Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

He’s also  more capable of protecting Belle and Claire than Shawn could ever.

That would be IRONIC since Shawn is a cop and Philip is not!   🙃

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

[Phillip]’s also  more capable of protecting Belle and Claire than Shawn could ever.

Nah. Shawn is a cop, which means he can protect them just fine.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Nique said:

With BB version in my opinion yeah🤣He just stands there like a light bulb waiting to go off

Yeah, but rich brat Phillip is no Steven Segal, either. LOL! At least even Salem cops would have a gun. But, really, Belle would be better off just carrying a baseball bat and hope for the best.

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Nah. Shawn is a cop, which means he can protect them just fine.

Nah! Shawn is a horrible  cop!

plus , it’s been proven philips’s done a better job w/o a gun. 😉

And..all of the SPD, guns in hand , have failed with every case.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Nah! Shawn is a horrible  cop!

plus , it’s been proven philips’s done a better job w/o a gun. 😉

And..all of the SPD, guns in hand , have failed with every case.

Shawn also comes off weak and wimpy so I could see why Belle fell for Philip when they had an affair.  He was romantic protective conniving strong and in control back when JKJ was playing him in the 2000's....

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, but rich brat Phillip is no Steven Segal, either. LOL! At least even Salem cops would have a gun. But, really, Belle would be better off just carrying a baseball bat and hope for the best.

Philip served 2 tours with the marines and was also involved with ISA. He has training and experience.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Philip served 2 tours with the marines and was also involved with ISA. He has training and experience.

True, but having one leg (as he is supposed to) would realistically still be an issue in extreme circumstances. Meh. As I said, Belle should just go to a batting cage and learn to defend herself!

• LOL 3
On 7/31/2021 at 11:01 PM, WendyCR72 said:

😅😆Or doing it her damn self 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Nique said:

😅😆Or doing it her damn self 

True..she don’t need stupid Shawn!! Or any man to protect her!! Seems more than capable of protecting herself…

but if she needs help….from a man…I’d rather she choose someone other than “bad ASSES” Shawn D..or bro-Brady. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

True, but having one leg (as he is supposed to) would realistically still be an issue in extreme circumstances. Meh. As I said, Belle should just go to a batting cage and learn to defend herself!

True. But Shawn D , even in an  extreme circumstance , cannot seem to get the job done . And  that’s with 2 legs, gun and badge in hand. He’s’ more suitable for the locals cases, like pedestrians not paying for coffee or champagne at the pub. Lol

Since you seem to have a distaste for the rich brat Philip, I will agree a bat would suffice for Belle.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

True. But Shawn D , even in an  extreme circumstance , cannot seem to get the job done . And  that’s with 2 legs, gun and badge in hand. He’s’ more suitable for the locals cases, like pedestrians not paying for coffee or champagne at the pub. Lol

Since you seem to have a distaste for the rich brat Philip, I will agree a bat would suffice for Belle.

Belle could get herself a nice gun that can fit in her purse...

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Belle could get herself a nice gun that can fit in her purse...

Better idea! I think she’d be a better shot than the “love of her life!”😕😁

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

It goes to show you how pathetic some of us find Shawn-Douglas and he is Bo and Hope's son.  If the writers don't care about him then why should we..

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Only if Sami taught her. Because she actually has excellent aim.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

It goes to show you how pathetic some of us find Shawn-Douglas and he is Bo and Hope's son.  If the writers don't care about him then why should we..

Sooo true!! I think they’re trying to write him Bo-Hopish..but since Rafe the Brick . And the very boring -only good for towel dropping -into nakedness, Eli, are on the force….oh, and the ever forgetful Lani……WAIT..who am I kidding??? .WHY am I making excuses for the shitty writers!! They aren’t trying at all..they’re  thinking hey, if he’s Bo and Hopes son…who needs  writing/storylines? What a lazy crew!
Plus…even if they would/could, not sure if I have faith in BB’s Shawn Douglas pulling it off

😕😣

“ On 8/1/2021 at 7:43 PM, nilyank said:

Philip served 2 tours with the marines and was also involved with ISA. He has training and experience.”””

not to mention…the Kiriakis resources! Haha.hehe *trails off*

But he seems more than capable and if there’s one thing about Philip..he keeps his eye on the prize and protects come hell or high water!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2

Are we still talking about who is a better protector Shawn or Phillip?

this Olympic thing needs to hurry up 

I need to know is Ciara has her memory back or if she is mad she missed her wedding?   What about Theo ?   Does he get to keep his wedding presents?

• LOL 2
37 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Are we still talking about who is a better protector Shawn or Phillip?

this Olympic thing needs to hurry up 

I need to know is Ciara has her memory back or if she is mad she missed her wedding?   What about Theo ?   Does he get to keep his wedding presents?

What else is there to talk about?

of course Ciara isn’t pissed she missed the wedding. CIN gonna CIN! 
Theo should keep all the gifts and more, yet ..he’ll do the Theo thing.. give em back and write apology cards. He’ll end up apologizing to Ciara, as well! 🙄😣

yes!! Olympics be gone!

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think the Eric stuff was pretty good of course it was short lived but despite the terrible set up etc their breakup scenes were well done.

The rest? I would skip.

I bit the bullet and did all three 

Verdict:

1. Team Nicole! Love that she did not let Eric slut shame her, and how much fun she had delivering that letter to EJ

2. Shut up Claire god please stop talking!! 

3. That's what Chanel slaps on after a night on the couch?

4. Cierra is right. She is a bitch

5. Poor Theo. Nobody cares about his doomed wedding. The deification of Ben by all is alarming. They all need therapy. Not from Marlena obviously 

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, worleybird said:

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I missed the show!

I hear you!! I’m sitting here so excited it’s finally back on, only knowing that I’m going to get so pissed off !!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, worleybird said:

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I missed the show!

I haven't.  In fact, I've liked having the break. 

I think I'll watch the wrap up this week of what happens with the letter (assuming it gets wrapped up this week and EJ doesn't decide to play mind games with Sami) but I will have to see what comes after. 

• Love 3

So glad Claire and Allie got in trouble for the help with kidnapping.   They can say Ben won’t hurt anyone but that don’t really know that.  Ben was seeing and hearing a dead Jordan not that long ago.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

What was the deal with Ciara reaching for her purse on her way out, but missing it? Weird.

Allie and Claire are morons. "Mommy, defend us!" No, I think this time you deserve to actually learn a lesson, ladies.

(Can't these fools guess where Ben would take her?)

Rafe, dude, if you leave that apartment you'll be indirectly responsible for a double homicide!!!

"What I did with Abigail was different!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 WOW. EJ, you are TRASH. Did you spend months wiping Sami's butt and tending to her wounds before banging Abigail out of total desperation and a fear your relationship was over? Nope. Not the same at all. You don't deserve her loyalty.

I love that EJ is threatened by Lucas.

I'll pay good money for someone - ANYONE - to set Ciara and Ben on fire. And take that crap shack with them. Is that the same one Wendy the nurse died at? I don't remember if they reused the set or meant for it to be the same place.

Rushing through a lot of huge plot points today, but a solid ep.

• Love 11

I skipped everything related to Ben/Ciara. Even in fast forward, Ciara is completely insufferable. I couldn't even enjoy the thought of her punching Ben (or whatever she did) because she's just as odious as he is.

NuEJ was great today. AS not so much lol. 

• Love 10

What was gong on with that weird rippling light inside the car?

Why didn't Nicole invite her buddy Rafe to her anniversary party?

"Me cheating with Abigail is different."  I've never liked EJ.

Isn't the cabin on an island?

Ciara is such a bitch.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

So glad Claire and Allie got in trouble for the help with kidnapping.   They can say Ben won’t hurt anyone but that don’t really know that.  Ben was seeing and hearing a dead Jordan not that long ago.  

I know Sami and Lucas are stuck on the other half of the canvas, but I wish they could say to Allie:

You don't know Ben. You never witnessed Ben/Ciara as a happy couple. What you DID experience was your parents mourning your brother's death, and mourning for Will yourself. Why is it so important to you to make sure Ben gets what he wants, when he wants it, regardless of who gets hurt and what laws get broken?

Claire at least has a bond with Ben, watched Ben/Ciara as a happy couple, and has an obsession with Ciara. I don't love it, but I get it. Why the hell is Allie willing to go to jail for the man who took Will away from her family?

Ben is a popular character. Cin is a popular couple. But that shouldn't mean that every character in Salem is ride-or-die for them for no reason.

• Love 20

Allie lacks self awareness like most of the Horton females these days. I guess that's no surprise.

One would think she would feel some sort of conflict but at the same time I see why she doesn't if Will is over it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Allie lacks self awareness like most of the Horton females these days. I guess that's no surprise.

One would think she would feel some sort of conflict but at the same time I see why she doesn't if Will is over it.

I think she belongs in the Lumi story.    I would like to know her reaction to her parents.  And the truth about Johnny’s father.  

• Love 9

I hate how isolated Lucas/Sami are from Allie. Having separate storylines is one thing, but she should know at least some of what’s going on with her parents— torrid affair, fake illness, role in blowing up Eric/Nicole’s marriage. And they should know at least some of what’s going on with their daughter— multiple love interests, dead bodies, kidnapping brides for serial killers. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, RedElf said:

Isn't the cabin on an island?

The Horton cabin is on an island, this cabin that I'm not sure who owns isn't. 

Ben fixed up and rebuilt a cabin that who owns? Wasn't it originally just an abandoned cabin in the woods. They never said an owner did they? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I think she belongs in the Lumi story.    I would like to know her reaction to her parents.  And the truth about Johnny’s father.  

Wait..Allie doesn’t know Johnny isn’t Lucas’s kid? 
How and why?  

1 minute ago, Chellfairy said:

Wait..Allie doesn’t know Johnny isn’t Lucas’s kid? 
How and why?  

She knows that but I doubt she knows EJ would not save Lucas unless Sami slept with him.  

• Love 3

Did Ben buy the kidnap kabin? Why would you fix up someone's property on your own dime? Lumber and construction materials cost a fortune now. If he is not the current owner, why bother? You can drive by it, park near it, and look at it. And if it is his new home, he can live there.

How convenient that he got thrown and has a sprained ankle.

Ciara, no you don't owe this dude anything with your amnesia, but he would have to wonder why he would want such a nasty bitch in his life.

Claire, you did have a cute dress. Too bad you and Allie are in a little bit of trouble.

Poor Theo. He has to know that his new bride will eventually get her memory back. His choice, sure, but it is an expensive fantasty.

Nice of Rafe and Nicole to chat. At least no one has slut shamed her, except for herself. He also seemed really interested in the town gossip, including Sami. Just don't leave the two women alone. The fangs will come out.

EJ did well and I did see the hurt and anger. Not sure his apologizing to the wife he treated as a nurse or caregiver was enough. Both of them don't need each other right now.

Lucas, of course Nicole would want to get some revenge on Sami. You should have burned that stupid letter yourself.

Nice that the show is back!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

What I did with Abigail was different!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 WOW. EJ, you are TRASH. Did you spend months wiping Sami's butt and tending to her wounds before banging Abigail out of total desperation and a fear your relationship was over? Nope. Not the same at all. You don't deserve her loyalty.

The writers had Nicole give Eric a taste of the truth and now Sami does the same thing to EJ?  Is it possible the writing is actually improving?  I'm convinced that before both Nicole and Sami would have been begging for forgiveness and completely ignoring what Eric and EJ did to contribute to the situation.  (The men would have, of course, stormed off after letting the women know how undeserving of forgiveness they were.)  I'm not saying cheating is "right" but at least they've been allowed a point of view.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

NuEJ was great today. AS not so much lol. 

I love AS but I cringed a little at some of her acting choices in a couple of those scenes.  Overall, though, I thought the scenes were well played.  I did love that Sami started off lying, and only admitted the truth when her nose was being rubbed it.  That’s so Sami...the amazing person Lucas is carrying a torch for.  

Lucas running to Nicole to try to stop Sami from experiencing any discomfort in her life was laughable.  

I loved Nicole telling Sami that she’d been waiting for her to show up.  I’m a fan of both Nicole and Sami but Sami has been such an insufferable hypocrite that I’m rooting for Nicole to slap the snot out of Sami.  

Gawd, Ben and Ciara are so awful.  This seems like a story that should be happening in the 80s or 90s.  I thought modern audiences were supposed to be beyond finding a man kidnapping a woman even remotely romantic.  Turner Classic Movies warns viewers when they’re showing movies that portray people in ways that’s no longer socially acceptable.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Gawd, Ben and Ciara are so awful.  This seems like a story that should be happening in the 80s or 90s.  I thought modern audiences were supposed to be beyond finding a man kidnapping a woman even remotely romantic.  Turner Classic Movies warns viewers when they’re showing movies that portray people in ways that’s no longer socially acceptable.  

Ben and Ciara are an abomination..

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I thought modern audiences were supposed to be beyond finding a man kidnapping a woman even remotely romantic.  Turner Classic Movies warns viewers when they’re showing movies that portray people in ways that’s no longer socially acceptable.

The kidnapping is not to hold her hostage, but trying to spark a memory. And since the cabin is where they first fell in love, that's the destination. Otherwise, there no other way she was about to go up there voluntarily.

It's fiction...and remember, burying someone alive is also not socially acceptable. LOL!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

She knows that but I doubt she knows EJ would not save Lucas unless Sami slept with him.  

Correct. Last year when Sami/Allie were arguing about whether Allie would raise Henry, Allie listed the ways that Sami acquired her children— she was a child herself with Will, twins by different fathers, EJ was awful when Sydney was born. I don’t think Allie would have trotted out “twins by different fathers” as a sin if she’d known the details about Johnny, especially since Henry is also a product of rape.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

burying someone alive is also not socially acceptable. LOL!

Burying someone alive isn’t being portrayed as romance, is it?

It's fiction

Agreed.  But Turner Classic Movies spent a week having intelligent discussions about how movies of the past portrayed women and people of color in a disrespectful manner, and how those movies fit into a modern discourse...and all of those movies were fiction. 

The kidnapping is not to hold her hostage, but trying to spark a memory. And since the cabin is where they first fell in love, that's the destination. Otherwise, there no other way she was about to go up there voluntarily.

So there are some circumstances under which it’s OK to kidnap someone?  I did not know that.  

I’m not saying that characters shouldn’t engage in criminal behaviors on this fictional Show but to portray it as romance feels irresponsible and outdated.  

At least Lani got to take those idiots, Allie and Claire, down to the station.  I don’t think I’ve ever cheered that hard for Lani before.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

It's fiction...and remember, burying someone alive is also not socially acceptable. LOL!

What?  Oh, um, does anybody have a shovel I can borrow real quick?  I may have made a terrible mistake.

• LOL 13

Theo said he knows if she regains her memory she'd leave him.

So tying her down with marriage would stop that. He wants to lock her down, marry her, keep her from Salem, just so she doesn't get her rightful full memories of Ben.

It's like encouraging a mental illness. Theo looks horrible. Worse than Ben taking her to a cabin to just jog her memories, telling her to go at end of yesterday and he gave up. 

• Love 9