Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Allie and Claire were great today even funny in the holding room while wondering if they can hear them. 

Eli let's real criminals like Gwen go free, but his blood 2 cousins who is trying to help his own other cousin he jails and seems so angry over a broken up wedding. lol  Good for Belle for reminding him of his family.  

Yes? That's all the fortune cookie said. lol Was that what the supposed to be the fans screaming "Yes!" lol If so that's cute. Glad the amnesia is over, it made Theo look horrible trying to trap her so she didn't regain her memories. Ciara was just horrid too. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

Eli let's real criminals like Gwen go free, but his blood 2 cousins who is trying to help his own other cousin he jails and seems so angry over a broken up wedding. lol  Good for Belle for reminding him of his family.  

Unlike his wife, I don't think Eli has let any criminals go free on purpose. I hate Gwen as much as you do, but the times he's had her in custody he had to let her go because there was no proof of her crimes. Claire actually dressed up as a bride in full view of everyone and admitted what she did and Allie, the idiot, had Ciara's phone in her purpose. Cops aren't generally supposed to let people who have committed crimes (no matter the supposed noble intention) go just because they're blood related. Eli was exactly right in not just letting them walk. Besides, he's probably spent way more time with Theo than Claire or Allie, cousins he barely knows.

• Love 4

Eli didn't even make an attempt to investigate anything with Gwen, or even Julie saying she saw the dead Doctor with Gwen and Xander. Julie figured that entire thing out and Eli was head in the clouds doing nothing. Lani lets Kristen go  and she goes and arrests Claire for faking being a bride.

They want to know where Ben went to jog her memory and nobody thought of the cabin? Where's Rafe? Isn't he the commissioner? He would have said cabin instantly since they're close and had heart-to-heart last time there.

• Love 1

I'm hoping Show keeps this "opening door in only a towel" motif going, just mix it up a bit.  Next, I want Julie opening her door with only Doug's ukulele, Abe opening his door in only his suit coat, wet from the shower, Doc opening her door in nothing but some sensible shoes and a clipboard, Ben in nothing but a strait jacket and Rafe caught in a compromising position after a night of passion with his teddy bear.  It couldn't make things anymore ridiculous.

I was so hoping Allie and Claire would already be in Statesville, where Claire can obsessively tell all the inmates about the sooper love between Ben and her niece, the Gorgon, until she gets shoved into a dryer to shut her up.  Meanwhile, Allie can be seen complaining about how tough it is to get any sleep with an infant, or so her Aunt Nicole had told her since she's done all the work.  10 years hard labor or until they both STFU.

Paulina should always share scenes with Lani, because Lani is the only character, other than Julie, who is more grating than her.  JH mugs for the camera so much it should be a felony.

All this talk about a throuple on Show makes me think that rather than Allie, Chanel and Trip, Show really should go with Theo, Ben and Ciara.  Put the three of them on an island together as we watch Ciara drive them completely insane.

Now THAT'S romance!

Is Ron paid in cash for writing this or does he receive his weight in baked beans on a monthly basis?  He's worth every pound.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Eli didn't even make an attempt to investigate anything with Gwen, or even Julie saying she saw the dead Doctor with Gwen and Xander. Julie figured that entire thing out and Eli was head in the clouds doing nothing. Lani lets Kristen go  and she goes and arrests Claire for faking being a bride.

They want to know where Ben went to jog her memory and nobody thought of the cabin? Where's Rafe? Isn't he the commissioner? He would have said cabin instantly since they're close and had heart-to-heart last time there.

Lani (and I actually like her) is definitely a hypocrite, but she didn't arrest Claire for faking being a bride, she was arrested for accessory to kidnapping, which she smugly admitted to. 

I believe Eli did investigate what Julie told him. Yes, he tried to blow her off at first, because she was Julie being Julie and was kind of ranting about things, but once he got her full story he did go and talk to Gwen. I don't remember the timeline exactly, but I think it was after what Julie said that Eli eventually arrested Xander, which is when Sami had to bail him out. 

Rafe can be just as dumb as the rest of the cops. He might be away from this storyline because he would figure it out, or they would have him suddenly have memory loss and not know where Ben would take Ciara, either. People on this show are often as dumb as the writers want them to be at any given time.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, boes said:

I'm hoping Show keeps this "opening door in only a towel" motif going, just mix it up a bit.  Next, I want Julie opening her door with only Doug's ukulele, Abe opening his door in only his suit coat, wet from the shower, Doc opening her door in nothing but some sensible shoes and a clipboard, Ben in nothing but a strait jacket and Rafe caught in a compromising position after a night of passion with his teddy bear.  It couldn't make things anymore ridiculous.

I was so hoping Allie and Claire would already be in Statesville, where Claire can obsessively tell all the inmates about the sooper love between Ben and her niece, the Gorgon, until she gets shoved into a dryer to shut her up.  Meanwhile, Allie can be seen complaining about how tough it is to get any sleep with an infant, or so her Aunt Nicole had told her since she's done all the work.  10 years hard labor or until they both STFU.

Paulina should always share scenes with Lani, because Lani is the only character, other than Julie, who is more grating than her.  JH mugs for the camera so much it should be a felony.

All this talk about a throuple on Show makes me think that rather than Allie, Chanel and Trip, Show really should go with Theo, Ben and Ciara.  Put the three of them on an island together as we watch Ciara drive them completely insane.

Now THAT'S romance!

Is Ron paid in cash for writing this or does he receive his weight in baked beans on a monthly basis?  He's worth every pound.

Indigestion.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

I was so hoping Allie and Claire would already be in Statesville, where Claire can obsessively tell all the inmates about the sooper love between Ben and her niece, the Gorgon, until she gets shoved into a dryer to shut her up.

...her Aunt.

😛

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, buffynut said:

If anyone wants to join me, I'm sitting at a small table over in the corner, smiling over Ciara finally remembering.  If you don't want others to see you, and shame you, feel free to wear a disguise. 😉

Besides any disguise, we'll also need a bulletproof vest  🥺

Edited by MsTree
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

I get what you mean; but Allie and Claire did aid and abet a crime, and someone has to pay, since we know that Ben won't.  I'm actually surprised that the show is acknowledging that what Ben did was kidnapping.  Also, WHERE IS HOPE?!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

Yes, she delivered drugs once for Dr. Snyder (which neither Eli nor the Salem PD knew) and didn't report that Dr. Snyder died of natural causes and helped dispose of the body.  So, yes, she's a criminal, but in the Salem hierarchy there's a really good chance it would all be handwaved away.  And just because Julie said she saw Dr. Snyder at the house, she wasn't giving Eli proof of anything - especially since the autopsy revealed Dr. Snyder died of natural causes.  Eli really didn't have any reason to hold her, especially since most of her "crimes" were really just lying and having an affair.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

God, Allie sucks! She's told she could actually be facing prison time and the only thing she can think to say is to tell Tripp to look out for Henry! That's your job, you stupid moron! Imagine putting some person who you barely know - and their love life - ahead of your child.

Seriously. I mean, at least with Claire I can get it since she's been made into a complete simp for Ben, but like why in the ever loving fuck is Allie as a mother risking going to prison for people she barely even knows?

I's so ridiculous that they will turn anyone into a prop for Ben and Ciara's great love. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

It's just fiction. Calm down. 

I don't know about you, but I watch shows for escapism. No bullet proof vests needed!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

especially since most of her "crimes" were really just lying and having an affair.

Except for the "crimes" of poisoning/assault/attempted murder.

The severity of those probably outweigh all that minor adultery and lying that she does.  But since ALL she does (no job, school, etc.) at the moment is lie to Jack's face about one thing or another and lounge around, it might not.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

Except for the "crimes" of poisoning/assault/attempted murder.

The severity of those probably outweigh all that minor adultery and lying that she does.  But since ALL she does (no job, school, etc.) at the moment is lie to Jack's face about one thing or another and lounge around, it might not.

I actually forgot about that one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I’m here! 

Yay!  I'll get a chair for you.  😀

15 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The weird thing for me was that for as much as I dislike the storyline, I actually got goosebumps when Ciara had that memory flash.  Maybe my brain has been trained to have certain reactions after watching soaps for all of these years.    

If you got goosebumps, imagine how us Cin fans were feeling. 🙂

Love 'em, or hate 'em (which I realize most people do) they are the only young couple right now that has any sort of history that they can use in flashbacks.   

11 hours ago, MsTree said:

LOL.  Hopefully not. 😉

2 hours ago, Damian said:

I don't know about you, but I watch shows for escapism. No bullet proof vests needed!

Yes, it is just fiction.  But from what I've heard (I'm not on social media) some fans have trouble recognizing the line between real life and reel life. 😒

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, she delivered drugs once for Dr. Snyder (which neither Eli nor the Salem PD knew) and didn't report that Dr. Snyder died of natural causes and helped dispose of the body.

And I guess that story just got dropped.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Damn Benjamin, even though I loathe you, sleep with one eye open. That look Theo had at the end...

Gotta love how Paulina (via anonymous tipster) solved the case. Oh, was it today or yesterday where someone hand waved away investigating another crime because the entire Salem PD was "too busy" looking for Ciara? 

I do really like the pairing of Gwen and Xander. They play off each other so well.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Love 'em, or hate 'em (which I realize most people do) they are the only young couple right now that has any sort of history that they can use in flashbacks.   

There might be a lot of hate for them here, but they have plenty of fans elsewhere.

No offense, because I know you're a fan, but the fact that they're the only young couple who has flashbacks to use says more about the crappy writing, and the overabundant focus on this couple, then the strength of CIN.

Speaking of CIN flashbacks, can this please be the last episode that's basically a retrospective for them? They've been together, for what, two or three years, and I feel like this is the third or fourth episode filled with an ode to their love story. There are couples with decades of history that haven't gotten that kind of attention.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Oh, was it today or yesterday where someone hand waved away investigating another crime because the entire Salem PD was "too busy" looking for Ciara? 

It was today (possibly yesterday too.) Xander said they weren't focused on his involvement with Dr. Snyder because they were too busy looking for Ciara. That line made me roll my eyes. The entire department is looking for one person? 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It was today (possibly yesterday too.) Xander said they weren't focused on his involvement with Dr. Snyder because they were too busy looking for Ciara. That line made me roll my eyes. The entire department is looking for one person? 

She's the mayor's prospective daughter in law and the sister of one of their own cops.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, RedElf said:

She's the mayor's prospective daughter in law and the sister of one of their own cops.

No matter who she's related to, she's still one person. Yes, have a few cops looking for her, but the entire department? Even small-town sheriff's departments have more than a couple of cops on the payroll. Not to mention that other than Shawn on a stake-out, no one else was actively out searching. Eli was dealing with Claire and Allie before they were thrown in jail and Lani was just sitting around chatting with her dad. Rafe, the commissioner is nowhere to be found. Plus, I'm sure there are supposed to be other cops that are off-screen. On top of that, it's pathetic that the cabin wasn't the first place they looked. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

No offense, because I know you're a fan, but the fact that they're the only young couple who has flashbacks to use says more about the crappy writing, and the overabundant focus on this couple, then the strength of CIN.

I totally 100% agree.  As an 80's fan, who had our share of super couples to root for, it's appalling that the only similar couple right now is Cin.   At least one of the other younger characters should have a "soul mate".  The closest, I guess, would be Elani, who I like, but know most here don't.

51 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Speaking of CIN flashbacks, can this please be the last episode that's basically a retrospective for them? They've been together, for what, two or three years, and I feel like this is the third or fourth episode filled with an ode to their love story. There are couples with decades of history that haven't gotten that kind of attention.

I can't remember for sure, but I suspect the same would have happened decades ago, when J&J or H&B or S&K were reunited.   But these days the actors change so much, it's harder to have flashbacks.

Speaking of actors changing, one of the best recasts of late is nu-Chanel, who is very much like the original actor.  If anything, I think I might like her better, and that almost never happens.

• Love 5

Although it was sort of sweet that Xander will apparently fall on the sword for Gwen (looks like Xander will say it was HIM being Dr. Snyder's drug mule and he roped Gwen into it, rather than the other way around)....the inevitable question is:  WHY would Gwen help?  What does Gwen get out of it by illegally selling drugs/tossing a dead body into the lake?

Especially, after all Gwen's protestations to Jack that she's changed, will do better, blah, blah, blah.  How will she explain why she helped Xander with "his" criminal activity?!

Guess we'll find out on Monday.

• Love 2

Speaking of being alone in a corner... I'm happy with the balance of the show right now, but what's a guy got to do to get a story for Kayla and Steve? Even a b-story would do. But something. They're on contact. Use them. Please?

• Love 5

Paulina being the one to facilitate finding Ciara is perfection to me. I loved when she was incredulous that Ciara's family had no problem with her marrying a serial killer.

I hope Theo kills Ben. Maybe he can be a really bad shot and accidentally kill Ciara, too. 2 birds, 1 stone.

I enjoy Gwen and Xander together but I struggle to understand why the hell he would take the fall for Gwen. They barely know each other and really don't even like each other that much yet. It really makes no sense. But whatever, I like them so I don't really care lol.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, boes said:

Now THAT'S romance!

Wanted to laugh at this , but it’s so true that I love it!!!!

loving Nu-Chanel ! She straight up tells it like it Is! 

It’s gotta be the beans, with Ron. 

13 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

What a boring episode. I’m so tired of Lani’s tales of woe. 

Lani sucks! Playing “victim”! She’s the one who should be embarrassed..for acting like a DICKHEAD!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Jack's speech makes no sense middle class respectability? Erm the Hortons are wealthy so where is this middle class coming from(although these days they look like middle class with how cheap Days looks but I digress).

I also find it funny this bothers him but not everything else Gwen has done.  This also falls flat when JJ was a drug dealer himself(and I miss those days with him). The story would've been a lot more interesting if this was JJ instead of Xander/Gwen tbh. JJ being jaded over life after watching his girlfriends die and Laura's death etc goes back to his old ways and takes up drug dealing with Dr. Snyder then gets in over his head when he realizes how this would have affected Kayla's job(as Kayla has always been a soft spot for him).

A storyline that could've connected Jack/Steve/Kayla together that I might've liked. 

However Ron is writing this and JJ is better off away from this show so this might make a better fanfic instead.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

However Ron is writing this and JJ is better off away from this show so this might make a better fanfic instead.

It's been looooong past time I concurred with so many others that it's a FAR BETTER thing that JJ is nowhere near the ludicrous story-lines involving Gwen.  Thankfully, the character was spared that (even though it made ZERO sense he wasn't around given the implications of Gwen's existence AND her dastardly deeds towards the Devereaux family).

• Love 8
4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Damn Benjamin, even though I loathe you, sleep with one eye open. That look Theo had at the end...

Awesome! Theo can kill SERIAL KILLER!, claim temporary insanity, and forever be beloved by the rest of Salem! It worked for Ben!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

What a boring episode. I’m so tired of Lani’s tales of woe. 

I am just tired of Lani period.  What a hateful troll!  Her treatment of Paulina the other day was just low.. Go away Lani and leave that beautiful husband of yours so we can continue to look at him...

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Paulina being the one to facilitate finding Ciara is perfection to me. I loved when she was incredulous that Ciara's family had no problem with her marrying a serial killer.

This is why I love Paulina flaws and all, I get why she makes some people uncomfortable but her reaction to Cin is why she is a keeper for me..

• Love 10
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'd be up for one more if it was a tribute at their joint memorial service.

Drinks all around!

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

Mammoth Falls?  Is that a new place we've never heard of?

Ha.  I was wrong about the Snyder story having been dropped.

"Mammoth Fails" would be a good title for Ron C's autobiography.

• LOL 10
21 minutes ago, boes said:

I'd be up for one more if it was a tribute at their joint memorial service.

Drinks all around!

And it's so galling because Ciara is Bo and Hope's child! I'm glad Bo is dead so as to never kiss SERIAL KILLER'S ass. Ditto Hope becoming persona non grata. I'd leave, too.

• Love 9

I also didn't get Lani's tale of woes with Aunt Paulina making promises to her that she didn't keep. Maybe there wasn't any money to take her to Paris, maybe her parents said no. Suuuuure, tell all the school kids. Grow up, make your own money and visit Paris. And no, Abe, if Paulina wants Lani to know about her life, it is her story to tell.

Paying $100,000 for that kind of anonymous tip? Wow. Folks would do it for $10,000 or less. Ciara Brady is not royalty or some sort of celebrity.

Yeah, Xander, the Salem PD will put a priority on finding a recently kidnapped citizen over your and Gwen's shenanigans. Why take the fall for her? Be honest, say that the doctor was blackmailing her and that he had a heart attack. She'd been in trouble before with Dr. Laura dying on her and she was thinking she'd be seen as a people killer. Just really bad optics.

Xander, you do not have any shame. Just what is left of the million bucks you got from Sami.

At least Steve put some stuff together.

Awww, Ciara is back to being a different version of insufferable self. Someone should pay for the waste of police resources to look for her. Thought Theo had designs on killing Ben - for taking the girl he thought was his. He did let her go for too long.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Damian said:

Wow man...join the club! I've been saying this for several years now 😜

P.S. Nice parrot

Edited by MsTree
22 hours ago, drtslim said:

I get what you mean; but Allie and Claire did aid and abet a crime, and someone has to pay, since we know that Ben won't.  I'm actually surprised that the show is acknowledging that what Ben did was kidnapping.  Also, WHERE IS HOPE?!

They need to recast Hope!!

10 hours ago, RedElf said:

Paulina told him that she had been raped.

Oh wow, big mouth, Abe. That is not a story that is yours to tell. Wow. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Jack's speech makes no sense middle class respectability? Erm the Hortons are wealthy so where is this middle class coming from(although these days they look like middle class with how cheap Days looks but I digress).

I also find it funny this bothers him but not everything else Gwen has done.  This also falls flat when JJ was a drug dealer himself(and I miss those days with him). The story would've been a lot more interesting if this was JJ instead of Xander/Gwen tbh. JJ being jaded over life after watching his girlfriends die and Laura's death etc goes back to his old ways and takes up drug dealing with Dr. Snyder then gets in over his head when he realizes how this would have affected Kayla's job(as Kayla has always been a soft spot for him).

A storyline that could've connected Jack/Steve/Kayla together that I might've liked. 

Right, middle class my ass! 
Agree, Jacks other children, especially Abbie are/were far worse than Gwen & they grew up in privilege. 

12 hours ago, ajs1615 said:

Speaking of being alone in a corner... I'm happy with the balance of the show right now, but what's a guy got to do to get a story for Kayla and Steve? Even a b-story would do. But something. They're on contact. Use them. Please?

Pretty much like real life. You start to be discarded when you get older. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

No matter who she's related to, she's still one person. Yes, have a few cops looking for her, but the entire department? Even small-town sheriff's departments have more than a couple of cops on the payroll. Not to mention that other than Shawn on a stake-out, no one else was actively out searching. Eli was dealing with Claire and Allie before they were thrown in jail and Lani was just sitting around chatting with her dad. Rafe, the commissioner is nowhere to be found. Plus, I'm sure there are supposed to be other cops that are off-screen. On top of that, it's pathetic that the cabin wasn't the first place they looked. 

It’s moronic& borderline negligent ( wrong word, having a senior moment) and that the cabin was not the first place they looked. Shawn you are an idiot. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Gotta love how Paulina (via anonymous tipster) solved the case. Oh, was it today or yesterday where someone hand waved away investigating another crime because the entire Salem PD was "too busy" looking for Ciara? 

I do really like the pairing of Gwen and Xander. They play off each other so well.

First time I softened to Paulina.  Let’s keep her redemption going.  She could be great. 
love Gwen & Xander also, great chemistry .

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Paying $100,000 for that kind of anonymous tip? Wow. Folks would do it for $10,000 or less. Ciara Brady is not royalty or some sort of celebrity.

Haha! $10,000? Really?  How about -zero.  When EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE in Salem should have known where they’d be! They all know CIN luv story. So ridiculously, insanely stupid, that SPD couldn’t figure it out ..even before it happened. I just don’t t get it. Especially Rafe, the brick…obviously being bricky again. No way Eli and Shawn Douglas didn’t let him know. He’s the fucking head of the whole department.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

No way Eli and Shawn Douglas didn’t let him know. He’s the fucking head of the whole department.  

Right - and there is no way either of those two should have been on the case at all, if there were any other cops in Salem.

• Love 6