Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Don't forget the Female Intimacy vitamins, at Walgreen's. 

I find it hard to believe that her name adds any value to a product at this point, given her list of failures.  Her core support group must have shrunk considerably.  

• Love 10

What does a personalized Cameo greeting mean? Is it a video where the celebrity says your name and then some generic message? $500 for this from Bethenny? Anyone  who falls for this has more money than sense. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

What does a personalized Cameo greeting mean? Is it a video where the celebrity says your name and then some generic message? $500 for this from Bethenny? Anyone  who falls for this has more money than sense. 

I haven’t used it yet but was browsing out of curiosity.  There are various options, but mostly you pay a fee and provide the celebrity the name and personal information about the person you want the message made for to celebrate birthday, anniversary, etc. They then email the video saying..for example, Happy Birthday, Sarah.  Your niece, Kelly, tells me that you are a fan. I hope your beach trip goes well and........etc.   Some offer live introductions.  The stars range from very D list to pretty famous.  I fail to see how you could make much money doing it. 🤔 it’s an musing gift for the person who has everything.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I know people who have done it with favorite athletes and the like. The price depends on the person, the folks who I know who have done it paid $50. The celeb makes a personalized message. It is nice and kind of cool.

I doubt that it is a huge money maker but it probably takes 5 minutes to do and you make whatever amount of money. Sounds easy enough to me, so why not?

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

A friend of ours had Lisa Van Der Pump do a Cameo for his husband's birthday and it was very nice. Lisa was all done up and had the dogs and made an effort.

With Bethenny you get her in the back of her hired car on the way to something else, hair all disheveled, no makeup, glasses and then there's her attitude. Ugh.

SkinnyGirl popcorn is good but it's just relabeled Orville Redenbacher!  The ingredients are for the most part all the same.  

• Useful 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

I could see doing this if the personality was someone that the birthday person really liked.  Many of my friends and family have a rule of no gifts unless they are consumable or events. As in don't buy me more stuff I have no room or need for.  If I need it I'll buy it.  So spending $50 on a personal greeting could be fun.  

Would I spend even a dollar on Bethenny? That's a big no. I would say @RedDelicious nailed it.  Beth would be looking disheveled on her way to  something else and tell you how busy and important she is. Of course, she might only be in the car so she can look busy and important.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

SkinnyGirl popcorn is good but it's just relabeled Orville Redenbacher!  The ingredients are for the most part all the same.  

This! I was so mad to find their Sea Salt & Lime gone and relabeled. They sold the full size bags. Now I can only find the flavor in the Skinnygirl half bags. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Maybe I’m crazy, but the skinny girl taste better to me.  I’ll have to do a blind taste test! 😝

I read that Matt Roloff went above and beyond to his people on Cameo. Family members raved in their reviews about the time and attention he put into making their loved ones special occasion super special.  But, I don’t know anyone who is a big fan of Matt. Lol. I wish there was a larger variety of artists. 

• Love 6

I'd only get a cameo from Bethenny if she was rambling and sobbing nonsensically while in the back of her car LOL (but not for $500! sheesh)

A long while ago, my sis sent me one of the #thisisacrisis tees as a joke, because sometimes anxiety has its way with me, and little anthills can turn into mountains-(but I internalize *most* of it, so am definitely not a BF). I will wear it when I'm having a really anxious day, and it makes me laugh and lighten up a lot. (Dear sis should've sent me a not-everything-is-a-crisis tee instead 😆) At least the money went toward good works though!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe I’m crazy, but the skinny girl taste better to me.  I’ll have to do a blind taste test! 😝

To me the little Skinnygirl bags have more seasoning. When you reduce the number of kernels but keep the same seasoning amount it gives a richer flavor. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/25/2021 at 9:43 AM, ProfCrash said:

I doubt that it is a huge money maker but it probably takes 5 minutes to do and you make whatever amount of money. 

NPR did a podcast about how cameos were huge in 2020 as people looked for safe ways to celebrate during the pandemic.  Gilbert Gottfried said he easily makes $1,000 a day for about an hour of work.

Edited by Booger666
  • Useful 5
11 hours ago, Booger666 said:

NPR did a podcast about how cameos were huge in 2020 as people looked for safe ways to celebrate during the pandemic.  Gilbert Gottfried said he easily makes $1,000 a day for about an hour of work.

It’s really shocking how lucrative cameo, personalized video services are! Even friends of have been able to cash in. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 6/25/2021 at 5:04 AM, weaver said:

Don't forget the Female Intimacy vitamins, at Walgreen's. 

I find it hard to believe that her name adds any value to a product at this point, given her list of failures.  Her core support group must have shrunk considerably.  

Whaaaat??? Under her name???? hahahahahaaaa <small voice> might have to check them out — just not B’s.  😊

On 6/25/2021 at 4:37 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

I'd only get a cameo from Bethenny if she was rambling and sobbing nonsensically while in the back of her car LOL (but not for $500! sheesh)

A long while ago, my sis sent me one of the #thisisacrisis tees as a joke, because sometimes anxiety has its way with me, and little anthills can turn into mountains-(but I internalize *most* of it, so am definitely not a BF). I will wear it when I'm having a really anxious day, and it makes me laugh and lighten up a lot. (Dear sis should've sent me a not-everything-is-a-crisis tee instead 😆) At least the money went toward good works though!

I think I want that tshirt too! 😂😂. How do I order it?  Only if it doesn’t profit Beth though.  

Edited by Thumper
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Bethenny’s organization went immediately to Miami with supplies and cash cards. She does good things.

That’s great.  She does have some good traits.  It’s another reason I get frustrated with her. I liked being a fan, but she wouldn’t let me.  Lol.  She has a great sense of humor, imo and can be quite charming and generous.  Then she gets in her own way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 6/28/2021 at 6:55 PM, Thumper said:

Whaaaat??? Under her name???? hahahahahaaaa <small voice> might have to check them out — just not B’s.  😊

I think I want that tshirt too! 😂😂. How do I order it?  Only if it doesn’t p of it Beth though.  

I just peeked and the one my sister sent me is on B's website: https://bethennyscause.org/thisisacrisis-short-sleeve-unisex-t-shirt/p/l92l9o

I just googled, and the one my sister should've sent apparently doesn't exist...yet! I should get on that LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So Bethenny's been on TWO episodes (at least) of "Beat Bobby Flay".  I posted here about the first appearance, which I found really disappointing, because B. was a judge for that episode, and then continuously hit on a hot (young, married) Italian chef and then gave the win to the other chef to probably make things look "fair".  It was so inappropriate.

Now I'm watching another one, and I was all set to say that oh maybe she's well behaved on this episode, but then this happened.

If you would like context, the point of the celebrity judges is for them to "distract" Bobby Flay from cooking so that the non-famous chef cooking against him wins, but how can you argue that this doesn't distract everyone?  🙄. Thus, then negating the point of the distraction....... 

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled6.jpg

Untitled5.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 7/24/2021 at 8:34 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Bryn is holding what looks like a Kelly bag in one of Frankel’s Instagram photos. Is it authentic, and does Bryn own it? She’s 11 years old, correct?

That wouldn’t surprise me actually 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Bethenny knew it all.

I'm ok with anyone outing Tom & Erika, but of course Bethenny knew everything before everyone. 

I’m not sure why Bethenny is bragging on knowing Erica and Tom had money troubles years ago. Why is that so special?  I’m not sure why this is something to be proud of.  With Bethenny’s legal woes, I’d think she may pass on the judgment train.  I disagree with what she claims Dennis said about Tom spoiling Erica.  He said Tom could not say no to Erica. I don’t believe that at all.  He had no trouble speaking his mind and putting Erica down plenty on screen.   

Im curious if Dennis’s estate sued Tom for the money B claims he owed Dennis.  They should have, it he owed him $500,000.   Hmmmmm…….

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

May I marry your post, Happy Camper?

18 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I have a good rapport w@erikajayne & respect her work ethic

...respect Erika Jayne's work ethic? WTF? When did living off the stolen settlements of widows and orphans become a "work ethic"?

And so much for Bethenny's Mention it all bullshit. More like "Keep quiet until years after my dead fake fiancee told me about this dirty financial scandal."

I expect massive backtracking (after Frankel pretends she never-once no-never validated Erika the Grifter) and multiple Insta vids of BStrong handing out $25.00 Walmart gift cards to the victims of the Girardis.

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9

Wonder if Bethenny ever opined on Dennis Shield's company LawCash and their allegedly nefarious practices.   No?  Surely she read the accusations.   

Yesterday B posted an IG story of Bryn reading a self written tome on why she wants to be a vegetarian (again).   Bethenny raved about how smart and caring she was and that she felt the need to post the whole reading because it was so impressive.    Bethenny is a stage mother of the worst kind. 

Has she seen her mother's exotic Birkins and figured out where the croc skins come from? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
On 9/23/2021 at 6:53 AM, weaver said:

Yesterday B posted an IG story of Bryn reading a self written tome on why she wants to be a vegetarian (again).   Bethenny raved about how smart and caring she was and that she felt the need to post the whole reading because it was so impressive.    Bethenny is a stage mother of the worst kind. 

Anyone remember her Brynnygirl trademarks? Bethenny is 50% Kim Zolciak-Biermann and 50% Lisa Rinna, which still makes Bethenny 150% shameless and self-interested in everything she does. She's a deeply and fundamentally flawed person.

She gives to charity, but she's not a charitable, kind, or giving person. She's really only capable of empathy when it is abstract. A disaster in a far off place, she'll boo hoo online to raise money, but turn into a TERF when someone asks her to begin having a pronoun discussion with her kid.* She'll talk about how she wanted to add more women of color on the shows, but ignore that she was and is routinely awful to every woman of color she's ever interacted with.

*A number of her listeners have disputed that the situation she described at the summer camp ever happened. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Anyone remember her Brynnygirl trademarks? Bethenny is 50% Kim Zolciak-Biermann and 50% Lisa Rinna, which still makes Bethenny 150% shameless and self-interested in everything she does. She's a deeply and fundamentally flawed person.

She gives to charity, but she's not a charitable, kind, or giving person. She's really only capable of empathy when it is abstract. A disaster in a far off place, she'll boo hoo online to raise money, but turn into a TERF when someone asks her to begin having a pronoun discussion with her kid.* She'll talk about how she wanted to add more women of color on the shows, but ignore that she was and is routinely awful to every woman of color she's ever interacted with.

*A number of her listeners have disputed that the situation she described at the summer camp ever happened. 

The line I highlighted in your post is 100% what I see in her.  She does not like to look beyond her lens.  She gives to charity and has done some good work there, but it is also from a position in which she positions herself as the savior of those she sees as below her.  One on one, she is a deeply unkind person who defaults to anger and derision when her mindset or actions are challenged in any way whatsoever. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Love 6

She is tweeting that she has a new show coming soon but "that's a big secret".

Just keep it a secret; we won't be watching.

HunterHunted great summary of Beth's pathology. She cruises along the surface of relationships because she needs the attention (and social media), but is incapable of any personal depth.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 9
On 9/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, Happy Camper said:

How many fails will she have before she gives it up? So embarrassing.

Did she ever explain what happened to the operations manager she "hired" in Big Shot?  Who did she blame for the failure of that show?   

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I am binge watching Shark Tank and she has been on -and as annoying as ever.

What a know it all.

Yes and no that I agree with you, she was very talky and opinionated but and this is a big one, BUT she said some very credible things to the No Mo Mustache team, yes the packaging was great but it will be hard to have just that one product that will continue to make money in a saturated market, her suggestion of making the Lady Emergency kit was a solid suggestion.  The Mustache team should run with that, contact Bethenny after they have the products together with packaging and make a deal, B tends to turn products in to gold, TV shows not so much but products, yes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, weaver said:

Did she ever explain what happened to the operations manager she "hired" in Big Shot?

The woman who was actually an HBO executive whose background they hid on the show? She's probably back at her real job.

13 hours ago, weaver said:

Who did she blame for the failure of that show?   

She claimed she left that deal because she didn't want to be shackled. She wanted to be free to pursue whatever opportunities that she wanted. Sure Jan.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Who could possibly be stupid enough to invest in a new Bethenny show except for Bethenny herself? The reviews were scathing. All you have to do is google "big shot with bethenny reviews". 

This woman who "knows it all" predicts:

"It won’t fail," she declares. "There was a moment in the beginning because of the pandemic, and because of certain things that I was worried for one second, and I almost delayed it. I don’t do it if it’s not going to be done well. I have done this for a long time, and I have produced other shows — this is the biggest show with the biggest budget, with the biggest partners and the greatest streamer, so stakes are very high, but it’s too good a show. It’s too big to fail."

She can't bring herself to eat her own words even if they're saturated in SkinnyGirl salad dressing because she is suddenly vegan and cannot consume a nothingburger.

To anyone who is willing to front another "Look at Me, I'm Bethenny" Show, please contact me. I have some swampland in Florida and a bridge from New York to the British Isles to sell you.

But wait! She does have this brilliant concept:

605932313_foodfight.thumb.jpg.392390542a0c6d910665766dcbc1c9f3.jpg

Bethenny: "People always say get out of your own head — it’s not entirely true. Reality television is the highlights. Something’s a sound bite. Something’s a takeaway. Something’s entertaining. I know what people want to see. I know what people want to drink. I understand what people think is entertaining".

She claims that she didn't want to be "shackled" to Mark Burnett? I suspect that "know it all" Bethenny didn't want to take advice from MGM to help her show succeed. The problem is that she had the chance to make a good show, because she does have her fans, but she has to do it all her way. She had to make herself the focus. She couldn't make it about the contestants and their lives. It wasn't about anyone's "big shot". It was about Bethenny.

This just about says it all about Bethenny's attempts at her own TV show.

https://jezebel.com/im-not-buying-what-the-big-shot-with-bethenny-frankel-w-1846955876

Good Luck to her with a future project.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Dear Bethenny,

Oh, for Pete's sake! Stop this madness! Come back home where you belong. Bring Jill with you and make up with her. No one cares about you when you're on your own. Please return to The Real Housewives of New York so that I may resume watching. Bring your bitterness, your tears, and your terrible one-liners. I need you to be my Greek Chorus. 

- Best Regards,
eXiled

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, eXiled said:

No one cares about you when you're on your own.

This is what she cannot accept. She still insists on Bethenny made it on her own because she is brilliant. She can't get past that she is "former New York Housewife Bethenny Frankel" 

The problem is that she is trying to make Bethenny a major TV personality outside of housewives and it 's never going to happen.  She will never be anything but former New York Housewife.

• Love 12
On 9/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, Happy Camper said:

How many fails will she have before she gives it up? So embarrassing.

But but but but we're just so desperate to know. 😄  Not!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

For as much as I completely dislike everything about Bethenny, I don't mind her cooking demonstrations on social media. She's still annoying af, but the cooking demonstrations are at least (somewhat) informative and she seems the most normal (cocktail demonstrations notwithstanding, I don't really like those). IMO, she should go back to basics. She's at risk of completely torpedoing her career if she hasn't already. She should stop trying to SkinnyGirl every concept that's already been done (but she thinks she created herself). She should stay off television. If she went after easy, healthy home cooking with real food, I might pay attention. Not the moldy cookies, not crazy substitutions to make things "skinny". Just regular food. She should go back to where it all started.

Of course this is already being done - Shereen Pavlides is a gem and just an all-around nice person with a fantastic YouTube channel from which I have learned a lot. 

Bethenny chasing her career just seems like a person with a gambling addiction. She's spent the last ten years trying to recreate another big win. Pro-tip. The house always wins.

• Love 12
On 10/4/2021 at 9:14 PM, eXiled said:

Come back home where you belong. Bring Jill with you and make up with her.

Not All Diamonds and Rose has said that Bethenny asked for something that Bravo wouldn't give her. They said acquiescing to it would have set a bad precedent. At the time, everyone thought it was a salary that matched Nene's $2.85 million. Now I'm thinking it was a producer credit for the show. Maybe it was both. 

Joke's on Bethenny. Kandi already has a producer credit for 1 episode of RHOA. Kandi also prohibited Bravo from profiting from her existing and future ventures long before Bethenny sold Skinnygirl. Kandi also has executive producer credits on her spinoffs. Bethenny only had an executive producer credit on Bethenny & Fredrik, not Bethenny Getting Married or Bethenny Ever After.

Jill said that after they had their confab when Bobby died, Bethenny blocked Jill's numbers.

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Not All Diamonds and Rose has said that Bethenny asked for something that Bravo wouldn't give her. They said acquiescing to it would have set a bad precedent. At the time, everyone thought it was a salary that matched Nene's $2.85 million. Now I'm thinking it was a producer credit for the show. Maybe it was both. 

Here's the quote from the book:

Frankel's exit from the show was also a talking point in the book, with (Executive Producer Lisa) Shannon saying Bethenny "wanted to be paid more" and Bravo not budging.

"There was a very specific thing Bethenny wanted in her contract that Bravo refused to give on and I knew they weren't going to give her. And that's why she left," added Andy. "I was disappointed, but I wasn't surprised. And I'm glad Bravo didn't cave on the contract. It would've set a bad precedent."

https://toofab.com/2021/10/19/rhony-bethenny-frankel-luann-de-lesseps-tom-dagostino/

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Bethenny responds on her podcast regarding Carole & Ramona's claims in the book that Bethenny "set up" the Regency photos:

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/27/bethenny-frankel-denies-setting-up-tom-dagostino-cheating-photo/

This was Bethenny's initial tweet when the book came out:

https://realityblurb.com/2021/10/27/rhonys-bethenny-frankel-talks-receipts-after-claims-of-salary-demands-shades-housewives-tell-all-for-spotlighting-women-trashing-women/

I still think production AND Bethenny were involved but Bravo is ok with the other HWs putting it all on her. If Bethenny orchestrated this all by herself it would have left too many loose ends. Bravo handed her a three-episode arc during a cast trip that she wasn't present for most of; I don't believe she would have gotten so much pre-confrontation camera time if Bravo didn't have a bigger hand in it.

And a demand I believe Bethenny made (pure guess on my part) was control of edit.

Re Bethenny's declaration that trashing women = wrong, check this quote from the first link:

“Two very credible ‘Housewives,’ just upstanding credible ‘Housewives’ — one of who is fired and one of who is about to be fired — say that I set up a photo of Tom cheating on Luann,” 

For us to be aware of how to offer more support to other women,, let's reflect on Bethenny's treatment of Jules, Bethenny's disregard for Dennis' widow, Bethenny's age and fat-shaming logo, Bethenny making sure said logo was prominently displayed whilst outing Tom's cheating followed up by outing Luann for falling apart the following season...then do the opposite.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
On 10/22/2021 at 4:03 PM, HunterHunted said:

Joke's on Bethenny. Kandi already has a producer credit for 1 episode of RHOA. Kandi also prohibited Bravo from profiting from her existing and future ventures long before Bethenny sold Skinnygirl. Kandi also has executive producer credits on her spinoffs. Bethenny only had an executive producer credit on Bethenny & Fredrik, not Bethenny Getting Married or Bethenny Ever After.

Jill said that after they had their confab when Bobby died, Bethenny blocked Jill's numbers.

Kandi is kick-ass.

I won't watch RHONY if Bethenny comes back - I might tolerate Jill in a friend role, but no more than that. She can't help herself. She'd be right back to plotting storylines.

• Love 9

Bethenny and Jason headed back to court for a custody hearing. I bet this has something to do with the incident back in the fall when Bethenny had Bryn out in the city for a "food tour" and she (Bethenny) was verbally assaulted by a presumed addicted man who got in her face and demanded she give him her f*cking money. It was on her Instagram stories at the time, because Bethenny mentions it all. Bryn was terrified and hid in a store and refused to leave (understandably).

Bethenny was wearing all of her jewelry including several heavy necklaces and her 3 carat studs. I remember thinking she's lucky that guy didn't rip the earrings right out of her ears. 

But besides that, I think the outfits she puts Bryn in (photos in the articles on DM and NYP) are totally inappropriate, so not only is she putting her daughter in unsafe situations, she dressing her inappropriately as well. Bryn is ELEVEN and she is being built into a mini-Bethenny.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6