Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It's great that they are pushing the digital series but I wonder if they realize that some folks don't have access to the Peacock streaming or are living in another country where you either set up a VPN or wait til your country has it available. 

So Carrie and Austin had a fight and half of Salem needs to fly to Zurich? Shane Donovan calls and John has to go? Steve, of course, is busy. It would be tacky to abandon Justin and Bonnie. So he and Doc? Anna runs out of the mansion to go to talk to Roman about going to Zurich because Carrie needs her mom and dad? Carrie is over 40!

How are they going to get there? Private jet? John has one? Is he borrowing one? Is the ISA sending a plane?

Convenient that Paulina burns her breakfast. Uh, that is why you have a timer if you are worried about the food. The caterer sprained the ankle? Uh, wouldn't the caterer have serving staff to bring the meal? Eli hasn't slept but has the weekend off after his shift? Too bad Abe didn't hear the good part of the conversation. Heading to Miami sounds nice.

Chad is going to Phoenix for the long weekend? 

Gabi's white shoes didn't go with her outfit. Yeah, they matched her bag. Red or fuschia would have been a better choice. She and Jake are a bit, uh, um, delusional about their takeover prospects.

If any scones are available, please give me some. I need breakfast.

• Love 5

Maybe Roman felt Nicole deserved his behaviour. Because she is Nicole. Eric is different. Carrie is his princess. Seems to be a double standard. Surprised that he or anyone in the Brady family hasn't forced Allie to move out of Nicole's place. Nicole has been great toward her and has been a friend. Surely Allie can live with EJ and Johnny at the mansion or a room above the pub. 

• Love 2

This was not an episode to watch on a full stomach.

Between those lovebirds, Abe and Paulina, with his "hehehe's" and her "hmp hmp hmps" and Marlena with her strange "Woop woop woop!" sounds she makes when John kisses her, along with Jake and Gabi sounding like they'd just dropped a bowl of live worms in their bed, Show was bad enough to make folks never want to even imagine sex ever again.

And WHY THE HELL was Abe in the process of putting on a TIE for breakfast???  Oh yeah, he's a real live wire, that one is.  Then there was Doc in her Captain Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band suitcoat...... Sex on a schtick all around today.

At least Anna and Tony were entertaining in their crazy way.

Chanel and Johnny need to take a clear headed look around olde Salem Towne and see exactly what happens to sexual desire in this town that hormones forgot and take the next bus outta town before they end up like the rest of the Children of the Corny(y).

Run for your lives!
"

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, boes said:

This was not an episode to watch on a full stomach.

Between those lovebirds, Abe and Paulina, with his "hehehe's" and her "hmp hmp hmps" and Marlena with her strange "Woop woop woop!" sounds she makes when John kisses her, along with Jake and Gabi sounding like they'd just dropped a bowl of live worms in their bed, Show was bad enough to make folks never want to even imagine sex ever again.

And WHY THE HELL was Abe in the process of putting on a TIE for breakfast???  Oh yeah, he's a real live wire, that one is.  Then there was Doc in her Captain Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band suitcoat...... Sex on a schtick all around today.

At least Anna and Tony were entertaining in their crazy way.

Chanel and Johnny need to take a clear headed look around olde Salem Towne and see exactly what happens to sexual desire in this town that hormones forgot and take the next bus outta town before they end up like the rest of the Children of the Corny(y).

Run for your lives!
"

Fast forwarded 90 percent of this episode. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Roman is a hypocrite. With Nicole, he was a complete jerk to her, even though she was very contrite. With Carrie, suddenly marital problems are none of his business? 

How was he a hypocrite? If Carrie and Austin were living in Salem, I'm sure he'd have an opinion and would take Austin to task if he were treating her badly, but he's not about to fly across the world to get in the middle of some argument between his grown daughter and her husband. And, let's not forget, Roman didn't track down Nicole to give her a piece of his mind, she went to his place of business. If she didn't want his opinion, she could have continued to stay away.

• Love 8

God, Jake and Gabi are such trash. It's especially pathetic that they both seem to think they're better than Phillip and the assorted DiMeras because they didn't grow up rich. I'll give Gabi a tiny amount of credit that she worked to build up her company, but what the hell has Jake done? He was a mob flunky, then worked at a garage, and as soon as he found out he was a DiMera started squawking about deserving his "rightful place" at the company. It seems Jake doesn't feel he needs to work at anything just have it handed it to him because he wants it. He may not have grown up rich, but he seems to have inherited the attitude of an entitled rich jerk.

Jake's defining trait seems to only be of a horndog who can't keep it in his pants. Despite not liking Gwen, he only stayed with her because he liked the sex. When he was with Kate, he was constantly using sex to try and shut her up whenever she questioned his feelings for her. Now he seems to only want to stay in bed with Gabi and she has to drag him out for him to get his lazy-ass to do anything.

Gabi's not much better. I get that she hates the DiMeras and is relishing the thought at taking them down, but she seems to have no qualms with taking out Phillip too. Phillip, who regardless of being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, was nothing but good to her. How does she repay him? Gleefully plotting to sabotage him and have his father fire him and to top it off, having sex on his desk. Sickening!

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 16

I realized today I really like NuEJ and I was a huge fan of James Scott. I love the chemistry with Nicole. 

Still can’t stand Bonnie. Hate her. And I cannot believe Justin is marrying this low rent Adrienne look alike. And this obnoxious sister-in-law needs to take a hike. 

• Love 13

I am new to streaming, and I searched on my Peacock app and Beyond Salem does not come up. Is it showing for anyone else? Is this show going to just be there so we can watch it whenever we want, is the whole week coming out at once? I just I don’t want to miss it and I’m not exactly sure how to find it or when to watch it. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

I am new to streaming, and I searched on my Peacock app and Beyond Salem does not come up. Is it showing for anyone else? Is this show going to just be there so we can watch it whenever we want, is the whole week coming out at once? I just I don’t want to miss it and I’m not exactly sure how to find it or when to watch it. 

I found this at ETonline and it says 

Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem will begin streaming on Peacock on Sept. 6. New episodes will be available daily, and the limited-series finale will air on Sept. 10. 

So I guess it won't appear anywhere until then?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Because I have the Xfinity bundle (cable & Internet), I get Peacock, but I haven't checked yet if I can get Beyond Salem (but will assume the answer is yes).

I will watch just to see familiar old faces (hi Shane!  hi Billie!).  And is that Eileen Davidson?!  What role is she playing (has she replaced Stacey Haiduk?)???    

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Roman is a hypocrite. With Nicole, he was a complete jerk to her, even though she was very contrite. With Carrie, suddenly marital problems are none of his business? 

Even though I find this version of Roman completely useless I'm not sure why you would expect him to be ok with Nicole cheating on Eric regardless of what Carrie's marital problems are.  As someone else pointed out Nicole came to him not the other way around.  I mean Marlena hasn't even taken Nicole to task over what she did(unless I missed it).

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Still can’t stand Bonnie. Hate her. And I cannot believe Justin is marrying this low rent Adrienne look alike. And this obnoxious sister-in-law needs to take a hike. 

Ron got rid of Adrienne for Bonnie and that is so offensive on so many levels.   What a hack!

I would have preferred Ron have Adrienne divorce Justin for having an affair with Eve. Justin/Eve had scorching chemistry that was never explored.  Plus, infidelity has always been a part of the Justin/Adrienne relationship so it would not be out of character for Justin to cheat with another woman. Justin and Adrienne both struggled with monogamy, something that people deal with in real life. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

God, Jake and Gabi are such trash. It's especially pathetic that they both seem to think they're better than Phillip and the assorted DiMeras because they didn't grow up rich. I'll give Gabi a tiny amount of credit that she worked to build up her company, but what the hell has Jake done? He was a mob flunky, then worked at a garage, and as soon as he found out he was a DiMera started squawking about deserving his "rightful place" at the company. It seems Jake doesn't feel he needs to work at anything just have it handed it to him because he wants it. He may not have grown up rich, but he seems to have inherited the attitude of an entitled rich jerk.

Jake's defining trait seems to only be of a horndog who can't keep it in his pants. Despite not liking Gwen, he only stayed with her because he liked the sex. When he was with Kate, he was constantly using sex to try and shut her up whenever she questioned his feelings for her. Now he seems to only want to stay in bed with Gabi and she has to drag him out for him to get his lazy-ass to do anything.

Gabi's not much better. I get that she hates the DiMeras and is relishing the thought at taking them down, but she seems to have no qualms with taking out Phillip too. Phillip, who regardless of being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, was nothing but good to her. How does she repay him? Gleefully plotting to sabotage him and have his father fire him and to top it off, having sex on his desk. Sickening!

This!! Every single word!! 
I can’t fucking stand him! I hate his voice and don’t find him attractive or sexy at all. ( the actor as well, never liked Stefan either, so it must be the actor.)

I don’t think he’s really into Gabi . I think he’s using her, just like he used Kate. 

I need him to be brought down! My hope  and dream is that Ej AND Philip will team up and do the right thing!

Ben and Ciara, and especially Ciara, are dumb. Both of you don't really have a job, you don't have a place to live, any real prospects, but time to not renew the birth control because maybe a baby! Argh. I also cannot sleep in a tent on the ground. My poor back. I am too old for the rustic life. Why didn't they rent an RV? You won't get all the bugs, you won't get rained on, etc.

I liked EJ and Nicole. He really wants his money back. Poor Xander.

I liked Steve and Kayla joking about the Calista Lockhart and Harrison Lord names. Uh, yeah, the audience got the bad joke a few days ago. What a pointless character. Can't she put her bag down on the chair or something? Thought the OJ was going to fly out of the champagne glass.

Bonnie has to rob Xander to get the million bucks? 

Poor Xander having to deal with EJ.

Good for Gwen for coming clean to Jack. Xander should not be thrown under the bus for her. Jack needs his friend. Not like he has many folks to talk to.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Jack's disgusting. He's screaming and raging against Xander writing slander articles against him because Xander could have hurt poor innocent Gwen. 

Especially disgusting since he didn't have anywhere near this same level of energy when he found out "poor, innocent Gwen" had drugged and made multiple attempts on the life of his actual innocent daughter.  And he won't have this same energy when it eventually comes out that Gwen, even after she supposedly was trying to "change" was still coming for Abby with her disgusting lie about her miscarriage.  I hope Abby spits in both their faces.

But that's who this Jack is now.  An illogical fool all in service of propping Gwen.  NOTHING he does makes any sense whatsoever.  It's just all propping/cheerleading all the time.  All for such a nasty, selfish, flop of a character who doesn't deserve any of it.  And once's he served his only purpose of propping this nasty bitch, he'll disappear.

Good for Gwen for coming clean to Jack. Xander should not be thrown under the bus for her. Jack needs his friend. Not like he has many folks to talk to.

But she won't come entirely clean will she?  She'll reveal just enough to make herself look good for confessing, but she won't tell the worst of it.  She's going to still continue to lie to his face like she has been.  Nasty wench.

Jack doesn't need either of them.   This show seems to think people want to see Jack playing Daddy to these two as if he doesn't have a son/daughter combo to interact with.

Xander isn't Jack's friend.  If he was he would have never lied to Jack in the first place.  A friend would have told Jack the truth about Gwen when he first found out, but he's just as bad as Gwen now.  Treating him like a fool and a chump. Jack has lots of other people in his life who are more loyal to him than either of those two degenerates.  The show just wants to use Jack to try and redeem them.  It's not about him whatsoever.   

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Watching live. Able to skip Cin by Watching commercials 

The commercials for the insurance companies  are definitely more entertaining than the Ciara/Ben nonsense.  Those two twits reading Shakespeare to each other is worse than nails on a chalkboard.  

Mixed feelings about the mess with Bonnie.  I like the idea of someone’s troubled past coming back to haunt them when they’ve finally reached a sweet spot in life, but Bonnie is so annoying and Calista is suuuch a cartoon.  And yet, Calista almost makes me chuckle at times, and I’m slightly intrigued by Bonnie trying to steal Xander’s money.  

Gwen keeping secrets was more interesting when Abigail was there to make it seem like Jack was stuck in the middle of the two.  Since Abigail had left, it’s like the Writers have been gotten bored with another of their own storylines.  Just please, please, please have Gwen tell the whole truth and put this stinker to bed.  pffft

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Jack's disgusting. He's screaming and raging against Xander writing slander articles against him because Xander could have hurt poor innocent Gwen. 

And the acting was awful. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

And the acting was awful. 

3 hours ago, Sidney said:

Yeah, that was some terrible acting.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

MA is pretty bad imo. Especially in those types of scenes. It's embarrassing lol.

Yep - he came across as so unhinged...almost foaming at the mouth. But like a poster upthread wrote, where was this same energy when Abigail WAS an innocent victim of Gwen's lies/deceits/criminal drugging?! 

I've written on this forum before that J&J were my first favorite Supercouple, and still remained so for many years, even after all the crap DOOL put them through (Jack's multiple "deaths", Daniffer, Peter Blake years, Jack & Laura fiasco, Amnesia Jack & Eve, etc).  I'm not sure there is anything left for me to love about this couple. 

In truth, Carly & Lawrence supplanted J&J as my favorite, but DOOL never made them a "couple" in the usual sense...so I guess J&J still win based on a technicality.

[I am mindwiping Carly "killing" Lawrence and all the crap stories that followed when she returned to Salem] 

• Love 8

I want to give credit to the actors in the storyline, but I can't get into Xen at all. She's been too flimsy and irritating a presence for too long. Sorry Gwen. If you had just been introduced as an evil nanny/secret aunt, that would have worked better.

Matt A really needs to calibrate his reactions. Julie wasn't being mauled by dogs. Take it down a notch, man.

Loved Xander and the shaving cream. Old school humor. Cute.

I had to leave during the endless Cin scenes, but I caught her flippantly saying Grandpa gave her a job at Titan again because...of course he did. He's "Team Ciara"! Who wouldn't be?

Me. I'm Team Vincent.

Not excited to see Doug and Julie miserable.

Not hating Calista. Though her breasts nearly smothered Steve, who was inexplicably coiffed to look like Stevano again. Did a double take when I saw him.

Justin is pathetic. Two failed weddings to two wrong women in two years. And the first not-wife gets to be matron of honor for the second not-wife? Dude...where's your pride? Better yet, where are your kids?

Kayla looked stunning.

Hope Bonnie doesn't get shot.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Julie wasn't being mauled by dogs. 

If only......I could see a pack of Pomeranians deciding enough was ENOUGH with her.

Hope Bonnie doesn't get shot.

You had me until this.  

She could be smothered by the Pillsbury Dough Boy and I'd think she got off too easy.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

Doesn't Ciara have a trust fund?  Or is she not old enough to access it yet.  Also, not crazy about all their scenes being just the 2 of them.  I know it's probably a budgetary thing, but even as a Cin fan, it's boring watching them read Shakespeare. 

Really, really hate what they've done to Justin. with him falling in love with Bonnie.  And all these scenes with Calista are totally stupid.   Also, is there a reason they hired an actress who resembles Bonnie/Adrienne?

So disappointed that they brought Jack back and Jennifer is gone.  Not sure what sort of story they could have given J&J, but something better than this Gwen one, I'm sure.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Justin is pathetic. Two failed weddings to two wrong women in two years. And the first not-wife gets to be matron of honor for the second not-wife? Dude...where's your pride? Better yet, where are your kids?

Not sure about the other boys, but Sonny is in Arizona not doing much of anything (see the first episode of Beyond Salem). Speaking of which...I tried to find a forum specific to this series but couldn't find it, so am posting here.

Spoiler tag just in case anyone hasn't seen the first episode.

Spoiler

Wow, so how long with Christie Clark and Austin Peck be in this show?  And Charles Shaughnessy, Chandler Massey and Lisa Rinna? Speaking of her....YIKES - she looked scary with all that modification she made to her face! 😲 

I liked the theme of the "Alamainia jewels" tying all the stories together. But did have to do major eye rolling about Austin wanting to buy Carrie that amazing necklace!  Is Austin still a forensic accountant/analyst?  Do they really make all that much $$$?

In this first episode, I liked how they tied in what some of the characters were talking about in the previous Friday DOOL episode, and carried over here (Chad visiting Sonny & Will in Arizona, and Eli/Lani/Abe going to Florida with Paulina for Labor day weekend).

I'm curious to know what's going on with Will and how Leo seemed to end up in a room booked under Will's name/credit card.

Edited by norcalgal
Edited to add comments re: Beyond Salem
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, tribeca said:

@buffynut 

I would have liked Jack and Nicole to team up to get dirt on Zander.  During their investigation they stumble across evidence of where Sarah has been.  

Something like that could have been interesting. Definitely better than this endless Gwen storyline.  

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, tribeca said:

@norcalgal there is a thread for the digital show 

@buffynut 

I would have liked Jack and Nicole to team up to get dirt on Zander.  During their investigation they stumble across evidence of where Sarah has been.  

Thanks for this. Weird it didn't show up when I did a search (maybe I put in the wrong search terms).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Not sure about the other boys, but Sonny is in Arizona not doing much of anything (see the first episode of Beyond Salem).

Sonny's older brothers invited him in the company that they set up in Arizona.When Sonny and Will decided to move over there, Sonny said that Arianna would love spending more time with her cousins. So at least one of Sonny's brother has kids.

• Useful 3
On 9/3/2021 at 8:01 PM, Pearson80 said:

Ron got rid of Adrienne for Bonnie and that is so offensive on so many levels.   What a hack!

I would have preferred Ron have Adrienne divorce Justin for having an affair with Eve. Justin/Eve had scorching chemistry that was never explored.  Plus, infidelity has always been a part of the Justin/Adrienne relationship so it would not be out of character for Justin to cheat with another woman. Justin and Adrienne both struggled with monogamy, something that people deal with in real life. 

I would've gone for this I also thought the show should've gone the Justin/Eve route and it almost went that way until Eve stopped it because she realized she was falling into self destructive patterns( hard to believe Eve had self awareness and tried to be a better person despite her awful ways given what she became). Instead she became another Brady love interest and oddly enough I didn't hate Brady/Eve together but she had better chem with Justin. Brady and Eve were better characters and more mature back then compared to what they became after they ended.

So many people would've had a problem with Justin/Eve: Steve, Kayla, Jack, Jennifer, Victor etc. alas this show doesn't go the obvious route. 

I thought EJ has the best line of the day

EJ to Gwen when she introduced herself: I don't care.

I have a whole list of people on this show I want him to express this level of disdain towards.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I would've gone for this I also thought the show should've gone the Justin/Eve route and it almost went that way until Eve stopped it because she realized she was falling into self destructive patterns( hard to believe Eve had self awareness and tried to be a better person despite her awful ways given what she became). Instead she became another Brady love interest and oddly enough I didn't hate Brady/Eve together but she had better chem with Justin. Brady and Eve were better characters and more mature back then compared to what they became after they ended.

So many people would've had a problem with Justin/Eve: Steve, Kayla, Jack, Jennifer, Victor etc. alas this show doesn't go the obvious route. 

Justin and Eve had great potential as a couple.  I really hate how Ron sacrificed her at the serial killer's altar. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3

While I HATE what they're doing to Doug, who HASN'T wanted to shove Julie into a freezer and lock the damn door? I'm surprised she didn't shriek about how it must have been Gabi who did it!

The woman who plays Calista is a bit over the top for me, so hoping this story line ends soon (and also just because it's stupid).

I never, ever, EVER thought I would say this, and it pains me to, but I agree with Ben. You two are not ready to have a child. Like, ever, probably. But especially now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Ciara wants a baby, last week she was marrying Theo. Ben's right to hold out for a bit. And how is she broke? She had a trust fund.

EJ said the best line ever. "Who the hell are you? I don't care."

• Love 10

I agree with Ben about waiting a bit to start a family. Ciara was missing for a while, presumed dead, then lost her memory, and was about to marry Theo a couple of weeks ago. With the wink of a magic fortune cookie, she got her memory back, remarried Ben, and now is on a honeymoon and wants to start a family like now.  Wait six months, find a place to live, get a job, make some money and then think about a baby. Who will raise it? Henderson?

Doug's decline sure is fast. My aunt took a number of years to slowly decline. Doug, who a couple of months ago, was playing racquetball but could barely stand, is now having most likely dementia (given his age) or something like it? It was funny that he locked Julie in the freezer. However, she should not be working alone and there should be a staff member with her at the restaurant. Plus install an alarm in the freezer in case someone accidentally gets locked in.

The whole Calista Lockhart story is dumber than dumb. No reason for it other than to try to break up another wedding/create drama. Making the moves on Steve was stupid. At least ask him who he is first. Take the million and leave the house.

I did like EJ's disdain at Gwen. Poor Xandy. Someone robbed the briefcase. At least he got the right suspect. Wonder if EJ will see his money again.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, buffynut said:

Also, is there a reason they hired an actress who resembles Bonnie/Adrienne?

The Writers tried to make it seem like Adrienne had come back from the dead during Calista’s first scene, so that was probably the only reason. 

As soon as Julie explained that Doug had locked her in the freezer, all I could think about was how loudly @boes was cheering.  

At least Xander knows that Bonnie was in his hotel room.  His presence in this storyline is the only reason I’m not FF-ing this Calista/Bonnie StinkFest.  If only Calista would shoot Bonnie and Xander would shoot Calista...but the Show doesn’t like us to have nice things.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The Writers tried to make it seem like Adrienne had come back from the dead during Calista’s first scene, so that was probably the only reason. 

As soon as Julie explained that Doug had locked her in the freezer, all I could think about was how loudly @boes was cheering.  

At least Xander knows that Bonnie was in his hotel room.  His presence in this storyline is the only reason I’m not FF-ing this Calista/Bonnie StinkFest.  If only Calista would shoot Bonnie and Xander would shoot Calista...but the Show doesn’t like us to have nice things.  

Why nobody has tried this before is beyond me.  I wish Jack had skipped the tea and brought Julie a tall glass of ice water instead.

No court in the land would judge Doug as anything but supremely capable and in full command of his faculties for trying to shut her up.  It's going to take a lot more than him trying to kill Julie to convince me he's losing it.  It's the sanest thing he's done in years.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Steve, who was inexplicably coiffed to look like Stevano again. Did a double take when I saw him.

That is probably his "dress-up" hairdo. You know, a little dab'll do ya 😉

• LOL 5

Really, Julie? You jump to Doug has been kidnapped, then flailed around screeching, running out of the restaurant? Please go back in the freezer.

Doug is ninety f'ing six years old. Dementia didn't occur to you OR Jack? At least Roman had the sense to call them down there - and of course Julie just kept screeching about getting locked in the freezer. Christ, woman. Read the room.

• Love 9
On 9/3/2021 at 11:09 PM, KBrownie said:

Especially disgusting since he didn't have anywhere near this same level of energy when he found out "poor, innocent Gwen" had drugged and made multiple attempts on the life of his actual innocent daughter.  And he won't have this same energy when it eventually comes out that Gwen, even after she supposedly was trying to "change" was still coming for Abby with her disgusting lie about her miscarriage.  I hope Abby spits in both their faces.

But that's who this Jack is now.  An illogical fool all in service of propping Gwen.  NOTHING he does makes any sense whatsoever.  It's just all propping/cheerleading all the time.  All for such a nasty, selfish, flop of a character who doesn't deserve any of it.  And once's he served his only purpose of propping this nasty bitch, he'll disappear.

But she won't come entirely clean will she?  She'll reveal just enough to make herself look good for confessing, but she won't tell the worst of it.  She's going to still continue to lie to his face like she has been.  Nasty wench.

Jack doesn't need either of them.   This show seems to think people want to see Jack playing Daddy to these two as if he doesn't have a son/daughter combo to interact with.

Xander isn't Jack's friend.  If he was he would have never lied to Jack in the first place.  A friend would have told Jack the truth about Gwen when he first found out, but he's just as bad as Gwen now.  Treating him like a fool and a chump. Jack has lots of other people in his life who are more loyal to him than either of those two degenerates.  The show just wants to use Jack to try and redeem them.  It's not about him whatsoever.   

I think Jack NEEDs a friend right now. His wife and daughter are long gone and all he has now is Gwen and  Xander.  At least they’re trying . Quite frankly, If the show can do without Xander and Gwen, then there’s no point in Jack being on the show. . They are also propping Jack.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

I think Jack NEEDs a friend right now. His wife and daughter are long gone and all he has now is Gwen and  Xander.  At least they’re trying . Quite frankly, If the show can do without Xander and Gwen, then there’s no point in Jack being on the show. . They are also propping Jack.

Jack is being used to prop them, especially his horrid daughter. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Jack is being used to prop them, especially his horrid daughter. 

ALL DAY LONG THIS!  A decades-long, beloved character (Jack) is being used to prop a character whose backstory is stupid and for whom the writers don't seem to have fleshed/thought out how she will be deployed long term. 

• Love 9