Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Maggie's letters to Victor and Sarah were well done--Maggie would feel guilt ridden and not worthy of forgiveness because she hurt so many people she loved and I think it was especially poignant because we could hear SR's voice as Victor read and Maggie wrote the letters--her pain was palpable.  And I have to tell you, I was kind of shocked that the show had Maggie not only tearing up sheets in order to make a noose, but they also showed her unconscious with it around her neck.

Orpheus is so weirdly menacing when he's talking to Zoey, as if she isn't his child and he can threaten her without remorse--it seems as if Christian and David are the only relatives he cares about.

I like Sarah and I don't want her involved with Brady because if they do somehow get together, he'll just throw her over when Kristen returns with Rachel and no one deserves to be second choice.  I did like his phone call to Tate though and that Brady got Theresa a Mother's day present for Tate to give to her--that was very thoughtful.

• Love 11

- Good job bringing Eric around Nicole.  Now go find Brady. 
- Sarah + drinking = BAD DECISIONS

- Go Xander!  I’m totally buying Xander's transformation.  His FIRST thought when he heard from Rafe was to think of Maggie.  He went to the Police Station to bail out Sarah.  And now he’s going to save Maggie.  This is a redemption arc I like. Please don’t backslide. 
- Sarah was awfully quick to move on from horror at Kristin on the run to revenge. That should have been a longer talk.  Brady didn’t say enough IMO to sell that story.  

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Maggie's letters to Victor and Sarah were well done--Maggie would feel guilt ridden and not worthy of forgiveness because she hurt so many people she loved and I think it was especially poignant because we could hear SR's voice as Victor read and Maggie wrote the letters--her pain was palpable.  And I have to tell you, I was kind of shocked that the show had Maggie not only tearing up sheets in order to make a noose, but they also showed her unconscious with it around her neck.

Orpheus is so weirdly menacing when he's talking to Zoey, as if she isn't his child and he can threaten her without remorse--it seems as if Christian and David are the only relatives he cares about.

I like Sarah and I don't want her involved with Brady because if they do somehow get together, he'll just throw her over when Kristen returns with Rachel and no one deserves to be second choice.  I did like his phone call to Tate though and that Brady got Theresa a Mother's day present for Tate to give to her--that was very thoughtful.

If Sarah gets together with Brady she will deserve what she gets.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 7

Ugh this Maggie storyline sucks balls - I hate everything about it (and while I love SR - I need her to stop crying all the live long day) - I will say that the letters were well done & hearing SR was really good.

I adore Xander & will always be on his side (no matter what he does)

While I loathe Eric & Nicole - I enjoyed their convos the last few days.

Oh Sarah - please don't sleep with Brady - it's never good when a woman sleeps with Brady.

I also loved Marlena going to Rafe even though Orpheus told her not too (I'm one of the few who actually doesn't mind Rafe) - I am guessing Marlena called Steve at the end?   It's the only other person I can think of that she would call other than Brady (and we know she didn't call him)

• Love 7

Still not caring for the new Zoey....and how Dumb is she?!  Like her crazy Father is not going to find her?!  And how Dumb was Rafe letting her babysit for David?!  What is with these people! 🙂 Orpheus is too creepy for me.  And that scene with Maggie with the noose around her neck was hard to watch.  But, Yay to Xander for wanting to save Maggie, she is like a Mother to him. 

• Love 6

Brady: "If I had any doubt that Kristen would be anything but a good, caring mother, I never would've handed Rachel off to her."

Smash cut to Kristen trying to shove Rachel back in her womb so she can "get it right from the beginning."

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, SueB said:

Well, it's been a minute.  I moved houses and what-not.  Took me a while to catch up both with the show and the on-line posting.  So... here's a massive data dump of feels/thoughts, bolded for skimming:

Baby Mama Drama: Rex is the MVP.  LG has about 15 emmy reel options.  Loved Xander just trying to help (he really DOES love her and the Baby).  Was Brady dropped on his head as a child? Just saying -- I can see HOW the story wrote it to make rational sense to Brady in Brady-view but it's thin (bottom line - he didn't want to lose access to Tate.  That's it.  That's the rationale).  I think Kristin will protect Rachel from harm (and get her medical follow-up), but Kristin needs to avoid any kind of stress whatsoever because she's got a Hyde side with an instinct to kill.  Not Rachel, never Rachel, but anyone who is a threat to Rachel.  

Eric/Nicole: If ONLY his speech hadn't called Rachel 'the most important person in the world to me', I would have been okay with it.  He had very good points.  But it came across "me, me, me!" a bit.  At the end, when Nicole hugged him ... I swear the look on her face was 'come here man-baby, let me distract you so you don't do something you'll regret."  I swear, she knows EXACTLY who she has as a future husband (that's coming, right?).

Gabi/Jake: Love to see the Stabi-vibe back.  I am convince Rolf was lying, but I'm also convinced Jake is Stephan's body.  Now... WHO's personality is on the chip in his head?  Before Stevano went to surgery, he gave instructions to Rolf to execute some backup plan.  I think Jake could be sporting a Stefano chip in his Stefan body.  And Jake is a backstory written up by Rolf.  Because there was too much brain damage with the bullet, so there was some serious 'weird science' shit with this particular transformation.

Cin: I've come to accept them as a couple and enjoyed Ben worried about Hope.  I do find Ciara seriously entitled and she needs to learn some humility.  I expect Eve, JJ, Eric (he lost Serena), and the mid-wife's family to always shun Ben.  And I think Ciara needs to accept that.  I'm actually okay with how Will/Ben bonded.  Will's choice, and it's in keeping with his personality.  But WHO will be the maid of honor/best man?  I'd vote for crazy cakes (Claire) and Will.  

New Zoey works better for me than old Zoey.  I am alone in this, I understand.  I'm glad she violated her attorney/client privilege.  Christen does accept responsibility for murdering Jordan.  That's an issue for me.  

Orpheus can fall in a hole.  Anytime now.  Please.

Maggie: My dear sweat soap-opera Queen!  What a run she has had.  Brilliant acting.  Julie racing out there to gossip is just so ... Julie.

Lani/Eli - I'm ready to move on .  It was very Lani of her to let Kristin go.  And I think she's a better cop than most.

Justin - this is not going to work out in the end.  You know it.  The audience knows it.  I feel bad for you.

Abigail TOUCHED the Phoenix ring a while back.  Maybe it's got some slow-acting mental poison that Rolf designed.  Scary story, enjoying the way they show the hallucinations.  I blame Stefano.  

Wants:
Xander to continue being supported by Victor (but I'm worried about that... Victor wants to win Brady back... Xander getting shafted could be Brady's price).  I want him to continue to support Sarah.

Sarah & Maggie: I want them to be in a room with a lot of chocolate, Netflix, and comfy pajamas.  Where they can cry and hug and support each other. 

Kate to get the job from Abe. 

Was a Xander and Sarah fan but now want him to move on and pursue Gabi.

Sarah and Jake as Stefan are not worth it.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1
(edited)

What was up with the music in the Sarah & Brady scenes? It was light-hearted/jaunty; which seems like a really odd choice considering their conversation was supposed to be serious. 

The way Brady was hesitant to take a drink and then how Sarah dramatically stopped him, it gave me the impression he's a recovering addict. Is he?

Suzanne Rogers' reading of the letters was well done, even if her staring off into space all teary-eyed as she narrated was a bit much. 

The way they have made Xander sympathetic through his love of Maggie (and Sarah) is how to do a redemption arc. I couldn't stand him when I started rewatching last year, but now I'm all on board his redemption. It reminds me of Jack's road to good guy back in the day.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 8

Does the prison have direct mail delivery from their jail to the Kiriakis mansion and from there to the hospital? Or direct from the prison to the hospital?  I mean, it would take at least a couple of days for delivery, right?

"Stop talking to yourself and read your damn letter."

Worst. Prison. Security. Ever.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ready for Xander to move on.  Can not forgive Xander when Brady has forgiven Kristin for 25 years of crimes plus she raped him makes her appear to be so unforgiving.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

It's probably because she's a girl child.

I missed out on the first 5 minutes, then got about 10 minutes, then missed out on like 15 minutes, and then got the last little bit so I basically just said fuck it and didn't watch it lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Yes, you would think Statesville is the local jail in an old western mining town with the way people constantly force their way in.  Modern prisons have electronic gates and monitoring systems.  

On that note, how is Maggie always getting private visits?  They had the random day player who let Maggie know about Victor being stabbed, but apparently, she's the only person in the whole prison who ever gets visitors.

• Love 3

Can not forgive Xander when Brady has forgiven Kristin was 25 years of crimes plus she raped him makes her appear to be so unforgiving.

Well to be fair, Brady is nearly brain dead.

Sarah will come around to Xander the instant he finds someone else. Isn't that usually how these things work?

Brady: "If I had any doubt that Kristen would be anything but a good, caring mother, I never would've handed Rachel off to her."

Smash cut to Kristen trying to shove Rachel back in her womb so she can "get it right from the beginning."

OMG! You should not have put that out into the universe, Ron might try it! Needless to say, that line from Brady proves how dumb the character really has become. I mean, seriously?!?

• Love 5

Here is the difference as i see it between Kirsten and Xander. Everything that woman does is selfishly motivated for her own wants. Stealing babies from wombs, letting Maggie thinking Holly had died horribly in a car wreck, raping Eric and Brady etc. Xander did this because Victor begged him to and because he didn't want Sarah and Maggie to suffer. Nothing really in it for him. The opposite really as it kept Sarah tied to Eric. And throughout this mess it has been about protecting them. Also respected that he refused to kill dr raynor despite victor ordering him to. Kristen would have shoved her down another stairwell 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Also respected that he refused to kill dr raynor despite victor ordering him to. Kristen would have shoved her down another stairwell 

Haley’s death was an accident. In fact, Kristen has never killed anyone, unlike Xander who has murdered before. And he did shoot Brady in the chest and left Tate there to watch Brady’s body bleed out. Not to mention trying to kill Eric at the Jarlena wedding. Xander has certainly done stuff for selfish reasons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Haley’s death was an accident. In fact, Kristen has never killed anyone, unlike Xander who has murdered before. And he did shoot Brady in the chest and left Tate there to watch Brady’s body bleed out. Not to mention trying to kill Eric at the Jarlena wedding. Xander has certainly done stuff for selfish reasons.

Sure but I was referring to the baby swap specifically.

• Love 4

They pretty much ripped off JJ's suicide attempt with Maggie huh?

Regardless I wish the show wouldn't bother with tackling social issues they clearly suck at it. Sure the BFTD stories are trite but that's their lane.

I also think Xarah work best as star crossed lovers where they have chemistry and fulfilling sex but in the long run don't work as a couple for a variety of reasons. Xander going back to his terrible ways is something I wanted for a good while.

1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Yes, he has.  BUT, he pays the price for it, even among those who see the good in him.  Maggie and Sarah know exactly who he was in the past and who he is today.  They realize he is a flawed person who may never actually be "good."  He doesn't have someone running around town screeching at everyone how he's CHANGED and they damn well better worship at his feet. And lately, he's only really done bad things at Victor's behest (and Victor will sell him out in a New York minute.)

• Love 9

Kristin likes to have these long drawn out James Bond villain monologues.  If it wasn’t for the one trait she would have killed Marlena a long time ago.   

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

In my mind, Salem USA exists in its own unique reality.  With all of the talking zombies and questionable justice system, I don't know how else to look at it.  So sitting on the ground with a noose that isn't even tight around your neck looks more like a prank than a suicide attempt.  But Xander's reaction suggests that a new layer has been added to this mysterious place.  

A little disappointed Orpheus has resorted to mustache-twirling so quickly.  I was enjoying the awkward family dynamic with his little family.  

• Love 4

Haley’s death was an accident.

So what? Kristen was upset about losing her baby and took it out on someone. Regardless if she meant to kill her or not - she did in fact kill Haley. In the very least it's called manslaughter. And generally, you don't just get to walk away from that because of reasons and pretending to be a nun for a year. AND she just attempted to murder Victor!  Plus, somehow I don't think Xander has raped as often as Kristen either.

For me though, it isn't about who has committed more crimes than the other. The writers have made an effort to redeem Xander. No effort has been put into redeeming Kristen - aside from Brady repeating 'she's changed!' over and over. Me? I'd trust Xander with a baby way before I'd trust insane Kristen.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, you would think Statesville is the local jail in an old western mining town with the way people constantly force their way in.  Modern prisons have electronic gates and monitoring systems.  

On that note, how is Maggie always getting private visits?  They had the random day player who let Maggie know about Victor being stabbed, but apparently, she's the only person in the whole prison who ever gets visitors.

Ron writes this show like we all are he most uneducated or sheltered people alive. Not only is the medical stuff way off  base of reality but the legal and jail shit. I think even children know people in prison for felonies are placed in a community room wth guards and either have to talk through plexiglass and a phone or at a table (in min security) with a no touching rule. Addictionally at both the prisoners have an approved visitor list they submit in advance so all of Ben Will Maggie’s surprise visitors simply would not happen. They also have verrrry minimum phone use and their calls are listened to to and their mail is read so Ben’s calls to Ciara about the kidnapping would have been immediate alert to cops. And they have very strict security and watchtowers so Ciara forcing her way through the gate into the prison all the way to gas chamber brandishing a gun is ridiculous, she would have been shot dead on the lawn. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Kristin likes to have these long drawn out James Bond villain monologues.  If it wasn’t for the one trait she would have killed Marlena a long time ago.   

Yeah.  Kristin hasn't killed anyone (although she did kilL Haley whether she "intended" to or not) but all that goes to show us is that she's bad at killing when she is given time to think about killing. She works better off-the-cuff.

• Love 3

The only reason she hasn’t killed more is the objects of her obsessions were always lynchpins of the Show. 

Sami was a real one that had enemies you’d understand why she hated and had no problem shooting their balls off or in head. 

I thought kids and babies with cancer had to be under strict medical care even under remission. How’s Kristy gonna touch base w the oncologist or get the medical records? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They pretty much ripped off JJ's suicide attempt with Maggie huh?

Regardless I wish the show wouldn't bother with tackling social issues they clearly suck at it. Sure the BFTD stories are trite but that's their lane.

I also think Xarah work best as star crossed lovers where they have chemistry and fulfilling sex but in the long run don't work as a couple for a variety of reasons. Xander going back to his terrible ways is something I wanted for a good while.

I want him to forget Sarah and get with Gabi.  Someone who is not so self righteous as Sarah.

Someone who is not so self righteous as Sarah.

But I mean he knew Mickey was not her child for a long time and lied about it ... all that time. And now she had to hand the kid over to psycho Kristen. I'm of the opinion that Sarah is allowed to be a little self righteous for some time. I mean the marriage where she found out the truth to handing over the baby has happened in a relatively short period of time. She's not allowed to be angry or sad or upset at the dude?!?

Hell, Marlena was pissy and self righteous at Hope for her actions with John and Hope was brain chipped and not in control! Xander knew exactly what he was doing.

I do tend to like Xander but come on. He pulled some shit on the woman he is supposed to love.

The only reason she hasn’t killed more is the objects of her obsessions were always lynchpins of the Show. 

Exactly!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

But I mean he knew Mickey was not her child for a long time and lied about it ... all that time. And now she had to hand the kid over to psycho Kristen. I'm of the opinion that Sarah is allowed to be a little self righteous for some time.

Yep.  She is grieving two children at the same time because of his actions.  She is right to be as mad as she wants.

It makes sense that Maggie has a more nuanced view on this.  She thinks she killed her grandchild and she has had years of putting up with Victor's more nefarious actions.  Sarah's still pretty new to this.

• Love 5

I would think that prisons have someone reading outgoing mail and Maggie would have been placed on suicide watch before the letter was sent. It was disturbing to see her rip the sheet.

Xander's redemption is a road to goodness paved with questionable intentions. He seems to see Maggie as a mother type figure and he will go to the ends of the earth to save her.

Orpheus only wants $10 million?

Zoey was sure an easy mark for him. And now he has kidnapped David. Really?

Sarah, it's not a good idea to plan revenge with Brady. He will walk away from you when Kristen comes back. Was a nice touch for Brady to send a gift to Theresa for Mother's Day.

Eric, you still have Holly and Nicole. And Nicole deserves a little better than you right now. She is seeing exactly what she gets.

• Love 3

I'm curious what SR thought of this when she read the script. Plus given her age should she really be doing this type of story?

I mean if they wanted the character to attempt suicide couldn't they just have her take pills and some booze instead? That could've been just as effective.

Problem is this is done for shock value and not much else it will be quickly forgotten much like JJ's attempt as well as Haley's.

At least with JJ they did do a PSA and that was a great performance which was the only good thing I could say about that.

If this show can't write social issues with some level of dignity they shouldn't bother. I'll take any BFTD story as trite as they are over them attempting to be socially aware because they completely tone deaf.

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Kristin gave birth to Tate, didn't she?

Yes she did I rather Tate return and Kristen/Rachel to disappear forever.

2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

I want him to forget Sarah and get with Gabi.  Someone who is not so self righteous as Sarah.

Gabi would accept his bad side as long as he doesn't screw her over then she's just as self righteous.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm curious what SR thought of this when she read the script. Plus given her age should she really be doing this type of story?

Why not?  She has been killing pretty much every aspect of this story.  She's choosing to work and for all his faults, Ron has in the past given his older actresses meaty material to portray at a time in their lives when it's really hard not to be overlooked. 

A dark storyline isn't going to kill a 76-year old.  They aren't that frail.  Being able to separate what she is playing and her real life isn't about physical toughness; it's about mental toughness.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

It's absolutely ridiculous. All it took was Xander punching out the guard and grabbing his keys for him to get onto the cell block. Does this state prison only employ one guard at time? Where the hell were the other guards, the cameras, and the other security measures? With this kind of "security" I'm surprised people aren't breaking out their loved ones left and right. 

4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

They realize he is a flawed person who may never actually be "good."  He doesn't have someone running around town screeching at everyone how he's CHANGED and they damn well better worship at his feet.

This is why I'm not so annoyed by Xander's redemption (if that's even what they're going for). No one is on his side, no one likes him, and no one is saying he has changed. The guy has no friends and most people openly hate him. He knows he's not a good person. I said earlier that his road to redemption reminds me of Jack's after he raped Kayla. He was very isolated and everyone hated him and he hated himself. But slowly he did change and we weren't told he changed, we saw it happen over time. I don't think soaps take their time in telling stories anymore, so it's possible Xander's redemption may be rushed and Sarah may end up yelling at everyone that's he's a changed man. But I feel like (for now) we are seeing Xander show some self-awareness and feel remorse for what he's done and accept the repercussion of his actions. We'll see if it continues...

Seriously, what the hell is Orpheus' problem with Zoey? Is it because she's a lawyer and not a criminal like Chris? Jesus, he choked his own daughter. Since she appeared, he has only shown contempt towards her. If I didn't know any better, I would think that Zoey is not his biological child. 

• Love 5

...how tough was it seeing her with the noose today? I couldn't stomach the thought of it so I didn't watch. And after watching Will get choked out, and the brutal fight between Bo and Aiden a few years ago, I knew how dark the show could get and I just didn't have any taste for it. Would you rank this moment alongside those...? 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...how tough was it seeing her with the noose today? I couldn't stomach the thought of it so I didn't watch. And after watching Will get choked out, and the brutal fight between Bo and Aiden a few years ago, I knew how dark the show could get and I just didn't have any taste for it. Would you rank this moment alongside those...? 

Nowhere near as tough, at least not in my opinion.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I mean if they wanted the character to attempt suicide couldn't they just have her take pills and some booze instead? That could've been just as effective.

Where would she be getting booze and/or pills in prison?

• Love 5
On 5/17/2020 at 6:20 PM, hypnotoad said:

My idea would be that Orpheus 'changes' and it's time for Hope to get a new romance. Bo would certainly approve of this too. Marlena would finally forgive Hope for being chipped and chasing John.

Yarf.

• LOL 2

I take lengthy breaks from Days. When I popped back in last year to see Jack (a lot of good that did me) Xander was a clean slate to me and the last time I'd seen Kristen Susan had sold her into a harem, and the worst she had done at that point was hire Susan to imitate her to make John think she was pregnant, not a big deal by Salem standards, so lets call her a clean slate too as the time in the harem was punishment enough for that one

Since I started back I have seen Kristen do the following:

Fake a little girl's death in a car accident complete with child's body

Essentially rape Brady by tricking him into bed with Nicole's face on

Lock Kate and Ted in a basement with no intent to give them water or food

Try to steal Sarah's baby from her womb to foist on Brady as his kid (and I understand that she has done this before)

Kill Haley by pushing her down a staircase (accidental or not she did it)

Stab an old man in the gut who can't even get up to run from her

Whine constantly about how she has changed but nothing indicates this from her behaviour

Xander on the other hand I have seen :

blackmailed by Kristen into keeping quiet about Holly's death, Nicole impersonation and Sarah baby stealing but telling Maggie that Holly was alive 

I know he knew about Ted and Kate in the basement can't remember honestly if he cared lol I know I didn't

Refuse to kill Ben when Victor ordered him to

Support Sarah through her pregnancy, Mickey's cancer treatment and everything else without really expecting anything back from it

Badgered by Victor into the baby swap as the old man literally begged him to do it to protect Maggie (a tough one to turn down given he hates Kristen, loves Maggie, and wants to please Victor)

Refuse to murder Dr Raynor despite knowing this would help clear him from the baby swap ever being found out

Never foist blame on Victor for any of this, always stated he was behind it all. Takes responsibility

Yeah Xander is no saint and deserves punishment, but I feel he is truly trying to be a better person, Kristen  not so much

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Victor really is filled with hate--he has zero sense of his own hubris and then he has the audacity to say that Justin and Sonny wouldn't care if Maggie died.  No one with a soul would be happy is Maggie killed herself, so I guess that's why Victor doesn't understand that it's Maggie's drunk driving that Justin and Sonny hated, not Maggie herself.

I did like Maggie's reaction that she actually isn't to blame, and Sonny's reaction to the news was rather visceral.  I guess Evan's going to get yelled at next--awesome.  I did like that we actually got to see Sonny and Will together--it's been too long.

There is no sense of urgency with this ridiculous Orpheus kidnaps John plot--no one seems particularly worried.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

There is no sense of urgency with this ridiculous Orpheus kidnaps John plot--no one seems particularly worried.

those scenes were deadly, killed all the emotion I was feeling after the Maggie stuff

• Love 5

You mean Deidre's stuttered/hesitant delivery didn't get across how scared she was? 

Yeah.  No.  I didn't watch yesterday so I was surprised that John had been kidnapped.

Xander looked quite good today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

okay , so Brady gave up his daughter to Kristen , a wanted fugitive . so now my question is , what was the whole point of this babyswitch nonsense ? dont get me wrong , the only positive thing about this story was the powerful performances by the actors. But TIIC apparently didn't want Brady saddled with a baby,so what was the point ? 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
(edited)

IM SCARED THAT kATE WILL welcome Orpheus to salem in her own "special way" . the same way she was kind enough to welcome Ted, Clyde and Eduardo to Salem ..... if you know what I mean.

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 2