (it's been in vogue doncthya know)? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Sidney said:

Actually, I think Johnny is one of the most stronger younger actor that this show has hire in a long time. Under Ron's writing it might not last. Let's hope the acting can overcome the writing. lol

I don't see what's THAT great about him. He has some charisma and his character is slightly entertaining but he's not so impressive for all the fawning over him. Johnny hasn't done anything much except argue with EJ, try to bum money from family members, and flirt with Chanel. MM/Charlie, he was good.

Can we fanwank that Abby hasn't seen the kids in person, but has seen them on Zoom (it's been in vogue doncthya know)? 

That's my fanwank. I get that the show wants to show that Abby is trying to avoid Chad, but they didn't have to take it so far that she hasn't seen the kids, either.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't see what's THAT great about him. He has some charisma and his character is slightly entertaining but he's not so impressive for all the fawning over him. Johnny hasn't done anything much except argue with EJ, try to bum money from family members, and flirt with Chanel. MM/Charlie, he was good.

I think he's getting the praise - partly because he deserves it - but even moreso because so many of the AKTORS (and I use the word as loosely as they do any pretence at skill) are just total shit cans.  Allie???  Trip???  Paulina??  BEN????????????????????????????????????????  Ciara????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pardon my drift.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

That's my fanwank. I get that the show wants to show that Abby is trying to avoid Chad, but they didn't have to take it so far that she hasn't seen the kids, either.

I disagree, the guy has held his own in all the scenes he's been in. Sometimes it takes a while for a new actor to get his footing, but this guy has came out of the gate running. I'm throughly enjoying him.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, boes said:

I think he's getting the praise - partly because he deserves it - but even moreso because so many of the AKTORS (and I use the word as loosely as they do any pretence at skill) are just total shit cans.  Allie???  Trip???  Paulina??  BEN????????????????????????????????????????  Ciara????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pardon my drift.

I think he deserves some praise, but IMO it's over the top. I'll give you some of the actors on that list but, even though it's a bit early to tell, I think Lucas Adams is a way better actor than he is. And as much of a ham as JH is, Paulina has way more charisma than he does.

7 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I disagree, the guy has held his own in all the scenes he's been in. Sometimes it takes a while for a new actor to get his footing, but this guy has came out of the gate running. I'm throughly enjoying him.

Yes, he's held his own. So have some of the other actors. I think the Ciara actress isn't that great, but she was able to hold her own in her scenes with many of the vets, something this Johnny actor has barely had to do. He's mostly been in scenes with the new EJ actor (who isn't a vet) and these younger characters. The only vets he's had a couple of scenes with are Tony and Anna.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think he deserves some praise, but IMO it's over the top. I'll give you some of the actors on that list but, even though it's a bit early to tell, I think Lucas Adams is a way better actor than he is. And as much of a ham as JH is, Paulina has way more charisma than he does.

Yes, he's held his own. So have some of the other actors. I think the Ciara actress isn't that great, but she was able to hold her own in her scenes with many of the vets, something this Johnny actor has barely had to do. He's mostly been in scenes with the new EJ actor (who isn't a vet) and these younger characters. The only vets he's had a couple of scenes with are Tony and Anna.

Well, we'll see where it goes, but so far I'm throughly enjoying him. 🙂

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Philip needs to get his jealousy under control. If he can’t trust Chloe, then he needs to dump her.

True but Philip should be jealous though. Chloe did marry Brady so he should not underestimate Brady and the history that he has with Chloe.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

True but Philip should be jealous though. Chloe did marry Brady so he should not underestimate Brady and the history that he has with Chloe.

Exactly! Wish Philip would dump her, given their history..and Brady is no innocent and thinks himself high above Philip, and he is definitely NOT. He knows exactly what he’s doing and the spoilers played off exactly as thought. Brady deserves a good ass kicking..but of course, the show would never allow that!

No matter how “innocent “ it’s supposed to be, it’s not. Chloe looks, once again, like a flighty, clueless airhead..she should have left Brady on the couch. I’m sick of this shit.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Exactly! Wish Philip would dump her, given their history..and Brady is no innocent and thinks himself high above Philip, and he is definitely NOT. He knows exactly what he’s doing and the spoilers played off exactly as thought. Brady deserves a good ass kicking..but of course, the show would never allow that!

No matter how “innocent “ it’s supposed to be, it’s not. Chloe looks, once again, like a flighty, clueless airhead..she should have left Brady on the couch. I’m sick of this shit.

As much as I love Philip and Chloe, this story just sucks.  Why is it that every writing regime seem to have something against Chloe.  She has gotten atrocious writing over the years..

• Love 7

Allie, it really isn't your business that your twin brother is a player. Chanel is a big girl who can take care of herself. She's not a sweet, innocent girl. Both of them can clue in to who they really are.

I liked Tripp and Ava's dinner. At least she got something to do today. She listened to him, gave him advice, etc.

Belle, stay out of Philip's life. Yes, he is jealous over nothing right now. And going to whereverville is not going to fix that.

How convenient that the plane had a problem, that it landed in some town, that the hotel is being painted and that there are only a couple of rooms available. It looked like the Salem Inn with a different headboard. Brady could sleep on the couch or the floor. There were enough pillows. And seriously, with all the rooms closed for 'painting' there were plenty of extra blankets or a cot around.

The show is shot too far ahead. New Orleans really isn't the best place to go right now.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

How convenient that the plane had a problem, that it landed in some town, that the hotel is being painted and that there are only a couple of rooms availa ble. It looked like the Salem Inn with a different headboard. Brady could sleep on the couch or the floor. There were enough pillows. And seriously, with all the rooms closed for 'painting' there were plenty of extra blankets or a cot around.

Especially since it's only about a 2 hour drive to NYC from Wilkes-Barre.  There was really no excuse to need to stay in a motel.  Also, they're acting like Wilkes-Barre would only have one motel near the airport - it's a fairly big city - population about 40,000 - not like some population 300 small town.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Johnny and Allies fight was interesting.  Jealous, calling out secrets arrogance all traits I expect in Sami’s kids.  

What was missing was Will as the big brother to mediate between them.  This is why I hate that he is not there.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Especially since it's only about a 2 hour drive to NYC from Wilkes-Barre.  There was really no excuse to need to stay in a motel.  Also, they're acting like Wilkes-Barre would only have one motel near the airport - it's a fairly big city - population about 40,000 - not like some population 300 small town.  

Wilkes-Barre has an airport?  😂

The Days writers must have read its Wikipedia page: "AVP is a popular location for diversions."

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I wonder if Brady would talk about how he would never scheme to break up a committed couple in front of Eric and Nicole.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

At least they didn't end up in Murder/Hideout Motel? (That we know of yet.) And yes, they absolutely have the means to hire other transportation even if the drive was longer than a couple of hours. Also, even a Super 8 will have a rollaway cot for extra guests. So ridiculous.

Have the writers just forgotten that Sami was kidnapped?

Edited by RunningMarket
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

At least they didn't end up in Murder/Hideout Motel? (That we know of yet.) And yes, they absolutely have the means to hire other transportation even if the drive was longer than a couple of hours. Also, even a Super 8 will have a rollaway cot for extra guests. So ridiculous.

Have the writers just forgotten that Sami was kidnapped?

And the fact that other people are still out and about eating dinner lets us know that it isn't 2:00 AM where at least they could use the conceit that there are no cars available. 

Given it's supposed to be a motel, I'm surprised they didn't use the Hideout Motel set rather than the Salem Inn set.

Edited by DaphneCat
Whole thoughts are good.
  • Love 2

Anybody else immediately start fastforwarding when Cin started going slow mo and doing voice overs? Or were they smarter than me and had already fastforwarded?

Gee I wonder if Phillip will burst into a locked hotel room and see Broe in bed together?? 

Allie cock blocking her brother was dumb af. I should have skipped that too

Currently only hanging on to this dreck for Jack, Xander and now EJ (cause I loved him as Agron)

• Love 6

The scenes today between Chloe/Philip/Brady had me rolling my eyes: How childish they all acted!  Did Philip bribe the desk clerk to get a key to let himself into the room?!  And then how convenient that Chloe had her arm around Brady(even IF she was asleep)!  So ridiculous.  Meanwhile, Nicole did have some good advice for Allie & I liked Paulina's talk with Chanel.  Rafe & Ava are just Ugh....please Rafe, just admit you want Nicole. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Anybody else immediately start fastforwarding when Cin started going slow mo and doing voice overs? Or were they smarter than me and had already fastforwarded?

I fast forward them the second I see them lol.

I'm on Phillip's side vs. Chloe. Maybe that's anti-feminist but 🤷🏻‍♀️. I want Phillip out of Chloe's orbit tbh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I don't think its anti feminist I mean if the roles were reversed I can't imagine Chloe being chill if Phillip had a similar situation with Belle, Stephanie, Melanie etc.

However this triangle is as bad as I thought it would be which is unfortunate because this is rooted in actual history on this show and both pairings have sizable fanbases. This should be dynamite and instead I want to blow up these characters with dynamite because they all are dumbed down.

Like I said Parker's presence is needed where he hates both Brady and Phillip and wants his mother all to himself.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I fast forward them the second I see them lol.

I'm on Phillip's side vs. Chloe. Maybe that's anti-feminist but 🤷🏻‍♀️. I want Phillip out of Chloe's orbit tbh.

delete

double post ugh 

😄

Edited by Chellfairy
Just now, Chellfairy said:

It’s not anti feminist IMO! I think Brady is more anti-feminist than Philip!  Because Brady has so much testosterone rage, the rescue the girl complex and  the I want what I want and am going to get it  He wants Chloe, but more importantly, he wants to fuck over Philip AGAIN!

Everybody is staring Philip is the jealous guy,  however, Brady  is , as well.

I understand Philips jealously ! He’s right to question Brady’s (and even Chloe’s) motives.

Brady has made some very bad life decisions ..Kristin..then way back with Marlena! And Belle..the accident.-yet all is supposed to be forgiven..yet Philip can’t be ? 

And Fuck Chloe for not accepting Philip’s offer to fly them to NY..and Brady invited, understandably reluctantly. But still  ..

It just occurred to me that Chloe now reminds me of a Bot , like in an Austin Powers Movie!! Anyone concur?  ANYONE??😄

• Love 4
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Parker loves his grandparents and hates everyone else that works for me.

This is why retconning his paternity sucks since as Philip's son that would have connected him to everybody currently on the show.  Parker could have been a mini Victor scheming with his dad against Brady.  Just like Will and Lucas did against EJ.. Kate and Victor could have teamed up against Chloe, reminding the viewers how dynamite Kate and Victor were as a team. 

Give John Aniston one final awesome story with Victor leaving Salem for Greece after putting in place one last wicked scheme and putting the blame all on Kate. The story just writes itself..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7

Jealousy was the topic today.

How dumb of Philip to intrude on a business trip with his girlfriend and her boss. Granted, it wouldn't happen as the boss would probably stay in a better hotel or different floor. Just dumb, dumb, and more dumb. What an embarrassment for a CEO. None of his business at all. What a waste of jet fuel and the pilot's time for someone's little jealousy worm. Ugh.

Yeah, Johnny, your sister knows you. She is a bit jealous of you too. Romancing her best friend. Does she have any say? Nope. Chanel is a big girl with a lot of experience and not some 17 year old innocent type. She can handle Giovanni being a player. At least both of you have a mom figure to talk about it. Chanel's mom liked the money - only Johnny really doesn't have any. Allie is just jealous and may still want Chanel to herself. If she can't have her, no one can. Tripp is just maybe collateral damage or family expectation.

I liked EJ's you are just a rich boy with a phone. Maybe give your son a chance. Perhaps he does have some talent. Or he will indulge himself and realize he won't get anywhere.

Ava, take your bag and go and let Rafe be with Duke. You're better off. Maybe Nicole will start something with EJ and let Rafe deal with his own crap. Why would she want him? Eric the nice guy didn't work out for her.

• Love 3

I liked the Wall of Jericho reference.  Good one, Show.

Why is that digital clock making tiktok sounds?

"If anything can happen, it will in Salem."

Is nobody in that motel going to come in complaining about the noise?

I'd sure like to see Tripp's point of view in this whole thing.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I understand Philips jealously ! He’s right to question Brady’s (and even Chloe’s) motives.

Brady has made some very bad life decisions ..Kristin..then way back with Marlena! And Belle..the accident.-yet all is supposed to be forgiven..yet Philip can’t be ? 

And Fuck Chloe for not accepting Philip’s offer to fly them to NY..and Brady invited, understandably reluctantly. But still  ..

This.  She says she's committed to Philip yet insists she stay and sleep in the same bed as Brady (yes, she supposedly made a bed on the floor, but she didn't tell Philip she was going to do that.)  I'd be pissed that my significant other did not take the option of leaving and staying in a separate room.  That's not Philp being jealous, that's Chloe playing both sides.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

All for this, for different reasons. I like Brady/Chloe. Let Phillip get mixed up with his games with Gabi or bring on a new woman for him.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

This.  She says she's committed to Philip yet insists she stay and sleep in the same bed as Brady (yes, she supposedly made a bed on the floor, but she didn't tell Philip she was going to do that.)  I'd be pissed that my significant other did not take the option of leaving and staying in a separate room.  That's not Philp being jealous, that's Chloe playing both sides.

Especially because of the option to see her son…and parents! God, I wish her parents were back in Salem! They were awesome together. . and thank god Chloe has them to raise Parker. 
Yep, Chloe, the bot, is playing both sides and she’s just using Philip to make Brady jealous, anyway.

@WendyCR72..  I totAlly agree with u on Brady/Chloe.  For different reasons, of course.

They deserve each other. Let them be together, have Kristen find out and roll the dice. Have Philip stay out of it ( no saving Chloe please), even though Brady won’t be able to fill those shoes, either.  Philip needs to lose those losers!
Philip does need to focus on Gabi and Jake and their ridiculousness of the takeover.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why is that digital clock making tiktok sounds?

Hahahaha.! Only to emphasize the time it took Philip to get there and the “innocence” of Chloe rolling over to cuddle Brady 🙄

Tik-Tok ..in walks Philip in all his jealous rage! 😱😄

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 3

For the past few years I wanted Brady and Chloe, but not like this… screwing over Philip and calling him crazy-jealous while actually doing the things he thinks they’re doing. (Cuddling with your ex-husband in bed after repeatedly ditching your boyfriend for said ex-husband is not innocent.)

For a Brady/Chloe story, I would have wanted them to delve into his inability to be alone, the way their last marriage collapsed with Victor basically framing Chloe for Brady’s disappearance, their assorted children, and his psychotic ex. 

I also like Philip/Chloe. For a Philip/Chloe story, I would have liked a revisit of Parker’s paternity, a genuine exploration of trust issues (not where the lack of trust is justified!), and the extent to which Chloe (and her parents) can accept Philip’s darker business dealings.

But instead there’s a triangle I didn’t like the first time that makes all three characters awful. Chloe is an idiot who is treating Philip terribly, when she’s normally a smart, compassionate heroine. Philip is a pathetic also-ran, when he’s normally a powerful, somewhat-noble war vet. And Brady is a manipulative liar being portrayed as a hero... when at his best he actually is a hero.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11