Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E06: The Understatement of the Year

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I really don't think it was the money, although that probably didn't help. I will never forget the look on Kody's face when Logan said he was leaving to live on campus. Its right up there with Christine telling him to his face that she didn't want to be married to him anymore. It was utter shock and "shit, I'm fucked!" It was glorious!

I read your whole post, I just excerpted it above, so that my post wasn't long. I know what you say about parentified Logan is true. That said, I don't think Kody probably even realized how much of the day to day load Logan (and Aspyn!) carried. I don't think he was worried about what would happen, if Logan wasn't there to do that work, because to Kody, that would have been women's work, and he had four "wives."

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Actually, Robyn considered herself at risk because she had pneumonia once upon a time. She considered Solomon at risk because he had RSV. Robyn said, “it was bad enough that he nearly ended up in the hospital.”.

That's my recollection, too.

For what it's worth, two of my kids had RSV as little ones (but thankfully they weren't premies or newborns). They were so sick with it. They weren't hospitalized, but a respiratory therapist had to come to the house and teach me how to administer nebulizer treatments, and they also needed oral steroids. Their breathing was just wet and disgusting. It was awful.

For years after, anytime they got sick with anything, they would also develop bronchiolitis, and I'd have to give them nebulizer treatments (with Albuterol), and oral steroids. Eventually, the pedi gave us a different kind of med for the nebulizer that had a steroid in it.

Anyhow, this is all to say that Sol could be at increased risk from a Covid infection, beyond the normal risk for other healthy little kids. In 2020, I accompanied my youngest to the doctor (he was a young adult) for another issue, but we raised the subject of Covid, and that doctor was more concerned with him (at age 20), because of his RSV history.

Also, I've heard Robyn cough with a real bronchial sounding cough on the show before. She and Sol could be legitimately more at risk than other people.

Just because Robyn dramatizes, exaggerates, and lies a lot doesn't mean everything she says is untruthful.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 2
  • Useful 10
6 hours ago, General Days said:

At the time Kody referred to the tenders as "tender aged," Ariella was tender aged by most standards (which I've always understood to be five years old, but someone here, who uses the term in a professional capacity said they use it to refer to children age six and under).

During the Christmas episode she was still five but only by a matter of days.  By the time he was talking to Janelle she was already six and he was saying babies.  Talk about gaslighting.  Also I said HAS not HAD.  He has zero tender aged children at present.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Robyn had COVID, went to the ER, didn't sound bad, and was sent home.  Whatever risk she imagined didn't materialize.  

Well, I thought she did sound bad, but your point remains — Robyn was released, and she lived.

Regardless, there was no way to know whether you were going to be someone who died of Covid, ended up disabled from Covid, or if you would survive it like a flu and be fine. We didn't have antivirals for Covid then, and I think it was harder to get the monoclonal antibodies (if they were even available then -- between the Covid era making time meaningless for me, and this show running so far behind the current day, I can't sort it all out in my head).

Anyhow, it's pretty likely many of us here know people who have died from Covid (our family lost 3). In 2020 and 2021, it wasn't unreasonable to be cautious. It's not unreasonable to be cautious now.

What's unreasonable was Kody skipping Ysabel's major surgery, making his children wipe down their mail/groceries for two weeks before visiting for Christmas, and excoriating his wives for visiting their out-of-state children and grandchildren, yet feeling free to travel to officiate at Cletus's wedding.

To me, Kody's hypocrisy was so blatant, that everything else pales in comparison. Being worried about your kid who had a nasty case of RSV doesn't seem OTT to me.

1 minute ago, Absolom said:

During the Christmas episode she was still five but only by a matter of days.  By the time he was talking to Janelle she was already six and he was saying babies.  Talk about gaslighting.  Also I said HAS not HAD.  He has zero tender aged children at present.  

I saw that you said "has," but I don't think Kody has said the term in a while. It seems to me when he did use it, Ariella was still at an age where the term would reply. Honestly, I think I don't even notice when he uses it anymore, because the fandom uses it so much.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
34 minutes ago, General Days said:

Well, I thought she did sound bad, but your point remains

I need to claim near death more often then.  😁

I sound as bad as Robyn did when I have the common cold.  

She didn't even get close to how I sounded and looked with RSV and yet didn't waste anyone's time or resources in the ER.

I agree with the kids that "Kody's rules" had their origin with Robyn and her woe is me act.  I don't think Kody would be calling the two youngest kids babies at 6 and 10 without Robyn's influence.  She can deny it as long as she wants.  Perhaps she didn't physically put the list together, but she whined, moaned, and speculated Kody there.  

My sympathy with Robyn burned out a long time ago though.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2023 at 11:16 PM, TexasTiffany said:

When Kody and Janelle were talking at the restaurant, I wanted Janelle to stop leaving the door open for Kody to come back. She needs to end it. I sooo wanted her to say she is done with him for the last time and she's moving on. 

When Janelle speaks, the ugly Kody takes the opposite side, twisting whatever she says against her. Wake up, Janelle, that's not a caring person. Enemies do that. Kody has taken the enemy position. Please stop giving him ammo to hurt you. Move on. You are never going to convince him otherwise. 

It's good to see that Christine is moving on emotionally. Her kids are supportive. It's interesting that it's the children of the sister wives that act more like parents in showing the mother's how to live. Christine had high praise for her son in law and their marriage. 

Robyn was pretending surprise when Meri told her that Kody was done with her. It's like they don't watch this show. Kody has said that several times. Meri is finally making plans for her own life without Kody and Robyn having to approve. 

ITA with everyone who is glad there was minimal Robyn this episode.  Peach Pie for everyone!

peach-pie-11-500x500.jpg

WOOHOO!  Texas Tiffany!! Now if only you could actually send us some of this delicious looking pie IRL I'd be sooooo happy!!

• Like 8
On 9/25/2023 at 10:12 AM, islandgal140 said:

I thought the most interesting lil nugget dropped this episode was Kody mentioning that the current Robyn mansion was one that they planned to raise the tenderettes in for the next 15 years. In other words, he has no plans to pay off, build on or move to Coyote Pass for the forseeable future.  He really just told on himself. 

This is an interesting comment that I hadn't given any thought to and I agree, she probably took her own money (TLC or whatever MLM scheme she is a part of) and brought that RV. 

I feel mostly sorry for them. Those two tendrils are charged with the Herculean task of trying to cover Kody's horrible pattern male baldness.  Take away those 2 tendrils, and he would look like a Ben Franklin impersonator. 

Sister-Wives-Kody-Brown-Male-Pattern-Bal

That is just so tragic.  Spend the money Kody and get that huge, headband shaped hole filled in.  Jesus!  Do we have to think of everything??  

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 10
On 9/25/2023 at 1:20 PM, bichonblitz said:

Janelle is still in love with Kody and his pecs and abs. 

She called him honey and told him she misses him. 

I still find it difficult believing they were having good sex. Janelle is extremely overweight and I thought that was a turn off for Kody. Unless Janelle did some things the other wives didn't do....

Kody is obsessed with Christine leaving him. He can't have a conversation without talking about her, especially when he's with Janelle. 

I didn't used to think so but I am kinda leaning to her being the freak of the housewives.  I also think during Christine and Kody's restaurant scene, it almost looked like he still wanted her in the biblical sense.  He is spittin' mad but he wants what he cannot have.

Camera folk:  No more close ups of Tony.  For the love of god.  WE CANNOT TAKE IT! 

• Like 8
  • LOL 8
On 9/25/2023 at 10:10 AM, laurakaye said:

Yes to all of this.

JustJenn has that same smugness that Meri has - that of two 13-year old girls whispering to each other and giggling, and when people ask what's funny they both squeal, "it's an inside joke!!!"  Their Fridays With Friends are nothing more than that as well (at least for the 45-60 seconds I am able to watch before I get bored).  It was JustWeird for Jenn to play-act her deadpan "murder for hire" stuff during her first talking head on the show - it didn't land, except for Meri cackling in the background.

Kody's stupid curls were looking about as springy as we've ever seen them.  He probably still smelled like Toni Home Perm fumes.

As for the physical part of Kody and Janelle's relationship, she has said things in the past that indicate they had it going on, but I used to wonder if it greatly decreased or disappeared once Robyn came into the picture like it probably did with Christine and Meri.  Hearing Janelle talk, maybe not? - but that kind of makes it even weirder to me that he was sleeping with just Janelle and Robyn, excluding the other two.  And if Janelle was living mostly independently, then it wasn't like Kody was going over there to placate her with some Kody lovin'.  I've always been weirdly interested in their dynamic, but now I kind of don't want to know, lol.

Perhaps he was still physical with Janelle as a way of making her feel secure in the fambly so she would continue to hand over all her money to him and Sobbyn? Like still helping and contributing to the fambly cause.

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

That is just so tragic.  Spend the money Kody and get that huge, headband shaped whole filled in.  Jesus!  Do we have to think of everything??  

Not sure if he's still shaving the sides of his head like he used to when he wore the ponytail. He really should go get that gap filled in. I saw an influencer on Instagram went to Turkey and got his done there. Maybe Darcey and Stacey from 90 Days fame can give them some Turkish leads.  We could have a crossover episode. lol

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 5

So Kidney and Robyn bitch and whine about how the family is torn apart, but both do nothing to fix it. Kidney keeps blaming Christine for it but can't pick up the phone or even go see his kids. Robyn can't even remind Kidney to call Savannah because she's just so busy that she needs a nanny to do what? I still can't get over Robyn saying shit about a safe place, like the non Robyn kids were planning something evil or some shit. When confronted with him not calling Savannah, he couldn't come up with a reason because there wasn't one. 

He just amazes me with is thought process and loves to blame everyone else, when it's entirely his fault for not seeing or talking to his kids. The majority of them were right there, but Christine this and that. Seems Christine made the effort and came to Flagstaff for the family to have Christmas together.

It amazed me how he was so concerned about eating and was clearly dodging shit by stuffing his face instead of looking at Jenelle and being an adult and have a conversation. He was eating like he hadn't eaten in a year.

In the confessional, did his face look swollen? I'm in the camp, that he had work done on his face. 

It's almost like the more adult Kidney's kids get the more infantile he gets. 

• Like 15
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Lurk said:

Perhaps he was still physical with Janelle as a way of making her feel secure in the fambly so she would continue to hand over all her money to him and Sobbyn? Like still helping and contributing to the fambly cause.

So….Kodys a prostitute? 

• LOL 13
7 hours ago, toodywoody said:

It amazed me how he was so concerned about eating and was clearly dodging shit by stuffing his face instead of looking at Jenelle and being an adult and have a conversation. He was eating like he hadn't eaten in a year.

I think he was really thrown off his game by Janelle sitting there with her arms crossed, speaking in short sentences and sticking to a script of things she had decided in advance needed to be said. Eating gave him time to think of how to respond without screaming.

• Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Lurk said:

This would not surprise me at all, as well as Janelle doing her "oh rwarrrr!" thing when the man sported a ponytail.  He may have been using her physically for her money but also to retain at least one aspect of being an actual plyg man in his warped head.  Meanwhile, Janelle may have been using him equally in that way to get him to spend time at her house, since she likely knew that Kody had zero attraction to Christine and Meri in that way.  She may have thought, if this is all I have, I might as well use it.

I really need a tell-all book from Janelle because of all the relationships in this family, hers and Kody's remains the most mystifying to me.  

• Like 12
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2023 at 2:27 PM, 65mickey said:

I know legally that there is nothing that she can do if there is nothing in writing promising to pay the money back.  What I am speaking of is Janelle sayig to them ok guys I need the money that I gave to you to help buy your house. If they don't have the money it can come from the family account. If the money is not forthcoming then time for Janelle to expose them for the grifters that they are.  

I wonder, though, since all the plans have been filmed for years and can be used as evidence if a written contract is absolutely necessary.  This show may be a life saver for her. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 5

Enjoyed watching the scenes when they talked about Meri's mom, Bonnie.  We stayed at the B&B a couple of years ago, and she truly was a lovely hostess.  The place was immaculate, the breakfast (prepared by a local cook who came in to make breakfast) was delicious.

But as far as converting the B&B to allow for scheduling of more events, I can only wonder:  how many fancy events do they need space for in Parowan, Utah?  

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2023 at 4:20 PM, bichonblitz said:

Janelle is still in love with Kody and his pecs and abs. 

She called him honey and told him she misses him. 

I still find it difficult believing they were having good sex. Janelle is extremely overweight and I thought that was a turn off for Kody. Unless Janelle did some things the other wives didn't do....

Kody is obsessed with Christine leaving him. He can't have a conversation without talking about her, especially when he's with Janelle. 

So you are saying they didn't have good sex because Kody isn't attracted to Janelle because she is on the larger side? Because larger people can still have a good time.  I assume if it wasn't good, it's because of Kody.  I don't see how he scored 4 wives! 

Onto Tony and the flavors, I thought maybe Mykelti was only joking that he sampled them all? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Cherry Styles said:

So you are saying they didn't have good sex because Kody isn't attracted to Janelle because she is on the larger side? Because larger people can still have a good time.

Thank you for saying this, coz I've seen this slant from a number of people. Large people can be sexy and enjoy sex.  

Edited by altopower
To rephrase after a "time out"
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Cherry Styles said:

So you are saying they didn't have good sex because Kody isn't attracted to Janelle because she is on the larger side? Because larger people can still have a good time.

That is exactly what I'm saying. It's about Kody.  I said nothing about large people not having a good time. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

That is exactly what I'm saying. It's about Kody.  I said nothing about large people not having a good time. 

OK. I wasn't sure! So I had to ask.  I hope Janelle finds a good man, if she is looking.  

Edited by Cherry Styles
  • Like 4

Janelle makes perfect sense to me. I think she loved Kody, was physically attracted to him and believed in plural marriage. Kody’s motives are more confusing to me but also less interesting because I dislike him so intensely. I think he liked Janelle, loved that she made so few demands on him and contributed financially to the family and gave him sons. I think his ego was fed by Janelle’s attraction to him and her belief in polygamy. 

I found it fascinating that Kody really seems to want Janelle back and has some kind of emotional connection to her (or seems to). I got the vibe that he genuinely misses her. I think at one point they had a real friendship and connection. 

With Christine, I don't think Kody ever even liked her, and he sure as hell doesn't miss her. Keeping her around was just about power. With poor Meri, I feel like Kody would step over her dying in the street without a second thought. Neither Christine or Meri were cut out to share a man and live polygamy, but Janelle really seemed okay with the sharing aspect. I don't think it really bothered her until Kody tried to kick out her sons. 

• Like 24
14 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Janelle makes perfect sense to me. I think she loved Kody, was physically attracted to him and believed in plural marriage. Kody’s motives are more confusing to me but also less interesting because I dislike him so intensely. I think he liked Janelle, loved that she made so few demands on him and contributed financially to the family and gave him sons. I think his ego was fed by Janelle’s attraction to him and her belief in polygamy. 

This is why Kody's arguments with Janelle make no sense to anyone not named Kody.  I also think he loved the fact that Janelle put fewer demands on him but that's because she was off living her own life and doing her own thing, knowing full well she'd only have him around a couple of times a week, if that.  But now he has this huge problem with her doing her own thing without him.  I can see why she's so frustrated and angry - she did what she thought he wanted and needed from her for decades - he never said anything to indicate that he wanted anything else from her except a friend with benefits - and only now is he getting on her for living the life that worked for both of them until their sons grew up and decided that their dad was a moron.   

2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I found it fascinating that Kody really seems to want Janelle back and has some kind of emotional connection to her (or seems to). I got the vibe that he genuinely misses her. I think at one point they had a real friendship and connection. 

I got that vibe as well, but I wonder how the Dark Queen fills about Kody actually having true fillings for another woman?  Maybe they have a dill where once every three months Kody goes over for a lil' Kody time with Janelle and while he's gone, Robyn can watch QVC and buy whatever she wants until he gets home?  That would be a win for all of them, because I have the filling that once Janelle is done with him, she'd prefer he just left and went back home.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, HoneyBeach said:

This is where all her fears and concerns go out the door for me and I have to call BS. If nobody in the family was even going anywhere anyway, why the need for a nanny in the first place?

Robyn has had a nanny from the time they moved to Vegas. She’s either had a family member living with her or a paid nanny watching her kids. Even when she and Kody had their ridiculous 11 day honeymoon, her kids stayed with her parents. Meri, Christine, and Janelle had to ask permission to include them with the rest of the family outings while they were gone. She’s never taken care of them 100% on her own and has never wanted the other wives to watch them either. She’s always kept herself separate while “crying” about how they were never accepted. 

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Like 13
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Robyn has had a nanny from the time they moved to Vegas. She’s either had a family member living with her or a paid nanny watching her kids. Even when she and Kody had their ridiculous 11 day honeymoon, her kids stayed with her parents. Meri, Christine, and Janelle had to ask permission to include them with the rest of the family outings while they were gone. She’s never taken care of them 100% on her own and has never wanted the other wives to watch them either. She’s always kept herself separate while “crying” about how they were never accepted. 

Yeah, so she never needed one but HAD to have one. Just one of the myriad reasons I don't like her.  Robyn hasn't "worked" like the other 3 but has had more "resources" handed to her.

• Like 15
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Kellyee said:

With Christine, I don't think Kody ever even liked her, and he sure as hell doesn't miss her. Keeping her around was just about power. With poor Meri, I feel like Kody would step over her dying in the street without a second thought. Neither Christine or Meri were cut out to share a man and live polygamy, but Janelle really seemed okay with the sharing aspect. I don't think it really bothered her until Kody tried to kick out her sons.

I suspect Janelle was Kody's "buddy wife". He didn't have the dread of being confronted by those pesky wimmin's emotions when he went there, they could have real conversations about both religion as well as business/finance/politics. His sons were in her house and were those manly types that also were into politics and sports for him to relive the glory days of high school wrestling. Janelle was his buddy. What happens physically has been speculated, but the one thing I have learned in my post 50's life is that there are many kinds of intimacy and emotional intimacy is just as powerful as physical intimacy.

Also speculation, but Kody has given enough clues that he has been online in the hateful women hating groups. So even his buddy Janelle is getting the vitriol that he is filling his head with. Losing her means losing his (truly) best buddy that has stuck by him all these years. She may have pushed back, moved out for a bit, butted heads with him, but in the end she always went back and followed him, until now.

After the Christmas story of Kody showering Christine with Christmas presents while Meri sits quietly with nothing...I am more convinced that Kody brought Christine in to 1.) Stick it to Meri and 2.) take Meri's focus off of Janelle. He is only angry that she left him because she had always sucked it up for the family before and she played him financially and won.

• Like 6
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2

With poor Meri, I feel like Kody would step over her dying in the street without a second thought.

It's awful but I think Kody would like nothing better than for the Meri situation to resolve itself, regardless of what that would mean for Meri. 

• Like 12
5 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Even when she and Kody had their ridiculous 11 day honeymoon, her kids stayed with her parents. Meri, Christine, and Janelle had to ask permission to include them with the rest of the family outings while they were gone.

And yet she keeps claiming that her kids were never fully accepted and excluded by the others. The others really tried.

It’s such a shame that her twisted view of reality has completely poisoned the minds of her kids. She taught them to distrust others, undermined their confidence by constantly telling them how unwanted they were, and taught them to despise others. And it’s mostly based on lies…

• Like 7
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, LilyD said:

It’s such a shame that her twisted view of reality has completely poisoned the minds of her kids. She taught them to distrust others, undermined their confidence by constantly telling them how unwanted they were, and taught them to despise others. And it’s mostly based on lies…

Hmmmm sounds like a cult.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

The comments are this forum keep me laughing! I think Kody might win for reality douche with the most nicknames..the Kodster/Grodster, Grody, Kodouche, Kodick...to name a few. Lol

Janelle kept her calm, didn't roll her eyes, buttered him up just enough (well I think it was fake, so margarined him up) and led him on with the counseling offer. She loves and misses the "him" of xmas past, she knows counseling with him is 1 and done, she's gonna keep it nice-ish because fighting with her ogre of "husband" is futile 

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
27 minutes ago, J80134 said:

The comments are this forum keep me laughing! I think Kody might win for reality douche with the most nicknames..the Kodster/Grodster, Grody, Kodouche, Kodick...to name a few. Lol

Janelle kept her calm, didn't roll her eyes, buttered him up just enough (well I think it was fake, so margarined him up) and led him on with the counseling offer. She loves and misses the "him" of xmas past, she knows counseling with him is 1 and done, she's gonna keep it nice-ish because fighting with her ogre of "husband" is futile 

Margined him up!!! That is hilarious! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
On 9/27/2023 at 3:31 PM, Orcinus orca said:

OK, they really need to add a barf icon

🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮   😁

5 hours ago, J80134 said:

The comments are this forum keep me laughing! I think Kody might win for reality douche with the most nicknames..the Kodster/Grodster, Grody, Kodouche,

I'm liking 'Kidney' myself    😆😂

6 minutes ago, suev3333 said:

🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮   😁

😆😂  how do I delete emojis on here?   Arghhh

Edited by suev3333
Messed up stuff
  • LOL 3
20 hours ago, Roslyn said:

After the Christmas story of Kody showering Christine with Christmas presents while Meri sits quietly with nothing...I am more convinced that Kody brought Christine in to 1.) Stick it to Meri and 2.) take Meri's focus off of Janelle. He is only angry that she left him because she had always sucked it up for the family before and she played him financially and won.

So, let's tally this up, shall we?

Kody married Meri because she was a blank slate wallflower who was rilly into him, and that fed his ego.

He married Janelle because she had a "vision" or something that she belonged with him and that further fed his ego.

He married Christine because she was plyg royalty even though he couldn't stand the sight of her, but needed someone - ANYONE - to get in there and keep Meri and Janelle from ripping each other's throats out.  Also Christine rilly had the hots for the Kodester and an ego, once fed, demands more.

He married Robyn on Meri's suggestion, and was like - whoa.  Skinny.  Cute.  Adores me.  A damsel in distress.  A place I can escape to when the Big Three are driving me insane.  Cool!  Also, a free wedding and honeymoon from TLC!

I will always think that Kody married the first three because they wanted him, proving to those high school doubters what a desirable manly-man he was, not necessarily because he was called to practice polygamy or was actually in love with them as much as he was with himself.  It just so happened that his parents joined a faith that feeds the kind of ego Kody has.

Then he had a bunch of littles who also adored him.  But it's clear that once any member of his family gets past that adoration stage and starts to see who he rilly is, he's got no more use for those people.  In the end, he will be stuck with Robyn, Aurora and Ariabelliobla.

• Like 9
  • Applause 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/27/2023 at 7:29 AM, laurakaye said:

This would not surprise me at all, as well as Janelle doing her "oh rwarrrr!" thing when the man sported a ponytail.  He may have been using her physically for her money but also to retain at least one aspect of being an actual plyg man in his warped head.  Meanwhile, Janelle may have been using him equally in that way to get him to spend time at her house, since she likely knew that Kody had zero attraction to Christine and Meri in that way.  She may have thought, if this is all I have, I might as well use it.

I really need a tell-all book from Janelle because of all the relationships in this family, hers and Kody's remains the most mystifying to me.  

When Kody referred to he and Janelle having some sort of renaissance after the move to Vegas, I admit I got a little squicked.  That must have been his thank you to her for using her 401K to pay for the move to be near Sobbins dad.  Ok, not a proven theory about the move, but I am going with it just cause.

On 9/27/2023 at 1:07 PM, altopower said:

Thank you for saying this, coz I've seen this slant from a number of people. Large people can be sexy and enjoy sex.  

One of the women I used to work with was a very voluptuous woman.  Probably the sexiest woman around.  She rocked those curves.  I think Janelle is a little sexpot behind closed doors!

• Like 7
On 9/28/2023 at 11:45 AM, Elizzikra said:

It's awful but I think Kody would like nothing better than for the Meri situation to resolve itself, regardless of what that would mean for Meri. 

It is like in Office Space where Bill Lumberg says they 'fixed the glitch' re Milton (and his red stapler).  HA!  That movie is why I have a red swingline stapler.

Even though I have had quite strong views on Meri, I want her to have a life that Sobbin is envious of whatever that means.  

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

to be honest, he's okay for his age....but not worth panting over. 

You can tell he only works out the vanity muscles. Don't skip leg day, kootie.

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

One of the women I used to work with was a very voluptuous woman.  Probably the sexiest woman around.  She rocked those curves.  I think Janelle is a little sexpot behind closed doors!

I bet Janelle is not afraid to ask for what she wants, and gives as good as she gets.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
On 9/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, WhatsUpDummy said:

Even when she and Kody had their ridiculous 11 day honeymoon...

...and yet she mystifyingly wonders how it all fell apart!

On 9/28/2023 at 2:35 PM, Roslyn said:

She may have pushed back, moved out for a bit, butted heads with him, but in the end she always went back and followed him, until now.

I think Kodouche had an inkling that this time may be different, or at least that this time is serious, when he saw her at lunch and she didn't stand up and hug him on her own, and he said something about "you didn't think I'd come in and kiss you on the mouth?" It's like he was making a big deal that he had done that, because he needed to show her some (in his mind) grand gesture.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I don't believe for one second that Kody has romantic feelings for Janelle and wants her to say with the family anymore than her wants Meri to stay.  I believe that what Kody feels if Janelle packs up and leaves is fear. Janelle knows more about the family finances, the accounts what's in the accounts and where the money has been going than she has let on. She said this last season and again this season when she said that this money was meant for paying off the Coyote Pass property so that they could start building but money had been used for "other purposes."  I hope that someone has been talking with Janelle about hiring an attorney and a forensic accountant to see how much of the family savings has been pulled out by Kody and where that money went. If she walks away without putting forth some effort shame on her. Right now if they sell the entire Coyote Pass property guess who gets the lion's share? Kody will because his name is on all of the lots even those with Janelle's and Meri's names.  I am hoping that Janelle's quiet demeanor at lunch meant that she is keeping him in the dark about her plans.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 9/26/2023 at 8:04 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Jenn likes Meri because she gets to appear on tv and get a paycheck from the show! 

I disagree. Whatever else we may learn about her, Jenn has never gone to the media to talk about Meri or the show afaik. I think that's the mark of a true friend in this situation. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 9/29/2023 at 8:35 AM, laurakaye said:

So, let's tally this up, shall we?

Kody married Meri because she was a blank slate wallflower who was rilly into him, and that fed his ego.

He married Janelle because she had a "vision" or something that she belonged with him and that further fed his ego.

He married Christine because she was plyg royalty even though he couldn't stand the sight of her, but needed someone - ANYONE - to get in there and keep Meri and Janelle from ripping each other's throats out.  Also Christine rilly had the hots for the Kodester and an ego, once fed, demands more.

He married Robyn on Meri's suggestion, and was like - whoa.  Skinny.  Cute.  Adores me.  A damsel in distress.  A place I can escape to when the Big Three are driving me insane.  Cool!  Also, a free wedding and honeymoon from TLC!

I will always think that Kody married the first three because they wanted him, proving to those high school doubters what a desirable manly-man he was, not necessarily because he was called to practice polygamy or was actually in love with them as much as he was with himself.  It just so happened that his parents joined a faith that feeds the kind of ego Kody has.

Then he had a bunch of littles who also adored him.  But it's clear that once any member of his family gets past that adoration stage and starts to see who he rilly is, he's got no more use for those people.  In the end, he will be stuck with Robyn, Aurora and Ariabelliobla.

This is a great summary of the marriages and makes so much sense to me.  Kody is a narcissist and center of his universe.  I always felt bad for the other wives (well, Janelle and Christine) because he put Robyn on a pedestal and gave her everything she wanted (and more!). But, now that they are leaving and starting a new life, it is apparent that Kody was the booby prize that Robyn won.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1