Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

And show what?  Two single women shilling their MLM crap?  Grocery shopping and playing with the grandkids?  Sorry, I don't see a single story for either of them.  Nothing different to offer than my next door neighbor.

Let's be real, this mess continues to have an audience because of Kootie and his antics.  If he's gone, there is nothing to fire up the viewers.  He's subhuman but he's also the draw.

I have to agree, following Christine and Janelle around would be dry as dirt, I follow them both on instagram and it's basically a snorefest. 😴💤

I watch for the craziness and Kody brings the CRAZY!!  🤪

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Read an article online where Kody discusses that Christine leaving delegitimizes their fight to publicize polygamy as valid.

I’ve never thought polygamy or polyamory was a good thing.  However I don’t think Christine leaving is what is further damaging this family’s reputation. Kody is the one doing that 

• Like 3
  • Love 9

I have to agree, following Christine and Janelle around would be dry as dirt, I follow them both on instagram and it's basically a snorefest. 😴💤

I watch for the craziness and Kody brings the CRAZY!!  🤪

Before Christine left Kody, the show was on it's last gasp. There are only so many times you watch people wring their hands over Covid or have a home birth. 

Even now, I'm getting bored. It's the same thing every week with no change and no resolution. I give this show one more season at best. 

However, if you took Kody/Meri/Robyn out of the picture, you would notice how dysfunctional and ridiculous Christine and Janelle are on their own. They only get a good edit because Kody is so outrageous that it overshadows everything else.  

• Applause 3
  • Love 8

Had it not been for the catfish saga, I think the show would've ended - who wants to watch people pack and move 100 times?  And were it not for Christine leaving, the show might've ended because there were no storylines besides Kody's Covid-Nineteen Protoculls.  If Janelle leaves, they might get another season out of that.  Ironically, the OG 3 are the ones keeping this show on the air, and keeping money in Kody and Robyn's pockets.

Kody and Robyn on their own cannot carry this show, period.  Robyn might be too pretty to cook, but she's not too pretty to take a job flipping burgers to keep the lights on.  Actually...I might watch one season of those two narcissistic idiots scrambling to figure out how to afford their mansion mortgage knowing that the show is on its very last leg.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

It’s  just boring adults: Gone is the huge polygamous family which was interesting just because of that. Most of the kids have grown up and left, which completely changed the show too. Those 16 kids (before Ari and Sol were born) made the whole family thing dynamic. There always was something going on, whether good or bad, scripted or not. Most of the kids have now left and they no longer lead a polygamous life. We’re stuck with 5 adults with fairly average and boring lives that doesn’t make for good reality tv…..

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Actually this may be a minority opinion, but I'm finding the show far more interesting now than when it was focused on boring, forced family meetings about bogus jewelry businesses, and fake happy-happy-joy-joy family gatherings.  We are seeing the long expected culmination of what we all knew or hoped was inevitable all along unfolding before us.  I am experiencing second hand satisfaction in seeing Christine stick it to this misogynistic asshole and witnessing his little "kingdom" dissolve in front of him as he gets what he deserves for his neglect of the rest of the wives since marrying Robyn.  And I am finding that anything but boring.

And I have been hearing people pronounce the show dead and gone for years now and yet it still manages to reinvent itself and keep itself on the air.  I don't think this "family" has dissolved in terms of its business relationship because it looks like they're all on the same page about doing whatever they can to keep the ratings up enough to keep it on the air.  I always look at "Little People Big World" as an example.  I don't really watch it but every time I think it's long past due for it to have been put to bed it comes back with YET ANOTHER season.  Now it focuses on the next generation.  This show may not have a next generation of polygamists to follow, but it can still follow the wives even after they split from the family to see how they are managing if nothing else.  That might be good for at least another season.  After that, who knows?  

Yeah I am down to watch another wife leave this shitshow. I’m hoping for Janelle next. I’ve been waiting for this family to fall apart for years and now, predictably, it’s happening. And Meri led the charge. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Yeah I am down to watch another wife leave this shitshow. I’m hoping for Janelle next. I’ve been waiting for this family to fall apart for years and now, predictably, it’s happening. And Meri led the charge. 

Yup or if Kodouche gets over his rejection and decides taking another wife will keep the show on the air.  That would be hard to watch but I admit I would watch it.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yup or if Kodouche gets over his rejection and decides taking another wife will keep the show on the air.  That would be hard to watch but I admit I would watch it.

Christine has said she is not leaving the show, she just left Kody.  I think the same might be true if Janelle leaves, she will still be on the show because they all have kids together, even if most of them are grown.

11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Actually this may be a minority opinion, but I'm finding the show far more interesting now than when it was focused on boring, forced family meetings about bogus jewelry businesses, and fake happy-happy-joy-joy family gatherings

Agree.  This is what people wanted to see.  I will admit the first few seasons had me thinking it was working, but the longer the show went on the more I questioned it.  Now they are admitting to all the problems which the public already knew.

On 11/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, laurakaye said:

Had it not been for the catfish saga, I think the show would've ended - who wants to watch people pack and move 100 times?  And were it not for Christine leaving, the show might've ended because there were no storylines besides Kody's Covid-Nineteen Protoculls.  If Janelle leaves, they might get another season out of that.  Ironically, the OG 3 are the ones keeping this show on the air, and keeping money in Kody and Robyn's pockets.

I think they are telling them, you guys are really going to have to step up your game to keep this show on the air.  Even if all the 3 wives left, I want some honest dishing.  How they really felt about Robyn joining the family, what has really been happening.

On 11/4/2022 at 9:15 AM, Kellyee said:

They only get a good edit because Kody is so outrageous that it overshadows everything else.  

I think that is true with most of the polygamist families we have seen on TV.  Both Brady Williams and Joe Darger, have bold personalities, next to their mostly quiet wives.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

In the beginning I was curious about the family. As time went on I was rooting for them as they worked through Robyn coming on board. As Kody became intolerable to me, I was rooting for the wives to become friends and take a stand. 

When Christine left I was both surprised and happy for her. And now I'm curious to see where it all goes from here.

• Like 7
On 11/5/2022 at 5:15 AM, Yeah No said:

I'm finding the show far more interesting now than when it was focused on boring, forced family meetings about bogus jewelry businesses, and fake happy-happy-joy-joy family gatherings

In my humble opinion, nothing was more boring, forced and annoying than the Coyote Pass family gatherings or the Corona meetings we’ve been “entertained” with over the past few years.Those really drove me mad! 

But the talks with Christine and Kody this season are definitely interesting. Cringeworthy,  cruel and painful at times, but interesting. (I actually feel a bit guilty saying this now!)

• Like 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Christine has said she is not leaving the show, she just left Kody.  I think the same might be true if Janelle leaves, she will still be on the show because they all have kids together, even if most of them are grown.

14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

So next season will be what?  If Janelle and Christine are gone what will they film?  More angst over divvying up the Plains fo Plague?  More finger pointing as to whom is to blame?  More births?  Will they get together to film or just do a Zoom call to hash out more Covid protoculls? 

The well is dry, time to fill it in and move on.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When Christine left I was both surprised and happy for her. And now I'm curious to see where it all goes from here.

I really want to see a real in-depth interview where they honestly look at relationships and clips, have an actual discussion and back and forth,  and we can see the demise of the marriages. We all know it starts with Robyn joining the family, but to watch clips while they are sitting together on the couch would be fascinating. The tell-alls have not really done their job, and honestly on rewatch I skip them. Even last year the only tell all that was any good was part 3.  I think after 17 seasons invested in the show it would be nice to have an actual discussion. 

Honestly, I think enough of us on the boards could provide the clips for the show, it has all always been there but now rewatching the signs are all there.

I too find this season the most fascinating - a long time coming and overdue, but I am happy that Christine, and to some extent Janelle, are finally finding their voices and realizing the toxic relationship they have been in for so long. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

How true! EXCEPT I have been hoping for Robyn to leave, followed by Janelle. That would leave only Mary for Kody to go back to! (I know Robyn will never go, but let me have this one little fantasy while I adjust to the time change this weekend.)

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

How true! EXCEPT I have been hoping for Robyn to leave, followed by Janelle. That would leave only Mary for Kody to go back to! (I know Robyn will never go, but let me have this one little fantasy while I adjust to the time change this weekend.)

But that would deprive us all of our Robyn and Kody dream scenario!!
You know….. the  “they lived unhappily ever after in a dilapidated trailer” one??

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

I totally missed that this weekend is the time change! A friend on my diabetes board mentioned it otherwise I would have been so confused tomorrow!

I'm not so sure about Sobyn leaving. If the show is cancelled and the $$ stops, can Kootie support her in the manner she wants? Buh bye mansion hello a trailer (Janelles??) LOL! She has sought greener fields before, what's to stop her again?? I really believe the only people she really cares about are her children. And you betcha she will get child support for Kooties 2!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Didn't Robyn say last week that before she married Kody she had other chances but she chose to go the polygamous route with Kody?  I'm thinking sure you did Robyn. You had men lined up for you and your Victoria's Secret bills, hogwash!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

I watched Sunday episode on D+ and the preview for next week has Kootie ranting and raving about all the years he has wasted; it's like a knife in his kidney and shi!-LOL

Boo hoo, STFU kooky, if anyone has wasted years, its your wives.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, lilysmom said:

Yeah, I agree Robyn will never leave. She’s too lazy and dependent on Kody for EVERYTHING. 

• Like 6
  • Love 8
On 4/13/2020 at 9:47 PM, deirdra said:

If there is a 12th season, they'll probably spend the first three episodes on worries about the mortgage and moving into Robyn's huge house.  Not much actually happened in Season 11.

It feels like they have spent the first 3rd of every show this season showing what happened in the previous week’s episode. Very little content each week

• Like 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, xls said:

I watched Sunday episode on D+ and the preview for next week has Kootie ranting and raving about all the years he has wasted; it's like a knife in his kidney and shi!-LOL

Boo hoo, STFU kooky, if anyone has wasted years, its your wives.

I watched it too. And, WOW, at Robyn calling Christine a liar. Put your listening ears on, bish. She did not say what you thought she said. Christine handled that situation much better than I would have.

• Like 6
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, TipseyGirl said:

I watched it too. And, WOW, at Robyn calling Christine a liar. Put your listening ears on, bish. She did not say what you thought she said. Christine handled that situation much better than I would have.

Boy yeah - that is the closest Robyn has come to showing her true narcissistic self in this week's episode. I love that the real her is starting to show thru the cracks. 

• Like 2
  • Love 16

Not to defend Robyn, but Christine went on and on about the joys of polygamy for years. On camera. There were obvious issues, but I personally never thought Christine would leave, and I suspect she would have stayed if Kody agreed to move to Utah.

All this about how her kids have been treated is new, and reeks of justification for her move to Utah. Robyn is an asshole, but Christine is often full of shit with her rewrites of history.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

Robyn is either delusional or simply a lying bitch.  Gas lighting isn't going to work this time.

She’s both.  The catfishing happened in Vegas. So Meri was not happy. 
Kody and Meri’s divorce happened in Vegas.  Janelle was very unhappy about that as she felt it would change things. It did. 
Christine was very unhappy in Vegas  and thought her kids were not getting time with Kody.  All Robyn needs to do is watch the Vegas episodes 

I don’t know why Christine thought she needed to sit down for  the group meeting anyway. She didn’t owe anyone but Kody any explanation for her leaving.  Robyn, Meri and Kody didn’t tell   Christine and Janelle about Meri’s and Kody’s divorce and his legal marriage to Robyn until afterwards.  The conversation was filmed 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

All this about how her kids have been treated is new, and reeks of justification for her move to Utah. Robyn is an asshole, but Christine is often full of shit with her rewrites of history.

I don't think its necessarily new. I think its been a strong undercurrent.  But yes on camera she would usually come back around to "polygamy is great." And yes the pull to Utah is likely the single biggest factor in all of this. We saw how upset the grown kids were when their parents "left and went to Flagstaff."

Not sure why Christine is denying talking to the kids about being in a loveless marriage. For a very long time I thought Christine was actually being parented by Aspyn.  Which is why Aspyn moved in with Robyn for a short time - to distance herself. And now we hear about how entangled Christine was with Ysabel. No chance Christine just kept quiet for a decade and then one day the kids said "hey mom, why don't you leave dad." 

10 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

All Robyn needs to do is watch the Vegas episodes 

And that's why I don't buy that Kody and Robyn didn't know anything... Robyn saying "that's a lie" about Christine and Kody being unhappy was shocking. Even if she misunderstood the question - she's still invalidating their experience.

But this is also why I'm sure the kids were in constant conversation with these adults. The "favoritism" angle has been played up for years and is on all of social media too. Everyone knew it and they for sure all talked about it. All of them.

11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t know why Christine thought she needed to sit down for  the group meeting anyway.

At the end of the day, the scenes we see are scenes. Staged for our viewing "pleasure." 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I'd love to hear from Mykelti and Aspyn. They likely have the closest to the truth as they have lived in both Christine's and Robyn's homes.

Each one of the wives have tried to portray themselves with spin, well possibly not Meri.

Janelle wanted everyone to think she was a breadwinner and low maintenance, when really, IMO, she doesn't like raising kids or cleaning, so she worked (for a short time) and always wanted a small home.

Robyn wants everyone to think she watches out for everyone and is the peacemaker who is willing to talk through anything with anyone. (I'm laughing as I type this one) We all know she is none of the above.

Christine wanted/wants everyone to think she is the mama bear and sunshine and fun, when she doesn't like teenagers and was anything but fun when part of the family.

IMO, Meri has always been Meri - HBIC and head bitch when not in charge, but one, short of leaving with Sam, is still wanting this family.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

The way I see it is, polygamy is not good, no way, no how for anyone involved.

Cristine was a cheerleader for polygamy while at the same time showing us that she had problems with the way that Kody was behaving once Robyn joined the family.

Christine deciding to leave was a slow process over years. I believe that she was honest. It was a slow process out of indoctrination and into freedom.

I'm very happy for her. It took a very long time for her to finally follow her feelings and break free.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Not sure why Christine is denying talking to the kids about being in a loveless marriage. For a very long time I thought Christine was actually being parented by Aspyn.  Which is why Aspyn moved in with Robyn for a short time - to distance herself. And now we hear about how entangled Christine was with Ysabel. No chance Christine just kept quiet for a decade and then one day the kids said "hey mom, why don't you leave dad." 

Christine and Aspyn had a reversed mother-daughter relationship. Aspyn was pushed into the role of a supporting adult and her mother’s confidante at a young age to fill thr void Kody had left behind. A thing that happens a lot when a mother is struggling with emotional issues like depression. It happened to me and to this day, my mom tries to treat me as her bff and the one who can solve all her issues. It’s exhausting and not how it’s meant to be. Aspyn did well to move away and literally create some distance like I did.

And again I ask: Where was Douchebag? With Robyn probably, and very grateful that Logan and Aspyn took over all his responsibilities as husband and father…..

• Like 2
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Libby said:

The way I see it is, polygamy is not good, no way, no how for anyone involved.

Cristine was a cheerleader for polygamy while at the same time showing us that she had problems with the way that Kody was behaving once Robyn joined the family.

Christine deciding to leave was a slow process over years. I believe that she was honest. It was a slow process out of indoctrination and into freedom.

I'm very happy for her. It took a very long time for her to finally follow her feelings and break free.

I agree with you.  I think Christine was still cheerleading polygamy when she thought it might make Kody like her more.  When she finally accepted that this wasn't going to happen, there went her loyalty to polygamy., which just goes to show that so much of what she supposedly believed in about polygamy was tied to her feelings about Kody.  In other words she was really only into polygamy as long as he paid enough attention to her.  She wasn't willing to stick with him OR polygamy if she didn't get anything out of it, even if that's what he expected of his wives.  And who could blame her, really?  Those women were sold a line of crap in my opinion, and they bought into it because they were so dazzled by this bozo that they couldn't think straight.  But in the light of day now at least Christine has woken up to it.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
On 11/5/2022 at 3:15 PM, Cetacean said:

So next season will be what?  If Janelle and Christine are gone what will they film?  More angst over divvying up the Plains fo Plague?  More finger pointing as to whom is to blame?  More births?  Will they get together to film or just do a Zoom call to hash out more Covid protoculls? 

The well is dry, time to fill it in and move on.

I don't see Christine or even Janelle (should she leave which is possible but I doubt will happen any time soon) as "leaving" in the sense that the film crews can follow them wherever they go so it won't seem like they are "gone".  And it might actually be more interesting to the audience to see how Christine is doing in Utah reuniting with other members of the family, and how Truely is adapting to the change.  The audience still has a relationship with these women and their kids that has nothing to do with whether they're still "spiritually married" to Kody or living in the same town with him so I don't see the lack of those things as any obstacle to a future season with them in it.  It can at least provide more fodder for one more season.  After that, who knows?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'd love to hear from Mykelti and Aspyn. They likely have the closest to the truth as they have lived in both Christine's and Robyn's homes.

Each one of the wives have tried to portray themselves with spin, well possibly not Meri.

Janelle wanted everyone to think she was a breadwinner and low maintenance, when really, IMO, she doesn't like raising kids or cleaning, so she worked (for a short time) and always wanted a small home.

Robyn wants everyone to think she watches out for everyone and is the peacemaker who is willing to talk through anything with anyone. (I'm laughing as I type this one) We all know she is none of the above.

Christine wanted/wants everyone to think she is the mama bear and sunshine and fun, when she doesn't like teenagers and was anything but fun when part of the family.

IMO, Meri has always been Meri - HBIC and head bitch when not in charge, but one, short of leaving with Sam, is still wanting this family.

She only wants the family because her online love happened to be fake and she realises what she almost gave up.  She now wants a relationship with a man who doesn’t consider himself married to her and who has told her he’d be okay with her moving on. He’s basically got his boot on her butt but hasn’t physically pushed her out. He keeps hinting at her moving on and she’s not “getting” it.

I bet Meri wishes she had a Time Machine so she could go back and undo the damage she’s done and not bring Robyn in, maybe be more kind and not fall for a catfish. That’s the only way she will ever get what she truly wants. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

She only wants the family because her online love happened to be fake and she realises what she almost gave up.  She now wants a relationship with a man who doesn’t consider himself married to her and who has told her he’d be okay with her moving on. He’s basically got his boot on her butt but hasn’t physically pushed her out. He keeps hinting at her moving on and she’s not “getting” it.

I bet Meri wishes she had a Time Machine so she could go back and undo the damage she’s done and not bring Robyn in, maybe be more kind and not fall for a catfish. That’s the only way she will ever get what she truly wants. 

Unfortunately she married into the polygamous culture which places a high value on reproduction. She failed to reproduce. While that messed with her emotions, it also over time rendered her powerless. So much of her unraveling to me looks like a desperate battle to gain control - when she clearly had none. 

She should have life regrets but I fear she still sees herself as nothing more than victim in her own trap. And while she had a difficult hand delivered to her - she was for sure exacerbating the problems.

What's more sad - at the end of thirty years she has nothing to show for it. A public embarrassment. Shunned from the church. A failed marriage. Isolated from the entire family. And no power to try to reclaim or rebuild with any support.

She is alone as alone be. Christine and Janellle on the other hand - well at least they got the family at the end of the deal. Six children each is a nice safety net for them. Reproduction as it turns out - was very important. It's the source of power.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/6/2022 at 9:09 AM, Kellyee said:

Not to defend Robyn, but Christine went on and on about the joys of polygamy for years. On camera. There were obvious issues, but I personally never thought Christine would leave, and I suspect she would have stayed if Kody agreed to move to Utah.

Nah, I think Christine was saying anything that bolstered Kody's ramblings, because she wanted to continue spending the most time with him, but Robyn now needed his time. I remember episodes where Christine couldn't even say hello to him when he'd pop in, she was so angry.

She says it like it is, because it's her perception. Who wants marriage to someone who finds you unattractive and does not want intimacy?

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Straight shooter Gwen apparently has a Patreon, and a few leaks have come out.

She hates Robyn.

Also this gem about her father is...something.

She seems to be spilling quite a bit of tea over there and planning more...  That's the second Brown child  monetizing the drama. 

I am just curious, are the kids not under contract like the adults?

• Like 6

Maybe the long-awaited marriage of Leon and Audrey? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Chalby said:

Nah, I think Christine was saying anything that bolstered Kody's ramblings, because she wanted to continue spending the most time with him, but Robyn now needed his time. I remember episodes where Christine couldn't even say hello to him when he'd pop in, she was so angry.

But Christine never spent most of the time with Kody…she was the least favored wife and literally had to fight for every scrap of time…. She always came last, her kids always came last. And when Robyn entered the scene it got even worse.

• Sad 5
18 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Unfortunately she married into the polygamous culture which places a high value on reproduction. She failed to reproduce. While that messed with her emotions, it also over time rendered her powerless. So much of her unraveling to me looks like a desperate battle to gain control - when she clearly had none. 

She should have life regrets but I fear she still sees herself as nothing more than victim in her own trap. And while she had a difficult hand delivered to her - she was for sure exacerbating the problems.

What's more sad - at the end of thirty years she has nothing to show for it. A public embarrassment. Shunned from the church. A failed marriage. Isolated from the entire family. And no power to try to reclaim or rebuild with any support.

She is alone as alone be. Christine and Janellle on the other hand - well at least they got the family at the end of the deal. Six children each is a nice safety net for them. Reproduction as it turns out - was very important. It's the source of power.

I suspect this is why she’s “filing her cup” with making money and online bragging. That seems to be the one way Meri can feel better about herself. To me, that only makes her look more desperate and alone. 

• Like 5

Deleted my comments because after watching the video myself, I realized some things stated in this reddit post I was referencing, are wrong. Especially the comment about Paedon. Gwen didn't say that in the tik tok video. Sorry.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 7
On 11/6/2022 at 5:55 PM, LilyD said:

Christine and Aspyn had a reversed mother-daughter relationship. Aspyn was pushed into the role of a supporting adult and her mother’s confidante at a young age to fill thr void Kody

LilyD, yes times 1000. I do think that Christine recognized this. She said at some point that it was going to be good for Aspyn to be away from her. Hopefully they can revert back to a healthy mother-daughter relationship. 

• Love 6

Sad to read about Paedon Brown and his relationships with some of his siblings. Didn't Paedon join the mainstream Mormon church a few years ago? He always seemed like a bit of an outlier. Of course, as the only son in the shitshow of the marriage of Kody and Christine, maybe this all makes sense.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1