Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kyle is such a petty person. What a brat. “You didn’t even know Kathy that well! You just sway with the audience!” HA. Kyle is so pissed and bitter that ever since puppygate, she’s been on the losing end with the audience every year even when she thinks she’s the righteous side. THAT’S why LVP lives rent-free in her head. She’s so envious of her costars like LVP, Sutton, Garcelle, and yes even Kathy, who managed to win over the audience with ease.

Andy thought he was doing Not-quite-a-9 a favor by bringing out the sympathy card just ahead of her showdown with Crystal. Instead it was awkward and took the fight out of her. Interesting that she STILL can’t apologize or acknowledge that she straight up accused Crystal of bringing up the topic of Sutton having an eating disorder.

I was worried Crystal reading Door-it over the child bride comment would be left on the cutting room floor so I was pleasantly surprised, even if I think the main reason was Kyle’s allies in production wanting to paint Door-it in as poor a light as possible. Not that Door-it needs much help in looking bad: her “oh well, my bad I guess” response to the child bride comment was frustrating. Either she thinks Crystal deserved it for the uneducated and/or — probably worse in Door-it’s mind — the “everything’s fake” digs… or she doesn’t think racism or microaggressions apply towards Asians. And I’m pretty sure I heard Erika tell Door-it “I think that was a macro, not so much a microaggression.”

I don’t have an issue with how hard Garcelle and Crystal are coming at Door-it. Those bubble posts prove she’s not sorry for what she says, and that she, like her alliance mate Erika, believes herself to be the victim.

I think there needed to be third couch for Door-it (and toss not-quite-a-9 onto it as well). She’s on poor terms with everyone, and Erika looked miserable sitting between her and Kyle when it’s evident they’ll be arguing with each other the entire night. Oh well, couldn’t happen to a more deserving ice queen.

Edited by dmeets
  • Like 18
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1

IMO, both AM and Krystal lie and twist the truth. Krystal made it seem like AM said she was an anesthesiologist, but in her story tonight, she backtracked and said that AM said "most people don't know the difference between an anesthesiologist and nurse anesthetist." That's a LOT DIFFERENT than saying you are an anesthesiologist. And AM DEFINITELY strongly implied that Sutton's esophagus issue was from an eating disorder (not being small). 

I don't like Garcelle. She comes off as not very bright many times, and her kids are right-- she is a hater. They show her in her interview saying many times that Dorit just triggers her with her white privilege. Sorry, but that sounds like GARCELLE'S problem. If I trigger someone, that's their problem, not mine. Garcelle is being a really big bully and Dorit is not very "woke" but I also kind of like that she isn't scared to stand up for herself. The others seem to stay quiet or let Garcelle do what she wants because she's black and they are worried about looking racist. IMO.

Teddy started the horrible two strands of hair thing awhile back in her first season when she was a mess, and I guess Kyle is trying to support her now by sporting the look herself. Even though I hate it, it looks way better on Kyle than Teddy.

I like Dorit. I thought Erika looked the best, with Kyle close second. Krystal, for being so quiet, is pretty yappy. I hope Garcelle and Krystal leave next season. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

Who is getting the urine colored IV bag? It's dripping, so someone is partaking.

If it was a prominently placed Birkin IV bag, my guess would have been Kyle.

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 2
  • LOL 16
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I can understand that, in a way.  Speaking very honestly, as a white person of a certain age, I do try to make a conscious effort to be sensitive and knowledgeable about these things, but it is hard to keep up.

Same however I have had somethings said to me and I am astonished that those things are in the vernacular, most times I say nothing because confrontation with a stranger...no thanks. Garcelle tried to explain to Dorit why, how, what, etc...was offensive, Garcelle should know by now Dorit does not understand, Garcelle needs to realize it matters not what Dorit thinks or says, she is not mean just dense. Garcelle can go live her best life, dislike Dorit for none or every reason and stop trying to explain anything to her, you cannot argue with an idiot.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ww92 said:

Maybe she was in  a time crunch and it was off to Grandmother's house  she went as soon as they wrapped.

Maybe she is trying to get back in with LVP to hostess at her new restaurant Wolf.

• LOL 11

I thought Garcelles and Crystals dresses were the ugliest until I saw Dorit. She looked like an absolute idiot. 
I’m sick of Garcelle and her being offended about the word attack. She picked the easiest of the white women to go after. She’s mad about the two couples laughing it up at her sons expense and I don’t blame her, however,  she should take down Erika for speaking to her son the way she did. Or Mauricio when he said he was glad Erika said it. (of course then Mauricio would  apologize and say he’s also a person of color). Take down Kyle for being with a man who spoke like that about her son. It’s not that I like Dorit but she’ll always play the clueless innocent and then claim she wants to better her ways. 
Again I don’t care for Dorit but why does Crystal get to call her body fake when she would be outraged if anyone came for hers?  While she wasn’t a child bride there was an ick factor to their beginning. Of course there had to have been with PK and Dorit also.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Why didn’t anyone call out Dorit for her cultural appropriation with that ridiculous outfit?  She may have a mix of various DNA in her ancestry, but I don’t think there’s a high percentage of Indian in her chart. Maybe Dorit, the sole college graduate in the group (wtf?) earned her degree from the Taj Mahal Institute?  Her major was Fashion!Fashion!Fashion! With a minor in Affected Accents. 

None of the outfits were really great.  AM, Crystal and Sutton landed on the best of the Meh list.  Didn’t like the hair much either.  

AM is not as repulsive as the most repulsive One-Timer ever, Diana.  AM is just dull. She doesn’t have enough of a story or personality to carry off a segment, never mind a season of this show.  She should be proud of her accomplishments as a nurse, and there is no need for embellishing or amping up her career to allude that she is a doctor.  Most nurses, whether in the OR, ER or on the floor of a hospital, are the ones who do the heavy lifting in medical care.  They are the people who observe patients more frequently, and can catch when something is ‘not quite right’ compared to manyo doctors.  I’ve had doctors just peek in from the hall, and never really interact with me.

Erica looks more and more like a caricature of an aging, D-list wanna be/never-was.  Her make up is just soooo severe.  She has a perpetual sneer.  I will not watch her BS documentary or special episode of her train wreck Vegas show.  I can’t stand her, but Andy loves her, so ErICKa is here to stay.

• Like 14
  • Applause 5
1 minute ago, BusyOctober said:

AM is not as repulsive as the most repulsive One-Timer ever, Diana.  AM is just dull. She doesn’t have enough of a story or personality to carry off a segment, never mind a season of this show.  She should be proud of her accomplishments as a nurse, and there is no need for embellishing or amping up her career to allude that she is a doctor.  Most nurses, whether in the OR, ER or on the floor of a hospital, are the ones who do the heavy lifting in medical care.  They are the people who observe patients more frequently, and can catch when something is ‘not quite right’ compared to manyo doctors.  I’ve had doctors just peek in from the hall, and never really interact with me.

You know what is sad is that AM could have had a storyline.  She mentioned somewhere I think the After Show that she was adopted and her bio mother made a stipulation she could never contact the bio mom and she did an Ancestry thing and found an aunt and she reached out and they blocked her.  Combine that with her mother dying had THAT been her storyline vs esophogate I think we ALL would have seen her in a different light.

That is someone that I think many people would lean in to learn more about.  It also could be why she constantly was stuck on "silly" arguments and why some of her reactions were off the charts.

At this point I think Dorit and AM are the ones that could be gone however Dorit to me is the one with the biggest issue as the only person with any relationship with her is Erika. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Dorit,

I know a lot of people with college degrees who are uneducated outside of what they went to school for.

And Crystal did not say uneducated--she said not highly educated

• Like 20
  • Useful 1

It appears that the exhausting trend of trashy cleavage is done. (For example, Garcelle's talking heads usually feature grossly displayed oversized balloons.) I guess Crystal didn't get the memo.

RHOB-Season-13-Reunion-Looks.thumb.jpg.45501571a28ca3d986099ed8648bb2a9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

That’s so wrong! An Anesthesiologist is a doctor. An Anesthetist is a CRNA who works under the direction of the doctor. 

Ha!  As an exec legal assistant to the SVP General Counsel to a HUGE medical center...I just put an order for new business cards.  "TV Diva Queen, SVP General Counsel/Huge Medical Center".  I mean I have caught typos in so many agreements (I don't type them, lol)  

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

I secretly hope that someone asks Kyle if she ever plans on getting a real tattoo. I know how "That Guy" that sounds (and I would never say a thing like that to a regular person) but her "I'm a tattooed person" thing is annoying. Tattoos are expensive (good ones are, at least) and she's wealthy -- come on, do it up!

Random: Is there a story behind "Door-It"? I get "Dorito," I guess (it was actually an autocorrect for mr once, haha!), but I don't understand "Door-It." 

OK, thank you, carry on! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

She should be proud of her accomplishments as a nurse, and there is no need for embellishing or amping up her career to allude that she is a doctor.  Most nurses, whether in the OR, ER or on the floor of a hospital, are the ones who do the heavy lifting in medical care.  They are the people who observe patients more frequently, and can catch when something is ‘not quite right’ compared to manyo doctors.  I’ve had doctors just peek in from the hall

Amen. Nurses work their butts off and don’t get paid nearly what they’re worth. Just have a baby and you’ll see for yourself, constant attention from a team of nurses for days. Doctor comes in for the last few minutes. Don’t think I even saw his face. 

AM’s need to upsell her credentials and supreme defensiveness when called out “There you go-Downplaying my profession!!”  Speaks more to her belief that doctors are above nurses, not anyone else’s. No one was implying that at all. Just that she’s a liar. And she is. 

I still believe Crystal said all that about the ladies though. She was really full of herself when she first got on the show. “I know-these are big words.” 

Kyle has gotten very full of herself as well, after the weight loss and exercising.  She’s so high school with her digs at Dorit.  She drops friends as soon as they’re of no use to her. This sudden Erika love? Is it because she got her own show?  Is Kyle going to be on it? I won’t watch to find out.  And Her body looks great, but she still doesn’t know how to dress it. She went from Mumus to everything too short, too tight, and too shiny. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

My initial reaction was to skip the reunion. I should have listened to my gut. It was not particularly interesting or insightful. Oh well. If I had, I’d have missed Dorit serving fashion fashion fashion. 

Kyle frustrated and irritated the heck out of me. She’s trying to use the Scandoval playbook AND she can’t get LVP out of her brain and mouth. Lady, take a cue from Frozen and let it go

I’m still not an enormous fan of Crystal, but I’m glad the “child bride” comment was revisited. “12-year-old child bride” was such a wrong-headed comment on so many levels. Crystal was 24—not a child! And Dorit’s snark about being successful didn’t land, either. Did she literally learn that day about Crystal’s coconut water business? I find that hard to believe. 

Most of the rest felt like a rehash, a bunch of deflection and rehashing, or a mix of all of that. 

• Like 12

At the beginning of the first reunion episode, Kyle was so insistent that her and Dorit weren't that close, and then by the end of the first hour she was so insistent that her and Dorit were so much closer when discussing her sister.  Which is it Kyle?  She's awful.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

I usually like Garcelle, but she is really being ridiculous on this issue with Dorit.  You are not allowed to say a black person is 'attacking' you?  She knows damn well Dorit was not using that word to portray her and minimize her as an 'angry black woman' stereotype.  She meant to say that Garcelle was attacking her with verbal digs or jabs.  To try to paint Dorit as racist because of that is patently ridiculous.

but this 'woke' trend making it to where any conceivable word uttered that has NOTHING to do with race can be used to brand you as insensitive and racist is getting to be ridiculous.  It is quite obvious to anyone who watched those scenes there was nothing about race going on in those conversations.  I feel all this business will only serve to push people apart. 

I don't know. I think that Garcelle has said that she doesn't think that Dorit is a flat-out blatant racist. And if I were inadvertently saying something that carried other connotations, I would want to stop it.*

"Attack" was the wrong word; for one thing, Garcelle's words and attitude were not attack-level and, for another, it was a cringe-worthy choice based on this "woke trend." Basically, the hyperbole was sending the message that Garcelle was being unduly aggressive for having an opinion/feeling. Is it that different than other words that we would not use in this situation (not going to use them here).

Personally, I think that people trying to understand, learn, and be better should not be referred to as a "trend." That kind of sounds like something people -- not you, necessarily -- say when they want to diminish the idea of growth so they can keep doing something socially harmful.

*For instance, we used to say "gay" when I was little as an insult, with nothing to do with homosexuality. It was so weird, but it was a thing! I admit that, at times, it for some reason pops into my brain as an exasperated exclamation -- "This is, like, soooo gay!" -- but I would not say that, even though I "don't mean it that way."

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 13
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Kyle must be drinking Kool-Aid or listening to the wrong people. Her need to constantly knock on LVP is embarrassing - for her. LVP helms Bravo's #1 show and the biggest reality water cooler moment since the table flip. 

Vanderpump Rules was also nominated for an EMMY...

And RHOBH?  Has not...

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, abc123 said:

there are vast differences in the training required and duties and responsibilities - hence the difference in pay.

Case in point: a family member went in for a surgery with general anesthesia. When his BP crashed unexpectedly, it was the anesthesiologist (MD) who saved his life. (Not the surgeon. Not the RN. Not the nurse anesthetist. Although they all were a fabulous team.)

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
54 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Amen. Nurses work their butts off and don’t get paid nearly what they’re worth. Just have a baby and you’ll see for yourself, constant attention from a team of nurses for days. Doctor comes in for the last few minutes. Don’t think I even saw his face. 

AM’s need to upsell her credentials and supreme defensiveness when called out “There you go-Downplaying my profession!!”  Speaks more to her belief that doctors are above nurses, not anyone else’s. No one was implying that at all. Just that she’s a liar. And she is. 

I still believe Crystal said all that about the ladies though. She was really full of herself when she first got on the show. “I know-these are big words.” 

Kyle has gotten very full of herself as well, after the weight loss and exercising.  She’s so high school with her digs at Dorit.  She drops friends as soon as they’re of no use to her. This sudden Erika love? Is it because she got her own show?  Is Kyle going to be on it? I won’t watch to find out.  And Her body looks great, but she still doesn’t know how to dress it. She went from Mumus to everything too short, too tight, and too shiny. 

I think Erika's "show" is a one episode deal...just a little shorter than her Residency

• Fire 1
  • LOL 16
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Showing my age here. I couldn't stop thinking about that nursery rhyme from way back in the day:  "There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead and when she was good she was very good and when she was bad she was horrid." 

I thought of the same exact nursery rhyme, especially because it really fits with Dorit, too!!  

I thought she looked absolutely ridiculous!  

• Like 9
10 hours ago, dmeets said:

Andy thought he was doing Not-quite-a-9 a favor by bringing out the sympathy card just ahead of her showdown with Crystal.

I was shocked that he did that, and it was a clear ploy to garner sympathy for her from the audience. I really really hope that does not mean they want to bring her back next year. It also set up a situation where the other women would be afraid to confront her.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I don't know. I think that Garcelle has said that she doesn't think that Dorit is a flat-out blatant racist. And if I were inadvertently saying something that carried other connotations, I would want to stop it.*

"Attack" was the wrong word; for one thing, Garcelle's words and attitude were not attack-level and, for another, it was a cringe-worthy choice based on this "woke trend." Basically, the hyperbole was sending the message that Garcelle was being unduly aggressive for having an opinion/feeling. Is it that different than other words that we would not use in this situation (not going to use them here).

Personally, I think that people trying to understand, learn, and be better should not be referred to as a "trend." That kind of sounds like something people -- not you, necessarily -- say when they want to diminish the idea of growth so they can keep doing something socially harmful.

*For instance, we used to say "gay" when I was little as an insult, with nothing to do with homosexuality. It was so weird, but it was a thing! I admit that, at times, it for some reason pops into my brain as an exasperated exclamation -- "This is, like, soooo gay!" -- but I would not say that, even though I "don't mean it that way."

As I have said a zillion times, Dorit uses that word only with Garcelle and has done it more than once. The other women have used it with each other, but not her. 

I so wish the Marco Marco news had come out before the reunion.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

thought Garcelles and Crystals dresses were the ugliest until I saw Dorit. She looked like an absolute idiot. 
I’m sick of Garcelle and her being offended about the word attack. She picked the easiest of the white women to go after. She’s mad about the two couples laughing it up at her sons expense and I don’t blame her, however,  she should take down Erika for speaking to her son the way she did.

Absolutely correct. And where it is her anger towards Kyle, who initiated the laughter about what Erica said to Garcelle’s son. (In the clip with Dorit and their husbands)

• Like 5
(edited)

She picked the easiest of the white women to go after.

Yikes. She didn't "go after" a white woman; she addressed something that a woman, who happens to be white, accused her of doing. The fact that she was annoyed is not proof of an attack. But we shouldn't need to have to spell this out.

(Just for perspective, I don't love Garcelle while hating Dorit. I find that both are OK in some ways, annoying in others, eg, Garcelle's ogling of men just makes me feel embarrassed, and I also think Dorit is sometimes pretty funny.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 13
  • Applause 4
57 minutes ago, Mar said:

I must have missed this. What did she say?

It seems that at Bravocon, LVP met Crystal and asked her what show she's on.  Crystal replied RHoBH, to which LVP replied 'oh is Kyle still on that?'  Kyle and Andy thought it was hilarious.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I have not read any comments yet.  Here are my thoughts:

AnneMarie looked pretty and I felt for her re her mom.  Still don't like her.  Not cut out for reality tv.

Dorit doesn't know what culture she is appropriating but there she is!  I would say she IS uneducated as Crystal said.  Uneducated on the way things are today in the world.  I am ok keeping her without Kyle and on the outs with the new force to be reckoned with, Garcelle/Crystal/Sutton. 

Erika, gross and cut her slimy ass.  Classless, tasteless and no empathy.  

Garcell/Crystal/Sutton looked great.  If we are going to have kids in the story, how about more Porter and less Umansky kids?  They've got their own show.

Kyle 'HOW ABOUT THAT' Umansky.  GOD what a horrid person.  Sure Jan, there weren't fights in your house.  How many times has Mo/Mau heard that phrase?  I know we have heard it before.  Mo, go with the wind.  Run far and wide.  I have a feeling Morgan might be not far behind you.  I was trying to read Farrah's face to see what she thinks about all of this.  

• Like 10
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
29 minutes ago, Mar said:

Absolutely correct. And where it is her anger towards Kyle, who initiated the laughter about what Erica said to Garcelle’s son. (In the clip with Dorit and their husbands)

Dorit was the one who got all offended and "that was a year ago" when Garcelle brought up not trusting the women (sans Sutton) around her children. As I recall, no one else questioned that.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

Dorito was on the verge of tears after Andy's yawn at her tough two years. Yep, girl, you're an unlikable bore whose time is (hopefully) done on this show.

I don't know whose shoulder pads are worse. Vyle's big lumpy football style or those hard-ons protruding up to Erika's ears.

8.5 also appears to be the size of the strappy sandles AM stuffed her size 11 wide feet into. 

• LOL 15
16 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I think Garcelle just doesn’t like Dorito, plain and simple. 

Straycat80 wins the internet understatement award! 

13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don’t know ANYone who wants Kyle to drop a split and do the helicopter with her ponytail.

C'mon now... Morgan asks her to do that everyday... 

Dorit: Fashion, fashion, fashion

TVFanatic: Ugly, ugly, ugly

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 6
14 hours ago, Ss55 said:

How about Kyle putting Dorit on blast snickering that “she doesn’t work out…had to stop and sit on the concrete…”

fuck off Kyle. I watched earlier episodes today from a few years ago and if I had to choose between Tequila Kyle or Workout Kyle to hang out with, I’d choose the former. So stop being so impressed with yourself. 

THIS.  So because Kyle started exercising, she can look down her rhinoplastied nose at anyone who doesn't?   Bitch, please.  At least Dorito's not getting matchy-matchy tattoos with a country "artist" and playing coy with everyone.  

The show really should have shown the clips of Annemarie and Kyle snarking on Sutton's esophagus.  As I recall, while Kyle may or may not have contributed to the eating disorder convo, I'm fairly certain she insinuated that because she'd never heard of Sutton having an esophageal disorder, it didn't exist.  

I love Garcelle but girl, please let this "attack" thing go.  If that word triggers you, say so and then move forward.  I don't think Dorito is aware enough to be intentionally harming you.  

Honestly, do any of these ladies like each other besides Sutton and Garcelle?

I couldn't tell if Erika was uncomfortable or secretly delighted at Dorito and Kyle going for each other.  

Kyle, you may think Dorito is stupid but we, the viewers are not. You haven't spoken to Dorito for months and then you send her a novella text the day before the reunion but it's not manipulative?  Sure. 

I wish the ladies (or is it "ladies") would stop talking over each other.  It's rude and when they do it, we can't fully hear what anyone is saying so the point becomes moot.  Andy really does a shit job at keeping them under control.  

Sutton was the best dressed IMO.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Random: Is there a story behind "Door-It"? I get "Dorito," I guess (it was actually an autocorrect for mr once, haha!), but I don't understand "Door-It." 

A few years ago (I want to say it was 2020 while everyone was stuck at home) Bravo tried a thing where they aired re-runs of the previous week's episode with commentary by a couple of Bravolebrities. Sometimes it would be two women from the show, but sometimes it'd be someone random. One week they showed a BH repeat and one of the commentators was a NYC housewife, I want to say it was Dorinda. It was amusing because she clearly didn't know who at least half the cast was. Every time she referred to Dorit, she pronounced her name as "DOOR-it" instead of "Dor-EET." It cracked me up because it was clearly something that would get on Dorit's nerves. And sure enough, the following season Kyle jokingly yelled something like "hurry up, DOOR-it!" and Dorit seethed "that's NOT my name!" So I personally enjoy referring to her as Door-it because I know it gets on her nerves, as much as she's gotten on my nerves ever since her first season.

I much enjoyed the bashing she got last night, even though I did feel a tiny bit bad for her when Kyle was mean-girling her. Now I just need them to replay the footage proving that Crystal was being 100% accurate about Doorit mentioning on camera that for all she knows, Sutton may be carrying liquor around in her purse. Since she managed to successfully gaslight Crystal about it at Taco Tuesday prior to leaving the party in shame once Garcelle went in for the kill.

I see Crystal's biggest weakness on the show as she does very poorly defending herself when she's on the hot seat, La Quinta last year being the biggest example. Some of it may be the blowback she got two years in a row over "violate" and "dark" (only one of which she deserved the flak IMO). She could have made a convincing argument that Annemarie was making up Crystal bringing up "uneducated" randomly at a dinner party upon first meeting, since AM clearly has been keeping tabs on Crystal by bringing up "dark" from a season she had no part in. Given AM's track record with warping things (eating disorder was said with Crystal present, therefore Crystal brought it up... I work with anesthesia, therefore I am medically qualified to speak ad nauseum about someone's esophagus), it would have been quite believable that AM was using an interview clip Crystal did 2-3 years ago and pretending it was something Crystal had gossiped to her personally about.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1