Type keyword(s) to search

Robert Garrison Brown - RIP

Message added by Mod-Tranquilizer,

This thread is for sharing condolences and honoring Robert Garrison Brown's memory.

Please don't post any speculation about the police investigation, who attended the funeral or other questions and comments about family members, such posts will be removed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

He was one of my favorites because he was so kindhearted and loved his rescue cats, this is a terrible day and my heart breaks for Gabe ❤️

IMG_7773.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Sad 22
  • Love 19

Apparently, it’s true.  It’s difficult to comprehend such a painful thing. The parents, siblings, ….the shock and loss in indescribable.  I never met Garrison, but I did watch him grow up on tv.  When you watch every episode for years, it’s like you get to know the family members.  It’ll take a while to process this.  

Condolences to the entire family.  The entire TLC viewer community will also be mourning such a tragic loss. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/garrison-brown-sister-wives-couple-janelle-kody-brown-dead-25-rcna141964#

• Like 12
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
57 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Honestly, after this, I don't see how the show can continue. The last 2 seasons were very ugly. Many things were said publicly that can't be taken back.  It had to be humiliating for the children to watch and add to that all of the public scrutiny and remarks. I hope for his sake that Kody and the boys did reestablish a relationship. This is a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I believe they’ve been filming, so it’ll be interesting to see how they handle this.  I agree that it feels wrong to continue, but TLC has milked everything out of this family, so who knows.

I also agree that after publicly trashing his sons, including Garrison, I don’t see how Kody can come back from that.  Not now.  Knowing how stubborn and narcissistic he is, I just don’t see him talking about this tragedy in any kind of remorseful way.  A tragedy like this can either bring a family closer together, or rip it apart.  With Kody already estranged from almost everybody, along with all the pre-existing bitterness, I think it might be the latter.  

I was devastated reading this news, and came here first to grieve with all of you.  We love to snark on the show and ass-hat Kody, but I think we’ve all been rooting for the kids, so this is heartbreaking. 

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 19
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh no! What a horrific tragedy ! My heart aches for the whole family, especially Janelle

ETA: Dear Lord, I just read that poor Gabe found him.

😭😭😭💔

Edited by jnymph
  • Sad 34
8 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

And if it was, indeed, a self inflicted gunshot wound, how will Kootie be able to continue to make money on weapons designed to kill as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time? Surely even someone as clueless, heartless, and narcissistic as Kootie would have to stop and takes stock of his life.

Good point, and I’m with you 💯%, but sadly, most gun owners double down on their gun-toting POV’s, even after incidents like this.

And Kody isn’t exactly a reflective, take-stock kind of guy.  I’m not optimistic.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Oh my God, how horrible. My heart breaks for Janelle and the others in the family.

I don't know how to feel about Kody and Robyn, though. Is that awful of me?

That poor child. Poor Gabe.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 6
  • Sad 16

The entire Brown family are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hurt for the Brown family.  I have watched this show since the beginning.  This is just so sad.  I’m praying for Janelle.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

He was one of my favorites because he was so kindhearted and loved his rescue cats, this is a terrible day and my heart breaks for Gabe ❤️

Same here, I am in total shock.  How awful for the family, for all of us.  I don't even know what to say, I feel like I've been punched in the gut.... 😢

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love 3

Such shocking news! My heart hurts for the whole family 💔 Especially Janelle and Gabe. 🙏🏼😭 It’s so hard to grasp this tragedy 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

The episode where Garrison, Gabe and Gwendolyn eat with Christine and Jenelle at Garrison’s new house.. he is so proud to have the home, he’s in school and he got a truck- he’s so happy.  Then the scene where he’s being interviewed and in tears, talking about how Kody chose Robyn, and he actually says, “it hurts.”  That whole episode is breaking my heart just thinking about it.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 44
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

So sad.  I think most about Janelle and second Mom, Christine.  May he rest in peace.

Janelle will never be the same. Nor Gabe.

Unfortunately, I kind of know from experience, though not exactly the same. And I didn't lose a child - that's a loss you never get over.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 3
  • Hugs 11
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don't think I've ever felt this bad for anyone I only know from a reality show ever.  Poor Janelle. 

I keep thinking about her big smile that will never be the same.

• Like 9
  • Sad 12
3 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

And if it was, indeed, a self inflicted gunshot wound, how will Kootie be able to continue to make money on weapons designed to kill as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time? Surely even someone as clueless, heartless, and narcissistic as Kootie would have to stop and takes stock of his life.

I am just gutted by this news.  Garrison was one of my favorites of the Brown kids, and certainly one of the best looking.  And sadly I don't have much hope for Kody getting his head out of his ass about anything even after this.  I fear that he's too narcissistic and too far gone.  I can only pray for that to happen.

Garrison had only posted proudly with his latest cat rescue on his Instagram 6 days ago.  I am not sure how someone that would do that would end up committing suicide only days later, but not a lot about anything makes much sense to me anymore so who knows?  I do know that no official statement has been made yet about the cause of his death.  Has anyone actually heard from a reliable source that it was from a gunshot wound?

• Like 9

Surviving sister wives podcast is delaying new episode drop .  
I am glad as a community we can support each other      I love you guys 

• Like 13
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 3

I think we all feel like we knew Garrison even though we only saw him on TV.  Our shock and sadness pales in comparison to what his family and friends are going through.  I saw the photo from his latest cat adoption..  It’s so hard to believe that the big smile of that day might have been replaced with despair a few days later. Despair that caused him to take this action(if indeed it was suicide). 

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

My most heartfelt sympathy for Janelle and the whole family in Garrison's passing.  I can't even imagine how Gabe feels and my heart just aches for him.  Bless them all.

I'm a big cat and dog lover, having adopted so many over the years.  These pets are little angels sent from heaven, and what a good heart he must've had to adopt three. 

This is so tragic...he was far too young.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 14

I’m still thinking about this tragedy today. And to think far too many families have suffered through this horror 😭this is but one instance. But like many here, I feel an affinity to this family because I’ve watched them grow up on TV. 

Can the mods please change the title of this thread? It seems disrespectful at this time. 🙏🏼😭

• Like 4
  • Love 10

This is beyond heartbreaking. Gabe finding him breaks my heart even more for their family. RIP Garrison. Can't even imagine what Jenelle, Christine, Meri, all the kids,  Kidney and Robin are going through.

• Like 10
  • Hugs 1

There is no pain greater than that of losing a child. My heart is breaking for Janelle, for Gabe and the rest of the family. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, General Days said:

My God, what a sad situation. (I keep tearing up, which seems ridiculous, but it is what it is.)

Me too.  We watched him grow up on television.

10 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

I was devastated reading this news, and came here first to grieve with all of you.  We love to snark on the show and ass-hat Kody, but I think we’ve all been rooting for the kids, so this is heartbreaking. 

The Brown kids are collectively amazing human beings.  It's so hard to think that what we have been watching on tv for "entertainment" is so completely at odds to the very real struggles the kids have and will go through.  We can never know.  I wish all of them eventual peace.

• Like 11
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

The torment and sadness that young man must have been feeling for him to resort to suicide.  It's truly heartbreaking.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, zenme said:

The torment and sadness that young man must have been feeling for him to resort to suicide.  It's truly heartbreaking.  

Yes, this is the first thing I thought of. The amount of pain he was in was literally unbearable. I had my own mental health struggles around his age and they were agonizing, but this would have been a whole other, much lower and darker level. I am so sad at the thought of his being in such terrible pain. 

My heart goes out to the whole family - and all of us here as well. When I think of the impact on Gabe my mind shuts down. And when I think of the impact on Truely as well. Of course it is devastating for the whole family, but of the kids, those two in particular stand out for reasons I'm sure everyone here understands. 

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 14

My heart goes out to the entire Brown family.  I am sorry for all of them. RIP Garrison.

If this isn’t a sign the show needs to end, I don’t know what is.  It’s time.

• Like 20

I feel the same as many of you, I’ve watched these people for so long that I’m heartbroken for what they’re going through. It’s devastating enough to lose a child, but suicide adds more layers of pain. I have no interest in seeing their pain on camera, that’s not something they need to share with the viewing public. The show needs to end. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, HoneyBeach said:

I understand Kody is his "father" and he can grieve all he needs to, but I also do not want to hear him talking about "my son" when he's been "Janelle's kid, son, boy" for so long.

Rest in Peace Garrison.

I just feel that his public pontificating has never yet made anything better and the potential for foot in mouth is so huge that it shouldn't be documented on tv for all time. For Kody's own good, if nothing else.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

I found myself going through the list of Brown kids, wondering how they're doing....Logan (surrogate dad), Aspyn (surrogate mom).  Maddie. Her little kids - how does she tell them?  Mykelti.  Savanah.  Hunter.  Paedon, Gwen, Ysabel, Leon, etc.  Most of all, Gabe.  All of them have had their own battles to fight.  Now, one of their tribe is gone.

• Sad 24
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Oh my God, how horrible. My heart breaks for Janelle and the others in the family.

I don't know how to feel about Kody and Robyn, though. Is that awful of me?

That poor child. Poor Gabe.

You are not wrong at all in your feelings about Kody and Robyn, I feel the same way.  We don't know the family personally,  but we have seen the children grow up on t.v. and we have seen how devastated they were due to Kody's abandonment and that makes it so much worse. Especially Garrison and Gabe. I have a son that is Gabe's age and it was so heartbreaking listening to them trying to be strong about not having Kody in their lives. It makes me very angry thinking about the way Kody and Robyn have treated all of the other children that don't live with them. There's alot of angry people that feel the same way. My heart breaks for Janelle, Christine and all of their children. This is every mother's/ family's worst nightmare. It's so heartbreaking that Gabe found him. 

• Like 14
  • Sad 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, dariafan said:

Surviving sister wives podcast is delaying new episode drop .  
I am glad as a community we can support each other      I love you guys 

So is The Sister Wives Professor, a podcast I recently discovered.  The podcasters are being very respectful by delaying their episodes and giving links to donate in Garrison's memory.  I downright cried listening to SSW's announcement this morning.  They sounded like I felt.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

😢 I had to come here to see if it was really true.   How heartbreaking for everyone in this family.  Everything has changed for them, especially Gabe.    I am in shock just like all of you.   RIP   💔

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Dobian said:

It's horrible and I hope this show ends and they never bring that tragedy to the screen.  Too much damage has been done.

I’m afraid this will be a season long storyline. TLC will milk this tragedy for ratings… Kody and wife R will participate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
  • Angry 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

You are not wrong at all in your feelings about Kody and Robyn, I feel the same way.  We don't know the family personally,  but we have seen the children grow up on t.v. and we have seen how devastated they were due to Kody's abandonment and that makes it so much worse. Especially Garrison and Gabe. I have a son that is Gabe's age and it was so heartbreaking listening to them trying to be strong about not having Kody in their lives. It makes me very angry thinking about the way Kody and Robyn have treated all of the other children that don't live with them. There's alot of angry people that feel the same way. My heart breaks for Janelle, Christine and all of their children. This is every mother's/ family's worst nightmare. It's so heartbreaking that Gabe found him. 

What a terrible loss but it is Gabe who is most in my thoughts. Garrison‘s pain is done. And it is tragic that it could not have been healed and removed in a different way. But Gabe, who always radiated pain about his father, must be hurting even worse. Maybe what saved Gabe was that he seemed to be able to express that pain  better than Garrison. So Garrison was consumed by it. 

Edited by Kid
  • Like 3
  • Sad 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

My gosh I am so upset about this. I read the news last night before bed and I had trouble sleeping. 

I'm just devastated for Janelle and all those kids. And poor sweet Gabe, who'll just never be the same.

I don't know if this will be something that shakes up Kody and sends him on a life-long path of making amends to his children, or further splits the family, but I do wish them all the peace that they can find

• Like 11
  • Love 6