Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)
50 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m guessing the word attack didn’t trigger her as much as she says but it was an opportunity to put Dorit in her place and hint that she is racist and call her a Karen. I don’t think Dorit was trying to use a stereotype against Garcelle  

I do not disagree with any of this. Obviously, we can't 100% know, so, really, who cares what I think, but I do have some (possibly misdirected) skepticism about how much of Garcelle's ire is escalated just because it's Dorit or because she needs/wants a story (or simply because these are housewives, and housewives are gonna housewife with whatever they've got). I also believe that Dorit is more ignorant* than she is overtly racist. Regardless, though, none of this makes Garcelle's point less valid or Dorit's word choice less problematic (I hate using that word -- it just gets on my nerves. But I couldn't get my brain to settle on a synonym). 

*"Ignorant" meaning unaware as opposed to plain dumb -- basically the premise behind the concept of being "privileged." (And no one come telling me that Garcelle also is privileged, as money and beauty and fame and possessions are not what "privileged" is connoting in this instance).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, hottesthw said:

But in HW world that’s not ever considered an “attack”. They simply fight with each other, or yell at one another and they all say they were “attacked”. So Dorit was correct there. And where Garcelle loses credibility with me, is she knows this. She was interrupting Dorit during that convo with Sutton, she wouldn’t let Dorit finish her thought, and when Dorit finally pointed out that it was Garcelle who actually started this convo about Sutton kissing her driver, Garcelle turned it into some horrible crime against her. Hence Dorit feeling attacked . Because for all intents and purposes, she WAS attacked by Garcelle. AND it pissed me off during that scene that Sutton didn’t tell Garcelle to back off because she was making the entire thing way more aggressive than it needed to be. 

Its obvious Garcelle doesn’t like many of these women for many reasons, but if she wants to stay, she’s gotta drop the poor victim act and claim her role as the shit stirrer she is and keep it moving. 

Garcelle butted in to defend her friend because Dorit was absolutely trying to embarrass Sutton about kissing the driver in front of a group of Crystal's friends they don't know at all or know that well. When Garcelle, Sutton, and Erika were discussing it, it was a lighthearted moment. Dorit was trying to be salacious. And she was not fucking attacked.

• Like 12
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think Garcelle still holds onto the anger from her son being verbally attacked by Erika and then laughed at by Mauricio, Kyle PK and Dorit.  She let it go with Erika and somewhat with Kyle but took it out on Dorit. I’m guessing the word attack didn’t trigger her as much as she says but it was an opportunity to put Dorit in her place and hint that she is racist and call her a Karen. I don’t think Dorit was trying to use a stereotype against Garcelle  This doesn’t mean she’s the wide eyed innocent she pretends to be. I think she was an easier target for Garcelle. Also Dorit is not one that can receive anything the slightest bit critical. She’d rather defend herself and dig a hole while doing it. 

Dorit being that late and holding up the reunion for one of the ugliest looks ever is crazy. I’m surprised the others didn’t go off about that.

She didn't take anything out on Dorit. Dorit was the only ass to go all defensive and butt hurt during that trust conversation instead of just fucking saying I'm sorry or keeping her mouth shut like the others. Instead, she took something that hurt Garcelle and tried to make it all about her.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Dorit is the only one that said and I quote and I will continue to quote because it was a vile thing to say AND it was after the whole laughing thing where she had time to think about how wrong it was in a completely separate sit down interview 

“But hey it’s not my child”

you would NEVER come back from that IRL .. no parent would ever forgive or even feel comfortable having their child around that person .. that is NOT your friend ..

then being told to get over it ..are you kidding me?

kyle would NEVEr speak to a person who did that ever she would drag this out every chance she got 

Dorit herself would have clutched the pearls so hard and screamed about HOW dare you …and would have rallied all the girls to get you off the show 

Garcelle Has  every right to hold onto this ..these woman  trying to act like she just doesn't like  them for no reason and is just holding a grudge and should “let it go”  is disingenuous at the least …

these woman don’t care about her or the children they scream about leaving out of it point blank period ..

if they did they wouldn’t be so dismissive of her feelings towards that and she shouldn’t be told to have to mask and pretend to want to be friends with Dorit when she has shown no kinda real remorse for saying it and again doubled down and told her it’s been a year get over it …. 

Dorit was wrong for that. Still, Erika started the whole mess by telling Garcelles son off for no reason other than she was a drunken pig at the party.  Dorits an easier target and it’s a chance for Garcelle to make Dorit out to be a racist Karen all the well laughing it up with Erika who disrespected her son in such a shitty way. Yes she was harder on Erika than the others but she still let it out to Erika that Sutton made out with her driver.  Erika said what Garcelle wanted to hear to hear at Taco Tuesday but she is still scared of Erika and shame on her for letting her get away with talking to her son the way she did.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Dorit was wrong for that. Still, Erika started the whole mess by telling Garcelles son off for no reason other than she was a drunken pig at the party.  Dorits an easier target and it’s a chance for Garcelle to make Dorit out to be a racist Karen all the well laughing it up with Erika who disrespected her son in such a shitty way. Yes she was harder on Erika than the others but she still let it out to Erika that Sutton made out with her driver.  Erika said what Garcelle wanted to hear to hear at Taco Tuesday but she is still scared of Erika and shame on her for letting her get away with talking to her son the way she did.

But it doesn’t matter who started it .. who laughed with their husband that good job Erika then went home slept lived her life then got up got on camera for a talking head and said full chest “hey it’s not my child” so it’s ok?

that’s is ALL on Dorit 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
4 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

There is no way in fucking hell that Garcelle is scared of Erika, nor was she ever scared. She's the only one, besides Sutton and sometimes Crystal, who've hit back at some of the nonsense she's spewed about the diamonds, not giving a fuck about anybody but herself, etc.

Erika apologized, so Garcelle is moving on, though she still doesn't trust her and the others, except Sutton and Crystal with her children. Dorit never apologizes until the very end of a stupid speech about how HER feelings were hurt--and that's just sometimes.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
2 minutes ago, politichick said:

Erika apologized, so Garcelle is moving on, though she still doesn't trust her and the others, except Sutton and Crystal with her children. Dorit never apologizes until the very end of a stupid speech about how HER feelings were hurt--and that's just sometimes.

This part .. Erika never came back with .. it’s been a year … 

• Like 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But it doesn’t matter who started it .. who laughed with their husband that good job Erika then went home slept lived her life then got up got on camera for a talking head and said full chest “hey it’s not my child” so it’s ok?

that’s is ALL on Dorit 

Right. And also, none of these extraneous occurrences and examples make a difference in the "attack" issue anyway; it's its own thing. Compiled previous infractions don't make one specific act any more or less bad (or good, for that matter). 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Right. And also, none of these extraneous occurrences and examples make a difference in the "attack" issue anyway; it's its own thing. Compiled previous infractions don't make one specific act any more or less bad (or good, for that matter). 

This …It just showed who these people really are.. they co-signed a mess and then made a mess of there own which caused the secondary separate issue  …

and the only one that seems to be openly antagonistic towards anyone in any of the aforementioned issues now is Dorit .. 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, politichick said:

There is no way in fucking hell that Garcelle is scared of Erika, nor was she ever scared. She's the only one, besides Sutton and sometimes Crystal, who've hit back at some of the nonsense she's spewed about the diamonds, not giving a fuck about anybody but herself, etc.

Oh yes she is scared. As long as Erika is on good terms with the boss (Kyle) she absolutely won’t go too far questioning Erika. Dorits on the outs with the boss so it makes it easier to go in on her. 
Again I don’t even like Dorit but that doesn’t make Garcelle a saint in any of this.

• Like 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Oh yes she is scared. As long as Erika is on good terms with the boss (Kyle) she absolutely won’t go too far questioning Erika. Dorits on the outs with the boss so it makes it easier to go in on her. 
Again I don’t even like Dorit but that doesn’t make Garcelle a saint in any of this.

I don’t think she’s scared of her .. she is the ONLY one that stood 10 toes down .. I said what I said I had an opinion and I still stand by it when everyone was trying to backtrack on their issues with her and the widows and orphans 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I don’t think she’s scared of her .. she is the ONLY one that stood 10 toes down .. I said what I said I had an opinion and I still stand by it when everyone was trying to backtrack on their issues with her and the widows and orphans 

I think she is. She let the woman speak to her son that way, she got a half hearted apology and decided to let it go. She did question Erika more than the others but where the hell was she when Erika was spitting in Sutton’s face for having the nerve to question her? She was there, silent as could be. But yes, let’s lecture flaky Dorit on the word attack, that’s the hill she decided to die on. It’s fine if she wants to make her point but Dorit is most likely out of a job anyway. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think she is. She let the woman speak to her son that way, she got a half hearted apology and decided to let it go. She did question Erika more than the others but where the hell was she when Erika was spitting in Sutton’s face for having the nerve to question her? She was there, silent as could be. But yes, let’s lecture flaky Dorit on the word attack, that’s the hill she decided to die on. It’s fine if she wants to make her point but Dorit is most likely out of a job anyway. 

She is the only one on this cast that doesn’t back down from heR .. literally the only one .. IF she doesn’t fight others battles for them  she’s a bad friend and shes  scared of Erika  .. if she does chime in she’s not letting the others fight their own battles and how dare she  (Erika even told her she should let Sutton handle her own fights more) ..

this woman can not win .. I literally feel so bad for her .. she’s stuck 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 7
  • Applause 6
7 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She is the only one on this cast that doesn’t back down from heR .. literally the only one .. IF she doesn’t fight others battles for them  she’s a bad friend and shes  scared of Erika  .. if she does chime in she’s not letting the others fight their own battles and how dare she  (Erika even told her she should should let Sutton handle her own fight more) .. this woman can not win 

She is winning! She got to take down a Karen, maintain peace with Erika the bully and stay on decent enough terms with the boss. Win win! 

2 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

She is winning! She got to take down a Karen, maintain peace with Erika the bully and stay on decent enough terms with the boss. Win win! 

But she’s not .. she being dragged for stuff that other housewives wouldn’t .

tell me the truth how many fans would be telling Kyle or Dorit to get over their kid being attacked then attacked by racist online and that they are just holding grudges and are bringing race into it how dare they? That they are bringing the show down defending their stance as a parent and  the feelings they have to deal with daily in keeping those kids safe?

none .. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But she’s not .. she being dragged for stuff that other housewives wouldn’t .

tell me the truth how many fans would be telling Kyle or Dorit to get over their kid being attacked then attacked by racist online and that they are just holding grudges and are bringing race into it how dare they? That they are bringing the show down defending their stance as a parent and  the feelings they have to deal with daily in keeping those kids safe?

none .. 

I’ve seen a lot of fans pissed at Kyle for putting her daughters on camera for the dramatic very special separation scene.  Dorits getting dragged for her behavior too, for her PTSD, for being late, for being a Karen and she’s most likely out of a job for daring to speak up against boss Kyle.  
If Erika had spoken to Kyle or Dorits children like that, there would have been outrage however, Erika wasn’t about to do that to the boss or even Dorit at the time. I don’t know of fans that thought Garcelle had to get over it and she didn’t. 

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’ve seen a lot of fans pissed at Kyle for putting her daughters on camera for the dramatic very special separation scene.  Dorits getting dragged for her behavior too, for her PTSD, for being late, for being a Karen and she’s most likely out of a job for daring to speak up against boss Kyle.  
If Erika had spoken to Kyle or Dorits children like that, there would have been outrage however, Erika wasn’t about to do that to the boss or even Dorit at the time. I don’t know of fans that thought Garcelle had to get over it and she didn’t. 

No one is telling her that Porchia should get over it .. Kyle is the one that put those kids IN that situation.. those are her kids.. there wasn’t a person coming up to her kid saying hey guess what hehe your parents are fucking other people  .. no one’s saying fuck portchias feelings … they are saying that’s fucked of Kyle dragging her kid into something she shouldn’t have been ON camera 

No one is bringing Dorit’s kids into anything at all .. it’s all directed to Dorit 

let’s be honest here G hadn’t said Boo about any of their kids … and she would be dragged if she did .. Kyle and Dorit do it and crickets it’s all G’s fault 

Yes Erika did apologize and it felt heartfelt and she hasn’t brought it up again and has kept her kids out of her mouth .. Dorit hasn’t .. Dorit told her this season to get over it ..

I feel like we are going to go in circles with this … I love a good debate.. but I’m shaking hands and saying we just arnt gonna agree … 

so how about those outfits .. hehe :) 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 10
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

But one doesn't have to be a saint to not want to be accused of attacking someone when she didn't. Again, everything else is beside the point of the "attack" thing. 

• Like 5
(edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 7:03 PM, ww92 said:

Annemarie best start banking that RHOBH coin in case she needs to start paying some fines.

AM can call herself anything she wants outside of work. It's just if she calls herself or misleads patients that are in her care or could be that she is a doctor, the fine could happen. When I worked in a psychotherapy office, we had many therapists that had PhDs in clinical psychology or counseling, and were licensed and could be called Dr. in their work as a therapist. However, there were also master level licensed therapists-- clinical social workers, licensed professional counselors, marriage and family therapists (there are a BUNCH of masters level therapists that are licensed), but only 2 types of psychology doctorates that allow someone to call themself a doctor WITH THEIR PATIENTS in their work. A PhD and a PsyD. In any case, one of the masters level patients came up to me, confused, because her therapist said that she couldn't be called a doctor (apparently, the patient was calling her doctor). It is not only the right thing to do, but an ethical mandate. So anyone that allows a patient to call them a doctor (and allows them to be mislead, doesn't correct) or outright presents themselves as a doctor, would be subject to fined, and just a really shitty and unethical person. Also, if a person has a doctorate in something else, they can't be called a doctor in their practice. So if I'm a licensed masters level therapist, but I have a PhD in history, I can't tell the patient to call me doctor. It's pretty duh, but some people like to play with the truth. I like to think that AM is doing this ONLY for a storyline, and  in her real work, would never consider misrepresenting herself in her actual work with patients. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 5

She is the only one on this cast that doesn’t back down from heR .. literally the only one .. IF she doesn’t fight others battles for them  she’s a bad friend and shes  scared of Erika  .. if she does chime in she’s not letting the others fight their own battles and how dare she  (Erika even told her she should let Sutton handle her own fights more) ..

this woman can not win .. I literally feel so bad for her .. she’s stuck 

100% Garcelle has shown the most emotional intelligence since her first season on the show. She tends to call things correctly, unlike Kyle, Erika, Dorit, Teddi, Rinna, basically almost every other BH Housewife. I'm not saying she is perfect. She is only human, but I don't want to pick apart one of the few cast members who is consistently kind and thoughtful. 

I applaud Garcelle for not giving in to this Erika is a victim nonsense when everyone else has. 

It's ironic that Dorit referred to Garcelle as passive aggressive before, because I think she can be described that way. Erika is plain aggressive. Dorit can be very hurtful with her tone and stuff she says but then plays totally innocent. I believe that Dorit isn't anything like Diana Jenkins, Danielle Staub, etc. I don't get a nasty vibe from her, but sometimes with the stuff she says, I think, is Dorit THAT ignorant? A woman of her age who is a wife, mother, business woman, "child of the world," you would really expect her to understand why she's offensive, but it's like pulling teeth to get her to apologize rather than double-down and say she's happy being in her bubble. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

No one is telling her that Porchia should get over it .. Kyle is the one that put those kids IN that situation.. those are her kids.. there wasn’t a person coming up to her kid saying hey guess what hehe your parents are fucking other people  .. no one’s saying fuck portchias feelings … they are saying that’s fucked of Kyle dragging her kid into something she shouldn’t have been ON camera 

No one is bringing Dorit’s kids into anything at all .. it’s all directed to Dorit 

let’s be honest here G hadn’t said Boo about any of their kids … and she would be dragged if she did .. Kyle and Dorit do it and crickets it’s all G’s fault 

Yes Erika did apologize and it felt heartfelt and she hasn’t brought it up again and has kept her kids out of her mouth .. Dorit hasn’t .. Dorit told her this season to get over it ..

I feel like we are going to go in circles with this … I love a good debate.. but I’m shaking hands and saying we just arnt gonna agree … 

so how about those outfits .. hehe :) 

Lol, I don’t think I liked a single outfit but I didn’t mind Sutton’s as much as the others. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Lol, I don’t think I liked a single outfit but I didn’t mind Sutton’s as much as the others. 

Erika”s Flock of seagulls bang is so distracting to me lol 

• LOL 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

AM can call herself anything she wants outside of work. It's just if she calls herself or misleads patients that are in her care or could be that she is a doctor, the fine could happen. When I worked in a psychotherapy office, we had many therapists that had PhDs in clinical psychology or counseling, and were licensed and could be called Dr. in their work as a therapist. However, there were also master level licensed therapists-- clinical social workers, licensed professional counselors, marriage and family therapists (there are a BUNCH of masters level therapists that are licensed), but only 2 types of psychology doctorates that allow someone to call themself a doctor WITH THEIR PATIENTS in their work. A PhD and a PsyD. In any case, one of the masters level patients came up to me, confused, because her therapist said that she couldn't be called a doctor (apparently, the patient was calling her doctor). It is not only the right thing to do, but an ethical mandate. So anyone that allows a patient to call them a doctor (and allows them to be mislead, doesn't correct) or outright presents themselves as a doctor, would be subject to fined, and just a really shitty and unethical person. Also, if a person has a doctorate in something else, they can't be called a doctor in their practice. So if I'm a licensed masters level therapist, but I have a PhD in history, I can't tell the patient to call me doctor. It's pretty duh, but some people like to play with the truth. I like to think that AM is doing this ONLY for a storyline, and  in her real work, would never consider misrepresenting herself in her actual work with patients. 

When I was a nursing student a million years ago, it used to make me crazy that, in a hospital setting,  doctors would introduce their medical students to a patient as "Doctor".  They should have come up with a better designation/honorific such as: Mr, Ms, etc.  and explained that they were a second, third, fourth year student.  

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Like 3

Ugh, here's where I am.

Annemarie came in hot for a storyline with Esophogate, lied and was ridiculous, and Crystal was right to call her out. But, Crystal is also a snob and a half. 

Kyle is probably right that Dorit is too concerned with the overall sentiment of the fans. But the Teddi/Bravocon example was royally dumb.

Garcelle is totally within her rights to be upset about what happened with her son, and I totally get her frustration that Dorit retreats into her veil of victimhood when told she might have said something offensive. But, it was pretty damn bold of Garcelle to heavily insinuate on camera that Dorit lied about the robbery. Like, if you want to do that, okay I guess. Clearly Garcelle is not alone in her opinion! BUT then Garcelle needs to stop acting like she's above the fray. You accuse a fellow cast member of fabricating a significant event in her life and you are in the fray, baby!

Sutton is completely right that some of the other women, and Kyle in particular, are just downright mean to her! But, if Sutton thinks we are going to relate to her because now she has to "stand on her own two feet" as a horse-owning millionaire, then Sutton... lacks quite the dose of self-awareness.

Speaking of lacking self awareness: Erika.

They just... all kind of suck at this point. 

Who am I supposed to root for? All I've got is *checks list* Kyle's dogs, Sutton's horse, and Portia.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, politichick said:

Dorit never apologizes until the very end of a stupid speech about how HER feelings were hurt--and that's just sometimes.

The problem for Dorit is that everyone has fallen asleep before she gets to her point.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 14
13 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Is it true what Ann Marie said that in several states they don’t have to work under a doctor’s direction? If so that is surprising to me. 

Not sure. I guess the rules are different from state to state. 

I wonder when Annemarie said CRNAs didn’t have to work under the discretion of a doctor she meant an MD in Anesthesiologist versus the primary MD who is doing the actual surgery.

I have had almost 20 procedures and surgeries since 2008 (I have a lot of metal in me) where I was under anesthesia. The only time I had a CRNA was my last two procedures. The nurse introduced herself as a nurse anesthetist and was nothing my professional.

I had a major surgery where my whole lumbar spine (L1-5) was fused to my coccyx. It was very major and it required two surgeons and a MD Anestesiologist. Scheduling was difficult because I need 3 highly trained doctors.

So, Annemarie you are not qualified to do all the same things as an MD.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ladle said:

Kyle is probably right that Dorit is too concerned with the overall sentiment of the fans. But the Teddi/Bravocon example was royally dumb.

I'm sure Dorit cares somewhat, but I actually believe Dorit more than Kyle. If Dorit were that concerned with the fans, she'd align herself more with Garcelle and Sutton, not so much Kyle and Erika. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 3/1/2024 at 5:50 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

She doesn’t she admits it IN the video .. she had a masters which is amazing in itself but it’s not the same degree that she would be able to call herself a doctor .. but then says she IS a doctor 

Edite

What video is this? Is it one the show? I must have missed it. 

17 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What video is this? Is it one the show? I must have missed it. 

2nd to last posting on page 3 of this board i think

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

image.png.c7677973ebf819bf8ed009d2e93ed24a.png

lol thats all i could think about looking at it .. those two pulled back bangs they did on her

• LOL 3
On 3/1/2024 at 3:41 PM, bravofan27 said:

LOL! This reminds me of my "friend" who said he had a graduate degree. Come to find out, he DID NOT have a graduate degree. When I asked him about it, he had a LOT of reasons for why he said he had a graduate degree (none of which were because he had one). He said that his brother has a graduate degree, and he is smarter than his brother and they do they same type of work, so he is valid saying he has a graduate degree. He then said that the school he went to was harder than other schools where you get a graduate degree, so he basically had one because his school was hard. He also said that because of lot of people that do the same job he does have graduate degrees, that makes him pretty much having one. I see this logic in AM. She works with and does the same type of work as doctors, so she is basically a doctor. 

The qualifications for my job (master project manager) are a masters degree or 20 years equivalent experience. By your friends logic I can start telling people I have a masters degree. It's so much more impressive than that GED I got when I was 30!🤪

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
On 2/29/2024 at 9:13 AM, TattleTeeny said:

I secretly hope that someone asks Kyle if she ever plans on getting a real tattoo. I know how "That Guy" that sounds (and I would never say a thing like that to a regular person) but her "I'm a tattooed person" thing is annoying. Tattoos are expensive (good ones are, at least) and she's wealthy -- come on, do it up!

I thought you were going to make fun of her because of her tiny non-visible tatts haha! I never understood the point of getting the tiniest tatt in a place no one is going to see. I'm proud of mine!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I thought you were going to make fun of her because of her tiny non-visible tatts haha! I never understood the point of getting the tiniest tatt in a place no one is going to see. I'm proud of mine!

Haha! I mean, I don’t generally fault people for wanting to be able to cover them if they so choose, but sure — why not add that to my Kyle’s Tattoos Annoyances List? Ugh, they’re so faint and poorly applied!

• Like 1
On 3/1/2024 at 7:39 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Wow!  This blows my mind.  I know Dorit has kept the other housewives waiting in the past, taking photos for social media, etc, but to keep Andy and the reunion crew waiting seems really rude and thoughtless.  Dorit must think she is pretty important to pull such a stunt.  (And she had to bring her IV with her, along with someone to administer it, I'm sure, to rehydrate.  Gawd!  Just drink a cup of water like the rest of us.  She is just all about the image...)

Rehydrate?  What?  She wasn't taking a trek through the Sahara, she was on an air-conditioned soundstage, sitting on a couch, and talking.  Jeebus, if Dorito had to have real jobs like the rest of us, she'd probably blink her eyes right off.

And BTW, constant tardiness drives me crazy.  They should have started the cameras rolling by 9.  No excuses.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 3/3/2024 at 7:05 AM, Chatty Cake said:

What Dorit/PK/Kyle/Maux did re Garcelle's son was FAR worse than Erika.  That behavior isn't a surprise from Erika, but parents laughing about it?  They can fuck all the way off and shows they are scum.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
37 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

What Dorit/PK/Kyle/Maux did re Garcelle's son was FAR worse than Erika.  That behavior isn't a surprise from Erika, but parents laughing about it?  They can fuck all the way off and shows they are scum.

How was laughing worse than telling an underage kid to get the fuck out of there? The exchange bothered him because he brought it into this season  when he was the bigger person and spoke to Erika when the shithead didn’t have the decency to walk up to him and apologize.

I do think the four assholes laughing was shitty. Big fat lard ass PK, the pothead and cheating Mauricio, Kyle and Dorit really got a kick out of it.  Kyle was bad because she pretended to admonish Mauritizio but was really chuckling and Dorits comment about it not being her kid was very low. I get why Garcelles mad but I think she should take down all of them not just stupid Dorit.

• Like 9
14 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

How was laughing worse than telling an underage kid to get the fuck out of there? The exchange bothered him because he brought it into this season  when he was the bigger person and spoke to Erika when the shithead didn’t have the decency to walk up to him and apologize.

I do think the four assholes laughing was shitty. Big fat lard ass PK, the pothead and cheating Mauricio, Kyle and Dorit really got a kick out of it.  Kyle was bad because she pretended to admonish Mauritizio but was really chuckling and Dorits comment about it not being her kid was very low. I get why Garcelles mad but I think she should take down all of them not just stupid Dorit.

I thought both were terrible.  Erika had the excuse of being drunk and is consistently an asshole.  The others were sober parents who would cut someone if it had been done to their kid.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

I think Erica was far wronger than the people who laughed! I would laugh too; I always laugh at inappropriate things -- or, more clearly, at people who are doing inappropriate things. I would for sure be laughing at, not with, Erica using profanity at a young kid for no good reason. I would also be telling het to cut the shit too, but her bad behavior (not the belittlement of the kid) would still be funny to me. 

And I may laugh at that situation later when recalling it too (though I would try my best not to if I were on TV, so as not to make the kid feel bad). I've always been this way -- my sister, on the other hand, can keep a damn straight face while provoking me to laugh when I should not be -- weddings, toasts, speeches... Joke's on her though; once she fell down on ice and actually got a little bit hurt, nothing too horrible. I felt bad for her, but I laughed when she described it to me. Her face just said, "My mistake; I should have known not to tell you this."

• LOL 3
On 3/1/2024 at 8:43 PM, Stats Queen said:

This is a job, she gets  paid to do her job.  That is crap. I would have started without her.

Even better, started and informed her that she did not show up for the reunion per her contract and was being docked by the missing minute. And that she would be seated (and paid) beginning at the next natural break, and not necessarily when she deigned to show up. 

I think what folks are missing in the whole "attacked" episode is that Garcelle was sharing a deep hurt and feeling of betrayal over the way her son's treatment was treated as a joke (and the social media firestorm that followed). And Dorit's reaction was basically "I don't know how you can say that, it really hurts my feelings, in fact, it feels like an attack." And that plays into the whole "white woman's tears" phenomenon where a Black woman standing up for herself in any way is twisted into the sin of having made a white woman uncomfortable. And that discomfort suddenly becomes the high priority issue that everybody wants to relieve, not the situation the Black woman was addressing in the first place.  

In the moment, as I recall correctly, Dorit's reaction was to immediately scold Erika - she was rightfully offended and made it known. And she wasn't the one whooping it up at Kyle's dinner party.  So I don't even think Garcelle was particularly irked at Dorit so much as Kyle/Mauricio.  What Garcelle reacted to was the hijacking of her expression of vulnerability into a demand to make Dorit feel better about herself. 

• Like 9
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, kassa said:

Even better, started and informed her that she did not show up for the reunion per her contract and was being docked by the missing minute. And that she would be seated (and paid) beginning at the next natural break, and not necessarily when she deigned to show up. 

I think what folks are missing in the whole "attacked" episode is that Garcelle was sharing a deep hurt and feeling of betrayal over the way her son's treatment was treated as a joke (and the social media firestorm that followed). And Dorit's reaction was basically "I don't know how you can say that, it really hurts my feelings, in fact, it feels like an attack." And that plays into the whole "white woman's tears" phenomenon where a Black woman standing up for herself in any way is twisted into the sin of having made a white woman uncomfortable. And that discomfort suddenly becomes the high priority issue that everybody wants to relieve, not the situation the Black woman was addressing in the first place.  

In the moment, as I recall correctly, Dorit's reaction was to immediately scold Erika - she was rightfully offended and made it known. And she wasn't the one whooping it up at Kyle's dinner party.  So I don't even think Garcelle was particularly irked at Dorit so much as Kyle/Mauricio.  What Garcelle reacted to was the hijacking of her expression of vulnerability into a demand to make Dorit feel better about herself. 

100%. Well said. Wish I could give this a million applause emojis.

I remember at the time of the scene thinking, “How in the hell is Dorit making this all about herself?!” It was shockingly tone deaf and ignorant. That this has become an indictment against Garcelle, about Garcelle overreacting, astounds me. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

The thing that I keep coming back to regarding Garcelle and Erica vs Garcelle and Dorit, is that when Erica apologizes, she seems to absorb that and move on.  She doesn’t try to rewrite history and justify the behavior.  Dorit and Kyle constantly backtrack on apologies.  Erica has more EQ than we give her credit for sometimes.  

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not cheering Erica on here, but I do think she understands how apologies are supposed to work. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kassa said:

think what folks are missing in the whole "attacked" episode is that Garcelle was sharing a deep hurt and feeling of betrayal over the way her son's treatment was treated as a joke (and the social media firestorm that followed). And Dorit's reaction was basically "I don't know how you can say that, it really hurts my feelings, in fact, it feels like an attack."

I was referring to the "limousine" attack callout. Definitely not that one.

30 minutes ago, RecoveringLawyer said:

The thing that I keep coming back to regarding Garcelle and Erica vs Garcelle and Dorit, is that when Erica apologizes, she seems to absorb that and move on.  

I agree.

2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I think Erica was far wronger than the people who laughed! I would laugh too; I always laugh at inappropriate things -- or, more clearly, at people who are doing inappropriate things. I would for sure be laughing at, not with, Erica using profanity at a young kid for no good reason. I would also be telling het to cut the shit too, but her bad behavior (not the belittlement of the kid) would still be funny to me. 

And I may laugh at that situation later when recalling it too (though I would try my best not to if I were on TV, so as not to make the kid feel bad). I've always been this way -- my sister, on the other hand, can keep a damn straight face while provoking me to laugh when I should not be -- weddings, toasts, speeches... Joke's on her though; once she fell down on ice and actually got a little bit hurt, nothing too horrible. I felt bad for her, but I laughed when she described it to me. Her face just said, "My mistake; I should have known not to tell you this."

I agree that Erika was far wronger. As much as I hated to see the others laugh, I'd like to think they wouldn't dream of talking to a kid like that. 

I can definitely laugh when I'm uncomfortable. Dorit may have been guilty of that. Mauricio's comment seemed like it could have been flippant. Kyle on the other hand, she had this gleeful look and was genuinely cracking up telling the story! And she was so happy that Erika let loose the way she did. WTF?! I know how much being a mom means to Kyle. She has always seemed the most nurturing, so I was very disappointed by how dismissive she was of Jax's treatment. I expected better from her. 

2 hours ago, kassa said:

You nailed it!!! 👏

2 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

100%. Well said. Wish I could give this a million applause emojis.

I remember at the time of the scene thinking, “How in the hell is Dorit making this all about herself?!” It was shockingly tone deaf and ignorant. That this has become an indictment against Garcelle, about Garcelle overreacting, astounds me. 

Same. Excellent post by kassa. 

It astounds me too. 

1 hour ago, RecoveringLawyer said:

The thing that I keep coming back to regarding Garcelle and Erica vs Garcelle and Dorit, is that when Erica apologizes, she seems to absorb that and move on.  She doesn’t try to rewrite history and justify the behavior.  Dorit and Kyle constantly backtrack on apologies.  Erica has more EQ than we give her credit for sometimes.  

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not cheering Erica on here, but I do think she understands how apologies are supposed to work. 

Yes! Erika might be the bigger jerk, but that doesn't mean everything about her is worse. She can own being an asshole sometimes. Dorit does this whole innocent act. And again, I do think Dorit is generally one of the more harmless ones, but she still needs to own her hurtful moments.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I can definitely laugh when I'm uncomfortable.

Haha, I wouldn't be uncomfortable; I would just think it's funny that Erica was such a mess that she did that obnoxious shit in front of everyone. 

(edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 4:39 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

She made them sit waiting for her all that time while she filmed tiktoks of herself getting ready. Can you imagine the gall of pulling that? How rude and selfish she is to make them wait that long for her -look at beautiful me me me- entrance she made in her whatever that was she was wearing. 

What's tragic is she took  all that time to get ready and she ended up looking like a ridiculous Red Riding Hood. 

Remember the season everyone was waiting for Dorit to show up for lunch in while she was primping and taking pics of herself?  Clearly she has never had a "real" job.

On 3/2/2024 at 12:18 PM, ladle said:

I wonder if they'll bring up the allegations against her husband during the reunion.

I think that would be kind of shitty since Andy already hit her with the recent death of her mother;  obviously AM is grieving.  So yeah, he just might. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, kassa said:

Thank you! I don't understand why people find that so difficult to comprehend.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Another thing I just thought of re. inappropriate laughing…an example of why I probably didn’t articulate very well in previous posts:

I'm not in the habit of reveling with glee when old dudes* drive off the road, but I did laugh a lot here when we all talked about Tom Girardi and his switchback mishap(s?). I know that none of us was like, “Yes! An octogenarian nearly met a fiery demise!” but it was a funny discussion anyway.

i just remembered that because I’m watching the second Housewife and the Hustler. I didn’t even realize that there was a follow-up.

*Not that he doesn’t deserve some kind of karmic shit-show, mind you!

Edited by TattleTeeny
On 3/5/2024 at 12:58 PM, RealHousewife said:

I can definitely laugh when I'm uncomfortable. Dorit may have been guilty of that. Mauricio's comment seemed like it could have been flippant. Kyle on the other hand, she had this gleeful look and was genuinely cracking up telling the story! And she was so happy that Erika let loose the way she did. WTF?! I know how much being a mom means to Kyle. She has always seemed the most nurturing, so I was very disappointed by how dismissive she was of Jax's treatment. I expected better from her. 

I can't help but think of this study that the American Psychological Association did a while ago, maybe 10+ years ago, about how young Black boys are often not viewed as "children" in the same way young Caucasian boys are, especially by Caucasian adults, and are therefore not afforded the same protection and assumption of innocence/naiveté. (That's a gross simplification, but that study and others with similar findings are out there if you care to Google).

I remember watching those four in that scene, retelling the story and making fun of how Jax was treated.  NONE of those four parents would have found that situation remotely funny if it had been one of their children at that exact same age; they'd have been irate.  NONE of them were able to see Jax as a young boy, deserving of protection from a drunk, rude, sloppy, arrogant woman.

I didn't even make the connection at the time. Now, having just begun to educate myself on unconscious bias, it's so damn clear.  And watching Dorit's behavior this year...if it walks like a duck...

Do you think some day therapists or lecturers will use HWs footage to show people behavior patterns in real life circumstances?  I really got an education on gaslighting from HWs...I learned what it looks like when someone centers themselves in every situation instead of having empathy for others from HWs...now I'm seeing unconscious bias first hand in HWs.  If nothing else, this shit show could be used to educate people on what these negative traits actually look like when they show up in our lives.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2