Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Strangers

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

As far as Bob being bit, I don't think it really matters because they've deduced everyone is infected. It just takes dying to turn. So I am not sure that the Termites eating Bob alive will make any difference.

We don't know if everyone's deduced that, do we? Rick and Co. learned it from the guy at the CDC but maybe no one else knows?

• Love 2

We don't know if everyone's deduced that, do we? Rick and Co. learned it from the guy at the CDC but maybe no one else knows?

That's who I meant. I don't care if the Termites don't know that. They're the assholes eating people.

• Love 3

I really resent that this stupid Karen/David killing storyline has bled over to this season.  I accept that they needed someone outside of Terminus for the season premiere and Carol served that role just fine, but the whole murder thing was supid, out of character writing.  Like Carol, I'd rather forget that it ever happened than deal with some ham-fisted fallout from it - no matter how wonderful Melissa McBride is at selling it.

I was happy to see Daryl reaching out to her, but it's weak sauce compared to how much I hated that plot.  And what the hell was up with him dropping the water?  Was that supposed to be funny?  I found it awkward as hell.

Well I think we had to have her feeling all angsty and trying to leave (or thinking about leaving) so that Daryl could come find her and the two of them could take off (without a word to the group) after Beth's captors.  So the stupid, out-of-character writing continues to be a contrivance to get Carol where she needs to be for the plot to work, ugh.  If these people would get some goddamn walkie-talkies like everyone else, things would go MUCH more smoothly for our group.  In the preview, Sasha is saying "Now three of us are gone."  Bob was taken, but as far as they know, so were Daryl and Carol.

• Love 10

Why? Why? Why? Why would our group go down into stagnant water infested with numerous dead people for some canned goods? Is Dinty Moore soup really that delicious?  This group has no short term memory. I get it. Gabriel has a very sweet innocent face, but come on!  I'm sorry, but anyone who is clean and well groomed is automatically suspect in this world.  Every "happy" place has turned into a nightmare.

Carol and Daryl have the right idea.  Get the hell out of there and go after Beth.   

ETA: This has nothing to do with the show, but the baby actress who plays Judith is totally in love with Chad Coleman.  It's pretty adorable.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 13

I think she could not deal with their forgiveness because she has not truly forgiven herself for it all, specially after Lizzy and Mika. So it felt wrong to be there.

I agree, I think what might be stinging the most is not only her guilt over what happened with Lizzy and Mika, but also the fact that the group doesn't know everything eta. what happened with them.  Their forgiveness may feel hollow to her, not only because she can't forgive herself, but because they don't know everything and if they did she may feel she wouldn't have their forgiveness at all. 

Darryl and Carol going after Beth's kidnapper should be interesting. However, I must admit I don't miss Beth AT.ALL. In fact, I hadn't even thought about her until Darryl mentioned her at the end of tonight's episode.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 12

I though the woman in the photo was his girlfriend and was the nasty zombie that freaked him out at the food drive. That one was a woman and had glasses, too.

Just before the conversation about the katana, Rick asked Gabriel if the walker that freaked him out so much was someone he knew before she died, and he said 'yes'.  Rick drew the conclusion that the knowing was biblical, from his expression. Or at least that's what I took from it, and him having the photo confirmed it for me.

I am still irritated with Maggie.  All this talk about heading off to D.C....She knows Beth is alive and out there somewhere--is it just too much of a project to suggest trying to find someone who is lost?  Would she not at least ask Daryl for more information before making that decision? That it simply goes unsaid by Maggie and everyone else in the group who should love Beth like family is odd.  Or maybe they don't miss her when she's gone either.

• Love 13

So the stupid, out-of-character writing continues to be a contrivance to get Carol where she needs to be for the plot to work, ugh.  

i don't believe in the slightest that this was out of character writing or a contrivance.  Carol is certainly forgiven by the group, but they don't know about the girls yet and even if they never do, Carol obviously hasn't forgiven herself for the girls or for karen/david.. When she was reunited with the group, she hardly looked as overjoyed as they were.  .Carol might have found it easier emotionally to go it alone rather than deal with anyone's forgiveness or non-forgiveness.

• Love 8

i don't believe in the slightest that this was out of character writing or a contrivance.  Carol is certainly forgiven by the group, but they don't know about the girls yet and even if they never do, Carol obviously hasn't forgiven herself for the girls or for karen/david.. When she was reunited with the group, she hardly looked as overjoyed as they were.  .Carol might have found it easier emotionally to go it alone rather than deal with anyone's forgiveness or non-forgiveness.

I agree with you. We don't get to pick and choose which writing is acceptable and which isn't just because a favorite character doesn't come out smelling like a rose.  the same writing that made Carol  Lady Rambo made her the murderer of two innocent people.

• Love 6

No, I was unclear. I didn't think that Carol feeling unforgiven, having more on her conscience than her friends are willing to get past, is out of character at all. I was responding to the irritation that the inexplicable Karvid situation from last season has to bleed over into this one; in tonight's episode, we have to keep revisiting that occurrence (which many of us simply could not reconcile with reason let alone Carol's character) so that Carol can have motivation to go off alone, Daryl to follow her, and the two of them to disappear without notice.  That's the contrivance, bleeding over from last season.  Carol's response to her current situation, especially after Tyrese said he wanted to keep what happened with the girls a secret, makes total sense to me in terms of her character.

Speaking for myself, the idea of killing Karvid to protect the greater good might not have been so far out of character for Carol--the manner in which she did it, spreading their blood all over and burning their bodies, leaving them to be discovered, was just ridiculous.  It had to happen for Carol to be out of the prison at that time, and there is no other reasonable explanation in my mind. The way she reacted to Rick's questions about it wouldn't lead me to believe she had lingering guilt about that.  It seems to me that the guilt would have to be about the girls--or maybe she is even angry with Rick.  It's hard to tell, and honestly I don't think it was important for us as viewers to understand why she was upset. Just that she be upset enough to be off on her own to set up the road trip.

Edited by LilySilver
  • Love 5

As far as Bob being bit, I don't think it really matters because they've deduced everyone is infected. It just takes dying to turn. So I am not sure that the Termites eating Bob alive will make any difference.

The only reason I think it may turn out badly for the Termites is that when you get bit , you get sick.  There's obviously a stronger, activated virus once bit that differs from the one that everybody already has.  So if you eat the flesh of a sick dude, you may also get that stronger, more active infection. 

• Love 3

I wonder what the significance is to the slash on the tree where they knocked out Bob? They seemed to really zoom in on it.

Me too.  It seems like it must have something to do with the "deep" per Carl slashes on the church.  And I wonder what it has to do with those symbols that my beloved Morgan seemed to be following last week. 

• Love 5

I am not certain Bob was bitten. I got the impression he was on watch outside the church at night when he was taken by the Termites. And when we saw him crying, I got the impression he knew something the others didn't. That it went back to where he came from before he joined the group. Could he have somehow been involved with the Terminus group at some point perhaps before they became what they are now? And he escaped...would make sense as to how Gareth was talking to him by that fire. He acted as though he and Bob knew each other.

Just my 2 cents.

• Love 13

The only reason I think it may turn out badly for the Termites is that when you get bit , you get sick.  There's obviously a stronger, activated virus once bit that differs from the one that everybody already has.  So if you eat the flesh of a sick dude, you may also get that stronger, more active infection. 

Although where that theoretical stronger virus is from is a whole 'nother question.

Salivary glands? Pretty sure they've drooled into that water quite a few times.

Why walk into it? The characters have all got to have some open wounds at this point.

Maybe it gushes down into the mouth from the brain? Fine, but, again, you have no idea how much bashed-brain goop is in that water.

I can't help thinking a magnet on a stick might have been a better plan than swimming with the sharks.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 9
Could he have somehow been involved with the Terminus group at some point perhaps before they became what they are now? And he escaped...would make sense as to how Gareth was talking to him by that fire. He acted as though he and Bob knew each other.

Ack! I think you might be right. I found it weird the way Gareth was talking to Bob - it just seemed too familiar and strange, considering that Gareth shouldn't have even known much about Rick's group of people. It seemed too...intimate...knowing...On top of that, they didn't slit his throat, like they did the others who were considered dispensible. So when you wrote this, I was like, YES! Somehow Bob had been in that church before, or knew what happened, etc (Terminus, etc). That's why he was so messed up and all weepy, etc. This show...this show.....

• Love 9

I am not certain Bob was bitten. I got the impression he was on watch outside the church at night when he was taken by the Termites. And when we saw him crying, I got the impression he knew something the others didn't. That it went back to where he came from before he joined the group. Could he have somehow been involved with the Terminus group at some point perhaps before they became what they are now? And he escaped...would make sense as to how Gareth was talking to him by that fire. He acted as though he and Bob knew each other.

Just my 2 cents.

I thought that too. And if not, then Gareth's sense of what constitutes poetic justice (eta: he used the term "cosmic justice") is highly twisted. Which of course is a possiblity.

In thinking more about Carol ending up on the road trip with Daryl in the middle of her lonely guiltiness, I do think it has to be more about the girls than anything else.  (Not just because I just don't want to think about the stupid Karvid thing anymore--not because Carol is any favorite of mine, I just didn't think it was logical at all!)  So now she has a secret that she will spill to Daryl, drawing their relationship to an even more emotionally intimate level. Squeee for the shippers.

I wish I felt that the Termites eating Bob would make them sick, but it's a stretch at this point as noted above. Sickos. Gotta die and soon.

Has Rick said the line from the Season sneak peek about

"These people are my family; if you hurt them I will kill you"

yet?

Edited by LilySilver
  • Love 3

Doom was a poster on TWOP who had a thing for kudzu on this show set in the South, as in where the hell is it?!

Ok ep, had to be done, serviceable, etc. Fr. Gabriel shady as all get out; would not go into walker swamp for cans; bit of business with Judith & Rick likely unscripted & sweet as can be; Tara's fist bump reminded me of why I disliked her so heartily in the first place; sad that Carol is so clearly uncomfortable; dammit Tyreese!; did not believe Michonne, she does miss it; still rooting for Richonne; Abraham has a point; sadly, Eugene does not; and as a founding member of the B.O.B. Fan Club I am truly saddened by this turn of events, but I knew it was coming, as he was just so damned happy.

• Love 6

I think Faux-ther Gabriel is working with the cannibal crew. He reads their signs and sends them new victims (this is why someone carved you'll pay for what you've done on the church). It also works to show that a lot of people are working as part of the cannibal crew if they have worked out this kind of communication.

I do think that Bob has been bitten, and that he has now infected those who ate his leg.

I think Carol was leaving. She cared for this group and the leader kicked her out. She cared for Lizzie and Micah and they are both dead (one, once again, by her hand). Being with people hurts, and she is disengaging from people for that reason. I just hope she doesn't sacrifice herself to save Beth. I also haven't missed Beth at all, and I'd much rather have Carol on my team than Beth.

• Love 10

Well, on the bright side, one of his feet is still cool.

If that conversation between him and Sascha about dry versus cool feet was meant to be foreshadowing, I approve of their sense of humor! Oh, the agony of da feet...

Gareth's crew will probably relocate pretty soon.

They saw a sign that said "Picnic Area: 500 Feet."

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 10

Yeah, you know what? In the same conversation about feet, Bob also said the phrase "captive audience."

Occam's Razor is ruling out coincidence.

And, what the hell? As long as I'm here:

What does it cost you to sleep in Gareth's campground?

An arm and a leg.

What is Gareth's favorite sandwich?

A five foot sub.

How do you compliment Gareth on his cooking?

Tell him it tastes like ass.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 20

Just my 2 cents.

I had the same exact thought re: Gareth and Bob.  Gareth was talking to Bob as if he already knew him.

• Love 1

Ack! I think you might be right. I found it weird the way Gareth was talking to Bob - it just seemed too familiar and strange, considering that Gareth shouldn't have even known much about Rick's group of people. It seemed too...intimate...knowing...On top of that, they didn't slit his throat, like they did the others who were considered dispensible. So when you wrote this, I was like, YES! Somehow Bob had been in that church before, or knew what happened, etc (Terminus, etc). That's why he was so messed up and all weepy, etc. This show...this show.....

I thought they kept Bob alive to preserve the rest of the meat now that they're on the run and don't have whatever they had at Terminus to preserve meat. I assume the plan is to eat the other leg tomorrow and etc.

Also, Bob and Gareth talked at Terminus. He tried to convince him to let them go and take Eugene to DC. So I thought it was a continuation of that conversation.

And I thought he was crying either because he was bit or because his cheery attitude is a facade and what he really thinks is that they are fucked. So he needed that moment to let it all out.

• Love 9

Seems like the makeshift town and most of its inhabitants are gone but now the crew is gonna be hunted by Terminite stragglers for both revenge and food. I have a feeling that this season may start to remind me of The Road with Viggo Mortenson. Great movie but so relentlessly dark that it is not something that I could watch again.

Damn you Tyreese for not making sure you finish off that fool. So pissed to see him chilling by the fire. Probably didn't even jack up his mouth that much as he seemed to be munching rather easily on kabob.

I found The Road to be almost soul-destroying.  I regret watching it.  I think the show is straying a little into The Road territory - people being kept alive while limb after limb is eaten over time.  The problem is, the environment in The Road was destroyed.  The sun was basically gone, and there was no wildlife or plant life.  In TWD, there are squirrels and birds galore.  The sun shines while birds chirp happily.   They've grown crops.  There were baskets of nuts in the grove. 

Having the termite be alive is  just character assassination, in my opinion.  I re-watched that scene.  Tyreese would have left that man's skull crushed.  It's stupid that he not only survived, but thrived.

As happy as I was that Maggie forgave Tara, Maggie forgiving her so quickly makes me worry the story is over and Tara will die soon. I really, really, really like the Maggie/Glenn/Tara trio. I like that Maggie's dourness and Tara's awkward humor balance each other out, because Glenn has a part of both of these personality types. I need them to stay around for a while and continue to amuse me and make me care.

(and Alanna Masterson and Lauren Cohan had some crazy chemistry in that last scene tonight)

I agree.  Tara has grown on me, and I do like her with Glenn and Maggie.  In fact, I wonder if Tara is gay simply to keep Glenn/Maggie fans from panicking.

I was incredibly jumpy the whole episode.  I knew we were going to lose somebody.  I thought something would be in the trunk of that car, and attack Carol when she opened it.  I thought Michonne was going down when she reached for her Katana and it was gone.  I thought Abraham was going to be shot through the window.  There was also that scene where someone (Sasha?) heard something in the church when they were all partying, and looked at that closed door.

Again a church on TWD, and this time Episcopalian?  I live in Georgia.  There are thousands of Baptist churches, and I've yet to ever meet an Episcopalian.  Of course, if it was a Baptist church, they would have been sipping on grape juice.

If Carol wasn't planning on skipping out, she was definitely keeping that option open.  She seemed unhappy with Tyreese's desire to not tell the group about Mika/Lizzie.  Maybe Carol needs to talk about it.  I do love how she and Daryl are still close enough, that all he needs to do is stare at her and she knows what he's thinking.  She needs to confide in Daryl.  I got the impression that Daryl had followed her to that car because he feared she would leave again.

• Love 11

Questions I have about Shish-Ka-Bob: How did they keep him from bleeding out after cutting his leg off? And why didn't he immediately have intense pain in his leg when he first woke up? And why can't they just eat squirrels like everyone else?

Squirrels is trash food.

These fucking Termites.   Those sons a bitches!    They ATE Bob's leg.   Those bastards need to die, hard.   Bob was my dude.     Now he's toast.     Man, I hate those Termites. 

• Love 2

I was thinking about how, on paper, the scene with Rick and Carl easily could have been such an overused trope (the boy becoming a man needs his gruff father to see the good things in the world), but the performances (along with the decision to have Carl take his father's words to heart and go investigate) really made this more nuanced. Chandler Riggs didn't play Carl as the clear-eyed child - he remembered Carl's own darkness.

Riggs is growing up to be such a wonderful actor. He and Andrew Lincoln have one of the best rapports on TV. I remember a few years ago when it was all the rage to talk about what a shitty father Rick was and how Daryl was his "real" father (just as people had once said that about Shane), but you just can't beat that connection between the actors. When the show actually writes for their relationship, I always pay attention to their scenes. 

• Love 14

Why is nobody putting the nails to Eugene? I'm not a survivor of the ZA but I am one cynical, curious mofo and I would be quizzing him to tears. Step one would be to see what/if he knew that everyone had the virus - a simple enough thing to discover. I hate it when shows randomly make people disinterested in asking questions. Is that real life? I'm always asking questions and I live a cushy, non life-threatening existence. 

Rick Grimes: "Be on your guard at ALL TIMES. TRUST NO ONE." [one hour later] "Woo, let's go to D.C., baby!" I get it, but really?

On the adorable side, I think Daryl dropping the water bottle was a mistake by Norman Reedus that they kept in due to cuteness. I'm glad they did. 

• Love 14

I was thinking about how, on paper, the scene with Rick and Carl easily could have been such an overused trope (the boy becoming a man needs his gruff father to see the good things in the world), but the performances (along with the decision to have Carl take his father's words to heart and go investigate) really made this more nuanced. Chandler Riggs didn't play Carl as the clear-eyed child - he remembered Carl's own darkness.

I think Carl had a huge turning point last season.  That day he went off on his own, and realized he is still a kid, and he made foolish decisions.  Then that brief moment he thought Rick had died, and was willing to get bitten rather than shoot him.  I loved their talk this episode, and I loved that he listened and responded without rolling his eyes and arguing he's a man, etc.

• Love 7

Well, considering how many problems Bob has right now, it's a good thing Gareth is the leader of a gang of regular cannibals. Instead of a gang of horny Australian midget cannibals.

Otherwise he'd be saying "Put another shrimp on the Bobby!"

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 3

They sure reverted back to CDB awfully fast.

Rick tells Carl never to let his guard down.

What happens the first night they find some food an booze? They let their guard down... I mean cmon, not even a guard posted outside? Have they learned NOTHING?

• Love 6

Nope. Rick only learns things toward of the season, and then forgets about them so he can go through another redemption arc. Everyone else is contractually obligated to accept that Rick is the hero of the show.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 3

I thought Bob had been bitten.  But then I thought that these termites were pretty efficient cannibals.  Didn't they have a process of checking for bites and/or walkerfication before having someone for dinner?  I think they would have thoroughly checked Bob, which makes me think that he was crying about something else.

I just think that Carol wants to make sure that everybody knows just how much she's suffering. It's one way to make sure Daryl never leaves her side.

Ugh yes she was in full blown "poor me" martyr mode tonight and it was seriously irratating. I think I could actually get over the cold-blooded murderer part but her whole "sigh" attitude bugs the fuck out of me. People have better things to do than worry about you sorry ass, Bitch please. It would be one thing if someone actually said sometihng but no one had so much as looked at her sideways.

On other notes Father Gabriel is a little OTT but I love the actor so hopefully it will get better.

Also Chris Coy was on Treme so that's another David Simon connection. (Kept forgetting to post that last week.)

This episode was a lot of set up. I hope Maggie remeber's her sister next week. Or Rick finally remember's who used to watch Judith. Rick was cute with the baby though this week the little actress seems to be over her fear of the fuzzy man.

• Love 1

Nope. Rick only learns things toward of the season, and then forgets about them so he can go through another redemption arc. Everyone else is contractually obligated to accept that Rick is the hero of the show.

I don't think it's really on Rick at this point if they screw up. Most of them are trained and strong. Abraham goes on and on about protecting Eugene yet he never even considered the danger they were putting Eugene in. 

They sure reverted back to CDB awfully fast.

Rick tells Carl never to let his guard down.

What happens the first night they find some food an booze? They let their guard down... I mean cmon, not even a guard posted outside? Have they learned NOTHING?

I agree, but I sort of almost expect it, to keep the plot going. There's always idiot plotting. It's clunky but typical. 

Bwah!  I was thinking the same about the replacement black guy. When Morgan joins them, Tyrese will likely be the one to go. I had a really bad feeling when we saw that Bob and Sacha were so happy. Never a good sign on this show.

Yeah as soon as they kissed I was like oh Bob you are in trouble now.

I liked this episode a lot. Heavy-handed as it was, I like the direction they seem to be taking. After the ridiculous Governor storyline, they took last season to break everyone up and get back to the roots of the human reaction to the ZA, rather than pouring on the action and scares like they attempted to do in S3. Now that the gang is back together, the theme of the season seems to be going beyond the previous "the living are the real threat in the ZA" explorations and delving into what it means to stay human when the world is full of monsters (both living and dead). I'm looking forward to it.

Because as little as I buy Abraham and Eugene's bullshit "cure," I think that both they and Carl were making the same point: That they have the power to do more than just survive. Even if it's all bullshit, the group has been fighting so long and so hard and been through so much unthinkable insanity, that they are desperate to believe that they can do something more. That they can do something that really matters. And even if Washington is a huge mistake (which it clearly is), could it really be worse than where they've already been? Even though it's a terrible idea, they just have to do it. Because that's what being human is about. Survival in and of itself will never be enough, and that's what separates this group from the monsters.

Bob's demise was telegraphed heavily (though it didn't exactly happen), but I'm not entirely sure he was bitten. At first I thought he was, but then after all the optimistic speechifying from Abraham and the last kiss from Sasha... I actually wondered if he was heading out into the woods to kill himself. Either because he had been bitten, or because he couldn't make himself believe in Eugene's "cure" and no longer had the energy to put up an optimistic front (seeing nothing in his future but "survival" and being unable to face it, calling back to the theme of the season so far). But then he got abducted by the cannibals, and now I'm wondering if the whole "WAS HE BITTEN?!" hint-dropping was actually a big fakeout, so that the Termites' arrival would surprise us more when we were expecting a totally different end for Bob. Hmmm... nuanced layering of possibilities, or cheap misdirection? Good writing or bad? It's so hard to tell with this show!

As for Carol, I thought she was still a bit shaken from Lizzie and Micah, and being ejected from the group previously. Note that Rick took her back (or asked her to take him back, which was so very right) because she saved them, and she saved his children, and he owed her and needed her. Not because she had been forgiven or because their perspective on her transgressions had changed. They didn't accept what she did, they only accepted that she had made up for it in their eyes by rescuing them. And if they kicked her out for what she did to David and Karen, then what might they do if they ever found out about Lizzie and Micah? I think it's eating her up, possibly because she DOESN'T regret her actions the way everyone seems to expect her to, and it is making her feel like an outsider, and like she doesn't deserve to be one of them. But it's hard to tell with Carol; again, could easily just be lazy writing to get her out to the car with Daryl at the right time to chase down the Beth-nappers!

So far, I like where the season has been going. And also loving the number of Wire alumni that are showing up. Now I'm imagining the gang busting down the door to the church basement and finding Lester Freamon in there, carving tiny furniture by candlelight! (You know he would be!)

• Love 9

I wonder what Bob was outside lurking and crying about? Was I the only one bothered by how blatantly obvious it was that something was going to happen to him?

My guess? Bob got a tooth-nick from the Scuba Steve walker - and before he turned, he was planning on leaving the people who loved and accepted him. Before he got clopped on his capella and began his termite-initiated transition to BobbyQ, that is.

I don't think Carol was remotely acting or feeling martyr-ish. She wasn't the one who brought up all her good deeds or bad deeds, that was Tyreese, Rick, and Daryl. She wasn't asking anyone for forgiveness or cheer and when anyone offered it to her, she passed the gratitude off on someone else. She wasn't looking for sympathy or attention or anything from anyone, she was looking to just keep going and find a way to move forward and forget it.

But awful things happened and she can't forget it, especially now that things have slowed down enough for her to really think on it, and she seems to feel like she can't be with people, least of all these forgiving and loving people who want her. She was planning on leaving Tyreese and Judith at Terminus also, so I'm not terribly surprised she was thinking about leaving the group. I don't think she knows what to do or what to feel at this point.

I'm liking the role reversal between Daryl and Carol, a lot of callbacks to their interactions in the past. He clearly was sticking to her, picking up on all her cues. I appreciate their silent communication. I even appreciated the jug of water. It played incredibly awkward and funny in a serious moment and like something Reedus threw in for Daryl to show his awkwardness at cheering up and/or comforting someone and they decided to keep it.

What I did find sad and amusing at the same time was the great and epic search for Beth is occurring by mere happenstance. If Carol wasn't thinking about leaving and Daryl watching and following her, they never would've seen the car and the group would've all started their trip to DC. Because yeah, not one character even mentioned her as a reason to not leave the state as soon as they could.

So, thanks again to Carol? Heh.

• Love 21

OMG, last week's throat slicings were disturbing. But what happened to poor Bob is absolutely the most gruesome and sadistic thing I've seen from this show.

Gareth is such a wonderful psycho. I mean, munching on Bob's grilled leg right in front of him while having a polite conversation with him had me LOLing and cringing. Kudos, Gareth, so far I'm far more intrigued by him than I ever was by that blowhard the Governor. But I really do need Rick to put that red-handled machete thru his skull soon.

The show is so awful at telegraphing when they're going to kill someone off. Bob was far too happy and optimistic about the future to survive this episode. And all that dialogue and screen time was just like what happened to Jim, T-Dog, and Axel before they died. That's why I'm worried about my girl Carol.

Speaking of Carol, no doubt she was ready to cut out on the group when Daryl walked up to her at the car. She had it idling until Daryl decided to take it and go after the other car. I understand her angst about staying with the group. She's never been a bad person and still feels guilty about K&D and is still hurting about Lizzie & Mika. It's only been a week since all that went down. I just hope mopey Carol doesn't stick around all season, 'cuz that'll bore me real quick. 

When Carl offered pecans to Gabriel my heart hurt. Carol & Tyreese still had the pecans from the Grove. Little Mika loved those pecans. :(

Oh Tyreese, I knew he hadn't killed Martin when he stopped Carol from going into the cabin last week. Maybe his best role now is just being Judith's caretaker and protector. He's not cut out for the ZA. I don't blame him entirely for what happened to Bob. Gareth had other people with him besides Martin. I doubt a possibly concussed Martin was the one tracking the prison gang to the church. And seriously, what is with our gang going out in the dark all alone knowing that some of the Termites were left alive. These people never learn!

Abraham is getting on my nerves with his insistence that they all head to DC, NOW. I wish someone would tell him to shut up and wait until they've had a chance to gather provisions for the trip OR go on his damn own. He, Rosita, and Eugene where on their own before so why not do it again? He wants to be the alpha male when clearly that role is occupied by Rick. And he's such an idiot if he really believes Eugene's obvious lies. 

If Gabriel joins up with Rick and company when they hit the road, he'll only be a hindrance. I can't see him wielding a knife or gun to take down walkers. No way after 17 months of being cooped up in the church does he have any useful skills. He'd be about as helpless as Judith. Maybe Tyreese can babysit him too.

It's amazing how much Tara has grown on me. AM is not a particularly strong actress but putting her in small scenes with Glenn, Maggie, and Rick is a good way to integrate her into the group. Tara seems like a genuinely nice person who's handling her guilt and losing her sister and niece with a quiet strength.

These first 2 episodes have been very solid. I best like the show when everyone is together. But with Carol & Daryl going off on their own already, I fear the show will start to do too many bottle episodes like last year. 

ETA:

Because yeah, not one character even mentioned her as a reason to not leave the state as soon as they could.

If I liked Beth, I'd be pissed on her behalf. Maggie knows she's alive but is going to leave the area of her sister's last known whereabouts without even mentioning to Glenn that maybe they should give a look around for Beth. She's really been forgotten and it was only because of Carol that Daryl was out there on the road to see the kidnapping car. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 9

Poor Bob.  I was rooting for the character to be around for a while and I thought he and Sasha made a cute couple.  Since it looks like he's not long for the world, I really hope something is wrong with him and his flesh gives the Termites some horrible illness that kills them painfully.

I still think the well zombie from season 2 was grosser.

• Love 4

Either Bob or the priest were part of the kidnapping group imo. I'm leaning towards it being the priest because the church, lack of rations aside, was very similar to the funeral home(?) Beth was snatched from. The marks Morgan is following probably tie into this plot too. 

I can see it turning into the road trip of awkwardness once Beth joins Daryl and Carol and all shippers will be seething. 

Okay I'm going to give the comic book characters a break and say they've never stuck around long enough to realise that the dead become Walkers regardless of how they die but I wish someone would point out this little flaw in their great plan to kill all zombies. 

• Love 2