Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E18: One on One Part 4

Ms.Lulu
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

What alternative story would he have wanted, I wonder?  One in which his kids all come running back to him, decrying Christine for lying about their wonderful blameless father?  Given how Kody has disparaged many of his kids on national  television, called them names and made them feel like garbage, that was never going to happen. 

Or maybe in another version, they wander around the planet as orphans, because Christine is a terrible human but Kody wants nothing to do with them, either.  Would that make him happy?

I think he rages at Christine because deep down, in that over-permed brain of his, he knows he messed up beyond repair with most of his non-Robyn kids, and it's far easier to blame Christine for turning those precious kids against him than it is to look in the mirror and see himself for who he really is.

If Kody were fertilizer, that would be one messed-up strain of weed Janelle harvested. 

It wouldn't make you stoned, it would make you delusional!

• LOL 10
On 12/18/2023 at 4:21 AM, Gramto6 said:

Crybrows DOESN'T need an off camera explanation from the OG3! They owe her nothing!

Exactly! But Robyn certainly owes the 3 OGs an explanation and apology. Robyn never did live or function as an involved sister wife, and now the Brown polygamy family is kaput. What WAS Robyn's purpose?

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, dariafan said:

Kootie is in love with Robyn , so he shouldn’t have anything bad  I say about Christine.  Janelle.  Or meri.  According to his line of thinking 

I get it now. Kody is trashing all 3 OGs so Robyn can feel better about competing against polygamy royalty. Kody continue to whine about the wives as Robyn needed to gather some self esteem and confidence to stay on as his wife.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Meri, Janelle and Christine appear so calm and content now. 

Years ago, Robyn probably chuckled and delighted in the jealousy experienced by the "sisters" as Kody preferred her company over the others.

Years later, the sisters are happy and thriving as they move on, while NO ONE is wishing they were in Robyn's shoes.

Yet Kody is still ranting about conversations and events from 2 to 3 years ago (that nobody cares about.)

He's all yours, Robyn.

• Like 10
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, General Days said:

Christine's older girls (i.e. not Truely) knew their mom wasn't being treated right. They maybe didn't know about the end of intimacy, but they saw how he treated her (and them) in comparison to Robyn (and her children), and they told Christine how they felt about it.

Maybe a man can answer this for me, but if kody really disliked Meri and Christine appearances, and had the bare interest in them as intimate partners, how on earth did Christine get pregnant so often? How can kody be intimate with someone he's turned off by? That baffles me. Women can fake being aroused if need be, but how on earth does a man disguise his dislike?

Or is Kody telling some big fat lies?

I bet Christine's present sex life is boggling her mind (in a good way). All the discoveries she's making (at 50!) with a gentle and loving partner. Best of all, she's learned that sex can be just for fun and intimacy. No withholding or punishing. You go girl ..

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Kody is really getting a little scary.  When they showed the scene where Christine was talking with Aspyn and Mykelti you could feel the rage coming through the TV.  That little square in the corner was about to burst into flames.  I agree with everyone else, it's not trash talk when he has made no secret of his feelings for Christine all along.  Mykelti wasn't agreeing to gain favor with Christine (please), she was agreeing because she knew it was true.  She and most of the adult kids have watched the show and heard what Kody says about Christine.  And also about some of them.  Why would anyone want to talk to someone who called them an a**hole on national TV?

I forgot about this, yet another thing he said that made me ragey. It really illustrates how he thinks about his kids - not everyone sets their relationships up to be transactional! The kids know they don't have to curry favour with Christine in order to receive love and acceptance, they are going to receive that from her no matter what. That's why they have all chosen her over the Douche, why would they choose him when he has proven time and again that they have to demonstrate "loyalty" to him and Crybrows in order to be loved in return? And not just her bio kids, but all the OG 13, they all know how it works. Who wouldn't choose the unconditional love and acceptance over that jackwagon's demands for respect?

• Like 5
  • Applause 12
  • Love 3
On 12/18/2023 at 4:59 AM, General Days said:

I'm still not convinced Janelle won't end up back with Kody.

I could see it BUT ONLY if Janelle feels she can recoup some of her lost $$$ savings. She needs to get money from him.

Yet, If Christine and Janelle's segments attract more viewers than the ones involving kody, Janelle will not need to go back to Kody. Her and Christine can move forward.

Janelle was fine with her and kody's arrangement. (She has always lived her life independently) But as soon as Kody began trashing her kids and demanding they move out, then accusing her of "siding" with her sister wife... He left her no choice, but to bow out. I even think she bought the RV as a test to their future, and Kody failed.

If he can't manage to stay in a relationship with low maintenance Janelle, then he's useless in polygamy.

• Like 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

For four of these 1 on 1 interviews, Kody has repeatedly accused the OG wives of trash talking him.  Yet, he is the one doing all the trash talking.  

Thank you for this post. I have struggled to think of any time Christine has publicly "bashed" Kody, nor have any of the kids stepped up to say, "Well, Christine did bash him at "x" time" but again, never happened. Whether calmly, or excitedly, any sister wife relaying factual information is NOT bashing!

I truly wish someone would release a video showing Kody every time he cut down, or criticized a wife or child's behaviour. A video for each wife and family. Maybe that would finally shut him up?

Or can someone explain when Christine really did bash him?

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

Kootie saying Christine knows nothing about Robyn when a lot of us have been saying she never has lived plural marriage. When’s wife won’t leave the husband alone when he is with another family.  Training her kids to not be able to have him away more than 2 days.  ( he would have to be gone 4 days if his time was fair with children Leon was already away at school ). No

i think Christine knows her pretty well 

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

In fact it seems that the footage they showed of Kody and Christine at lunch was a scene that we had never seen before?

That was on earlier in the season. There was also footage of Kody and Janelle having lunch at the same restaurant.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 10

Finally made it through chapter 58 of the Tell-All, and I have questions...

Kody's idea that David might someday take Kody aside and be all, "yeah, man, you were right, Christine is awful.  Let's chug some beers and talk about it" was deeply weird to me.  My first thought was, does Kody have a crush on David?  It struck me as so strange that he even gave voice to this little fantasy on national tv.  I just get a weird vibe that Kody's perfect take-down of Christine would be to take away her man for himself. That might be a huge reach but it wouldn't be the first time I have gotten that vibe from Kody.  There was something nefarious in that statement from him, I just can't quite parse out what it was.  Maybe it was something he read on the manosphere.  But of all of Kody's troubling statements, that was the big one that stood out to me.

So what does Robyn want - for each wife to come to her, curtsey, offer her a parting gift and say, "My Queen, you have won."  What the  - why??  They've all left Kody.  It's done.  Is she seriously telling us that in her warped brain, the OG3 are also actually still married to her until they tell her otherwise?  Man, Kody is completely and scarily delusional but Robyn is a very close second.  The conversations those two must have behind closed doors are probably darkly terrifying.

And my biggest question of all - how did Kody pin those two straggly ringlets back from his caveman forehead?  I can't figure it out.  Hairspray?  Gel?  A couple of tiny barrettes borrowed from Aribellilbloa?  I need to know.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, zamp33 said:

Also Kody saying that he has to be made out to be the bad guy so David will accept Christine - is that what happened with Robyn and her ex- she had to say she was in an abusive marriage in order to be accepted by Kody?

OH WAIT!!!!  The way you phrased that made me realize....it's all about the religious covenant.  If you leave just because you're incompatible then remarriage is adultery.  But if you leave because you're being abused then you're free to remarry.  NOW I GET IT!!!!   

8 hours ago, Chalby said:

Maybe a man can answer this for me, but if kody really disliked Meri and Christine appearances, and had the bare interest in them as intimate partners, how on earth did Christine get pregnant so often? How can kody be intimate with someone he's turned off by? That baffles me. Women can fake being aroused if need be, but how on earth does a man disguise his dislike?

I asked the same thing a few weeks ago (here or on 90 Day Fiance, not sure).  I was told that yeah, men can still do it.  After all, even gay men have bio children with women. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
23 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

My first thought was, does Kody have a crush on David?  It struck me as so strange that he even gave voice to this little fantasy on national tv.  I just get a weird vibe that Kody's perfect take-down of Christine would be to take away her man for himself. That might be a huge reach but it wouldn't be the first time I have gotten that vibe from Kody. 

Interesting.  Let's remember he stated his celebrity crush is Sophia Loren and he knew at age 6 that he is straight.  Hmmm....   That may have just been a response to internet speculation about his orientation though.  It's been MY impression that he craves male approval in the form of friends because approval from his own father was transactional (he had to do the right thing to get the pat on the head).  It's no wonder that he looks at relationships the way he does.  He really is damaged.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 7
35 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Kody's idea that David might someday take Kody aside and be all, "yeah, man, you were right, Christine is awful.  Let's chug some beers and talk about it" was deeply weird to me.  My first thought was, does Kody have a crush on David?  It struck me as so strange that he even gave voice to this little fantasy on national tv.  I just get a weird vibe that Kody's perfect take-down of Christine would be to take away her man for himself. That might be a huge reach but it wouldn't be the first time I have gotten that vibe from Kody.  There was something nefarious in that statement from him, I just can't quite parse out what it was.  Maybe it was something he read on the manosphere.  But of all of Kody's troubling statements, that was the big one that stood out to me.

Kody has always, always been very odd and cringy around other men. ALWAYS. This was definitely another dimension of the same disease. I think he has daddy issues. I've read that his daddy Winn was very hard on him. He seeks the approval, admiration of other men, especially those that might be seen as manly and dare I say "Alpha." It is almost like watching an over exuberant golden retriever trying to get strangers to notice him, pet him and call him a good boy. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Kody is really getting a little scary.  When they showed the scene where Christine was talking with Aspyn and Mykelti you could feel the rage coming through the TV.  That little square in the corner was about to burst into flames.  I agree with everyone else, it's not trash talk when he has made no secret of his feelings for Christine all along.  Mykelti wasn't agreeing to gain favor with Christine (please), she was agreeing because she knew it was true.  She and most of the adult kids have watched the show and heard what Kody says about Christine.  And also about some of them.  Why would anyone want to talk to someone who called them an a**hole on national TV?

I agree. First of all, I agree that Kody is getting scary. 

Re: the "trash talking," this would never, ever happen, but they should let fans submit questions, like they did in the early seasons.

It's regarding exactly this kind of stuff that the production has failed the audience (and 3 out of 5 Brown parents). I used to cringe when some fan would waste a question asking how Kody could keep the three women satisfied in the bedroom. I think I'd pop champagne today, if a fan could go at Kody (and really all of the parents) with real questions and some receipts.

The production has those receipts They could trot out the nachos story from the disappeared episode. Christine and David trolled Kody about it on Instagram, so it's fair game now, in my eyes.

They could trot out the far more recent comments Kody has made about never having been in love with Christine, never having been attracted to Christine, and how he married Christine for clout in the AUB.

I could go on and on about this. It drives me crazy.

11 hours ago, Chalby said:

I bet Christine's present sex life is boggling her mind (in a good way). All the discoveries she's making (at 50!) with a gentle and loving partner. Best of all, she's learned that sex can be just for fun and intimacy. No withholding or punishing. You go girl ..

I'm not a man, but a young man with a healthy libido can usually perform. He might think about someone else, and might have to get things going on his own, but if he shuts off the lights, closes his eyes, and just lets himself feel the pleasant sensations, he can do it.

I do believe that Kody lived a relatively chaste life when he was LDS, and I don't think even Kody and Robyn had sex prior to their sealing. In the AUB, premarital sex for a man who already had other wives would be adultery, and I think it could rule him out of getting a planet, etc. When the show opened, I think Kody was a true believer, and he wouldn't have harmed his eternal fate for sex, when he could make do with what he had at home, until he nabbed the prize.

I do suspect though, that Kody and Robyn were sealed prior to the day of the "wedding" episode on the show, and that they might have already been sealed when he was driving 4-5 hours from Lehi to St. George, and back. 

I went off on a tangent there. My point in mentioning his sexual purity is that, because he wasn't a man of vast sexual experience when he married Meri, he was just plain old eager to get some.

Then, regardless of his level of attraction to Janelle and Christine, it would have been exciting for this relatively sexually pure young man to get to do it with someone else. And in Janelle's case, she had been married before. He wasn't dealing with a scared virgin/newly deflowered 19 year old, or a 22-year-old AUB princess who spent most of her time in the fairy tale world in her head. He was dealing with a woman who had some experience and a healthy sexual appetite.

Also, Kody's cruel streak has been on display for probably at least the last 5 seasons. The no-presents-for-Meri Christmas story and the melted-wedding-ring story make me think he has always had a cruel streak. It's possible Kody got off on knowing he was hurting his other wives by acting "in love" and having sex with the other women. 

Many of us think Kody is a narcissist too, right? Regardless of whether he would be diagnosed as such, he certainly has some traits and tendencies. He might also just find the women competing for his attention exciting, as well as the idea of inciting jealousy in whichever wives he wasn't with, because that would make it all about Kody, which is Kody's favorite thing.

He also used sex (and its withdrawal) as a means of controlling and manipulating those women, and that would get him off, too.

9 hours ago, Chalby said:

Thank you for this post. I have struggled to think of any time Christine has publicly "bashed" Kody, nor have any of the kids stepped up to say, "Well, Christine did bash him at "x" time" but again, never happened. Whether calmly, or excitedly, any sister wife relaying factual information is NOT bashing!

I truly wish someone would release a video showing Kody every time he cut down, or criticized a wife or child's behaviour. A video for each wife and family. Maybe that would finally shut him up?

Or can someone explain when Christine really did bash him?

I know this isn't what you asked, but I just want to note that Kody absolutely trash talked Christine to the kids -- maybe not face to face, but he used the show to do it, and he did it to humiliate Christine.

I don't consider most of what Christine said to be trash talk, so much as quoting. I'm not sure it's a healthy conversation to have with the adult children whom you share with your ex, but quoting differs from trash talk.

I think Kody considers quoting trash talk, because Kody is deathly allergic to blame. If you indicate, in any way, that Kody bears responsibility for a situation, he will accuse you of trash talking.

He sometimes claims to take responsibility on the show, but he usually then twists the situation, so that he's just saying the words, and foisting the blame off on a wife, or the fates, or his faith, or whatever.

Edited by General Days
typo/wording
  • Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I think Kootie shot it straight when he said he's angry over how he believes Christine turned the kids against him when she left.  He doesn't love her or miss her, but Christine is the gateway mom for many if not most of the nonRobyn kids. Meri's checked out, Robyn is a friend to NO ONE, and often Janelle comes across as disinterested.

When Christine left many of the kids agreed with her decision.  Not saying there weren't other events and repercussions going on to help drive this, but the crap really hit the fan, then.  

Kootie is pretty uncomplicated, which is why Robyn shuts him down in conversations so often.  When he tell us what he is or what he's thinking, I think we can believe him.

No doubt Kody is telling his version of the truth with this.  The problem is not that Kody is uncomplicated, the problem is that his thinking is distorted.  Rather than accepting his responsibility as a father to establish relationships with his children, he has shirked off that responsibility to his wives.  I'm thinking in particular of the time when he was depending on Christine to arrange for Isabel to get a covid test so he could visit her.  I think Christine had been out of town at the time and told Kody just call Isabel and tell her when he wanted to plan a visit and then Isabel can arrange to take a test.  Isabel I think was 17 or maybe 18 at the time and had all of her information.  But no, even a simple phone call/text was too much for Kody to arrange and he just couldn't figure out why Christine couldn't just arrange things for him.  There's being honest and straightforward and then there's Kody too clueless about the fact that other people actually have  feelings.  Whining about how Janelle never gave him any sympathy when he was sick, when he never gave her one iota of sympathy, care, consideration etc when she was sick.  But when he was sick oh the world was coming to an end?   If he's looking for someone to be angry at he should maybe look at himself first.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, General Days said:

He sometimes claims to take responsibility on the show, but he usually then twists the situation, so that he's just saying the words, and foisting the blame off on a wife, or the fates, or his faith, or whatever.

Hi did this in this episode when he said that somehow the mess with Christine and their kids was his responsibility because he married someone he wasn't in love with.  It all comes back to being Christine's fault or fate's fault or something, but not that he was cruel and withholding with his wife and kids.  He's just a hapless victim once again.  Not.

Someone upthread was asking about his bizarre statement about David taking him aside in the future to commiserate about how awful Christine is.  I think part of the fantasy is that he will be somehow vindicated in his horrible treatment of her if the husband who appears to love her now turns on her in the future.  He is so deep in his delusional world that he doesn't understand that most sane people don't work that way.  Even if David and Christine have disagreements, I don't see him turning on her and running to her sorta ex husband to talk about it.  I suspect his relationship with his own father is feeding this delusion.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, dariafan said:

Kootie saying Christine knows nothing about Robyn when a lot of us have been saying she never has lived plural marriage.

Christine is related to Robyn's ex.  It's perhaps something like second cousin.  Christine at least when Kody married Robyn was still talking to that part of the family.  Christine probably knows a lot more about Robyn than Kody would ever be comfortable about.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

Yes!!! I love this for her. She's probably flabbergasted at what sex is really all about.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

One Tell All point that I hope gets revisited is that Christine shared she had reached out to Robyn's kids but they weren't interested.

Robyn's and the Prestonette's view that they are victims is based on the belief that they are excluded.

They believe they were excluded from the family. They believe they were excluded from the post Christmas celebration. They believe they were treated differently.

But they were invited to the post Christmas celebration. They were invited to family get togethers. They were invited to Gwen's wedding. They were invited to participate in the gift exchange.They or their parents opted out.

If the show continues it will be interesting to see if this changes. But I expect not.

Robyn and the Prestonettes believe that being perceived as a victim is currency with the viewers, but it is fools gold.

We know the story.

Eventually the children will no longer be asked to participate. And then they will move from being victims to being angry.

And it will somehow be Christine's Robyn's fault.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 19
21 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

We've had evidence that Robyn is a hoarder and in particular collects Precious Moments figurines. I must say that it dawned on me recently that this is what the family is to her - not a lived daily experience that is the fabric of her daily life, but rather a precious moments figurine to be put on her shelf and only dusted off and interacted with when it suits or conveniences her, like holidays and birthdays. Nothing more, which is why she is hung up on the mythical porch with her sister wives. That is just a precious moments scene she wanted to act out with the OG3 before putting them back in storage or in the shelf collecting dust while she goes back to living monogamy with her husband and 5 kids.

Such a great insight about Robyn's perception and treatment of the others as objects!

• Like 9

Kody said that he "thoroughly vetted Robyn".  Clearly, the fact that she had over $40K in debt and her ex-husband being the one who filed for divorce weren't deal breakers.  I don't believe him, but I am willing to play devil's advocate.  I wonder what his non-negotiables were.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, applewood said:

I remember way back in season 1 or 2 there was a scene where the whole family had either gone out to eat or gone to the mall or something as as the group was walking back to the car a couple of Janelle's boys got onto an argument I think with Paedon  over something stupid like who's going to sit where in the van and they really got loud and a police officer told them to break it up. Two seconds later Kody came over and thanked the officer and said something like "I was going to punch both of them in the face in a minute." At the time I thought: What a crappy father. He's the adult in this situation. Model better behavior for your sons.

I  found the clip I was talking about. It was actually a mall cop that broke up the fight. And Kody said "he was going to beat both of them." Horrible example for his kids.

Oh, also I guess I was wrong. Paedon wasn't involved. it was just Garrison and Gabriel. my bad.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
43 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Kody said that he "thoroughly vetted Robyn".  Clearly, the fact that she had over $40K in debt and her ex-husband being the one who filed for divorce weren't deal breakers.  I don't believe him, but I am willing to play devil's advocate.  I wonder what his non-negotiables were.  

So let me see if I can briefly "speak Kody..."  He said David wouldn't have married Christine if David knew that Christine had left "a good man" in order to get re-married...which is supposedly why she is trash-talking Kody to everyone.  Because a man should never ever marry a woman who divorced a perfectly kind and decent man...it's part of the Man Code, I think.

So what does that mean for Kody and Robyn?  Did Robyn trash-talk her ex so that Kody could rest assured that Robyn had not left a "good man" in order to marry Kody?  Like, Kody could sleep well at night having snagged the Diesel Jeans model because her ex was crap?  That's interesting, because I think many of us recall the episode where Robyn dry-sobbed about Kody needing to adopt her kids because of that horrible cookie-stealer, then two scenes later she's packing up her kids to go visit Bad Dad for two weeks in Montana.

Gosh, is it possible that Robyn - gasp - exaggerated how awful her ex was so Kody could play knight in shining armor?  Meanwhile, we've all SEEN how disgusting Kody has been with Christine over these past 35 years of the show, so how can he sit there and suggest that he was a good man to her?

Never mind, I actually can't speak Kody.

• Like 9
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, applewood said:

I  found the clip I was talking about. It was actually a mall cop that broke up the fight. And Kody said "he was going to beat both of them." Horrible example for his kids.

Oh, also I guess I was wrong. Paedon wasn't involved. it was just Garrison and Gabriel. my bad.

They learned it from him.

• Like 9
On 12/17/2023 at 11:07 PM, TexasTiffany said:

I've thought several times that Kody must be playing up being the biggest a-hole he can be to get people watching. He's not that good of an actor. He really IS that horrible a-hole. 

Kody goes on and on how Christine is trash talking him. Dude, Christine is telling the truth about what happened. We've watched it for years. Christine is justified. Kody wants to shut her down any way he can. Yet, he's the one accusing her and trash talking her every second. What a hypocrite.

The kids lived it. Lived through it. Then see Kody lie about it on the show for years. 

Christine is sharing a bit more about what her sex life with Kody was like. He didn't kiss her even during sex. Made her feel inadequate. Ridiculed her even when intimate. She shouldn't have put up with that for years. She didn't deserve that. No wonder Kody is worried. The whole truth is starting to come to the surface. 

Yikes!!! Poor Christine. 
I haven’t had a chance to watch this all the way through, but every time I see Kody he looks paunchy so where are the abs that Janelle wants him for ???

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

To be crude, Kootie let little Kootie make the decision.  Thoroughly vetted, my arse!  😛

• Like 8
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

So let me see if I can briefly "speak Kody..."  He said David wouldn't have married Christine if David knew that Christine had left "a good man" in order to get re-married...which is supposedly why she is trash-talking Kody to everyone.  Because a man should never ever marry a woman who divorced a perfectly kind and decent man...it's part of the Man Code, I think.

So what does that mean for Kody and Robyn?  Did Robyn trash-talk her ex so that Kody could rest assured that Robyn had not left a "good man" in order to marry Kody?  Like, Kody could sleep well at night having snagged the Diesel Jeans model because her ex was crap?  That's interesting, because I think many of us recall the episode where Robyn dry-sobbed about Kody needing to adopt her kids because of that horrible cookie-stealer, then two scenes later she's packing up her kids to go visit Bad Dad for two weeks in Montana.

Gosh, is it possible that Robyn - gasp - exaggerated how awful her ex was so Kody could play knight in shining armor?  Meanwhile, we've all SEEN how disgusting Kody has been with Christine over these past 35 years of the show, so how can he sit there and suggest that he was a good man to her?

Never mind, I actually can't speak Kody.

lol

Great minds right? I am just sittin' here with my cuppa tea thinking this exact thing.

I think Kody's philosophy of a woman has to bad mouth her ex to get another man puts Robyn's bad mouthing her horrible abusive ex story to the possibly not true category.

In the back of my memory I remember a person randomly posted on Reddit aways back and supposedly they were a close relative of Preston. They said that Robyn was horrid and her spending destroyed his business and credit. That she hid purchases in a shed and denied they were hers when found. Naturally you take these things with a grain of salt, and as usual there were many people asking questions and the person never posted any follow up.

But again...Kody's hard vetting must not have included a credit report.

More things that make you go hmmmm...

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
40 minutes ago, dariafan said:

If he is this bad when being filmed , I don’t want to know what it is like when no filming 

When Gwen watched the knife in the kidney episode she said he’s worse off camera.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1

I was so confused by Robyn's statement that she couldn't be happy in her marriage/family until all of Kody's ex-wives told her to her face and off camera that they wanted her to be happy. What in the world?!? If I were Kody or her kids I would be insulted by that. 

Also - Kody has been talking so much about how Christine has been bad-mouthing him to their kids and turning their kids against him that I was waiting for some bombshell of what it was she had said to them. But instead, his "evidence" was that dinner table conversation when they were talking about how Kody had told Christine he was never attracted to her. That is not Christine badmouthing Kody, that is her just repeating what Kody himself has said to a National Television Audience! If he doesn't want his kids to think badly of him, perhaps he shouldn't be an asshole on television.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
5 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Hi did this in this episode when he said that somehow the mess with Christine and their kids was his responsibility because he married someone he wasn't in love with.  It all comes back to being Christine's fault or fate's fault or something, but not that he was cruel and withholding with his wife and kids.  He's just a hapless victim once again.  Not.

Someone upthread was asking about his bizarre statement about David taking him aside in the future to commiserate about how awful Christine is.  I think part of the fantasy is that he will be somehow vindicated in his horrible treatment of her if the husband who appears to love her now turns on her in the future.  He is so deep in his delusional world that he doesn't understand that most sane people don't work that way.  Even if David and Christine have disagreements, I don't see him turning on her and running to her sorta ex husband to talk about it.  I suspect his relationship with his own father is feeding this delusion.  

This was so delusional! Even Suki was giving him the side eye on that one. I also raised an eyebrow on his statement that "That's what men do when we get together. We complain about our wives." Is it, really? If so, that's a pretty sad statement on who his friends are and their marriages. I think he assumes that all men low-key hate their wives, and so therefore his marriage(s) are normal.

• Like 15
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JoannKBC said:

This was so delusional! Even Suki was giving him the side eye on that one. I also raised an eyebrow on his statement that "That's what men do when we get together. We complain about our wives." Is it, really? If so, that's a pretty sad statement on who his friends are and their marriages. I think he assumes that all men low-key hate their wives, and so therefore his marriage(s) are normal.

I agree, I rilly don't think Mr. Knight complains about me. He's an adut, maybe that's the difference between him and Kody.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So what does Robyn want - for each wife to come to her, curtsey, offer her a parting gift and say, "My Queen, you have won."  What the  - why??  They've all left Kody.  It's done.  Is she seriously telling us that in her warped brain, the OG3 are also actually still married to her until they tell her otherwise?  Man, Kody is completely and scarily delusional but Robyn is a very close second.  The conversations those two must have behind closed doors are probably darkly terrifying.

I took everything Robyn said with a grain of salt.  This is just her continuing attempt to garner sympathy from the audience (Robyn, got news for you- not happening).  She wants to appear to be the ever loyal sister wife who is just waiting for the other sister wives to green light her happily ever after.  She couldn't possibly be happy if they were upset, don'tcha know?  And, by the way, it needs to be off-camera because Robyn is implying that the other wives are just playing nice for the camera and audience (when Robyn is queen of that particular manipulation-- next week's preview of her hushing Kody and saying they are happy for Christine and David springs to mind).

• Like 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

Yikes!!! Poor Christine. 
I haven’t had a chance to watch this all the way through, but every time I see Kody he looks paunchy so where are the abs that Janelle wants him for ???

I think Kody must have a magic mirror in his closet of deep thoughts.
When he looks in it he sees a man with six-pack abs and a full head of hair and every man in the world wants to be him.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 12/17/2023 at 10:23 PM, Roslyn said:

If I knew I was going to be sittin' there on a couch in front of a camera...I would wear a blazer that didn't bunch up and look like it was picked up off the floor and ill fitting. Robyn has horrid posture and looks extra frumpy.

Probably to make her appear more sympathetic.  Didn’t work….

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 12/18/2023 at 12:23 AM, islandgal140 said:

All the words he is using to describe Christine - Machiavellian and cunning, is most applicable to that soulmate he loves so well! I hope one day the truth of that runs over him like the semi he claims Christine tried to run over him.

Maybe Kody should look up ‘projection’ in his word of the day calendar.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
On 12/18/2023 at 5:30 PM, General Days said:

Christine's older girls (i.e. not Truely) knew their mom wasn't being treated right.

All the older kids, particularly the ones that are already in marriages, could see without any visual assistance how badly Christine was treated.  Kody did nothing to change the narrative.

• Like 13
20 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

And Robyn's "we're so happy for Christine" wish was total sarcasm.  Mocking Christine for wishing her and Kody all the best.  Those two are the worst.

Producer driven, just like grandkids who are forced to say thank you to Grandma who gave them bunny pajamas at age 10.

Edited by b2H
Wonky comment
  • Like 4

Ode to a Robyn

Robyn Sullivan Jessop Brown

Just couldn’t make a tear come down. 

She’d rub her eyes and bite her lip

But alas, t’was ne’er a drip.

She’d wring her ear and pinch her skin 

And tug the hairs upon her chin.

She’d dig her nails into her head 

And twist her nipple ‘til it bled.

Her fists would be balled up and taut

And knees all tangled in a knot.

She’d squeeze and squeeze and squeeze some more

But not a tear could she implore. 

Dry as dust, after all she’d done

She couldn’t make her eyeballs run.

But she was determined to prove to all

That she’s the victim of the family squalls.

So she wrung her ear and pinched her skin

And tugged the hairs upon her chin.

She dug her nails into her head

And twisted her nipple ‘til it bled.

She balled her fists and weaved her knees

And took a breath, slow and deep,

And scrunched her eyes and bit her lip,

And after a prayer to Joseph Smith,

She tightened and tensed her gluteus max

And pushed and strained, willing tears to hatch.

And with a grunt, heard loud and grand,

Robyn Brown done shat her pants. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 12/17/2023 at 7:22 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Editing is weird tonight. After 2 snooze fests they are trying to use all of the video they took. 

I finally just got around to watching this, but am I to believe there’s another  episode?

Meri was very mature and gracious when talking about David and Christine and the wedding and whole situation in this episode. I hope she has truly moved on and found some peace. 

Suki gave Kody and Robyn multiple chances to act like mature adults and be gracious about the entire situation, and they pretty much passed on every one. Robyn passed on it with her histrionics and drama, and Kody passed on it with his continued hatred of Christine and his conspiracy theories. And that horrible line about how his kids have to come to him, since he apparently has no desire to reach back out. 

The scene where Christine is telling her kids about her lack of intimacy with Kody IS inappropriate, as is any shit that Christine has talked about Kody to her kids. I suspect that Christine's oldest daughters were parentified at a young age and have been her emotional crutch for a while. But I don't think Christine is purposely alienating them from Kody. It has always been Kody demanding that everyone choose "loyalty" to him over Christine. He is the one forcing them to take sides, not her.

• Like 8

I kept hoping that at least once, when Robyn was trying to fart out some tears, Suki would've reached into her pocket for a compact and touched up her lipstick or maybe pulled a book out from under her chair and started reading, while waiting for the latest round of histrionics to pass.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 10