Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, boes said:

That's true.  And while I may not care for Eric, that pales in comparison to how much I loathed Dr. Tan the Dan Man.  Him accidentally killing Daniel was his best moment IMO.

I will forever be grateful to Eric for ridding us of him.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Eric may not have been able to fly 20 hours or so to Salem, but London is probably an 8-12 hour flight from the Congo. Easy to meet Nicole there. I would love a break from the heat, the mosquitoes, etc. Having a good meal, a night at the theatre or club, hanging out at a park.

It just seems to me that they made it like Eric didn’t seem to miss anyone in Salem. Yeah, Nicole could have tried harder to go visit him.. but honestly WHY? She has a kid and then there was Ally and Henry blanket. Basically, she stepped up and did the jobs both Sami and Eric should have been taking care of. For me, Eric’s character just NEEDS to be NEEDED. And the “Congo” people NEEDED him more than his “family”.  

And Sami..she’s just always NEEDY.

I don’t condone infidelity, ever, and this storyline just sucks ass, so I can’t really care. However, at this point, I don’t blame Nicole one bit. She’s a working mom , taking care of her husbands family and I don’t think it should have been on her to plan a trip to go see her husband who couldn’t be bothered to even try and see her or get her out there to see him.

meh..they just don’t work.

Also..I really don’t know the history of recent Eric/Nicole. I’ve been sporadically watching the last decade, so maybe my opinion would be different if I knew this nu-Eric. But I doubt it! I want to love them ,but just don’t like that actors portrayal, I guess.  And, way way back when Nicole set her eyes on Eric , I wasn’t a fan with that pairing. 
I didn’t think she was good enough for him then. Now I’ve flipped and feel he isn’t good enough for her.

And..is Holly Erics’s kid?? Or was/is he step-daddy? Either way, his volunteer work in “Congo “ pisses me off even more because a girl needs her dad -involved. ( or decent father figure in her life)

I hope this is OVER so whe can all move on! 

Just please..not with Rafe, ohh not again!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I hope AZ submits this ep as an Emmy reel. She was raw, she was real. Most women could see exactly where she was coming from and the hurt and pain from her husband taking off and extending his time away many times. Eric the character probably deserved better than the lame he's been away for a year. She didn't know why she chose Xander. Heck, it could have been the Horton Square construction foreman. The pain had just built up and needed to explode. Did she go out and purposely cheat on her husband? Nope. It hurt to see her talk about Holly missing her only father she has really known. I don't know if Eric truly got it. It was more about his needs and wants. He needed to step inside Nicole's shoes and see how it feels to be lonely, lost, abandoned, maintaining a relationship through the Internet. No one seemed to care how Nicole was really doing, no one asked if she was hurting at all. Just take care of Allie and Henry - by herself, with no help from anyone.

It can be fixed over time. Eric would need both marital counselling with Nicole and his own counselling and some self-healing. Why he put Nicole in that position seemingly thinking of himself. Three to six months was enough to set up whatever progam in Africa. There is Internet use there, there is a phone, etc. He can stay in Salem and visit once every few months.

Sami, EJ is so on to you. The million bucks may need repayment somehow. No matter how much you hate Nicole, you could have just spoken privately to your brother and not purposely blow it up at a party. People do have the right to live their lives as they wish. It's called Free Will. Let Eric make his own mistakes and make his own choices. I don't think he asked for your vote or opinion on what will make him happy.  It's getting old. And Sami, the karma boomerang will be headed your way.

Great, Ciara, marry Theo because you don't fight. And he is nice. Adopt a dog. 

This is a great post and wish I would have read the whole thing before I just posted my last post!
🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Now....that said, way to do Eric dirty. I get that Greg doesn't want a full time contract. Fine. That doesn't excuse his character standing around with no opinions on his freaking marriage.

Today really was the worst though. Dude, you thought Nicole was dead, remember? And now you're just....walking away? Even though you admit the only issue here was you choosing a job over her?

Any halfwit would immediately choose to stay, screw the job, see Holly, go into couple's counseling, take responsibility for your decision to neglect your partner and gradually bounce back. This literally only happened because he stayed away....so he fixes it by....staying away more? Huh??

T

How can he have an opinion on something he did not experience? I actually like that the show allowed Eric to be more reflective about his role in the demise of the marriage. Also, I liked how Nicole brought up Eric's propensity to simply leave a situation, consequences be damned. I wish the show could have delved more into that especially in contrast with Sami.

As for the second bolded point, I thought Nicole had another great point. This isn't an exact quote but she said something about Eric staying in Africa to help people and only receive glory in return. However, being with her means someone actually needing something from him in return that doesn't come with any rewards. Again not an exact quote. But I thought it went well with Eric's savior complex. It was something I wish the show had delved more into because while Nicole said she made Eric a lesser man or whatever the quote was. I actually thought a better framing was she made Eric a real man. One who couldn't just be praised for his selfless deeds, but a man who had to accept that he was just as complex and people needed things from him that sometimes did not come with his being rewarded with endless glory.

I hope that made sense.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

How can he have an opinion on something he did not experience? I actually like that the show allowed Eric to be more reflective about his role in the demise of the marriage. Also, I liked how Nicole brought up Eric's propensity to simply leave a situation, consequences be damned. I wish the show could have delved more into that especially in contrast with Sami.

As for the second bolded point, I thought Nicole had another great point. This isn't an exact quote but she said something about Eric staying in Africa to help people and only receive glory in return. However, being with her means someone actually needing something from him in return that doesn't come with any rewards. Again not an exact quote. But I thought it went well with Eric's savior complex. It was something I wish the show had delved more into because while Nicole said she made Eric a lesser man or whatever the quote was. I actually thought a better framing was she made Eric a real man. One who couldn't just be praised for his selfless deeds, but a man who had to accept that he was just as complex and people needed things from him that sometimes did not come with his being rewarded with endless glory.

I hope that made sense.

This makes perfect sense! Honestly!

ps: but coming from me, who can’t put 2 cents into my own posting thoughts, this can be taken as a plus or a minus.😂

I say +++ and then some 👏👏👏

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think it would be interesting if Ciara was starting to remember things and she was feeling conflicted about the fact that she is/was in love with a serial killer and whether or not that's what she really wants. She could be moving so fast with Theo because he's like the antithesis of Ben and she's trying to fight off feelings for such a shitty man lol. It's kinda how they should have done their initial romance instead of having her whine about people questioning it and browbeating everyone into accepting a serial killer as her boyfriend.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Rafael said:
  22 hours ago, boes said:

That's true.  And while I may not care for Eric, that pales in comparison to how much I loathed Dr. Tan the Dan Man.  Him accidentally killing Daniel was his best moment IMO.

As much as I dislike Eric, I have to agree!! Bring that Eric back, and I’m on board w/everyone else who loves the guy 😬

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

meh..they just don’t work

See, I disagree because the ebb and flow of their relationship has been so determined by the producers delaying getting them together - the Father Eric years - or immediately separating them once they're reunited - using Brady, the warehouse explosion, "Nicole", Africa, etc.

Look at how they write Jarlena or Stayla for comparison. They're both long term couples who never get to just be interesting as two people in a relationship. Because the writers don't know what about that is interesting. The plots - divorce, brainwashing, secret missions, medical emergencies - are the only things written for them. The nuances of human interactions and the evolution of coupledom....? Not important to the writers at all, and the relationships seem "boring" because of it. Either they're about to die....or everything is fine and they're sidelined.

The same thing is at play with Ben and Ciara. If they were both full timers on the show, we'd probably still just be seeing amnesia stories and kidnapping stories. There's plenty of unique relationship drama to mine from a girl devoted to a serial killer...but that would never be the focus.

Ericole work for me because of their history and how their love is such a contradiction to so many people, like Sami. But it would be nice to see some low-key plots for them together. Nicole right now is raising three kids essentially and working full time - that should be plenty interesting! But they don't bother spending time developing it and her storyline is poorer for it.

This year she's been on the fringes of the show for no good reason. I'd have enjoyed seeing her slowly break under the pressure of late night feedings, Allie getting stressed and Holly feeling abandoned by Eric. Where was all that?

Instead we get her sniffing around Rafe. Yawn.

Yesterday should have been the climax to a year of simmering resentments.

Heck, they could have shown us briefly what Eric is dealing with in Africa before he boarded the plane, as context for why he feels so essential to the village. But nope.

There are so many obvious pieces missing here and it makes the end result seem slightly absurd.

Nicole could offer to move to Africa with Eric. Eric could explain what's so damn important about this job. We got neither.

So its easy to say they don't work because...none of the relationships right now boil down to more than character histories and how pretty the actors look together. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I hope that made sense.

This makes perfect sense.  Marlena, AGAIN, told Eric how incredibly proud she was of him.  No one gets told what a wonderful. heroic person they are because they consistently pick up the kids from school/day care.  Or that they really stepped up when their partner was going through a hard time at work or the kids were having trouble at school.   Eric was in AFRICA!!! EVERYTHING he did there was HEROIC!!!  He was making GREAT SACRIFICES!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/19/2021 at 6:36 PM, buffynut said:

I know there's not many of us on this forum, in fact, maybe just me, but I'm still a CIN fan, so looking forward to the eps

I’m (barely) hanging in there with you even though I recognize a lot of the flaws and understand other people’s hate for them.

What’s killing it  (no pun intended)for me is the Ciara actress coming and going. Makes it hard to invest. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I’m (barely) hanging in there with you even though I recognize a lot of the flaws and understand other people’s hate for them.

Whats killing (no pun intended) it for me is the Ciara actress coming and going. Makes it hard to invest. 

I don't necessarily hate them.  If they can try to redeem Ava of all people, and excuse Abigail for trying to kill several people because of her mental illness,  I guess it's conceivable that Ben could actually become a better person.  I just hate that everyone has immediately jumped on the "Ben is the bestest, wonderfullest, most reformed reformer that ever reformed" train.  Everyone acting like he should have a statue erected in his honor doesn't really ring true.  People should still be allowed to harbor resentment for some of his previous actions - even if they understand them.  

What I really hated was Ciara running around screeching at everyone that because SHE had decided he was reformed, they should all immediately agree with her.  Also, her entitled smugness grates.

• Love 9
(edited)

That's why I'll be taking another long break these next few days. Ciara has become so shrill and unpleasant to me. Happy or sad, I can't deal with her while she's stuck on this "Ben's Soulmate" track.

I just caught her in her bedazzled boudoir ensemble carping to Shawn and had to turn it off.

LB you have no idea how much we've missed your Ciara. Truly.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 8

Eric should be aware that true love is without need or expectation. Being a savior of some sort in Africa feeds his ego.

The day to day life of being a husband and a dad - nah.

It is safe to have a relationship via Skype or Zoom or whatever. None of the dirty stuff.

Marlena, yes you can be proud of your son for doing some great work. But also step aside, lady. Nicole is your daughter in law. You don’t need to be friends but you could have lunch or coffee with her once in a while. She is working full time and also raising your granddaughter, your great grandson. Something she did not sign up to do - alone. She believed that it would be a short term thing and that Eric would be back in a couple of months to help out. I doubt that she had no contact with Eric for a year. Surely she could have asked Nicole how she was doing, how she is mentally and emotionally. Nicole wasn’t Ben Weston. Some of her patients would be like Nicole. Maybe nothing was written, or she didn’t care. At least Abe cared. Nicole’s friends dropped off and focused on their own lives. Nicole owes no one in Salem any sort of apology tour.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think it would be interesting if Ciara was starting to remember things and she was feeling conflicted about the fact that she is/was in love with a serial killer and whether or not that's what she really wants.

She actually did have a brief memory recall during one of her arguments with Ben a week or so ago.  Theo showed up and interrupted the moment.  With the way you are so invested in all of their scenes, I’m surprised you missed it.  

*chuckles*

• LOL 3
34 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

She actually did have a brief memory recall during one of her arguments with Ben a week or so ago.  Theo showed up and interrupted the moment.  With the way you are so invested in all of their scenes, I’m surprised you missed it.  

*chuckles*

Did she?  Or did Ben say she did?  I asked that question but no one could remember if there was a flashback.

• Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

you can be proud of your son for doing some great work. But also step aside, lady. Nicole is your daughter in law. You don’t need to be friends but you could have lunch or coffee with her once in a while. She is working full time and also raising your granddaughter, your great grandson. Something she did not sign up to do - alone. She believed that it would be a short term thing and that Eric would be back in a couple of months to help out. I doubt that she had no contact with Eric for a year. Surely she could have asked Nicole how she was doing, how she is mentally and emotionally. Nicole wasn’t Ben Weston. Some of her patients would be like Nicole. Maybe nothing was written, or she didn’t care. At least Abe cared. Nicole’s friends dropped off and focused on their own lives. Nicole owes no one in Salem any sort of apology tour.

Does Marlena even know Holly exists? I don't mean that literally of course. However, have we ever heard anyone from Eric's family say they consider Holly family? Was Holly ever officially adopted by Eric? With Eric seemingly off canvas again, I don't expect any scenes with Holly and Marlena/John/Roman, Sami, Belle, etc. Does Brady, the person from the Evans/Black family who has the strongest relationship with Holly beside Eric, ever refer to Holly as his niece?

I know Eric considers Holly his daughter, but it doesn't seem like anyone else sees her that way.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Has Julie's Place turned into a Coffee Shop?  When Abe & Theo were having coffee together, the sign in the doorway said "Julie's Place"....what happened to the Fancy Restaurant/Bar that was Julie's Place before?  

(edited)
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Did she?  Or did Ben say she did?  I asked that question but no one could remember if there was a flashback.

She did.  I can’t remember if they showed a flashback, or it was aural flashback.  It made me shudder that she was going to get her memory back, because it seemed like a significant recall.  The main reason I watch their scenes is for all of the awful things she says to Ben, and I was worried that was going to be taken from me during that episode.  :D

ETA: OK, I found it.  It was an aural flashback of when Ben found her buried under the rubble.  She hears him calling out to her and calling her his “love”.

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

The new Chanel is really growing on me. She's starting to bring some of that fun energy that PW had. I like her and Eli as friends. The hug from behind was adorable. I'm also still into Chanel/Allie and a Chanel/Allie/Tripp throuple. I need Chanel to have scenes with Tripp soon.

I'm glad they've had Paulina move on and apologize quickly. Lani still being pissed about it is very Lani lol.

I skipped everything having to do with Ben/Ciara, obviously.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The new Chanel is really growing on me.

I have such a soft spot for Precious but I just have to admit to myself that I like Raven more.  She's a more polished actress. In fact, she's the best of the younger set. I feel like she'll be able to dig deeper when emotional stuff comes and fit in more easily with other characters on campus who won't be potential love interests.  And as much as I was willing to stick with Precious while she got polished, I'm not mad that we're already there.

I loved her waking up with a sleep mask on.

Why is Allie explaining herself to Ben?

The story they're telling with Ciara works better if it were Ben, the serial killer, as the groom rather than generally affable and friendly Theo.

[BTW, I'm not watching these scenes, lest you wonder why I'm torturing myself.  I watch about 30 seconds here and there.  That's it. ]

Claire:  Why is Grandma Hope encouraging this wedding?
Me:  Because she's NOT INSANE! She's not breathing the "Ben is a God" air.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I think Nicole works best w/edgy guys a , as well. I disagree that Brady is edgy though 
EJ or Philip would work for me!!

I think he is because he's not above being grey when needed and has self destructive tendencies and well compared to Eric of course he is. 

Now compared to the Kristen type characters no he's not edgy he just is lobotomized to make it work.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Brady is a weak man, his relationship with Kristen is proof of that.. 

Yes I agree he's weak but he has an edge to him compared to other male  characters on this show.

• Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Please explain cause I don't see it at all...  

Well he did trap Vivian in the sarcophagus and has fallen off the wagon multiple times. 

That's more than Eric(except when he killed Daniel), Eli, etc have done in general course this show is actually interested in writing for Brady than other male characters. 

3 hours ago, RedElf said:

Claire needs her own story instead of coattailing on Ben and Ciara.

You can't convince me that Doug plays racketball.

I could believe it if it was a videogame version. Although I remember a couple years back Susan said that Bill was taking up tap dancing. Not sure if that ever happened though.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am going to group these three things together...

14 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

It just seems to me that they made it like Eric didn’t seem to miss anyone in Salem. Yeah, Nicole could have tried harder to go visit him.. but honestly WHY? She has a kid and then there was Ally and Henry blanket. Basically, she stepped up and did the jobs both Sami and Eric should have been taking care of.

and

9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Nicole right now is raising three kids essentially and working full time - that should be plenty interesting! But they don't bother spending time developing it and her storyline is poorer for it.

and finally.

Marlena, yes you can be proud of your son for doing some great work. But also step aside, lady. Nicole is your daughter in law. You don’t need to be friends but you could have lunch or coffee with her once in a while. She is working full time and also raising your granddaughter, your great grandson. Something she did not sign up to do - alone. 

Sami was awarded custody of Henry. When Allie came back, she would have needed to go back to court to get back custody. Since Allie refused to go back to Italy with Sami and Henry, and Sami wanted ultimately for Allie to raise her son, she compromised and gave back Henry and agreed that Allie could stay with Nicole.

NIcole provided room and board and watching over Henry when Allie needed it, but Allie is raising her son. Allie is a 20+ college graduate who has been a legal adult for years. Nicole is not raising either one of them.

Yes, she helps out Allie. A lot. In time and upkeep. And her tiny apartment is overcrowded as it is.

She initially signed up for Allie staying with her and Eric. Then they realized that she was pregnant. Even though, Allie has a ton of family in town that she could stay with (even now). She agreed to continue letting Allie/Henry stay with her even after Eric made plans to go to the Congo. In all these months, she has neither acted or has shown that they were are additional burden on her life. In fact, I am certain Allie and Henry made that tiny apartment seem even less lonely with Eric being away.

The Bradys/Blacks were shown to being nice to her and spending time with Holly when Eric was still living in town. However since the show is rarely using child actors on the show (hence all the blankets and loud baby noises), it can only be assumed that they had continued interacting with Holly offscreen.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well he did trap Vivian in the sarcophagus and has fallen off the wagon multiple times. 

That's more than Eric(except when he killed Daniel), Eli, etc have done in general course this show is actually interested in writing for Brady than other male characters. 

Even though Vivian deserved it, he always seems to interact with women in a an aggressive manner when he is angry.  Do you remember when he raised his hand to Eve in a fit of rage, that was telling and I wished the show had explored that angle..  I am not saying that they needed to turn him into a woman beater but his inability to control himself could have been a good story for him. Plus, he was pretty aggressive verbally with Marlena when he hated her for no reason after she spent his whole life loving him but that was purely a plot-driven mess to make him into Sami.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Even though Vivian deserved it, he always seems to interact with women in a an aggressive manner when he is angry.  Do you remember when he raised his hand to Eve in a fit of rage, that was telling and I wished the show had explored that angle..  I am not saying that they needed to turn him into a woman beater but his inability to control himself could have been a good story for him. Plus, he was pretty aggressive verbally with Marlena when he hated her for no reason after she spent his whole life loving him but that was purely a plot-driven mess to make him into Sami.

I actually wouldn't have minded it as it would be a different type of story for Brady and character driven however soaps no longer write those stories.

It would also explain his self destructive tendencies when it comes to going to the wrong women and drugs.

• Love 1

Gotta disagree. I have ZERO interest in seeing the child of a couple I loved so much turned into a woman beater. That would not be a story, especially under Ron. Just complete character annihilation.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes I agree he's weak but he has an edge to him compared to other male  characters on this show.

Like who?  I mean in his age group?Compared to Philip. EJ, Xander? He pales in comparison, IMO.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

NIcole provided room and board and watching over Henry when Allie needed it, but Allie is raising her son. Allie is a 20+ college graduate who has been a legal adult for years. Nicole is not raising either one of them.

Hmmm.. Allie seems  still very much acting like a teenager. Didn’t even realize she had a college degree. She’s never w/Henry Blanket ! Someone else is always watching him. Be it Abe, Lucas, Roman, Nicole..Allie is too busy  screwing around with Trippy/Chanel. I have to seriously question the statement that she’s raising, even taking care of, poor Henry Blanket! 😟

1 minute ago, Chellfairy said:

Hmmm.. Allie seems  still very much acting like a teenager. Didn’t even realize she had a college degree. She’s never w/Henry Blanket ! Someone else is always watching him. Be it Abe, Lucas, Roman, Nicole..Allie is too busy  screwing around with Trippy/Chanel. I have to seriously question the statement that she’s raising, even taking care of, poor Henry Blanket! 😟

Allie had Henry Blanket in a lot  of her scenes with Tripp. She was recently with him when she met Ciara at Julie's Place when she was asked to be maid of honor for the wedding. Ciara commented on how big Henry has gotten. Even though I don't think Ciara has ever met Henry (he was born after she was presumed dead) and left town when she found to have amnesia of her Ben years.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Allie had Henry Blanket in a lot  of her scenes with Tripp.

True! Yet he was helping her because she was overwhelmed and couldn’t handle the baby.

Agree to disagree! She is not maternal with her child. She’s looking for a partner, amd can’t make up her mind! Instead, she should just be focusing on raising Henry-blanket . 😟😖

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

True! Yet he was helping her because she was overwhelmed and couldn’t handle the baby.

Agree to disagree! She is not maternal with her child. She’s looking for a partner, amd can’t make up her mind! Instead, she should just be focusing on raising Henry-blanket . 😟😖

To be fair, she never wanted the baby but that is no excuse though.

I don't understand why Ron even gave her a baby, how did that help her characterization and her relationships. Even Sami his grandmother lost interest in him. It was just a plot point that went nowhere.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

So the wedding of doom is off to a good start. What is it with this show and planes that have mechanical issues? The mother of the bride is a no-show. I was impressed that Ciara did her wedding makeup in that white nightgown and robe. No towel or anything for mistakes or fallout. Given that the last time we saw Doug, he wasn't standing much, him doing something to his rotator cuff while playing racquetball is amazing. PickleBall, maybe.

Claire, please do get out of the house. Ciara was being her smug, unpleasant self. Such a shame to throw her bouquet at her and attack her with it. Guess you won't be the next bride any time soon.

Abe, don't waste your time trying to convince Theo to postpone the wedding for a little bit.

Chanel was cute in her sleeping mask and I liked her outfit. Too bad she is currently being friend-zoned by Allie. Give her some time to think about it.

So Paulina cancelled the profitable Pricetown and is going back to the original plan? Wonder if it is real.

Claire, don't give Ben ideas about the past Hope wedding kidnapping.

Allie, Henry Blanket should be almost walking by now or at least crawling around a lot. 

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

To be fair, she never wanted the baby but that is no excuse though.

I don't understand why Ron even gave her a baby, how did that help her character.  It was just another plot that went nowhere..

Indeed

Only to have her accuse Tripp of Rape, bring Charlie in, only to have him murdered, and have everyone in Salem accused of that crime 
Charlie was a good criminal/bad guy to have around. Especially since turning all the other bad guys into saints.

Ugh!!
what a waste of time and energy 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 7
(edited)

Honestly, what is WRONG with all these jerks trying to stop Ciara from dumping her serial killer squeeze?  Doesn't she realize it's twu lub?   Ciara's got some nerve, wanting to  marry someone who isn't a convicted serial killer with serious control issues who looks upon kidnapping as a romantic escapade!  That Theo is trouble, I tell you, Trouble!

He hasn't killed a single person.  What a pathetic excuse for a man.

Doug's "I'm off to play racquet ball, Julie!" fakeout might be over.  It's pretty apparent that he's really been hiring out a racquet ball court these past many years, not to play a game but to instead bang his head repeatedly against the wall wondering what the hell he was thinking marrying that human foghorn.

Romance in Salem is in trouble, folks.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

So the wedding of doom is off to a good start. What is it with this show and planes that have mechanical issues? The mother of the bride is a no-show. I was impressed that Ciara did her wedding makeup in that white nightgown and robe. No towel or anything for mistakes or fallout. Given that the last time we saw Doug, he wasn't standing much, him doing something to his rotator cuff while playing racquetball is amazing. PickleBall, maybe.

Claire, please do get out of the house. Ciara was being her smug, unpleasant self. Such a shame to throw her bouquet at her and attack her with it. Guess you won't be the next bride any time soon.

Abe, don't waste your time trying to convince Theo to postpone the wedding for a little bit.

Chanel was cute in her sleeping mask and I liked her outfit. Too bad she is currently being friend-zoned by Allie. Give her some time to think about it.

So Paulina cancelled the profitable Pricetown and is going back to the original plan? Wonder if it is real.

Claire, don't give Ben ideas about the past Hope wedding kidnapping.

Allie, Henry Blanket should be almost walking by now or at least crawling around a lot. 

Ciara is just insufferable right now. Are we supposed to like her? She wouldn’t be acting like a spoiled, entitled bitch if Bo were around. Her mother abandoned her. Fuck this show for not recasting actors who quit.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
48 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Ciara is just insufferable right now. Are we supposed to like her? She wouldn’t be acting like a spoiled, entitled bitch if Bo were around. Her mother abandoned her. Fuck this show for not recasting actors who quit.  

Yep! If they can’t recast..then just get rid of their kids, who are complete failures to their legacy!

it’s infuriating  and sad at the same time 

Although, don’t really mind Ciara being a nasty spoiled bitch, as long as they keep her that way. Which means Theo and Ben won’t work paired with her ! If she’s gonna be like that, let her be alone and miserable, getting all the hate she deserves. Not just because she doesn’t want to be with Ben..but because she’s just a genuine asshole.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 6
(edited)

Ciara needs to be hit back on her head. She point out theo was the only one with no expectations.  If there's only one person in your entire life, when you have a massive family who love you, you don't think something is off there? This one person who does not want you to remember because he gets what he wants is the good one? It benefited him. The rest of the loved ones had nothing to gain, but her memories and what she'd want back. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's such a bad look for Autistic Theo to be painted as the guy who needs to trick a girl down the aisle.

Do they even remember Theo is autistic.I mean on hollyoaks there's a character and actress are autistic and they actually write for her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's such a bad look for Autistic Theo to be painted as the guy who needs to trick a girl down the aisle.

1 minute ago, Harmony233 said:

Do they even remember Theo is autistic.I mean on hollyoaks there's a character and actress are autistic and they actually write for her.

Theo made this reference to his autism the other day, defending his upcoming marriage by mentioning how Ciara always stood up for him because of his autism.  I could easily be wrong but the way he said it made it sound like his autism was in the past.

Odd choice if that's what the writers meant to say since that's not how autism works.

I loathe Ciara so entirely that she choosing to spend her life with a serial killer is fine with me but what I can't stomach is that the people of this town dare to give the side eye to ANYONE, EVER, if they find a serial killer just a SOOPER guy.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, boes said:

Theo made this reference to his autism the other day, defending his upcoming marriage by mentioning how Ciara always stood up for him because of his autism.  I could easily be wrong but the way he said it made it sound like his autism was in the past.

Odd choice if that's what the writers meant to say since that's not how autism works.

I loathe Ciara so entirely that she choosing to spend her life with a serial killer is fine with me but what I can't stomach is that the people of this town dare to give the side eye to ANYONE, EVER, if they find a serial killer just a SOOPER guy.

👏💫🥂💫👏

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, chediavolo said:

See.  I don't see her this way.  I see Ciara as trapped in some kind of horror show where she's surrounded by pod people--people whose faces she recognizes but who are asking her to do insane things like hold out for a serial killer.

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

But he's not tricking her down the aisle.  That's what's so frustrating about this.  I don't think the show is intentionally vilifying him but when they make everyone in town on the side of Ben and Ciara and only give Theo a limited point of view, it's the potentially unintended consequences in the eyes of some viewers.

Not mine, though.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

See.  I don't see her this wear.  I see Ciara as trapped in some kind of horror show where she's surrounded by pod people--people whose faces she recognizes but who are asking her to do insane things like hold out for a serial killer.

But he's not tricking her down the aisle.  That's what's so frustrating about this.  I don't think the show is intentionally vilifying him but when they make everyone in town on the side of Ben and Ciara and only give Theo a limited point of view, it's the potentially unintended consequences in the eyes of some viewers.

Not mine, though.

My whole take on CIN is 😱🤮

my take on Theo and Ciara..the same, take away Ben- insane serial killer.

I feel they’re both “controlling” Ciara. Though her personality makes it hard to defend her.

If Theo were truly concerned and cared for her,  “knowing each other so well”, because of their childhood history, he’d realize that they would be better off postponing this marriage. Taking more time getting to know each other in “that “ way.

Ciara’s  insisting on this rushed wedding, not to mention on her and Ben’s one year anniversary , should really give him a clue that something is amiss .

Of course we know the wedding won’t take place, but this whole shit show plot could have been avoided if he played it more intelligently. 
I’m just bitter about what’s coming up for this storyline 

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

If Theo were truly concerned and cared for her,  “knowing each other so well”, because of their childhood history, he’d realize that they would be better off postponing this marriage. Taking more time getting to know each other in “that “ way.

I have a specific opinion on what controlling looks like and "going along with what someone else wants" doesn't fit in there anywhere.

At all. It's the opposite of controlling. Even if going along with what someone wants might not be the best decision. (And in non-WTF world, most people would be thrilled she's moving on.)

Theo's banking on his long history with her.  He wasn't around when Ciara and Ben were married so this "great love" is as abstract to him as it is to her.  She's not mentally incompetent either. 

He knows there's a risk. He accepts that risk. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7