Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Another Cin free day yay!

I'm too old for Allie, Tripp, Johnny and Chanel so skipped all that. Loved seeing John and EJ. Hopefully nobody who knows Sami believes that text. 

Don't care about any of the Lani paternity rewrite so skipped that too with a few peeks at Marla Gibbs. She is 90!! Amazing!

• Love 3

I think Olivia is wrong to stop Paulina from telling Lani the truth about being her mother. 

First of all, Lani is at least 30 something and a mother herself. The reason Paulina kept quiet was to protect Lani. That doesn't take away the relationship Lani has with Tamara nor the one that she built with Abe when she mistakenly assumed that he was her father. Lani is not a child and should able to hear the truth.

I am with EJ. Johnny sounded completely flaky regarding his filmmaking. On his phone. Being inspired by pretentious films. And then asking Daddy to be his backer.

Maybe if Johnny had actually gone to film school. Or maybe if Johnny said that he got some experience working with some film crews. Or even if he told EJ the plot of his upcoming movie project. 

However, the relationship EJ and Johnny had years earlier had shown him to be indulgent of his son's interest even that period of time when Johnny was running around in that FBI jacket from Rafe. EJ hated the jacket but he knew how much Johnny loved it.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I am with EJ. Johnny sounded completely flaky regarding his filmmaking. On his phone. Being inspired by pretentious films. And then asking Daddy to be his backer.

Maybe if Johnny had actually gone to film school. Or maybe if Johnny said that he got some experience working with some film crews. Or even if he told EJ the plot of his upcoming movie project. 

It's obviously a new things he's into - and maybe the interest won't last - but it's something he's passionate about now and EJ dismissed it so easily. Yeah, Johnny didn't tell him specifics about his project, but EJ didn't ask. No, he didn't go to film school, but it's something EJ could have brought up. If this is something you're really passionate about, I'll pay for film school. Instead, he made it seem like making films was beneath him, beneath a DiMera.

Unlike Paulina when she cut off Chanel, it doesn't seem like EJ wants to cut Johnny off because he wants him to be self-sufficient. While he criticized him about bumming around Europe, he seemed like he was fine paying for that, but once he came back and said he wanted to make films and defied him, now he's cut off. He only wants Johnny to do what he wants him to do.

• Love 2

Johnny made shorts on his phone and is asking EJ for filmmaking money.  If he has asked for schooling or even equipment to learn, I think EJ would take him more seriously.

" I don't need your money I'll ask mom." Where does Johnny think Sami's money comes from? Lol 

I liked how bluntly he told Johnny the truth about Sami cheating. No sugar coating.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Johnny made shorts on his phone and is asking EJ for filmmaking money.  If he has asked for schooling or even equipment to learn, I think EJ would take him more seriously.

" I don't need your money I'll ask mom." Where does Johnny think Sami's money comes from? Lol 

Like Johnny said, making films on your phone isn't necessarily a bad thing. It doesn't mean you're not serious about it. And again, EJ could have talked about film school. He could have told Johnny he didn't want to invest in his movie, but he would be willing to discuss film school. Instead he dismissed the idea of him making films out of hand as being beneath any son of his and instead tried to force him into being a part of the family "legacy."

I think Sami is supposed to have her own money. DIdn't she steal a lot of money from the DiMeras years ago before she left? And, I don't believe she asked EJ when she took the million dollars to pay off Xander, so if she wanted to, I think she could give Johnny money without EJ's permission.

• Love 3

She doesn't have the money now since she couldn't pay the ransom without EJs approval. The million to Xander recently was also from joint account.

Sami has no job and the stolen money was Dimera money.

Edited by Artsda
20 minutes ago, Artsda said:

She doesn't have the money now since she couldn't pay the ransom without EJs approval. The million to Xander recently was also from joint account.

The money wasn't stolen. EJ left her a letter with instructions how she will be able to acquire those funds for her and the children. Stefano and Andre had Sami kidnapped but she escaped and disappeared with the money. Maybe instead of kidnapping Sami, they should have alerted her that EJ was alive and she wouldn't have bothered with what she thought were EJ's last request.

• Useful 1
44 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I think with the ransom there's a certain amount she couldn't access without EJ's permission, but she doesn't need his permission every time. Obviously, she can get money on her own since she didn't ask EJ for permission for Xander's payoff. Sami's not a total idiot. I'm sure she has her own money she can access. It's Sami - if she wanted to finance Johnny's movie she'd find some way, EJ or no EJ.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Another Cin free day yay!

I'm too old for Allie, Tripp, Johnny and Chanel so skipped all that. Loved seeing John and EJ. Hopefully nobody who knows Sami believes that text. 

Don't care about any of the Lani paternity rewrite so skipped that too with a few peeks at Marla Gibbs. She is 90!! Amazing!

Same! 
Especially Lani..hopefully NOT a DiMera..but whatever!

Marla Gibbs is pure gold and wish she’d have a permanent role ion Days!  She’s stunningly amazing!!  
Her spunky energy make Tripp and Allie look even  more lack luster than they already seem.

• Love 4

Film school is a huge moneymaker for some colleges and universities. Attracts the rich kids with money to burn. Johnny could have signed up for some real continuing education classes or even applied to a program. Dad would easily pay for that kind of indulgence. He comes across as pretentious and a fan of art films that few people see. Good luck to him. You probably can shoot a short film on a phone.

And dad cut off his credit card? LOL. Poor Chanel. A bit of karma. Wait til she finds out he's Allie's 'twin'.

At least EJ told him the truth about his mother.

Sami is now missing. How convenient that Marlena got a text from Sami. Hmmm.

Marla Gibbs continues to shine and lifts up the other actors around her. Lani is in her 30s and not 21 years old. She may forgive her aunt, or maybe not. She is old enough to see a different side of the story.

Not interested in Allie or Tripp. Yawn.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think Olivia is wrong to stop Paulina from telling Lani the truth about being her mother. 

First of all, Lani is at least 30 something and a mother herself. The reason Paulina kept quiet was to protect Lani. That doesn't take away the relationship Lani has with Tamara nor the one that she built with Abe when she mistakenly assumed that he was her father. Lani is not a child and should able to hear the truth.

However, the relationship EJ and Johnny had years earlier had shown him to be indulgent of his son's interest even that period of time when Johnny was running around in that FBI jacket from Rafe. EJ hated the jacket but he knew how much Johnny loved it.

I agree, and it’s too soon to say..but seems like he’s scamming/taking advantage , etc,  I kind of feel EJ was being a good father questioning his son suddenly showing up, telling him his dream but needing funds. Hopefully they can work it out ….but we’re talking DiMera’s here soooo 😱

Also, I absolutely agree with Paulina telling Lani the truth !!  Lani’s a boorish prude,  but an adult . Plus, with all her entitled bitterness about “Auntie Paulina” making false promises about Paris…it needs to be told. She’s a cop, for heaven’s sake, isn’t that her job…FACTS.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I do buy that EJ would be a big enough snob to consider filmmaking beneath his son. Screw you, elitist ass!

I wondered if EJ had once lived out a similar scenario with Stefano, where he had some aspirations Stefano didn’t approve of and Stefano insisted that EJ came to work for The Company. 

Olivia’s emotional blackmail of Paulina was fascinating.  Surely there will be plenty of hurt feelings to go around if Paulina reveals the truth but all involved are adults, and there’s no reason to believe the truth would be insurmountable for any of them.  And yet, Olivia played on her daughter’s fears and insecurities to maintain the status quo.  Interesting.  

I liked Johnny.  I appreciated the energy the actor brought to his scenes, and I thought he did a good job for his first day on the set.  I’m kinda hoping he’s a Mama’s Boy, as the show hasn’t done much with exploring the different dynamics Sami has with her kids.  

Did Orpheus escape Stateville again?  I’m sure Those Writers! are just toying with us making it seem like it could be EJ who kidnapped Sami, just like they did when it was made to look like EJ knew about Sami and Lucas.  But I can’t think of anyone else who’d want her.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Watched the last 3 episodes, so my thoughts are kind of all over the place:

Excuse me, Holly is opening the front door and letting people in to the apartment?? Holly, who is like 4 years old? Okay.

I like that they showed Nicole as a crying hot mess unable to get out of bed. At least that's realistic after a break up. I hate that that normal reaction is rarely shown on soaps. AZ is such a great crier that even when she's ugly crying she still manages to look gorgeous. 

I think Jack just made an enemy of Xander, which sucks because I liked their unlikely friendship. I wish I could believe Jack is choosing to believe Xander roped Gwen into the Dr. Snyder mess because he's still trying to fool himself about what his daughter is really like; but I really think he's just an idiot and does honestly believe Xander is to blame for everything. 

I LOVE Marla Gibbs's Olivia, and I think she and Jackee Harry are having a blast working together again and it shows onscreen. I literally LOLed when Paulina said something like "if I lie again, may God strike my Mama dead." The exposition was clunky regarding Paulina's past but I get that it was necessary to get the storyline moving. I don't think "Ray" being Lani's bio father is as cut and dry as it seems. Is he dead? I may have missed what happened to him. If he's dead, I don't think he'll stay as Lani's father. Where would the drama be in that?

I like Johnny so far. I laughed at his line to EJ: "I don't need your money, I'll just ask Mom." Way to be an independent adult there, Johnny. I liked his chemistry with Chanel; actually I think the actor is pretty good and natural for a young soap actor. I instantly prefer Chanel with Johnny than with the boring Allie.

Tripp, you're an idiot for staying with Allie. It's clear she and Chanel still have unfinished business and he is headed for heartbreak. I like Tripp, so I would prefer he end up with someone who actually wants him. Besides, I think half of what pulls him towards Allie is Henry.

They're making EJ out to be guilty for Sami's disappearance with John confronting him and him putting his phone away just as Allie & Marlena got the text from "Sami". And, honestly, I can't think of anyone who would kidnap Sami other than EJ. However, that's far too obvious so I assume someone else has her, and I wonder who?

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I wondered if EJ had once lived out a similar scenario with Stefano, where he had some aspirations Stefano didn’t approve of and Stefano insisted that EJ came to work for The Company. 

EJ spent years as EJ Wells, world famous Formula 1 Racecar Driver.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I think Jack just made an enemy of Xander, which sucks because I liked their unlikely friendship. I wish I could believe Jack is choosing to believe Xander roped Gwen into the Dr. Snyder mess because he's still trying to fool himself about what his daughter is really like; but I really think he's just an idiot and does honestly believe Xander is to blame for everything. 

Another thing Gwen ruined. God, I despise her useless boring ass. Wish Snyder had killed her instead of the other way around - and have it come out that Gwen being Jack's spawn was a con. This is the ONE time I'd forgive and forget where Ron's retcon mania is concerned, if that happened.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Another thing Gwen ruined. God, I despise her useless boring ass. Wish Snyder had killed her instead of the other way around - and have it come out that Gwen being Jack's spawn was a con. This is the ONE time I'd forgive and forget where Ron's retcon mania is concerned, if that happened.

I don't dislike Gwen, I just dislike the whole Jack's daughter bit.  It's making him far too stupid.  She was pretty interesting when she showed up and was simply wreaking havoc on people's lives.  Now all she does is sit around and whine about how she can't lose Jack as her father - any edge she had is totally gone.  She didn't need to be his child to want to cause problems for Abigail.  She could have hated Abby because Abby took her parking space one day for all I care.  

• Love 9

Gwen can leave and take Lani, Paulina, Ben, Rafe and Jake with her. Divide those salaries among the other characters and use the rest to build more sets.

Johnny can stay. Liked him quite a bit. Chanel too.

...so when did Sami vanish? Missed that episode. 

Liking NuEJ a bit more but he needs to build connections and chemistry with other characters. I thought his name stood for Elvis Jr.....not John.

Really liked John restraining himself and walking out on EJ. I'm so glad he secretly hates him and went Papa Bear over Sami being missing. Go John! Just a cool smile and calm demeanor. So much better than STF acting.

I skipped the Paulina crap. Poor Abe. Poor us!

What on earth were those robotic "baby sounds" I heard being played as Henry's voice? What is he - a fax machine?

I wish Jarlena were permitted to show some glee over Lucas making headway with Sami after all these years. Aren't they rooting for them?

It's like the show views Lucas as trouble...when EJ is the real nightmare guy. Thankful Philip is shipping them, at least. Wonder what Kate would think.

How has neither Roman nor Doc gone to Africa to check on Eric???

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

EJ spent years as EJ Wells, world famous Formula 1 Racecar Driver.

Am I imaging things, but wasn't there a time EJ was the "fist clenching/pumping" nefarious black glove? Wasn't that his first introduction to Salem?

I have vague memories of EJ as a race car driver, but I'm surprised they dipped back into this well when they reintroduced grown up Stephanie Johnson, first played by one of the actors on the kid tv show The Fresh Beat Band (I kid you not!). I only recognized her because my kids were of the age they watched that show, so when the actress popped up on DOOL, I recognized her as "Marina".

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

Excuse me, Holly is opening the front door and letting people in to the apartment?? Holly, who is like 4 years old? Okay.

I like that they showed Nicole as a crying hot mess unable to get out of bed. At least that's realistic after a break up. I hate that that normal reaction is rarely shown on soaps. AZ is such a great crier that even when she's ugly crying she still manages to look gorgeous. 

I though the last actress who played Holly wasn't that young. I don't remember how old she was, but I thought it had to be older than that, then again I'm horrible with ages.

Agreed. Finally a realistic reaction.

1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

I LOVE Marla Gibbs's Olivia, and I think she and Jackee Harry are having a blast working together again and it shows onscreen. I literally LOLed when Paulina said something like "if I lie again, may God strike my Mama dead."

That line was priceless as was Olivia's reaction.

2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I never bought the Jack/Xander friendship, so don't really care if it's been tarnished - for now. I don't know if Jack made an enemy. Xander knew Jack would be pissed and decided to fall on his sword for Gwen anyway. I think Jack is, in general, being an idiot when it comes to Gwen, but I can see him believing Xander is mostly responsible because this is the kind of thing Xander would do, plus a lot of the worst impulses (like dumping the body) were Xander's idea. 

2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Tripp, you're an idiot for staying with Allie. It's clear she and Chanel still have unfinished business and he is headed for heartbreak. I like Tripp, so I would prefer he end up with someone who actually wants him. Besides, I think half of what pulls him towards Allie is Henry.

He deserves better than constantly being the third wheel.

22 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wish Jarlena were permitted to show some glee over Lucas making headway with Sami after all these years. Aren't they rooting for them?

I know! I don't know why they were wringing their hands over the marriage being over. They should be thrilled not to have to deal with EJ anymore, especially when they can so easily believe he'd hurt Sami if she crossed him.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Did Orpheus escape Stateville again?  I’m sure Those Writers! are just toying with us making it seem like it could be EJ who kidnapped Sami, just like they did when it was made to look like EJ knew about Sami and Lucas.  But I can’t think of anyone else who’d want her.  

My thought is Kristin, since she was talking to EJ just before the kidnapping.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I liked Johnny.  I appreciated the energy the actor brought to his scenes, and I thought he did a good job for his first day on the set.  I’m kinda hoping he’s a Mama’s Boy, as the show hasn’t done much with exploring the different dynamics Sami has with her kids.  

I hope Johnny adores his mom and gets a kick  out of her scheming ways. The show is only interested in writing Sami as a bad neglectful mother and her kids hating her. It is so tiresome and lazy.  It makes sense that Will has had a complicated relationship with Sami.  I hate how Allie treated her mom like crap.  It is why I cannot stand her in addition to her being played by a bland lifeless actress.

Has the show mentioned Sydney?  What is up with her?  I always envisioned her to be a hybrid of EJ and Sami so she should have been the one who came to Salem pregnant and not Allie.. Not to mention, Sydney forming a bond with Nicole, pushing Sami over the edge.  The history was there but Ron chose the wrong daughter to reignite the Nicole/Sami feud.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12

Of all of Sami's kids so far that we've seen on screen Johnny is already my favorite not sure how long that will last. I also like him and Chanel I rather they go with these two and forget about Allie entirely. 

I also get the feeling Tripp may end up being written off later in the year he seems out of place and very little direction reminds me of when Casey/JJ was written off the show. I think it would be for the best and I don't really hate Tripp either but the show should stick to characters they want to write for he clearly isn't one of them.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I also get the feeling Tripp may end up being written off later in the year he seems out of place and very little direction reminds me of when Casey/JJ was written off the show. I think it would be for the best and I don't really hate Tripp either but the show should stick to characters they want to write for he clearly isn't one of them.

Tripp should have never existed in the first place just like swamp fetus. He is a Dena creation and the spawn of Ava so that is enough for me to dislike him. Anybody who messes with Kayla is trash in my book.  I will concede that the actor is pretty good though and he should have been Joey Johnson or Joey Kiriakis who are real legacy children with ties to the show via their families..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I don't dislike Gwen, I just dislike the whole Jack's daughter bit.  It's making him far too stupid.  She was pretty interesting when she showed up and was simply wreaking havoc on people's lives.  Now all she does is sit around and whine about how she can't lose Jack as her father - any edge she had is totally gone.  She didn't need to be his child to want to cause problems for Abigail.  She could have hated Abby because Abby took her parking space one day for all I care.  

This! She was an interesting Nanny and I had no problem with Gwen fucking with “Abigail- who -can -do- no wrong”, even though she’s just as vile and conniving. As far as Gwen being Jack’s daughter, I can even …almost be ok with that if they had Jack not insist on all or nothing with his two daughters. The pregnancy thing was just dumb…they should have had Abigail trying to stop Gwen from going upstairs be the reason she miscarried. Because bringing in Doc Snyder, only for him to be gone too soon, infuriates me. They could use some of Snyder around.

I agree, this storyline is making Jack look like a complete idiot, but it’s also dumbing Gwen down, when she used to be pretty quick witted, like her father, unlike her half sister.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Tripp should have never existed in the first place just like swamp fetus. He is a Dena creation and the spawn of Ava so that is enough for me to dislike him. Anybody who messes with Kayla is trash in my book.  I will concede that the actor is pretty good though and he should have been Joey Johnson or Joey Kiriakis who are real legacy children with ties to the show via their families..

I would've gone for him being Benjy Hawk where he would still be connected to Steve/Kayla without wrecking their history. However Tripp had potential at first and was DOA because they never thought this character through and no writer really has an interest in him. Ron seems interested in him because he's Ava's kid.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Agree. Tripp is a useless character..very boring, and I also, unfortunately, despise his name! “Tripp”  WTF!

I wasn’t watching when he was first introduced with this actor, so since I can’t stand the character/his storyline(s)..I’m not keen on the actor.

However..It would have been cool if they brought him back as Johnny D..or Joey K.
I’d give that a whirl..
But Trippy just isn’t working out. 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Agree. Tripp is a useless character..and unfortunately I despise his name “Tripp”  I wasn’t watching when he was first introduced with this actor, so since I can’t stand the character/his storyline(s)..I’m not keen on the actor.

However..it’d would have been cool if they brought him back as Johnny D..or Joey K.  
But Trippy just isn’t working out. 

Lucas Adams is actually a decent actor and sold his storyline when he was written as grey. It’s when they turned him into a goody two-shoes doctor that he started to suck. Now, since he has no personality, I wouldn’t mind him going.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The show is only interested in writing Sami as a bad neglectful mother and her kids hating her. It is so tiresome and lazy.

I don’t see Sami as a bad, neglectful mother, and I think Alison Sweeney has always been convincing at having a strong love for her children, but I can see why any, or all, of her children have personality conflicts with her.  Sami is a narcissist to her core, and those are difficult personalities to deal with, likely being all the more challenging to have one as a mother.  Not to mention the number of times she uprooted them in her quest to find EJ.  It would be nice if Johnnie is enough like Sami that he has less conflicts with her than Allie does/did.  Actually, I’m a little disappointed the writers have sidelined Allie and Sami’s thorny relationship.

EJ, Chad and Johnnie having a little family meeting DiMera-style was good fun.  Dan Feuerriegel is kinda scary as Pissed Off EJ.  

I feel bad for Lucas Adams.  He was doing some good work when he first returned but whining around about whether Allie likes him or not seems so boring.  It’s definitely boring to watch.

Thank you, Theo, for taking Claire with you.  I hope you don’t have to listen to her talk about Ben and Ci-Air-A all of the time.  XOXO

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 8

EJ sure acted like an angry dad. Yeah, support your son but not his hare-brained ideas. Maybe take a look at some of his 'movies' or arrange a meeting with a film professor at Salem U to see if he has any actual, er, talent. Uncle Chad isn't the best person, either. Johnny, you can go and sulk and eat some croissants.

I would not be sending someone a shirtless pic of me - especially if I just met that person the previous day. I would be a bit turned off receiving it. Granted, I am not in my early 20s. A fully clothed picture - for now. No idea if the girl I met is obsessive or anything. 

I liked Chanel's outfit.

Yay, Theo for taking the high road, accepting your friend's apology, and knowing that your dream could crash and burn. How convenient that a job would just open up for Claire. You'd think you'd hire someone local who knows the target. But if Claire is an 'influencer', she may be okay for the job. And it gets her out of town.

One cannot live on soy sauce alone. At least Ben did admit that Claire kissed him. He and Ciara are now boring. Wonder how long they will last until the actress takes off again.

Tripp, you are too decent a guy. Allie will probably find you too boring. Maybe you can transfer to a hospital in California or something.

How much fun it will be when Allie realizes that Chanel is interested in her twin!

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I don’t see Sami as a bad, neglectful mother, and I think Alison Sweeney has always been convincing at having a strong love for her children, but I can see why any, or all, of her children have personality conflicts with her.  Sami is a narcissist to her core, and those are difficult personalities to deal with, likely being all the more challenging to have one as a mother.  Not to mention the number of times she uprooted them in her quest to find EJ.  It would be nice if Johnnie is enough like Sami that he has less conflicts with her than Allie does/did.  Actually, I’m a little disappointed the writers have sidelined Allie and Sami’s thorny relationship.

Narcissistic mothers will single out one child to abuse with their pathology, I have yet to see Sami do that with any or her kids. I think that she is selfish, impulsive and that may harm her kids. I just wanted Sami to have grown from her experience with Will to have given her other children what she could not give Will. 

The show is obsessed with keeping her in hurricane Sami mode that she was in the 90's.  I remember after JER left the first time, she started to mature while keeping her edge.  She made a tentative peace with Carrie, she got along with Jarlena , stopped obsessing over Austin and had other relationships with other men. As soon as JER came back, she went right back to hating Jarlena, obsessing over Austin, being jealous and hating Carrie.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

EJ sure acted like an angry dad. Yeah, support your son but not his hare-brained ideas. Maybe take a look at some of his 'movies' or arrange a meeting with a film professor at Salem U to see if he has any actual, er, talent. Uncle Chad isn't the best person, either.

Some legitimate Hollywood directors (like Steven Soderbergh) and actors (like Sir Ian McKellen) are actually making movies using phones so it isn't as out there of an idea as EJ seems to think it is.  I'm old and I knew that, I'm surprised someone younger could be so out of the loop.  However, EJ really should have at least looked at them or, like you say, had a professional evaluate them.  I can see why Johnny would be pissed that EJ just dismissed his idea out of hand.  For your father to simply assume you have no talent, or alternatively, that it doesn't matter if he did have talent because EJ isn't going to support him anyway simply because it isn't what EJ wants him to do is pretty harsh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

EJ sure acted like an angry dad. Yeah, support your son but not his hare-brained ideas. Maybe take a look at some of his 'movies' or arrange a meeting with a film professor at Salem U to see if he has any actual, er, talent. Uncle Chad isn't the best person, either. Johnny, you can go and sulk and eat some croissants.

I would not be sending someone a shirtless pic of me - especially if I just met that person the previous day. I would be a bit turned off receiving it. Granted, I am not in my early 20s. A fully clothed picture - for now. No idea if the girl I met is obsessive or anything. 

I liked Chanel's outfit.

Yay, Theo for taking the high road, accepting your friend's apology, and knowing that your dream could crash and burn. How convenient that a job would just open up for Claire. You'd think you'd hire someone local who knows the target. But if Claire is an 'influencer', she may be okay for the job. And it gets her out of town.

One cannot live on soy sauce alone. At least Ben did admit that Claire kissed him. He and Ciara are now boring. Wonder how long they will last until the actress takes off again.

Tripp, you are too decent a guy. Allie will probably find you too boring. Maybe you can transfer to a hospital in California or something.

How much fun it will be when Allie realizes that Chanel is interested in her twin!

Yeah, this actor does a great angry dad..I liked it, lol and let’s face it..He wants his son in the biz…no “hair-brained” embarrassing self indulgent movies for my son, idea.

However, I do hope EJ comes around. Get rid of CIN, and there’s loads of time to see that relationship grow.

Nope. I could do without the shirtless pics, even if I was in my 20’s. 
Also loved Chanel’s outfit. I’m liking nu-Chanel..so far so good ..ant can not wait to see Allie’s reaction. Hope that gives her a shock to the heart and maybe spark a little life in her..since Tripp can’t do it.

Poor Theo..the spectacular “influencer” just influenced you right in to your biz!

maybe they will bond over their obsession Claire w/Ben ..Theo/Ciara..and comfort each other !!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I feel bad for Lucas Adams.  He was doing some good work when he first returned but whining around about whether Allie likes him or not seems so boring.  It’s definitely boring to watch.

You don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression. Although Lucas Adams has played the role of Tripp far longer than the role he played on the Disney show Liv & Maddie, I still think of him as "Josh" before I think of Tripp.  (Yes, blame my kids for yet another DOOL actor I first saw on a kiddie show)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Yeah, this actor does a great angry dad..I liked it, lol and let’s face it..He wants his son in the biz…no “hair-brained” embarrassing self indulgent movies for my son, idea.

However, I do hope EJ comes around. Get rid of CIN, and there’s loads of time to see that relationship grow.

Nope. I could do without the shirtless pics, even if I was in my 20’s. 
Also loved Chanel’s outfit. I’m liking nu-Chanel..so far so good ..ant can not wait to see Allie’s reaction. Hope that gives her a shock to the heart and maybe spark a little life in her..since Tripp can’t do it.

Poor Theo..the spectacular “influencer” just influenced you right in to your biz!

maybe they will bond over their obsession Claire w/Ben ..Theo/Ciara..and comfort each other !!

I would save the shirtless and other pics of me until I was actually dating the person. Not be so open with someone you have known for all of 1.5 minutes. Have some mystery about yourself.

EJ and the marketing folks can look at some of Johnny’s work and see if there is a possibility of doing some in-house stuff.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

And ... they're married again.  😁

Sorry to see Claire leave Salem, especially with her parents still in town, but at least she's going to have a job and life of her own. Too bad that couldn't have happened without her having to move away.  But obviously the writers were tired of the character.

Really like the actor playing Johnny.  For a newcomer, he's fitting in really well with the other actors.

Since I didn't really know original-EJ, I'm not comparing nu-EJ to him, so I'm enjoying this actor's portrayal of the character.  It feels like he's a lit fuse though, and an explosion is never far off from happening.  Was original-EJ the same way?

Wonder if they're going to pair Nicole with EJ?  I didn't know till today that they'd been married.  I think they'd be a better /more interesting pairing, than Rafe and Nicole.

So ... upthread someone posted that Ava was responsible for killing 5 people, including grandpa Shawn Brady.  Question to those who hate Ben being normalized by all of Salem, despite him being a serial killer.  Do you feel the same way about Ava?

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Has the show mentioned Sydney?  What is up with her?  I always envisioned her to be a hybrid of EJ and Sami so she should have been the one who came to Salem pregnant and not Allie.. Not to mention, Sydney forming a bond with Nicole, pushing Sami over the edge.  The history was there but Ron chose the wrong daughter to reignite the Nicole/Sami feud.

Nicole/Sydney bonding would really bring out Hurricane Sami, justifiably so in my opinion.  I thought that the bonding between Allie and Nicole was really contrived.  Nicole was never really shown to be around her since she was Lucas's child; but she was around Johnny and Sydney when she was married to EJ.  My guess would be that Sydney's probably still in school somewhere in Europe (since she's younger then Johnny and Allie).

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Johnny didn't know he was born first?

I don't have any idea how old Sydney is supposed to be, but with her parents in Salem, where is she, and who is taking care of her?  Hasn't anybody thought to check to see if Sami contacted her?

It's sure sounding more and more like EJ had Sami kidnapped.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, buffynut said:

So ... upthread someone posted that Ava was responsible for killing 5 people, including grandpa Shawn Brady.  Question to those who hate Ben being normalized by all of Salem, despite him being a serial killer.  Do you feel the same way about Ava?

It doesn't feel the same to me because I don't see TPTB doing everything they can to prop Ava, ruining multiple characters to bulid her up, not allowing anyone to still hate her/question her without being made to look wrong for it, etc. But also, Ava gotta go lol. She's only worth being around if she's bad anyway.

I hope they let Johnny hate Ben. I know they won't though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

The actor who plays Ben needs to stop using huffing out a breath as an acting choice. I swear he did it 6 times in the scene today that was repeated from yesterday. 

It’s true, but for me it’s one of his least annoying traits. 
I CAN NOT STAND HEARING couples kissing. With CIN..it’s torture

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hope they let Johnny hate Ben. I know they won't though

😥😣 nope

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

Johnny didn't know he was born first?

I don't have any idea how old Sydney is supposed to be, but with her parents in Salem, where is she, and who is taking care of her?  Hasn't anybody thought to check to see if Sami contacted her?

It's sure sounding more and more like EJ had Sami kidnapped.

It seems like Sydney has been de-aged, or rather not aged up along with her siblings. She should be less than 2 years younger than the twins (so an adult), but Sami emphasized that Sydney went to boarding school, not college, and that Sami was alone with grumpy EJ before she came back to Salem to hang with Allie and Lucas. Must be one of those year-round soap opera boarding schools! 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, norcalgal said:

You don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression. Although Lucas Adams has played the role of Tripp far longer than the role he played on the Disney show Liv & Maddie, I still think of him as "Josh" before I think of Tripp.  (Yes, blame my kids for yet another DOOL actor I first saw on a kiddie show)

I watched Cady McClain as Jennifer more in the mindset of Rosanna Cabot being in Salem, USA and married to Jack Devereux. It was probably the main reason McClain’s portrayal of Jennifer didn’t bother me at all.  

1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

The actor who plays Ben needs to stop using huffing out a breath as an acting choice. I swear he did it 6 times in the scene today that was repeated from yesterday. 

It made me laugh yesterday when even his “sleeping” looked like a forced effort on RSW’s part.  

Color me impressed that Nicole and EJ got to have and intelligent conversation about his split with Sami, and their history together was even acknowledged in an insightful way.  But honestly, I’m rooting for EJ’s anger to eat him alive.  This show needs a good villain.  

6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm glad Johnny hasn't forgotten that Ben strangled Will and has no use for him. I don't expect it to last but for now I'll enjoy it.

It was a welcome change of pace from all of the hot air over what an amazing person Ben is.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, buffynut said:

And ... they're married again.  

I wasn’t watching when Ava was first on and killed all those people.  I do wonder if part of it is the actor playing Ava is a better actor. 
  I am no fan of Ben.    When he was dating Abigail he was possessive with a hint of anger always always present.  He represents a type of man I can stand.  Then he started killing    
   Paiges murder was terrifying to me.  
When he started dating Ciara he acted the same way he did with Abigail.  The fact that everyone worships him makes it worse.  
   As a fan of the show there are characters I like better than others.   At least the other characters there is a bit of suspense in the stories.  There was not doubt Ciara and Ben would get back together.  

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I wasn’t watching when Ava was first on and killed all those people.  I do wonder if part of it is the actor playing Ava is a better actor. 
  I am no fan of Ben.    When he was dating Abigail he was possessive with a hint of anger always always present.  He represents a type of man I can stand.  Then he started killing    
When he started dating Ciara he acted the same way he did with Abigail.  The fact that everyone worships him makes it worse.  
   As a fan of the show there are characters I like better than others.   At least the other characters there is a bit of suspense in the stories.  There was not doubt Ciara and Ben would get back together.  

Awesome post

i don’t mind this Ava, didn’t know the first, but would love it if she went back to her family origins and just stopped with the Rafe thing. Please ..he is on love with Nicole, hopefully she’ll take the bear and leave  Rafe in the dust. Plus, Rafe should go find Sami!! How bout doing his job (yeah I know, the whole family doesn’t care that she is MIA, and thinks(?) her texts are real.

Also, didn’t know Abigail and Ben dated . Missed that one! 🙌

But since I’ve seen The Ben worship all over Salem, I have noticed Ben..possessive and hints of anger all over the place. And not just with women. It’s his nature .
Not a fan. Glad I missed his murder spree!!

1000% agree! He is representative of a man I cannot stand,  in fact or fiction.

Also, sorry whoever the actor that plays Ben…hate his dark, evilly beady eyes. Nice lips tho🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Beautiful post regarding the serial killer with the abs.

Will's murder was terrifying as well and the callous way that Ben put him in a garbage bag and dumped him at his apartment like he was nothing knowing that his young daughter could find her beloved daddy says who Ben really was. 

Then, he went home and had passionate sex with Abigail after killing Will.. Even Abigail commented on how awesome he was in their afterglow. So murder was a turn on for Ben, if that is not sick then I don't know what is.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I get EJ is mad at Sami but calling her a bitch and or whore.  Who does he think he is Victor ?   
  So Sami sent everyone a text except for Johnny ?    

Nah.. he’s EJ fucking DiMera, that’s who he is!!

And air head Allie..no, mom needs space, she wouldn’t want to be bothered knowing you’re in town!! What the hell??!!

• Love 4