Type keyword(s) to search

S46.E03: Wackadoodles Win

• Start Topic

Post show discussion thread.

Several castaways have some explaining to do after a fake idol is played at tribal council; a castaway attempts to fall on the sword for their tribe’s loss in the immunity challenge; three castaways take a journey to compete for an advantage.

• Like 1

Several castaways have some explaining to do after a fake idol is played at tribal council; a castaway attempts to fall on the sword for their tribe’s loss in the immunity challenge; three castaways take a journey to compete for an advantage.

I just wanted to get the official description out there.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

The episode title and Hunter’s Survivor Storage Facility pretty much gave away two things that were going to occur in this episode.

Bhanu’s diarrhea of the mouth was hilarious.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, mojoween said:

The episode title and Hunter’s Survivor Storage Facility pretty much gave away two things that were going to occur in this episode.

Bhanu’s diarrhea of the mouth was hilarious.

I said in the live chat thread that if Hunter's Survivor Challenge Museum isn't enough of a sign that they need new challenge designs, then I don't know what is.  When he was describing the items he had it was pretty much from Probst's script how a challenge is run.

24 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I just wanted to get the official description out there.

Thank you!  I'll add this above.  

• Like 7

I’m over it.  The purple tribe lost again. The entire show has been focused on them since their first loss.  Just showing them over and over again.  I can’t take it, I deleted after they lost again. Same song, same verse.  I can’t root for any of them, they are all so unlikeable.  Show, let us know some of the others besides Venus.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Man, they can smell that rat all the way up on the International Space Station.

Countless times we've seen people medevaced and yet the vote goes on.

Yet here we have producers who realize Bhanu and Kenzie are characters—characters they can work with and provide good grist for the editing room. So they needed to save whoever was going home.

Unfortunately for Brandon? he was the sacrificial lamb. Putting on my tin foil hat, it almost seemed to me the doctor didn't believe what he was saying...he looked like a man with a gun to his head forced to make the call to pull him.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, and it's all legit, but it reeks of TPTB manipulation.

In other news Bhanu-fest was a bit much. As was too much time with Liz and Ben...my least favorite players. Ben feels like he's playing a character.

Puzzle filled room guy....I don' t know what to make of it. Its not against the rules but something about it just feels untoward in the advantage it gives him.

Kenzie accurately pegged Bhanu as a fan who thinks from the couch they can ace the game, but when they are actually on the island....

I feel like the medevaced guy should have been allowed to say goodbye in Venus in private and pass off the clue and the location of the buried box. Hey, if they'll let a guy who has the challenges in his backyard do that, I think passing off the stuff to Venus should have been allowed.

Edited to add: They should have paid the estate of Kenny Rogers a royalty for a few riffs of The Gambler for the Bhanu scene.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)

This overall episode was very meh, which is how I feel about the season so far.  I felt like last season had a much better pace for longer episodes, but this season is off to a slow start.  It doesn't help that one tribe can't seem to get it together in challenges, and I'll continue to say the 3 tribe format is not helping, along with the advantage with the disadvantage twists.  When you have someone like Bhanu, who may have very likely been walking into his last TC tonight, but has a chance to possibly pull off his own miracle by successfully playing his SITD, but then loses that chance because of losing his vote in an advantage.  Even the most predictable seasons of Survivor weren't this bad. 

I knew this episode was probably off to a bad start when the first 12 minutes focused on why Bhanu is not the type of superfan you want to cast, and then we got footage from the Siga camp that was labeled as 4 days old.  I was proud of Jem for finding the idol, and I hope Charlie saying he wouldn't tell anyone if he found it is foreshadowing to Jem actually keeping the secret to herself.

I was glad to get a break from Tevin on Nami.  I admit I got a laugh out of Hunter showing off his Survivor Challenge shrine at home, and then pulling an epic come-from-behind victory in the IC.  Of course he would be the one to do that.  I hope Venus manages to hang in there because she definitely sounded defeated after Randen left tonight.  Which I also find humorous, because she called him an ally when he originally was the one planting stuff about her being untrustworthy to Soda and calling her a liar.  But maybe there was more to that duo than we got to see.  If Randen left, I assume that means his advantage gets re-hidden?  Especially since he never actually got to the idol.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Still no separate reward challenge in a 90-minute episode. No thank you!

What did Randen say at the end? My TV cut off. Did we get a medical update, is he okay?

That was so awkward having everyone rejoice about his removal. Bhanu's god sure does have schadenfreude!

did see the preview for next week, though, and I guess

Spoiler

Bhanu goes and admits he spilled all on the "journey" because he really really really cannot learn and so all we've done is kick the can down the road one episode for the predictable one we almost got tonight!

• Like 5

I swear - if I’d been on Yanu I think I would’ve had to suggest putting a gag on Bhanu, if it weren’t for the fact that the next time he kicked on the waterworks he would’ve essentially waterboarded himself.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 13

This was a very boring episode. I wondered why tribal council hadn't started yet about 15 minutes until the episode was over, then a med-evac happens.

Felt bad for Bhanu, but his crying and carrying on was too much. I get he likes the experience of playing the game and wants to win a million hearts or whatever, but enough is enough. Get a grip. I wonder if Tiffany would have voted against Kenzie if Randen wasn't pulled from the game. We'll never know. 

• Like 10

Everybody keeps telling Bhanu to feel free to cry and express his emotions. Where’s Tom Hanks when you need him? “Are you crying? There’s no crying! There’s no crying in Survivor. There’s no crying in Survivor!!”

By the end of the episode I think my tv was soggy. I’m sorry that Random got evacuated because we have another week of Bhanu trying to win a million hearts. He hasn’t won mine, and from what I’m reading, he’s got a ways to go.

• Like 7
  • LOL 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Boy Q is tough on himself. 

Previously on Survivor: Q can't abide quitters. [Record scratch] Wait, what?

So the moral of this episode was if you whinge to god enough, a rival will  be struck down??

Edited by Fake Jan Brady
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Well, that was an episode. I don’t think the fix was in to save Bhanu or Kenzie, but I feel there should have been a TC even after Randan got booted. Q missed the platform one time, and another bag fell off. If Survivor deities exist, they did not want Vanu to win.

Watching Hunter show off his homemade puzzles, I was reminded of the folks from American Ninja Warrior that build their on courses. So, of course, he’d wind up winning the challenge for his tribe. Fuck it, give him the million bucks now. Creating stuff doesn’t guarantee victory, but it does put Hunter ahead of the curve. Also, most everyone is forgettable . . . so why not cut to the chase.

Bhanu had better make the jury, because he was given a gift. Even with Q scheming to oust Kenzie, Bhanu’s butt was toast. I feel for the guy, but I get how he can annoy other people. Unlike Cirie, I think he was better off on the couch. And I firmly believe Probst gets off on his suffering, if not merely that of Vanu.

I’m thinking there I’ll be a “drop your buffs” thing next week, and we’ll wind up with three tribes of five. There should be clauses for stuff like what happened with Randan. We could’ve gotten two tribes of seven, but Vanu had to slide off the hook. If any of them win, would we apply an asterisk to them?

• Like 6
40 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

What did Randen say at the end? My TV cut off. Did we get a medical update, is he okay?

He's good! 

That was a strange episode, and Bhanu saying that God was the reason he was spared from tribal really left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Hey, did you guys hear that Kenzie is part mermaid/part dragon? 

I was hoping Liz would select Moriah to go with her on the journey, and then maybe they return to each other's tribes and see if anyone would notice.

I swear last week's previews for tonight's episode showed something completely different that wasn't in this episode, but maybe I imagined that.

I hope this season picks up.

• Like 8
  • LOL 15
21 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Felt bad for Bhanu, but his crying and carrying on was too much.

My dog has bigger balls than Bhanu, and we had him fixed when he was a pup.

(The dog, not Bhanu)

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, me5671 said:

No tribal council?!  What an absolute load of crap. The Purple tribe lost the challenge.  It is completely unfair that their Tribal Council was cancelled as if that challenge had never occurred. It makes no sense at all and leaves a bad taste in my mouth as a viewer.

They've cancelled Tribal Council more often then not when someone is taken out for medical reason.  In fact it is rare when they still have a tribal council in those episodes.  The default has always been to cancel the tribal council.  So no biggie for me. 

Well except for the fact that Tiffany said near the end that Kenzie would have indeed been blindsided.  That was a bit of a surprise since we were left earlier thinking she wasn't going to flip.  So guess Q managed to convince her.

And when I say blindsided her that would only happen IF Q did not tell Bhanu that info before tribal so that Bhanu could blurt that out too before the vote.

The sooner Kenzie is gone the better for me.  I've disliked her from the first time she started plotting.  At least Bhanu spilled the beans on her so the other two tribes know she is trouble.

58 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

Ironically he was fine as it turned out.  But yeah it would have been a hard call not to take him out then find out he did have a bulging disc.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 7

While I firmly believe it's Bhanu's time to go, I also firmly believe Kenzie should be booted as well. She is so gleeful over Bhanu it's uncomfortable.

Plus, you let Bhanu know he's #23,345,678,888,665 in the alliance, you really shouldn't be surprised he spills everything.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

It is a little unseemly for Bhanu to basically be high-fiving about someone having a serious medical condition and for him to be crediting to God. I think the Big Guy has more important stuff to do than saving Bhanu's sorry ass.

Then again, I recently watched a bunch of the Blues Brothers, and maybe Bhanu's quest to win a million hearts is part of a mission from God.

'

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

3 episodes in and I have had zero fun.  No one for whom to root.  Weepy Bhanu is already bugging the ever-living hell out of me.

Gonna go back to watching S11 of the Australian Survivor; a much better show than S45 & thus far, S46, of U.S.

• Like 8
(edited)

Good Lord.  Bhanu is a lot, isn't he?  I thought that maybe he was getting it together when he told his tribe he pulled the white rock and got sent back to camp and has no idea what the other two had to do.  I thought that was brilliant strategy.  Then he boofed it by fessing to Q.

On the first episode, I thought Bhanu had such promise.  He fell fast.  Faster that anyone in Survivor history, really.

I felt sorry for Venus last week.  Then this week I can see she is a bit snotty and perhaps her isolation on the tribe isn't just mean girls being mean.

Randen's injury seemed to just come out of left field.  We never really saw how it happened, not did we even know he had issues.  Just suddenly Jeff and the  medic appeared in camp, talking about Randen's numb hand.  If it was something that happened on camera, like in a challenge or while foolishly rock climbing at the beach cliffs, we would have been subjected to endless slowmo loops of the injury happening like we had to see Joe Theismann's leg breaking over and over again.  It must have been something he mentioned at a med check one day that got the medic concerned.  I was worried it was an infection, he had that bandage on that wrist, and his hand seemed seemed swollen.  He'll be back, and hopefully not come back as a giant asshole as the last early out on a medical came back.

You know, we all laugh about Hunter....but if that hadn't all been a house full of obsessed Survivor super fan's recreation of challenges and puzzles, but a very different collection of a guy still hung up on his high school crush, we wouldn't think it was so funny.  The boy ain't right in his head.  His house wasn't anything but Survivor obsession.  He's single, right?

All that aside, Hunter made that challenge for his team.  He worked it, and hauled them all to the finish line.  He is actually a super fan who is walking the talk.  He caught fish.  Started fire.  He is more than faithfully recreated puzzles and backyard net slides.  How sweet that he uses Survivor challenges to engage with his students.  He's single, right?

Edited by HurricaneVal
I Rick-rolled myself
  • Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

How is everyone not as entertained by Crazy Eyes Bhanu as I am? 

Q, Tiff and Kenzie: "He was the worst person to pick for the adventure! He's going to spill everything!" ...cut to challenge site...  Bhanu: "Let me spill everything!"

Bhanu's paranoid ramblings: "Do they like me? How do I know if they like me? I think they're trying to trick me! I JUST WANT TO WIN HEARTS!" And what could top the bug-eyed, expressively pantomimed "Kenzie's a mermaid! With a BIIIG dragon tail!" Simply hilarious. (Later, when Bhanu was trying to convince Tiffany that Kenzie was sketchy, I shouted at the screen: "Tell her about the mermaid! DO THE DRAGON TAIL!" I may or may not have been pantomiming.) 

Q wants Bhanu to be Philip to his Boston Rob. No. Q, you're no Boston Rob. And Bhanu makes Philip look like a paragon of emotional stability. But Q was right about one thing, wackadoos do win Survivor, or at least get runner up. Tony and his spy shack? Coach? Philip? I rest my case.

• Like 9
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Randen's injury seemed to just come out of left field.

It sounded like he said he woke up like that, and there wasn’t an injury.

It amused me at the end when he was like “from now on, I’ll sleep on sand” like a bed is never again going to be an option.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I thought the whole emergency evacuation of Randon was sort of suspect. I know it’s tin foil hat territory but it seems like the producers were thrilled to have an excuse to keep Bhanu on the beach.  Randon’s injury was timely and maybe played up to seem more urgent than it was?  The guy deserves a new season, like the guy that came back last season.

Hunter’s story about being inspired to be a teacher was sweet but his house o’ puzzles is weird. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

The producers struck gold a couple of seasons ago when they cast Carolyn.  Her brand of crazy made for a uniquely entertaining character all season.  Bhanu is no Carolyn.

And after 90 minutes with no Tribal, some Rando goes home?  Zzzzzz.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I thought the whole emergency evacuation of Randon was sort of suspect. I know it’s tin foil hat territory but it seems like the producers were thrilled to have an excuse to keep Bhanu on the beach.  Randon’s injury was timely and maybe played up to seem more urgent than it was?  The guy deserves a new season, like the guy that came back last season.

I thought the same thing. They were desperate to save a major character in Bhanu and to a lesser extent Kenzie so this seems suspect as did the doctor when he returned the second time. Its like he was forced into looking like a bumbler misdiagnosing the first time to please the producers so they could pull someone and engineer saving someone on purple tribe.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

Well, that sucked lol.

The relationship between Randon and Venus was just about the only thing about this season I was interested in so I'm really bummed he had to go.

A lot of these people seem like they're in a Saturday Night Live sketch. It's half funny and half really annoying.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Randen's injury seemed to just come out of left field.  We never really saw how it happened, not did we even know he had issues.  Just suddenly Jeff and the  medic appeared in camp, talking about Randen's numb hand. 

There was a lot going on in the episode, so it could easily be missed. But Randen had complained about his right hand not working earlier, and was sitting around the camp with it looking (to me, anyway once it was raised) noticeably rather limp. He had a confessional about how he was going to likely have to skip the challenge and how much it sucked to not be able to contribute. If what we are left with was he pinched a nerve by sleeping in an awkward position, it seems like something that could have had such a quick onset. But it felt like to me we got as much backstory as there was/could be.

5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Q, Tiff and Kenzie: "He was the worst person to pick for the adventure! He's going to spill everything!" ...cut to challenge site...  Bhanu: "Let me spill everything!"

Bhanu's paranoid ramblings: "Do they like me? How do I know if they like me? I think they're trying to trick me! I JUST WANT TO WIN HEARTS!" And what could top the bug-eyed, expressively pantomimed "Kenzie's a mermaid! With a BIIIG dragon tail!" Simply hilarious. (Later, when Bhanu was trying to convince Tiffany that Kenzie was sketchy, I shouted at the screen: "Tell her about the mermaid! DO THE DRAGON TAIL!" I may or may not have been pantomiming.) 

Someone should explain to Bhanu that a mermaid with a dragon tail would be a half-woman with a dragon tail and not much mermaid at all. Unless we are envisioning 1/3 human, 1/3 fish and 1/3 dragon. He should have gone for a fantasy creature whose top half might seem pretty and harmless like a unicorn or fairy.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

As someone who has had neck surgery for stenosis (from a bulging disc), I was alarmed when Randen explained his symptoms initially.  They were way worse than anything I experienced.

When I was walking around with a disc problem in my neck before surgery, my doctors warned me not to fall or do anything that might result in any impact to my neck, since it could advance to paralysis from the neck down.

The first doctor who saw Randen probably specializes in emergency medicine or wilderness medicine, and was right to consult a neurosurgeon. With all the impact to their bodies in challenges, it was not a risk worth taking.

He probably just needed a steroid injection in the end.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4

I guess I have a different take on Randon's injury.  I thought they should have taken him out at the first medical visit as he had absolutely no feeling in his hand/arm.  Maybe it's because as I age I am more aware of the effects of strokes and even heart issues/attacks as I have more and more friends experiencing them.  I am glad that Randon was taken out as it could have been a very dangerous scenario.  I was glad that he told us at the end of the episode that he had recovered.

Unfortunately, I know far too many people who use tears and a 'poor pitiful me' persona to manipulate others into giving them what they want.  I don't know if Bhanu is trying to manipulate others or if he is really falling apart.  But, I get it-he is on the outs of his tribe and he just really, really, really wants people to like him.  I liked him in the first episode but, at this point, I think it would be a mercy elimination to vote him out.  Q is trying to think of ways to use Ghanu to his own advantage-but even though Boston Rob makes his Jedi-mind tricks look easy (i.e. Phillip and others who end up doing his bidding) it's not easy to do (oh, and to see the current version of Rob's mind-trick mastery, watch Deal or No Deal: Island).

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I felt so bad for Randen. I was very up and down on him in these few episodes, but he seems like a great guy and I think him and Venus would have provided some great opposition against Tevin/Hunter. 

Alas, we not only get minimal Randen, we get 300% more Bhanu, which is not a good thing.

Bhanu's a good character, he seems nice enough but he's definitely a terrible Survivor player.

For all that Jelinsky and Jess did wrong, they at least tried (somewhat). Bhanu spent the entire episode not just crying (I can handle the crying) but whining about his position while expecting someone else to solve his problem for him. I was ok with him breaking down to Liz/Ben, but that scene went on forever and he just showed how weak of a player he was. He had Ben and Liz spend the entire time comforting him and then he just gave them the entire tribe info.

The other issue is how performative Bhanu feels. A lot of them are doing this with the analogies, and it's no different than the mermaid/dragon analogy Bhanu made about Kenzie. So when he does that and then spends the entire journey whining to Ben and Liz about how bad his position was on his tribe, it did feel a bit manipulative. Bhanu seems to wear his heart on his sleeve so it was likely genuine, but part of it felt like he did that with them for a reason. 

But it's not going to help when Bhanu is voted out at some point, either pre-merge or right at merge. He can't be trusted as an ally. He's too reactive.

The cast is a complete trainwreck. Siga may be the only competent tribe, but that may be because they all seem to get along. 

I like Ben and Maria and will just enjoy the downfall of everyone else. I hope Ben/Maria make it far.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

He's single, right?

Judging from the interior shots of Hunter’s house, I think we could safely mark that as Confirmed.

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Don’t know about anyone else, but Bhanu’s bipolar flip-flops from shocking naïveté to uber-paranoia bother (and irritate) me more than a little; reminds me too much of some of the girls I dated back in college.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I mean, Bhanu whines at Kenzie about wanting to be involved in the plan and then when she asks him what he wants he whines some more.  She was rightfully annoyed with him.

I’m sure it cost a million dollars because, you know, Liz, but I covet her rainbow sweater very very much.

• Like 3

Oh. My. God. This was 90 minutes of Bhanu whining, crying and complaining. I have this awful feeling he's going to make it all the way to the end. I cannot imagine the show investing this much time in someone who gets voted out in the first few weeks. My luck, he probably wins. He'll be the new Yam Yam. 

Honestly, I'm just so sick of these people who say "I'm an outcast, I'm socially awkward, I don't fit in with other people" then decide to go on Survivor. Like yeah, that's the place for you. And of course the show just eats it right up. 

I took a break from this show for several seasons. I think I'm about ready to do it again.

• Like 13
16 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I have this awful feeling he's going to make it all the way to the end. I cannot imagine the show investing this much time in someone who gets voted out in the first few weeks. My luck, he probably wins. He'll be the new Yam Yam. 

I don't think he will. Yam Yam could be a lot but he seemed extremely well liked and he was good at the game. 

Everyone seems annoyed with Bhanu. He cannot win, even if he does get (dragged) to the end. 

• Like 4

I smell production manipulation. They knew they'd pull Randen out even before the challenge or at least after the challenge so they waited to create chaos sending three people to meet, see who wins the challenge, the aftermath of that and AFTER ALL THAT they decide to pull out Randen and save Bhanu and Yanu in general.

I mean, I'm happy for him because he is a true superfan, but I would be really angry if I had gone through all this to win immunity and then the losing tribe loses actually nothing.

I would want the tribal to happen.

Other than that, I like Bhanu and his story, I appreciate an emotional person with a good heart, but there was TOO much of him in this episode, and other players have gotten next to zero screen time.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I’m thinking there I’ll be a “drop your buffs” thing next week, and we’ll wind up with three tribes of five. There should be clauses for stuff like what happened with Randan. We could’ve gotten two tribes of seven, but Vanu had to slide off the hook. If any of them win, would we apply an asterisk to them?

That may be why they didn't have a TC - they needed to have 15 people for next week so they could change them to 3 teams of 5.  Challenges/rewards based on 3 teams of 5, may not work with 2 teams of 7.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

My favorite part was when Bhanu was saying that he can't lie, that he is not an actor.  His IMDb page tells a different story:

Bhanu Gopal, a skilled actor and dancer from Visakhapatnam, India, has made waves in the industry since moving to the United States in 2013. With a background in Indian Classical dance, Bhanu has showcased his talent on both the stage and on screen. Notable achievements include roles in award-winning films like, Shuffled (2022), Men In Blue (2022), Smack-man Resurrected (2023) and appearances in commercials, such as the memorable AAA Insurance commercial featuring Rick Astley. Bhanu's dedication and commitment to his craft makes him a rising star in the world of acting.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm14003069/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_0_nm_8_q_bhanu%20gopal

• Mind Blown 5
  • Angry 2
  • Useful 11
  • LOL 8
6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I wish I could find Bhanu funny, but he's got that hateful side that's a little bit scary.  He's like a mean, selfish child in a man's body.  Screaming in Jess's face one minute, sobbing over his poor little self the next, telling us about Kenzie's dragon tail like he really thought it was true and we just needed convincing? Now he thinks God gave someone a pinched nerve just to save Bhanu. 

No thanks on the heart winning from me, even Princess Diana turned me off when she said she wanted to be the Queen of hearts, I think Bhanu's crying, lying and eagerness to throw others under the bus is disgusting.

YES!  ^^this^^.  It's not him being  weepy/feeling sorry for himself/thinking he's god's chosen alone that bugs.  In total context, it's his quick trigger to crazed fury that makes me dislike him, not merely sideye him.  More Bhanu is the last thing I want.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I wish I could find Bhanu funny, but he's got that hateful side that's a little bit scary.  He's like a mean, selfish child in a man's body.  Screaming in Jess's face one minute, sobbing over his poor little self the next, telling us about Kenzie's dragon tail like he really thought it was true and we just needed convincing? Now he thinks God gave someone a pinched nerve just to save Bhanu. 

No thanks on the heart winning from me, even Princess Diana turned me off when she said she wanted to be the Queen of hearts, I think Bhanu's crying, lying and eagerness to throw others under the bus is disgusting.

Bhanu, if anything, reminds me of Brandon Hantz.  He would claim how much he wanted to be different from his Uncle Russell, but then exhibit similar behaviors that Russell showed his three seasons on the show, and then after doing so, he would melt down and feel sorry for himself for showing said behaviors, and clearly hoped that others would feel sorry for him, too (and next to nobody did).  Probably the most egregious being his rant at Mikayla for basically being so attractive, he felt tempted to cheat on his wife, to the point of bringing the poor woman to tears, yet expecting us to feel sorry for him instead.  (And worse yet, even the editors tried to make us feel sorry for him, but as I recall, no viewer anywhere was having it.)

It is scary how Bhanu took me back to that moment.

7 hours ago, mojoween said:

It amused me at the end when he was like “from now on, I’ll sleep on sand” like a bed is never again going to be an option.

I think that he meant if he ever is allowed to return, he'll sleep on the sand instead of the bamboo.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

The first time he was being examined by the MD I was thinking "why aren't they taking him for an MRI ASAP?" Since it was before the challenge, I was afraid it was going to save Bhanu, but I really did think it was essential. I was really surprised that the MD didn't take it more seriously. Even if it was Compartment Syndrome, that can cause permanent nerve damage.

Once the challenge was lost, I thought we had dodged a bullet and could still evict Bhanu. Then I felt betrayed when the miracle Bhanu had been begging for finally happened at the 11th hour. If the MD was going to procrastinate taking Randen out of the game, then he could have at least waited until after Tribal Council, so we still got to see Bhanu go.

Randen will definitely be back sleeping on the sand next season.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1