Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: Jessa's Engagement

If it were possible, my opinion of Bin plummeted further when I heard his bumbling ask of JB for Jessa's hand, and attempting to wrap the gift box.  omg what a tool.  And even hearing him read the note from Josh and Anna in the restaurant, he can barely read.  

Absolutely no way he planned that.  All of the Duggars seem more sharp than Bin.  He will definitely be steamrolled in that family.  

JD has become a full on pot bellied redneck.  And Joe (? next younger one) is well on his way down the same path.  I am honestly not one to make fun of people's appearances, but it's so blatant, I just cringe when I see them.  And I feel it's partially preventable, if they ate a decent diet. 

I totally agree about Joy running her fingers through Bin's hair while standing right in front of him with her chest at eye-level!  I find that MUCH more intimate and potentially arousing than holding hands during prayer in a public place, surrounded by one's parents!  And why can't a grown man (or older-teenager do his own hair the way his soon to be fiancee likes it??)

Speaking of which.....oh my goodness!  Michelle was so affronted by JB's suggestion that they hold hands as a group during prayer with Jessa and Bin next to each other!  I loved her exclaiming "not them!!!"!  Loved that Jessa just sat and continued doing what she was going calmly.  And JB didn't stop them and continued on, as well.  

• Love 4

After seeing the talking head of Jill on the TLC site, I think she's been seriously hard hit by morning sickness. I barely got out of bed for three months with my first pregnancy and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. 

My sister was the same way. She would have maybe a twenty or thirty minute window out of every day where she didn't feel like complete shit and the rest of the time she was sick as a dog. If Jill was really sick and hadn't publicly announced her pregnancy at that point, I can see her opting out of the proposal. After all, wasn't it one of the Seewalds who blabbed to the media about the Benessa courtship in the first place? Not to mention the filming for that day must have run 10-12 hours. That would have been miserable for a woman dealing with bad morning sickness.

Michelle came across so dumb saying "not them" as soon as everyone joined hands and then looking at JB as if he has some power to tell his grown daughter to drop her soon to be fiancé's hand. Do they not realize that you can make these rules and if they get broken, ok maybe you can "punish" or lecture your child in private BUT the child is old enough that you can't publicly call them out as they are breaking the rule?? Bc like Jessa they may do the cost benefit analysis and think "whatever I'm not letting go of his hand, what are going to do about it, make me pray 5 more min tonight?" Then said "child" can sit there calmly doing whatever she was doing knowing that there's no way you can stop her.

Did they really think that Ben was going to get a boner from holding Jessa's hand -- as he was praying while also holding his MOTHER's hand? I'm thinking it's biologically impossible to be aroused while touching your girlfriend if you are talking to God and holding your mom's hand at the same time.

• Love 4

All the Benessa dates and events that were planned to be revisited and remembered for the treasure were also moments that TLC filmed. Coincidence? Nah, TLC just needed to fill out an hour. I hope Jess and Ben scored some cash.

I noticed that too. It made it pretty easy for TLC to pull old footage from the original dates.

I read on another blog that the train charges $24 for the adult lunch & $12 for kids. Plus they (TLC) had to pay to rent out the train for themselves.

It's a shame that Benessa couldn't have their wedding at the Chapel because it wasn't big enough for the masses they were inviting. Why couldn't they have just invited the amount of people the Chapel would hold? Instead of inviting every ATI family they see once a year (that already came, volunteered & brought a gift for Jill & Derick's wedding) they should have shaved down the list to people they really wanted to be there. I know in their circles they don't think like this but they should have learned things from the Dillard wedding.

I think the reason why Jill wasn't there was because of morning sickness. Even if she felt slightly nauseous, I'm sure the ride to the Chapel (bypassing the train ride) would have made her feel worse. In the past, I have had stomach issues (not pregnancy related) where just the thought of changing clothes was daunting. On the train I thought Michelle said they were texting Jill all day keeping her posted which means they weren't excluding her on purpose.

My sister was the same way. She would have maybe a twenty or thirty minute window out of every day where she didn't feel like complete shit and the rest of the time she was sick as a dog. If Jill was really sick and hadn't publicly announced her pregnancy at that point, I can see her opting out of the proposal. After all, wasn't it one of the Seewalds who blabbed to the media about the Benessa courtship in the first place? Not to mention the filming for that day must have run 10-12 hours. That would have been miserable for a woman dealing with bad morning sickness.

If the timing described above is right -- Jill told the family she was pregnant in late July and then Jessa got engaged in early or mid August -- 2 or 3 weeks is long enough that morning sickness might have kicked in or at least fatigue. I could see not wanting to travel around for a whole day feeling that way. Or maybe she felt ok but Derick didn't want her to go because he thought it would be too much. Or maybe Derick didn't want to waste a day off on this knowing that he has a pregnant wife and a sick mom and his own media obligations and would need that day off for something else. Plus Jill is pretty media savvy. If she hadn't announced the story to People yet, she may have felt uncomfortable being around the Seewalds all day. They come across as such famewhores that there's a huge chance that the mom or one of the sisters would have noticed Jill looking a little sick or tired, speculated pregnancy, and announced it to the world -- thus cutting off Jill's paycheck from People which probably has first rights to such a story.

I think her absence would be even more noted if they cooked up something special for her to do; that makes sense for Josh because he's across the country, but for Jill who lives down the road, that would just seem odd. I think it's better to leave it vague. The average viewer doesn't pay as much attention to the show or its timelines as we do -- they'd just think (i) she's still delivering babies and isn't available that day because someone went into labor; or (ii) she's off on her honeymoon or something.

I wonder if Jill and Derrick were on camera like Josh and Anna, and Jill didn't like the way she looked? I know the my morning sickness took a very serious physical toll in me, and she might have asked that the footage not be used. That makes far more sense than BEN would deliberately exclude them.

• Love 1

It's hard for me to believe there wasn't another time Jessa and Ben were sitting next to each other when hand holding prayer came about.  I bet holding hands in group prayer during courtship is okay, but Michelle freaked out because it was being filmed.  Jesse had a wtf look on her face when Michelle called out the hand holding.

• Love 1

I was thinking about how the show will play the Benessa relationship going forward. It's completely obvious that Ben has no visible means of support, and they haven't really even bothered to pretend that they will have any income other than TLC checks for the foreseeable future.

It occurred to me that Jessa may well have gone to JB and said "thank you for investing my TLC and book earnings, since I'm getting married I'll take my payout now." There's really not a whole lot he could do about it. Since (as I understand it) the girl's family is supposed to provide housing, they could use that money for a house, and expect to live on TLC paychecks for the next few years while Ben finishes school.

That really puts JB and TLC in a bind since part of the fiction of the show is that JB and J'chelle live frugally off of their investments, and they do the show as part of their ministry rather than for the TLC money.

• Love 4

I had to rewatch the hand holding scene since I didn't pay close attention last night, and you all are right! Michelle went into a total tail-spin! And Jessa just sat there looking smug. I'm not her biggest fan, after seeing their $30k in wedding registries, but I did cheer for her just a little there!

My husband did a scavenger hunt for me when he proposed, but it was just around his house (I loved it!). And it was nearly 15 years ago, so I'll have to tell him he was ahead of the trend. Must be nice to have a tv show foot the bill and producers to do the heavy lifting. Though I wouldn't trade my day for hers for anything.

• Love 1

The thing is, they pretend that only the men work and the women stay home. And it's quite possible that Jessa and Ben could live just fine on their own if Jessa were permitted to work outside of the home and not need to be pregnant "with as many as God gives her" while Ben finishes school and also works. After all, thousands of young couples start out like this every year.

But that would ruin the show. And the truth is, ALL the women are working. On the show. So I do think JB pays up. One way or another.

• Love 3

Shortly after Jessa mentioned that she hoped Ben would be on the train, and the entire Duggar dog & pony show arrived instead, waving and grinning like a bunch of fools, Jessa looked so ticked off!  I laughed at her reaction but I also felt bad for her that she couldn't have her special day without her entire family crashing it.

• Love 4

Can someone post a link to this kissing photo please? Checked both Jessa's and Ben's Instagram pages and nothing. Thanks!

Here it is.

http://instagram.com/p/vCLKdRDfm-/

Quite "risqué" for a Duggar, hmm? Jessa looks experienced and to be enjoying it, although I do agree that Ben needs to loosen up a little.

I wouldn't post anything like it or want my kids (I don't have any but if I did) to do so, but I kind of like that Jessa posted it. It's showing her sort-of freedom from TTH compound.

Edited by heckyeahheartland
  • Love 2

Here it is.

http://instagram.com/p/vCLKdRDfm-/

Quite "risqué" for a Duggar, hmm? Jessa looks experienced and to be enjoying it, although I do agree that Ben needs to loosen up a little.

I wouldn't post anything like it or want my kids (I don't have any but if I did) to do so, but I kind of like that Jessa posted it. It's showing her sort-of freedom from TTH compound.

Atta girl Jessa. MEchelle is probably having a stroke.

Whoa. That little vixen is wearing a layerless v-neck top and it looks like Ben is wearing a tank top.

If JB and Michelle were surprised that they decided not to kiss on the altar, then they weren't monitoring her conversations very well....weren't they supposed to listen to every word, screen the texts, and be in on every interaction?

I've been liking Sassy-Pants more each day since the wedding....hope she comes back wearing skinny jeans.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 6

I was thinking about how the show will play the Benessa relationship going forward. It's completely obvious that Ben has no visible means of support, and they haven't really even bothered to pretend that they will have any income other than TLC checks for the foreseeable future.

It occurred to me that Jessa may well have gone to JB and said "thank you for investing my TLC and book earnings, since I'm getting married I'll take my payout now." There's really not a whole lot he could do about it. Since (as I understand it) the girl's family is supposed to provide housing, they could use that money for a house, and expect to live on TLC paychecks for the next few years while Ben finishes school.

That really puts JB and TLC in a bind since part of the fiction of the show is that JB and J'chelle live frugally off of their investments, and they do the show as part of their ministry rather than for the TLC money.

The girl's family must provide housing? I thought the husband was to do this.

Bin had never wrapped a present before? What about Christmas and birthdays??

Mullet looked/sounded like a freaking idiot, getting so worked up about holding hands during a freaking PRAYER. The longer this show goes on, the more I despise that hypocritical, walking/whining, crispy haired, self-absorbed uterus. All of the little digs that the kids (and kids-in-law) are getting in are a little less hidden. More obvious. That black and white kissing photo is probably sending Michelle into a white hot rage because of its lack of modesty. I feel sorry for Jana, Jinger and Joy, who probably get the most abuse from her, especially now that she's probably having menopausal mood swings. 

And Mom Seewald. She looks.....tired. I guess living your life in service to a pompous, intolerant asshole takes its toll. Oh, Bin. Be thankful that you didn't inherit your father's nose. 

I doubt that Jill was excluded on purpose by Bin or by her sisters. Jessa had her as a bridesmaid, after all. I also doubt that Derick would tell her not to go. I'm putting my money on severe morning sickness. That train would have kicked in the Duggar family motion sickness on top of the morning sickness. Not a good look. 

I'm watching this show for the Duggar girls. The older ones trying to break free and the "littles" and their untamed snark. Here's hoping that their parents (and by parents, I mean their mother) don't break that spirit. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 1

Bin had never wrapped a present before? What about Christmas and birthdays??

Do they really give out birthday & Christmas presents? I thought years ago they said they didn't.

It's my understanding that the girl's father provides the housing for the young couple, and the young man is supposed to provide for the family beyond that.

That would be why JB gave Josh the car lot, and Jill the house. I have no first-hand knowledge of this. It's something that I've read on this board, and I may not have understood correctly.

While the kissing pic just posted is a bit risqué for a family that is SO into modesty, would her parents really be upset? I mean she's married, she can do whatever she wants. Maybe her headship wants PDA so dammit, he must get PDA. JB and Michelle go around demonstrating kissing and humping on golf courses, so how is this so different?

As for presents, Ben's household seems "traditional" -- i.e. the women slave away for the men. That means if Ben buys gifts for his family (and he may not really -- he's 19 and has not really had income beyond an allowance from his parents probably to buy his sisters something for Christmas), I bet he hands all the gifts to mom (except for mom's) and then they magically appear under the tree Christmas morning looking perfect. As for mom's gift, I bet his sisters dote all over him and would gladly wrap that one. His mom even said "I haven't trained him on gift wrapping yet."

• Love 1

Wow, I really enjoyed this episode in only a minimally snarky way, which isn't something I can say often. Random thoughts: 

When JB told Jessa she looked beautiful, did she respond with an awkward "you.....toooo??" or did I mishear that? hahaha. And then I'm pretty sure she winked at Ben--anyone else catch that? Scandalous.

Loved the hand-holding and full frontal hug, of course.

"She likes how I look, I guess" - Ben. LOL.

I loved how Anna asked Ben what he would do if Jessa said no. Her reaction was too funny, along with her "I would've said no just to prove you wrong!" to Josh afterwards. She seems to have grown into a normal person with a fun sense of humor.

It depresses me everytime Boob (or anyone else) says "This is the biggest/best/whatever day of her life!" Congrats! You're 22 and it's all downhill from here.

I was insta-annoyed as soon as Jill and Derick were on screen at the end. Did not realize how much I didn't miss them until that.

I liked when Jana went "Oookay!" and clapped her hands together when JB and DQ were defrauding us. I wonder how often she's embarrassed by her parents.

The scavenger hunt might not have been Jessa's cup of tea, but I don't think she hated it (minus the roses). She seemed to be having fun with Jinger. I don't think she was *that* rude when collecting the roses, just embarrassed and not very friendly. I probably wouldn't have too much better. I agree that the actual proposal was beautiful and very sweet. Too bad they couldn't get married in that chapel too.

Ben's a sweet kid. He's young, and not incredibly articulate, but I don't think he's as stupid as everyone's saying. He's just really awkward on camera and seems to try and compensate with self-deprecating humor. Jessa is absolutely growing on me--she's practical, independent, and possibly (hopefully?) determined. I really hope she and Ben figure their life out, because I could see them living a pretty normal life, as long as they can financially break free from Boob.

• Love 8

Whoa. That little vixen is wearing a layerless v-neck top and it looks like Ben is wearing a tank top.

If JB and Michelle were surprised that they decided not to kiss on the altar, then they weren't monitoring her conversations very well....weren't they supposed to listen to every word, screen the texts, and be in on every interaction?

I've been liking Sassy-Pants more each day since the wedding....hope she comes back wearing skinny jeans.

And not a maternity shirt!

I don't see the big deal about Ben's wrapping skills. His box looked better than the box my 33 year old brother handed me last year!

I'm with you. Both me & my husband wrap gifts well but my 25 yr old son didn't get that gene. I agree with the poster that said Guinn & his sisters probably did his wrapping. Guinn even laughed when she saw the box & said something like "I didn't get around to teach him that." I did like the bows on both top & bottom. He may have started something.......Pinterest anyone?

My husband still wraps like that at Christmas and birthdays, and no, I don't rush in to help. Some people just don't have that skill. In my house my father wrapped beautifully and my mother's packages looked like something the car backed over.

• Love 4

I wrap everything the way I learned how to wrap deli meats when I worked in the deli section of a supermarket, so I only need to use 1 piece of tape, so I would never snark on someone else's wrapping skills.

• Love 2

Oh, Bin. Be thankful that you didn't inherit your father's nose. 

Bin and Jessa's blessings may not get to be so thankful, those types of features often skip a generation. My friend and her husband both have small, refined features and their daughter was born with the most ginormous honker I've ever seen on a kid. One of our other friends told me the baby inherited it from hubby's mother.

When JB told Jessa she looked beautiful, did she respond with an awkward "you.....toooo??" or did I mishear that? hahaha. And then I'm pretty sure she winked at Ben--anyone else catch that? Scandalous.

She did wink at him, I caught that as well.

My guess is also that Jill was down and out with morning sickness - I didn't even notice they were missing until their talking heads at the end, which was probably TLC's hope by not explicitly explaining their absence. I know the actual timeline of Jill's wedding and Jessa's engagement, and still initially assumed they must have been on their honeymoon. Since their wedding just aired last week.

I'm not even totally sure that Jessa's instagram kissing pic is giving the finger to her parents - those two seem all for married couples making out and having birth-control-free sex to make babies ASAP. I've had a few friends wait until they were married to have sex (non-fundie, but for religious reasons), and one of the girls' parents - even her father!, which squicked me out, and he's otherwise not a guy who gives off weird vibes - were all about how she should experiment and let loose with her husband after the wedding, because sex is Godly and nothing to be embarrassed about when it's within marriage. So maybe it was directed at her folks, but it could also be to shift her own public image or just show off a bit, as young happy couples their age do on social media.

Re how stilted/inarticulate Ben is on camera - I don't think it's necessarily fair or accurate to take stabs at his overall intelligence or competence based on what could easily be camera-fright/discomfort. The Duggar kids have had years of it, and media training. I have degrees from some well-ranked universities and I'm an idiot on camera. (The difference is that I therefore avoid video cameras at all costs! But that's not an option for anyone interested in one of the kids.) So who knows. Hoping that, especially with Jessa's determination, they end up making it.

Still loving Jessa's fighting the power with the defiant hand-holding and frontal hug, and JB not being the one hung up on it at all. Wouldn't be surprised if his early discomfort/jealousy over Michelle's past with other boys gave her such a guilt/purity complex that it's informing her views towards the kids, because she makes JB seem positively chill by comparison.

Edited by WalrusGirl
  • Love 4

All I know for sure about the timing is that it was after Jill got married. My memory is the engagement was announced in August, however I was under the impression they waited to announce the engagement until his father spilled the beans. His father also complained that he felt the Duggars were difficult in part for delaying the engagement or the announcing of the engagement. I think they may have gotten engaged while Jill was still on her honeymoon. Or closer to the date they announced and she had morning sickness. Or Jill and Derrick decided to spend time with his mother. Or just they wanted time to themselves. Considering they have such little time before the baby is here, I don't blame them. One of the things that annoys me about the Duggars is the need to have constant togetherness for every little event. If Jill and Derrick miss a few little events here and there it doesn't bother me. Engagements used to private anyway, it's not like they missed the wedding.

I kind of feel bad for Jill and Derrick as neither of them had the guts or gumption to tell the parents "Enough with the stupid rules about holding hands and giving hugs." Jessa and Ben got away with so much more last night, more than Jill did on her wedding day! 

I also liked Josh's proposal. In general, proposals seem to be getting more and more elaborate even among nonfamous folks. I think it was TLC's decision to do the scavenger hunt and fill an hour of programming. I agree with people that they are one of TLC's biggest shows right now. 

Edited by Temperance
Wouldn't be surprised if his early discomfort/jealousy over Michelle's past with other boys gave her such a guilt/purity complex that it's informing her views towards the kids, because she makes JB seem positively chill by comparison.

This is my thinking, as well.  I think Jimbo made her feel like a trashbox simply because she had a social life which involved boys before Jimbo came into her life.  I feel like her strict control of the girls especially, is a reflection of how she feels about her past, and how she may have been feeling about sex as a young girl. 

• Love 2

It's hard for me to believe there wasn't another time Jessa and Ben were sitting next to each other when hand holding prayer came about.  I bet holding hands in group prayer during courtship is okay, but Michelle freaked out because it was being filmed.  Jesse had a wtf look on her face when Michelle called out the hand holding.

I'm picturing prayer time with folks outside the family, and Michelle and JB have to run around moving people so no young adults of opposite sexes are side-by-side. Like "Josie, you go over there between them and . . . "

• Love 2

I thought Ben's gift-wrapped box was adorable. Jessa did too. And I loved her proposal, and suspect she did as well. The church was gorgeous. Takes a lot to move me, but that one did. Not the scavenger hunt, thought it was cute, was annoyed the whole family came but that is who they are... but the actual proposal seem to have genuine emotion. At least for their young ages. I hope it lasts, they are so young.

• Love 3

It's my understanding that the girl's father provides the housing for the young couple, and the young man is supposed to provide for the family beyond that.

That would be why JB gave Josh the car lot, and Jill the house. I have no first-hand knowledge of this. It's something that I've read on this board, and I may not have understood correctly.

Why can't both couples come together as one .

About Bin's lack of gift wrapping skills: no one taught me. I taught myself as a small child - like 5 or 6. It's pretty obvious how the paper is folded around a box. All you are doing is smoothing the paper around the box - like making a bed* with hospital corners. It isn't rocket science. Maybe watch someone do it once or make a bed once in your life and presto - you know how gifts are wrapped. Has he never unwrapped a gift???? 

That's why I don't think Bin has any special intelligence that is not coming across on camera. Gawd help any children who are born of Benessa's union because if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and one of the trees was related to Boob, there is not much intelligence to inherit.

*Of course, I doubt Bin even had to make his own bed. 

• Love 4

I can't wrap for crap either, but Ben was so perfectly imitating JimBob's "Haw-haw, aw shucks, ain't my incompetence at life cute?" attitude that I wanted to give him a slap.  One JimBob is one too many; we don't need a second. 

• Love 3

I really liked Ben's proposal. Seemed very classy to do it in the chapel that Jessa really liked..I too liked when she said "this guy knows me:" I was half expecting her to jump and say, "Of course I'll marry you honey!" rather than her shy yes, but I take it she might have been a bit uncomfortable being the sole center of attention for this episode. I didn't miss Jill, assume she wasn't there due to morning sickness.

Is it just me, or does Ben sound like he's often congested...maybe he has asthma/allergies?

• Love 1

About Bin's lack of gift wrapping skills: no one taught me. I taught myself as a small child - like 5 or 6. It's pretty obvious how the paper is folded around a box. All you are doing is smoothing the paper around the box - like making a bed* with hospital corners. It isn't rocket science. Maybe watch someone do it once or make a bed once in your life and presto - you know how gifts are wrapped. Has he never unwrapped a gift???? 

C'mon, there are plenty of activities that come easy to some people and not to others. My eldest daughter has been wrapping exquisite packages since she was 12; I've been working at it for 40+ years and can't begin to match her skill. She's also a much-sought-after cake decorator; my cakes and cookies taste good but look like a child did them. On the other hand, I've always had a knack (with zero training) for creating nice-looking documents, charts, and flyers, and I've noticed that this is a skill that doesn't come naturally to everyone. 

• Love 5

C'mon, there are plenty of activities that come easy to some people and not to others. My eldest daughter has been wrapping exquisite packages since she was 12; I've been working at it for 40+ years and can't begin to match her skill. She's also a much-sought-after cake decorator; my cakes and cookies taste good but look like a child did them. On the other hand, I've always had a knack (with zero training) for creating nice-looking documents, charts, and flyers, and I've noticed that this is a skill that doesn't come naturally to everyone.

I'm not talented at wrapping, but I know how to even if I can't get my hands to properly fold and smooth the paper.

But, I see it as something that, yes, looked dumb, but if you love the person in question or decide to laugh over the situation, it can be endearing. Especially, since it's not a life or death skill. Is kind of weird he had no clue, though, if you think too long about it! (All imo)

• Love 3

Forget the gift wrapping. If Ben can fold a fitted sheet, he'll have my complete respect and admiration!

I winder if there were no cameras if the entire family would still have to be involved in every. Single. Event.

• Love 2
Forget the gift wrapping. If Ben can fold a fitted sheet, he'll have my complete respect and admiration!

Yeah! I don't know why I'm laughing at Ben, when it would appear the DH has yet to master refilling the toilet paper holder.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 4

I winder if there were no cameras if the entire family would still have to be involved in every. Single. Event.

As far as I understand Gothardism (mostly from the old TWOP site), keeping the family together for almost every event was one of his ideas. He thought it would create wholesomeness. On the site Recovering Grace, adults who raised  as children, with Gothard principles talk about this. For example article #4 of their (Recovering Grace's) Most Popular 25 articles goes into this somewhat. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

Re how stilted/inarticulate Ben is on camera - I don't think it's necessarily fair or accurate to take stabs at his overall intelligence or competence based on what could easily be camera-fright/discomfort. The Duggar kids have had years of it, and media training. I have degrees from some well-ranked universities and I'm an idiot on camera. (The difference is that I therefore avoid video cameras at all costs! But that's not an option for anyone interested in one of the kids.) So who knows. Hoping that, especially with Jessa's determination, they end up making it.

You got me there.  Good point and very true.  I know I completely lose my powers of speech if I'm camera or in front of a group, so his best qualities may not be coming through!  He's newer to having his life filmed than the rest of the family is and isn't as comfortable with it yet.  And if he wants Jessa, he's got to suck it up and be on display.

Just watched the end of the proposal, and was wondering how it was going to end after Ben asked her...I was like please, not an awkward side hug!  Please!!  And was so relieved that it was a normal, sweet hug appropriate to the occasion.  It would have been more authentic with even a little kiss but ok, I'll take the hug!!  

Although the scavenger hunt was completely contrived for TV, I thought the ending was quite heartfelt and sincere.  His ask was simple and direct, as was her answer and reaction.  I was very happy for them!  

I also felt that if she loved that church, but it just wasn't big enough for the huge crowds the family had in mind, they should have trimmed down the guest list so they could have the wedding where they wanted!  

• Love 3

Although the scavenger hunt was completely contrived for TV, I thought the ending was quite heartfelt and sincere.  His ask was simple and direct, as was her answer and reaction.  I was very happy for them!  

Me too!  I preferred Jessa’s shy, simple “yes” to Jill’s overly enthusiastic, “yeah, totally.”  I hate to say it but Jill seems to have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old girl.

• Love 7

I also felt that if she loved that church, but it just wasn't big enough for the huge crowds the family had in mind, they should have trimmed down the guest list so they could have the wedding where they wanted!  

Wouldn't happen.  They want as many gifts as they can possibly grab.

• Love 1

Finally watched the whole episode. Jessa definitely wanted to kiss Ben after she said yes. She starts to tilt her head as she leans forward and then he grabs her in a hug. It definitely made me wonder... I hope they did kiss before. You know, since they can make their own courting rules and all.

I do love that instead of Jim bob announcing her first public kiss to 1000 people, Ms Jessa shared her first public kiss in a sexy Instagram photo for millions.

• Love 5