Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Hiding In and Moving Out

Pallas
  • Start Topic

Well loved this episode!! Lots of Dan & Louise which was awesome (as usual) I felt bad for Louise being scared to be out in the world after just touring all the time and Dan should have listened to her and her feelings from the start, but I'm glad he did in the end even if it was a bit slow. I loved that they went out and picked up a new bed together and got rid of the waterbed finally and their ending scene was very cute, but I have to admit I was disappointed as I wanted to see their new bed, 

Now onto Harris I called it - a miscarriage which I'm relieved about because I'm sorry, but Harris is not responsible enough to  have a kid, sure it was sad, but she needs to get her life together first. I know she's supposed to be in her 20's or close to it, but still having a baby is a big responsibility among other things for anyone no matter what and she's just not ready and wouldn't have been anyway if nothing had happened.

Mary's back which was great!!! 

I loved that we started with a Dan & Louise scene and ended with one... loved that!! 

• Like 13
9 minutes ago, ESS said:

Well loved this episode!! Lots of Dan & Louise which was awesome (as usual) I felt bad for Louise being scared to be out in the world after just touring all the time and Dan should have listened to her and her feelings from the start, but I'm glad he did in the end even if it was a bit slow. I loved that they went out and picked up a new bed together and got rid of the waterbed finally and their ending scene was very cute, but I have to admit I was disappointed as I wanted to see their new bed, 

Now onto Harris I called it - a miscarriage which I'm relieved about because I'm sorry, but Harris is not responsible enough to  have a kid, sure it was sad, but she needs to get her life together first. I know she's supposed to be in her 20's or close to it, but still having a baby is a big responsibility among other things for anyone no matter what and she's just not ready and wouldn't have been anyway if nothing had happened.

Mary's back which was great!!! 

I loved Louise's frustration with the waterbed. Her rant about people having walk in showers and chairs that can carry them upstairs, and here she is with this waterbed, was great :D. 

I'm glad that Dan came around and realized he hadn't really heard her out initially with her concerns, too. I hope she can find a way to channel her skills and talents into something new that she also enjoys doing, and which is just as fulfilling for her in its own way. 

(Also liked Dan commenting on how people in movies who drive all over the place never get a ticket, and Louise being like, "But this time, it's personal!")

I agree with you on Harris, too, though I totally understand her reacting as she did to Darlene's comments. Even if and when one knows deep down that they're not ready for such a big step, it's still tough to hear those kinds of comments all the same, especially if you're feeling conflicted about the whole situation. 

I liked seeing Mary pop up, too. I swear she and Mark are competing for who can get taller at this point :p. It'll be interesting to see how Mark will react to this new "room" of his :p. 

• Like 5

Darlene might not want to say it, but I will:

THANK GOD Harris isn't pregnant anymore. 

I'll give this show credit: they got me here. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Louise says she’s never done anything but tour with the band…. So we’ve retconned  her managing the Mexican restaurant that Becky worked at?   

so what was the point of the show having Harris be pregnant? 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3

So Harris had a miscarriage, as a person who has a niece who is not mom material but trying her best I guess (yes same niece I commented about in the last episode thread) I would never be insensitive about a miscarriage if she were to ever have one or another relative to have one (which one of my other nieces did have one).

like yeah whatever Harris had a miscarriage that great…would have made more sense if they did a small time jump with her two months along or something.  But sometimes even if the person didn’t want the baby, or was getting use to the idea of being pregnant, sometimes the emotions will hit and will hit hard. Months after.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Her rant about people having walk in showers and chairs that can carry them upstairs, and here she is with this waterbed, was great

She said people their age have walk-in bathtubs and chairs that can lift to help them out. How old are Dan and Louise supposed to be? Because walk-in tubs and lift chairs are for elderly people, like over 80 (unless they’re disabled, but Louise made it an age issue). She’s a singer in a bar band that tours, but she’s also so elderly she yearns for nursing home accoutrements? Okay. 

I enjoy Louise as a character, but I find her hairstyle to be atrocious. That flat-head do with the bangs just emphasizes her oddly large face. You’d think it wouldn’t, but it does. 

And I love John Goodman, but I wish they’d address the denture issue. Either mention it or fix it. It’s just uncomfortable and awkward at this point.

Why did they build an entire new house for Darlene & Co. and not put in enough bedrooms? She has 2 kids; there should be enough bedrooms for them for when they visit, even if they don’t live there as they grow up. Guest rooms, people. And Becky should not be taking a room there if Darlene’s own child has to sleep in a window alcove. These people are so stupid. I think I’m with those who hate-watch.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

Well, thank goodness Harris isn't going to be having a baby now after all.  It's a total fucking cop-out to write it as a miscarriage rather than the abortion she'd have logically opted for, but that's American network television for you, so I'll take it.

Moot point, obviously, but Harris can get stuffed with refusing any and all hand-me-downs.  "You get pregnant, can't support yourself, and move back in with your mom" as a family tradition means you need to save your limited income for all the things you have to buy new and maybe a particular piece or two.

Sara and Lecy gave great face when Darlene and Becky reacted to Harris saying she was cramping.  Same with Laurie when they came home.  Darlene and Harris had a great conversation afterward about the conflicting emotions Harris is feeling.  Becky and Jackie were good in what they said, too.

But Harris and Darlene are miserable living together, which is why they haven't done so for a couple of years now, so why doesn't Harris just stay at Dan's rather than displacing Mark like that?!  Darlene has several weeks until she starts her new job, so she could come spend plenty of time with Harris while she's freshly processing.  That part is stupid, and unfair.

It's sad Louise is done touring, so I hope it's really something she wants given she has nothing other than Dan waiting for her back in Lanford.  If she's not ready to retire completely, she's not ready.  Just because Dan wishes he could doesn't mean she's the same.  It's good he realized in short order he was being selfish.  It's weird how they included the Casa Bonita musicians, yet wrote dialogue that acted like she had no restaurant management experience, and had been touring for most of her life (when, in reality, it had been a long time since she last had before the opportunity came along a few years ago).

I'd forgotten about the stupid waterbed.  (And what the actual hell was that ugly, aggressive eagle/flag thing behind it?!  Glad that's gone!)

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
(edited)

What was the point of Harris being pregnant, other than to write her as even more of an obnoxious person than usual? Nope, no hand-me-downs for Harris's kid, whose mother moves from one family member to another when she isn't making bad boyfriend decisions. I am grateful to the writers that I do not have to suffer though Harris being pregnant, but it would be nice if it gave her a wake up call to maybe get her life together. OTOH it hasn't worked for any Connor so far so I won't hold my breath.

I have never bought Dan and Louise as a couple. I know they had a relationship before Dan and Rosanne, but I don't see anything attractive about Dan and his living situation at this stage of his life. I like the actor playing Louise (and loved her in 8 Simple Rules) but don't buy her in this role. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 15
  • Applause 2

That was an interesting fake out with the pregnancy. 🙄 But Harris continues to show how she wasn't ready to be a Mom with her attitude on no handme down and using her pregnancy to not do anything.  I hope Louise home from tour for good means more Lousie. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I was expecting a miscarriage plot (show's too chicken for an abortion or adoption plot). The writing and acting was very good for what it was. But show giveth with one hand and taketh with the other - i.e. what's with the idiotic idea of settling Mark into a corner of the living room? He needs a room for study and practice. I predict that we will be treated with some comedic relief when he tries to practice the bassoon while the rest of the family wants to watch tv. 

Apparently Ben is still out buying pound cake - good for him!

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Louise says she’s never done anything but tour with the band…. So we’ve retconned  her managing the Mexican restaurant that Becky worked at?   

12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Thats the norm for this show now.  The whole script is written to serve a handful of one liners.  NONE of their storylines are realistic, and the characters change their backstories every week to serve 'zingers'.   And with each week, they all grow more heinous as people, except Ben and Mark who need to run as far away from these miserable users as fast as they can.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
50 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Thats the norm for this show now.  The whole script is written to serve a handful of one liners.  NONE of their storylines are realistic, and the characters change their backstories every week to serve 'zingers'.   And with each week, they all grow more heinous as people, except Ben and Mark who need to run as far away from these miserable users as fast as they can.  

Or what about more recently, when she was managing the Lunchbox?  That's forgotten now?

If nothing else, the miscarriage storyline could have been a good opportunity to shed light on the current political landscape surrounding abortion, but that probably would be too much of a hot potato for this show.

• Like 13
13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

So is Mark supposed to live in the “Uncle Joey” alcove without even being asked?  They treat him so poorly.

12 hours ago, Shermie said:

Why did they build an entire new house for Darlene & Co. and not put in enough bedrooms? She has 2 kids; there should be enough bedrooms for them for when they visit, even if they don’t live there as they grow up. Guest rooms, people. And Becky should not be taking a room there if Darlene’s own child has to sleep in a window alcove.

The living situation makes zero sense. Becky isn't even paying the rent she's supposed to be paying. If she and Beverly Rose have to live with someone for free she should be living with Dan so both of Darlene's kids can live with her. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
13 hours ago, Shermie said:

I enjoy Louise as a character, but I find her hairstyle to be atrocious. That flat-head do with the bangs just emphasizes her oddly large face. You’d think it wouldn’t, but it does. 

I’ve always thought Katey Sagal is attractive, but her haircut is the worst. Too long, too flat, and too dark. It is not flattering.

• Like 4
(edited)

I caught something weird as well. Darlene said to Harris about when she born and walking down the hall to the nursery herself. I don't know the exact words but if somebody here remembers feel free to fill me in. If I remember correctly Harris was preemie who wasn't expected to live so what Darlene said was ridiculous.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
43 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I caught something weird as well. Darlene said to Harris about when she born and walking down the hall to the nursery herself. I don't know the exact words but if somebody here remembers feel free to fill me in. If I remember correctly Harris was preemie who wasn't expected to live so what Darlene said was ridiculous.

Harris said something about not being able to drink caffeine because of being pregnant and Darlene said something like she tripled her caffeine intake because pregnancy made her tired so that’s probably why Harris popped out and walked or ran down the hall when she was born.  It was more bad writing from people that apparently never watched the old show.

Speaking of that do the writers have to make these historical changes because Roseanne is not affiliated with  The Conners or are they just lazy.  I figured lazy since the characters on the show are from Roseanne but was hoping it was some sort of concession they made when Roseanne left so it didn’t just come off as they were to lazy to research the old show.

On a side note I do not like Katey Sagal on this show.  I have liked her on pretty much every other show I’ve seen her on and as far as I can tell she’s a decent person in real life but I’m not a Dan and Louise fan although I will take them over any scene involving Darlene or Beverly Rose.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Speaking of that do the writers have to make these historical changes because Roseanne is not affiliated with  The Conners

No; they purchased the rights to her intellectual property.

12 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Harris said something about not being able to drink caffeine because of being pregnant and Darlene said something like she tripled her caffeine intake because pregnancy made her tired so that’s probably why Harris popped out and walked or ran down the hall when she was born.  It was more bad writing from people that apparently never watched the old show.

I don't classify that as bad writing in terms of continuity, since it's just hyperbole rather than a factual accounting of Harris's birth, but I do classify it as a lame joke.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, NoReally said:

Burned out on touring, sure. But I didn't understand why Louise couldn't play in a local band or perform solo in a bar or coffeehouse. 

The whole storyline of Louise constantly touring is another dumb storyline to me. How old are Louise and Dan supposed to be? Lets say 60 which would be very generously young. What 60 year old, unless they are in fairly famous band, can afford to tour at that age? We are to believe the band makes enough money to travel and live for weeks/months on end away from home? I know the storyline was created so Sagal could appear in other shows, but it is lazy writing that they couldn't come up with a more realistic reason for her absences. And yes, that she now just cannot continue this storied career at home, and feels her life is at a standstill is ridiculous. 

As hubby and I were watching last night, I commented that the only Connor I like is Mark. (Can't include DJ and Mary as they aren't on enough). The only other characters I like are Ben and Neville, Neville because he told Becky off last week. Sad that in a show called the Connors, the writers have ruined pretty much anyone by that name. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

Sad that in a show called the Connors, the writers have ruined pretty much anyone by that name. 

Yeah when Harris was talking about how she didn't want Beverly Rose's hand-me-downs, I wondered "Do they actually want us to hate Harris? Or do they think this is funny?" It just speaks to how tone-deaf the writers are when it comes to these characters.

Also, I think if I ate something on a waterbed I would get nauseous. 

• Like 12
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

No; they purchased the rights to her intellectual property.

I don't classify that as bad writing in terms of continuity, since it's just hyperbole rather than a factual accounting of Harris's birth, but I do classify it as a lame joke.

Yes, I did mean it was bad writing as in not a funny joke but I got distracted with my tangent of them re-writing history.  Overall I think the writers stink. Although, at least I didn’t absolutely Hate Darlene this episode, which is a change.  The only thing that really irritated me with her is that she shoved Mark in the alcove.

Thank you I wasn’t  sure they bought the rights from Roseanne.  

Since Louise is supposed to be be “retired” from touring according to this episode, does that mean she’s not going to be on sporadically now?  Also, I couldn’t understand what she was saying about her potential jobs.  Did she say she was going to teach music at a halfway house?

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah when Harris was talking about how she didn't want Beverly Rose's hand-me-downs, I wondered "Do they actually want us to hate Harris? Or do they think this is funny?" It just speaks to how tone-deaf the writers are when it comes to these characters.

Also, I think if I ate something on a waterbed I would get nauseous. 

Yes, I was like I love how these broke ass people are turning down free clothing and supplies 🙄

• Like 6
(edited)
20 hours ago, Starchild said:

Louise's near-agoraphobia was out of character.

Well she was depressed and scared and all that..

22 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Maybe she didn't think of that because of how everything went down with it, after all she was let go  I don't want to think they've retconned, but that's just me. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by ESS
  • Like 2

So the show went there.  That was fast.  The Very Special Miscarriage Episode!

Regardless that I'm still hate-watching the Trainwreck Show, as I call it, at least Harris lost the baby early because IRL it means that the pregnancy wasn't viable or meant to be in a scientific/Mother Nature way and not a tragic outcome of an accident or act of violence.  Plus we won't drag through a ridiculous storyline.

I must say that the anger Harris felt was understandable as it's part of the grieving process.  How Darlene, Becky, Jackie were so supportive and even Dan was great.  When Becky told Harris that if she wasn't alright that that was fine too was everything.

I got a few laughs too from the comedy lines too.  But I agree that the show is just built on one-liners and the storylines and continuity need major help.

Poor Mark.  Maybe he can track down Ben and run away together from the mess of this family!

My UO is that Mary is a waste of time and adds nothing to the show.  Now that DJ and Geena are gone, she should be too.

• Like 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The whole storyline of Louise constantly touring is another dumb storyline to me. How old are Louise and Dan supposed to be? Lets say 60 which would be very generously young. 

60 would mean Dan was 25 when Roseanne premiered. Dan and Louise (and the actors) are actually almost 70.

The orange foundation makeup is back. Soooo bad.

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 3/1/2023 at 9:33 PM, Shermie said:

And I love John Goodman, but I wish they’d address the denture issue. Either mention it or fix it. It’s just uncomfortable and awkward at this point.

This.  It's so distracting to hear him stumble over words.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, QQQQ said:

60 would mean Dan was 25 when Roseanne premiered. Dan and Louise (and the actors) are actually almost 70.

Thank you.  When I was just turning 30 and watching these actors on TV I always knew they were older than me and I'm 64, so 60 would be ridiculous.

And add me to the list that thought the touring storyline was dumb.  Did Katey Sagal not want to be on the show full time?  I don't get the purpose of that.  And I also don't see Louise and Dan as a believable couple.  

On 3/1/2023 at 11:38 PM, Bastet said:

I'd forgotten about the stupid waterbed.  (And what the actual hell was that ugly, aggressive eagle/flag thing behind it?!  Glad that's gone!)

That waterbed had to be a joke or he got it at a Goodwill store because they haven't made waterbeds like that since the '80s.  Not that I'm a waterbed fan (most decidedly not) but modern waterbeds don't bounce like that, they solved that problem long ago.  In fact you might not even know you're on a waterbed if someone didn't tell you.

13 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

If nothing else, the miscarriage storyline could have been a good opportunity to shed light on the current political landscape surrounding abortion, but that probably would be too much of a hot potato for this show.

I wonder if maybe they originally conceived it as an abortion storyline but after the repeal of Roe changed it to a miscarriage.  An abortion would actually have made more sense for this show but they were probably afraid to do it after the repeal ignited such controversy.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Yes, I know the actors' real ages. I was being kind. Louise touring at almost 70 is ridiculous. Which is why I qualified my guess of 60 as being very generously young. 

When the show was revived in 2017, they made Harris younger than she should be since she was born during the last season of the original, in 1997. It would follow that they have likely done that with the other original characters as well, as yes, Dan and Louise would likely be pushing 70 as well if they kept what their ages likely should be.  The  other original characters also seem to be a few years younger in the reboot than they should be. I don't know that any of their ages have been given. Other than we know Mark is about to graduate and looking at colleges. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Yes, I know the actors' real ages. I was being kind. Louise touring at almost 70 is ridiculous. Which is why I qualified my guess of 60 as being very generously young. 

When the show was revived in 2017, they made Harris younger than she should be since she was born during the last season of the original, in 1997. It would follow that they have likely done that with the other original characters as well, as yes, Dan and Louise would likely be pushing 70 as well if they kept what their ages likely should be.  The  other original characters also seem to be a few years younger in the reboot than they should be. I don't know that any of their ages have been given. Other than we know Mark is about to graduate and looking at colleges. 

I don't think anyone should feel ashamed of their age, so saying you're being "kind" by shaving 10 years off seemed odd to me. But now I see you meant the writers adjusted the ages of all the characters.

So many things haven't made sense in the reboot when compared to the original. It's probably time I either learn to accept the Connors for what it is or stop watching. Then again, snarking is a lot of fun...

• Like 5
4 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Harris mentioned in the previous episode that she was paranoid the government was going to spy on her through her period-tracker app, as one of the excuses of why she got pregnant in the first place.  Birth control pills made her feel weird or bad and she mentioned the patch that she tried next but I forgot what she said about why that didn't work out.

The short answer is that when a Connor has two choices - a good one and a bad one - they choose the bad one almost every time.  Any decision that makes them financially poorer, worsens their relationship, or causes undue stress and/or hardship in their lives? That’s the one they go for. They all need therapy to see why they all want to fail, but yes, these are fictional characters with no actual motivation. Maybe the writers need therapy to see why they think viewers don’t want the Connors to ever succeed.

Even when something good happens, like Darlene now living in a nice new house with modern furniture and decor (where did the money for that come from?), it still doesn’t cause joy and contentment because random Connors move in and out, and her husband is simmering with anger and frustration about supporting all these extras. So a fresh new start becomes yet another point of stress.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
On 3/1/2023 at 9:23 PM, UYI said:

Darlene might not want to say it, but I will:

THANK GOD Harris isn't pregnant anymore. 

I'll give this show credit: they got me here. 

I'm right there with you. When they said she miscarried I actually said "Thank God" out loud

• Like 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Dan and Roseanne were old enough to have kids and be out of high school in the early 1970s so they would at least be in their late 60s by now.

Edited by Wizardpatch
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, QQQQ said:

I don't think anyone should feel ashamed of their age, so saying you're being "kind" by shaving 10 years off seemed odd to me. But now I see you meant the writers adjusted the ages of all the characters.

So many things haven't made sense in the reboot when compared to the original. It's probably time I either learn to accept the Connors for what it is or stop watching. Then again, snarking is a lot of fun...

I'm still here for the Must See Hate Watch TV and for the snarking.  Eventually this Trainwreck Show will be put out of it's misery.

• Like 5
On 3/1/2023 at 10:38 PM, Bastet said:

Sara and Lecy gave great face when Darlene and Becky reacted to Harris saying she was cramping.

This. The way they both went very still, the carefully neutral facial expressions and vocal tones when they questioned her and suggested going to get checked out, the quiet exchange of glances behind Harris's back so as not to scare her - I thought it was a masterfully subtle performance by both of them.

• Like 18
  • Applause 2

Original Roseanne was more realistic (at least for a while) and actually championed lower income families. You felt compassion for their struggles and rooted for them. These people are not likeable or rootable. They make really boneheaded decisions and are so nonchalant about the consequences that it almost makes a mockery of lower income families.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
On 3/2/2023 at 12:08 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

I have never bought Dan and Louise as a couple. I know they had a relationship before Dan and Rosanne, but I don't see anything attractive about Dan and his living situation at this stage of his life

It's hard to believe that John Goodman is only one year older than Katey Sagal.  Dan seems to come off as so much older than Louise.  

On 3/1/2023 at 9:37 PM, mythoughtis said:

so what was the point of the show having Harris be pregnant?

Yeah, they ended that storyline so quick, it makes you wonder.  If i was more suspicious, I would think that it was just because they wanted to get their abortion opinions out there.

• Like 5
(edited)

The short answer is that when a Connor has two choices - a good one and a bad one - they choose the bad one almost every time.  Any decision that makes them financially poorer, worsens their relationship, or causes undue stress and/or hardship in their lives? That’s the one they go for. They all need therapy to see why they all want to fail, but yes, these are fictional characters with no actual motivation. Maybe the writers need therapy to see why they think viewers don’t want the Connors to ever succeed.

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Original Roseanne was more realistic (at least for a while) and actually championed lower income families. You felt compassion for their struggles and rooted for them. These people are not likeable or rootable. They make really boneheaded decisions and are so nonchalant about the consequences that it almost makes a mockery of lower income families.

This, exactly. Somehow, I think the writers still aspire to depict what they consider a "realistic" portrayal of blue collar middle America, people struggling just to get by. But they are leaning into all the wrong stereotypes of why those people are struggling and they seem to be doing that just for the sake of cheap, lazy laughs. They seem to think it's funny that it's their own fault they're poor. 

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 8
On 3/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, MrsEVH said:

A preemie?😳 well, I suppose it’s possible that a preemie daughter could grow up to be twice the size of her mother or father. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 12:08 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

I have never bought Dan and Louise as a couple. I know they had a relationship before Dan and Rosanne

I wonder what Roseanne would have thought of them being married.  And by Roseanne I mean the character, not Roseanne Barr because there's never any doubt what she thinks about anything.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

I wonder what Roseanne would have thought of them being married.  And by Roseanne I mean the character, not Roseanne Barr because there's never any doubt what she thinks about anything.

In an alternate universe, I would love an episode where Roseanne comes back as a ghost and for one episode, goes around snarking on her family's choices without anyone knowing she was there.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
6 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

In an alternate universe, I would love an episode where Roseanne comes back as a ghost and for one episode, goes around snarking on her family's choices without anyone knowing she was there.

That would be comedy gold.  That would be a great series finale!

On 3/3/2023 at 4:36 PM, TVbitch said:

I think I said something almost exactly like this last season.  I agree with you 100% except there's no "almost" about it, it does make a mockery out of lower income families!

• Like 4
On 3/1/2023 at 9:37 PM, mythoughtis said:

so what was the point of the show having Harris be pregnant

To get Harris to move into Darlene's house?  And now that no one but Dan and Louise are living in Dan's house, Jackie should be hanging out at Darlene's, not Dan's, as she was in this episode.

If John Goodman (for some reason) wanted less time on the show, they could have him and Louise doing their own thing while keeping Harris and Jackie involved with the rest of the family at Darlene's house.

• Like 2