Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Strangers

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Ahhh! I see what you're doing there. You're not going to get me to bite.

Don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Little things I liked - Rick believing in Daryl's feeling without a question, tightening up the group as they were walking; Rick's expression after Father Gabriel threw up - hah!  

I also think Lizzie & Mika are on Carol's mind.  How do you really explain that to someone about that who hasn't been there?  In a recent span of time Carol has killed three people (Karen, David, Lizzie) who weren't pointing weapons at her; you can make all the arguments about why, but that affects her.  She may feel responsible for Mika also.

Regarding the Termite that Tyreese said he killed, I'm waiting to see how that plays out.  He was certainly beating the crap out of him.  Maybe because it's that I like Tyreese and I hate the fact that he might have lied to Carol; why would he?  Guy had his hands around Judith's neck and when they first came on him they heard him say he was going to bleed out the kid with that hat,  Point being guy deserved it.  Tyreese knows that Carol will get it done if he can't.  I'll be annoyed if he did lie about it, it is just OOC for the him and the circumstances, the same way I feel about Carol killing Karen and David.

Edited by raven
  • Love 4

After the roasting of Bob (no Hope), the only people I want to see survive are the Grimes family and Daryl. Anyone else meets an untimely demise, I am now immune. I just wish one of them was named Felicia so the funeral speech could be short and sweet!

I have no issue with them being a little careless at that church that night. They had been through complete hell and to have a place that was relatively safe, food and everyone you love and care about around calls for just a bit of a celebration. I would hate for every single minute of their lives to be spent worrying although it needs to be 90%

I also don't blame them for agreeing to go to Washington. I think the farm and the prison made them realize you cannot live out in the open with no walls or protection. They need some stability and right now Washington is their only option. I'm not sure how much rational thinking and analyzing you can afford to do once the world has ended. They cannot just hide/live in that church forever. Unless someone has another plan, Washington seems reasonable.

• Love 2

Ah, I must have lost part of the string of conversation there. Yes, I agree. His failure to do the necessary thing, even when it's hard, helped cost Bob his leg.

I disagree.  Gareth's gang would have caught and eaten Bob whether Martin was present or not.  Tyreese should have killed him, but leaving him alive did not affect Bob's fate.

• Love 8

In other news I wish Daryl would get his balls back soon.

I don't think he needs his balls back but I sure would like to see the return of the personality he acquired over several season.  Now that Carol's back, it's like he's regressing back to adolescence.  No way on earth that the Daryl Dixon of season 4 would have told Carol to hop in and NOT sent her back to tell the others where he had gone.  Carol's selfishness has rubbed off. 

I thought showing Bob's foot on the barbie was a mistake.  It's probably a page out of the comics but it didn't work in live action (in my opinon). The scene moved from the horror of Gareth taunting Bob WHILE EATING HIS FLESH to farce with the shot of an obviously fake leg burning on the fire.

I agree with all of those people who can't believe that the people who went on the run were just sitting there in THOSE CLOTHES.  Too much time and attention was spent thinking about making the zombies like really really gross without thinking about anything else.

I really liked Bob and thought he and Sasha were a nice change from Maggie and Glen.  I'm sad we're going to lose him but TWD can't have too many Black men on the show at the same time.

Speaking of Maggie, what the fuck is wrong with her?  I know the audience is happy forgetting Beth exists but her own fucking sister?  And why is the first mention of Hershel from someone other than his daughter?  Season isn't looking so good for some of my favourite characters.  Michonne is giggling like a school girl, talking about how much more fun she's having now.  You don't miss the time before, Michonne?  You don't miss your son? 

Thank god for Carl and Chandler Riggs.  Chandler gets better every damn episode and he was amazing here.  Carl appears to be the only one who's thinking clearly.  Judith is too busy flirting with Ty and making unwise travel plans.  And maybe Rick should spend less time threatening the cowardly priest and a little more time thinking that all that noise and light might be attracting some unwanted attention.

• Love 8
Regarding whether Tyreese knows people turn regardless of how they die, if he does know

of course he does, he was at the prison during the whole illness thing

maybe he had the same mindset Rick did when Rick said "let him turn"

why in the world would he do that? Tyreese just took out a pack of zeds with his bare hands in order to protect Judith, why would he then decide, "hey, Im going to let this one random bad guy turn into a walker to show him who's boss! That'll learn him!"

Edited by diebartdie
  • Love 3

I disagree.  Gareth's gang would have caught and eaten Bob whether Martin was present or not.  Tyreese should have killed him, but leaving him alive did not affect Bob's fate.

Maybe letting Martin live didn't directly cost Bob his leg (like I said it "helped") because letting him live strengthened the Termite group to track and attack CDB.

I think we'll get some details filled in next of what happened with the Termites prior to dining at Camp Dinner Bob.

I think we'll get some details filled in next of what happened with the Termites prior to dining at Camp Dinner Bob.

On that I do agree, Lulee.  I was not buying everyone's arguments here that Bob has some prior connection with the Termites, but I'm becoming swayed.

Rick doesn't get reamed for not killing those Termites "all the way" but Tyreese does?

I don't know why Rick would get reamed. He was the only one who appeared to want to finish the job. 

FTR, I don't hold what happened to Bob against Tyrese. I'm sure they would have gotten him with or without Martin. But it is annoying that he didn't "get the brain", because that should just be instinct by now - and it worries me that he might put them all at a greater risk going forward if he is that lax about killing. 

• Love 3

The place they went to for the canned food had racks of clean clothing. I can't imagine how we're supposed to believe they would keep those clothes on and not want to wash them. It's distracting!

I loved the little smile from Glenn at the quote about doing good and reaping the reward.

I didn't know Episcopalian priests could marry, so I don't get the big mystery with the woman in the photo. Rick said something like, "Yeah, you tell your sins to God," after he asked if Gabriel knew the woman. I don't get it.

And I agree, Gabriel is TOO clean. Where is he washing himself and his clothes? Did I miss this. Still, I'm not complaining. I spent half the episode wanting to wipe Carl's face with a washcloth. Can we stumble upon a waterfall with a stash of shampoo and body wash soon, please?

Edited by LilySilver
  • Love 1

She also parroted Daryl in this episode. When he asked if she was okay, she said - "Yup, gotta be". That's the exact same answer Daryl gave her when she asked if HE was okay, once the plague broke out at the prison. 

I caught that too. I was going to say something about it last night but I got too sleepy.

I too found the conversation between Garreth and Bob a bit odd. I couldn't figure out why he thought it was ironic that Bob was the one they captured. I thought maybe he meant it was ironic he captured one of the people who destroyed his home, but it seemed worded strangely. I like the speculation that Bob may have known them. I also like the thought that his weepy episode in the woods was more complex than it initially seemed (things are too good, or maybe he just wanted a drink). I notice earlier however, when Bob was walking through the church he seemed to be limping. I think the getting bit thing would be a bit too obvious though.

Whoever said this was a set up episode, I think that was dead on. Can't wait to find out what everything means!

• Love 1

But Rick mainly did it for the tactical advantage, just like when he let one of Joe's crew turn, there was no tactical advantage in Tyreese's situation AND it has been shown over and over Tyreese does not think that way. He is not a warrior.

• Love 3

Since it was an Episcapel Church the lady could of been his wife since Episcapel priests can marry. 

I don't know . . . she was a white lady, and it's Georgia. Wish I were kidding.

For dessert at the Bobaque, Gareth served a nice chocolate Bobka. (Oh God. I'm so sorry.)

I don't know why Rick would get reamed. He was the only one who appeared to want to finish the job. 

I wasn't talking about Rick wanting to go back and kill the remaining Termites. I was talking about the single act of Rick not giving those neck slicers head shots but instead letting them turn. He made the conscious decision not to kill those guys "all the way" because he wanted them to turn. I am not saying Rick should get reamed for it. What I am saying is IF Tyreese had the same mind set as Rick and thought "I killed him and I am going to let him turn", he shouldn't get flack either.

• Love 1

On watching the scene with Bob and Gareth a third time, I think it just goes to the characterization of Gareth as blaming others for his own evil.

Gareth practically brags about being devolved; he's permanently cracked.  At some point the Termites felt empowered about luring, killing and eating people, which is why they kept doing it.   

• Love 1

I don't feel like Bob knew them prior to them having him prisoner.  I think that's all the familiarity is, and the irony comment was that they were hunting anyone, and what a surprise to find their catch was their old former slaughter pig, Bob.  I don't believe for one single moment that Bob would have let his new friends go to Terminus if he had any inkling what was there.

• Love 9

Maybe letting Martin live didn't directly cost Bob his leg (like I said it "helped") because letting him live strengthened the Termite group to track and attack CDB.

Martin had a radio and they were all outside that little cabin making the plans for their next moves.  I'm assuming as soon as he could he got in contact with the other termites and followed them.  With all that was going on at Terminus they probably never would have found them.  They were walking for at least a day, right?  Gareth and Co. were at least shot, so I don't think they could have picked up and just found them.

Damn right it is Tyreese's fault.

• Love 4

I don't blame Tyreese in any way for what happened to Bob but coming from this PoV, would you lay any blame at Rick's feet if the walker he let turn instead of killing them "all the way" came back and bit someone in the group? I remember seeing the walker (with the long plastic apron) walking around and wondered if he'd come back to haunt them.

• Love 1

Respectfully, I wish you were, too. I've lived in Georgia my whole life, and now I live in a small town, and we have plenty of interracial couples and Episcopal Churches. As a whole, I do not believe that Georgia = Deliverance. Maybe you've had a different experience.

I I don't think the show has necessarily played into those types of stereotypes. /rant

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 6

I'm glad so many people in the group told Abraham they were going with whatever Rick decided.  I guess Abraham's big speech was supposed to be his 'call to arms' to convince them to go with his trio to Washington, D.C.  But all I could think was - will Rick or someone please press him and Eugene for more details!  Stop just accepting what they say as gospel.  But I like that Rick's decision - right or wrong - seemed based on Abraham's saying there would be food and shelter there, and not on the promise of some magical cure.  I don't think Rick's decision is necessarily wrong.  They can't just wander around in circles in the Atlanta area when there clearly are no more food sources anywhere here.  Going in a direction toward Washington, D.C., at least gives them a goal and some hope - however remote.  If they find a good spot on the way, I think Rick would stop there and not continue to Washington, D.C.  Still, after what happened at the CDC, Woodbury and Sanctuary, they need to be extremely cautious about another promised safe haven.  Please, show, kill off Rosita, Abraham and Eugene.  Don't touch any more originals.

I am still annoyed that NO ONE from Team Rick mentioned they had been to the CDC and been told "there is nothing left" and that it exploded. Why is no one saying anything to challenge Eugene and his bullshit story? Going to a military supply store to look the part, and playing a ton of Call of Duty pre-ZA does not make you some militarized genetic scientist. Also, has anyone ever seen a scientist with a mullet? Even one from TX? Also, mullets are not a military approved hairstyle. Just, no. Eugene is full of shit, end of story. I wouldn't be surprised if Abraham wasn't in on the scam....but the only reason is why? The only part of his idea that is remotely smart is getting out of the Atlanta area. There might be other better places to live outside of northern Georgia.

• Love 2

I'm with kj4ever here. Tyreese inexplicibly, idiotically left that guy alive. Ty KNEW Martin was still alive, KNEW Martin would not hesitate to kill Judith and everyone else if given a chance and yet TYREESE GAVE HIM THAT CHANCE. Tyreese is not the kind of person who is going to let someone turn for any reason, especially a non-tactical reason (which every time Rick lets anyone turn, it is tactical FIRST, vengence second). Tyreese was screaming "I WONT! I WONT! I WONT!" and he didn't and now Bob is paying the price and who knows how many others will as well.

• Love 2

It's not Tyreese's fault.  For being shot, Gareth looked pretty hale and hearty.  They knew Rick & co had buried something in the woods, could have found the unburied spot and followed from there.  Rick's group weren't trying to cover their tracks (which apparently Gareth's group were doing, since even Daryl could not track them).

I don't blame an act of omission for someone else's later action.  

This is similar to people being up in arms because ZOMG that poor hitchhiker by the side of the road! but if he had been picked up and raped or killed a couple of people it would have been ZOMG why did they pick up that guy!

Edited by raven
  • Love 2

Speaking of Maggie, what the fuck is wrong with her?  I know the audience is happy forgetting Beth exists but her own fucking sister?

Yes. This is bothering me so much. After the prison fell, she went to hell and high water to find Glenn and didn't care what Bob or Sasha had to say about it. Now, she's all set to go to DC after Daryl told her that Beth is still alive and out there somewhere and I just didn't feel any sense of urgency or concern from her about finding her sister. I get that the writers have a bunch of different storylines going on right now and an overloaded cast, so it's impossible to fit everything into a 45 minutes show. But they could've easily given one throwaway line to Maggie saying something about her sister.

I guess the writers just have other things in mind. They obviously want Maggie to stay glued to Glenn and it seems they're trying to build a relationship with her and Tara. Rick and co have much more impending matters to attend to at the moment with the termites and Abraham breathing down his neck about DC. I guess they want finding Beth to be up to Daryl (and now Carol).

Edited by kelnic86
  • Love 7
I didn't know Episcopalian priests could marry, so I don't get the big mystery with the woman in the photo. Rick said something like, "Yeah, you tell your sins to God," after he asked if Gabriel knew the woman. I don't get it.

Maybe Rick doesn't know that about Episcopalians either, and just saw a man in the priest garb and figured he shouldn't be getting to know women. 

I wasn't talking about Rick wanting to go back and kill the remaining Termites. I was talking about the single act of Rick not giving those neck slicers head shots but instead letting them turn. He made the conscious decision not to kill those guys "all the way" because he wanted them to turn. I am not saying Rick should get reamed for it. What I am saying is IF Tyreese had the same mind set as Rick and thought "I killed him and I am going to let him turn", he shouldn't get flack either.

Ooops, sorry! But, as someone mentioned upthread, it made more sense in Rick's case. Letting those butchers turn created more walkers to take down the Termites and destroy their home. Back there in the woods, it only served to make another walker that could come shambling after them unawares. 

• Love 1

coming from this PoV, would you lay any blame at Rick's feet if the walker he let turn instead of killing them "all the way" came back and bit someone in the group? I remember seeing the walker (with the long plastic apron) walking around and wondered if he'd come back to haunt them.

Here's the thing though. Any single zombie is either easily avoided or dispatched. Any single adult (especially one that has been activly hunting other human beings) is incredibly difficult to avoid or dispatch. So no, I don't have a problem with Rick allowing humans to turn for his tactical advantage.

I wish you were, too. I've lived in Georgia my whole life, and now I live in a small town, and we have plenty of interracial couples and Episcopal Churches. As a whole, I do not believe that Georgia = Deliverance.

I I don't think the show has necessarily played into those types of stereotypes. /rant

I live in Alabama--hey, neighbor!--and unfortunately, I still hear and see a lot of stigma attached to interracial relationships, though it's often done in whispers or coded language. I'm glad to hear it doesn't seem to be a problem at your church. BTW my comment was about the South in general, not Georgia specifically. I meant no offense.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 2

Damn right it is Tyreese's fault.

Yeah, I'm with you. I know it's a big part of this show's central premise but I am so over these people who refuse to do what needs to be done. When Tyrese told Rick, "Anything you need for [Judith] I'll do" I thought to myself, "Really? Because you seem to have a real problem with that." Then you've got Reverend Squirelly with his "God is the only protection I need" bullshit. That mindset drove me crazy with Herschel and it still drives me crazy. I can see why Carol was ready to take off on her own. Why put your life and well-being in the hands of people who refuse to accept reality? And don't get me started on the weapons-grade stupidity it takes to sign on to Abraham's fool's errand. These people need to be concentrating on finding a place they can make a home the way they did at the prison not trying to get to Washington based on some fairy tale of a cure told by someone who has shown absolutely no scientific acumen at all.

Go Carol. Take your badass self somewhere else where you won't get eaten because Tyrese couldn't do one simple thing.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 8

Yeah, I'm with you. I know it's a big part of this show's central premise but I am so over these people who refuse to do what needs to be done. When Tyrese told Rick, "Anything you need for her I'll do" I thought to myself, "Really? Because you seem to have a real problem with that." Then you've got Reverend Squirelly with his "God is the only protection I need" bullshit. That mindset drove me crazy with Herschel and it still drives me crazy. I can see why Carol was ready to take off on her own. Why put your life and well-being in the hands of people who refuse to accept reality? And don't get me started on the weapons-grade stupidity it takes to sign on to Abraham's fool's errand. These people need to be concentrating on finding a place they can make a home the way they did at the prison not trying to get to Washington based on some fairy tale of a cure told by someone who has shown absolutely no scientific acumen at all.

Go Carol. Take your badass self somewhere else where you won't get eaten because Tyrese couldn't do one simple thing.

THIS 10000000x. I can see that *maybe* Tyreese thought Martin was dead. Maybe he temporarily stopped breathing and was mistaken for dead so Tyreese was gonna let him turn. We don't know....but everything else, spot on.

• Love 1

I live in Alabama--hey, neighbor!--and unfortunately, I still hear and see a lot of stigma attached to interracial relationships, though it's often done in whispers or coded language. I'm glad to hear it doesn't seem to be a problem at your church. BTW my comment was about the South in general, not Georgia specifically. I meant no offense.

Well, I'm not Episcopal nor do I have an interracial pastoral couple (heh), but I attend church across the street from the Episcopal part at least. (I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once!) And I have seen that here, though.

I get what you're saying; there are always people that will whisper and joke about stereotypes; I just get sensitive because, well, we aren't Deliverance...and I guess Alabama gets characterized as such sometimes too. I'd guess there are people like that everywhere, you know?

I'm in SW Georgia, so relatively close neighbors!

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 1

I can see that *maybe* Tyreese thought Martin was dead. Maybe he temporarily stopped breathing and was mistaken for dead so Tyreese was gonna let him turn.

Im sorry but it still doesnt cut it with me because either Tyreese stopped just short of killing Martin (my pet theory) or he thought Martin died and just walked away leaving him to turn for no reason whatsoever.Idiotic.

• Love 2

Maybe Rick doesn't know that about Episcopalians either, and just saw a man in the priest garb and figured he shouldn't be getting to know women. 

I have a sneaking suspicion the producers are from the Northeast and just assumed that the Episcopal Church differs from the familiar-to-them Roman Catholic one only by lacking a Pope.

Respectfully, I wish you were, too. I've lived in Georgia my whole life, and now I live in a small town, and we have plenty of interracial couples and Episcopal Churches. As a whole, I do not believe that Georgia = Deliverance. Maybe you've had a different experience.

Except for Merle and T-Dogg on the roof.

Tyreese didnt need that lesson from Lizzie, he obviously knew well before that due to the illness in the prison.

Also, when we first meet Tyreese and Sasha in season 3, they're traveling with the cannon fodder family, the mother gets bitten (on the arm, and then starts limping), and Tyreese makes a point of hammering her head in himself once they get to the prison instead of letting Carl shoot her. I think it's safe to surmise that Tyreese knows.

Yes. This is bothering me so much. After the prison fell, she went to hell and high water to find Glenn and didn't care what Bob or Sasha had to say about it. Now, she's all set to go to DC after Daryl told her that Beth is still alive and out there somewhere and I just didn't feel any sense of urgency or concern from her about finding her sister. I get that the writers have a bunch of different storylines going on right now and an overloaded cast, so it's impossible to fit everything into a 45 minutes show. But they could've easily given one throwaway line to Maggie saying something about her sister.

It IS annoying, granted, and maybe it is just the writers wanting to push one storyline and relationship over the other, but I see the two situations as very different; in one case, Maggie is pretty much on her own, with only two people, and no purpose other than looking for the others. Pragmatically, she goes looking for the one that she knows made it out, because she saw him get in the bus (how he ended up off the bus, I never really understood). In this case, however, she is in a fricking huge group of people, Daryl told her Beth is still alive, her options are very limited: convince everyone in the group -and it is a lot of people- to look for Beth, without having a single clue of where she might be, split from the group, probably with Glenn and maybe Daryl, after Glenn has very clearly said to Abraham that they're not splitting up anymore, or just go with the group and hope that Beth is somehow ok by herself.

As a sister, I'd definitely try to get everyone to look for my brother; as a viewer, I'm kinda glad that they spared us another long-ass discussion where everyone has a point and yet they all end up looking like assholes.

So, I'm annoyed that Maggie seems to not give a crap about her sister, but I kinda see why that is.

• Love 2

Also, when we first meet Tyreese and Sasha in season 3, they're traveling with the cannon fodder family, the mother gets bitten (on the arm, and then starts limping), and Tyreese makes a point of hammering her head in himself once they get to the prison instead of letting Carl shoot her. I think it's safe to surmise that Tyreese knows.

Right the mother was bitten then hammered in the head. But that doesn't prove Tyreese knows that everyone is already infected and don't need to be bitten in order to turn.

Edited by GodsBeloved

Regarding whether Tyreese knows people turn regardless of how they die, if he does know maybe he had the same mindset Rick did when Rick said "let him turn".

Rick doesn't get reamed for not killing those Termites "all the way" but Tyreese does (keeping in mind that, according to Chad Coleman, Tyreese thought he killed Martin)?

But dying is a human thing, turning is not.  Letting a person turn - even one you've had to kill - is probably the biggest show of disrespect in this world.  Ensuring that a dead person stays a dead person and doesn't become a mindless zombie is actually the humane and caring thing to do. 

Rick letting the Termites turn is the ultimate "fuck you" to them.  He's saying that they are less than human and don't deserve the respect - and, based on their behavior, I don't really disagree.

Tyreese doesn't have the same feelings/motivation as Rick.  If he had killed the Termite and put a knife in his brain, he and Judith could have stayed in the relative safety of the cabin until Carol returned - either alone or with the group.  But he didn't.  And he's shown coming outside with Judith before even knowing the group was returning.  So, here are the options in the Tyreese vs. Termite situation:

• Tyreese thinks he killed him but fails to give the final coup de grace because he doesn't realize he'll turn - Tyreese is an idiot.
  • Tyreese thinks he killed him but fails to give the final coup de grace because he doesn't want to do any more violence.  Thereby putting Judith in additional danger should the Termite turn before he can leave or putting Carol in danger if she opens the cabin door after returning.  Tyreese is selfish.
  • Tyreese knows he didn't kill him, but he's beaten unconcscious.  Maybe Tyreese even tied him back up.  He was taking Judith outside because he was going to wait for Carol there.  Exposing Judith to danger from walkers and the Termite who may regain consciousness and escape to fight again.  Tyreese is selfish.
  • Tyreese knows he didn't kill him, but he's beaten unconcscious.  Maybe Tyreese even tied him back up.  He was taking Judith outside because he was going to try to find Carol and/or the group.  Exposing Judith to danger from walkers and the entire Termite compound.  Tyreese is selfish.
  • Tyreese knows he didn't kill him, but he's beaten unconcscious.  Maybe Tyreese even tied him back up.  He was taking Judith outside because he was going to leave with Judith and let Carol deal with whatever she finds at the cabin.  Exposing Judith to danger from walkers and keeping her from reuniting with her family.  Tyreese is selfish.

So, if Tyreese is an idiot, he's dangerous to the group.  Someone needs to have a "facts of life" talk with him.  But, I don't believe that's the case.  He's been around long enough and been through enough that he knows exactly what will happen to a dead body.  That leaves the option that he is behaving selfishly. 

If Tyreese is selfish, he's dangerous to the group.  If he is unwilling to do what needs to be done for the safety of himself and his traveling group, he is a liability.  It's one thing to not want to do it or not like to do it - I can totally sympathize with that stance.  But to refuse to do it places your group in danger.  And to lie about it, in order to keep your group from knowing about your weakness and/or to prevent them from taking care of the danger themselves, is cowardly.

ETA:  I know Rick's decision re: the Termites also had a tactical use, but the implied "fuck you" was also loud and clear.

Edited by cal
  • Love 6

I'm not sure whether Carol was getting ready to split or just keeping her options open on the chance she MIGHT need to split; either way, I don't think it's her playing the martyr, it's just that she's been through a hell of a lot, and most of it with a really small group of people. When something completely life-changing happens to you, and you're in the company of very few people (in her case, really, just Tyreese), it can be extremely overwhelming to be thrust back into a bigger group of people, even if you deeply love them. It feels like you've changed, and nobody really knows you anymore, except that one person you've shared the experience with. I get why she would feel stifled and uncomfortable, to the point of planning an escape, and it I don't think it makes her selfish or closed off.

this. i definitely agree that's a part of it with carol, and it's what i've somewhat thought in my head, but you said it so much better than i could. it is true, that when you're alone, or in small company, especially after a traumatic situation, being suddenly in the company of many people, even family, can be overwhelming and can make one feel alone.

• Love 3

CHEETOSANDCHOC, ON 20 OCT 2014 - 10:03 AM, SAID:

Since it was an Episcapel Church the lady could of been his wife since Episcapel priests can marry.

Being a white Georgian with an African-American son-in-law, a mixed-race grandbaby, an African-American nephew-in-law, two mixed race nephews, and a Columbian son-in-law who is also a Muslim, I take exception to your characterization.  Either you don't live in Georgia and get your information from the media, or you need to broaden your circle of acquaintances.  Tolerant Georgians are not only out there, but prolific.  

On to the episode, I also wonder about how clean and well-groomed Father Gabriel is.  My first impression of him leads me to believe that he is all eaten up with guilt as other posters have speculated for not saving his "flock," but I guess it's possible he's tied up with the Termites, the "cross on the car" folks or both. 

Either way, I'm kind of excited to see our gang get on the road.  Hopefully, the PTB wrap up the Terminus/church/cross on the car story lines fairly quickly so they can get a move on.  

Edited to add: Didn't realize the "Georgians aren't so bad" conversation had already been had upthread.

Edited by SHOgirl

Poor Bob. Oh, poor Bob... that was just awful and disgusting.

Put me in the camp of not blaming Tyreese one bit for what happened to Bob. Martin was just one more body there with Gareth--I counted at least four others, if not more, that Gareth had probably already rounded up from Terminus. Martin strikes me as much more of a follower than a leader, and he probably was able to fall in with the rest at some point. 

I just don't get why nobody else checked to make sure Martin was dead. You know, just open the door and peek in or something. Killing a single walker among 10-ish people would not have been hard to do. Or dispatching a still alive man who was a cannibal. Either way. Stupid.

I also don't see how leaving Martin still alive has any effect on Gareth. I fully believe Gareth is just as psycho with or without his fellow Termites. I am sure he'd turn on Martin and eat him in a second.

I wonder what the significance is to the slash on the tree where they knocked out Bob? They seemed to really zoom in on it.

Is it too much to hope that it's from Michonne's katana, and that she gets pissed when she sees the Termites with it and so very violently gets it back?

We know (the viewers and rick/gang) that the virus in in everyone because we went to the CDC back at the beginning and received that information from the guy whose name I can't remember.  Mullet and the Gang probably aren't privvy to that information, or the Termites for that matter.  So eating a possibly bitten Bob won't really matter to the cannibals, they might not know that.  Bob telling them he's infected could cause major chaos!  JMO

I do not enjoy Father Gabriel, and I do not trust him.  He has to be in cahoots with the Termites at some level, as others have stated up thread, because of the proximity to the compound and the fact that the black car people knew the church was there. 

Great season so far, is it Sunday yet?