Type keyword(s) to search

Robert Garrison Brown - RIP

Message added by Mod-Tranquilizer,

This thread is for sharing condolences and honoring Robert Garrison Brown's memory.

Please don't post any speculation about the police investigation, who attended the funeral or other questions and comments about family members, such posts will be removed.

• Start Topic

Truly tragic.  I've lost a very close family member in that way, and it's something I still have a hard time with, and it's been over 40 years.

My heart goes out to the entire family.  RIP, Garrison.

• Hugs 15
  • Sad 2
(edited)

Omg. This is heartbreaking. I, too, hope it’s not true. And if it is true and Gabe found him? That poor boy. Horrific.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Sad 9
13 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

TMZ is reporting Garrison has died. How awful.

Poor Janelle and family. RIP dear boy. 

Just saw that. How awful!  TMZ is saying suicide. I think I literally gasped out loud. 

• Sad 14

Just because they appear fine, doesn't mean that they are. Especially since we only see them on social media . Rest in peace, Garrison. Very heartbreaking. Gabriel is going to need help since he is the one who found his brother. Poor Janelle.

• Like 4
  • Sad 36
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4

Janelle has confirmed. 

Dammit, what kind of world do we live in that grieving parents have to make announcements on social media to satisfy the masses? 

• Sad 15

Oh my word. I just saw this on Reddit and rushed here, hoping someone would have debunked it. My God. That poor boy. My heart breaks for him and for his whole family. This knocked the wind out of me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 10
15 minutes ago, Sherrie said:

Just because they appear fine, doesn't mean that they are. Especially since we only see them on social media . Rest in peace, Garrison. Very heartbreaking. Gabriel is going to need help since he is the one who found his brother. Poor Janelle.

We never know what people are dealing with personally. This is devastating news. None of us has ever met this family, yet we are stunned and saddened by this news. Thanks TWoP'ers for your empathy. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 16
20 minutes ago, Sherrie said:

Yes he will.  

• Like 4
  • Hugs 4
  • Sad 11
  • Love 1

If you mean what was the cause of death, that has been confirmed.  If you mean the deeper "what happened", that is, the underlying reason, I doubt we strangers will ever know.  Nor are we entitled to.  

• Like 13
  • Useful 2

There are no words just I’m very sorry. He fostered kitties and that’s a kind soul to do that. He must have been so full of anguish. I’m so sorry. Their family will never be the same. Poor Janelle. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 11

Was just catching up on Instagram when I saw both Janelle and Meri had posted this.  I actually felt like I got kicked in the chest.  Just shocking and sad. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
7 minutes ago, Quof said:

If you mean what was the cause of death, that has been confirmed.  If you mean the deeper "what happened", that is, the underlying reason, I doubt we strangers will ever know.  Nor are we entitled to.  

I just read the article on People magazine about what happened. Very, very tragic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

I just saw this. How tragic. Poor Janelle, and his siblings. I lost a brother to suicide almost 11 years ago, so I understand how they are feeling. Except I had the benefit of not being in a fishbowl. 
He seemed like a gentle, kind soul. Rest in peace Garrison.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 21
  • Sad 5

How awful for Gabe; he has always seemed a sensitive soul and that kind of shock will never leave him.

So now comes the soul searching. Was it related to Kootie and his indifference/downright dislike of his sons?  Would it have happened if every piece of their lives had not been televised and rehashed on social media?  Will Janelle second guess herself about not leaving that sham of a marriage sooner than she did?  With a suicide there is always the need for something or someone to blame.

• Like 14
  • Sad 9
3 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

How awful for Gabe; he has always seemed a sensitive soul and that kind of shock will never leave him.

So now comes the soul searching. Was it related to Kootie and his indifference/downright dislike of his sons?  Would it have happened if every piece of their lives had not been televised and rehashed on social media?  Will Janelle second guess herself about not leaving that sham of a marriage sooner than she did?  With a suicide there is always the need for something or someone to blame.

Yes, the 'what-if's' can consume people. And it's just something that can never be fully known, even if some parts seem obvious.  Death is hard enough, but suicide brings a completely new level of anguish. At the very least, I hope it doesn't fracture the main part of the family that has remained together.  You are right people often need someone to blame, because anger is easier to handle than grief for some people. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh this is horrible, my heart breaks for Gabe.  From People:

Flagstaff Police Department confirmed to PEOPLE: "On 03/05/2024 Flagstaff Police officers responded to a report of a death inside a home." The FPD confirmed that Garrison's brother Gabriel, 22, "discovered Mr. Brown deceased" in an apparent suicide.

From DailyMail:

Garrison had an Instagram account under the handle @robertthebrown, with more than 67,000 followers.

His most recent post came on Friday, as he posed alongside a cat he had adopted, which was his third overall.

'Newest edition to my home, Ms Buttons,' Garrison said. 'She’s 9 years old and was on the line for euthanasia but my savior complex couldn’t suffice. #crazycatlady.'

He was a great guy.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 4
  • Sad 16
  • Love 8

So sorry to heat this shocking news!  RIP sweet Garrison! I do hope Gabe is able to get some counseling. To be the one to find his brother is heartbreaking.  

My condolences to all of the family. I hope somehow they can put aside all the differences and are able to join together and grieve together for the loss of this beautiful soul.

I also think donating to a shelter in his name is a lovely way to honor his memory.

• Like 4
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Auntie Freeze said:

I ran here as soon as I heard. Speechless. RIP Garrison.

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

My condolences. Poor Janelle 

1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

My heart breaks for all of them. How lonely Garrison must have felt. May his memory be eternal. 

Me too. How horrid for Janelle, I cannot imagine the pain she must feel. I know his other siblings are grieving deeply as well, but Gabe was such a sensitive soul and they were so close. I do hope they can find comfort in each other during this time. 

It’s an awful tragedy and while nothing can bring Garrison back, I do hope if anyone else out there is struggling they know they aren’t alone. And Kody doesn’t miss out on trying to make amends to his living children for all the wrong he has done. Tomorrow isnt promised. 

6 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

As someone  who lost a 31 year old son suddenly last year, I have a clue what Janelle is going through. My son’s death was due to a medical condition and I still feel like there should have been something we should have  done. I can’t imagine how one feels IF it’s due to suicide. I say IF because the article says apparent suicide not definite.

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I know when someone dies by suicide (if that’s what happened) loved ones often carry so much guilt- although of course it’s not their fault. I wouldn’t wish that pain on anyone. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 10