Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I have a specific opinion on what controlling looks like and "going along with what someone else wants" doesn't fit in there anywhere.

At all. It's the opposite of controlling. Even if going along with what someone wants might not be the best decision. (And in non-WTF world, most people would be thrilled she's moving on.)

Theo's banking on his long history with her.  He wasn't around when Ciara and Ben were married so this "great love" is as abstract to him as it is to her.  She's not mentally incompetent either. 

He knows there's a risk. He accepts that risk. 

Actually, after thinking about it, you are 100% correct! It’s not Theo who’s being controlling here..it’s Ciara! Very manipulative! 
if Theo is that desperate , as he’s coming across. I just feel sorry for him ! But he did make the decision to go along with it, so I guess he gets what’s coming. I just wish he could see what’s really happening.

• Love 4

Oh Wow!  Today's episode is the epitome of "soapiness"....I got such a kick out of everything that was happening!  Karma is coming back for lots of characters.  Each scene was building up & I was loving it.   Ohhh Sami!  She's in big trouble now & I loved the nuEJ being so angry at the end & his energy with Belle is quite entertaining.  

• Love 11

That was quite the amount of guests in the church. Lol

Ciara was such the blushing bride to everyone today. She was miserable then saying how she's so happy. Lol 

Can't wait to see what EJ does now. Good for Nicole. She was more generous to EJ than what Sami did to her. 

Belle was spot on with her comments on Sami. 

• Love 6

The only drawback for me was I wish we would have gotten a scene between Nicole and Sami where Nicole just winks at Sami---or just some nod to the fact that she got payback.

I'm far more interested in their confrontation than EJ's confrontation with Sami--although I guess the plan might be for EJ to torture Sami a bit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Jesus, Ciara is a heinous bitch.

I wonder why EJ called Nicole Nicole instead of Nicky?

Where's Henry, if Allie is at the wedding and Nicole is taunting Sami?

If I were Shawn, I would be creeped  out having a full on conversation with my sister in her negligee, dangling seductively off her shoulder.

Did Shawn not bother to gaze at the face of his sister before walking her down the aisle?

• Love 9

nuEJ brought it today and I think he’s finding his groove. Hopefully, he keeps the scruff. It looks good on him. That said, I would have much preferred the letter reveal done by Nicole to Sami. It looks like the show wants it to be from EJ’s eyes for now. I’m assuming we’ll get a meet up with Nicole and Sami but I just hope it isn’t a cat fight. They’ve had so many of them already. I just want both ladies to confront each other and let have it. LOL!!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

I wonder why EJ called Nicole Nicole instead of Nicky?

Where's Henry, if Allie is at the wedding and Nicole is taunting Sami?

Because Nicole doesn't matter to EJ, so no need for him to call her by that nickname.

Allie lied to Ciara about getting a call from the sitter, but it is most likely that Henry is with a sitter.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

To be fair, she never wanted the baby but that is no excuse though.

I don't understand why Ron even gave her a baby, how did that help her characterization and her relationships. Even Sami his grandmother lost interest in him. It was just a plot point that went nowhere.

If anyone should've come to town pregnant it should've been Stephanie with Phillip's baby. However she keeps it from him because he knew Ava was alive and kept it a secret thus not trusting him as a father.  Steve/Kayla are conflicted while Kayla understands Steve as a father doesn't agree even if he doesn't want to be tied to Victor. Chloe finds out and it would be a role reversal over the whole Parker saga. Hell even throw Kate into this story as this would be something that she would be far more watchable in than anything involving Jake.  

Instead they stuck such a milquetoast character in Allie with a kid that nobody cares about. I mean Sami is one thing she's actually interesting(even if I hate her) and Will drove stories for years. Allie not so much. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Like who?  I mean in his age group?Compared to Philip. EJ, Xander? He pales in comparison, IMO.

Well compared to Eli, Eric(when he was on the show), Chad yes I find him edgier at least pre-Kristen.

• Love 2

Trying to watch today’s ep, but my god Ciara is a raging bitch.  

Also, as against this wedding as I am, I think it’s shitty how everyone is canceling. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, DanaMB said:

Trying to watch today’s ep, but my god Ciara is a raging bitch.  

Also, as against this wedding as I am, I think it’s shitty how everyone is canceling. 

I also think it has to do with Days "Dollar Tree" budget and Covid not having too many people there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 7/21/2021 at 6:19 PM, Pearson80 said:

Nicole was a rockstar today. I loved how she calmly and cooly handed EJ the letter. I also loved her snark about it hurting the most that she slept with Lucas and mentioning Lucas’s “assets”.

Speaking of Lucas, I loved his scenes with Sami. He loves her so much! Why can’t we get them together!

• Love 15

Ok, so I have been hating Ciara lately, even though I’m a CIN fan. HOWEVER…

This girl has no memory of her love for Ben. He is a serial killer. He has just now kidnapped her. It’s not charming… it should be terrifying for her. 

Any other scenario, and I’m all over this trope. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Nicole was a rockstar today.

I did like the show's choice to make EJ a bit of a dick today when he defended his wife's choice to expose her.  That was a nice touch to help explain how a depressed Nicole found her joy in sharing Sami's secret. 

17 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

This girl has no memory of her love for Ben. He is a serial killer. He has just now kidnapped her. It’s not charming… it should be terrifying for her. 

Yes.  And why are Ben and Claire talking like Ciara getting married is the end of everything?  Like--of course she can get a divorce if she wants one.  Theo might be sad but he got over her once; he will again.  They're talking as if Ciara gets married then someone dies.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Her mother abandoned her. Fuck this show for not recasting actors who quit.  

Nah. Kristian Alfonso quit because even she insinuated the show has turned to shit. She isn't wrong.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

Nah. Kristian Alfonso quit because even she insinuated the show has turned to shit. She isn't wrong.

She quit because her ego was too big. Ken told her they were going to rest Hope for a few months then bring her back with a navy seal. KA said she even got chills when they pitched her the story. But she didn’t like being rested so she quit in a huff. Deidre and Drake were flat out fired for nearly three years and didn’t bitch. KA just got her ego bruised.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

She quit because her ego was too big. Ken told her they were going to rest Hope for a few months then bring her back with a navy seal. KA said she even got chills when they pitched her the story. But she didn’t like being rested so she quit in a huff. Deidre and Drake were flat out fired for nearly three years and didn’t bitch. KA just got her ego bruised.

I don't blame her. *Shrug* She gave over 30 years to this show, but let's rest those that made this show and give no definite time line for a return while the show pushes crap stories.

Tomato, tomahto.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't blame her. *Shrug* She gave over 30 years to this show, but let's rest those that made this show and give no definite time line for a return while the show pushes crap stories.

Tomato, tomahto.

You said she quit because of bad stories. That’s not what happened. She thought the story was good. She just didn’t want to be rested. Her ego was too big. She thought she was the Queen Bee and should have been catered to. DH and DH, plus SN and MBE had better attitudes. KA is probably mad that Ken didn’t run after her and cave to her demands.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

You said she quit because of bad stories. That’s not what happened. She thought the story was good. She just didn’t want to be rested. Her ego was too big. She thought she was the Queen Bee and should have been catered to. DH and DH, plus SN and MBE had better attitudes. KA is probably mad that Ken didn’t run after her and cave to her demands.

She did. She outright said the current Days was not the show she remembered. A nicer way of saying the show sucks. You brought up ego as to why KA quit.

Either way, it's clear we disagree, which is fine.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Maybe her ego is fine.  Maybe she no longer felt the need to put up with anything she didn't like.  Maybe she didn't need what the show gave her anymore, financially and psychological.

Maybe DH and DH did still need all those things.  Maybe SN and MBE did too.

Maybe and maybe not to all of it.

I don't believe that any of our soap stars, even beloved vets, owe anything, in the end, to the show or the fans once the payoff of working becomes less than the rewards.  Nobody owes more to other people's abstractions, be it show runners or fans than they do to their own needs and desires.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

It should be, but they don't write her as scared of him at all. She shows up in his apartment, with him all alone, all in his personal space. She says he's a killer yet makes no reaction to be scared to be in a room with him.  

• Love 4

Wow. That is a small wedding guest list. They could have had the ceremony in Hope's living room. Theo could have done something to his hair - maybe used some product to make it look good in pictures.

Ciara was an entitled little one today. If Theo wants to marry her bitchness, all the power to him. He is in for that for the rest of his life. I'd run.

Lucas, maybe you should have told Sami that you gave the letter to Philip.

I did enjoy Philp going to Nicole's and giving her day a boost. IT is always wine o'clock.

I also liked Nicole visiting EJ. Liked his reference of Eric being St. Francis of Assissi. Guess he didn't enjoy reading the letter that Kristen mentioned she had sent. It did eventually get to its intended recipient.

Wonder how he will chat with Sami about it. The karma boomerang came a little faster than expected. Too bad Nicole couldn't read the letter as entertainment at another party and out Sami publicly.

And yeah, Belle, everything you said to EJ about Sami was true. And you called him on why someone as Machiavellian as him had a blind spot regarding Sami.

Ben, how did you get the car that would pick up the bride? Claire, how did you fit the wedding dress? Surely Shawn would have given the bride a kiss on the cheek before taking her down the aisle.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Days is on break? Why did I not know this?! This show may suck sometimes but I still want to watch it everyday. I need something to complain about. 

There's this little thing called "The Olympics" that will occupy hundreds of hours of TV time :)

• Love 5

On another note, I really like Martha Madison, based on her Twitter posts. But man, Belle still seems so...blah...to me. Always has. I know she is a legacy character, but liven her up!

Or recast Carrie. I'd be interested to see Carrie interact with her younger sorta clone. (As Belle seems to be the new "good" sister next to Sami's "bad" sister.)

Since Christie Clark has a life and family in England...since Fuller House is done, I wonder what Clark's predecessor, Andrea Barber, is up to these days?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

On another note, I really like Martha Madison, based on her Twitter posts. But man, Belle still seems so...blah...to me. Always has. I know she is a legacy character, but liven her up!

Or recast Carrie. I'd be interested to see Carrie interact with her younger sorta clone. (As Belle seems to be the new "good" sister next to Sami's "bad" sister.)

Since Christie Clark has a life and family in England...since Fuller House is done, I wonder what Clark's predecessor, Andrea Barber, is up to these days?

I think Christie Clark was up to returning for a bit but then COVID-19 got in the way. I don’t think it would be anything long term (which I doubt Days even wants)  but I think she likes everyone at Days and might return……someday. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think Christie Clark was up to returning for a bit but then COVID-19 got in the way. I don’t think it would be anything long term (which I doubt Days even wants)  but I think she likes everyone at Days and might return……someday. 

I mentioned Barber just because of the fact that Clark's Carrie would not be permanent. 😊 If the show wants a long-term Carrie, recasting is the only option. Wish the show would recast Ciara or rest her, too.

The coming and going at will drives me insane. Stay or go, but pick one.

• Love 5
(edited)
32 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I mentioned Barber just because of the fact that Clark's Carrie would not be permanent. 😊 If the show wants a long-term Carrie, recasting is the only option. Wish the show would recast Ciara or rest her, too.

I get what you are saying but as much as I love Carrie, she no longer fits on the show. I shudder to think how Ron would write her so it is best that she is not in Salem.  I do not wish to see Sami and Carrie at each others throats over a man. I never got a story where the sisters would have to work together for a common goal while dealing with their tumultuous past once and for all. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I get what you are saying but as much as I love Carrie, she no longer fits on the show. I shudder to think how Ron would write her so it is best that she is not in Salem.  I do not wish to see Sami and Carrie at each others throats over a man. I never got a story where the sisters would have to work together for a common goal while dealing with their tumultuous past once and for all. 

The last time Carrie returned they had her sleep with Rafe. What a waste.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

It can be all the things. I do think she has been frustrated with stories she has had.  And I do think she was frustrated that her continuous years and continuing popularity didn't earn her some consideration.  But I think most of us would be mad if our employer kept canceling our contracts and told us that they'd get to decide when we work.  I know I'd probably look for another job too. KA can get "just another actor" treatment while pursuing a variety of roles.

About two years ago, SN left the show when he didn't love a story or didn't feel like he was offered enough money. 

MBE does have a great attitude but she also has The Bay.  The DHs were let go in 2009 but  they've been on and front burner since they came back 10 years ago.  If DOOL were to fire them again, who knows?  They might decide to retire too.

I'm not opposed to a Hope recast but I am opposed to recasting the role if they don't feel like there's a place for the character on the show.  Let's face it, her kids have a light to sporadic role on this show (Shawn is kind of background and Ciara comes and goes).  The love of her life is dead.  Her cousin isn't currently on the show. 

And it's pointless to bring on a random nuHope when there wasn't even a wedding.  We all know what she would have done, right?  Basically everything Shawn, Allie, Claire, Ben...blah blah blah have been doing.  She'd just be another Ben cheerleader.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

The last time Carrie returned they had her sleep with Rafe. What a waste.

Ye gads, I'm glad I missed that. Austin's bad enough but Rafe...*shudder*

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The only drawback for me was I wish we would have gotten a scene between Nicole and Sami where Nicole just winks at Sami---or just some nod to the fact that she got payback.

I'm far more interested in their confrontation than EJ's confrontation with Sami--although I guess the plan might be for EJ to torture Sami a bit.

Yes! Please!

For me , it is all about Sami and Nicole and I hope AZ & AS bring it full on !!
I want these characters back, true to self. It freakin’ took long enough. The viewers deserve some good old classic Sami/Nicole.

Bonus is for EJ to torture Sami, as he should. But not for long, please, Ejami never should have happened in the first place, so let’s just end them once and for all! They have no chem anyway.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm not opposed to a Hope recast but I am opposed to recasting the role if they don't feel like there's a place for the character on the show.  Let's face it, her kids have a light to sporadic role on this show (Shawn is kind of background and Ciara comes and goes).  The love of her life is dead.  Her cousin isn't currently on the show. 

And it's pointless to bring on a random nuHope when there wasn't even a wedding.  We all know what she would have done, right?  Basically everything Shawn, Allie, Claire, Ben...blah blah blah have been doing.  She'd just be another Ben cheerleader.

All of this! ♥️👏♥️👏

• Love 1

5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

There's this little thing called "The Olympics" that will occupy hundreds of hours of TV time :)

HOURS AGO,  BYANOSE SAID: 

Days is on break? Why did I not know this?! This show may suck sometimes but I still want to watch it everyday. I need something to complain about. 

how long is the show not going to be on??? Anyone know?

1 hour ago, Chellfairy said:

HOURS AGO,  BYANOSE SAID: 

how long is the show not going to be on??? Anyone know?

Isn’t it usually 2 weeks?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I never know if it’s a budget (to save money) or they just want to get rid of them. They do it way too much though. The other soaps don’t do that.

(edited)
55 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I never know if it’s a budget (to save money) or they just want to get rid of them. They do it way too much though. The other soaps don’t do that.

I'm kinda grateful for it because it gives me a break from characters I don't enjoy (Ciara, due to the writing for her) while giving (presumably) Ron the chance to bring back characters the show doesn't want to keep around (Will).

Plus in real life people come and go so it feels reasonable - sometimes. So I get your point.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I wonder If Days is on break or still taping during these two weeks?!

I saw on another site that they've started filming again after a break of one or two weeks.

9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Plus in real life people come and go so it feels reasonable - sometimes. So I get your point.

I don't think short stints usually help the show.  Will showing up was fine because his presence didn't halt the forward progress of the show and his voice makes sense.  And it would make sense to see him if Allie gets in deeper with Chanel.  It works for a supporting role unless it's going to be a longer term stint that drives stories.

But the problem with Ciara is that she comes on, stays for a few weeks to a month, and takes over the show. And the fact that she comes and goes basically puts any story they try to tell with Ben (not that I care about Ben stories) in a holding pattern. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

nuEJ brought it today and I think he’s finding his groove. Hopefully, he keeps the scruff. It looks good on him. That said, I would have much preferred the letter reveal done by Nicole to Sami. It looks like the show wants it to be from EJ’s eyes for now. I’m assuming we’ll get a meet up with Nicole and Sami but I just hope it isn’t a cat fight. They’ve had so many of them already. I just want both ladies to confront each other and let have it. LOL!!!!!

EJ yeah..he definitely brought  it! A++ for nu EJ! Not  sure about the scruff , only because I LOVE dimples!!

Kind of happy Nicole went to EJ,, Sami would have destroyed the proof for sure! Also, wouldn’t mind a cat fight, only because I want Nicole to totally kick Sami’s butt!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But the problem with Ciara is that she comes on, stays for a few weeks to a month, and takes over the show. And the fact that she comes and goes basically puts any story they try to tell with Ben (not that I care about Ben stories) in a ho

Absolutely!! 1000%!!

Ben can fuck off! Just so so not like him. Serial killer, romantic cool intelligent  guy.. whatever, just don’t care.

Unless they put him w-Allie-Rafe- Theo or even Tripp..that may be just ok.

Or Marlena🤭🤫😵

Edited by Chellfairy
4 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Hold up! So was no show today ?

Nope.  We are officially on our 11 day break while the Olympics are on.

BTW, I should point out that I think Alison's comings and goings are better.  She stayed long enough to help Allie with the custody/murder story.  Then she is now here long enough to tell this affair story.  I don't know if she's staying or going again but both will work.  A breakup with EJ could send her out of town.  Or a breakup could lead to a reconciliation (yuck) or a new romance/story for her.

• Love 5

Poor Theo 😞.  I did enjoy his family breakfast and glad Lani said she would be his best man.  
   Ben being the chauffeur and saying we aren’t going to the church was creepy and reminded me of a horror movie.  

• Love 6