Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm catching up on the last few episodes and I have some thoughts:

Who the fuck gets ready for their wedding in the living room? They've shown Claire's room before, so they could've just moved some furniture around and said that it was Hope's bedroom and have Ciara get ready in there. And it was so awkward having Shawn & Ciara have a heated conversation while she's in her negligee. 

I get the show is trying to depict that the universe does not want Ciara to marry Theo by having half the wedding guests drop out at the last minute, but there is no way I am going to believe that Doug still plays racquetball. And of course "Hope's" plane had mechanical issues; must be the same lone plane that flies out of Africa that failed to bring Eric back to Salem last year too. 

I had a real laugh out loud moment when EJ called Eric "Francis of Assisi". 

I like the new Chanel better than the old one, and I think she's too spunky to be paired with boring-ass Allie. They should try her out with Xander (again). 

I really like Philip looking out for Lucas. I don't remember them ever being particular close, so them sharing scenes and Lucas spilling his guts to his little brother have been great. I may have missed a scene, but did Lucas ask Philip to give the letter to Nicole or did Philip do that on his own?

I need to go back and rewatch the Nicole & Eric breakup scenes because I was only half paying attention, but from what I saw AZ was outstanding. I'm so glad she got to cry but nothing hysterical and I'm also so happy Nicole got to tell Eric everything that's she's been feeling since he basically abandoned her and Holly to go save Africa. I can't believe Eric was just going to sneak away before even talking to Nicole. She was absolutely right to push him for some sort of resolution. 

I understand Belle is angry with Sami for the stunt she pulled last year with Jan, but calling her a bitch and endlessly badmouthing her to EJ is more than just anger; she hates Sami, which kind of surprised me. And why all these scenes with Belle & EJ all of a sudden?? I think I know what you're doing, show, and I don't like it. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I get what you are saying but as much as I love Carrie, she no longer fits on the show. I shudder to think how Ron would write her so it is best that she is not in Salem.  I do not wish to see Sami and Carrie at each others throats over a man. I never got a story where the sisters would have to work together for a common goal while dealing with their tumultuous past once and for all. 

I think the closest we got to it was back in 2011 when John was set up for wire fraud. However that would be a nice change of pace from the usual but soaps don't have those writers anymore.

• Love 3
(edited)

I *hate* how Belle is being turned into Sami's enemy, constantly blaming her, slapping her and calling her a bitch.

I think that would have been Carrie's fate had she been around.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I need to go back and rewatch the Nicole & Eric breakup scenes because I was only half paying attention, but from what I saw AZ was outstanding. I'm so glad she got to cry but nothing hysterical and I'm also so happy Nicole got to tell Eric everything that's she's been feeling since he basically abandoned her and Holly to go save Africa. I can't believe Eric was just going to sneak away before even talking to Nicole. She was absolutely right to push him for some sort of resolution. 

I understand Belle is angry with Sami for the stunt she pulled last year with Jan, but calling her a bitch and endlessly badmouthing her to EJ is more than just anger; she hates Sami, which kind of surprised me. And why all these scenes with Belle & EJ all of a sudden?? I think I know what you're doing, show, and I don't like it. 

👏👏👏👏👏

• Love 2
13 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

They should try [Chanel] out with Xander (again). 

I was thinking that, too! I loved Chanel/Xander with PW but I think it could be even better with this actress since she doesn't some off as young as PW did. I really hope they revisit Chanel/Xander at some point. They can even just be friends. We need more friendships!

I may have missed a scene, but did Lucas ask Philip to give the letter to Nicole or did Philip do that on his own?

Lucas didn't ask Phillip to do it. Lucas threw away the letter at the pub while Phillip was there though so like I think it's possible a part of Lucas hoped Phillip would do something with it tbh.

This. Belle being mad at Sami makes sense, but her coming off so bitter and angry doesn't feel right. I feel like they must be testing out EJ/Belle at the very least. I'm personally down for it lol.

• Love 9

I forgot about Xander/Chanel's brief marriage which was another pointless plot as it went to nowhere.

I wouldn't mind a revisit of that as Chanel is too interesting for Allie and I rather see Xander/Chanel than Xander/Gwen who would make better partners in crime than lovers.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, tribeca said:

Poor Theo 😞.  I did enjoy his family breakfast and glad Lani said she would be his best man.  
   Ben being the chauffeur and saying we aren’t going to the church was creepy and reminded me of a horror movie.  

Actually it reminded me of the series finale of Golden Girls when Stan did the same thing but he only did it to have one last moment with Dorothy before she got married to someone else. He wanted to drive her in style to the church for her wedding. Which really is the total opposite of what Days did however I was thinking of that the whole time.

I also wouldn't mind EJ/Belle only because its less creepy to me than EJ/Sami, they appear to have chem and this version of Belle is a lot more watchable in other pairings that aren't Shawn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, tribeca said:

I wonder if Theo will be mad at Allie and Claire ? Or will he just forgive them because you know true love 

The latter at best. If he gets anything beyond that I will be surprised because this show doesn't care about Theo's POV for much to begin with.  Only characters this show caters to get a POV.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/24/2021 at 9:56 AM, peachmangosteen said:

On 7/24/2021 at 9:56 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I was thinking that, too! I loved Chanel/Xander with PW but I think it could be even better with this actress since she doesn't some off as young as PW did. I really hope they revisit Chanel/Xander at some point. They can even just be friends. We need more friendships!

Lucas didn't ask Phillip to do it. Lucas threw away the letter at the pub while Phillip was there though so like I think it's possible a part of Lucas hoped Phillip would do something with it tbh.

This. Belle being mad at Sami makes sense, but her coming off so bitter and angry doesn't feel right. I feel like they must be testing out EJ/Belle at the very least. I'm personally down for it lol.

I think Belle is just bitter because she’s STUCK with Shawn D. Who wouldn’t be?! 
Ej/Belle. Philip/Belle, EJ/Philip, hell, I’m down for anything right now 😂

I hope Lucas doesn’t screw this up with the letter. Philip did everyone a favor.

I’m liking nu-Chanel and hope they have better plans for her than boring Tripp and Allie. And yes, we need more friendships around Salem

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chellfairy said:

I think Belle is just bitter because she’s STUCK with Shawn D. Who wouldn’t be?! 
Ej/Belle. Philip/Belle, EJ/Philip, hell, I’m down for anything right now 😂

I hope Lucas doesn’t screw this up with the letter. Philip did everyone a favor.

I’m liking nu-Chanel and hope they have better plans for her than boring Tripp and Allie. And yes, we need more friendships around Salem

I have always said that Belle's character has gone nowhere because they attached her to Shawn-Douglas so damn early and gave them a baby.  Belle comes alive with other men but the show is too stubborn to cut their losses.  Shawn-Douglas should have been much more than he is but the only legacy child that the show cares about is Sami. 

• Love 5
On 7/23/2021 at 11:20 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I *hate* how Belle is being turned into Sami's enemy, constantly blaming her, slapping her and calling her a bitch.

I think that would have been Carrie's fate had she been around.

I think if I were Belle, I would never give Sami the benefit of the doubt once she tried to sell me on the black market.

• Love 7
(edited)
54 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I think if I were Belle, I would never give Sami the benefit of the doubt once she tried to sell me on the black market.

To be fair, Sami was ill alone and scared teenager. Teenagers tend to lack foresight and act on emotion. Once she realized her mistake about selling Belle, she fully intended to raise her away from Salem.

Plus, Sami and Belle used to be close and young Belle adored and admired Sami. It is too bad Ron had to make her a proxy for Carrie. Belle being a nasty bitch to Sami rings false in my opinion.. Belle also seems to think she is better than Sami because she is Jarlena's sole biological child.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9

I thought nuEJ’s scar on his chest was an EJ thing. Here I find out it’s the actor real life scar. Foe some reason, I thought EJ had been shot or something when he left Salem (and, the show). LOL!!! I’ve checked out Daniel Feuerriegel’s Instagram and he looks like he’s a lot of fun & has a great personality. He was a real find for the Days casting department. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Now that he's shown some rage and suspicion, I'm buying him a lot more as EJ. I didn't care for him in happy mode.

It's so weird Susan hasn't appeared yet. I hate this new Uber Deranged Moron version of Susan that Ron and the wardrobe department have dreamed up (regressed her into? She's worse now than she was in the 90s!) but considering how bereft she was to lose her only son, you'd think his return to normal life would bring her into his orbit.

Wait...what am I saying? I've ODed on SH's Susan and Kristen and welcome a good long break from them both.

I hate that Claire - who is supposed to love Theo - would dupe him on his wedding day voluntarily. Cruel.

This Lucas Sami love story feels very half baked to me. I missed weeks worth of episodes though so maybe I'm wrong...but this feels glossed over. Have there even been genuinely romantic moments between them...or is Ron just making Lucas in love with her by default?

I can't believe how fast this Nicole revenge plot is unraveling. I figured we'd get a fun month of her weighing her options and tension building up over whether or not she'll give EJ the letter. But nope - it's all handled in two episodes? This affair/feud with Sami thing is the best plot Nic's had all year. Why rush through it?

I hope Ben crashes the stupid car and there are no survivors. Ciara has looked terrible at both of her weddings. There's no redeeming that.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Now that he's shown some rage and suspicion, I'm buying him a lot more as EJ. I didn't care for him in happy mode.

It's so weird Susan hasn't appeared yet. I hate this new Uber Deranged Moron version of Susan that Ron and the wardrobe department have dreamed up (regressed her into? She's worse now than she was in the 90s!) but considering how bereft she was to lose her only son, you'd think his return to normal life would bring her into his orbit.

Wait...what am I saying? I've ODed on SH's Susan and Kristen and welcome a good long break from them both.

I hate that Claire - who is supposed to love Theo - would dupe him on his wedding day voluntarily. Cruel.

This Lucas Sami love story feels very half baked to me. I missed weeks worth of episodes though so maybe I'm wrong...but this feels glossed over. Have there even been genuinely romantic moments between them...or is Ron just making Lucas in love with her by default?

I can't believe how fast this Nicole revenge plot is unraveling. I figured we'd get a fun month of her weighing her options and tension building up over whether or not she'll give EJ the letter. But nope - it's all handled in two episodes? This affair/feud with Sami thing is the best plot Nic's had all year. Why rush through it?

I hope Ben crashes the stupid car and there are no survivors. Ciara has looked terrible at both of her weddings. There's no redeeming that.

I thought the letter would get its own dressing room & be on for a while. It really was a quick turnaround with Nicole & the letter. I guess they want her to move on quickly when the show returns. EJ knows. Sami will find out EJ knows and then Xander will know, too. All that said, I’m not sure what is next for Nicole. I guess her feelings for Rafe will ignite again and Ava and her will become unfriendly again. LOL!!!! Personally, I’d like a new man for Nicole. She’s always pining for men she can’t have. 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

To be fair, Sami was ill alone and scared teenager. Teenagers tend to lack foresight and act on emotion. Once she realized her mistake about selling Belle, she fully intended to raise her away from Salem.

Plus, Sami and Belle used to be close and young Belle adored and admired Sami. It is too bad Ron had to make her a proxy for Carrie. Belle being a nasty bitch to Sami rings false in my opinion.. Belle also seems to think she is better than Sami because she is Jarlena's sole biological child.

I always forget about Sami trying to sell Belle, Lmao. I can’t blame young Sami for that. I also never really “blamed “ Sami for John hatred. Damn, if I walked in on my mom and someone other than my dad…(not being young enough to understand, yet not being old enough to “analyze” it) I would have a huge problem with that. Sami’s problem is she’s never gotten over any slight that occurs in her life, which is usually self-inflicted. 
I don’t find Belle’s hatred/bitterness for Sami undeserved..just weird because show decides to flip/flop her character. Is Belle the saintly child of Jarlena, like they seem to want her to be?? That’s not the person I see…or want to see. 
since Carrie isn’t around, I think they need Belle to be the sister to take Sami down a peg or two, even though Sami’s never personally done anything to her.(unless she slept with Shawn..omg, did I miss something??)..

Carrie never really could do it (or wanted to?)

I was so pissed off when they decided to make Claire Shawn D’s bio kid, rather than Philip’s. And don’t even get me started with what’shisname Chloe’s kid with the infamous Dr Tan the Man..!! What a Dick move..

In retrospect, thank god, because Claire is no child I would want to call my own, so Philip dodged a big one there. (However, Claire would be better if she were Philip’s)  And I really don’t want Phloe, after everything they’ve been through (or he’s been through with shit show with Broe  ) I know, I lnow, I’m such a Philip cheerleader…but only when it’s JKJ!! Show has really really f’d that character over. Talk about legacy children!! They could really use some Kiriakis/DiMera showdowns again! Those were fun to watch DAYS!!

shit.man, I should just change my user name to BabbleOnFairy..babble on and on. Sorry! I just start going and can’t stop myself 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Love 6
(edited)
23 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I thought the letter would get its own dressing room & be on for a while. It really was a quick turnaround with Nicole & the letter. I guess they want her to move on quickly when the show returns. EJ knows. Sami will find out EJ knows and then Xander will know, too. All that said, I’m not sure what is next for Nicole. I guess her feelings for Rafe will ignite again and Ava and her will become unfriendly again. LOL!!!! Personally, I’d like a new man for Nicole. She’s always pining for men she can’t have. 

I have to admit, I’m soo happy Nicole did letter reveal fast and quick. But yeah, please no Rafe!! I’d rather Nicole and EJ get back together for a bit..that would really be a double FU to Sami!! Lots of good times to be had there!

Letter still has a place for own dressing room! Maybe even own bedroom at the D’mansion. Letter can replace Kristen. Letter looks better, anyhow, and far less annoying. Maybe Letter and Brady can get together😉🤔

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I guess it depends on how one feels about Sami and Lucas.  Lucas, for much of his time on the show, was Sami's #1 supporter.  They have 30 years of history being best friends and lovers and sometimes enemies but even when they're at odds, there's just something about their history that makes me think they will never be rid of one another.  

And their first sexual escapade this go round happened when Lucas was being a supportive friend.  That sent them into scheming together.  Sami to keep the information from EJ and Lucas just because he'd do anything for Sami. 

Given their history, I feel like he's always half baked.  I don't find it a stretch for him to think they should be together.  Sami's not there and I think that's also feels true to where they are but she cares enough about Lucas that she's moved by his declaration.

44 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

This affair/feud with Sami thing is the best plot Nic's had all year. Why rush through it?

It doesn't feel like rushing to me. Why would she not use the letter?  Besides, it's probably because they wanted big events to happen before the Olympics break.

• Love 15
51 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Lucas is the default option as he usually is. They don't see him as someone worthy of his own storylines but instead the third wheel at best. He's a Horton male so he was doomed for such a marginalized and neutered fate.

2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I have always said that Belle's character has gone nowhere because they attached her to Shawn-Douglas so damn early and gave them a baby.  Belle comes alive with other men but the show is too stubborn to cut their losses.  Shawn-Douglas should have been much more than he is but the only legacy child that the show cares about is Sami. 

Of the Brady's yes Sami is the only one the show cares about.

I think the show cared about Abby(although I don't think that's the case as much anymore) now its Ciara and Allie I guess.

• Love 2

I always forget about Sami trying to sell Belle, Lmao. I can’t blame young Sami for that. I also never really “blamed “ Sami for John hatred. Damn, if I walked in on my mom and someone other than my dad…(not being young enough to understand, yet not being old enough to “analyze” it) I would have a huge problem with that. Sami’s problem is she’s never gotten over any slight that occurs in her life, which is usually self-inflicted. 
I don’t find Belle’s hatred/bitterness for Sami undeserved..just weird because show decides to flip/flop her character. Is Belle the saintly child of Jarlena, like they seem to want her to be?? That’s not the person I see…or want to see. 
since Carrie isn’t around, I think they need Belle to be the sister to take Sami down a peg or two, even though Sami’s never personally done anything to her.(unless she slept with Shawn..omg, did I miss something??)..

Carrie never really could do it (or wanted to?)

I was so pissed off when they decided to make Claire Shawn D’s bio kid, rather than Philip’s. And don’t even get me started with what’shisname Chloe’s kid with the infamous Dr Tan the Man..!! What a Dick move..

In retrospect, thank god, because Claire is no child I would want to call my own, so Philip dodged a big one there. (However, Claire would be better if she were Philip’s)  And I really don’t want Phloe, after everything they’ve been through (or he’s been through with shit show with Broe  ) I know, I lnow, I’m such a Philip cheerleader…but only when it’s JKJ!! Show has really really f’d that character over. Talk about legacy children!! They could really use some Kiriakis/DiMera showdowns again! Those were fun to watch DAYS!!

shit.man, I should just change my user name to BabbleOnFairy..babble on and on. Sorry! I just start going and can’t stop myself 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I agree with you on the Philip love with JKJ playing him.  Claire should have been his and that would have been the perfect reason to break up Shelle indefinitely.  Shelle only worked for me with their original portrayers and even then I never saw them being more than each others' first loves.  I think both characters would have been better with other people.   

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I have to admit, I’m soo happy Nicole did letter reveal fast and quick. But yeah, please no Rafe!! I’d rather Nicole and EJ get back together for a bit..that would really be a double FU to Sami!! Lots of good times to be had there!

I have to agree that's the best narrative option if Eric is gone for a while. Her and Rafe, once Ava is dispensed with, will have no story. But Nic with EJ would push Sami out of town, put Nic back in Kate and Gabi's DiMera orbits and really piss off Eric. It just opens more doors long term.

Nic with Rafe is just as bland - more so even - as her with Eric. At least there's history and heat with Eric. Rafe is just dullsville. He was when he was with Hope. God, why won't they just get rid of him? He's so dead. 

Speaking of which, I have to say, when Sal is given nothing to do but be supportive in the background, I hate Lani far less. If we saw her and Rafe as often as Roman, I could deal with them. They're both fine in supportive sibling roles.

It's interesting that they haven't mentioned Celeste lately. Wasn't Theo living with her overseas? Or was it Brandon?

Did they say where Hope is, now that Ciara is known to be alive? I forget what the new placeholder explanation is for her absence. I know her plane supposedly kept her from this wedding....but in general.

I really wish Eric had stayed around long enough for more scenes with Sami. Huge missed opportunities for fallout.

I'd also really like to see Nicole hiding her pain from Holly. Kids - the ones who can act - bring some perspective to the mix.

Wonder when we'll get some Allie/EJ scenes. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, drtslim said:

Definitely not, since they are first cousins.

Are they?? really? ??😒🤔🤨

Why did I have it in my head that Bo wasn’t really a Brady and that he was actually Victors kid? Did that happen? Or was that a dream thing? 
anyway….it would have been a great storyline ..Sami and Shawn Douglas..and a better reason for Belle to be all ridiculousley hateful towards Sami. Not that anyone has to look for reasons to hate Sami. Belles reaction to the situation ..should have been ERIC’s reaction. Alas, Belle’s just a bitter chick about her boring life

Actually, I’m the one who’s all bitter. That they’ve ruined two characters(SHELLE) when they should be used for soooooo much more. Separately. 
I’m just bored and looking for reasons for some of these things to make  a teeny bit of sense..I know, that’s asking too much.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I have to agree that's the best narrative option if Eric is gone for a while. Her and Rafe, once Ava is dispensed with, will have no story. But Nic with EJ would push Sami out of town, put Nic back in Kate and Gabi's DiMera orbits and really piss off Eric. It just opens more doors long term.

Nic with Rafe is just as bland - more so even - as her with Eric. At least there's history and heat with Eric. Rafe is just dullsville. He was when he was with Hope. God, why won't they just get rid of him? He's so dead. 

Speaking of which, I have to say, when Sal is given nothing to do but be supportive in the background, I hate Lani far less. If we saw her and Rafe as often as Roman, I could deal with them. They're both fine in supportive sibling roles.

It's interesting that they haven't mentioned Celeste lately. Wasn't Theo living with her overseas? Or was it Brandon?

Did they say where Hope is, now that Ciara is known to be alive? I forget what the new placeholder explanation is for her absence. I know her plane supposedly kept her from this wedding....but in general.

I really wish Eric had stayed around long enough for more scenes with Sami. Huge missed opportunities for fallout.

I'd also really like to see Nicole hiding her pain from Holly. Kids - the ones who can act - bring some perspective to the mix.

Rafe the Brick, is such a boring lifeless character. He brings everyone down with him..kinda like the mob ..tying a cement block to someone and throwing them  in a body of water. No one is better for it, when paired with that dude. I agree, we need far less Lani and Rafe

Speaking of Brandon! They should bring him back( original actor please). That might be fun.
No, they haven’t mentioned anyone that is supposed to be associates with Theo overseas..except that I guess he and Chanel had a thing..but can’t remember where. Poor Theo and the lack of depth they’ve put into his character.
And, who knows where Hope really is, OR, what she’s doing???  Except she’s never where she should be. She’s basically a phone at point.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Why did I have it in my head that Bo wasn’t really a Brady and that he was actually Victors kid? Did that happen? Or was that a dream thing? 

Bo was definitely Victor's son from an affair with Caroline.

• Love 2

Hmm. So the. Shawn D is actually not a Brady then?

Correct - biologically, Shawn D. is not a Brady, but in sensibility he is  (same for Bo since Bo was raised as a Brady).

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Are they?? really? ??😒🤔🤨

Victor is really Bo's father (and Shawn Douglas's grandfather), but Caroline is still the mother of both Roman and Bo (and grandmother to both Shawn Douglas and Sami), making them first cousins.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

However, Bo still considered himself a Brady, and Shawn, Sr. considered Bo his son (and even gave his life for him - and screw Ava for that!), so while not BIOLOGICALLY Bradys, Bo and Shawn(-Douglas) still consider(ed) themselves as such, not Kiriakis, making Ciara's stance, being so close to Victor, just strange. (I mean, Bo literally named his son after the man he knew as his father.)

Bo and Roman still ARE biologically related through Caroline, so Shawn and Sami are (half) first cousins.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

making Ciara's stance, being so close to Victor, just strange.

I don't think it is that strange since Victor and Bo did get closer and Ciara doesn't have Grandpa Shawn, so I don't have a problem with her being close to Victor and Doug as her grandfathers. Plus, Victor is the one who will hire her for executive positions she is uniquely unqualified for.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Ciara embracing her Kiriakis side is much better for me as I always found her darker than Shawn. I think if Bo were around it would've been a better story for Bo to deal with his daughter being drawn into Victor's world etc.

Course that would require character driven writing which no longer exists on soaps.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Late to the party… but aI had to post about the Ericole breakup:

The acting was A+.  And the dialog on Nicole’s part is some of the best writing I’ve seen.   My heart broke when she said ‘You married me!’  It’s like she was clinging to that truth because Eric made her feel so unwanted.   And I like that she brought up him still being a priest in his sense of mission.  

I think they should have recast, however, rather than break them up.  It was so obvious that it was done because Greg left the show.  And while ITA, him staying in Africa too long and screwing up his marriage was in character, him letting her go that easy was not.  Please note, Nicole IS the one who cheated and is culpable in my opinion, but Eric’s choices really did feed the flames for a massive self-destructive moment from Nicole. Again, the writing was excellent in that her talking about self-degradation took me right back to her porn star trauma.   
Bottom Line: Really good scenes by two vets, but the resolution is out of character for the relationship.  Still, I’m ready to move on. 

I feel like Ron wants me to hate Sami.  If so, he’s doing a good job.  

Brady was a good friend to hunt down Cander and figure out his motivation.   I Lt was a little too dark IMO for my nu-Xander tastes  BUT he hates Eric and wanted cash so I can’t say it’s out of character.  

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, SueB said:

I think they should have recast, however, rather than break them up.

But the reason GV left in the first place is because he didn't feel like the show was interested in telling stories for Eric.  He said it was good initially but then cooled off.  So recasting would have meant they have another male character of a certain age that they just don't know what to do with and without a beloved bet playing him. Besides, Nicole is such a utility player and has chemistry with so many people.  I don't think she's as defined by her connection to Eric as someone like Kayla largely is to hers.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I don't think it is that strange since Victor and Bo did get closer and Ciara doesn't have Grandpa Shawn, so I don't have a problem with her being close to Victor and Doug as her grandfathers. Plus, Victor is the one who will hire her for executive positions she is uniquely unqualified for.

I don't remember Bo getting close to Victor, he learned to tolerate Victor for his mother. He always kept him at arms length as he should.  Victor did hurt his family for years especially his sisters. They were never father/son and I have always loved that about the show.  Biology is not what makes a family. Bo started to relent when it came to Victor after Zack died..  There was a scene where Victor yelled at Bo for never accepting him as his dad and this was years after Papa Shawn died. Bo has always made it clear that Shawn is his dad, full stop.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 7/25/2021 at 10:13 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Celeste and Brandon were the ones overseeing Theo's care in Africa. Brandon still lives there as far as we know. They haven't mentioned Celeste in a while. 

Speaking of, I think it's time to bring Cameron back. He was a decent rival of Chad's for Abby. There was just so much to explore with that character. Ironically the real story there was he and Chad and their shared family history. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't remember Bo getting close to Victor, he learned to tolerate Victor for his mother. He always kept him at arms length as he should.  Victor did hurt his family for years especially his sisters. They were never father/son and I have always loved that about the show.  Biology is not what makes a family. Bo started to relent when it came to Victor after Zack died..  There was a scene where Victor yelled at Bo for never accepting him as his dad and this was years after Papa Shawn died. Bo has always made it clear that Shawn is his dad, full stop.

17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Ciara embracing her Kiriakis side is much better for me as I always found her darker than Shawn. I think if Bo were around it would've been a better story for Bo to deal with his daughter being drawn into Victor's world etc.

Course that would require character driven writing which no longer exists on soaps.

I'm with @Pearson80. IIRC, by the time Bo died, he no longer actively hated Victor, but seemed to tolerate him. That's why I too, like @CanaryFan98, would have loved to see how Bo reacts to Ciara being fairly close to Grandpa Vic. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.... 

• Love 4

There is also the thing of grandparents and grandchildren having their own relationship, separate from their parent's issues. Bo can have a civil relationship with Victor, and still allow him to have a loving relationship with his children. 

We saw this scenario play out with Abe/Lexie concerning Theo and his relationships w/ Stefano and Kate. Speaking of which, I need Theo in a scene with his "grandmother" Kate ASAP. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/25/2021 at 4:58 PM, Pearson80 said:

Finally someone else sees this Belle and Sami shit for what it is a poor man's version of Sami and Carrie pt 2. Every since shoot the bride story when days couldn't get CC(Carrie)they inserted Belle in Carrie's position & it's been shit since then. It's forced & doesn't work. They don't have the history, didn't grow up together, friction betrayal it's not there. It has to be forced. Sami trying to sell her on the black market ani't it esp when they are basically like the same age now & look it. Plus you can't have Sami trying to sell her at like 17-18 & Belle at 35 wanting to suddenly hate her almost 55 yr old sister. No both y'all near middle aged the hell kind of cockmaine shit is RC trying to create if we're being realistic age wise? They keep creating situations on Sami end to make some half assed rivalry. It's tiresome along with Sami not being able to hit her back.

Also Sami didn't wake up one day and targeted Carrie, fuck up her life. The downfall is one of the most complex nuanced complexities heartbreaking relationships ever done. You felt for both of them and it took yrs that we saw. After the mistrial on Carrie's word by the attorney who got her to trip up which wasn't intentional & Alan got free, that's when Sami lost all boundaries. She felt betrayed cause Carrie was trying to help by encouraging her to go forward with the trial & truth, with a cruel twist of fates gets off on Carrie's testimony. That ended there sisterhood & Sami has intentionally targeted her since then. She has never done that with Belle she was collateral damage in going after Nicole just like Allie was. That's who Sami is it's tiresome but it's not the same thing as Carrie/Sami & RC lazy ass needs to learn the difference. The root of Jan wasn't caused by Sami either that goes back almost 2 damn decades with Shawn's decision to cover up Jan's rape, treat Belle like dirt/lie to her & put everyone else in jeopardy. Days keep ignoring the elephant in the room 

Sami/Belle had there diffs, she was insensitive to Belle gave her bad advice pissed her off to the point where she told her off & if Sami accusing her sister's daddy of murdering there mother right in front of her right after her death didn't make hate then ani't no Black market 20 yrs before I was born do it.

I always got the feeling from Belle early on in her teen yrs that she did know about stuff weird stuff that happened after Shawn basically like through it in her face, about John being diff people stuff happening around them, why doesn't it bother her. Her response was something to the effect that she had parents that loved her, she had a home she was happy had clothes something other didn't. What was the point of being angry lashing out at her parents for something that they couldn't control or wasn't there fault? This was during Hope as Princess Gina and Shawn was acting out. Based on there convo I'm assume he was expecting to rise up and act a fool to. I don't know he be thinking he be talking to be she just got chewed out for getting arrested and lying about going home. Marlena don't play dat j/k

Anyways based on that I'm pretty sure that she knew about what Sami did she just wasn't pressed about it. Belle knew what and who Sami was it didn't matter she was her sister, she luved her, unconditionally that's all that mattered. The idea she has been harboring hatred for Sami all these yrs or she hates her I don't buy. She doesn't even hate Phil & he Kidnapped her child, was trying to take her away from her with no intention of giving her back. 

RC needs a whole history lesson on all these characters 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Nique said:

Anyways based on that I'm pretty sure that she knew about what Sami did she just wasn't pressed about it. Belle knew what and who Sami was it didn't matter she was her sister, she luved her, unconditionally that's all that mattered. The idea she has been harboring hatred for Sami all these yrs or she hates her I don't buy. She doesn't even hate Phil & he Kidnapped her child, was trying to take her away from her with no intention of giving her back. 

Belle has always loved Sami, in fact she actually had no use for Carrie...lol  She was not mean or rude to her but Sami was the big sister that she loved.  While she did not approve of Sami's antics but she never judged her either.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/27/2021 at 11:26 AM, JBC344 said:

Celeste and Brandon were the ones overseeing Theo's care in Africa. Brandon still lives there as far as we know. They haven't mentioned Celeste in a while. 

Speaking of, I think it's time to bring Cameron back. He was a decent rival of Chad's for Abby. There was just so much to explore with that character. Ironically the real story there was he and Chad and their shared family history. 

Hmm I’m feeling they may bring Celeste back..only speculating that because if this Abe/Paulina thing goes on..gotta put something else in there for drama. 
I still say being Brandon back.

and..who is Cameron!? IDK if I’ve just forgotten, or if I was on one of my breaks from watching.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

and..who is Cameron!? IDK if I’ve just forgotten, or if I was on one of my breaks from watching.

He was Celeste's son that was introduced ~2010.  He got close to Lexie and Theo before Lexie died.  He was infamously the other leg of the love triangle where he and Chad competed for the dubious honor of taking Abifail's virginity.

Edited by drtslim
(edited)
6 hours ago, drtslim said:

He was Celeste's son that was introduced ~2010.  He got close to Lexie and Theo before Lexie died.  He was infamously the other lef of the love triangle where he and Chad competed for the dubious honor of taking Abifail's virginity.

Ahh..well!! Bring him back!! 
anyway..who won? As far as Abigail virginity. Athough I feel like she wasn’t a virgin. But that’s just me, being an asshole..maybe

.. I think I was watching in 2010..if JKJ Philip was back, I was. Is that when OG EJ & Philip were doing some “business “ together?

iDK..I can never keep track of years …comings and going’s and storylines, etc. I do remember Lexie dying though. 
😑🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by Chellfairy
(edited)
On 7/26/2021 at 5:24 PM, Retired at last said:

I laughed at this ..but now that I’m thinking about it. Ciara is much more Kiriakis like than Shawn Douglas!! Too bad Bo isn’t around to set Shawn Douglas straight!! Seriously Do Not Think Bo could even help with Ciara..unless he bitched slapped her around!! And Shawn would be better off with Jan than Belle.

But hey..only my opinions. 
Ps:

Hope is hopeless, since she’s not around AND I wish they would do a SalamRection with Bo.

Edited by Chellfairy
14 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Ahh..well!! Bring him back!! 
anyway..who won? As far as Abigail virginity. Athough I feel like she wasn’t a virgin. But that’s just me, being an asshole..maybe

.. I think I was watching in 2010..if JKJ Philip was back, I was. Is that when OG EJ & Philip were doing some “business “ together?

iDK..I can never keep track of years …comings and going’s and storylines, etc. I do remember Lexie dying though. 
😑🤦🏼‍♀️

Chad actually faked an illness and, Abigail picked him over Cameron. She found out and dumped Chad. This was when Chad took a bullet meant for EJ and was recovering in Boston. He came back as Billy Flynn.

I wouldn't mind another go round for Cameron and Abigail. Or maybe Gabi, Cameron and she also had chemistry. 

Ironically the more interesting pairing was always Cameron and Chad, their parent's shared history and how they were dealing with it as adult men. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/28/2021 at 11:39 PM, Pearson80 said:

Belle has always loved Sami, in fact she actually had no use for Carrie...lol  She was not mean or rude to her but Sami was the big sister that she loved.  While she did not approve of Sami's antics but she never judged her either.  

😅I know I remember her shading snotty gossipy attitude towards Carrie she always loved her Scami more. She knew what Sami was she made some comment to Brandon about not wanting anyone to judge her based on who her sister was she knew what he felt like. Brandon made a comment about not wanting anyone to judge him based off his sister her mistakes.

I think Sami made some comment or Belle said your Nicole brother this is when she was 1st aged. She didn't say what sister but you knew she was talking about Sami cause afterwards Sami sorta clears her thoart or bumps shoulders and she goes Oh I mean Carrie🤣😅Belle's ass was so shady back then

Brady was a whole fucking terror asshole & she still love his ass. He personally dragged her in the middle, used & didn't care about her when he was on that bullshit with Marlena & John esp Marlena knowing that was her mother & how much it hurt as she told him as much.

If she ani't washed her hands of Brady and he then hooked up with a psychopath that raped both her brothers, drugged her sister, terrorized her parents, tried to kill their mom drugged her when she was a child? Then I don't want to hear shit about how Sami is the devil incarnate & how she hates her. Brady did his shit on purpose. They can miss me with that ish. Besides I don't Belle in character would ever or is capable of hating her siblings no matter what. Carrie doesn't even hate Sami and You can't say that Sami hasn't earned her hate, she intentionally set out to destroy her.

It's just not in the character makeup, it's not how she was raised & after witnessing the fallout of her 2 daughters, maybe it's just me Marlena didn't raise her daughter to grow up to hate her siblings no matter what cause she then seen the damage the fracture relationships causes. That's just my perspective based on watching Belle since she was aged, her relationship with Marlena/sibs & Shawn/Phil good/bad✍

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Nique said:

😅I know I remember her shading snotty gossipy attitude towards Carrie she always loved her Scami more. She knew what Sami was she made some comment to Brandon about not wanting anyone to judge her based on who her sister was she knew what he felt like. Brandon made a comment about not wanting anyone to judge him based off his sister her mistakes.

I think Sami made some comment or Belle said your Nicole brother this is when she was 1st aged. She didn't say what sister but you knew she was talking about Sami cause afterwards Sami sorta clears her thoart or bumps shoulders and she goes Oh I mean Carrie🤣😅Belle's ass was so shady back then

Brady was a whole fucking terror asshole & she still love his ass. He personally dragged her in the middle, used & didn't care about her when he was on that bullshit with Marlena & John esp Marlena knowing that was her mother & how much it hurt as she told him as much.

If she ani't washed her hands of Brady and he then hooked up with a psychopath that raped both her brothers, drugged her sister, terrorized her parents, tried to kill their mom drugged her when she was a child? Then I don't want to hear shit about how Sami is the devil incarnate & how she hates her. Brady did his shit on purpose. They can miss me with that ish. Besides I don't Belle in character would ever or is capable of hating her siblings no matter what. Carrie doesn't even hate Sami and You can't say that Sami hasn't earned her hate, she intentionally set out to destroy her.

It's just not in the character makeup, it's not how she was raised & after witnessing the fallout of her 2 daughters, maybe it's just me Marlena didn't raise her daughter to grow up to hate her siblings no matter what cause she then seen the damage the fracture relationships causes. That's just my perspective based on watching Belle since she was aged, her relationship with Marlena/sibs & Shawn/Phil good/bad✍

Great points that I overlooked! However..maybe it’s about time Belle throws a little hate towards big Sis..only because of her bringing Jan back. I mean if there’s one thing that would throw her over the edge, it’s Jan. (With the whole Shawn d high school shit, etc ) And because of what Jan did.. …befriended/kidnapped Threatened Claire’s life and hers, pulls out a gun on her beloved daddy John..maybe it’s just all too much. .  The two people in her life Claire and Daddy..and her stupid husband and the rest of the SPD couldn’t bring any justice. 
Sure , Jan’s actions weren’t Sami’s sole intentions..but if not for Sami..none of that would have happened. 

As far as her and Brady…way back when..he’s just such a great guy now..an inspiration to all.. who could hate on that 🙄

philip..yep, he kidnapped Claire, whom he thought was his daughter, only to have the rug pulled right from under him. So he went a little nuts. He loves Belle and Claire., and would never hurt them. I always think she secretly loves Philip..and he’s a better fit with her than Shawn. He’s also  more capable of protecting Belle and Claire than Shawn could ever.
I guess I’m just enjoying Belle with a little more spunk and shade goin on. And hey..she’s watched Sami her whole life..maybe some of that crazy has rubbed off!???!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Sure , Jan’s actions weren’t Sami’s sole intentions..but if not for Sami..none of that would have happened.

I probably wasn't paying close attention, but I thought Sami's rationale was that Jan was going to be released anyway - she just speeded up the process.  Since Jan was always obsessed with Shawn there's no guarantee that she wouldn't have shown up and tried to ruin their lives, even if it was later.

Edited by DaphneCat
Punctuation
  • Love 2