Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Strangers

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I knew that wasn't the last of the termites! Damn you Tyreese for not killing that guy! Maybe the group should've listened to Rick when he wanted to go back and finish off the rest of them. Poor Bob.

Michonne may not miss her sword, but I do.

• Love 5

The moral of this episode is if you're escaping from a community of cannibals that is being overrun by zombies, you make sure they're all fucking dead before leaving!

If The Termites are also The Hunters from the comics, then I hope they keep the ending.

I can't wait for Abraham to get bitten in the ass.  Figuratively, of course.  Too soon for literally yet.

And welcome to group, Rev. Herschel 2.0.

• Love 5

What in the hell was Carol doing out there a night working on the car? Was she planning to skip out on the group while no one was looking? If Darryl hadn't showed up I think she might've made a run for it.

That's what I thought. That it was too much for her. 

She really has taken Daryl's role from season 2.

• Love 1

Judith is my new favourite character. I don't even care for kids but she is damn adorable. 

I would never ever get into waist-high water full of zombies. There could have been a kid zombie under there who isn't tall enough to see above water, chomping on ankles. No thank you. 

Do we think Carol was running away because she ultimately does feel guilt over Karen and the girls? Or she's not over Rick kicking her out? I can't really understand where she's coming from. 

I can't even with Bob. I do think he's infected. No other reason why he was acting that way at the end before getting grabbed. 

• Love 15

I liked that Michonne mentioned Andrea and Hershel. It's nice to know that one of these people actually takes the time to remember lost family members. Maggie, I'm looking at you.

I like Michonne's attitude toward her katana. It's not a good idea to get too attached to anything in the ZA.

• Love 18

Chad Coleman says Ty thought the guy was dead.

Always double tap.

Yeah poor Bob was too happy before the food bank run; I'm with those who think he got bit under water.  

I can sort of see why they were so relaxed at the church; Father Gabriel survived for a long time there.  But yeah, should have finished off those Termites.  

Loved the Daryl/Carol team zooming off after Beth.  Yay road trip!

I got excited seeing the clean clothes at the food bank, was hoping they'd scoop up some of those.

Chandler Riggs' voice has gotten deeper, this is the first time I've noticed that.

Edited by raven
  • Love 8

Well Rick said they should go back and kill. The same Rick everyone blamed for leaving the governor alive.

I hope Bob was bit on the leg and they saved his life by eating it ... can I get mustard on my corn-bob?

• Love 12

What was up with Carol? I was worried that she was going to just take off and leave the rest of the group behind. Rick and the rest of the group are obviously happy to have her back. So why am I getting the sense that she doesn't feel like she's welcome or doesn't want to be there? 

• Love 6

Well that ending totally saved the episode. Wow. Eating Bob's leg right in front of him. Those people are legitimately fucked. Gareth is the best/worst villain we have seen yet on this show. I honestly won't mind if he's on the show for awhile. He is beyond creepy, brilliant actor. 

I hate to say it, but I'm glad it's Bob. Him and Sasha walking down the path like it's a high school hallway, pecking each other every 5 minutes - PASS. 

And really, half of those people deserve to be eaten anyway - for wandering around in the dark alone. Morons. And what was up with Bob crying in the woods before he was taken? My husband thought he got bit in the water, but we never got to find out.

I saw Chris Coy in the credits, so I knew Martin would be back. Tyrese, you had one job, damnit! Double tap. Have they never seen Zombieland?

Tyrese is the new Beth. 

And Bob might be the new peg-leg ala Hershel?

I think Gabriel's deal is that he locked out his flock, leaving them to die. 

But yea, other than the end, this episode was kind of lame. Maybe it was just a letdown after the brilliant opener? I don't know, the writing just felt off. I get that all these conversations had to happen, and I generally don't mind talk on this show. But it all felt so forced and unnatural to me - like filler. Meh. 

Ending made up for it, though. Spine chilling.

• Love 16

Ok if Father Gabriel was that close to Terminus I find it hard to believe he was unaware of their compund. I think he was somehow working with them to get new victims. Cos if Gareth and crew knew to case that church I think they were aware of it and figured it would be a good spot to hang around. And of course Father isn't talking cos he knows they will kill him.

• Love 10

I knew once that new black guy showed up we'd have to lose either Bob or Tyreese. I kid - but only sorta. 

Actually, Bob has lasted far longer than I thought he would. I hope all those Termite mofos are eating tainted meat. 

Bwah!  I was thinking the same about the replacement black guy. When Morgan joins them, Tyrese will likely be the one to go. I had a really bad feeling when we saw that Bob and Sacha were so happy. Never a good sign on this show.

• Love 3
The moral of this episode is if you're escaping from a community of cannibals that is being overrun by zombies, you make sure they're all fucking dead before leaving!

Seriously, they should have listened to Rick. What really sucks is that Bob agreed that all the Termites needed to die. Here I was hoping all the Termites had been exterminated. I find them more annoying than the Governor. At least the Governor didn't eat people.

This episode bummed me out. It's not fun when the bad people don't get killed flatter than dead. I don't think I'm going to enjoy an episode again until the Termites finally die, hopefully eaten alive by Walkers.

Him and Sasha walking down the path like it's a high school hallway, pecking each other every 5 minutes - PASS.

I thought she wasn't that interested at the end of last season, she and Maggie were glad they reunited with him, but she didn't seem too enthusiastic about kissing him.  I might be misremembering.  They get these little affectionate moments with them but hardly any with Glenn/Maggie, I guess they are over that since they're married now, heh.

I knew once that new black guy showed up we'd have to lose either Bob or Tyreese. I kid - but only sorta.

No I actually thought this too!!!  Does that mean if Morgan meets up with them we lose Tyreese??

Seriously, I would sorta be OK with not losing any more of the group for a while (assuming Bob is done for).  They've been through a lot and you would think they know enough about surviving now to not be so easily picked off.  This episode, apparently not, but I would like to see that.  Sigh.

Edited by raven
  • Love 2

Rick is a 13 year old trapped in a man's body, minus the sexuality or humor.

When there's a fight on, he fights, hard. But when another alpha male, who has the confidence to talk to him as a fellow alpha male, simply applies peer pressure to him, he tends to agree like a puppy dog. One of those new genetically engineered puppy dogs. That talk and agree to things. His gleeful response to Abraham was not an adult man's grim, serious thought-out decision about which extremely dangerous direction to travel through with his children. It was a second-banana alpha-wannabe latching himself on to the decisiveness of somebody who he thought was cool.

Afterwards, when Tara started to talk about being in the Governor's camp, there was actually a beautiful moment where I thought she was going to start warning people about cults of personality.

But then reality reminded me what show I was watching.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 6

One of the things that frustrate me about this show is that I hate the villains, and not in a good way. I am already over Gareth after that endless speech with bob. I hated the Governor and he lasted forever, I fear this guy will be a repeat of that. Augh. And here I was so glad Terminus was done for and hoped it would take a while for this asshole to show up again.

I think, like someone mentioned, that Gabriel's sin was that he left out his flock when they tried to take refuge at the church.

I'm surprised that Bob lasted this long, I thought he wouldn't make it past season 4A. I always got the sense that he was a redshirt. So I wasn't surprised by him getting fucked at the end of the episode, specially after he was in such a good mood throughout. I thought he had gotten bitten, too, I was surprised that they didn't reveal it. Let's hope those sickos get food poisoning.

I think Carol wanted to leave because she doesn't feel like she deserves forgiveness, she hasn't forgiven herself so she would rather go. I hope they do find Beth, I like her. She's cute.

• Love 4

I wonder what Bob was outside lurking and crying about? Was I the only one bothered by how blatantly obvious it was that something was going to happen to him?

After the schmoopy moments with Sasha and his Pollyanna-ish attitude during their little game and his chat with Rick, his demise was heavily telegraphed. I thought he'd be chomped by a walker though, not the merry gang of Termites.

• Love 3

I don't think I'm interested in Father Gabriel and whatever it is he's hiding.  I guess that's a plot device to lead to something else but we've already got a few hanging out there, like if Eugene has any clue at all on how to save the world and what happened to Beth and what's with Morgan showing up at the end of last episode.  Now we have the cannibals running around in the dark snatching people and maybe the guy they snatched has been bit and will that make a difference. And now Daryl and Carol have split off and are chasing after some car.   I guess we'll see where all this goes.

As others have said, I assume Carol was trying to leave and think it's because she's just not that comfortable in the group setting anymore.  I guess a part of her feels that she's better on her own, which maybe she's not wrong about that.   

• Love 2

But yea, other than the end, this episode was kind of lame. Maybe it was just a letdown after the brilliant opener? I don't know, the writing just felt off. I get that all these conversations had to happen, and I generally don't mind talk on this show. But it all felt so forced and unnatural to me - like filler. Meh. 

Ending made up for it, though. Spine chilling.

I agree that this episode was a let down after last week's outstanding premiere and that only the final scene saved it. I thought the group lacked a sense of urgency. If they were not going to go back and kill the Termites, then Rick should have been pushing them to get as far away as possible. Not stopping to have reconciliations and hang around the church. 

Chad Coleman says Ty thought the guy was dead.

I don't understand how that's possible. Being dead isn't even enough in the ZA - you have to destroy the brain, so unless Ty caved the dude's skull in, there is no excuse for thinking that the man was totally, fully, not-gonna-come-back dead...

• Love 8
I'm intensely curious about Mr Preacher Man. My madre thinks he has something to do with Beth. I think he probably turned people into the Terminus crew in turn for protection maybe?

We were thinking something completely different, but now my husband and I love this idea.

Do we think Carol was running away because she ultimately does feel guilt over Karen and the girls? Or she's not over Rick kicking her out? I can't really understand where she's coming from.

I think she feels awkward around Tyrese. And I also think that even though Rick has forgiven her and accepted it, so the rest of the group will as well, she might just worry that everyone will be judging her and doubting her.

• Love 2

You know when I heard that Terminus would be dealt with pretty quickly I assumed the whole storyline was a wrap S5 ep 1. Seems like the makeshift town and most of its inhabitants are gone but now the crew is gonna be hunted by Terminite stragglers for both revenge and food. I have a feeling that this season may start to remind me of The Road with Viggo Mortenson. Great movie but so relentlessly dark that it is not something that I could watch again.

Gareth already seems 100x more effective and frightening than the Governor. The Governor was a limp dick bad guy that I wanted off my screen. Gareth I already love to hate and it will be so delicious when he is taken out.

Given that all people are infected I do wonder about the Termites ingesting all that human flesh and whether eating Bob, whom I believe was bitten, will have any effect.

Yeah to another The Wire cast alum on the cast.

Damn you Tyreese for not making sure you finish off that fool. So pissed to see him chilling by the fire. Probably didn't even jack up his mouth that much as he seemed to be munching rather easily on kabob.

• Love 7

As happy as I was that Maggie forgave Tara, Maggie forgiving her so quickly makes me worry the story is over and Tara will die soon. I really, really, really like the Maggie/Glenn/Tara trio. I like that Maggie's dourness and Tara's awkward humor balance each other out, because Glenn has a part of both of these personality types. I need them to stay around for a while and continue to amuse me and make me care.

(and Alanna Masterson and Lauren Cohan had some crazy chemistry in that last scene tonight)

I'm so fucking tired of Abraham and his group. I've been giving Rosita a chance, but her eye-rolls at Gabriel tonight annoyed me. And Abraham's bloviating, which everyone seems to take like he's their father, is too much and needs to be kept in check. I also don't understand why he needs to look like Colonel Sanders with a beard dipped in blood.

How adorable was the scene where Judith was feeding Rick? Scenes like that are why I never say she's a waste and should be killed off. I watch the show wanting to see the occasional heartwarming moment.

• Love 7

So, Carver from The Wire has now shown up as Gabriel, a shady, somewhat unhinged priest?  Sure, why not?  Never can have too many actors from The Wire (especially since one of them is not looking so good...)  Now that Boardwalk Empire is wrapping up, they just need to get Michael Kenneth Williams to show up, as a badass who blasts walkers away with his handy shotgun.

Bob has officially become Hershel now, I guess.  Although, I also wonder if he was actually bitten, and that was why he was crying, plus asking for a final kiss from Sasha.  If so, I wonder if that will come into play with the leftover Terminus folks.  Either way, I had a feeling something bad was going to happen to him.  All that optimism and carefree attitude, was bound to come crashing down on him.  I really don't see a happy ending for him.

Abraham is clearly trying to worm himself into a leadership position over Rick.  Right now, Rick is just agreeing with him, but I wonder if a feud between the two is brewing between them.

I wonder if Carol was planning on making a run for it, with that extra car.  Everyone seems to be forgiving her for the most part, but I guess she hasn't forgiven herself yet or something.  Don't know.  If she goes though, I wonder if Darryl will try and go with her this time.

Wasn't sure what was going on with Tara, but I guess her admitting to Maggie that she was part of the Governor's gang makes sense.  Glad Maggie isn't holding it against her.

You fucked up, Tyreese!

Gareth is already showing himself to be a bigger creep then The Governor ever was.

• Love 5

His gleeful response to Abraham was not an adult man's grim, serious thought-out decision about which extremely dangerous direction to travel through with his children. It was a second-banana alpha-wannabe latching himself on to the decisiveness of somebody who he thought was cooler than himself.

He was also semi drunk, so I blame part of the giddiness on that. 

This was a very calm episode after last week, which I don't mind. They can't go at 160km/hr every week. They've been running for their lives for the last week, been nearly murdered twice in brutal ways in that time. They had conversations that needed to happen, which couldn't have really happened if they were running full tilt murdering everything. 

• Love 10

Rick is a 13 year old trapped in a man's body, minus the sexuality or humor.

When there's a fight on, he fights, hard. But when another alpha male, who has the confidence to talk to him as a fellow alpha male, simply applies peer pressure to him, he tends to agree like a puppy dog. 

I don't know how often Rick has done this. He rarely acquiesced to Shane, or The Governor. 

I felt like he agreed way too quickly here, but he was exhausted and probably a little drunk, and it felt like a plot point, so I will just try to wave it off for now.

Abraham is clearly trying to worm himself into a leadership position over Rick.  Right now, Rick is just agreeing with him, but I wonder if a feud between the two is brewing between them.

I also could see this happening. I feel like we're probably supposed to be torn. If so, that sucks, because I just can't feel anything for Abraham beyond wanting someone to dropkick him.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 5

Rick's the only person in the group with kids and he has two.  He has no choice but to think beyond survival and Abraham played that card.  Survival may be enough for Rick, but it isn't much of a future for Carl and Judith.

• Love 11

So, Carver from The Wire has now shown up as Gabriel, a shady, somewhat unhinged priest?  Sure, why not?  Never can have too many actors from The Wire (especially since one of them is not looking so good...)  Now that Boardwalk Empire is wrapping up, they just need to get Michael Kenneth Williams to show up, as a badass who blasts walkers away with his handy shotgun..

Yes! That's exactly what this apocalypse needs.

Omar Coming!

• Love 16

I don't know how often Rick has done this. He rarely acquiesced to Shane, or The Governor. 

I felt like he agreed way too quickly here, but he was exhausted and probably a little drunk, and it felt like a plot point, so I will just try to wave it off for now.

That's what I got out of it too.  After all the chit they'd been through, his kids and the people he considers family are still alive, I think part of him is relieved Carol's back and they've come to an understanding, full belly since who knows when...so sure Washington why not??  Need something to do besides wander around GA.

• Love 4
I really, really, really like the Maggie/Glenn/Tara trio. I like that Maggie's dourness and Tara's awkward humor balance each other out, because Glenn has a part of both of these personality types.

Plus, I just really want to see some strong female friendships on this show. I feel like we really only got that with Andrea and Michonne, and I freaking hated Andrea. I liked the connection between Maggie and Tara tonight and would like to see more of it.

• Love 10

I, for one, can not wait for the return of the musical montages set to Beth's angelic singing. Oh yes, it's coming.

I also agree that Carver, I mean Father Gabriel's, Cardinal sin was damning everyone to die outside.

I get giddy whenever actor's from The Wire show up on anything. I was really hoping Herc would be hiding in the church with him as they housed one big MFing stakeout. Sheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

• Love 5

So Father Gabriel was holding a pic of himself and a blonde woman. His lover who turned into a Walker, maybe? Maybe he has Beth tied up in the basement with those huge, out-dated glasses on, and in an outfit that the woman wore, and he's playing house with her.  I mean, Beth's gotta be there, right?

ETA: I know that the lady in the picture was one of the Walkers. I'm thinking she was once Father Gabriel's lover (while she was alive, of course) and now he's got Beth tied up somewhere, taking her place.  The camera spent a little too much time lingering on the photo for the plot to be dropped after one episode. 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 4

So Father Gabriel was holding a pic of himself and a blonde woman. His lover who turned into a Walker, maybe? Maybe he has Beth tied up in the basement with those huge, out-dated glasses on, and in an outfit that the woman wore, and he's playing house with her.  I mean, Beth's gotta be there, right?

I thought I saw that lady with glasses wandering around in the basement water as a zombie.

• Love 7