Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E06: I Feel Like I Just Kissed A Goat

• Start Topic

The detour I was like oh no, not squeezing milk because it reminded me of this classic TAR moment from S12 LMAO when Lorena freaked out over not getting milk from the camel. Good thing nobody freaked out over milk like Lorena did, guess cause goats are more stable than camels. 

Misti is proving to be a little useless with Jim doing all the lifting while she takes it a little easy. Jim mostly does all the work and she just stands there while he gives out directions to Misti. So Jim wasn't completely off the mark when he pretty much said that she was. I do give her credit for doing the bridge and mostly blazing through it. Sucks that they're number one in this eppy. Million dollar smile and place where they need to be keeps reminding me why I don't like them and don't want them to win. That ego of Jim's don't need to get any bigger.

I enjoy Adam, he's so funny, he would be cool to hang around and have fun with. I was impressed with Bethany once again for doing it with her feet to hold it together. Still loving Team Surfer.

There's Robbie and Brooke once again with their defeatist attitude once again thinking that they're last until they seen Shelley and Nici. They're dumb, annoying, and irritating. Brooke is such a whiny ass, STFU. Yea she's in the right profession, scripted television where she knows if she's going to lose or not, cause if she's told to wing it, it won't be pretty. She needs to learn to be confident in what she's doing. Can you imagine playing Hide and go Seek with her? Sooner they're gone the better. 

T&T are just silly at the pit stop with the bird flying on one of their hats and pecking the other. Glad that the scientist are still in the game. 

Karma came back to get Shelley and Nici with their nasty attitudes so I'm nowhere near sorry to see them go bye bye and good riddance. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

I'm sure now that they will have to remember animals at each pit stop at the end, whether a live animal or someone dressed like one native to where they were. That rooster with the dove on top of it was great.

Bethany continues to amaze me. I had trouble with holding onto and braking on a zipline with two arms and she sailed with one.

• Love 13

Well, Shelley and Nici are out. It was pretty much broadcasted with that argument flashback. It was probably for the best as far as their relationship goes.

The Pit Stop was beautiful, and enjoyed all of the animals.

What's with the preview? Is there not going to be a new episode next week?

• Love 1

Tonight's episode has been brought to you by goat boobs.

More seriously, though, is how amazing Bethany is able to adapt to challenges.  She was able to complete that last challenge all by herself and without using her hands.  I feel so inadequate.

The Dentists got first place, which is a bit of bummer.  And as annoying as the Mother and Daughter could be, their elimination was a bit sad.

• Love 1

Misti is proving to be a little useless with Jim doing all the lifting while she takes it a little easy. Jim mostly does all the work and she just stands there while he gives out directions to Misti.

The other half of the time, she's telling Jim how great he is and telling the camera how great Jim is. That's her role. Kudos for the RB, but yes, she does have a tendency to wander around while Jim handles the physical tasks.

Bethany on the RB, though, puzzling with her toes? Pure awesome.

This was a very good leg for a lot of reasons: no bunching, the opening task was tough enough to shake up the order, TPTB was willing to let teams drive (and get lost) in Morocco, the Detour was well-weighted, and the RB was more than just "do extreme sporty things in glorious landscape". Kym and Alli gave us the first true Bald Snark of S25, and you have to wonder whether their twitchiness at Detours may bite them in a situation where there's more pressure. Brooke is all about the vocalising; the scientists are going to get lost again and again.

It's definitely on the CBS schedule for next week. Perhaps there wasn't a way they could preview it without big spoilers?

Edited by etagloh
  • Love 1

Phil seems like he is having way more fun than usual with the teams.   He joked around a lot more that Pit Stop.   Telling Maya she made the bird look good.   And her posing was loads of fun.   Then joking with Jim about his smile.   And Jim started it.

Speaking of which, yeah, all hatred went away when he said at the roadblock -- as long as she gets back safe that is all that matters.   Not that Misti was in any real danger, but it was nice he was more concentrating on her safety than their placement.   

Absolutely loved the fact Maya is getting a degree in milk fat.   What else would a food scientist get a degree in?  The singing was good at the butter task because that is how you get in the rhythm so you don't go too fast or too slow.   You go with the beat of the song.   

Of course that was the only thing I liked about Brooke.   She is sooooo negative.   Whining on the ropes was not going to make that valley shorter.   Plus she is so busy whining and being negative, she isn't actually thinking about how to solve the task.

Wasn't this like the 4th time they had a "put something together exactly" task?   By now the teams should know that it is not as easy as it looked.   There is always something small to trip to you up.   Do the milking, it might take time but it is straightforward.

Well that will be a fun sequestration about now with the firefighters and the realtors glaring at each other, while Survivor couple and Mom and Daughter glare at each other, with the dating couple chick sobbing in the corner.   

• Love 5

Another pretty good episode.  I like the legs that have no equalizers at the start.  It pushes teams to really keep their leads or make up for their deficits going into the next legs.  Some teams did more than the latter.  But two teams failed to do the former.

But on to the teams:

Misti & Jim: From what I saw, good, solid racing for another win.  Nothing spectacular, just business, as usual.  Though they had a bit of a struggle at the Detour due to not realizing they needed the rugs, they made up for it with Misti's Roadblock performance (finally, she does one flawlessly).  A fine recovery from their Speed Bump, indeed.  And better yet, finishing first on a leg with no bunching whatsoever, despite starting from way back!  Too bad Jim blew it all away with their end-of-leg confessional.  What happened to being humbled, Jim?  I knew that was B.S.

Adam & Bethany: They could've gotten frustrated with the goats, but didn't.  They kept up their Detour choice, finished it, and Bethany took a Roadblock that she rocked out, finding an excellent way around having only her one arm.  Amazing job!

Kym & Alli: They started out well, but they had me worried when Alli psyched herself out enough to want to switch Detours.  They won me back over when Kym found a way to entertain herself, Alli, and even Adam & Bethany after they switched back, though.  Alli was decent to accept Te Jay's offer to help at the Roadblock, and they even managed to vault right past them in the process.  Didn't keep first place, but they remained in the top three, which is also good.

Tim & Te Jay: These two seem to be decent at the tasks.  It's just finding things that throws them off.  And it seems like they needed help more than once on this leg, first in finding the hay, and then in getting through the Roadblock.  They've gotta get better at doing things themselves, or they're as good as toast.

Brooke & Robbie: Defeatist Brooke visits us once more at the Detour and again at the Roadblock.  I admire Robbie for being able to get her focus back onto things when she starts to fret, but this was a Roadblock that proved that he won't be around to do that every time.  At least she psyched herself back up and got that Roadblock on her own, after all.  Though I guess Maya also helped with that.

Amy & Maya: This is probably the most screen time they've gotten so far.  And what they got wasn't too good.  At least it confirms what we've been suspecting: that they're just not good with directions.  They do their tasks amazingly, but suffer when it comes from actually getting from task to task.  They could've notched fifth place if they hadn't missed that turn to the Roadblock that Brooke & Robbie saw right in front of them.  Instead, sixth place is their finish.  Like they said, they've gotta get it together with the navigation, or they're in deep mud on the future legs.

Shelley & Nici: Honestly, I'm a mix of saddened and relieved that they're gone.  They seemed to get along much better on this leg, and they did their tasks quickly enough.  But navigation did them in big-time.  I couldn't believe that they got themselves so turned around like that.  They were so far behind, they barely saw any teams again when they got to the Detour, but never again after that.  Too bad for them, but such bad navigation deserves an elimination.

Once again, great episode.  Can't wait to see next week's leg!

Edited by Donny Ketchum

Goats!  Camels! Horsies!  Birds on heads!  The menagerie is in full effect.

I have to hand it to the Tooth Fairies, when they're on, they're solid. Despite appearances, they try their best to stay focused unlike Brooke who spazzes out at just about everything.

That was a little predictable. I knew the Scientists wouldn't be gone because the next episode is titled "Pretty Fly For a Food Scientist." Once Brooke managed to figure out how to do the puzzle, Shelley & Nici's downfall was complete. I'm glad they're gone, mostly because they're the second most combustible team in the field, after the Dentists. I just hope the Survivors don't give them much grief at the Elimination Station (or whatever it's called).

I know that the Dentists (or at least Jim) are cringeworthy, but I admire the way they raced this leg. I thought the tent Detour would bite them, since it involved the attention to detail that failed them a few legs ago. But they rocked that out, and Misti managed to go through the Roadblock without much difficulty (Brooke). I could live with a Dentists/Surfers/Cyclists throwdown in the final leg.

Speaking of the Surfers . . .  I hate to say it, but I'd get sick of their lovey-dovey attitude really quick. It's fine once a week, but Adam & Bethany are too cutesy together. Props to Bethany for figuring out the puzzle and using her feet. I wonder if she packed the Express Pass in case of trouble. I don't think she would, because she's that fearless. I'd root for them even if Bethany had two arms.

Cyclists might have won the leg if they didn't swap tasks twice. Third place fit them well, but I know they're capable of better placement. If only I could tell them apart.

And yeah, Phil looks more chill these days. Maybe he shines in direct comparison to Probst, or maybe he's in a better mood. I like it. And I like the greeter with the birds on his head. I guess that's a local tradition.

The tent shenanigans by the editors was kind of offensive.  I have to wonder if they would have gone there if they were a straight couple?

Which one of the cyclists was it that went running across the bridge like a boss?  That was impressive.

Coming up: Plowing with oxen!!!

• Love 6

Another enjoyable episode.  I really love that this group is so friendly and respectful to one another.  I thought it was great that, when Misti mentioned that another team was there, Jim said, "that's ok."  He has definitely mellowed, and he may be a bit sure of himself, but I don't have a problem with them.  Shelley and Nici handled the stress of their situation so much better.  I really believe that being on this race has helped their relationship.  Great tasks, lots of opportunity for shuffling.  So many competitive teams that there's no runaway.   

• Love 5

Did anything happen while mother/daughter were on the mat? Or after? Our power was briefly knocked out, and the last six minutes of the show weren't recorded. The last thing we did see was the Philimination, and his comment about how the good news was that they were holding hands, and not fighting. But it seems like that should have come with two minutes left, not six, so I'm wondering what we missed. (Quite possibly we missed nothing but a bunch of commercials.)

On topic: So I guess Dentist Ken (his wife being Dentist Barbie, of course) flunked out of med school before going to dental school. As a team they might be tolerable, even with his buggy eyes, but the egos are too much. Hopefully a TAR-humbling is on the way.

Right now I'd be happy with a Surfer win or a Biker win; I wouldn't be upset with anybody winning as long as it wasn't the Dentists or the Wrestlers. (He's not so bad, but her whining is too much.)

• Love 1

Meh episode compared to the last ones. Really predictable. Still rooting for the bikers followed by the scientists. I really respect Bethany for what she does, but lets not turn the show all about her. At least, despiste their leading, the leg wasnt all about how they are the dominate team. Really hope we get some thought competition going further.

Misti is proving to be a little useless with Jim doing all the lifting while she takes it a little easy. Jim mostly does all the work and she just stands there while he gives out directions to Misti. So Jim wasn't completely off the mark when he pretty much said that she was. I do give her credit for doing the bridge and mostly blazing through it. Sucks that they're number one in this eppy. 

I don't have a problem with the Dentists. They don't really squabble, they don't mistreat other teams, and they're good racers. Jim is clearly very strong, and if he wants to carry all the hay, it's probably a calming exertion for him. Yes, he takes charge on joint tasks, but they work well together and get shit done, so it clearly works for them. And as Misti showed tonight, she can do fine on her own, she is not helpless without him. They earned their first place finish. Yes, their bragging can be a bit much, but at least the show is having some fun with it, and I would always choose that over Nici/Shelley fights and feuds. I am happy to see those two gone.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Like 1
  • Love 13

Kym and Alli gave us the first true Bald Snark of S25

Wasn't that a double Bald Snark?

I think the guy judging the tent set-up was an easy grader.

Note to Shelley and Nici: If the clue says the next location is approximately 15KM outside of town, don't drive for 3 hours before you ask for directions. Just sayin'.

• Love 5

Lakebum, you pretty much saw the end. Phil did the bird thing again, and it flee back to the chicken.

When I saw the two birds, I thought, "final leg will have animal/country questions!"

The shadows cast by the final team were hours longer than the other teams' shadows.

• Love 1

The tent shenanigans by the editors was kind of offensive.  I have to wonder if they would have gone there if they were a straight couple?

Totally agree. I thought that was a really cheap shot, highlighting their dialogue as such: "Hold on to yours. Just stick it up there. Oh yeah, oh yeah." Followed by a shot of a rooster making an "OMG" face. I mean, maybe they just thought it was too much to resist and thought it was really funny, which a lot of people probably thought it was, but I still thought it was a cheap shot. I feel kind of bad for them. They're not my favorite team but they are earnest and inoffensive as racers go.

I don't get what's up with the promos for "the coming weeks." I wonder what the ratings are like this season now that they're on Friday.

• Love 6

as Misti showed tonight, she can do fine on her own, she is not helpless without him.

Yeah, she does fine when she's forced to be on her own by RBs, but gets peripheral and wandery in joint tasks. I most like teams that show versatility in joint tasks, and I think my main issue with Misti/Jim so far is that all the Detour choices have felt like they've been dictated by Jim's strengths, while the RB mentality has been "let's find ones that Misti can do and leave the rest for Jim". I'd love to see her step up and say "let's do this Detour, I can rock this" or "I'm taking this RB", but that hasn't happened yet.

Wasn't that a double Bald Snark?

I'm Orthodox Church of the Bald Snark, whose doctrine is that the true Bald Snark is not simply switching Detours, but switching Detours and then switching back. But I'm tolerant of more liberal denominations.

• Love 7

I think the guy judging the tent set-up was an easy grader.

Yep. Easier than I think the teams anticipated, especially after the Denmark dude. It felt like that was a more skewed Detour than perhaps it was planned to be, especially after one of the cyclists got back quarante-cinq minutes for the churning time. T/T's turnaround seemed pretty fast given that they were a later arrival at the Detour.

Note to Shelley and Nici: If the clue says the next location is approximately 15KM outside of town, don't drive for 3 hours before you ask for directions. Just sayin'.

15km: a shade under 10 miles. And you have a km-indicated tripmeter on your shiny new Ford Fiesta. Use it.

Edited by etagloh

Well, some people leave medical school for dental school, and some leave medical school for veterinary school. I've known both, and there are many reasons.

ETA: Really? One of the cyclists got a time credit?

I was also puzzled at the "weeks to come" promo, but TAR has done that in the recent past.

Edited by jjj
  • Love 5

Surprised to see Jim/Misti skyrocket so many teams to first this leg, Morocco is a pretty nice place from this episode. Kym/Alli, Jim/Misti and Adam/Bethany are serious contenders are going probably going to be the Final 3 unless some major screwup happens. I like the scientists but they are probably the next team to go if the wrestlers aren't gone next.

I guess Dentist Ken (his wife being Dentist Barbie, of course) flunked out of med school before going to dental school.

Classic Seinfeld:

Beth: What do you call a doctor who failed out of medical school?

Jerry: What?

Beth: A dentist.

Speaking of the Surfers . . . I hate to say it, but I'd get sick of their lovey-dovey attitude really quick. It's fine once a week, but Adam & Bethany are too cutesy together.

I don't mind it because they genuinely seem to like each other (as opposed to the couples we see where one is constantly berating the other or the ones who are fake nice to each other). It also helps that Bethany and Adam are very good racers. They work hard without complaining.

Brooke needs to STFU. Yelling about shit doesn't get it done any faster. It also doesn't make a puzzle any easier or a bridge any lower or shorter. I am so sick of her defeatist attitude and screeching about how haaaaaaaaard every task is. I thought the food scientist was neutrally supportive at the puzzle task, telling her not to give up without offering to help.

The food scientists, like Tim and Te Jay, seem to have problems navigating. It was smart of T&T to offer to show the cyclists where the carriages were in exchange for getting the location of the hay.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

I don't think I hallucinated it, but there was a shot of Robbie in the carriage eating one of his apples, which I thought was meant for his horse. (I suppose it was a matter of time, since he has constantly been asking to eat the food from previous tasks.) I was convinced that it would result in a penalty, or at least some hijinks when the wrestlers get to the end and had not enough apples. But twas not to be.

Gay people have sex too, despite what some TV portraits would suggest, so I didn't find that offensive in some sort of homophobic way. Infantile, perhaps, but not offensive.

"I feel like I just kissed a goat." Brooke is offended by that remark, Robbie. 

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Love 4

Glad to see Shelley and Nici gone, they just annoyed me, it always felt like another argument was just under the surface waiting to explode. Bethany continues to impress, she's just one of those people who doesn't see insurmountable obstacles, just things that need to be taken care of. And again Jim & Misti are rocking the challenges.  

• Love 2

Jim & Misti:  I don't think I've ever seen Jim blink. 

Adam & Bethany: Foot-fu!  Amazing.

Kym & Alli:  Buggered by the Bald Snark.

Tim & Te Jay: Raced fairly well; scared of a pigeon.

Brooke & Robbie: Pretending to be pretending to be dumb.

Amy & Maya: Probably leave a trail of breadcrumbs when they go to the bathroom, so they can find their way back.

Shelley & Nici: Good riddance.

• Love 2

Still liking the Cyclists and Adam and Bethany as my two favorite teams.  But, and I kind of dread mentioning it, there were several moments tonight when Misti and Jim didn't completely annoy me.  The first was Jim at the Roadblock, when Misti was walking the bridge and rather than say something stupidly competitive, he said something like, "Well, as long as she's safe."  And then at the mat, the two of them snarked on their own teeth and Misti's laugh was genuine and real....and endearing.  Dammit, I'm going to end up liking them by the end (although I still like the Cyclists and Adam/Bethany better.)

Who wouldn't?  Bethany is a total badass :)

• Love 8

Kym & Alli... so funny these two. I really do adore them.  They have the best attitudes of any team on this show in years, and Bald Snark or not, are serious ass racers too.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 12

ETA: Really? One of the cyclists got a time credit?

No, they asked how long it would take to churn the butter and were told 45minutes.

I wonder how the Beekman Boys would've handled the goat butter task. After all, aren't they goat cheese makers?

They would have DOMINATED!

• Love 1

I don't think I hallucinated it, but there was a shot of Robbie in the carriage eating one of his apples, which I thought was meant for his horse. (I suppose it was a matter of time, since he has constantly been asking to eat the food from previous tasks.) I was convinced that it would result in a penalty, or at least some hijinks when the wrestlers get to the end and had not enough apples. But twas not to be.

I thought the exact same thing!  I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a penalty.  

Bethanny solving the puzzle with her foot.  Awesome.  Brooke annoyed me big time on the Roadblock.  She just seemed so...loud.   I was surprised that the cyclists did the double Bald Snark.  I didn't think they would give up so easily.  I'm glad it still ended up working out for them.  Glad Shelly and Nici are gone.  I could feel another argument brewing and it just made me uncomfortable. 

Aren't they flight attendants? Shouldn't they know a little something about distance? Not saying they have to know what a pilot knows but still. 15KM is about 9 miles.

Yep. Easier than I think the teams anticipated, especially after the Denmark dude.

The Denmark thing would have been ridiculously easy if it wasn't meticulous (the flowerpot with two different sides was evil though). This was harder because there were physical parts and sewing too. It's true that we didn't see the judge reject anyone on their first attempt. Another possibility is that the racers are learning how to do those sorts of tasks, and that details matter.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat

Ha!  I knew that was going to be the episode name when Robbie said it.  Do people think the wrestlers are getting a bit camera muggy?  They're kind of growing on me.  I think they are natural entertainers.  They were hilarious with the goats.

I'm sorry, but I like Jim and Misti.  (I probably wouldn't in real life, but as characters on a reality show I enjoy watching them.)  It was nice to hear him compliment her on camera for powering through the roadblock.  His pride in her was obvious.  Interesting strategy they have of letting her do so many RBs early on so when things get more competitive later he will be doing them all.

Speaking of the RB, holy moley that Bethany crossed those swaying bridges and cables so well with only one hand.  She's a wonder.

The tent shenanigans by the editors was kind of offensive.

Yeah, that was pretty gross.  I'm surprised it got by the censors.

The scientists are circling the drain.  (Or they would be if they could find it.)  

The birds on the greeter's head were an interesting fashion statement.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1

Phil told the wrestlers that they had made it halfway through the race, so they seem to be hung up on the idea that it's the halfway point.

Brooke & Robbie: Pretending to be pretending to be dumb.

Exactly.  Robbie was pretty much useless during the goat milking.

I admit it, I was mad impressed with Bethany on that rope bridge (especially compared to Brooke). I just wish the editors didn't feel the need to constantly show Adam and the other racers telling us how awesome Bethany is. We know it, we can see it for ourselves. Stop shoving it down our throats.

I'm also tired of the sunburst special effect they keep  using on the dentists' teeth at the finish mat. Tooth fairies, indeed.

• Love 2

Re: Robbie and the apple, they do get to eat on the race, maybe he just bought an extra apple.

I don't get why people keep saying Jim flunked out of med. school? I didn't get that from what was said at all? and the line he used in the final interview was one PHIL came up with on the mat, I'm sure production asked him about it off camera to get a response like the one he gave.

I didn't find the T&T tent remarks offensive, I did think the editors spent a lot of time putting them together.

Maybe I'm thinking too Meta about all this?

Loved Bethany on the RB, and I think both the surfers and the dentists have a good strategy in having the member that might have problems on a RB do as many as possible up front in case there is one down the line that they wil be unable to do, though I don't think that's been a problem in the races recently? And how much info do they get before they have to choose who will do it? They'll need to be careful about that too.

• Love 1

The tent shenanigans by the editors was kind of offensive.

Whatever others may have heard and interpreted, anything of that nature went completely over my head.  I didn't hear anything other than T&T trying to figure out how to do the detour task.

• Love 13

I didn't watch the preview, but if you're concerned about the scheduling, it should still be a go for next Friday.  However, the show will be pre-empted on Friday 11/14 for some awards show that CBS is broadcasting.  As for why Phil would say "in the coming weeks", your guess is as good as mine.

I thought this was a very good episode.  I was surprised they'd let teams drive themselves through Morocco.  That's 3 driving legs out of 6 already - equalling last season's total, and exceeding season 23's total.  And sure enough, it was a team getting themselves lost while driving that caused elimination, just like the races of yore.  I thought the tasks were good, and there some great editing moments.  I loved when the music cut out and they just played the back and forth "singing" of the teams with the local man.

I'm rooting for Kym and Alli, Amy and Maya, or Adam and Bethany.  The only team I'm actively rooting against is the wrestlers, because I really think they're being just personalities instead of themselves (though perhaps its inherent to their jobs).  

• Love 3

I'm Orthodox Church of the Bald Snark, whose doctrine is that the true Bald Snark is not simply switching Detours, but switching Detours and then switching back.

Preach it!

Well, some people leave medical school for dental school, and some leave medical school for veterinary school. I've known both, and there are many reasons.

I know of at least 3 people who went to medical school because they couldn't get into veterinary school.  I've never heard of the other way.  Maybe people at GOOD medical schools can do that- but vet schools are hard to get into because there are a lot fewer of them.

I wonder how the Beekman Boys would've handled the goat butter task. After all, aren't they goat cheese makers?

Probably with hysterics. They never seemed very capable on their reality show- they were always chasing the goats around like crazy people. The guy who lived on their property actually cared for the animals.

• Love 4

Another fun episode.  I'm really enjoying this season and I think it has to do with me not really loving or hating any of the teams. I don't feel too invested in any one team. Although I don't really want to see the dentists win, I don't hate them.  I'm glad we're starting to see more of the scientists personalities but I fear they aren't long for the race.

I think the previews were done that way because we're at the halfway mark of the season so TPTB were showing us what the second half will look like.  Phil said to one of the teams, I think it was the wrestlers, something along the lines of you made it through the first half and the second half is just going to get crazier.  I think it all ties in. I'm relieved we'll get a show next week.

• Love 3

I'm enjoying this season so much...  I like most of the teams now (even the dentists don't irritate me that much) and although I'm totally Team Cyclists all the way, I don't hate anyone. 

I am also LOVING that the show is on Friday night because the football overrun crap is soooo annoying on Sundays.

Re the Tim and TeJay tent thing, I did laugh the way I would have if it were a straight couple (and I do think they would have done the same thing with the sounds and soundbites). And was that a rooster at the end? I thought it was a cock.  SORRY (not sorry). :D

• Love 9