Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E06: The Understatement of the Year

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Christine reveals she's hired a matchmaker; Meri makes plans to move her business but worries about how Robyn will take the news; Janelle meets with Kody for the first time since their huge fight and asks if he still wants a plural marriage.

Air Date: September 24, 2023

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, General Days said:

I just watched live, and I haven't really had time to process yet, but was this a Robyn-free episode?

If so, I feel like there should have been cake.

ALMOST.  We got her talking head though about the dumbass apology Douchie commanded from Gabe and Garrison.  She SAID she didn't want one.  SUURREE Sobbyn.

• Like 12
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 8
3 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

ALMOST.  We got her talking head though about the dumbass apology Douchie commanded from Gabe and Garrison.  She SAID she didn't want one.  SUURREE Sobbyn.

Ah right! I knew it was too good to be true. 

(I had a piece of cheesecake anyhow though). 

Edited by General Days
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
2 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I think that was a re-tread TH.

I ate an apple fritter instead of cake.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

When Kody and Janelle were talking at the restaurant, I wanted Janelle to stop leaving the door open for Kody to come back. She needs to end it. I sooo wanted her to say she is done with him for the last time and she's moving on. 

When Janelle speaks, the ugly Kody takes the opposite side, twisting whatever she says against her. Wake up, Janelle, that's not a caring person. Enemies do that. Kody has taken the enemy position. Please stop giving him ammo to hurt you. Move on. You are never going to convince him otherwise. 

It's good to see that Christine is moving on emotionally. Her kids are supportive. It's interesting that it's the children of the sister wives that act more like parents in showing the mother's how to live. Christine had high praise for her son in law and their marriage. 

Robyn was feigning surprise when Meri told her that Kody was done with her. It's like they don't watch this show. Kody has said that several times. Meri is finally making plans for her own life without Kody and Robyn having to approve. 

ITA with everyone who is glad there was minimal Robyn this episode.  Peach Pie for everyone!

peach-pie-11-500x500.jpg

Yes to to your entire post and Thank You, I LOVE peach pie!

• Like 13
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, BnJJ said:

This man-child is so out of touch with reality. 

No he's spouting off about Janelle only wanting him for the resources she gets from him (and his abs and pecs 🙄) after she contributed her inheritance, cashed in her 401K, and contributed to Robin's mansion?!

He is something else.

Other than his massive ego, I don't see any reason he'd care if Janelle left.  While in the car with Nathan he clearly said that there is one wife that he is in love with.  That ain't Janelle.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

Kody continually refusing to take responsibility for cutting Janelle's kids out is mind blowing. He also thinks she is just after money because she feels insecure that nothing is in her name?  Like she said, the disconnect is wild!

• Like 23

They’re getting close to the timeline of Robyn’s stepfather passing away (February 22nd). Perhaps that’s why there wasn’t much Robyn. I don’t know if he was ill for a while before passing. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 8
8 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

So glad that Janelle stayed calm this time talking to Kody.

It really blows his mind when the wives won’t engage in his nonsense babbling arguments.

I wonder if she took some pointers from Christine to shut his shit down.

I hope Christine passed on the name of whoever she talked to before leaving Kody.
Remaining calm and silent must have been really hard for Christine during Kody’s manic monologues when he was desperate for her to grovel and beg to stay married to him. He is still not over the fact that she is so much happier without him.

Janelle needs to get more angry about the financial mess her life is in and hold Kody to account.

Edited by Shelbie
  • Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Jannelle  did remain calm and she got some good points in. However Kody has the attention span of a flea and he can’t stop talking long enough for anyone to get out more than three words.

As soon as Janelle was close to making a point or forcing an answer Kootie wanderedf off in a completely different direction.

She had the chance to nail him about ghosting Savanah and she didn't.  "Well, um, ah....I am a victim, Christine left me, I'm suffering, blah, blah, blah."  Grab that knife and shove it in, Janelle, make him own up to at least one horrible thing he has done.  Make him own up to treating his daughter like crap.

I thought this whole thing was a total snoozefest.  The Christine part was boring.  The Meri part was boring.  The Janelle part was the endless loop of Kootie as vicitim and Janelle as penniless and unable to commit to leaving. The only bright part was no Sobbyn.

• Like 19
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

"Well, um, ah....I am a victim, Christine left me, I'm suffering, blah, blah, blah."

When he does this, I’m convinced it’s because he hadn’t rehearsed with Robyn. He did it during a meeting about going back to school in person too.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

It's such a stark contrast between what Janelle says during her lunch appointment with Kody and in her talking heads when she really goes off on him. I hope that means these were filmed more recently and she woke up and realized that Kody and Robyn played her like a fiddle.  I also hope that she got an attorney and stands her ground about her finances. She needs professional help to get her finances untangled from the family.  Kody and Roby need to return all of the money that she gave them to help buy the million $ home. If not she needs to expose them for the scoundrels that they are. 

I wonder where she got the money to purchase the RV. I am sure if she took it out of the family savings Kody would h ave thrown that in her face. 

• Like 17

During the lunch scene all I was thinking about was that Kody looks like he has been dabbling in fillers and botox, and maybe chemical peels. I think Kody's puffed up his lips and cheeks.

And Kody looks like he's had a brow lift or done something with his eyes too.

He looks unnatural, not hot. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Kody and Roby need to return all of the money that she gave them to help buy the million $ home. If not she needs to expose them for the scoundrels that they are. 

Legally, that depends on what Janelle has in writing. Was the money a gift, or was it a loan and she had them sign an agreement that they would pay it back? I don't really feel bad for her about the money situation. Janelle was a total idiot to hand Robyn and Kody even a dime of the profit she got from the Las Vegas house. She let them buy a mansion while she and Savannah sat in the small rental home and then the RV. In many ways, Janelle failed Savannah too. She gave up a lot to make Kody happy, at the expense of financial security for her kids. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I get irrationally angry whenever Meri’s friend shows up. I am sure she’s a very nice lady and a supportive friend, but Christ, she grated onscreen. 

Anyone else disgusted by Kody eating and those two curls falling over his face? 

Janelle looked beautiful this episode. We can all agree that much of their connection was an intensely physical one, right? In so many words, that’s what I thought was implied. 

• Like 18
  • Love 1

I am so very proud of Janelle! This meeting with Kodouche she was calm, she was thoughtful, she was honest. When he wanted a hug, I wish she had kicked him in the shin. Why can't the man drink a cold beverage?? He came in all breezy, like no big deal, let's laugh off our last fight, even offered a throwaway "I'm sorry." She was having none of it. She was so right that to be a successful polygamist, he is supposed to keep his feelings about each marriage separate. He needs to shut up about Christine when he is talking to Janelle!!!!!  I love that he looked like she kicked him in the gut when she said she wanted to stay separated. And when he says he always thought Janelle's previous leaving were due to sister wife issues. Newsflash Kody: YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!! I am so glad she mentioned he hadn't talked to Savannah in 6 weeks; I only wish she had made him say why he hadn't. He hemmed and hawed, accusing Janelle and Christine of being mean girls. What does that have to do with his daughter that he is freezing out?? When she said he only cared about the little kids during Covid: BINGO!!!!!!! Hey jackhole Kodouche, you had numerous young children, not just the ones at Robyn's mansion. 

Imagine how much Meri could do at the B&B if she wasn't wasting thousands of dollars every month on a rental in Flagstaff!!!

• Like 23
9 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Why is Kody so scared of ice water?

He could not have moved that glass any quicker or with more distain.

I guess the devil doesn’t like to be cooled down.

Teeth problems ?

I have a sinking suspicion that Kody didn't realize that he did not call Savannah in any way until Janelle told him at that table. He had zero come back. But naturally had much to say in a talking head. I would love to know the actual dates that he did finally "bring her some Christmas". Who, besides Robyn, phrases it that way ?

• Like 20
34 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I get irrationally angry whenever Meri’s friend shows up. I am sure she’s a very nice lady and a supportive friend, but Christ, she grated onscreen. 

Janelle looked beautiful this episode. We can all agree that much of their connection was an intensely physical one, right? In so many words, that’s what I thought was implied. 

Yes to all of this.

JustJenn has that same smugness that Meri has - that of two 13-year old girls whispering to each other and giggling, and when people ask what's funny they both squeal, "it's an inside joke!!!"  Their Fridays With Friends are nothing more than that as well (at least for the 45-60 seconds I am able to watch before I get bored).  It was JustWeird for Jenn to play-act her deadpan "murder for hire" stuff during her first talking head on the show - it didn't land, except for Meri cackling in the background.

Kody's stupid curls were looking about as springy as we've ever seen them.  He probably still smelled like Toni Home Perm fumes.

As for the physical part of Kody and Janelle's relationship, she has said things in the past that indicate they had it going on, but I used to wonder if it greatly decreased or disappeared once Robyn came into the picture like it probably did with Christine and Meri.  Hearing Janelle talk, maybe not? - but that kind of makes it even weirder to me that he was sleeping with just Janelle and Robyn, excluding the other two.  And if Janelle was living mostly independently, then it wasn't like Kody was going over there to placate her with some Kody lovin'.  I've always been weirdly interested in their dynamic, but now I kind of don't want to know, lol.

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
35 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

He said it was because it’s winter and it’s cold outside so he doesn’t want to drink cold water. Like there’s no heat in the restaurant.

Or no heat in his body. By the time it reached his gut, it would be body temperature...unless be happens to be cold blooded like a reptile...

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7
9 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Or no heat in his body. By the time it reached his gut, it would be body temperature...unless be happens to be cold blooded like a reptile...

Honestly, he should just order a glass of lemonade and ask the waiter to microwave it until it boils.  It would save the lives of thousands of lemons.

Also, when Janelle informed Kody that he hadn't spoken to Savanah in six weeks, he sat there and mumbled "everyone....." and then abruptly trailed off.  It's like the Robyn-controlled portion of his brain misfired.  As someone above astutely pointed out, it's clear that he never gave Savanah a second thought, otherwise he and Robyn would've rehearsed his excuses and he wouldn't have sat there trying to remember which one was Savanah.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 14
  • Sad 13
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I mean, he has to spend a LOT of time in front of the mirror making those curls look "just so", right?  And his remark about his sexy pecs and abs made me gasp out loud, coming from someone with the shoulders of a ten-year old. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 13

I didn’t get Jenn’s joke about murder for hire until half an hour later. Yes, she was hired to murder bugs. 

But this brings up another question. How often do people become best friends with someone they hired for a professional service? The closest I’ve ever come was that my former yoga teacher and I comment on each other’s Instagram occasionally. Please let me know (in the chat thread) how often this happens because maybe this is the secret to making friends as an adult. 

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

In many ways, Janelle failed Savannah too. She gave up a lot to make Kody happy, at the expense of financial security for her kids. 

Which was why Janelle looked so shocked when Robyn announced that her assets were to go to her kids.  Clearly, it didn't occur to her that her assets should go to her kids.  I would bet good money that Kody is her only beneficiary.  I wanted to hurl when she told him how much she loves and misses him.    

• Like 13
  • Sad 5

Also, I can't think of anything more romantic than spending Valentine's Day with my mother-in-law. Not.

Shut up, Mykelti. Can't stand her constant preening. Also, I guess I'm a prude, but talking about my mother's sex life with her is not my idea of a fun time.

We got almost no Robyn, which felt great, but then we got annoying Jenn. We just  can't have it all, can we?

• Like 12
  • LOL 9
40 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I didn’t get Jenn’s joke about murder for hire until half an hour later. Yes, she was hired to murder bugs.  

And I didn't get it until I just read your post.  Oh, that wacky Meri and JustJenn.  What crazy stories will they think of next to keep us all LOL-ing?

3 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I thought the most interesting lil nugget dropped this episode was Kody mentioning that the current Robyn mansion was one that they planned to raise the tenderettes in for the next 15 years. In other words, he has no plans to pay off, build on or move to Coyote Pass for the forseeable future.  

I did some quick math when he said that - in 15 years Airabellibloa will be 21 years old.  Hahahaha, as if she's moving out at 21.  41, maybe.  And hopefully still swinging from the chandeliers and keeping Kody up all night.

Heck, Aurora, Brianna and Sol will probably still be there, too  (I have modest hopes that Day'un will someday live in peace and quiet somewhere in the middle of nowhere with no forwarding address).

• Like 21